[PP-F21] Going mining <<Trouble in the Mines>>(Hestia)

Quest:

Spoiler

Floor 21
<<Trouble in the Mines>>
Recommended Level: 35
Repeatable for Col Rewards Only | Party Limit: 4
Credit Belongs to: @Ryo

Rewards:

• 2 SP (+1 more for every 10 Drakeling Skins you bring back [Max 2.])
  • 2000 Col (+500 more for every additional Drakeling Skin you bring [Max 4000.] )

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Must defeat 10 "Drakelings"

Summary:

Mining is the life and blood of Tomoika, and should it cease, the town would surely perish. The settlement is now in danger of that happening. The dark mines have become much more treacherous to travel. Rumors of dragons invading the caverns had brought mining down to a halt. You've been hired to enter the mines to confirm these rumors and clear out anything that isn't human. You've been told that for each skin you bring, you'll be paid handsomely.

Outline:

598bffe03feeac4c9cac851462fd2718.jpg

<< Drakeling >>
Statistics:
HP: 350
DMG: 200
MIT: 15
ACC: 2
EVA: 1
Abilities:
<< Breath of Fire >> : Each Drakeling will attack with an AoE dealing 100 unmitigatable damage. After a 4 turn cooldown, the Drakeling will use Breath of Fire again. 
Additional Information:
1. Drakelings always spawn in groups of matching the size of the party (ex. Party of 2 vs. 2 Drakelings)
2. 10 Drakelings must be defeated, however players can continue to battle as many Drakelings as they wish.
3. After defeating a Drakeling, roll CD for each. If the CD result is +8 you gain a Drakeling Skin
4. You cannot roll for loot from the Loot Table after defeating Drakelings.

Zandra was sitting inher mansion up at floor 22. Her elbow on the side on the armchair and rested her head in her open left hand, her right was scrolling thru menu. First she looked thru friend list if anyone there cought her interest. She wasn’t in the right mood thou to meet and talk to anyone today. Except Avilon. But she was away doing some personal business. So Zandra opened the quest list instead. A deep sigh left her when she didn’t found anything interesting there either. ‘’Well, I haven’t tested picking quest at random.’’ She closed her eyes, scrolled up and down a lot of times until she stopped. She opened her eyes again and looked at 4 words. ‘’Trouble in the mines. Havent done that before.’’ She said and rose. She stretched her back and rolled her shoulders. ‘’Zita, time to head out!’’ as Zandra left the house, she equipped her armor and weapon together with her armvrists. It seemed this mobs didn’t had any paralyse or freeze, so she wouldn’t need the sants cloak. A few minutes later she was on the edge of the safe zone on floor 21’s main settlement. ‘’Are you ready Zita? Time for another adventure.’’ She said to the kings-eagle that rested on her heavy armoured shoulder.

Edited by Zandra
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make my way through the main settlement of the twenty first floor at a calm pace wearing my battle gear having heard of the quest being out here causing some trouble for the people even long after the defeat of Tesseleth. Another dragon problem that could get way out of hand unless it is put down. I sigh softly as i pause my thoughts knowing that even if i wish i could stop the problem forever for these people, but that won't be possible since it is a quest thus will persist long after i am gone and defeated the quest. I make my way through the town wearing my combat gear that i have taken up using all the time heavy armor that isn't overly bulky in nature that has depictions of flames all around it, and then lightning striking the area that would look like the ground. With a small detail of having a slightly bulky look around the area over the liver. My shield having jagged metal pointing out of the shield that look like fangs and such. Finally having a sword sheathed in a scabbard. I gaze around the area with my blue colored eyes at everything as i get close to the exit and spots a rather strange sight. A girl with lots of black armor and a bird on her shoulder as i shrug my shoulders and goes up to meet the obvious player, or a very interesting NPC that could be fun to interact with. My familiar a lion with wings as black as the night and fur as white as the snow follows me the lion being the size of a St.Bernard. Once i get close to the player i gently top the person upon the shoulder with a curious look. Hello. Was just curious what you were doing on this floor.

Zandra rested her hands on the back of her head and with a relaxed look she started to move forward. Thou she had only taken one or two steps when she felt a weight on her shoulder. Zita had left her and was circling high above. She hadn’t cried so it probably wasn’t anything dangerous. It was kinda confirmed when she herd a female voice. She glanced at the newly arrived player. At first she thougth it was a total stranger. ‘’Hi there. You curious why Im here? Why are you here may I ask?’’ When she had answered the shieldmaidens question she suddenly recognized the girl. ‘’Oh, oh. Its you. I remember you from the unicorn fight.’’ She looked slightly downwards and mumbled for a few seconds as she tried to rember her name. ‘’Sorry, what was your name? We didn’t interacted very much so didn’t thougth to much about it.’’ She reached forth her hand and smiled behind the mouthguard. ‘’Im Zandra by the way. Nice to meet you again.’’

