[PP-F2] Perfect Timing <<The Venomous Warg>>

With one last swing of Arabelle's scythe, two wolves landed on the ground in front of her, their growls turning into pathetic whines as they attempted to get up only to burst into red crystals and dissipate. She swiped at the area right in front of her for a good measure and scanned her surroundings for hidden mobs. Finding nothing, the scythe-user paused to catch her breath and glanced at her HP, now in the yellow zone. This...was a bad idea. A very bad idea that stemmed from her overconfidence in gaining a few levels in the span of a week and also severely underestimating the mobs on this floor.

She leaned against a nearby tree, still gripping the scythe with one hand, and quietly watched her HP tick back to the green zone. It was quiet. She should probably have contacted someone who could easily carry her like Pin, but with the defeat of the latest floor boss and the opening of a new floor, she was sure higher-leveled players like him would be spending their time exploring and taking the new quests. Maybe even power-leveling to join the frontlines, though she couldn't really imagine the awkward teenager fighting alongside the bravest players of Aincrad (no offense). Or maybe someone like Angie, or the other people she met at the parties she attended just a few days earlier... Anything but being alone.

A formless blob emerged from the ground just a few meters away from her, and it quickly took the shape of yet another wolf. Two more blobs emerged from the ground and did the same. And she was already in their damn aggro circle. Arabelle gritted her teeth and assumed a defensive stance. HP not fully regenerated, three health potions, and three mobs. If nothing else attacks me afterward, I won't die from this. She brought her guard up as they neared. The bushes behind her rustled.

Spoiler

BATTLE STATS

~STATS 
Level: 5 - 11 SP
100 HP
10 Energy
4 Damage
1 Accuracy
2 Paralyze

~EQUIPPED
» [T1 - Perfect] Shikama Dōji -- Enhancements: Paralyze, Paralyze, Accuracy
» [T1 - Vanity] Starter Light Armor

~BATTLE-READY INVENTORY
» 3 Starter Healing Potions (heals 50 HP)
» Antidote (quest-specific item) -- Reduces the duration of a single Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect by one turn. If used out of combat, reduces the duration of the next Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect that would affect you by one turn.

~SKILLS
Rank 1 - Two-Handed Battle Axe (+3 DMG, access to rank 1 sword arts)

E - 

~SWORD ARTS
Two-Handed Battle Axe

Rank 1
» [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
» [x2 AoE] Smash (2 Energy + 2 per target hit) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.

[ooc: @Stryder]

(This post is RP Combat)

Sky groaned a little as he walked along the second floors forests, his wolf familiar walking behind him, acting a little.... strange. She always acted like this, she was always afraid, but... This one seemed different. He felt like she was worried about something other then herself and her master for once.... He didn'tlike it. He had felt this for awhile, so he had chosen to go explore the area, following his white wolf through the forest. He could hear something, like... growling. Sounded like wolves, something that wasn't unnormal, but they seemed aggravated. He was always in this forest, he lived here, so he was used to how the mobs acted.

Then he heard it, feet stamping into the ground, the sound of mobs forming, and the grows of wolves. He was quick to react, dashing through bushes full speed. He exited into the clearing, noticing a girl who was against a tree, holding a scythe as her weapon. A battleax classed if he remembered right. Then, near her three wolves. They all looked pissed. He quick;y responded.

The first one leapt at the girl right as he was finished assessing the situation, and as he was still moving, he grabbed it by the neck, throwing it into a near by tree. The second one was stunned about him popping out, and suddenly exploded as Sky's foot went right into the wolf. Silver jumped out right after he did this, getting into the third ones face right before it did anything, and he quickly dashed in, punching it, shattering the second. The first one, which had been thrown into a tree, was stunned, the impact having knocked it silly.

"You alright?" He asks, having zero idea if she was strong enough to handle them or not.

