[F23-PP] Scouting floor 23

Beat had stayed relatively quiet throughout their journey, his hands dancing in the air as he had decided to let the scouts be scouts while he planned his next cooking session. If they were successful and they found the boss, they would need a full supply of edibles to buff them up. The recent patch had made his profession viable once again and he had always said that should that happen, he would not squander the opportunity to feed the front lines as he once had. He tossed his menus aside as Shield finally spotted the door to the labyrinth. 

"There it is, good eye buddy." Beat said, slapping Shield's back as his fingers danced through the air again, setting up his Skill mods and battle ready inventory, "I think I'll go with Quick Change rather than Stamina. Between the two of you, I don't think I'll be running out of gas anytime soon." 

Once they reached the large Iron Door, Beat summoned his Spear of Destiny and pulled out a bottle of what appeared to be rum. The label read "I Booze, you lose" and had a potent odor. The fighter quickly chugged the beverage, the placebo effect taking only a small toll on him as his damage output shot up before slamming a small cup of tea down, increasing his accuracy. . 

Stats

Spoiler
Name Beat
Level 51
Guild Celestial Ascendants
Rank Senitnel
Hit Points 1050/1050
Energy Points 110/110
Damage 23
Mitigation 52
Evasion 0
Accuracy 6
Loot Die 2
Prosperity 0
Additional Buffs None

House Buffs

Spoiler
Buff Effect Uses
Well Rested -1 EN cost 3/3
Squeaky Clean -25% DOT dmg / turn 1/1
Hard Working +2 Crafting Exp & +1 Attempt  
Filling +1 T1 slot to 1 food Item 0/1
Relaxed HP regen now 45/turn OOC  
Item Stash +1 Battle Ready Slot  
Multipurpose +2 on Certain Rolls/10 Posts  
Delicious Feast from 3 same food  
Skylight (Searching) +1 to LD  
Advanced Training +2 SP for one thread/month  

Skills

Spoiler
Skills Rank
Heavy Armor 3/5
Search and Detect 1/5
Charge 5/5
2H Spears 5/5

Mods  
Ferocity [2H Spears]  
Finesse [2H Spears] 3/3
Precision [2H Spears]  
Quick Change [2H Spears]  
Athletics (Heavy Armor)  

Extra Skills  
Martial Arts [Extra Skill]  
Concentration [Extra Skill]  
Survival [Extra Skill]  

Familiar Skills  
Fighter 3/3

Equipped Items

Spoiler
Item Tier Enhancements
Eagle's Splendor 1 +3 ACC
Spear of Destiny 2 Absolute Accuracy, Holy Damage, Bleed
Wholly Angle 2 +3 Mitigation
Ring of Strong Will 3 +1 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler
Items Type Tier Quality Quantity Enhancement
Basic Teleportation Crystal Crystal 1 Uncommon 1  
Healing Crystal Potion 2 Rare 3  
Swords Dance Potion Potion 2 Perfect 4  
Safe Guard Potion Potion 1 Perfect 1  
Power Bar [Vitality] Snack 2 Rare 3 Vitality
Shi's Talon 2H Spear 2 Perfect 1 Absolute Accuracy, Paralyze, Freeze

Consumables

Spoiler

Spot-On Tea (+2 ACC)[ID#93369]
I Booze, You Lose (+2 Dmg/-20 MIT) [ID#83009]   +1 from Kitchen (Total of +3 DMG)

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swapping Gear:

-Seeking Aura
-Raw Passion

+Manticore Mask
+Stingin Nettle

Consuming Solid Marble Cake: +30 Mit
Consuming +2 Immolation Potion
Consuming +2 Field Ration

"I'm amazed so many of my awful puns made it onto your shop items," Shield said, making a few last minute adjustments. He pulled out some consumables from his shop, as well as the last of his Solid Marble Cake from the last time Beat's shop was in regular use. he downed them all, double checking that he had swapped out all of his now unecessary scouting gear for their more robust counterparts.