I smile a bit at seeing the girl answering my question with a question. Meaning that she at least knows to be careful about what info to give when it comes to those who could be trying to do harm, or at the very least could be too curious for ones own good. Well for myself miss. I am here to do some questing, or training whichever becomes more readily available so i can try to continue catching up to people like Calrex, or even my friend Itzal. i say towards the girl with a nod of my head as i then here the girl say she recognized me from the Bialas fight as i look over her and then nods my head as i remember her now also. Ohhh right. You were the girl that managed to do a lot of healing during that fight. Nice job by the way. I say with a grin on my face as i give a nod of my head towards her also. When i see the hand extended i nod my head and happily shakes it with a bright smile. The name is Hestia. It is nice to meet you Zandra, and i hope i get to know you more be it in boss fights or anything else really. I say towards the girl with a nod of my head as my familiar walks up beside me as i happily pet him on the head as he nuzzles slightly against my hand.

Zandra smiled and laid her arm on Hestias shoulders. Zandra had thougth she didn’t wanted anyones company today. But this girl was someone she haven’t socialized with before. And it seemed she didn’t knew about Zandras past. Maybe she could get a good relationship with her before she founds out the darkness in Zandras past. ‘’Hehe. Miss Hestia. You think you will get rid of me that easily? And make me wait until the next boss fight?’’ I started to go forward out from the town. ‘’Well, you seem to be doing a damn fine job with catching up. You seem you can take a hit or two.’’ When Hestia mentioned the healing from the boss fight she raised an eyebrow and looked kinda irritated. ‘’Pfft. That healing was kinda useless. We would easily have survived it without it if we just only allowed tier 3 players. But, that’s not my choice to make.’’ She shrugged, making her oversized shoulerguards clanking.

I feel a hand get placed on my shoulder as i look towards the person known as Zandra who then starts leading out of the town as i just shrug and follows her figuring there is no harm following the woman. She seems nice enough, and if anything i could take a hit or two which will allow me to teleport out if this could end up as a trap or something very much worse if a PK guild is involved. I smile at the player recognizing my progress as i just nod my head. Yeah i've pushed nonstop since the gate when i first started actually trying to improve myself within the game, and i have been keeping steady progress throughout the time, and i am now where i am with friends and people i can fight alongside with. It is rather nice, and i can actually get to meet all of you frontline people. I say with a small nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my neck. I use to be so afraid of even approaching people who were on the frontlines since i feared wasting there time you know? Though i guess i feared for nothing since you all seem pleasant enough to be around which is a rather nice surprise. I say with a nod of my head and a smile as i gaze around the area of where we are walking quickly trying to pick up clues where we could be going. Going through the quests upon this floor to get an idea if it is a quest destination, and if not where i could be getting led towards. While your healing could be seen as useless Zandra you did make sure Hakai managed to live through that. I can figure she was dangerously taking lots of hits like Hidden was for my group. So in all honesty you helped make sure that a T2 player got to live and join the next boss raid when it will come to pass. I say with a nod of my head towards the woman.

Zandra removed her arm from Hestia and made some room between them. It seemed the other girl just followed her, so Zandra kept on forward. As she listened to the tank they turned left in a threeway crossing. The alchemist nodded at her as she was done. ‘’Hestia, I know that it is very tempting to reach the frontlines as quick as possible.’’ She started with a serious tone in her voice. ‘’But never, never, forget to take breaks. Even if we are in a game, we are all humans here. We cant keep pushing for too long. Everyone needs a break now and then. Trust me, I know that from own experience.’’ Zandra had slowed down and looked the other way. ‘’Just remember that okay?’’ she finished off with a low voice with a shade of sadness in it.

The crimson eye shined up a bit when she herd Hestia talking about that she was nervous socializing with the frontliners. ‘’Hehe. You know what. I can bet 10,000col that everyone have felt like that as well. I for example rembered once. A girl that was way higher level then me asked if I wanted to join her. I was like ‘why do you want me? Im noone.’.’’ She let out a sigh. ‘’And look at me now. Was the second highest leveled player  few months ago and is still in top four. Think here may be two that have catched up and passed me.’’