Spoiler

Stats (Presented in combat form)

Stryder: 640/640 HP | 64/64 EN | 59 MIT | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Survival Active - Concentration Active

BR - 3 TP Crystals

------------

Skills - 

GM Martial Arts - Ferocity Mod + 1 DMG

Rank 1 Light Armor - 4 MIT

Survival

Concentration

GM Accuracy Familiar - 3 ACC

The first wolf sprung at her, teeth bared. Arabelle resisted the urge to turn tail and run away (won't do much, honestly. they'll just run after her), and held up her weapon to block the wolf's incoming attack. She kept her attention divided equally among the three mobs. She knew the movements of Floor 1 mobs well enough to know that they only attack in turns. For the newbies, maybe. Still, though. But suddenly, a flash of blue and white passed by her and threw the attacking wolf back. Arabelle blinked. It was a boy and a white wolf. Without even pausing, they handled the other two mobs in a flurry of punches and kicks. Both shattered almost instantly. "Who...what?" Arabelle shut her mouth. It was a player and his familiar, obviously.

The mob that the boy had thrown against the tree slowly recovered with a pained whimper. Its HP bar showed that it was in the red zone. Easy picking. The wolf staggered onto its feet, but before it could attempt an attack, Arabelle appeared in front of it and swung her scythe. The weapon's blade hooked onto the wolf's skin and she spun, throwing it against another tree. The mob whined and promptly shattered. She let out a sigh of relief. That's one disaster averted. The small purple-haired girl turned to the boy who was now asking if she was alright. Now for disaster number two: the guy who had to save me from some low-leveled mobs. What an embarrassing way to meet someone. "I'm fine~. Thanks for the help, though. I would've been overwhelmed." In an almost reckless show of trust, she sheathed her scythe across her back and smiled innocently. "I'm Arabelle. Thanks again. What's your name?"

Sky was glad to notice she was completely unharmed, she seemed to have gotten through it without injury, well, at least any from those three wolves. He watched her walk over to the last wolf as it staggered to its feet, slicing it apart with one single movement that threw it into a tree, the pathetic whimpering seeping out of the poor mob as it shatters. Sky, having already heard and registered her reaction to his appearance, smiles as he looks over at her, taking in who he just saved. She was a young girl, who looked to be close to his own age, from what he could tell from looking at her, though he knew he could be wrong. She had a unique colored hair, purple. He wasn't used to it, though he didn't really think twice. Now that he had a moment to actually study her weapon, he was sure it was a scythe, just like Ember. She was only the second person he had ever seen with one, which was kind of nice to see. 

He took a deep breath, smiling as he looked at her, moving his hand to push his short hair out of his eyes, as the front part was hanging down over his eye due to his quick movement through the bushes. His fox necklace was showing, the small amount of light flashing through the tree's reflecting off it. His blue hoodie jacket unzipped, pulling his hoodie off his head to actually reveal his face, smiling as he looks at her, his black t-shirt and black jeans slightly dirty from his day in the forest. 

"I'm just glad to know i was able to help, your welcome to the help" He said, replying to her thanking him. He didn't really need thanks, its not why he saved people as a whole. He just refused to lose anyone. When she introduces himself, he gives her attention, making sure to remember the name, in the off chance they ever met again, in which after he gave a warming smile, ready to introduce himself.

"Nice to meet you Arabelle, my name is Stryder, and this wolf here is Silver. She is a little shy, so forgive us if she doesn't come to you at first" He said to her, deciding not to introduce himself with his guild title. Sure, it was important people knew, but he didn't want to come off as obnoxious, that just wasn't what he wanted people to think of them as. He follows up with a question of his own. "What are you doing here in the woods?" 

With the last mob taken care of and their surroundings clear, Arabelle took the time to examine the other player. He was taller than her and seemed a bit disheveled. It was likely that he had been out slaying mobs before he spotted her. And, as he smiled at her as he pulled the hood off his head, the small part of her that really had its priorities wrong whispered: he's really pretty. Her attention shifted to the fox pendant dangling from his neck and remained there as he introduced himself and the white wolf that had fought along with him. Once he had finished introducing himself, Arabelle looked back up to meet his pretty, pretty grey eyes. "Stryder and Silver. Nice to meet you! And it's fine. I have a familiar as well so I know how their personalities can differ." Like mine, she wanted to add. Her familiar, Moondust, had a fear of other familiars and was a complete bum. At this moment, Moondust was probably pecking away at the birdseed she'd left for him in the lodging. Maybe even went through the whole bag already.