With his defenses bolstered, Shield gave a short nod to Beat before pushing on the great door. On the other side stood a long hallway. There were few forks, and what forks they found deadended almost immediately. "This isn't exactly the trickiest bit of labyrinth, or at least not that I can see just yet." He kept his grip tight on the strap of his shield. "If memory dictates, there's some strung stuff in here that won't be too keen on us advancing. Best everyone keeps their eyes out."

[Base Stats]

Spoiler

Battle Stats  
Name Shield
Level 73
Guild Celestial Ascendants
Rank Senitnel
Hit Points 1670/1670
Energy Points 146/146
Damage 2
Mitigation 211
Evasion -1
* Def. Damage 99
Battle Healing 83
Envenom (Defensive) 18 / 4 turns [BD: 9-10]
Loot Die 8
Recovery 3
Taunt -

* Defensive Damage Breakdown
Thorns 54
Flame Aura 15
Immolation: 30

[Housing Bonuses]

Spoiler

Bonus Effect Uses
Well Rested -1 EN cost [3/3]
Squeaky Clean -25% DOT dmg / turn [1/1]
Item Stash +1 Battle-Ready Inventory slot  
Skylight ** +1 Expertise (Search & Detect)  
Relaxed +45 HP/post, EN refresh in 2 posts  
Advanced Training +2 SP/month  
Multipurpose +2 to certain rolls/10 posts  

[Equipment]

Spoiler

Item Tier Item Type Enhancements
Spirit Plate 3 Heavy Armor Mitigation II Recovery I  
Stinging Nettle 3 Heavy Armor Thorns II Envenom I  
Manticore Mask 3 Shield Mitigation I Taunt Flame Aura I
Resilient Wedding Ring - Trinket +12 Mitigation    
Sword - OHSS -    
Hoya of Minos - Trinket -    

[Battle Ready Inventory]

Spoiler

Items Type Tier Quality Quantity Slot
Teleport Crystals Crystal - Perfect 5 1
Potion of Safeguard Potion - Perfect 2 2
Antidote Potion Potion - Rare 2 3
Blood Brothers - Bleed 2, Damage 1 1H Axe 3 Perfect 1 4
Instant Song of Healing Crystal 3 Perfect 1 5
Mass Recovery Crystal Crystal 3 Perfect 2 Dimensional Backpack
Banner of Support Banner - - [2/3] Storage Closet

[Skills]

Spoiler

Skills Rank
Heavy Armor 5
Block 5
Battle Healing 5
Search & Detect 5**
Howl -
Fighting Spirit -
Parry -
Energize -
Picking -
Fishing -

Extra Skills Rank
Healer Familiar 3
Martial Arts 0
Meditatation 0
Concentration -
Survival -

Mods  
Athletics  
Stonewall  
Focused Howl  
Vengeful Riposte  
Justified Riposte  
[Dismantling]  

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Action: Dimensional Stampede + Charge vs Bleaksword A  | - 13 EP
Well Rested: 2/3
ID# 100579: BD: 1 + 6 - 1 = 6 = Hit [DMG: 28 * 15 = 420 - 75 = 345
Beat-  HP: 1050/1050 | EP: 97/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0

Shield- 

Hestia- 

BleakSword A: HP: 805/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

BleakSword B: HP: 1150/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Spoiler

Dark Bomb (MD 9-10): Impales the player with the highest hate with the tip of their halbred, dealing 500 DMG and stuns the target. A shockwave of dark energy launches out in all directions from the stunned player, dealing 275 DMG to every other player Players cannot be affected by stuns more than one turn in a row

After what was felt like hours of wandering down each forked path, finding dead ends and having to back track and try yet another yet taken path, their effort bore fruit as they reached a large room that seemed empty with the exception of a door on the opposite side of the room. The door was Iron wrought and just as large as the entrance door had been, the only difference being the two large soldiers guarding the door. They stood watch, clad in clad and gold armor and wielding large, steel halberds.

"Check these guys out..." Beat said, the hair on the back of his head standing up as his heart began to speed up. 

As they got to the middle of the room, the guards called out, speaking in perfect unison, "HALT!" They shouted, their metallic, booming voices reverberating off of the flat walls of the room, "The Council is in session they won't be disturbed!"

