[F5/PP] Ahoy! Sand Shark!<<Blood in the sand>>

Reinholt laughs loudly as Pinball screams and almost kicks him. "Man, that was good. Sorry Pin, i couldnt resist." He says as he pats his own leg, trying to calm down from laughing. After a few moments Pin starts to fish again so Reinholt walks around toward the other side of the oasis. He walks toward the water and crouches down, cupping his hands he scoops up some water and slurps noisily. Before long he rises to his feet and looks over at Pinball, seeing that he had something on the hook again. He chuckles and turns around, searching the area around him for materials.

He finds some material and grins as he transfers the material to bis inventory. He turns around and sees Pinball with another shark and he sighs, drawing his sword and walking back toward his friend. "And your luck holds. No fishing trip can be completed without atleast one monster eh?"

ID#100674 LD=17 1 mat found

Edited by Reinholt

The Shark seemed to hop out of the water, only to furrow into the sand, where it kept swimming. Jesus, Pinball thought, finally drawing his spear. "Shut up, Reinholt!" He shook his head, grinning. "It'll be dead soon anyways, damn it." Pinball watched the mini shark darted here and there, the only thing exposed being its fin, leaving lines in the sand. "Zomekko," he murmered, and the ghost cat enveloped his weapon in a shadowy aura. The Naughty or Nice Blade glowed a bright purple, contrasted by the dark wisps of shadow that surrounded it. It managed to leap from out of the sand, chomping on Pinball's leg. He kicked, and the shark went flying, leaving it perfectly exposed for Pinball's attack. He Charged, his speed reaching great heights as red sparks kicked up at his feet. His attack hit the monster full force, knocking its health down exponentially, leaving little health. 

Action Taken: [Dimension Stampede] Hit! [-17 EN] / Charge! +3 Base 
Dusty Shark: ID# 100684  BD:5+3= 8 (Hit!) MD: 9 (Crit+1) ((111+1= 112 DMG)) ~ 15+3= 18*15= 270 DMG

- Players - 

Pinball: 628/740 HP | 57/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG 

- Enemies -

Dusty Shark: 100/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt grins as he hefts his sword in his hand. ”My word, that’s no way to speak to your best  bud.” He chuckles and watches as Pinball lands his strongest sword art and then the shark’s heath drop considerably. He loosens his shoulders and nods toward the shark. ”My turn, Fish breath.” He mutters and dashes forward, his sword held loose in his right hand.  The shark was still recovering from Pinballs hit as Reinholt leaps at the Shark and bashes the shark in the head with his pummel. The shark hits the sand, flopping lazily around like a fish out of water, thanks to the <<Stun>> status effect Reinholt had inflicted. Reinholt grins as he backs away from the stunned creature. "Finish Him!" He says in his best Mortal Kombat voice. He tries to keep a straight face but bursts into laughter. "I crack myself up.." he mutters to himself.

Action Taken: <<Fight Blade>> Hit[-9EN]

ID#100737 BD=8+2=10

DMG: 54+Stun

- Players -

Pinball: 628/740 HP | 57/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 15/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Dusty Shark: 46/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Reinholt

Pinball sighed. "Sorry, sorry," he complained, "but really, it'll be dead in a moment." Pinball lowered his spear, taking a few steps backwards as his armored friend launched a Sword Art at the Dusty Shark, lowering its already nearly depleted health bar even further. Reinholt stepped aside as the Dusty Shark leapt back into the sand, swimming around it in circles. Then, as suddenly as it had started to swim, it stopped suddenly, stunned. "Nice one," he said as he brushed past, spear held in one hand. "Sorry about this, sharky." Pinball took his spear in both hands, his weapon glowing with his second sword art activation. "Good fight. You bruised me." In a single, swift motion, Pinball's hand rocketed forward, sending his spear clean through the small shark's body. He lifted the creature in the air, the mob flopping about helplessly on the tip of his weapon. He slammed it back into the sand, sending up a splash of dust and monster crystals. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Mighty Charge] Hit! [+1 EN, -4 EN] 
ID# 100738  BD: 6 (Hit!) MD: 9 (Crit+1)  <<STUNNED>> ~ 15*4= 60 DMG 