Then, Stryder asked her what she was doing in the woods. "Ah, um..." she averted her eyes and smiled sheepishly. "I was going to take a beginner quest called <<The Venomous Warg>>, but I think I ended up underestimating the mobs in this area," Arabelle explained with a sigh. Inwardly, she promised to herself to have a nice, long conversation with the 'info broker' who had mistakenly labeled that quest as a 'beginner-friendly' quest. Maybe even ask him out. He was cute. "And...you can tell what happened next. Well, what about you? What are you doing out here?"

He was glad that she understood how familiars can have there own distinct personalities, he knew it would make it a lot easier to talk to her without having to worry about her trying to touch Silver... Last time someone did that he almost had an incident. He did NOT want to go through that again. He then listened to her saying what she was doing out here, which made him wonder what level she was. Those wolves were weak, he could tell that by the fact he had crushed them without even using his sword arts, and if she was having a hard time with them, this quest might be a challenge for her. He had opted to not do it till he was stronger, as this was quite a difficult quest to try and do.

"Ah, i understand. I used to live on this floor, though i moved. Silver has been agitated all morning, so i can out here with her to see why. Guess she knew some wolves were on the prowl" He said, scratching his head and laughing a little.Then he added something else onto it. "Venomus Warg is a dangerous quest, are you strong enough to do it?" He asks, a sense of worry in his voice about her strength.

Her attention shifted to the boy's familiar as he mentioned her name for the second time. It was a pure white wolf - hence the name Silver - and it positioned itself quietly beside its master, regarding its surroundings passively. A lovely, elegant creature. And it looked very cuddly, too. If Stryder hadn't warned her against it, Arabelle would've been all over the familiar by now. "Mm, I suppose I must be pretty lucky you came across me then," Arabelle commented. She hid her hands behind her back, wearing her signature playful smile. "So. You basically saved my life. Do you want something in return, mister Stryder?" It would've been a normal statement, but her smile and the way she placed emphasis on the words made the situation a bit...different.

She used a more serious tone in answering Stryder's question. "Well, considering how the weaker mobs in this area almost got me, I'd say no. I guess I'll just have to head back to the safe zone and find myself a party." She paused. But, wait. There was a guy right here. Hmm. Arabelle contemplated asking him straight out but decided on seeing how he would react first.

Sky couldn't help but blush the slightest amount(it was noticeable), when she said that, a little put off. He found it kind of cute, this girl acting like that. Looking at her, he noticed she actually was pretty cute, but he moved himself past that, not wanting to get sucked into something he couldn't dig himself out of. He listened to her answer his question, keeping himself silent as he started to pet Silver, the pure white wolf moving her muzzle into his hand, obviously enjoying it as she growled softly. Since she was a wolf, growling was just how she communicated, especially since Sky was guessing she was a pure breed. His mind shifted back to her, noticing a little bit of a question stewing in her. 

Hmm, obviously she wants help, guess she is just a little shy to ask.

He gave her a smile, raising a hand to open his inventory, looking at her, he sent a party invite. He was hoping he was coming off as calm and fun, he didn't want to seem to be a bit of a stickler. 

"You know, i haven't done this quest myself. I wouldn't mind comin along" He calmly says to her, before adding "Besides, i couldn't let a cute girl die in the woods on the way" He knew he was being a little... Forwards with what he just said, but he was hoping to fluster her a little, just like she did him.

He blushed. Arabelle wasn't surprised, it was the usual reaction. However, she didn't comment on that as her usual style of messing with boys only involved one suggestive statement unless she was being serious. She had to admit though, it was cute seeing his reaction.

Stryder seemed to pick up on her intentions quickly. Arabelle blinked at the party invite for a few moments before remembering that she was supposed to tap 'Accept'. Guess I got too used to sending people those party invites...or having them warn me before sending it first. "Yeah, that's nice. What level--" 

I couldn't get a cute girl die in the woods on the way. 