Zandra rolled her eyes as the tank argumented that it was good she did all the helaing in Balas boss fight. ‘’Yeah, it was good so Hakai and Teion is still alive. But seriously, this was boss raid for floor 22. Why do player that isn’t third tier join? Don’t they know its dangerous? They think this is all a game?’’ I looked at Hestia with serious eyes and wanted to know her opinion.

Well i've already reached the frontlines so that is that goal settled, so i am now trying to find things to do for filling up my time. I'm honestly thinking of trying to do a concert for everyone within this game for them to enjoy and take a break. I say with a nod of my head and a smile on my face as i walk alongside yourself as we make our way towards the direction of the destination of where i am being lead to. I then chuckle at hearing you ask for me to take a break as i just shrug my shoulders ever so slightly. You're not the first to tell me that i need to take a break Zandra, and i think you won't be the last in all honesty. I only take breaks once i know i can be strong enough to protect everyone that i can with what i have. For myself that is getting very close, and when that happens i will be slowing down to just spend time with the friends i have made through my questing and such alongside people. I say just speaking truthfully to the frontline person. And yeah in terms of people like Teion, and Hakai joining the fight i think they believe themselves ready, and they have proven that in the fight with Bialas. Now with that having worked more players will be joining that are tier two ready to fight and die for their freedom like we are. I say honestly with a small shrug of my shoulders and a smile upon my face. And honestly i am totally fine with that since that means more people can help us fight, and i do think they are ready even if they are a lower level then us.

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to the girl as she explained that she was actually planning to arrange a concert, a lot of others had also told her to slow down and that she wont slow down until she knows she can protect everyone. She also argued against Zandras opinion about lower leveled player joining the boss raid. Had Hestia understood what Zandra meant at all? Is it worth to explain what she actually mean or shall she just drop it? She decided to just shrug and drop the subject. Didn’t wanted Hestia to remember a grumpy side of her. Instead Zandra followed up with a smile and looked at the supportive tank. ‘’By the way Hestia. Do you know where we are going? Do you know what quest we are going to do?’’ Zandra couldn’t stop from feeling the same feeling she had felt so many times before when commanding and leading dozens of people in other mmo games. But there the other players wouldn’t die if they followed Zandra to their death.

I chuckle a bit nervously at the questioning as i rub the back of my head as i look towards the armored girl that is beside me and gives a shrug of my shoulders. I honestly don't know where i am going since i didn't really have a plan in terms of what we were going to be doing. I don't think we ever discussed what quests we would do together, but if you want one i know there is a quest towards the slight rightish of us if we continued forward. Apparently some little dragons are causing some trouble in that area and they can offer lots of money and experience if we took out alot of them. I say towards you with a nod of my head as i then start heading in that direction since i have nothing better to do, and knowing that taking on the king with just the two of us would be the equivalence of trying to commit suicide against the thing since they would run out of energy before they killed the thing. Which left only one quest left on the floor that i have in my memory that could be a good time to go and try to accomplish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hestia seemed to know the way where they would be heading if they wanted to gi questing. She did figured out there is one with some dragon hatchlings not that far away to their right. Zandra nodded and put on a small smile. ‘’Yeah, that’s correct. I was leading you towards the dragon quest. Since Ive already beaten that king quest that is on this floor. And Im not hundred percent sure if there is any other quest here somewhere. Thou when I saw there was this one, I thought what the heck, lets try it and see how long it will take to fill up the requirements.’’ She shrugged and picked up the slow walking speed to normal walking speed. ‘’Thou what if that wasn’t the case. This is the first time you adventuring with me alone. What if Im actually a green player killer? That wouldn’t be very good would it? Be more careful with who you is following into the wilderness alone. Thou I promise you that I will not make you killed today.’’

'She beat that king already? I guess it might not be as difficult as others make it out to be. From what rumors say it sounds like it is meant to be the quest that people better prepare for or die having tried to accomplish it.' I think to myself as i then keep my focus as i head towards where the mines are located at. I do grin ever so slightly at the pseudo threat, and warning about traveling with others as i just give a wave of my hand as if to dismiss it entirely. When it come to my build Zandra i am entirely confident within myself to perform to the peak of my capabilities, and furthermore i know that nobody can two shot me. I could have plenty of time to use a teleport crystal to get out of a bad situation i would think. I could be entirely wrong of course since i can never predict paralysis, or stuns. I say with a shrug of my shoulders as i look towards the girl as i then look at her with some curiosity a sentence having caught my interest. You won't make me killed today?  Are you implying you've put others into situations where they could've died, or actually killed some people yourself? I ask the girl with some curiosity ready to make some mental notes to write down later to make sure i can try to understand every person in Aincrad. Just wanting to know their history to try and understand how they came to the point where they are now in their lives.