- Players -

[H:2] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 54/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:1] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 15/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

[STUNNED] Dusty Shark: 0/370 HP | 111 DMG

Loot Roll: ID# 100739  LD: 1 (Nothing) 
Gained: [x1,110] Col 

Edited by Pinball

Grinning, Reinholt sheathes his sword and walks over to his friend. "Atleast I can do some kind if damage to the monsters you fish up now. Before i might as well been hitting it with a pook noodle." Reinholt says with a chuckle.  It was true, last tkme they were fishing together Reinholt couldn't so much as land a hit on the monsters Pin had fished up. But now he was well on his way to being able to dish out Damage like Pinball. He pauses, thinking he saw something in the sand and crouches down to sift through the sand. After findind nothing he brushes his hands off and stands. "I was kind of hoping youd fish up a mummy though for real. Now that would of been a story." He smiles and pats Pinball on the shoulder. Before long, they would make a pretty good damage dealing team, with Reinholt being able to take the hits while both of them would be able to lay down the law.

ID#100743 LD=1 no mats foun

Edited by Reinholt

"Yeah," he said, patting the man on the shoulder before he walked away, "you're right. You're getting stronger, Rein. I'll actually start needing your help soon." With a sly grin, he made his way back over to the pool of water, sheathing his spear and retrieving his fishing rod. "Alright, Ol' Bess," he said, ensuring the line was properly tied, "don't fail me now." He ran one of his fingers across the oasis water, watching the ripples appear and then fade. Standing up straight, then, weirdly wishing he could crack his back, Pinball cast his line, watching the hook plop into the water, satisfied. There was a groan from the water, and a withered hand, wrapped in sopping bandages, took handfuls of sand, pulling itself to the surface. Pinball backed off with a frown, pulling out his spear. "God, I hate my life." He watched as the mummy staggered out of the water, dripping wet. A Mummified Mariner. 

Fishing: ID# 100769  CD: 2 (Loot Mob) 

- Combat - 
Action Taken: Fishing [+1 EN] 
ID# 100769  MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!) 

- Players -

[H:0] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 55/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 370/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Pinball

"Oh mighty fishing gods, bless Pinball with your luck." Reinholt says with a chuckle as he draws his sword. "Just gonna keep this handy in case you fish up a kraken or some such." He halfway wanted to ^_est now, knowing it was advance him levels and he could unlock the next rank his sword art. He was at the expert rank now, but would move up to Master rank, unlocking even more powerful sword skills that would allow him to be that much more effective. He had been standing there, in his own little world with his sword in hand, but Pinball's voice brings his attention to What was going on. A mummy had staggered out of the oasis and Reinholt couldn't help but laugh. "I guess ask and you shall receive, huh?" Reinholt, still chuckling, advances on the mummy. As closes the gap, he attempts to dash forward but his feet slip in the sand and he winds up on his face.

ID#100791 BD=1 Miss!

-Players -

[H:0] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 55/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 8/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 370/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Reinholt

Pinball stifled a laugh as Reinholt tripped over himself, ending up face first in the sand. "Ask and you shall receive," Pinbal echoed, the laugh slipping out. His mirth only grew in intensity, and Pinball placed his hands on his knees, grinning at his fallen friend. "I don't think players can swim through the sand like those sharks." Pinball spun around on his heel, kicking up sand as he did. Without looking to find out if he had ended up covering his friend's face with dirt, he turned back to the Mummified Mariner... only to see the monster rushing him, a hand held out in a claw. It swiped at him as it ran past, Pinball quickly sidestepping, sending the Mariner stumbling off ahead of him. "Jesus Christ!" He pulled out his spear, casting a glance at Reinholt. "Get out of the sand, kid. You know how hard it is to get off?

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Hit! [+1 EN, -2 EN] 
Mummified Mariner: ID# 100850  BD: 2+3= 5 (Miss!) MD: 4 (Miss!) 