Arabelle coughed and brought a hand up to cover her mouth. She was not blushing. Not in the slightest. A bit of heat crept into her cheeks. Okay, maybe she was. It wasn't every day a guy actually did something other than blush and act flustered from her playful little statements. Arabelle wasn't aware of his intentions. But if he was playing that game, then she was playing it too. "Hrm. Lovely. And said cute girl might have something better in reward for you helping her on the quest," she replied with a cheeky smile. "But, I guess we'll have to get out of this alive first. What's your level? Think you're strong enough to tank the quest mob for me?"

Sky couldn't hide the smirk that appeared on his face when he saw her reaction. She was shocked, stunned, and he could see the small red in her cheeks. She was obviously a little taken back, which meant he had succeeded in his plan. Along with the smirk that now was vanishing from his face, a small laugh came out. He listened to the rest of what she said, and he noticed the little flirt she did back at him from that joke. He was wondering if this was her being serious, or joking around. He decided to play along, and just see what happens.

Guess i'l just play this one out.

"Hmm, assuming i know as much as i do, i should be able to protect any kind and pretty girls i find along the way" He says, giving her a sly wink, hoping to get another reaction. He knew he might not, but he was sure going to try. After that he decided to add the answer to the question she had actually asked, which was his level. "I'm at level thirty seven" He replied, answering her question. Silver looked at them both, a little confused as to what they were talking about, though she could sense that soon they might be going adventuring, and she got a little excited about that, growling happily.

Stryder seemed like he wanted to keep playing. Though from the sly wink he sent her way, Arabelle deduced that he was probably just being playful and trying to get back at her for flirting with him earlier. Probably. Still, she wasn't sure. Contrary to what one may think, Arabelle wasn't the best at discerning people's intentions unless they made it really obvious. So, she winked back at him and said, "I guess I won't have to worry anymore. Dinner after this, sugar? It's on me."

Then, he said his level. It was a bit of a moment killer, as Arabelle started seeing him as someone on a way higher rank than her. Chances are, she would start taking their interactions more seriously. But he's cute! And he's even responding, whatever his intentions are, argued the less rational part of her mind. 

Clarification: taking interactions more seriously did not anymore involve stopping herself from flirting. Unless it got too much. Arabelle knew a total dreamboat when she saw one.

"Yeah, you're definitely strong enough. I'm level 5, DPS build. Anyways, if that's fine with you, I'll stay back until you get the quest mobs' attention. Should we get going then? I'm looking forward to dinner!" Once he gave the 'go ahead', Arabelle would smirk and take hold of his jacket sleeve, keeping her hold on it as they both made their way to the deeper parts of the forest.

The wink back made him wonder himself what her intentions were. Was she just joking around, or was she serious? He decided to just cross that bridge when it came up. The part afterwards was a little bit sus itself, but again, he just went along with the whole thing for now, wondering where it would go. Once he revealed his level however, he couldn't help but feel the air get a little more tense. It wasn't something he liked the feeling of. Before he let his worry be noticed, he put on a bit of a sly smile, responding is a nice, calm, but playful tone.

"Hmm, dinner sounds nice~ Maybe at a dimly lit candlelight dinner by a river" He responds to that with. He was hoping he wasn't going to far with this whole thing, but she seemed to be okay with it so far, so until he noticed her starting to seem very uncomfortable, he decided to keep going with it. And what happened next only helped solidify that part, which was when she grabbed onto his jackets sleeve, holding on as they walked into the forest, going deeper and deeper into it. Her action again caused his cheeks to redden a little, this time a bit more than last. 

"That's alright my dear, wouldn't want you spoiled for dinner tonight" He says, attempting to say it in a slightly seductive tone, but it came out more as a sly joke instead (Which was probably for the best) which had a bit of a caring underline. 

I hope i don't enter the death mood in combat.... I don't like letting people see that

After that, he added something to the end, speaking in a clear, calm tone. "Don't let my level be any indicator to how you should treat me, or act. Its merely a level, an indicator of how much effort iv put into getting strong enough to join the front. It doesn't mean anything, it doesn't make me better than anyone else, aight?" At the end of the sentence, his voice slowly returned to a bit more of a joking tone, not wanting to ruin the mood.

