[F7/PP] Howl of the Sabertooth <<Feeding the Enemy>>(Completed)

Reinholt grumbles, sitting in his shop alone. So far, many of the high level players he had met or knew had familiars of one sort or another and after talking with Hestia about It, it was time he went out in search of one. He thought about it for a moment and beings up his interface. Scrolling through to his messages he selects two of his friends and starts typing out a message.

Spoiler

To: Pinball, Hestia
Subject: Familiar

Hey friends. Times long past me needing a familiar. Was thinking about heading out and finding one and was wondering if either, or both of you want to come with?

He sends the message  and decides to get some crafting in before they either showed up or messaged him back. He heads up to his forge and begins his crafting. At this point He was just doing it for the EXP, to try and rank up. He gets lost in his crafting, his mind drifting as he hammers. He could hear the howls of the Sabertooth wolves from his shop, which made him that much more excited.

Edited by Reinholt

I make my way through the main settlement just humming a song to myself the entire time while having my familiar staying within the shop. The lion having taken the day off and just sleeping by the warm fire within the shop to have a cozy place to sleep. Myself having taken the day to go out and check up on how the main settlement was keeping up as i spend the time reminiscing. I smile a bit as i gaze around the snow filled town remembering stepping foot onto the floor and getting handed the nice warm coat of what is easily now a rather close friend. How he helped me find my best companion Kuro, and has helped me through multiple trials to get me through the game. Stay stronger Itzal. I say softly towards the sky knowing he can't hear me, but also knowing the simple fact that ones wish can help a person to safety and be protected if they are in danger of something or the other. Feeling slightly uneasy from the threat of Domarus saying the Celestials are in danger of dying out real quick as i shake my head. 'No way. It isn't possible they are still strong even without Hik being the damage paladin now.' I think to myself with conviction as i continue moving through the town.

I hear a soft ding of a notification as i gaze and see a message from a friend as i smile and opens up Rein's message as i read the details and nods my head as i send the message out as quick as i can. Once the message is sent i make my way towards the teleport gate and then step upon it and says the simple command phrase. Teleport, Floor seven. With that i am teleported at the main settlement as i then guess my way towards Rein's shop most likely arriving very last from not knowing the location, and only finding it through asking various people about a shop named after a sabertooth or beast upon this floor that was recently opened up.

@Pinball

"Aha! Yes! Finally!" Pinball, with a gloved hand, reached into his kitchen's oven, pulling out the tray of baked goods. He closed the oven with his foot as he twirled around, making his way through his shop to stop at his counter. Zomekko, his ghost cat, sat at the counter, watching the boy approach with white, empty, yet somehow curious eyes. He sets the tray down on the counter-top, pulling off his oven mitt with a satisfied sigh. "Zomekko!~" He laughed, rubbing his hands across the cat's misty form, "I made cookies." Zomekko didn't respond. He watched as the cat padded across the counter, noiselessly sniffing at the Chef's treats. "I'd give you one," Pinball said, slumping across the counter. "But you don't eat. Or talk. Or make noise. At all." Seconds passed, and the only thing Zomekko did was stare. Until she opened her mouth in a soundless yawn, her small white tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth. Pinball sighed, sprawled across the counter, and bit into a cookie. "God, I'm lonely.Ping! Pinball sat up. A message?

It didn't take him long at all to meet up with Reinholt. He ran up to the door, and slammed into it, knocking the door in on itself. The momentum of the break-in sent him to the ground, but he quickly shot up again with a large grin. "Reinholt!" The boy scurried across the shop, leaving the door open, vaulted over the man's counter, and leapt up the stairs to Reinholt's forging area. "Reinholt!" Pinball laughed, then set out to messing with the man's various tools and rejected weaponry. 

Reinholt was hammering away at hia forge, lost in own little world. He was mainly just trying to rank up so he could start trying to make armor too. He had -much- to learn before his skill came any where close to Macradon's and the obly way to do that was by practicing. He didnt hear Pin enter his shop and didn't even know he was there until the boy was in his forge messing with things. The distracrion caused Reinholt to screw his current attempt up and with a sigh he tosses it away. "Hey Pin. Glad you made it. Hope i didnt interupt anything." He says as he sets his hammer down and runs a hand through his hair. He wore his normal crafting clothes, tanktop, apron, black pants. Very basic. Leaning on a small work space in the forge Reinholt smiles. "Hest on her way. She should be here any time now." he pauses and snaps his fingers. "Hope she can find the place. I forgot to tell her where it was." he makes a face and rubs the back of his neck.

