{PP-F16} A Briny Joyride!

Pinball found himself running through the sand, a grin on his face. He was on the 16th floor. Pinball loved it; the smell of saltwater on the air, the simple NPCs on this floor going about their business... and the water. It was everywhere! Waves crashing against the shore, pulling pebbles and small animals back into the water with it - the ocean covering the entirety of the floor in a great blue expanse. It was lovely. If Pinball had his way, he'd have a cabin on this floor, and he'd be trying to find out if he could buy his own ship The main way of getting around the floor was by boat, he knew - and Pinball just caught sight of something that interested him far more than the usual rowboats used by players. He sped up, kicking up sand as he flew across the beach.

Ships! Pirate ships! Pinball couldn't believe his eyes. Not only had he discovered a dock he hadn't realized existed prior, but there were ships everywhere! He slowed to a walk as he approached the wooden dock, taking in the sight of it all. There was a large galleon to the right, and what looked to be shirtless men unloaded wooden crates, walking down a thick plank of wood used as a ramp. To the left of that, there was a frigate, but there weren't any NPCs on it; it looked like it had been docked some time ago. He quickly opened his menu, typing out a message out to Spangie. He bounced in place excitedly, a horrible idea planting its roots in the teenager's head. 

Spoiler

To: @Spangie

Hey! On the 16th Floor! Want to come sailing with me? We can fish and explore the islands and stuff. I don't know.  It'll be fun! Let me know~ 

Spangie sighed briefly as she slumped down on a stony bench. So bored. Her gaze flickered to her familiar at her feet, laying down. “Hey, Agni. Are you bored too?” Her Familiar gave her a huff and shook his fur lightly. She gave a similar huff and slumped down further. Bored bored bored bore- ding! She quickly jumped up, nearly kicking  again who gave a threatening growl. An apologetic smile crossed her face as she opened to message.

Spoiler

To: @Spangie

Hey! On the 16th Floor! Want to come sailing with me? We can fish and explore the islands and stuff. I don't know.  It'll be fun! Let me know~ 

“Oh my god,” her breath hitches in her throat. “We can go adventuring! Woooo!” She bumped her fist in the air and lightly nudged Agni with her foot. “Hey, hey! Get up! Pinball wants us to go on an adventure!” She squealed excitedly. 

Anout half an hour later, she appeared on floor 16. “Woooaah,” She gaped in awe at the beautiful islands in the distance. “I’ve never been here before!” She giggled, dashing off to find @Pinball.

By the time Spangie had finally arrived, a little over a half an hour had passed. At this point, Pinball was laying in the sand, his head resting in his crossed hands, his eyes closed. The sound of an activated teleportation pad caused him to sit up, leaning on an arm for support. "There you are," he said as the blonde girl approached, "Jesus." He stood up, sand falling loose as he did. Pinball glanced over his shoulder. At this point, the sailors had unpacked all of the cargo, leaving (as far as he could tell) the ships vacant. There were a group of them across the island, a ways off from the dock, drinking and conversing with the NPC villagers. Pinball pointed over his shoulder with a thumb. "Yo," he said with a grin, "we've got to hurry if we're gonna catch our ride." Pinball hopped, turned, and started to jog. "Enough chitchat! We've gotta go! Follow me!" Pinball raced to the docks. 

She crossed her arms and smiled, "Were you waiting long? Sorry," she shrugged and looked over his shoulder. "No way," her mouth opened into a circle as she merely gaped at the ship. "You mean.. the ship?" her fingers pointed to the boat, all while her face held a confused expression. "Holy mother of cake, you're serious?" she took a nervous gulp and shrugged, "What harm can it do?" She quickly followed him to the docks, her mind racing with thought. Pirates.. Ships.. Sea..? she sighed and looked beside her to see her familiar trotting along her quickly. Will Agni like it? she scrunched up her eyebrows an d shrugged. Ah, I'm sure he's been in water before. She looked up at @Pinball, "Uh, what exactly are we doing?" she asked in a curious tone, "I mean, it's obvious.. but, how?" she let out a nervous laugh and rubbed her neck. If we steal from pirates.. won't that make us pirates..? Or like a marine Robin Hood? her head shook at her stupidity and she rubbed her forehead. This is going to get a lot more confusing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pinball made his way over to the dock, a wide grin on his face. This idea of his; it was a horrible one, and he wouldn't be surprised if he went orange for it. Still, you've gotta have fun once in a while. This is still a game, after all. Pinball turned, using jazz hands to express his excitement. He stressed each syllable as he hopped backwards, taking on an almost musical tone, his eyes closed and his grin wide. "We're gonna steal a ship~!
They came up on the docks quick. Pinball motioned for Spangie to follow him. Looking back, all the sailors were relaxing on the beach with the locals, drinking and using the wooden crates as seats. "Come on," he urged, "stay close. Stay low." He scurried across the dock, making a beeline for the wooden plank the sailors had used to get on and off their galleon. "Up we go," he said, as he lifted the plank of wood, staggering backwards a few feet. He turned, and eased the makeshift bridge against the edge of the frigate. It looked thin, and it was definitely narrow; but fat sailors had been carrying off huge boxes just moments ago, so it couldn't be as fragile as it looked. Pinball took a step back, bowing. "After you, m'lady.

Spangie raised a brow, “Oh really..?” She said, trying to match his excitement. Oh dear lord, this is gonna be a long day. “How do you suggest we do that?” She asked, bringing her voice down to a whisper. But then again, when is there not a long day in Aincrad. The player huffed and quickly scurried after the boy, a small smile on her face. “This.. this is a pretty bad idea, I mean I would kill for some fun but isn’t this pushing it? What would happen to us as players anyways, we’re basically stealing!” Her eyes widened at the thought of being a criminal in a virtual reality game, I know your cursor turns orange but what else happens if you go orange..? She watched with a sigh as @Pinball lifted the wooden plank around. She gave a bright smile and clapped her hands together, “Thank you,” she nodded curtly at him and faced the ship. “Wow, a real ship! I’ve never been one before, is it possible to get sea sick in this game? I heard it makes you really really and I mean really nauseous,” She ranted, carefully walking up the plank.