Arabelle pushed an overhanging branch out of her way and looked over her shoulder, holding the branch up for the both of them. However, due to their height difference, Stryder still had to bend his head a little to get past the branch. His face was red and she spotted him looking down at her hand, still holding onto the jacket sleeve. She was surprised he managed to get past it and prepare a teasing(?) response for her. Then, he started speaking in a more serious tone. About his level and how it didn't make it different from others... Arabelle's cheeks reddened. It was true that she had started watching her words and actions awhile ago but she did it as subtly as possible though there was a slight moment of hesitation before she started speaking, and he was somehow able to detect that? Well. He might as well be a psychic.

Arabelle let go of his sleeve and turned to face him. She hid her hands behind her back and took a step forward. Considering the lack of space between them earlier (since she was pretty much pulling him along), this meant that right now, they were really close. And once again, due to their height difference, Arabelle had to tilt her head up if she wanted to make eye contact. She felt like a schoolkid talking to their teacher. "You're pretty perceptive. Guess I'll have to watch myself around you~," Arabelle hummed, smiling playfully. "Just kidding. And, aight!" She took a step back and did a salute, her posture rigid like that of a soldier's but her smile never faltering. "I just think high-levels should be treated with more respect and all. Like how one would normally treat a high-ranking officer. Since, as you mentioned earlier, level is an indicator of how much effort you've put into helping everyone. Excluding people who level only for the sake of hindering everyone else's progress, I think - I really think - high-leveled players are admirable. Not just because they're good at playing the game, but because they're brave and selfless for taking the task of clearing the game onto themselves." She deeply inhaled and let out her breath in a puff. This was probably the longest serious thing she'd ever said, ever since meeting the stoic Shin. "Just my opinion. But, since you said so, I guess I'll treat you like I would any normal player!"

She moved forward and took his jacket sleeve in her hand again. "And, you know, you basically gave me permission to keep doing this, so might as well!" Arabelle winked and turned around. Only to notice that they had walked into a very suspicious open clearing. And four formless blobs were now emerging from the ground, one blob bigger than the rest. Clearly, they had come across the quest mobs they were looking for. Arabelle let go of Stryder's sleeve and placed herself behind him. If he would turn to check on her, she would unsheath her scythe with one hand and wave at him with the other. "Defend me with your life, okay?"

He was very relieved when she said she would just treat him like any other normal player. He didn't like getting special treatment, and judging by how she reacted to his level, if he told her about him being a guild leader, he had a feeling she wouldn't act t he same around him.. And he was actually enjoying the little game going on right now. Though her thoughts on how the higher leveled players deserve to be treated kind of made him feel a bit appreciated, though he knew he wasn't even close enough to that yet. When she grabbed abck onto his arm, giving him a bit of a wink. He didn't respond to much to it, just walking along with them, trying to think of something to say.

"If you like grabbing onto my jumper that much, its fi-" He starts saying, before seeing the four blobs, along with one larger blob.... Sky took a deep breath, not wanting to scare Arabelle. He cracked his neck, watching as she pulled out her sycthe. He put a grin on his face, giving her a happy, but sly look.

"Of course, if i didn't, how could i get dinner with ya, could i?" He says, before moving in. Unless she moved herself to see his face, and right now he was looking at the group of wolves, and the warg. With a dealthy grin, he quickly dashes full speed towards the group. He notices the bigger one, growing bigger and bigger. He was NOT risking that thing taking a bite out of Arabelle. His dash comes to a quick shift as he shifts his body, launching himself sideways over the Venom Snapper that had fully appeared, and was growling at him. From above, his hand glowed blue, and flew into the spine of the beast, it instantly splittiing in two and vanishing. He landed, feeling himself suddenly getting dizzy, and feeling his life go weird. He looked at his HP... POISONED! The fang had hit him, bit deflected offh is arm guard... But he had gotten posisoned. Before long, the next three wolves jumped at him, Sky quickly putting up both his arms, catching all three before throwing them off.

