<<Nature's Treasure>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: None
Repeatable: Yes
Credit: Itzal

11121.png

Rewards:

• The Materials Gathered

Summary:

Marking the beginning of each tier (Floors 1, 11, 21, etc.), these levels of Aincrad in particular each seem to have various locations among the floors that are bursting at the seams with crafting materials. They are easier to find than other hunting grounds on comparable floors, with short respawn rates to make them the best locations to hunt for materials.

If the floor is vegetated, players can find a <<Garden>>. If there are a lot of buildings on the floor, players can find a <<Courtyard>>. If the floor is underground, players can find a <<Cavern>>. Many NPCs give away these farming locations, telling players about this amazing opportunity of extra materials, whether it be from plentiful monster drops or from the safer areas outside of town that make for easy, peaceful fishing and gathering.

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.

Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.

Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

Looting Mobs:  Loot required mobs always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Mobs MUST meet or exceed the loot minimum parameter.

Consuming:

+2 LD Food [92919] - Applying Kitchen Bonus to become +3 LD
+3 Prosperity Food [93370]

Looting Stats:

LD: +5 S&D, +3 Seeking Aura [Trinket], +3 Good Luck Chuck [Food]

Fishing:

ID# 100818 results: Craft: 4 - Nothing

- Loot Finding -

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.

Fishing CD Results: [1-4: Nothing] [5-6: 1 Material] [7-8: 2 Materials] [9-10: 3 Materials] [11: 4 Materials] [12 + LD 1-14 - 4 Materials] [12 + LD 15+ - Treasure Chest]

Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

Looting Mobs:  Loot required mobs always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

It took a while for him to find an NPC with the proper information, but at long last, Shield stood before a bare patch of wall down one of the many mining tunnels of floor 21. Still, although the wall seemed unassumingly plain, his Seeking Aura earring was alight like a candle. He reached out and pressed his palm flat onto the wall, but rather than feeling cold stone, his hand passed right through the wall into the nothing behind it. Stepping through the illusory wall altogether, he found himself in a large cavern with a natural vaulted ceiling. Beneath the stalactite-covered ceiling, there were a dozen or so small pools.

"Perfect."

He sat himself cross-legged before one and pulled out his fishing rod, tossing the lure out into the water. At first, there did not seem to be anything biting. Still, he knew that farming the spot alone would be inefficient. Going through the public listings, Shield noticed that nobody seemed to have made a post yet on this particular spot. He opened a new entry and began to document his location.

"New farming spot found-

Anyone interested come to the twenty first floor at the attached coordinates. There is a false wall. Behind it, you will find me fishing. Take whatever precautions you feel you need, but my reputation as a reliable and trustworthy player should speak for itself.

I request that I keep all of the unidentified equipment, but all materials and Col we find are up for grabs.

-Shield" 

@Pinball @Yui - Sword Art Online

Edited by Shield

Liebe Is Typing . . .

"I'll come. I have nothing better to do anyway, it's not like I'm going round fighting bosses am I? I'll meet up with you in 5. Don't leave me waiting."

She finished killing the boars and healed up, recovering mana and getting ready to head up for floor twenty one, she finished and
 headed up for floor twenty one, she watched the coordinates on his post, following them , she looked around, she never knew there was such thing as a 'false wall' in the game. She shook her haid and sighed once again.  "False wall?" she asked, she seemed confused by him saying 'false' wall. Being farely new, she went through the false wall without noticing. She waved to @Shield "Hey, your the guy who posted on the forums right?" She asked, walking up to him. "I'm liebe, you must be shield right?" She asked, putting her hand out for him to shake it.

Edited by Yui - Sword Art Online

ID# 100828 results: Craft: 6 - 1 Material

Totals:

T3 Materials: 1

Shield looked up from his fishing and extended a hand to the newcomer. "That's me. If you have the fishing skill, feel free to join me. If not, you're welcome to poke around and see what materials there are to be found."

Before he could continue from his greeting to a proper introduction, he felt a tug on his line. Releasing Liebe's hand, he grasped the fishing pole's handle with both hands and fought against the resistance. It was not strong, which meant it was a small fish. Only one portion's worth, most likely, but he still reeled it in. He unhooked it and banished it to his inventory before turning back to the newcomer.

"I'm not familiar with you," he said, shifting his position to settle in for another wait as he cast out his line once again. "I don't know whether you know anything about me, but I'm an officer in the Celestial Ascendants, the tank sentinel to be exact. I'm also a well established merchants, so if you need supplies you can always look around my shop."