I nodded. So she was confident that she wouldn’t get two shot. After seeing her in the boss fight I didn’t doubted that thou. Well, I didn’t doubted that most tanks wouldn’t be able to be two shot. Actually you would have to deal lots of damage on the other player here on the frontlines. And she also relied on a teleport crystal. ‘’Hestia, you need to be more careful. One, what if I would have bringed you to an area where teleport crystals don’t work. Also, if someone lands a paralyse or stun on you, they can just tie your hands so you cant use that crystal. And some have skills that lands a guaranteed first hit. Two, maybe its hard to two shot you. But if it would be five other ppl in an ambus, for example. Then they would have the chance to ten shot you. And if they aren’t weak as f***, that would be very likely they will do. So next time, this is just my advice, don’t travel with a stranger unless you is 95% sure they wont make you killed.’’ Then it seemed she took my words the wrong and asked if I had made someone dead in the past. My previous relaxed/happy face turned to surprised with a small, faint shadow of fear in the eyes. ‘’That… That is long ago.’’ Was all she got as answer, for now at least. No way I would say more to someone I barealy knew outside of combat. Thou if I lied and got up some excuse she would probably be even more suspicious. That

I nod my head at that in understanding, but also shrugs my shoulders ever so slightly. To do what i do Zandra is that i take such risks a lot against my better judgement really. I have done my best to help countless lower leveled players, and as far as i could've known they could have been just low leveled players working for a PKer guild leading playing who could count as dangers later in a kill trap. Even with that possibility being open i still helped every player i had come across to do my best to help them, and some people i dislike i still helped them to get stronger since i don't want anyone dying. I am willing to risk myself entirely if it means that i can protect people, and if i can help them be able to survive on their own one day within this world. Maybe if i get lucky i can inspire them to help others also and start a chain of kindness. I say in calm tone of voice with a nod of my head as i look towards Zandra. I then just slowly nod my head at hearing the final piece. I don't know anything of your past Zandra that much is true. Though if you are putting actions that you have come to regret, or discarding a past that was once horrible. Then i am glad you have taken up a better path then what you were originally on. I say with a kind smile and a nod of my head as i close my eyes briefly as i say that.

• 3 weeks later...

Zandra looked at the girl beside her with respect and felt happy so couldn’t hide a smile. ‘’Hestia, I have actually done the same. I don’t know how many low leveled players Ive helped during my time in here. Thou lately I haven’t been able to do that because of my situation at the moment. And don’t take me wrong now, it’s great that you want protect many and offer your life.’’ The berserk healer took a pause before continuing to find the right words. ‘’As a strong defensive player as you are, that ability is well needed everywhere. What if you was in a situation where you would lose your life to save someone. Then the frontlines would be one strong player weaker and it could be loss of more then one life.’’ Zandra looked at the tank healer to see her reaction.

‘’I maybe will tell you later about my past. But if I say like this, if I could jump back, I would probably do the same thing again and even what people say, I think I did the right choice. The only thing I wish thou is that people would understand why I did it. Part of it was horrible and I paid a big price for what I choosed. But the price could have been bigger to others if I haven’t.’’ Zandra looked at the roof and knit her fists. ‘’Why cant noone understand that.’’ She finished with a whisper.

I shake my head at Zandra's words as i gaze towards the girl. Look Zandra i know that every time i could be helping someone that i could get myself killed doing so. I accept that risk every time i go to help somebody since i view there life more valuable then my own. My goal is meant to be the defender of as many as my hands are able to reach out to, and i will hold that role to the day that i day by doing so. I don't fear death, Not anymore and i will make sure nothing stops me in my desire to protect the players and friends i will meet and make. The frontlines may suffer if i were to lose my life, but the players i have been able to help grow stronger will take my place by standing by your side in my place. I say towards the berserker healer with a nod of my head. having a determined and confident look burning within my eyes as i hold onto sword and shield as i start glancing around the area. 'How much longer till we get to that village.' I think to myself as i look around the scenery keeping my senses alert and active for any little drakes that could be lurking about, or the town in the distance that the creatures are terrorizing.

Well when you are able to Zandra i would love to know your past. I would want to know what happened to try and understand you better as a person. Just know that i promise to not say anything till i hear the whole story, so i can make sure i don't cast a judgement of my own without knowing every side that i can about whatever happened. i say towards my fellow healer with a nod of my head as i focus back on the path we walk. My sword ready to strike, and my shield ready to block a surprise attack by some mobs. My familiar flying about ready to defend against attacks in my stead.

