[PP-F2] Perfect Timing <<The Venomous Warg>>

Arabelle let out a huff and briefly looked away, her cheeks reddening slightly from the prolonged physical contact. Her intention was to come off as a bit cross with Stryder giving the material to her instead of giving it to the quest NPC himself, but she wanted to look cute too. He didn't call her a cutie for nothing. "Stop delaying me, Stry. I'm excited for the date, too," she goaded. Nevertheless, she accepted the <<Venom Vial>> with the hand that was not holding his and approached the NPC. Then, she realized she was dragging him forward so she loosened her grip on his hand until it slipped out of hers.

"Hey," she greeted the NPC"I finished off the Snapper. Here's the proof." She held up the small vial in front of her, showing it to the merchant. Arabelle didn't hear what the NPC said in response, she had immediately shifted her focus to the quest completion tab that had appeared in front of her, then upon dismissing it, her focus was now solely on the cute boy who had promised her a date. She flashed him her signature, charming smile. "We're done. You had a restaurant in mind, right?" She skipped forward, one gloved hand behind her back and the other held out to @Stryder, waiting for him to take it.  "Come on, let's go!"

• 2 weeks later...

He grinned at her huff, and puff, and her red cheeks as he successfully teased her, her attempt to  come off as cross just making him laugh a little at how she was. She said she was excited for the date, and so was he. He watched the NPC accept the gift, a quest cleared appearing for him, though because of his level, he didn't recieve any extra rewards, which was a little bit of a shame. Then before he realized it, she was dragging him along, before being let go, then again when she flashed him a nice, charming smile, her skipping along trying to get him to take her out for dinner. He simply laughed back at her in a cute chuckle way, before jogging to catch up to her, grabbing her hand and then moving himself so that he was next to her, holding ehr cute gloved hand.

"Of course i did, theres a nice quiet resteraunt on the west side of the main town, its in the quiet section, and iv heard they serve very sweet authentic player made italian dishes" He said, before adding "But they won't be as sweet as you" , finishing his flirt with a wink.

Italian dishes? Like...pizza and pasta? Honestly, Arabelle didn't know much about Italian cuisine but she figured her date would just order something for the two of them. "Mhm. Sounds good," she agreed cheerfully. Stryder had grabbed her hand (he finally did it first!) so the purple-haired girl moved closer so their elbows were touching. To the people passing by, they would probably look like a cute couple. Her cheeks reddened at the thought of that, and even more so when he ended his last sentence with a flirt. It sounded a bit like a lame pickup line, but she was willing to overlook it. "Hmm~? That goes to you too, Stry." Saying that, she bumped the side of her head to his shoulder lightly (he was tall enough and she was short enough to do that).

Alright. That was enough. Flirting endlessly with someone was nice, but for their date to have balance, she needed to learn more about him too. She allowed for a few moments of silence to pass before asking a question. "Say, how long did it take for you to reach that level?"

• 5 weeks later...

So far, it was fun. They were messing around, nothing being serious, though suddenly here they were, out on some date at an Itallian resteraunt. He was a little nervous, this having been his first date.... Well in years. Since he had been trapped in this amazing new life of a game. She moved herself closer, so that her elbow was touching his. Her face was red, she was blushing a little, she seemed to be enjoying herself. Her head was resting on his shoulder as they walked, a little. More so a bump then a rest. Then, something happened he wouldn't really be expecting. After a few moments, she seemed to take something seriously!

"Hmm, thats a good question. It took me around two years. For a good part of the start, i had been to scared to leave the town of beginnings, and quite often i have slacked in my training and grinding. Though, honestly i'm better for all the rests i took" He said, giving a warm smile to her. They were nearing an resteraunt that had amazing pizza smells coming from it. It was a weird choice, but it was a nostalgic one.