Edited by Shield

"I'm brand new, I pretty much have nothing right now, I mean, I could get the fishing perk I think. But for now I'm going to poke around and fight some monsters, could get one or two level up's." Liebe shook his hand and walked off, looking for monsters to fight, she found a few wild dog's, she snuk up to one, cutting it's leg's off, then killing it with a blow to the head,  the other two became agro and attempted to attack her, one leaped on her and started scraping her arm away with it's claw's. She dug her sword through it's chest and managed to kill it, she rolled over onto her side, jumping up, killing the last one by cutting off it's head. She looked at her health bar, it was slowly turning red, falling below the 25% mark. Her eye's widened and she fell onto the floor, crying. Scared she was going to die.

Fishing:

Fishing CD Results: [1-4: Nothing] [5-6: 1 Material] [7-8: 2 Materials] [9-10: 3 Materials] [11: 4 Materials] [12 + LD 1-14 - 4 Materials] [12 + LD 15+ - Treasure Chest]

ID# 100830 results: Craft: 9 - 3 Materials

Totals:

T3 Materials: 4

Shield watched out of the corner of his eye, keeping an eye on Liebe's health. Meanwhile, he felt another tug on his pole and pulled in a much healthier, more substantial fish. He dismissed it to his inventory with the other he had caught before checking on the other player. Her health was beginning to deplete. He frowned, navigating through his menus out of his materials storage and to his combat gear. Once his armor and shield were properly in place, he filled his lungs with air and activated his <Howl> skill.

"Hey, flea-bait!" he bellowed out at the wild dogs, "Pick on someone a little more substantial! You might get more than a snack off of me!" The force of his air disturbed the fur of the beasts and blew them back a few inches. Growling and lunging they ran for him, his skill having generated enough Hate to pull them off of the newbie player. Shield stood still, watching them close in on him. One by one, they sank their teeth into him, and one by one, their health bars were instantly drained by the Thorns enhancement on his armor. They burst into shards of white light which melted away.

As the cavern fell to silence, Shield's expression remained hardened, his jaw set and his shoulders tense. He stepped over to Liebe. "That was reckless. A level one player trying to tackle monsters alone? I figured you knew what you were doing, but from the way you were fighting, it doesn't even look like you've put any ranks into your weapon skills. Do you even have armor yet, or a weapon with enhancement?"

He was not derisive in his questioning, but it was evident that he was not happy with the lack of preparation that Liebe had put into this outing. "I'm a tank. It's my job to keep players alive, but I can't do that if you're unprepared for what's to come. Don't go looking for fights. You're not properly statted to handle the mobs on this floor. If you're going to look around, look for raw materials that spawn naturally in the terrain, not for fights that you can't win."

Edited by Shield

"I agree I was being reckless, but I don't know what I'm doing here, I'm literally just a kid that's just legal age to drink, I wouldn't care if I died here, if it means the others can get out, then I'll do it. I'll let myself die for all the others." She looked at him, wiping her eyes in a desperate attempt to hide her tears. "I've been trying to help as many people for as long as I've been here, and I feel like I've done that job, if I die here, I die." She sighed, getting up. She shown him her armour and weapons, which were all vanity   "I don't care anymore,"

Fishing:

Fishing CD Results: [1-4: Nothing] [5-6: 1 Material] [7-8: 2 Materials] [9-10: 3 Materials] [11: 4 Materials] [12 + LD 1-14 - 4 Materials] [12 + LD 15+ - Treasure Chest]

ID# 100831 results: Craft: 9 - 3 Materials

Totals:

T3 Materials: 7

Shield sighed, stepping back to the water's edge and opening up his menus once again. He dismissed his shield and armor, taking out his fishing pole and casting his line out again. "Everyone contributes in their own way," he agreed, his tone still cold, though his jaw considerably less stern than it had been now that the danger was well enough behind them. "But we still have a long way to go before you can start talking about your sacrifice being worth it."

He moved from his inventory to his player stats, turning the window towards LIebe. "I'm level 73. I've participated in the last three floor boss raids where I served as the main tank for my team, and for each of them, I either contributed to finding, clearing, or defeating the field bosses of each floor and labyrinth that led up to said floor bosses. I've carried countless players through dangerous quests and have helped even more by identifying their gear or selling them needed items for their quests and battles."

He dismissed the window, his eyes still ahead, watching as the bobber of his pole moved up and down in the nearly still waters of the underground pool. "I don't say any of that to brag. On the contrary, I tell you because even after all of that, I haven't done nearly enough to earn the right to die. You could have died back there, thanks to your recklessness, but since you didn't, whether you like it or not, you could say you owe me your life. To repay me that debt, you're not allowed to die until you've surpassed where I am right now."