• 2 weeks later...

It felt to be sure she in the future would have someone that would stand beside her side. After hearing what she said. She smiled behind her mouthguard but kept her eyes forward. ‘’Hestia, after hearing this, it feels good to have you by my side. Well, if what you think about protecting allies includes me, since I see you as an ally, probably we can be friends in the near future. And I will tell you one day Hestia, about the reason other frontliners avoid me. And I wont smooth it out to make my poinion sound like a walk in the park and the others a nightmare. It will be clear facts.’’ She turned her head to Hestia a few seconds to say. ‘’Also, I wont let you die today, I wont allow it.’’ Then she looked forward again. ‘’But seriously, whre is those drakes?’’ Just as she finished her last sentence, she saw movement ahead and a few seconds later two creatures showed up. Drakelings. ‘’Finally!’’ Zandra said and lift her axe to charge them. But before she could more then one or two meters, they let out a squeak and ran away. ‘’Huh? Never seen that before?’’ She said with a surprised tone in her voice.

I smile rather happily at hearing that Zandra has developed a rather nice opinion of myself, and hopefully understand the reason for why i do the things that i do. I gaze forward with a grin as i nod my head in agreement towards Zandra's statement. I view anybody on the frontlines as my allies and will make sure to defend them as long as i am able to do so. Even if i hate the people in question i will still defend them since they are risking there lives fighting for our freedom just like everybody else. If they are a killer, then i will hear the reason for why they did it and then judge them from that point forward. I say with a nod of my head as i glance through the cavern as finally some small creatures get spotted as i quickly glance towards the reptilian like beasts. However, once seeing them runaway i shake my head and quickly follows after them not going to let the only sign of the beasts in question escape. Figuring that if they are running there is about a fifty percent chance they will run straight back towards there nests to try and get some kind of comfort from there own species. I glance back towards my fellow healer and just gives a smile. I hope that i can be your friend in the future Zandra, and i am glad that you are going to give me just the plain and simple facts about whatever happened. That is what i would prefer to try and understand everything. And know that just like you will protect me i am protecting you this day. So lets go kick these little dragons across this cavern before they can turn into another problem like the floor boss was for this floor. I heard he was an absolute annoyance to deal with. I say towards the healer turning my head back for only a moment when addressing her.

I got confirmed that we would be two players that wouldn’t let the other one die today. ‘’Nice.’’ I said, it was short but it said everything that needed to be said. After all, we had another goal at the moment. Even if it wasn’t more important, that mission couldn’t wait, thou our discussion could be later without being harder. Thou in my head I thougth. Then you are way stronger then me. As the tank mentioned she would protect players she hated as well. Since Zandra had stopped but Hestia had kept her speed up, she was now far ahead of the berserk healer. ‘’Hey, I wont let you get all the fun!’’ she shouted and activated her charge skill. In just a few moments she had cought up to her and ran side by side since the skill ended right there. ‘’Hehe, time to get some ingridients to my potions.’’ She said to herself and smirked. She turned her head. ‘’Well, I only use dra…’’ but she got abrupted by a deep sound infront of them. She stopped and laid her hand on Hestias shoulder to stop her too. ‘’Wait.’’ About a hundred meters away the ten meter wide cave made a turn and ended their sight. Zandra gulped as the ground started to shake and the noice got closer. A few seconds later they saw the source of the sound. Draklings. Many of them. ‘’Oh f***, that must be at least two dozens.’’ She said as her eyes went back and forth between her approaching foes.

I continue to run forward sprinting to chase after the drakelings that had gotten away from the duo as i keep myself now just looking forward to avoid running into anything or possibly even more embarrassing tripping over a rock or something of that nature. I chuckle softly hearing lots of footsteps and then seeing yourself right beside me as she then quickly feels a hand on her shoulder as she stops with some difficulty since the momentum of her heavy armor wanted to carry her forward a few more steps. I look forward seeing the multitude of lizards and then just shrugs my shoulders ready for the fight ahead as i take a slow and deep calming breathe. I then open up my menu figuring that maybe some protection might be nice if it is going to be a nonstop fight. I take out a mitigation potion that i had managed to get from Morgenstern awhile back, and along with that a question item as i down the two items as i feel the buff activate as i nod my head over towards you with a smile. You have any prep you need to do before we charge on in there Zandra? I ask you curiously knowing that can be a important little detail since she will be the one doing all of the damage dealing.

Item boost:

+20 MIt-Rare Mit T2

+2 DMG- Uzgeke quest drop