"I think that applies to most people," Arabelle commented, referring to what he said about being too scared to leave the Town of Beginnings. Most, not everyone, because there was a certain...person she knew who just charged ahead despite his fear. Really, while his weird interests and his girly haircut and the way he flustered too easily made him seem unreliable, he was actually one of the strongest persons she knew. Not that she was going to admit that. They hadn't talked in years. "I got myself a level boost from fighting a bunch of mobs at the start of the game...when things were still innocent and kind of fun. I had two teammates back then and one just didn't want to stop fighting." Recalling that, and the person she had considered her first friend in the game, brought a bittersweet smile to her face. "And I did a few quests after that thing with Kayaba, but when my quest companion left me I kind of just drifted for a year or so. Then I felt guilty for not doing anything so I got a profession and things just kind of flowed from there."

"Hey, if you compare my history to yours, I think there was one point where I was at a higher level than you!" Arabelle realized with a laugh. "If only I kept doing quests after that. We would've met earlier and gone on more dates! And maybe our meeting wouldn't have been something as lame as you saving me from some low-level mobs." She closed one eye and smirked. "Do you get me, sugar? I don't know how you feel about it, but I'm saying it anyway. Don't feel bad about being scared or about not making the decision to level up earlier. You're here now, aren't you?"

They neared the restaurant and the scent of pizza reached her nose. "Oooooh, pizza!" she exclaimed with stars in her eyes. Honestly, she'd thought he would take her out for some pasta and spaghetti...those were Italian, right? Arabelle had no idea. "Mhmm! I haven't tasted the food yet, but I'm sure I'll like this place," she said to Stryder, smiling brightly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hah, she wasn't wrong. Most people were to scared at the start to leave the town of beginnings. It wasn't that it was a prison, or anything, but its where they were safe. It became a prison for many. He listened to her story, she sounded a little like him. She had moved quite a bit up in the world since then. She also wasn't wrong about being stronger than him for some time. He couldn't help but let out a small laugh at her about that. 

"Hah, but then i wouldn't have been able to save such a cute girl, and be her hero" He said to her, grinning with a little cheeky smile. "Everyone levels up at different rates. Some people don't socialize, eat, sleep, or do anyhting, and just live in the wild, others socialize and slow down a little" He said to her, shrugging a little at his own comment.  "I... honestly don't feel to bad blossom, only thing i regret is not being on the front sooner. Someone i met, a guy named Atzo... I'l never forget what he told me...." He said, his head looking up a little as he spoke about his past, remembering Atzo... He wanted to find him, sometime... he would.

"This game is an opportunity to be someone you aren't in the real world... He gave me a task. If i had levelled up earlier, i would be able to keep that promise a little easier... But i'l manage, i keep promises" He says to her, quickly shutting up after realizing he was drifting away from the date. He blushed a little, rubbing his head. "Sorry about that Belle, lets eat! He said, a bright, warm smile shinning towards her. "Sure hope you will. I hope that our first date is a good one, i mean, gotta make a good impression on a cutsie like yourself" 

• 3 weeks later...

"Hehe! Makes sense," Arabelle responded to his flirt with a smile of her own. Then he brought up a weird-sounding name. Atzo...? Unfamiliar guy. Most probably not a frontliner. She at least knew the names of all the current frontliners. "Huh. I had someone like that, too. Though I didn't take his advice until maybe a year after. Ahahahaha. Don't tell him that. He'll totally get mad. So, where is he now? The Atzo guy you mentioned, I mean."

They stopped in front of the shop's glass door and were still talking. This game is an opportunity to be someone you aren't in the real world. Arabelle nodded seriously in agreement. As someone who spent most of her time on the Internet back in the real world, she could say that there was a huge difference between her online persona and her real-life persona. But now that they were in a Virtual Reality and lived and experienced every day as if it were also a real world, which one was she now? Maybe a mix of both. "It's fine, sugar. To be honest, I really like hearing you talk," Arabelle reassured. "Let's go. If we stay out here talking all day, it wouldn't turn into an actual date."

