[PP-F4] <<Essence of Steel>> -Domarus & Embers-

Domarus had recently acquired an uncommon item with the bloodclot enhancement on it.  A unique enhancement that nullified the bleed effect entirely, preventing it from landing on him. The goal of doing this quest, again was to get his hands on the essence of steel.  This material was going to turn his item from an uncommon to a rare, and then after another round of this quest, a rare into a perfect.  The idea was to add the recovery enhancement to the item, allowing him to use it with his silver armor.  It was a fur cape at the moment, but he knew of an item called a name tag which he intended to use on the blood clot armor, turning the name, description, and appearance of the item into whatever he wanted it to be.  When that happened it would match his armor perfectly, allowing him to walk in public without looking like a fool, and retain the power of the enhancements at the same time.  He was currently standing on the fourth floor waiting for Embers to hurry and join him.  The reason he called for her wasn't because he needed her help, far from it.  It was to help him pass the time and the boredom of after he finished it.  Maybe they'd head to a higher floor and take on a few loot monsters, Lord knew he needed the col.

@Embers

The 4th floor sucked. She hated it, and hated that Domarus was calling for her to join him on it. She had stared at the message, and was half tempted to refuse it straight up. However, she also wanted to level up some more so why the hell not?

She arrived out of the teleporter heavily armoured. She had something she’d want to wear, but this floor was stupidly cold that she couldn’t use it…yet. But she would soon. She grinned widely seeing Domarus as Rowan, the girls Hawk, stared at him with pine-green eyes. “Been a while eh Dom? The hell do you want on this floor anyway? It’s damn cold and boring!” She complained as she walked up to him, leaving her Scythe on the back of her armour. She’d been to this floor to grab her armour, and that was about it. Nothing about this floor spoke to her, not its weather, its people or its monsters. So why the hell would people visit here, yet alone live here?

Domarus watched as Embers appeared at last and he nodded to her in greeting.  When he heard what she had to say, the corner of his mouth tilted upward, mildly amused with her attitude.

"I'm here for the essence of steel quest.  I recently acquired an item drop with a unique enhancement called blood clot.  Prevents me from receiving the bleed effect.  However it's an uncommon item so I'd like to do this quest twice and upgrade it to perfect.  Once with you since you haven't taken the quest yet, and one with another.  Preferably one from the guardian dawn guild."  Ever since that guild had invited him over to discuss an alliance, he'd been working hard to not only earn their trust, but their favor.  He needed to convince them without the shadow of a doubt, that merging with his guild was what they wanted.  Their main goal was to survive?  To be strong and offer protection for the weak?  He was after the same thing.  Except he had already saved lives by destroying the two dark guilds.  

"And from what you tell me, it sounds like you don't have the survival skill on you."  Domarus didn't either but he had learned to tolerate extreme cold or heat a long time ago.  It was something that he had mastered in the end.  Domarus was wearing his silver armor but kept his helmet off until the fight.  He gestured for her to follow him.

"Come, the boss is this way.  Once we clear it out we can head to a higher floor and slay a few monsters.  We need col for that guild hall and with the update for AoE energy costs, we should be able to get them far easier than before."

@Embers

Essence of Steel? The girl frowned, she hadn’t heard of that quest before, but then, it sounded like it was about upgrading equipment. Something she just didn’t care fo. Although, one comment he made caught her eye. Guardian Dawn Guild. The Kids Guild. What was Domarus doing with them? “The hell are you doin’ with the Kid eh? They’re all, cowards. I know you Dom, the Kid and you? Ain’t in the same page” She didn’t get the need for deception, nor the requirement for it. There was no way the Kid would ally up with up with Domarus, so why was he lying to him? Wouldn’t it come out? Lies always came out.

“Lets get goin’, the more we kill the more experience I get” She says lazily, reaching onto her back and grabbing her Scythe. Spinning it around it around lazily, she eventually rested it on her shoulder with both ends of the blades seemingly glowing for combat. “Hey, gotta ask this properly, you ain’t going to screw the kid no?” The ‘Kid’ in this context being the guild leader of the Guardians “Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hugely care. But I know you, you don’t leave nothing left alone”  

Domarus looked at Embers when she asked him what his plans were with the kid.