Beat looked at them smugly as he twirled his spear around his body, walking towards them, "Yeah...see, I have something the council needs to fee-I mean hear. So I'm going to need you to move." He said before taking off at blistering speed, his charge skill amplifying his speed to incredible heights. He singled out the guard on the left and his image seemed to multiply as he seemed to strike the soldier hundreds of times, a different technique each time, before returning to Shield's side in a flash with the last bit of speed from his skill.

"This shouldn't be too bad." He said, pleased with the chunk of damage he had knocked off of the three bars the guards seemed to share.  

Edited by Beat

I follow the two players along as they manage to spot the tower and then proceed to waste no time at all in entering the building. i consider quickly the battle formation that is most likely going to occur as i keep my sword sheathed knowing i won't be attacking from the fact i don't have any significant damage as of yet. I keep my gaze forward as i walk along with the two till the form of two heavily armored guards stand within the way speaking of some council as i keep that in mind figuring that if they are blocking some council and if they aren't found within this labyrinth. Then it is possible a royal bloodline is going to die today since a council is meant to be governing some important figure head. I just turn to Shield with a small grin upon my face. Well i think you can take that as there is in fact royalty somewhere upon this floor Shield. If they have a council they need someone to counsel, and that would be a government leader. I say towards the tank with a grin on my face knowing the options for what is on the floor is much more vast now since it isn't sticking closely to whatever board game he had played that held the information that he knew.

I turn to beat as he smacking the guard who says that as i then take note that these guys are the field bosses then if they can be killed in such a fashion. Huh. I guess it isn't a field boss, but more so field bosses. Maybe write these things down for later reference. I say softly to myself as i then quickly activate energize and send the energy to Beat to top him off knowing Shield is most likely just going to use howl to gain the attention of the mobs.

Action Taken: Energize on Beat [-10 to me] [+8 ENG to Beat]

[H: 1/0] Beat-  HP: 1050/1050 | EP: 105/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0

[H: 0/0] Shield- 

[H: 0/0]Hestia- 1345/1345   ENG: 120/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2

BleakSword B: HP: 1150/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Hide contents

Dark Bomb (MD 9-10): Impales the player with the highest hate with the tip of their halbred, dealing 500 DMG and stuns the target. A shockwave of dark energy launches out in all directions from the stunned player, dealing 275 DMG to every other player Players cannot be affected by stuns more than one turn in a row

Recovery - ID# 100580 results: Craft: 5 [+0 EN]
Action: Howl [-9 EN]

[H: 1/0] Beat    - HP: 1050/1050 | EP: 105/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1345/1345   ENG: 120/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H: 5/5] Shield  - HP: 1456/1670 | EN: 137/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | TNT

BleakSword A: HP: 805/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 100581 results: MOB: 1 [Miss]
BleakSword B: HP: 1051/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 100582 results: MOB: 6 [+1+1=8 - Hit! 425-211=214 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

Shield's mind darted to different possibilities. Years of crosswords and word riddles had taught him not to trust the face value of words.

A council... could be nothing significant. Could mean that we'd face a number of enemies inside. After all, there are two guards out here. We'll see what view we're afforeded once we take care of the peons.

The lank and armored axement lurched forward upon Beat's provocation, their heads swiveling towards the younger player. Taking that as his cue, Shield's chest swelled as he filled it with air. His feet dug into the ground and he unleashed a wave of air and sound that knocked the guards back onto their heels. "I hope we don't disturb your precious counsel with all of our clamor out here! After all, how rude would it be for us to disturb them AND sloughter their guards!"

His voice echoed down the hall and undoubtedly into the room the field bosses guarded. Between the noise and the taunt, both of their heads slowly turned towards him and their halberds lowered into attack position. In a blur of color, their heavy forms vanished, much like Beat's form often appeared to do during a charge. Shield only had time to duck behind his shield when there came a loud clang. The first guard had materialized directly in front of him. The other, he did not see at first. However, he did see the halberd blade that had dug deep into his shoulder from behind.

"That's going to be irritating."