As she turned and let Stryder push the shop door open for her, she thought she saw her real appearance reflected back at her. A girl with a dull appearance who never smiled. Arabelle rubbed her eyes, and it disappeared.

• 2 months later...

She didn't take the guys advice for a year? Poor friend she had... He was probably doing his best to help her. He simply gave a small chuckle to her,  then looked up at the sky in front of the shop. He didn't know where he was. The guy had vanished after.... Well, after....

"I don't know where he went. Though last time i saw him, i think i nearly killed someone.... Though he was threatening everyone" He said to Belle, keeping a few of the actual aspects out of the truth.  He didn't really need to go into that whole situation. It was messed up, and not something he needed to go on.Then she said she liked hearing him talk, calling him suger, and then they headed in side. He opened the door and let her through, smiling as she walked by. 

He talked to the waiter, an dgot them a two seated table by a window. Once they got over there, he pulled out the chair for the girl, sitting down after she was comfy. "What about your friend? Where is he at these days?"

"You'd be the only one! I honestly feel like i bore everyone, especially cuties like you" He says with a nervous chuckle.

• 1 month later...

Nearly killed someone. Then the guy he was inspired by threatened everyone(?) and went poof. Okay. Lovely. Somehow, she couldn't picture someone as nice as Stryder going through that, but then again, that applied to most people. They hide their problems behind smiles and you'd just be surprised by what you find when you get past the surface. Anyway! This was not a conversation to be had in the middle of a date, though Arabelle did ask for it. She was certain she wouldn't pry any further at this moment. That was just one dumb way to kill the mood.

"Mine?" Arabelle followed her date to a table by the window. He pulled out a chair for her, like the charming gentleman he was♡ and seated himself across her. "Hmm..." The small purple-haired girl swung her legs and stalled. She reached for the menu at the center of the table and aimlessly flipped through the pages. They had a surprisingly wide and equally intimidating selection of dishes. What was this stuff? She didn't even know what half of these names meant! "Oooh, they have the best-selling ones at the front!" The excitement was evident in her tone as she lowered her menu and indicated the section with a gloved finger. "How about the one for two. You know~ the one labeled the 'Couple's Special.' I mean, unless you have any better ideas?"

But, it was rude to leave him hanging. Really. Really. Rude. If he answered her first question, she should answer his, too.

"About that guy, I haven't seen him in two years." Arabelle propped her elbows on the table and held her usual smile. "But, he's probably still alive! ...I think. He's not the type to fight in a losing battle." 

For a girl who was talking about an ex(-friend?), she was surprisingly nonchalant.

"But anyway..." Arabelle pushed the menu back to the center of the table, like she was physically pushing the issue away from her. The small purple-haired girl thought for a moment. "Let's focus on the present. What do you do aside from leveling?"

• 2 months later...

She was flipping through the menu like a hungry mad women, of course. Not that bad, but she was definitely trying to find something. He looked at the menu himself, scanning through it. So many different choices! It was kind of intense, but... Whatever, they would find something nice. Maybe bringing up almost killing someone was a bad idea.... But she still seeemed to be enjoying herself. She looked at the front page, they had some best sellers huh? She was obviously excited as her tone increased in intensity as she read through them, finding a... One for two? That was when it clicked. Well. He was actually on a date with this girl. Huh, cool. 

"Hmm, that sounds like it would be enjoyable, why not try it out!" He says to her with a grin. She wanted to try to outdo him? He would fluster her right back. Thats what they had been doing all day, just flustering each other. Then she answered his question, saying she hadn't seen him in two years. That was rough! Maybe... He might try to help her find him one day. She seemed very non caring about this guy to.... Weird.

She asked what he did other then level. 

"Other than helping and saving pretty damsels all over Aincrad? I basically just run a guild. We have been gathering members to eventually hit the frontlines, though currently i'm the only one anywhere near it. And even then i'm still off it!" He says with a wide smile. He loves his guild. He always would. 