-Players -

[H:0] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 54/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:0] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 8/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 370/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt grumbles as be rises to his feet. "You know, why dont you just shut your face and kill this damn thing." he mutters and runs his hand through his beard, shaking loose some sand. He watches Pinball sidestep the monster's attack and as it stumbles Reinholt dashes forward. He swings his pummel toward the mummy who some how manages to stumble out of the way. He curses under his breath and dances back away from the mummy. "This thing has some ridiculous good luck, so why dont you do your thing and squash this ugly thing?" He glances at his energy bar, that last failed attack completely drained it. He takes a deep breath and readies his sword to defend himself if needed. "I'm out of energy, so i cant use my sword arts anymore." He glances at Pinball's gauges from thr party menu and nods.  "You got this right?"

ID#100861 BD=1

-Players -

[H:0] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 54/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:0] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 0/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 370/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Reinholt

The Mummified Mariner stumbled forward, kicking up sand as it landed on its knees. Its eyes were wrapped in bandages; the only thing the players could see on its face were its cracked, withered lips, and its jagged, crooked teeth. It pushed itself up, leaning forward as it stood, snarling. Pinball lowered his spear, preparing himself for a counterattack... but the monster turned its head towards Reinholt, its bone creaking as it gnashed its teeth together. Pinball's eyes widened. "Reinholt!" The creature shambled towards Reinholt like a zombie, arms outstretched - but Pinball was quicker. In a flash, his spear was digging into the Mariner, his conclusive slam tearing through the monster's torso. From that heavy, vertical slash, ice formed and spread. The ice rapidly covered the mob's entire body, until it was completely encapsulated in ice, bits of sand floating about in the crystalline surface. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Hit! [+1 EN, -17 EN] 
Mummified Mariner: ID# 100863  BD: 10 (Crit+2) [Phase Proc] [Freeze Proc] MD: 4 (Miss!) 

Mummified Mariner attacks Reinholt - Miss!

Pinball attacks Mummified Mariner - Dimension Stampede 
15+2= 17*15= 255 DMG + FREEZE 

-Players -

[H:2] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 38/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:0] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 0/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

[FRZ] Mummified Mariner: 115/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt instinctively grins as the mummy starts to move toward him. He steadies his grip, waiting as the mummy shambles across the sand. Suddenly Pinball shouts his name and charges the mummy. He lands a heavy blow, the concussion of which blew sand everywhere, and the mummy slows to a halt, a layer of sand and ice now covering its body. "Your concern is touching, Pin." He says with a smirk, walking toward the now frozen Mummy. "That freeze effect is super handy, by the way." he says in a very off hand manner as he rather lazily swings his blade at the frozen mummy. The blade shatters the ice, sending shards and sand in every direction. With a smile he steps away from the mummy and looks over at Pinball. "Kill this ugly mug so we can head back. I got sand in places there shouldnt be sand."

Action taken- Attack(-1eng) vs Mummy: hit
ID#100873 BD=7+2=9

Dmg: 9+24=33

-Players -

[H:2] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 38/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:1] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 0/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 82/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Reinholt

"Wait... head back? Already? Really?" Pinball lowered his spear for a moment, disappointed. "Just, after I kill this thing, let me try to fish once or twice more. If I fish up another monster, we can dip." Pinball turned his attention back to the Mummified Mariner. The monster was heavily wounded; a gash in its shoulder where Pinball had jabbed at revealed the red mesh frame that held its 3D body together. "Well, you were fun," Pinball sighed, hefting his spear. "Goodnight." Pinball launched himself into one of his weaker Sword Arts, though he knew it would be enough to finish the fight. In a surprising burst of athletic prowess, the Mummified Mariner dodged and sidestepped Pinball's jabs, swings, and kicks, leaving the now frustrated boy in a low crouch, glaring at the creature. The withered corpse's body went slack, its head craning towards the sun. "Damn it.

Action Taken - Sword Art: [Dancing Spear] Miss! [+1 EN, -2 EN]
Mummified Mariner: ID# 100878  BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) MD: 4-3= 1 (Miss!)