Edited by Shield

I look towards the two guards as one just gets hit by Beat and rather decently if its health is anything to go by as i grin at that as i then glance towards Shield and surprisingly see him take a nasty hit himself as i just nod my head at that and moves over towards the tank and puts my head gently against his back activating first aid covering him in a gentle green aura filling his health back up to full with just that. With a nod of my head as i look towards the tank. There you go back up to full without a single worry. I say with a grin on my face as i then back away to leave it to the duo of players figuring my skills are needed just not totally needed from what i can observe of the duo of players. However, if they're counting on me to do my job then i will do it as best as i can to make sure the two are well off on their own in taking care of this entire fight in being a tank and DPS duo they are.

Action: First aid on Shield 214 healed.  10 ENG

[H: 1/0] @Beat    - HP: 1050/1050 | EP: 105/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1345/1345   ENG: 111/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H: 5/5] Shield  - HP: 1670/1670 | EN: 137/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | TNT

BleakSword B: HP: 1051/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Spoiler

Action: Dimensional Stampede vs BleackSword A | -13 EP
Well Rested: 1/3

ID# 100610: BD: 1 + 6 - 1 = 6 = Hit [DMG: 23 * 15 = 345 - 75 = 270

[H: 2/0] @Beat    - HP: 1050/1050 | EP: 93/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1345/1345   ENG: 111/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H: 5/5] Shield  - HP: 1670/1670 | EN: 137/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | TNT

BleakSword A: HP: 535/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1
BleakSword B: HP: 1051/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

With the pair of soldiers thoroughly distracted, Beat took his time moving around them, he form moving around the large room, the temptation to peak inside the door subsiding as his previous target exposed his back a little too favorably. 

Aww man, I really can't pass that up. I forgot you could temp me with things I want. 

The younger player turned on his heel and sped towards the armored soldier who had weathered Beat's first assault, closing the distance in a single moment. His sword art was already prepared as he took his position and unleashed his attack. His form distorted as his technique went off, the sound of his spear crashing repeatedly against the soldier's armor ringing out and echoing through the room. 

"Plenty more where that came from!" Beat shouted as he retreated back to his party members. I knew he hadn't pulled hate from his partner, but he always preferred to fight as if the boss could always turn on him.  

Edited by Beat

Cooldowns: Parry [0/1] Justified Riposte [0/3] Vengeful Riposte [0/3]
Passive [+1 EN] Recovery ID# 100614 results: Craft: 10 [+3 EN]
Action: Parry [-4 EN] [Justified Riposte + Vengeful Riposte]

[H: 2/0] Beat     - HP: 827/1050 | EP: 105/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1221/1345   ENG: 111/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1417/1670 | EN: 136/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 11 | PRO: 3 | TNT [STUN - Parry Negates]

BleakSword A: HP: 360/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 [ENV 18 - 4/4 remaining] [STUN - 1/1 remaining]
ID# 100615 results: MOB: 9 [+1+1=11 - Hit! 500/2-211=39 dmg, Riposte: 500/2-75=175 dmg - Stunned!]

BleakSword B: HP: 952/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1
ID# 100616 results: MOB: 5 [+1+1=7 - Hit! 425-211=214 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

Spoiler
  • Dark Bomb (MD 9-10): Impales the player with the highest hate with the tip of their halbred, dealing 500 DMG and stuns the target. A shockwave of dark energy launches out in all directions from the stunned player, dealing 275 DMG to every other player Players cannot be affected by stuns more than one turn in a row

Shield felt the light touch on his back and noticed his health tick back up to full. He gave a nod over his shoulder. "Thank you," he said with a slight sigh. "It may not seem necessary yet, but if that's what one hit did, I'd rather stay on top of the damage if we're able. All it takes is a few crits and-"

The first of the guards, seeimingly frustrated that its prior attack fell short of its target, held its halberd aloft. A dark energy began to coalesce, hiding the weapon's edge in a shroud of shadow. Shield's eyes narrowed. "Hold that thought." Again, the guards in their heavy armor vanished. Shield held out his sword arm on one side and his shield on the other, his eyes darting back and forth to detect signs of motion. Fortunately, he noticed a slight streak of something approaching him from his sword side, and judging from the first attacks, he timed his riposte.