Arabelle smiled. She waved an NPC waiter over and recited their order, putting in an extra dessert for hers. Force of habit; she would just pay for it herself later. Once the waiter left, she turned back to her date and smiled - in a way that almost seemed concerned by Arabelle standards? "That's... almost literally the same as leveling," the small purple-haired girl pointed out with a laugh. She found herself leaning forward on the table, lacing her fingers together as she thought of what to say next. "I spend most of my free time playing the piano in my shop. Ah, but before I had it, I would play wherever there was one in public. It's kind of fun and people would always come by to watch."

That was only one, but she didn't want to spend the whole date rambling. Arabelle swung her legs under the table and tilted her head to the side. Like she was waiting for a similar response. 

The entire SAO situation had its effects on everyone. Some turned into players with one-track minds: nothing in their heads but the prospect of getting out of the game, how they would go about it, and maybe what they left behind. Understandable. But wasn't that just rather sad?

"By the way, what is this about a guild?"

Well, his answer obviously wasn't what she wanted! She threw it in his face, politely, as a bit of a joke. She laughed, so that was kind of a draw on his own mind. She played Piano... Huh, he would never have expected that from the scythe wielding maiden. It was an interesting thing to learn. He started thinking himself, what did he do? All he ever did was really level, and protect others.. Oh!

"Nothing as grand as playing a piano, but i have been teaching myself to cook. Its going well! Guess that's what i do when i'm not out fighting" He says to her, smiling as he watched the waiter walk away. She was leaning forward. Cute, she was. She obviously was cheerful! That was good. She hadn't let the weight of this game bring her all the way down yet. He wouldn't let it happen to him either. 

"I run a guild called 'Guardians of the New Dawn'. Our main goal is keeping people safe and providing a safe haven for lower leveled players to call home. Alongside that, we are striving to be able to send a full party to the frontlines to help save others.... Personally. I don't want to leave this beautiful new world we have as a home. But i know others do... And i'm going to get them out of here." He says with a warm smile to her.

"Sounds fun," she commented. Idly, she played with the napkin on her side of the table. Stryder knowing how to cook.... it painted a pretty picture in her mind and somehow, it felt natural. "So what do you do best? Like, your favorite recipe?" 

This conversation was taking a bit of a boring turn. Luckily though, Stryder brought up his guild and the small purple-haired girl almost laughed. Cheesy name, but then again, what else would you name a game guild? And he sounded like a Youtuber doing a plug! "Guardians of the..." she didn't bother saying the rest. "Why that name? And you're aiming to be a frontline guild? That's nice! You have lots of competition, though~."

She had a few experiences with front-line guilds.

"Yeah. I kinda don't want to leave here either," Arabelle swung her legs rather childishly under the table. "Dunno. It's just kinda fun. It's, like, every day's an adventure~."

Favorite recipe? That was a tricky one. He only really enjoyed cooking for others... Though he did it for himself. What was his best memory cooking? It would have had to be... Him making a spag. That was a nice one. But it wasn't his favorite recipe. Maybe.. 

"Its kind of lame, and probably not what your expecting, but i enjoy making a spin on basic pasta dishes. Its easy to make, but honestly i enjoy it because normally those i eat it with smile!" He says to her with a grin, though it was very cheesy. "What songs do you enjoy playing?"

She had laughed when he spoke about the guild, he was a little curious about it. The name was kinda bad, he had to admit it... The name. Why.

"Me and Eatos started the guild, she's basically my best friend in this world right now. We were part of one called 'The Emerald Harbingers'. Though it broke up when... events happened, so i started planning my own. Me and Eatos met on a hill one morning, at the peak of morning right when the sun was  rising to talk about the future. Then was where we decided to make our own guild to save others. And as the dawn rose, we kind of just used it for a name" He said, smiling remembering the time he had done that (Cries in OOC knowledge) "Not necessarily a frontline guild. If i was to classify it, more of a haven. Its just a home for anyone who needs one. The frontliner part... Is more for safety. If we have members who can participate in the raids, it gives everyone else who is actually in our guild some hope to being safe" He says after finishing his rant. "Sorry about that!"