As he spoke, the bobber disappeared beneath the surface of the pool. Shield pulled against the resistance of his pole, the shaft of which was bent under the tension of the fish on the end of the line. Slowly, he pulled it in, letting the fish wear itself out but by bit until he had landed it and dismissed it to the same place as the others.

Edited by Shield

"How do you expect me to surpass where you are now? That's not likely to happen you know. I normally stay in the towns and help people, not go out and kill stuff every day, unlike some people." She sighed, going into her skill menu's, looking through them, she sighed, "I'm going to look for materials then," She'd walk off, going to the side of the water, digging around for materials, she found one material, putting it next to her, she then dug around again, finding another material, she walked over to Shield and dropped the two materials down, "Here, I found these back there, I can go and dig for more if you need me to," She got back up, looking at him in the eyes. "Look, if I die, atleast you'll remember me, atleast someone will remember, thats all I want from this game, to help."

Fishing:

ID# 100842 results: Craft: 3 - Nothing

Totals:

T3 Materials: 7

Shield heard Liebe's words, but his countenance did not register any change. His dark eyes stared forward at the water just as determined as before. "And I'm telling you that's not good enough." He was not angry any more. He was matter of fact. The words carried no bitterness or malice, simply the same stringent urgency as a teacher telling a struggling student that failure is not an option. "Your life isn't your own anymore. None of ours are. There are only so many people who can help, and if you're determined to be one of them who does, then you've got a big weight to shoulder. We've been in here for how many years now? And we're not even a quarter of the way to the top. How long do you think before our bodies start to fail in whatever hospital beds we're all laying in? How long until it's no longer feasible to keep us all alive anymore?"

He pulled his line back in and cast out once more, aiming for a new spot in the pond which would hopefully produce more luck. "Resigning yourself to death when there's still work to be done is tantamount to saying you're content with the possibility that everyone else will die in here. Unless you stay alive to keep helping, you're quitting early."

Edited by Shield

His fingers brushed against the message board, a name immediately catching his eye. Shield. He scratched at his cheek, memorized the location details, and went on his way. He sure is active for a frontliner, Pinball reflected, lots of posts, requesting for help or assistance or what not. Pinball hopped to it, using his spear as a walking stick, occasionally using the weapon to launch himself forward a foot or two. 

It wasn't long before he had ended up in the location the tank had described. Pinball rubbed his hand against a wall that seemingly wasn't there, and stumbled through the illusion. He jabbed at it with the butt of his spear, watching the weapon sink through it, then started to jog again. He slowed to a walk, casting a glance about the area. Shield looked to be fishing, and Pinball winced. Don't fish up a boss, he willed silently, making his way over to Shield. He stopped, noticing the other player in the area. They look like they're having a moment. Pinball scooted to the other edge of the cavern, pulling out his fishing pole as he located a small body of water; not quite as large as the pond Shield was fishing in, but deeper than a puddle. Without wasting a moment, or announcing his arrival, he dropped his hook into the water. 

In an instant, he felt a small tug on his line. Pinball reeled it in, pleased to find that he had only fished up a single fish. I can use these T3 mats, he knew, sticking a hand out and plucking the fish off the hook. He placed it in his inventory, being notified that he had "Gathered 1 Tier-Three Material". 

Fishing: ID# 100877  CD: 6 (Gained 1 T3 Material) 

Lootl: 

• [x1] T3 Material 
Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...

Fishing:

ID# 101214 results: Craft: 8 - 2 T3 Matertials

Totals:

T3 Materials: 10

Shield took a deep breath. He had already begun settling back into the zen state of mind that came with a fishing trip when he saw the familiar face enter the hidden area. He raised a hand to greet Pinball just as his line snagged something. He moved both hands back to the pole, straining against what was clearly a decent sized fish.

He landed the creature which fell apart at his feet into two thick, meaty cuts of fish. He tapped the air in front of them, bringing up their menus and selecting the option to store them away with the other things he had managed to find. Finally, he was able to turn his attention back to Pinball. "Good to see you again. I trust you've been well. How's my order coming in your shop?"

The manner in which he asked was not an urgent one. Merely a matter of curiosity since he had not personally checked in on the matter since placing the order.