"The main goal is to eventually absorb their guild into my own while making them stronger in the process.  When that happens I'll have a decently sized guild and will be able to attract more players.  What makes it easier is that her guild members seem to be all too easy to manipulate, making them the perfect puppets.  In addition to that, Eatos is a clever player indeed, so if I could win her over she would be a decent asset."  When Embers asked that they move on and go face the boss he chuckled and nodded.

"The boss itself won't satisfy, but if we move to a higher floor afterwards, we could very easily face some leveled monsters and gather more col."  Then she asked him a different question.  Was he going to screw the kid.  He looked at her curiously.  Despite Embers claiming she didn't care one way or the other, he felt there was something more to this than met the eye.  He was going to need to talk with Eatos, try to dig to the bottom of it.  In the meantime..
     "
If by screw her you mean using her skills and resources to my own means then yes.  If you mean leave her in the dirt when I'm done, then no."  It wasn't long before they reached the boss' lair, and the boss emerged.  Domarus gestured for Embers to attack it.

"I could probably one shot it, so you go ahead and decimate it.  I know you want to hit something,"  he said with a chuckle.

Domarus:  800/800  -  80/80  -  15-19 dmg  -  54 mit  -  2 recovery
@Embers :  ???/???  -  ??/??

Boss:  250/250 HP  -  160 dmg (deals minimum of 24 regardless of MIT)

• 3 weeks later...

Aborb the guild? The girl muttered softly. It made, an annoying amount of sense. Domarus had said something about control, it would make sense to induct them in rather than simply crush the other guilds outright. But the amount of deception that Domarus was doing to get what he wanted didn’t sit well within her chest, like eating off food, lingering within her. Although, something Domarus said baffled her greatly. The words ‘Her’, and ‘Eatos’.

“H-her? The hell you talkin’ about?” She asked “I’m talking about the kid, Stryder. He’s the leader. That blue-haired crazy, I wouldn’t trust her with nothing” She said. She’d seen the look in that girls eyes once, and they were far from the eyes of someone she’d come to trust. Blood lust speaks to blood lust after all.

Seeing the Snow Beast, Embers grinned darkly, spinning her Scythe around in her hands. “It’s like you know me” She says in response to Domarus’ offer, charging head first in. However, as the girls Hawk moved in to mark the spot, the beast reacted, swinging a claw at her. Embers raised her Scythe, deflecting the counter the Snow Beast had thrown, but it put a curt end to her own strike. Was this beast trying to fight back!?

-------------

Id: 101440

BD: 2(+1)=3 <miss>

Sword Art: Crimson Rush (5En)

@Domarus:  800/800  -  80/80  -  15-19 dmg  -  54 mit  -  2 recovery
Embers:  380/380  -  33/38 - 9 Dmg - 2 Acc - 39 Mit

Boss:  250/250 HP  -  160 dmg (deals minimum of 24 regardless of MIT)

•  
Edited by Embers
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing Embers' response it would seem she understood the purpose behind absorbing the guild and the benefits this could have.  At any rate Domarus would take their guild, and make them his property.  When that happened he would simply make them stronger than they used to, showing every other player that if you joined Domarus, you would in fact be powerful and protected.  Making it more appealing to join his guild.  Suddenly Embers was shocked at something and when she spoke it would appear there was miscommunication.  When he heard what she said he chuckled.

"Apologies, it seems I misheard you.  However you are wrong in thinking Stryder is the leader.  He's only the leader in title, Eatos is the true leader.  She's clever, an intelligent mind.  You could say we were having a little battle as she set up verbal traps to discover my secret.  I'd say it was close to fun for someone like me.  The kid though?  Stryder?  His brain seems as big as a doornail, though he seems to have his moments.  He's the guild's fighter.  He leads the charge, she leads in direction, politics and the like.  Though I wouldn't trust her due to her having alternative motives that are not yet revealed, what do you know of her?  Why do you say she's crazy?"  When Embers attacked she seemed to have missed.  It was Domarus' turn next.  Domarus activated charge and launched at the boss which struck at him as well with a roar.  Domarus was hit, but the blow he delivered to the boss was far more devastating, shattering the beast in a single blast.  When he landed he tsked.  