As the BleakSword appeared, already mid-strike, Shield managed to parry and redirect the attack, sending the blade into his shoulder rather than his stomach. Meanwhile, the force propelled his sword to the side, and with a flourish, he redirected that force back into the attacker, cleaving through its shoulder. A significant chunk of its health disappeared, while meanwhile, a 'Poisoned' status effect appeared beside its name. He smirked a little, satisfied that he had managed to turn the attack against the guard. However, as the second of the guards struck, the halberd of the first sent out a dark pulse that swept over the party and took a chunk of their health away. To his dismay, Shield's own health bar had dropped once again from the second attack.

"Well, they're certainly determined to punish us."

Edited by Shield

I continue to just stand back and watch the fight progress making sure to observe as much as i can from what is happening as i see the weapon of one knight take on a rather strange property before slamming it into shield causing a shockwave. I quickly raise my shield meeting the hit and brushing it off for the most part as i gaze towards Beat seeing that he took a small bit of a beating from the attack as i go over towards him and taps his shoulder covering him in the same green aura of healing that is first aid like i had done for Shield. Keeping my gaze focused upon the two guards that are blocking the door wondering if this council is going to be another test boss before some kind of queen floor boss, or if it is possible that the NPC knights are lying about some kind of council. I smile a bit rather curious to see what will become of this, and if we will get a small sneak peek into the room like Itzal had seemingly had when he found Bialas' room.

First Aid on Beat: healed 210  Cost: 10 ENg

[H: 2/0] @Beat    - HP: 1037/1050 | EP: 105/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1221/1345   ENG: 102/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1417/1670 | EN: 136/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 11 | PRO: 3 | TNT [STUN - Parry Negates]

BleakSword A: HP: 360/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 [ENV 18 - 4/4 remaining] [STUN - 1/1 remaining]
ID# 100615 results: MOB: 9 [+1+1=11 - Hit! 500/2-211=39 dmg, Riposte: 500/2-75=175 dmg - Stunned!]

ID# 100616 results: MOB: 5 [+1+1=7 - Hit! 425-211=214 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

Hide contents
  • Dark Bomb (MD 9-10): Impales the player with the highest hate with the tip of their halbred, dealing 500 DMG and stuns the target. A shockwave of dark energy launches out in all directions from the stunned player, dealing 275 DMG to every other player Players cannot be affected by stuns more than one turn in a row
Spoiler

Passive: +1 EP
Action: Dimensional Stampede vs Bleaksword A | -13 EP 
Well Rested: 0/3
ID# 100650: BD: 5 + 6 -1 = 10 = HIT [DMG: 23 * 15 = 345 - 75 = 270]

[H: 2/0] Beat   - HP: 1037/1050 | EP: 81/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1221/1345   ENG: 102/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1417/1670 | EN: 136/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 11 | PRO: 3 | TNT [STUN - Parry Negates]

BleakSword A: HP: 90/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Edited by Beat

Cooldowns: Parry [0/1] Justified Riposte [1/3] Vengeful Riposte [1/3] Healer [0/4]
Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+83 HP] Recovery [+3 EN] Healer [+135 HP]
Action: Parry [-4 EN] [No Mods]

[H: 2/0] Beat    - HP: 1037/1050 | EP: 81/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1221/1345 | ENG: 102/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1419/1670 | EN: 135/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT

BleakSword A: HP: 0/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1
ID# 100652 results: MOB: 5 [+1+1=7 - Hit! 425/2-211=2 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

BleakSword B: HP: 853/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1
ID# 100653 results: MOB: 7 [+1+1=7 - Hit! 425-211=214 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

Beat's attack was effective as always. However, this time around, the damage fell just short of the kill shot. Shield had a feeling he knew what was going to happen next, and given that Hestia had split her focus to heal Beat after the shockwave, Shield knew he was on his own for the moment. "Lilith, you know the drill!" From out of his collar, his serpent familiar twined up, coiling around his neck and baring her fangs. With a swift strike, her hypodermic teeth injected Shield with an icy concoction that rather than poisoning him restored his health by a considerable amount.

