[PP-F14] <<Feeding the Enemy>> The Friend in My Shadow

I just nod my head at hearing the question i was going to expect from me saying anything about Aincrad's greatest killer. I think back to my encounter with the man as i look towards the purple haired girl as i follow her. Well finding him wasn't easy to begin with. Who would've guessed trying to find a infamous person would be difficult? I say in a half attempt at a joke as i chuckle ever so slightly before shaking my head. But yeah i managed to eventually find him, and got him to go into a field away from other people upon his request. I say with a nod of my head remembering the man's voice and how annoyed he must've been at that moment. The short trip from the bar to the field by myself with not even having my familiar by my side. I tried to ask him about why he did what he does. He basically responded with asking me what i would do if my friends were in serious danger. What extremes what i go to, to try and protect you guys. I say as i glance towards Teion including her with the people that i deem as friends. Not seeing a reason not to do so since she has been kind enough..more then kind enough with how i interact with her. I told him that i would go to any extremes to protect you guys...i then told him that you cared about him. I tell the purple haired girl remember the violent outburst at the inn when i first said anything without really knowing the man at all. I shake my head getting rid of the small feeling of dread from the response i got.

The more Hestia went on to recount her meeting with the infamous player, the more Teion's smirk grew wider and more genuine. She spared a glance over her shoulder, catching a glimpse of the woman's expression as they walked. "Hmmm. So, not quite the 'monster' you made him out to be, I take it?" She didn't bother suppressing the smug attitude that her voice was sure to carry after listening to Hestia relate to the mysterious man's motivations and finally seeing the humanity in him despite the name he'd made for himself in Aincrad.

Hestia's last line caused her to falter, and for a brief second it was as if her legs forgot how to carry her. She stopped, expression changing in an instant while she kept her eyes trained forward, no longer looking to the raven-haired tank. She pushed herself to keep moving, swallowing down the lump of apprehension that was quick to form in her throat with the direction the topic had taken. Now she was wondering just how recent this conversation of theirs had been. "Ah, is that so?" She filled the silence with a distant, generic response, but curiosity burned inside of her. If Hestia was saying such a thing, does that mean Aereth didn't tell her anything about their relationship, its current status or otherwise? What in the world did Max have to say about her after what she'd done? "And...? How did that go?" She treaded carefully now, for some reason, anxiety and more apprehension festering inside of her.

I just nod my head not caring if you are being rather smug about it since you have every right to be about that entire situation. Yeah. he is seemingly a nice guy if not for a very cold exterior that will be difficult to break through. His heart is in the right place though. I say with a nod of my head as i continue walking with you till i see you stop at me mentioning about me telling how she felt about Aereth. I just nod my head figuring that her reaction matched up rather well with how Aereth did when i had said that to him. I then hear the question as i look towards the girl able to get the idea that she is ever so slightly nervous about the result possibly from the phrasing and pausing between words. I then take a calming breathe then looks the girl in the eyes knowing i have to say the truth. When i told Aereth that he didn't believe me at all. Saying how he thinks nobody could like him..at all.I think he called me a liar more specifically? The details are a bit fuzzy honestly to the exact phrasing. Though the general idea was total disbelief on how that could be a thing. I say towards the purple haired girl trying to think back towards that night that was rather long ago with as much detail as i could.

'Will be difficult to break through?' Her mind echoed, wondering about the implication of Hestia's choice of words. Did she plan to keep in contact with him, or try to get close to him? The thought surprised her on both ends: that Hestia was stubborn enough to try to make friends with the man she initially held so much disdain for, for reasons unknown to her, and that Aereth might allow anything of the sort to happen. Especially after how she had treated him, of all people.

The lump returned as Hestia went on to recount the brunette's reaction. Guilt was quick to grip at her, even with the woman's uncertainty and inability to recall every detail of their exchange. The message, and the damage that Teion had done, was clear. Her jaw clenched while she grit her teeth in silence, a slew of complicated emotions running through her. "I messed up..." She whispered through her teeth.

The violette stopped again, taking a second before she turned to face Hestia. "Look, I... I told you we were seeing each other, right?" She asked, not waiting to hear the obvious answer before continuing. Her right palm reached up to press against her forehead, gaze dropping to the floor. "That's--that's not true anymore. I ended things between us, and I can't think of a worse way I could have done it." She struggled to keep her voice from cracking. Teion took a couple of steps backwards until her peripheral vision came through for her and she ran into a small boulder that would serve as a chair for her to lower herself onto. She sat, still drilling her palm into her temple with fingers curled against her hair. "I went on and on to stand up for him... I still would if someone was brave enough to talk some sh*t about him around me. But..." Her other hand rested in her lap as she trailed off, clenched tightly for the fear that it might start shaking if she didn't hold it in place against her legs.

I look towards the purple haired girl with a bit of worry and confusion at seeing her react in a negative fashion to me telling her how Aereth had reacted when i told him about her concern for his safety and health. I then just nod my head towards her question just remaining silent not wishing to ruin what she has to say by interrupting whatever is going to be told. My familiar Kuro slowly walking on over towards Teion and if she would let him nuzzle his head ever so slightly against her side to try and provide some comfort to the poor girl that seems rather sad and upset about something. How did you end it between you and Aereth? I ask the purple haired girl breaking my silence as i gaze towards her as i take a few tenative steps as i then pause putting together the man's reaction toward just hearing about Teion, and then her reaction about however she ended there relationship. 'Ohhhh please don't tell me i just messed up on a royal level.' i think to myself in some worry remembering the boss meeting and how i put the two together thinking they were at least on some friendly level with one another.