Edited by Shield

Pinball rubbed his free hand across his face, using the other to lazily cast the line into the small pool of water in front of him. It was then that Shield seemingly took notice of the boy, and Pinball snapped to attention. "Oh, hey," he replied, stumbling as he felt a jerk on his line. Pinball quickly pulled up... air.

"Sorry. Uhh, your order?" Pinball's nervous hands fidgeted at his sides as he tried to remember. Granted, it wasn't a particularly hard thing to recall, but he felt oddly uneasy around the tank. Maybe because I don't know how he'll react? Pinball didn't think that that was the right reason, but he couldn't be sure. "I've finished, uh, all of your searching stuff. The five slabs of meat, I think it was?" He shook his head dismissively, "The stuff that helps you search. You ordered five of those, and then five mitigation things? I haven't been able to start those. That's part of the reason I'm here, actually." He started to prep himself to recast his line. "How... how have you been?

Fishing: ID# 101241  CD: 1 (Nothing)

Loot Pool: 

• [x1] T3 Material 
Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...

Fishing

Fishing CD Results: [1-4: Nothing] [5-6: 1 Material] [7-8: 2 Materials] [9-10: 3 Materials] [11: 4 Materials] [12 + LD 1-14 - 4 Materials] [12 + LD 15+ - Treasure Chest

ID# 101488 results: Craft: 4 - Nothing

Totals:

T3 Materials: 10

Shield shrugged. "I've been fine," he said with a slight noncommittal tilt of his head. "Business is slow, so I need to keep searching for loot, so here I am." He turned his head back to the pool and cast out his line again. "Don't worry too much about the order. I'll hit up your shop later to check on it, but I understand that delays happen." He watched his bobber, frowning slightly as it continued to float on the surface without any sign of a bite. "Still, the front lines are still moving, so being prepared does matter."

He pulled in his line again and cast for the other side of the pond, hoping that resetting the action might prompt Cardinal to spawn something new. After a few more seconds though, it became pretty clear that he was just going to have to ride out the lull. In his sleeve, he felt the tail of his serpent familiar twitch, mirroring his own impatience. Lowering his hand, he let Lilith slither out onto his lap. She coiled herself up on his knee and stared up at him, flicking her tongue at him.

Edited by Shield
  • 3 weeks later...

"Yeah, man," he said, his eyebrows twisting with worry. "I'm sorry about the wait. Really, I am." He grit his teeth, and prepped himself and his fishing pole for another go at it. He hadn't pulled up anything in a while. Shield was definitely showing him up. He was a bit surprised when Shield brought up the frontlines. He didn't recall saying anything about joining the frontlines to him, though he had mentioned his shop, that he knew. "I don't know if I told you. I'm actually joining the next boss battle." Pinball cast his line, staring into the water. Shield seemed a bit too respectable for Pinball to comfortably make eye contact with. "I'm with the Guardians of a New Dawn. Stryder's guild. Him, Hydra and I are all going." Pinball felt a sharp tug on his line. Wasting no time, he yanked his rod upwards and reeled in his catch. When everything was counted up, it came up to four fish in one go. 

Nature's Treasure Fishing - T3: ID# 101891  CD: 11 (4 Mats Fished Up) 

Pin's Total: 

• [x5] T3 Material 
Edited by Pinball

Fishing: 

Fishing CD Results: [1-4: Nothing] [5-6: 1 Material] [7-8: 2 Materials] [9-10: 3 Materials] [11: 4 Materials] [12 + LD 1-14 - 4 Materials] [12 + LD 15+ - Treasure Chest

ID# 101917 results: Craft: 8 - 2 Materials

Totals:

T3 Materials: 14

"That's good," Shield replied, giving a definitive nod. "We need more good players on the front lines. Hydra I've seen in fights before, and I think I may have even seen Stryder in smaller field boss fights, but we definitely need quality player on the lines. Just make sure you're taking your responsibilities seriously." Shield knew they had just finished talking about his crafting order, so there was no need to harp. He did, however, feel the need to play dad for a moment. "Crafting is vital to our survival. We need good cooks."

He felt it at that, turning his attention back to the fishing lines in front of him. His seemed fairly peaceful at the moment, which he supposed was fine. It was better than having fish mobs jumping out of the water every time he cast. However, he had yet to land his real objective: a chest. If this kept up, he would have to go poking around the cavern to find them elsewhere.

Edited by Shield
  • 3 weeks later...