In the mean time, he held up his sword to defend himself. As he did so, the twin bosses vanished get again. Shield took his double defensive stance, slowly rotating on the spot to not allow any one opening to remain facing the same direction for too long. As the Bleakswords reappeared, he welcomed the first attack, countering and sending his own blade into the sternum of his adversary, depleting the last of its health. It shattered, scattering shards of light into the air which then vanished. The other attack struck him hard on the back, dealing damage with its full impact, though to his relief, he saw that the halberd wielder had taken a little as well.

"Hard part is over! Now just to mop up the spare!"

Edited by Shield

I nod my head at that as i see Shield take the hit and Beat do a rather devastating hit against one of the two field bosses with seeming ease as i just nod my head with a smile at the damage and the subsequent field boss kill by Shield's thorns. I gaze towards the creature as i figure the damage is rather nice as i gaze towards my own weapon and grins a bit as i put my glance towards Shield. hey shield if need be we can try to have the mob attack both of us so we can swap off in terms of vengeful ripostes if you want? If not then i'm sure Beat and you can continue the fight. I say towards the tank as i just move over quickly healing you up back to full and then quickly moving to try and get out of the way of the attack of the Bleakswordman that is left. Being careful of any wide archs of its swings, or its AOE attack that could hurt more then just a tiny bit. I just raise my shield and keep myself steady preparing for the AOE which would be the worst case scenario.

Action: First aid on shield.

[H: 2/0] Beat    - HP: 1037/1050 | EP: 81/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1221/1345 | ENG: 90/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1670/1670 | EN: 135/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 83 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT

BleakSword B: HP: 853/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1

Cooldowns: Parry [1/1 - Ready!] Justified Riposte [2/3] Vengeful Riposte [2/3] Healer [1/4]

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+83 HP] Recovery ID#: 100705 - Craft: 2 [+0 EN]

Action: Energize > Beat [-10 EN]

[H: 2/0] Beat    - HP: 814/1050 | EP: 89/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1097/1345 | ENG: 90/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1381/1670 | EN: 128/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 181 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT - STUN!

BleakSword B: HP: 853/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [4/4 remaining]
 ID# 100706 results: MOB: 9  [+1+1=11 - Hit! 500-211=289 dmg - Stun! - Envenom proc]

Since Shield had no way to riposte, he took a quick moment to throw some energy Beat's way. He registered Hestia's question, but before he had a chance to reply, the remaining guard had held aloft his polearm and was beginning to gather darkened energy at its tip. Without his parry available, he was going to be forced to take the brunt of it. He braced himself.

With a swishing of air, the guard vanished, and before Shield even had time to prepare himself, he felt the heavy blade of the halberd's axe head sink into his gut. The same pulse of black energy swept over the party, damaging the remaining two in addition to the considerable damage it dealt to Shield. There was some consolation in that he could see now that such attacks consistently triggered his Envenom. Before he could comment as such though, he found that he could not speak, or for that matter move at all. He was frozen, unable to act.

Stay calm... we've been in worse spots...

Edited by Shield

I watch as Shield immediately just gets smacked by an attack, and just as i had feared it was the AOE as i take the brunt of the attack with a grin on my faith seeing myself escaping that relatively unharmed as i glance to Shield and see that he lost a tiny bit of HP that i am quick to heal up back towards full. Sorry for not being able to free you from that Stun Shield, but shouldn't be too much for a tank like yourself even then. You're not really meant to move much anyway. I say with a semi-joking tone before backing away from the tank as i look back towards the Bleakswordsman who is guarding the door as i grin a bit rather excited for this boss fight figuring that if these two are weaker then the boss that lies inside which might be a queen, king, or whatever council is inside. Then that it is going to be a more difficult time to keep everyone alive if the enemy has some kind of AOE like Bialas had. I glance towards beat noticing that he didn't move into action like he always does in these situations as i check to see if he is even there, or if some kind of field effect happened that trapped in.

First Aid Shield- 314 HP 15 ENG

[H: 2/0] Beat    - HP: 814/1050 | EP: 81/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1097/1345 | ENG: 76/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1670/1670 | EN: 134/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 181 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT - STUN!