Edited by Reinholt

I smile rather happily as the NPCs finally give me some directions after having spent twenty minutes just trying to find one to give me the time of day let alone knew where the location was. Once knowing that i head towards the location wearing just casual vanity clothing knowing that prepping for a battle for this adventure  wouldn't be necessary right out of the gate, so i will just go as a friend greeting another in terms of my gear. I let my feet carry me just following the directions i heard as i gaze around at the wonderful town of Nimbus looking at all of the building and architecture and how it all comes together. Once i arrive at the shop i simply open up the door and stands within the main waiting area. Hey REIN! I'm here! I call out loudly wondering where the older player is as i gaze around his shop in some idle curiosity just sticking to the main lobby to not be rude by invading his personal space. I keep my hands within the pocket of my hoodie to keep them occupied seemingly as i admire the decor of the shop.

He glanced about the forge, spotting a few bits of armor and a sword put up in his immediate vicinity. Pinball swung around one of Reinholt's pieces of weaponry, testing out the weight of the thing. It was a two-handed weapon, but it was a sword, and Pinball couldn't help but give the man a sly glance. "Crafting for yourself, huh? That's no good for a shop owner. You won't get off the ground if you're only doing it for yourself." He shook his head. "Tsk tsk, Reinholt. What is daddy to do. With a naughty girl-" he through the weapon across the room as Hestia entered. "Like you! Oh! Hestia!" Pinball took a few steps back, getting a running start, and leapt off the platform... missing Hestia entirely. Pinball hit the hard floor with a smack, his belly flop sending an echo through the forge. "Hey," he coughed, pushing himself off the ground as he clutched his chest, "Hestia."

Reinholt shakes his head at Pinball. "Havent had ant customers yet, so im gonna make stuff for myself till then.." Pinball grabs <<Glorious>> From where it was displayed with his armor and hefts it up. The sword was huge compared to the boy Reinholt pushes off the wall and holds out his hand. "Hey, becarefu.." he starts but the Hestia enters, startling Pinball and causing his sword to clatter to,.the ground. Reinholt sighs and walks to recover his blade as Pinball takes a flying leap off the forging platform toward Hestia. He picks up his sword and walks to the edge of the platform. The sight before him was comical, Hestia standing over a wheezing Pinball, who had just belly flopped into the floor below. "Hey Hest, welcome to my humble abode. Feel free to make yourself at home..and thanks for coming. Sorry i forgot to give you directions. He smirks at Pinball, who was still in the floor. "Thats what you get for being crazy."

I gaze around the setup of the shop as i then hear my name as i gaze towards the top where i can spot the forge as i then see Pinball jump, and then subsequently fall along the ground. I just gaze towards the player with a raised eyebrow and a amused look as i look towards the spear user I am sorry? Was that meant to be you tackling me and failing spectacularly, or one of those cool guy tooootally calculated moments. I ask Pinball in a joking manner with a grin on my face wanting to tease the kid for his somewhat eccentric mannerisms at points as i then turn towards the player who called me and smiles happily up at the former cop. What is up Rein. I say with a wave and a smile as i just give a dismissive hand wave. Ain't nothing to it Rein coming here was a sinch since the NPCs and players were kind enough to give me some directions. Though if i did arrive earlier i might've been able to help you curb some of Pinball's eccentricities. I say with a chuckle and a smile upon my face.

Pinball finally managed to pull himself from the ground. He didn't have his spear equipped, luckily, and Pinball felt all the lighter because of it. His spear weighed a surprisingly hefty amount, and the lanky boy found himself lately to be getting tired of it. "Cool guy," he said as he straightened himself, wiping his clothes down. He stuck out his tongue and threw up the "rock and roll" sign. Pinball looked back up to the platform where Reinholt did, then back over to the sword he had hurled across the room. "I hope that wasn't an important thing," he laughed, "because it's probably chipped to all hell by now." Pinball took a step backwards, grasping his chest. "Hestia! Curb my eccentricities?" Pinball feigned shock. "What do you mean, kid? I'm not an eccentric." He strut forward like a super model on the runway, striking a pose. "Not in the slightest." Pinball yawned, suddenly, losing all confidence and humor. "I'll wait outside for you two," he said, walking outside. 

Reinholt merely shakes his head at Pinball. There wasnt much else he could do. Replacing his sword where it was on display he turns to Hestia "Excuse me a moment Hestia." He says as he walks down the stairs from his forging area and into his small living quarters. After a moment he comes back out wearing normalish clothing and not his armor and sword. "Well lets get this show on the road. Night is coming pretty quickly." He smiles at Hestia as he walks to the front door and pats Pinball on the shoulder. "I dont mind his eccentricities. That's part of the reason I like him." Chuckling he stands near the door waiting fkr his friends to leave the shop so he can close up. He could feel the excitment Building but was glad he got those items to make his search easier, though he did wish he was able to get his eyepatch made to give him even more of a boost. Once everyone had cleared out of his shop he locks the door and then leads the way through Nimbus toward thr exit of the safezone.