So, she was like him then? Wanting to stay here. Another one... He was finding more and more like him.

"Heh, whats the highest floor you've been to so far?"

Another one of those answers, complete with a smile. If Arabelle didn't know any better, she would have thought this guy was anything but a guild leader and one of the stronger players of SAO. She kind of liked that part of him that smiled brightly with a genuine care for his friends despite all the things he went through. It made her want to squeeze his cheeks and call him an innocent cinnamon roll and vow to protect him forever.

"I like playing the classics," she said after a moment of thought. "You know, the songs that come to mind when you mention the piano? Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Debussy... Not only is it what makes people impressed when you play it, but they sound really good, too! Ah, but piano covers of pop songs are also fun. It's just too bad we can't buy any of those in here..."

An NPC waiter arrived and set their food on the table. Though she had only chosen a random meal for two, Arabelle thought she'd cashed (or rather, Stryder had) in on the full Italian experience! There was a pizza topped with basil, mozzarella, and tomato sauce, a lasagna, some accompanying drinks, and gelato. All good for two.

The small purple-haired girl clapped her hands together.

"Itadakimasu!"

Arabelle took some lasagna and a slice of pizza for herself (using only her fork and knife like a proper lady would) and she sampled her drink. "No need to apologize. I like hearing you talk, sugar," she spoke smoothly. As they ate, she considered his words. A home? It wasn't every day she heard someone describe their guild like that. It was usually just flexing. Like: 'We have the strongest players you can rely on for help!' 'We're a dedicated frontline guild!' 'We occupy a niche and therefore our cause is one of the most important!' Not that there was anything wrong with guilds who actively take part in the clearing effort.

But how to put it? They were all quite rigid and boring.

"What? Does exploring the safe zone on the higher floors count?" She tilted her head to the side playfully and gave a small laugh. "Floor 3. I went on the armor quest for beginners with a friend. How about you, sugar? I'm guessing you've been to the highest."

The classics huh. Those came to mind, but... He thought of more modern music. Just his own choice, he hadn't liked how those were the only songs considered 'good' for a piano to play, they were always the ones at competitions. Oh, play this Chopin song, oh, play this Mozart song. It got kind of boring. Though, he respected it. It still took skill to play those well! It was kind of bad that none of them were really around here to...

"Well, at least we can hear you play it! I would love to hear your playing sometime" He said to her kindly, then there beautiful food had arrived! It was the full deal, basil, mozzarella, tomato sauce, gelato, drinks, all beautiful. And enough for two. It looked beautiful. She was using a knife and fork properly. Wow, bit uptight wasn't it? He didn't do much, or say anything. Instead just following suit, using his own to be polite. Of course, he said "Thanks for the food!" First.

"Well, it does count haha! Floor three, thats a beautiful looking floor. I haven't been to the highest one yet, i'm not strong enough. I'm close, but not there yet. No, but i have been to the twenty second. It really is a beautiful place"

"Well..." That was always the first reaction. But she wasn't bothered the least bit. Arabelle liked playing for people; she wouldn't consider herself a pianist if she didn't. After all, what else was the point of learning how to play? The small purple-haired girl smiled brightly and clapped her hands together. "Of course! We can make arrangements for that. Who's your favorite composer? Bach? Chopin? Beethoven?"

She wasn't really particular to any one of them.

"If safe zones count, I've been to every floor so far. I try to visit the highest floor as soon as they open to non-frontliners. Floor 22 is nice, but..." Arabelle put her fork and knife down and allowed her ashen gaze to wander past Stryder and around the Italian place they were dining in as she thought. "I get the feeling every player's gonna have their houses built there. I mean seriously, it almost looks like that floor was built for that one purpose! Like an isekai protagonist's stereotypical home base!" 