BleakSword B: HP: 853/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [4/4 remaining]

Cooldowns: Justified Riposte [3/3 - Ready!] Vengeful Riposte [3/3 - Ready!] Healer [2/4]

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+83 HP] Recovery ID#: 100707 - Craft: 12 [+3 EN]

Action: Energize > Hestia [-10 EN]

[H: 2/0] Beat    - HP: 814/1050 | EP: 89/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H: 0/0] Hestia - HP1097/1345 | ENG: 84/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1456/1670 | EN: 122/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT - STUN!

BleakSword B: HP: 736/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [3/4 remaining]
ID# 100708 results: MOB: 8  [+1+1=10 - Hit! 425-211=214 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

The Stun symbol in Shield's HUD flickered and faded. With a sigh, he shook out his shoulders and turned to square himself with the remaining guard. "It's no big deal. I suppose we can try the riposte damage. Especially since it's already envenomed, trading targets would be beneficial to double up on damage. In the mean time, Beat, let's see if we can get in that extra bleed damage to finish this guy off." Shield began charging up his energize skill, waiting for a reply that never came. He glanced over towards his partner, but the young man seemed unfocused, as if he was distracted by what was on the other side of the door. Shield swore softly under his breath, tossing the energy instead to Hestia. "Make good use of it. Beat's out of it."

Meanwhile, as the life of the guard slowly trickled away, it went through its vanishing routine yet again and sure enough, it materialized and struck. The damage was noticeable, but it was not crippling by any means. They would see the other side of this with or without Beat's help.

Edited by Shield

I nod my head with a grin at seeing that you agree with me about doing the riposte strategy, and so without missing a beat i quickly activate Focused Howl slamming my sword against my shield to get the mobs attention as i smile towards the guard. Come on one dead, and you're already well on your way out the door Guard dude. Seems like whoever is inside running that council chose rather poor guards if they thought you would be useful. I say taunting the guard with a grin hoping to strike its pride or honor if it has any as i then get on the defensive taking note of the small energy gain as i give a nod towards you as i keep my gaze upon the bleaksman with a small grin rather curious what it will be like to tank a hit if it decides to go after me now, or if it will stick with Shield for a moment. Myself not really knowing the answer since i don't know how it will decide who to go after since the hate is equal.

Action: Focused Howl

[H:5] Hestia - HP1097/1345 | ENG: 77/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1456/1670 | EN: 122/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT - STUN!

BleakSword B: HP: 736/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [3/4 remaining]

Cooldowns: Parry [0/1] Vengeful Riposte [0/3] Healer [3/4]

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+83 HP] Recovery ID#: 100709 - Craft: 7 [+3 EN]

Action: Parry [-5 EN] [Vengeful Riposte]

[H: 2/0]    Beat - HP: 814/1050 | EP: 89/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H:5]     Hestia - HP973/1345 | ENG: 77/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1395/1670 | EN: 121/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT - STUN!

BleakSword B: HP: 543/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [4/4 remaining]
ID# 100710 results: MOB: 9 [+1+1=11 - Hit! 500/2-211=144 dmg, Riposte: 500/2-75=175 dmg - Stunned! Parry negates - Envenomed]

The taunting of Hestia drew the Bleaksword's attention, but after a moment's consideration, its eyes drifted lazily back towards Shield. Recognizing the murderous intent, he held up his sword, now prepared to counter attack properly. However, before disappearing, the armored guardsman held up his weapon, charging it for another focused attack. As it disappeared and reappeared, Shield was prepared, easily intercepting the attack with his sword and negating practically all of the damage while using the attack to slip to the side and plunge his blade into his attacker's side.

"You chose wrong," he said, twisting the blade into the wound and watching more health slip away. The Envenom icon, slowly fading, was refreshed, starting to poison the foe anew. "Go ahead. Try your luck with her this time. See how that works out for you."

The eyes of the guard remained dead and lifeless, as if it could not be bothered to worry about the outcome of the fight. As it leered at Shield, the mini-boss' health dipped below the half-way threshold, and the bar changed to a bright yellow.