-Players -

[H:2] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 37/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:1] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 0/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 82/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Grumbling, Reinholt shrugs his shoulders. Not he minded being out here with Pinball, but with their current luck Pinball would fish up another river reaper or some such. "Fine. But if you fish up another river reaper, im walking away and leaving your ass here." He says with a chuckle. Pinball launches another attack and in a surprising outcome the Mummy was still standing, as it managed to dodge Pinball's attack. The moment Pinball finishes Reinholt dashes forward. With low energy all he could do was a normal attack, but he swung his heavy sword anyway. He smirks as his sword bites into the Mummies chest and he dances back away from the creature. "Alright Pin. Kill this thing, will you?" He chuckles as he looks at the mummy before them. It wasn't that the creature was super strong, It was just surprisingly agile. He glances to Pinball and readies himself for a other attack.

Action Taken: Attack(-1en) vs Mummified Mariner= hit
ID#100879 BD=9
DMG=10

-Players -

[H:2] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 37/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:3] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 0/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 72/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Reinholt

He shrugged, a shaky breath escaping his lips as he acknowledged Reinholt's words. "Yeah," he nodded, "that's fair." Pinball held his spear outstretched, palms gliding across the shafted weapon. The Mummified Mariner seemingly froze in place, but Pinball had learned enough about it to learn that it was going to lash out when least expected. As soon as the Mariner craned its head over to glare at his armored friend, Pinball darted forward, trying to close the difference before the monster could land its attack. The moment it became aware of his approach, the Mummified Mariner flinched, Pinball stopping just an inch away from impaling the creature. A cloud of sand burst from the ground, and Pinball jabbed his spear, trying to push the monster away from Reinholt. "I should probably just kill it. Or! We can see how long it'll keep its aggro on us.

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Miss! [+1 EN, -2 EN] 
Mummified Mariner: ID# 100950  BD: 2+3= 5 (Miss!) MD: 4 (Miss!) 

-Players -

[H:2] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 36/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:3] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 0/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 72/370 HP | 111 DMG

Edited by Pinball
  • 7 months later...

With a halting step backwards, Pinball began to move away from the Mummy but thought better of it. It was faster than he thought; it had proven that to him more than once, and Pinball didn't want to make that mistake again. Especially not with his friend's life on the line. It was a scary thought, knowing that the fishing boss scaled to his level, and completely ignored the Floor's stat cap the stronger he got. Pinball gave his spear a twirl, glancing back over at Reinholt. "Lookin' good, buddy! Hold tight, it'll only be a sec." He tried to give a goofy wink, but ended up just blinking instead. He shook his head, laughing and turning a bit red, then turned his attention back to the shambling, drowned corpse in front of him. As the Mummified Mariner approached, Pinball moved forward to put a Dimension Stampede into its chest. The Fishing Boss sagged under the weight of his attack, and then was no more. 

Pinball turned to Reinholt with a wry smile, planting the butt of his spear firmly into the sand. "I- I think that's enough fishing for the day," he laughed lightheartedly, as if he hadn't missed twice in the same fight. As if it wasn't a monster that could have killed his friend in two or three hits. Pinball lifted his weapon and started to walk, casually sticking a hand in his pocket. "Come on," he hummed, "I'm thirsty.

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] 
Mummified Mariner: ID#110496 BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) ~ 15*15= 225 DMG 

-Players -

[H:2] Pinball: 628/740 HP | 36/74 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 15 DMG

[H:3] Reinholt: HP: 240/240 Energy: 0/24 DMG: 9 MIT: 27 ACC: 2

- Enemies -

Mummified Mariner: 0/370 HP | 111 DMG

((OOC: Follows Pre-Patch Loot Table))

Looting Mummified Mariner: ID#110497 LD: 14 CD: 9 ~ (1,110 Col // Rare T1 Armor // 2 T1 Materials

Loot Pool: 

• 2,970 Col 
  • 11 T1 Materials
  • T1 Rare Heavy Armor [#110497]
  • T1 Perfect Shield [#100648a]
  • [x2] T1 Rare Consumables [#100648b] [#100d48c]

~ SUMMARY ~ 

@Pinball Receives: 
1 SP 
990 Col 
7 T1 Mats
T1 Rare Heavy Armor [#110497]