Spoiler

Reinholts clothing

tmp_9156-sketch-1525318952705_152531905590673004961.thumb.jpg.448345bbfb994cacaee271d1c7d179e6.jpg

Edited by Reinholt

I just watch Pinball while chuckling to myself and then outright just laughing as he strikes his little mode style pose and shakes my head in amusement as he leaves the shop just smiling to myself. Seriously Pinball has to be one of the more out there but hilarious people i have meet because of this game. i say in amusement to myself as i gaze towards the blacksmith seeing Rein tiding his place up because of Pinball's antics most likely messing some things up within the shop, but only sees him exiting with some normal looking close as i just nod my head and follows him out of his shop. Once we meet back up with Pin i nod my head in agreement. yeah his eccentricities are what makes him slightly more likeable then the average Joe Smoe. I say keeping up the joking sort of tone as i gaze towards the spear wielder. Once we exit the shop and Rein gets it all locked up i gaze towards the player with a grin. So besides my performer magic what else are you planning to use to help you out with finding that saber tooth? I ask the great knight curiously.

Pinball looked up and down the road, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Doo-doo-doo," he hummed, taking a few steps away from the door. Soon after, Reinholt and Hestia exited the building as well. He watched silently as Reinholt locked up the shop, then immediately asked, "So, where to?" When Hestia asked Reinholt what he'd be using to help find his familiar beside her "performer magic", something in his mind clicked in place. "Oh, that's why you ordered that donut," Pinball realized, snapping his fingers. "Well, here. I don't know if you have equipment to help you out." Pinball flicked open his menu, sending a trade request to Reinholt. "You're borrowing this," he said firmly, "and you better not rip it or mess it up. This is somethin' special to me." He sent the Cloak of the Harbingers to Reinholt. 
It was a plain, relatively clean, black cloak, free of any holes, though the bottom of the item had started to rip and tear, giving it an almost Grim Reaper kind of look. On the chest, there was a small symbol sewn in, one undoubtedly new to Reinholt and maybe even Hestia: the sigil of the Emerald Harbingers. 

Sent to Reinholt: [Clothing] Cloak of the Harbingers: +3 LD 

Reinholt snaps his fingers, as if he had forgotten about the items he had gathered for this purpose. Quickly he opens his menu and goes his inventory, materializing both the Crystal Hestia made and the donut Pinball made. "I almost forgot." He says just as they exit the safe zone. He quickly scarfs the donut down and activates the crystal. Pinball then gives him a cloak and he takes it, swirling it around and putting it on as well. "Thanks Pin, I'll take care of it for sure." He grins and looks about the landscape. If everything went well he would going home with a familiar. The thought excited him as he led the party across the 7th floor. Many players had familiars, each with their unique stats and benefits. He was nearly giddy as he moved quickly across the floor, the black cloak Pin gave him flowing out behind him.

(Equipped Cloak of the Harbingers +3 LD, consumed Cop's Deluxe Donut +3 LD, activated The Animal inside(Familiar call) +2 LD for familiar taming.)

I chuckle a bit seeing Rein seemingly forget as i give the tall guy a pat on the back to console him for his troubles knowing that if he forgot to use such important items it would be a rather huge pain to have wasted some time on it. Having been on such a trip and knowing the pains quite well of what happens to those not adequately prepared for a familiar finding job. Once i see Pinball hand the cloak over i immediately notice the sigil having found it the most strange thing about the outfit as i gaze towards Pin with a curious look. So then Pinball what is the meaning of the symbol on that cloak? I haven't seen anything like that before, so you have me slightly curious if that is something you thought up or if this is a relic from a time before i got involved in getting stronger. I ask the spear user just out of curiosity not wanting to waste a second in trying to find out more about the past that is the entirety of the history of Aincrad.

He pat his sides anxiously as he watched the usually armored, now casually dressed man equip his cloak. It was tattered towards the bottom, sure, but he still cared for that piece of clothing very deeply. It was his very first piece of equipment, after all, back from when starting gear wasn't enhanced. Pinball shoved his hands in his pockets as the group made their way out of the safezone, trying to soothe his nerves. If it snags on a branch, he thought, worried, the poor old thing might rip clean in half. Pinball shook it off. It had served him once before. What's stopping it from holding out 'til the very end? Still, he couldn't help but worry. When Hestia asked for the meaning of the guild's crest, Pinball shrugged. "I never really got to ask," he admitted, "but it belonged to the Emerald Harbingers, founded by Atzo. It was where I met Stryder. The guild was dying off by the time I joined, but Atzo seemed to be a pretty nice guy. Smart, too, if not a bit... cold.