Edited by Shield

I chuckle at seeing the mob being beat back by two tanks as i quickly raise my own blade and gets into the proper stance as i take a calming breathe and focuses upon my opponent taking into account every action it has done to be able to strike my ally during this fight. After a bit i nod my head able to get a rough idea of how it can attack as i keep my form and awaits for it to come and strike me having a calm and collected look upon my face. Well Guard come face me and your death if you dare try to strike at me. The attempt will always end up failing rather spectacularly either way. I say taunting the guard once more with a grin as i glance towards my familiar who is ready to pounce the guard if need be as i just nod my head gratefully towards him before focusing back onto the guard as fast as i can. Knowing that a moment's distraction could be the end of me one which i can only hope isn't the end for me if it still has any tricks up its sleeves.

Action Taken: Vengeful Riposte [0/3]

[H: 2/0]    Beat - HP: 814/1050 | EP: 89/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H:5]     Hestia - HP973/1345 | ENG: 73/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1500/1670 | EN: 121/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 211 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT - STUN!

BleakSword B: HP: 543/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [4/4 remaining]

Cooldowns: Parry [1/1 - Ready!] Vengeful Riposte [1/3] Healer [4/4 - Ready!]

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+83 HP] Recovery ID#: 1007011 - Craft: 11 [+3 EN]

Action: Unequip Gear [-Spirit Plate]

[H:5]     Hestia - HP836/1345 | ENG: 73/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1478/1670 | EN: 121/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 157 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 0 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT

BleakSword B: HP: 296/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [3/4 remaining]
ID# 100712 results: MOB: 5 [+1+1=7 - Hit! 425-151/2=137 dmg, Riposte: 175 dmg, THN: 54 dmg]

Between the extra taunting and the considerable damage it had sustained from it last attempt, the guard seemed to be having second thoughts. It paced slowly in between the two defending players, looking back and forth from one to the other. Finally, its eyes settled on Hestia. Shield took that as a good sign. He quickly swiped through the air to summon his menu and unequipped one of his pieces of heavy armor. It left him somewhat exposed, but the fight was nearly at an end. A couple more hits would not be enough to wind him too badly. He hoped.

Meanwhile, the guard vanished into the air, appearing just in front of Hestia. It attempted a clean stab, but its halberd was knocked aside by the on guard player, and the handle struck it hard against the side of its head. Staggering back, it shook itself off and turned back towards Shield. "Looks like both answers were wrong. Pick your poison."

Edited by Shield

I grin as i see the guard focus upon me as i stick my ground and keep my stance strong preparing for the attack. With a deep breathe i observe the being as it charges towards me as i meet its weapon deflecting the attack slightly to skid along my armor as i grin then stab into the guard with my sword with a grin as i then back away ignoring my health drop not considering it important enough to take notice of as i just focus upon the enemy in front of me. I take a look at my health and nods my head as i touch my hand against my chest activating field medic as a green chain of energy connects myself to Shield and Beat bringing us all back to full. After that I just grin feeling confident in my own abilities to handle mobs that guard the bosses as i keep my sword in hand as i stare the guard down with a smirk. Well come on guard make your choice. You going to fight the Paladin, or you going to fight the best tank in all of Aincrad. The end result is the same which is your death by our hands. I say in a calm and composed tone of voice allowing myself to enjoy the slight satisfaction of fighting my first field mob and actually winning. That one fact making this rather amazing even though i know that all the heavy lifting was done by Shield and Beat.

Action Taken: Field medic.

[H: 2/0]    Beat - HP: 1050/1050 | EP: 89/110 | DMG: 23 | MIT: 52 | ACC: 6 | LD: 2 | EVA: 0
[H:5]     Hestia - HP: 1105/1345 | ENG: 48/130  MIT:151 Thorns: 54  DMG:7   EVA: -1   ACC:1  REC: 1 Regen: 1  Para: 2 [1/3]
[H:5]      Shield - HP: 1670/1670 | EN: 121/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 157 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 77 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 0 | LD: 8 | PRO: 0 | TNT

BleakSword B: HP: 296/1150 | DMG: 425 | MIT: 75 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ENV [3/4 remaining]