"Still not strong enough to be a challenge.  Figures."

-------------

ID#  101744  BD:  8  MD:  9

20x13=260 dmg

@Domarus:  699/800  -  67/80  -  15-19 dmg  -  54 mit  -  2 recovery    160-59=101 dmg
@Embers:  380/380  -  33/38 - 9 Dmg - 2 Acc - 39 Mit

Boss:  0/250 HP  -  160 dmg (deals minimum of 24 regardless of MIT)

Edited by Domarus

For once, when asked the question, Embers found herself hesitating. Was that really her information to share around? Given all she was hearing, it becomes more and more obvious, and yet, worried her greatly that information she carried around about the blacksmith. She saw Domarus charging in and…one shotting the monster. Of course he had the damage for it. She pouted a little, she’d of preferred a fairer fight…

“She’s just…something about her puts me on alery, sets my instincts on fire” Embers said vaguely. While it wasn’t lying, it was far from the full truth. When she’d first met the blacksmith, she’d been annoyed at how formal she had been. Then she’d looked into the other girls eyes, and like a shark smells blood, Embers smelt blood on the girl.

Embers turned to face Domarus, and battled away her hesitation. It was just her belief after all. “I saw somethin’ in her eyes once, it was a hatred. That kinda self-loathin’ stuff that turns you into a shell. Ain’t nothing good make someone hate themselves that much, even more since she carries it around with her”. Embers let out a soft growl, but it was more at herself. Why the hell did she feel the need NOT to tell Domarus what she honestly thought? The hell was this side of her?

• 4 weeks later...

Domarus noticed the hesitance and paid attention just a little bit more.  Upon hearing her words he looked at her curiously.  She had that look, the one people had when they were keeping something to themselves.  Indicating that she wasn't telling him the whole truth.  If she had chosen to practice keeping her emotions in check and hidden from the world she may have gotten away with it.  But she even told him she would rather wear her feelings proudly than hide them, and that left her exposed.  Even when she didn't want to.  He'd have to lure the truth out.

"What could possibly put you on that high of an alert?  Let alone about her?"  Finally, she told him.  Something about seeing a hatred, self loathing in the girl's eyes one time.  How she was carrying that around and how no one should do that to themselves.  He thought about that for a moment.  

"Most of the time this is the case.  There is a way of course to focus that anger in an effort to push yourself, to become stronger than you are before.  It doesn't sound like she's this case from your perspective though..  I'll think about this, thank you for bringing it to my attention."  He wondered if there was some way he could exploit this.  If he wanted to make use of it then he would need even more details than before.  He'd need personal information, like situations that happened between family or friends, etc.  Anything he could use to his advantage.  For now though, he'd focus on Embers.

"Well since this boss wasn't enough, what do you say we head up a few floors and fight a real challenge?"  he asked with a chuckle.

@Embers

Embers didn’t want to tell Domarus her belief on that blacksmith, not only because Hestia had been planting seeds of suspicions within her, but more so, it just wasn’t her place to tell him. The look on the others girl face, the look in those amber eyes. And the pain buried under them. For little Embers cared about her, there were limits to her own code.

“Look, I’m just saying, something’s off about her” Embers attempted to act as if she didn’t care, to only a minor success internally. It wasn’t her place to judge the other girl, but she did partly worry about Stryder.

At the offer to move up some floors, Embers gave Domarus her typical lazy smirk “Am I up for a challenge? Please, you already know the answer to that” She said confidently, beginning a slow walk to the mouth of the cave as Rowan hopped onto the tall girls shoulder, catching her attention for a moment before petting the avian.

@Domarus

• 2 weeks later...

Domarus nodded to Embers, noting the hesitance and, despite not wanting for it to show her concern.  He looked at her carefully for a time.  What was going on in that head of hers?  Did she care about Eatos?  If that were true...  Domarus personally didn't care about those people, they were just a means to get the guild.  If Embers cared about this individual however then he would need to be careful.  He needed to find ways to create a stronger trust based relationship with his generals.  He was only using them, but they needed to feel close, important and the like.