Pinball fell silent as Shield spoke. There was a part of him that felt guilty he couldn't get his crafting done at the rate he wanted. There was another part that felt he should just give up trying to craft entirely. The hum of the fishing reel filled the quiet of the cavern. "Yeah," he finally said, exhaling heavily, "I'll probably be using what I gather here to craft. I'll have it all done in time." Pinball stopped talking again, and instead focused on the act of fishing. A few moments passed before he felt the familiar tug on his line. Pinball reeled in his catch. Pinball sat back as the fish broke the surface; Pinball had managed to salvage two chunks of fish from that. Not bad, but I have a feeling he's been at this longer than I have. Pinball glanced over at Shield, but quickly averted his eyes. "H-how... how've you been, man?

Fishing: ID# 102359 CD: 8 ~ 2 T3 Mats 
Total: 7 T3 Mats

Edited by Pinball

Fishing

ID# 102365 results: Craft: 2 - Nothing

Totals:

T3 Materials: 14

"Been keeping busy," he said, glancing out across the little subterranean lake. "There's a lot of exploring to do on the current floors while we wait for the raids of each new floor boss. Individually, each fight doesn't take so long, but the preparations and planning to try to keep people alive and in one piece does take a good chunk of time."

Nothing seemed to be biting at the moment. He pulled in his line and cast out into a spot several yards to the right of his last throw, hoping it would yield more success than his last. "Making progress is slow these days, it seems. I have plans in the works to help with that, but at the end of the day, there's only so much you can do alone, you know?" He did not know how exactly to quantify those plans, so for now, he kept silent. 

Edited by Shield

"Keeping busy is always good," he hurriedly threw in, eager to try and keep the conversation alive. Sociability wasn't one of Pinball's strong points, but when he was forced into a situation like this (or rather, got himself into a situation), he tried his best to make it one. Pinball thought it was interesting Shield would bring something up about making production easier in the future. How could he do something like that? He felt, for the most part, the game system was set in stone. He didn't push, though, as Shield got quiet himself. "Well," he shrugged, unsure how to follow up, "maybe things will pick up eventually. Hopefully maybe." Pinball stopped talking then, and cast his line as well. He felt an unusually heavy tug. He tried to pull it up, but his line threatened to snap, and eventually Pinball gave in and trudged into the pool. He reached down, and using his back, lifted a treasure chest from the water. "Oh, hell yeah," he grinned, setting it down on the shore, "this seems like your cup of tea, dude.

Fishing for T3 Mats: ID# 102370 CD: 12 LD: 15 ~ Treasure Chest 
T3 Materials: 7 

Edited by Pinball

Using Golden Key

Opening Chest:

ID# 102374 LD:12+7=19 CD:2 3,900 Col, 8 T3 Materials, 2 T3 Rare Consumables, 1 T3 Perfect Armor/Shield

Totals:
Col: 3,900
T3 Materials: 22
T3 Rare Consumables: 2 [102374a] [102374b]
T3 Perfect Armor/Shield: 1 [102374c]

Shield was on his feet in a moment, swiping through his menus as he jogged down to the water's edge. By the time he arrived, he already had a key in his hand. Its golden highlights carried tints of pale blue in the luminous cavern. Holding the key out, he watched as it vanished, disappearing in a puff of glittering gold dust and the click of the lock. Of its own accord, the lid inched open and a display screen materialized. Shield scrolled down through it until he got to the bottom.

"There we go," he said triumphantly. "Some real results. Looks like you have some extra materials, and I have some sort of high quality defensive item. We'll find out later if the quality is matched by the actual synergy of the different enhancements. Unfortunately, that's a big problem once you hit a certain point. It's not finding equipment. It's finding equipment that's useful" He straightened up, stretching his neck. "Then again, someone will be able to make use of it, hopefully."

Edited by Shield

He grinned as he watched Shield pop open the lid of the chest. At first, he had hesitated. From past experience, Pinball wasn't particularly lucky when it came to RNG. Fishing usually ended up yielding a near-death experience, and he always seemed to pull Mimics instead of actual loot. Still, for someone like Shield who was seeminggly built to find chests, it all came easy. Especially when he can take a hit from his Boss Fish. Pinball touched the strips of leather he called "armor". Though meant to make him faster, it probably impeded his ability to move quickly. Maybe I should switch to something lighter? It was a superstition more than anything, but maybe... he shook himself out of it, and returned to his pond. "Nice find," he said, throwing a thumbs up to Shield as he sat. "I'd be jealous of that equipment if I were Tier Three. Which I'm not." He cast his line, and then after a moment's wait, reeled in his catch. 

ROLLING 

Fishing for T3 Mats: ID#102380 CD: 9 ~ 3 Materials 
T3 Materials: 10 

Edited by Pinball