Player Stats

Spoiler

Arabelle - ??

Stryder - 699/700P | 53/70 EN | 62 MIT | 4 ACC | 3 EVA (Poisoned - 10 DMG 3/3)

ID# 101465 results:

Battle: 4+3-1 = 6 - Hit. All might - 15x15=225 - Venom Snapper dead.

- Mob Rolls

ID# 101466 results:

MOB: 10 - Crit - Stry

ID# 101467 results:

MOB: 6-3 = Miss (all 3 wolves)

Mob Stats

Spoiler

<<Venom Snapper>> Stats

HP: 0
DMG: 35
Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50
EVA: 1

• Venomous Bite: Natural MD of 9-10 poisons the target, dealing 10 unmitigatable damage at the start of their turn for 3 turns.

• Feral Strike: Every time a <<Wolf>> is slain, <<Venom Snapper>>’s next attack becomes AoE. This ability can stack (if 2 wolves die at the same time, <<Venom Snapper>>’s next 2 attacks become AoE). “Venomous Bite” can still trigger on AoE attacks.

• Player who deals the killing blow receives (1) <<Venom Vial>>:

<<Venom Vial>>

Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: On a natural BD roll of 9-10, deals 10 unmitigatable DMG for 4 turns. Lasts one thread.
Description: A vial of toxic venom retrieved from the drippings of a <<Venom Snapper>>'s teeth. Takes a post action to apply to a weapon.

Wolf-ffxii.png

<<Wolf>> Stats

HP: 40
DMG: 25

<<Wolf>> Stats

<<Wolf>> Stats

Arabelle stood back as Stryder moved in, allowing him a few moments to fight the mobs without having to worry about her, before tightening her grip on her scythe and following after him. She kept her distance in order to avoid crashing into him mid-combat. Players in SAO often had very different fighting styles and some (like her) tended to move around a lot. And she wasn't the best at fighting alongside someone she'd just met so she didn't want to get in his way. And - as she watched him launch himself into the air and bring his fist down on the quest mob - she concluded that it really was a good idea to stay back. Had she positioned herself beside him, his attack would've been different. Maybe even less successful.

The three other wolves barked and threw themselves at Stryder, who easily caught them and threw them off. She caught a sideways glance at his expression as she chased after one of the wolves. Was he...smiling? It wasn't a normal smile. Arabelle dismissed it as a matter for another time and focused on the mob she had designated as her target. The wolf landed on the ground and quickly attempted to get back up, its unsteady legs scrabbling at the grass. Her scythe glowed a bright green as she raised it above her head and slammed it down on the mob's head. 

...Or where it should have been. The lucky wolf had managed to move out of the way and was now approaching Stryder at full sprint. Arabelle huffed and dislodged her scythe from the ground, pursuing the mob once again.

ID: 101559 | BD: 1

Arabelle - 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 4 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 Para.
@Stryder - 699/700 HP | 53/70 EN | 62 MIT | 4 ACC | 3 EVA (Poisoned - 10 DMG 3/3)

Wolf 1 - 40/40 HP | 25 DMG
Wolf 2 - 40/40 HP | 25 DMG
Wolf 3 - 40/40 HP | 25 DMG

Edited by Arabelle

Sky quickly moved after seeing Arabelle move in, missing her scythe lash, making sure he was still in the agro line for them all. He saw one, the one that had ducked under and dodged her slice, dashing towards him. With a quick kick off his left foot, he went airborne, his right leg pushing him around in a full spin. The impact on the first wolf hit with so much force that it flew into the other two, who had just leaped at Sky, sending all three airborne. Sky waited a few seconds for them to fall down a bit, before leaping at them, kicking them into a tree as a big clump, watching as all three of them shattered into millions of pieces.

Sky didn't puff to much, not to exhausted after the short fight. His face went back to normal, and his stance did too, going back to a carefree mindset.

"So.... Italian?" He says to her, a bit of a sly grin on his face.