"I'll look into the matter.  If it's serious then I'll help her work through whatever she's got going on.  I need allies and I need a good reputation.  This will greatly help further both of those needs in the end.  Come on, let's head on over to the twenty second floor.  All those monsters are leveled to players, making it the perfect grinding spot." 

Time Shift

The two were on the twenty second floor now, and Domarus was thinking over what Embers had told him.  Since he was going to be investigating this he had to think over what he was actually investigating.  And to be frank this was going to need some strategy.  From the looks of things he'd be digging into her real life information.  The first thing he had to do was find out if anyone actually knew what was going on with her, and if so he would then need to come up with a strategy on how to obtain said information.  If he had potions like when he had started his campaign this would be easy, but cardinal wasn't going to let it be easy...  Soon enough they came across a group of four monsters.  All of them being large bears.  Domarus scoffed. 

"This floor is perfect for grinding, but it's really boring at the same time.  No style, just throw animals in as your enemy."  Domarus activated charge and lashed out at the monsters, dropping almost every one of them down to zero with his first assault.

"Perhaps there will be an area where the monsters are, more difficult and with higher rewards..  If I were to guess it would be in that haunted forest."

ID# 103557  BD:  1  MD:  2
ID# 103558  BD:  9  MD:  6
ID# 103559  BD:  2+3+1=6  MD:  7
ID#  105360  BD:  2+3+1=6  MD:  1

19+1x14=280 dmg
19x14=266 dmg

120-54=66 dmg

@Embers:  380/380  -  33/38 - 9 Dmg - 2 Acc - 39 Mit

Bear 1:  320/320 - 120
Bear 2:  40/320 - 120
Bear 3:  54/320 - 120
Bear 4:  54/320 - 120

Listening to Domarus talk about Embers, she held her tongue about telling him the truth. She didn’t care for the girl, but rather, the look in her eyes. There were just some things that the person had to say, and that was one of them. She rolled her eyes a little at Domarus as they walked. She knew he didn’t care about the other guild leader. She wasn’t that smart and even Embers managed to work that one out.

Up on the twenty second floor, Embers had been humming a tune and playing with Rowan. Her Hawk had been flying around, hopping from shoulder to shoulder as the girl tried to grab him. It wasn’t a ‘fun’ game, but it gave her something to do. She could have thought about Domarus and his plan, but she stopped caring if she was honest. If Domarus tried anything, she’d simple use her strength and problem solved.

Spotting the animals, she grinned. Finally, a good-old fashion slug fest! She smiled cockily as she pulled her Scythe off her back, and eyed the injured bears. Given how much Domarus had done already, they were easy picking!

She charged forwards, slamming into the first bear, but her Scythe wasn’t aiming it despite the swing. Instead, it carved its way through the weakened second and third bears, and she dropped to her back and slid under the fourth and final bear, before leaping onto her feet and spinning around. Two dead.

“That’s two kills to me…” She said cockily “Can’t you clean up after yourself anymore Domarus?” She was goating him. She wanted to see him go all out, like he did in his fight against her. She wanted to see him burn!

Spoiler

Sword Art: Trample Act 9(6) -12En

ID: 103593 BD: 3(+2)=5 <Miss>

ID: 103594 BD: 10 <Hit> 66Dmg

ID: 103595 BD: 6(+2)=8 <Hit> 54Dmg

ID: 103596 BD: 2(+2)=4 <Miss> 

@Embers:  380/380  -  21/38 - 9 Dmg - 2 Acc - 39 Mit

Bear 1:  320/320 - 120
Bear 2:  000/320 - 120
Bear 3:  000/320 - 120

Bear 4:  54/320 - 120

LOOT:

Bear 2: LD:13(+3)= 16 CD: 1 = 2 Crafting Material +640 Col, 960 Col = 1600 col

Bear 3: LD: 9(+3)=12 CD: 1 = 2 Crafting Material, 960 Col

Total Loot:

Embers: 4 Crafting Material, 2560 Col 

Edited by Embers

Domarus watched as Embers rushed at the pathetic mobs, reducing two of them to nothing but crystals.  It was to be expected of course, seeing as how he just dealt the incredible damage he did.  Honestly this was not going to be any fun if they were just going to collapse like this.  Pathetic really.  It wasn't worth his time and really made this whole thing boring.  That however was when Embers spoke up again, making a cocky and rather insulting remark.  He wasn't insulted of course, but he figured that going along with it would provide them with some entertainment while they grinded monsters for a bit.  Domarus chuckled.