Reinholt heard friends talking behind him, but wasn't listening. They had traveled some distance from Nimbus  into the higher mountains on the floor. He hears something and he holds his hand up, glancing back at his friends to see if they heard it too. He takes another slow step and the sound becomes clear, a low, angry growl. A grin spreads across Reinholt's face as he takes another step forward and a Sabertooth Wolf stood in the path before him. It bared its teeth at Reinholt, it had heavy 'saber' fangs and a heavy mace like spiked tail swayed behind it. "Whatever happens, leave this to me." He quietly says to his friends, never taking his eyes off the Sabertooth. He quickly materializes some food from his inventory and holds it out. The Sabertooth snarls and rushes forward. It leaps up and tries to attack. The weight of the beast causes Reinholt to stumble backwards. He steps on the end the cloak and starts to fall backward, and over the edge of a cliff. The only thing left was a pile of black cloth, Pinballs cloak that had gotten pulled off.

ID#100704 LD=13+8=21 Enhanced Familiar 'tamed'

Spoiler

sketch-1524808877148.thumb.png.1409f6688a07311b8a7cec46585437d9.png

Edited by Reinholt

Hearing the new name i quickly take out my notebook and write down the name and the guild to try and see if i can find anything about them. Making a note to talk to players who are around on the frontlines figuring they would be privy to guilds that were around back in the past as i then put away my notebook quickly as i nod my head with a grin at hearing a low rumble. I spot the sabertooth in question as i raise my eyebrow at what i see having not seen anything like that ever before in my life, but just shrug my shoulders not seeing a problem with this since it is Aincrad which means anything is possible. However, once i see the sabertooth in question pounce upon Rein i ignore my initial worry and leaves it to Rein knowing that this is his challenge as i make sure Pinball stays with me no matter what. Making sure i can grab him if he tries to help Rein figuring that the sabertooth is doing this to only allow itself to submit if it can find someone who could be superior to it in strength.

In painful silence, the three had, in a relatively short amount scaled a mountain. He trudged along, hanging behind the group, too insanely bored to even begin to try and make any jokes. Other than this being a ridiculously long trip. He was about to express the painful boredom he was feeling, when a low snarling caught his attention. His hand immediately went for his spear, the teenager crouching low to the ground as he took a single step forward, the spear ahead of him, the point lowered to the ground. "HOLY CHRIST IT'S A MOUNTAIN LION," he cried, stumbling backwards. Reinholt seemed to take it with ease, saying to stand back, and to not "interfere". "You're... you're a mad man," he said worriedly, starting to sheathe his spear... until the monster leapt onto Reinholt, and the two went stumbling down the mountain. "Oh, GOD!" Pinball looked to Hestia, horrified. "Come on!!" In one, swift motion, Pinball ran forward, snagged his cloak, flinging it across his shoulders with one arm, and jumped. His hood covering his eyes, Pinball slammed his spear into the mountain side, sliding down at a rapid, yet not necessarily dangerous pace, looking for any sign of Reinholt as he made his descent.

Luckily the fall wasnt a Long fall. With a grunt Reinholt lands and kicks the Sabertooth off of him. Both of them scramble to their feet and start to circle each other, the Sabertooth growled and Reinholt grins. The Sabertooth lunges forward, swinging it's heavy spiked tail at Reinholt, who dances out of the way, and the spiked tail crashes through a boulder. Shards of the boulder pepper Reinholt, but he was other wise unhurt. "C'mon. I just want to be friends." He says through a wolfish grin. The Sabertooth responds with a deep howl and smashes it's spiked tail oj the ground. It charges Reinholt and leaps at him, its jaws agape. Reinholt makes no attempt to dodge, but instead moves forward to meet the attack head on. In a quick move he grabs the animals large 'Saber' fangs, side steps and uses the beasts own momentum to spin and he slams It into the cliff wall. The impact causes the beast to yelp. Reinholt brings the Sabertooth up to eye level and pins it against the wall. "That's enough!" Reinholt snarls at the Sabertooth. He spots Pinball out of the corner of his eye and shakes his head toward the boy. He obviously had the situation under control.

I see Pinball trying to move towards Rein after he was tackled by a Sabertooth as i quickly grab him and keep him where i am where Rein got initially tackled by the sabertooth. Not wishing to interfere the interaction between a future familiar and the one taming it. Knowing that for some familiars it is a trial of strength, bravery, or some other things if what i have heard is to be believed. Pinball don't follow Rein this is his fight, and this is him getting his familiar. If we interfere with this then the Sabertooth will never respect Rein enough to try and follow him. That is what i am guessing is happening. I say towards Pinball in a serious tone of voice as i watch the fight occur with a interested look and a grin on my face. Finding this to be a interesting fight from the fact that it is man versus mob hand to hand without the player using martial arts to do so.