Spoiler

Arabelle - 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 4 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 Para.
@Stryder - 689/700 HP | 30/70 EN | 62 MIT | 4 ACC | 3 EVA (Poisoned - 10 DMG 2/3)

ID# 101723 results:

Battle: 10 -

ID# 101724 results:

Battle: 7 -

ID# 101725 results:

Battle: 8

ID# 101726 results:

MOB: 8-3 = Miss

Wolf 1 - /40 HP | 25 DMG 
Wolf 2 - /40 HP | 25 DMG
Wolf 3 - /40 HP | 25 DMG

• 1 month later...

Arabelle stopped in front of the mob she had missed earlier with her scythe at ready...only to have Stryder execute an AoE attack that decimated all mobs within his range. Which included the wolf she was targeting. And just like that, the fight was over. She lowered her scythe in slight dismay. A notification box popped up in front of her and Stryder with an update of the quest objective, which she promptly dismissed. She turned to him and clapped her hands together, her eyes sparkling. "That was amazing!" she exclaimed. "We should team up again after this. My day would be made just by watching you fight. Oh, and if you're willing..." Arabelle clasped her hands together shyly, trying to look as cute as possible. Clearly, their little game wasn't over yet. "Perhaps you could teach me a little bit...?"

"By the way..." Arabelle swiped her inventory open. Just as expected, the quest item wasn't there. Probably dropped for Stryder. "Let's turn the material in first and grab that Italian meal afterward. You good with that?"

Sky simply grinned, rubbing the back of his head with a bit of a blush. He hadn't realized just how weak these mobs were, and once again, he had instantly finished a full group of mobs. Luckily, he had kept her alive while doing it. This quest was dangerous, he noticed the impact that the Warg itself had, it didn't 'hurt' but he could tell it would have instantly killed her had it hit her. So he had done part of his job. Then, she suggested they team up again afterwards... And then with the cutest look on her face, the sparkly eyes, asking him to teach him, which instantly got a blush out of him before he quickly cleared it away. 

"How can i deny a request to see the cutie here more often~" He says, to her before feeling another hit, but not from a mob. The poison hurt him more as his HP drained slowly. He didn't mind, it wasn't to much, and it was almost gone. He ended this little flirt by putting a hand on her clasped hands, smiling at her warmly.

"That sounds like a good date to finish this little adventure" He says, smiling.

1/3 Poison left

• 2 weeks later...

With his hand placed on top of hers and the warm smile on his face, Arabelle almost found herself scrambling for words. Almost. (Hah!) Not to say that her reply was particularly verbose. Arabelle was definitely the type to ramble, especially when she was nervous (*cough* her most awkward meeting with a boy who named himself after an arcade game *cough*), but she was trying to get rid of that annoying, embarrassing habit lately. "Hmm~," she simply hummed. Arabelle's right hand dropped to her side and her left hand she turned upwards, loosely holding the hand he had offered to her. Arabelle cleared her throat and held herself back from talking more and ruining the moment, then half-turned towards their destination, lightly tugging Stryder forward. "Well, let's go." 

One surprisingly uneventful walk later, the two stood in front of the NPC quest giver. Arabelle nudged Stryder. "The item? It dropped for you, right?"

• 3 weeks later...

It looked like he had almost won, but she seemed to have managed to just catch herself. He was a little upset, he kinda was hoping to fluster her just that little bit more. She seemed to be a little, stuck though, clearing her throat. She kept hold of his hand it seemed, half turning and starting to walk, pulling him with her. He smiled, tightening the grasp he had on her hand, but not so much that it was rough, just a light clasp that he was hoping felt gentle and kind. It didn't take to long for them to make it to the quest giver, Sky not saying much, he himself not knowing what to say as they walked hand in hand. He blushed at the nudge a bit.

Wonder what the others would think if they saw me

"Yeah, i believe it did. But.... How about you give the item to the man you beautiful cutie~" He replied, using his free hand to open his menu and pull out the <<Venom Vial>>, offering it to her. He realized he had just called her beautiful, and he had no idea if he had gone to far or not... But he hoped not.