"You only cleaned those up easily because I brought their health so low for you..  How about we have a little competition then?"  Domarus launched forward and dispatched the first bear with ease, the creature unable to dodge or land a hit quick enough against the surprisingly agile armored man.  It shattered into a million pieces as Domarus moved to the next bear, slashing up at the beast right before receiving a hit of his own.  It didn't bother him much, but he did spin the ax around to cause the bear to fall, then forced it's momentum in a certain direction with his hands, causing it to fall down.  He tore his ax from the dirt with a single motion and let the blade rest on his shoulder plate.

"Once this one is taken care of, and once our energy has been replenished.  We both take on four mobs.  You can decide on whether you want one that's as strong as you, or if you want to tackle a stronger one.  See who can take on more than the other.  Bonus if you fight something stronger than what's leveled to you."

ID#  103625  BD:  8  MD:  7
ID#  103625  BD:  7  MD:  2

Loot ID#  103627  CD:  10  LD:  19  =  4 Crafting MATs, 960 col

Domarus:  638/800  -  42/80  -  15-19 dmg  -  54 mit  -  2 recovery
@Embers:  380/380  -  21/38 - 9 Dmg - 2 Acc - 39 Mit

Bear 1:  110/320 - 120

Bear 4:  000/320 - 120

The girl smirked at Domarus as she heard him speak. While it was true he had done most the word, all that mattered was who claimed the final blow, who was the one who could prove they had claimed the kill. It wasn’t a ‘fair’ way to act, but her dad taught her that fair was often times a crutch, and fair didn’t put food on the table. Still though, Domarus didn’t disappoint as she struck one one of the bears with brutal efficiency, as to what she expected. Domarus was nothing, if not effective when it came to using his battle-axe.

Hearing his proposition, Embers bit her lower lip slightly. Part of her wanted, nothing more, than to go shot for shot with him. Much like at a bar, just drink for drink. But she also knew that levels would cripple her, and there was no way she could fight 4 monsters at once, and beat them, before Domarus did. She charged forwards, and her Scythe landed true, craving through the bears face and dropping it nice and low. She knew Domarus would claim the kill, but that would exqualise their scores..

“We both know you outdamage me, for now. If I fought four of these damn bears that are for your level, I’m gunna get torn apart” Embers wasn’t lost in a blood haze, and while she loved fighting, she wasn’t going to get herself killed  “I’ll stick to the ones for my level for now..but when I catch you up, I’m holding you to this…”

Sword Art: Crimson Blood 9(6) =6en

ID: 103631 BD: 10<Crit,+2> 66Dmg

Domarus:  638/800  -  42/80  -  15-19 dmg  -  54 mit  -  2 recovery
@Embers:  380/380  -  16/38 - 9 Dmg - 2 Acc - 39 Mit

Bear 1:  44/320 - 120

Bear 4:  000/320 - 120

Total Loot:

Domarus:  4 Crafting MATs, 960 col

Embers: 4 Crafting Material, 2560 Col

Edited by Embers

Domarus watched as Embers struck at the remaining monster but didn't destroy it completely.  Domarus wondered if she didn't kill and finish it off on purpose, or if she just didn't have the higher sword arts to deal the appropriate damage.  He felt like the latter wasn't true, and that she was leaving him the final one on purpose, but he had no way to prove it.  Regardless he was going to destroy the monster anyways.  He heard the red haired woman's comment and chuckled with a knowing nod.

"This is indeed true.  A pain that such a thing can drag us down so easily, but at least it's consistent.  It also relates to the real world in the sense of survival of the fittest.  Alright, while we may not be able to have a competition together, perhaps we can take down a few stronger, and more entertaining monsters.  What do you say to that?"  The fires rise