What.

"Out of all the floors though, Floor 16 is my favorite." Her legs swung underneath the table in an excited, rather childish manner. "I've always wanted a beachside house."

They fell into silence as they continued with their meal. Arabelle neatly sliced her part of the pizza.

"So, is your... guild recruiting?"

She was very eager it seemed. He went in for more food while he listened to her soft voice talk, she was very cute~. He wondered, what would happen with this? So far all day they had just been playing around and messing with each other. It had been nice, and now they were on an actual date, so its kind of interesting to wonder what would happen from here. She would play for him! That would be amazing.

"Honestly i'm not picky. In my personal experience, the best music is played when the one playing it is having fun. Something they can bring out emotion in, and take the listener on a journey, so whenever we get a chance, i'd love it if the cute rookie could choose what she enjoys best" He replies, staring into her eyes for a moment before eating a little more. Every floor huh, that was an interesting thing. He hadn't actually been to all of them yet, though he was preoccupied here a lot of the time. What did he normally do... Just sit around helping low levelled players with there first quests. That had seemed to be his hobby. 

"Yeah, it was definitely something not unique. Though something about it... Its just a really peaceful floor. Its beautiful. I might build myself a home there and a guild hall nearby it, if anything just for how gorgeous the lakes are" His eyes looking at the sky for a moment before back down to her. She asked if they were recruiting? 

"Always! I'm always looking to expand the group, why, got some interest in following me around like a cute kitty?"

"I'm not a rookie," the small purple-haired girl huffed. She leaned back and turned her head to the side with a small pout at the assumption, but as soon as she realized the opportunity to flaunt her skills, she brightened and turned back to Stryder with a prideful smile. "You're looking at someone who's won a few international competitions back in the day!" - She thought she sounded like an old man, but whatever, it's been forever since she last competed. - "Oh, and add in a few news interviews that you might have seen. Yes, are you in awe now?"

Let that soak in. Arabelle innocently sipped from her drink. She wasn't saying her real name out loud though. Privacy issues. And she was basically unrecognizable in her real appearance, so he probably wouldn't believe her anyway. The next time she spoke was as a comment to how he spoke earlier, "Mm? You kind of make it sound like you've studied music before."

And when she had stated it directly, he finally took the hint. 

"Well..." Arabelle tilted her head to the side and smiled. "I like interesting things, so why not?"

She reacted to rookie. Cool, he could get under her skin. Showed he was winning a little when she huffed and puffed like the big bad wolves of old. She won contests? He was pretty impressed, and interviews. Maybe... Well, he had traveled aroudn the world.... And been to a few concerts, theres chances he had actually seen her in real life...

"Yeah, i did for awhile. But i hurt my hands a few to many times. While i could still play and do everything, i couldn't last long enough to complete a lot of songs in succession, so i ended up giving it up" He answers with a smile. Then, she said she liked things interesting... Seemed she did want in.

He looked her up and down (NOT IN THAT WAY U CREEPS!), assessing her. (No...) She would fit in well... She carried herself pretty averagely in a fight, however, so did everyone when they first started. He had rescued her, she was low level, and of course she seemed to geniunely be a good person. Besides, she might make the guild a little more fun. He thought about it for a few minutes, before opening his menu and finding his guild, and of course, throwing an invite her way. He reached across the table, offering a hand to her. She was welcome in! Once she accepted it, he dropped all his boasting, and his bragging. He just acted like a normal guy, he was a little... Himself, smilign and laughing as they ate dinner. "Welcome to the New Dawn!"

----

Stryder - 2 SP, 900 Col (mats to Bells)

Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: On a natural BD roll of 9-10, deals 10 unmitigatable DMG for 4 turns. Lasts one thread.
Description: A vial of toxic venom retrieved from the drippings of a <<Venom Snapper>>'s teeth. Takes a post action to apply to a weapon. 

- BELLE

3 SP, 900 Col, 8 T1 Mats.