I take a few more steps towards the purple haired girl and then gets onto one knee quickly followed by me moving my body putting pressure onto one hand as i sit beside Teion. I then look towards you with a saddened gaze as i move to put my hand against her leg to show that i am there for her. Take a few deep breathes okay? Don't need you having some kind of panic attack because of all of this. Just try to relax and why don't you try to help me understand. I would like to try and understand why he reacted the way he did. i say in a soft tone of voice. Hiding nervousness that is threatening to spill out of my own voice. Realizing how badly that i messed up the boss group formations by putting the two together.

"Like--like, a stupid coward." She couldn't keep her voice steady any longer as a heat stung at the corners of her eyes. Her vision blurred as couldn't help herself from imagining Aereth's expression as Hestia recalled her conversation with the man. "I, didn't even talk to him. I thought, I thought I could get all the right words out if I wrote it down. S-so, I left a note in his shop. I, I haven't seen or talked to him since, so it makes sense if he hates my guts now." She choked out the last few words. Despite her desire to put an end to the romance between the two of them, the realization of how she had hurt Aereth, paired with the assumption that he held her in such a negative view after the fact wrung at her heart with an intensity that caused beads of hot tears to spill over and run down her cheeks.

At Hestia's gentle instruction, Teion took in a breath that was more like a broken gasp that paired with her soft sobs. Dropping the hand from the side of her head, she tried again after a heavy exhale. Her chest rose as she drew in air steadily through her nose this time, and just as quickly as her wild emotions had surfaced she began to pull them back again. Behind her, the same sets of ruby-red eyes blinked open in the darkened stone where her shadow lay cast. They closed once more, and a shimmer of motion ran closer to the woman's back. As if climbing directly out of Teion's shadow, the pitch black paws of a cat-like figure crawled up and onto Teion's shoulder between the two players. It's five red eyes blinked once more, pausing for only a second before the creature's face moved forward and a small red tongue dragged itself up the blacksmith's cheek to lap up the tears that coated her skin.

Teion gave a start at the sudden, unfamiliar contact. She let out a short scream as she caught sight of the dark figure perched upon her shoulder, and scrambled to push herself off of the rock and spin around to face her assailant. With her sudden movement, the cat simply jumped from its perch back down to the rock, turning back to face her as well and sitting itself down where Teion had been resting. Its taller-than-normal ears fell back and its eyes closed into bright red slits as its mouth opened into a yawn before it went back to staring at the shocked player. Tufts of what looked like fur stood up around the sides of its face, chest, and back, while its limbs and the tail that curled around beside it was sleek. Bearing the same color as its eyes, sets of slim red runes looped around the middle of its ears, around its neck, and the edge of its tail, appearing as though the markings were suspended and floating around the creature's jet-black form. "Wh-what the hell?!" With a palm pressed against her cheek, Teion's expression twisted and her voice strained from its emotional distress to clear confusion.

I look towards Teion wanting to hug the poor girl, but thinking that might be a bit too much at the moment for her. Knowing that she is emotionally compromised at the moment from thinking of how she ended it with the man. 'Ending it by letter though?' I think to myself with some surprise. Knowing that in terms of just movie tropes that such things never end well at all, and that the trope apparently has a lot of grounds based on reality figuring how the two ended up in terms of their relationship. I slowly move my hand and puts it on the girl's leg to try and show some kind of sign that i am here for her in the end. I'm sure that given time that you and Aereth can go back to being friends if you can put the time and effort into it. I say in a soft one of voice towards the girl as i look towards her. Annnd wellll...i might've..kinda..put you on the same team for the floor boss so you will have life and death to bond over. I say with nervous laughter towards the girl hoping that she doesn't blow up at me with the news.

I see darkness move as i look towards the purple haired girl's sister as i look at he catlike creature and then smiles a bit. Awwwww that is such a cute cat Teion. When did you finally get a familiar? I ask the girl with a smile on my face as i stand back up and tries to look at it better only to be interrupted with you suddenly screaming and backing away from the familiar as i look towards the purple haired girl. Not catching the multiple red eyes of the cat of shadows from turning to look you in the eyes instead. Why are you screaming at your familiar? It is just a cute little kitten. I say while gesturing towards the cat as i notice all of its little features. I then pause and looks between the cat and then Teion. Waaaaiiit a minute....i thought you said you've never seen those ruin creatures before, but here is a cat that seemingly likes you like a familiar following you that looks like them. I say with a confused look as i look towards the purple haired girl as i rub the back of my head slowly. Being very much so puzzled by everything. Not really thinking that this cat could be new since i've never met a familiar that just suddenly starts following for no reason at all.

"My fa--... What?!" She asked incredulously, eyes tearing away from the small creature that stared back at her in order to look at Hestia as if she was actually crazy. The cat sat beside the tank on the rocky surface, perfectly unbothered by the violette's reaction. It lifted a paw, sticking out its reddish tongue to lick at it several times before drawing it up and over its tall ear. Its paw dragged over its ear and rubbed first against its top-most right eye, then down to the one below it before hovering in front of it again to be licked. Teion's eyes flickered between Hestia and the cat that nonchalantly groomed itself, shifting the hand that held onto her cheek in order to wipe the leftover tears away in a hurry. "Yeah, I haven't!" She affirmed, on the defensive when her friend began to question her unfamiliarity with the creatures they'd earlier fought again. "And I don't know what you mean by a familiar. I've never had one, and I don't plan on getting one." She asserted, trying to prevent any old, unsavory memories from being dredged back to the surface. Teion frowned, surveying the cat across from her with a newfound distaste, as if the creature was an annoyance or inconvenience above all else. "It's probably just some non-aggressive monster that spawns around this area, hell if I know why it's hanging around." She dismissed with a scowl.

Suddenly, something seemed to click into place. Teion's cobalt eyes darted back to Hestia, widening slightly. "Wait wait, back up. Aereth is going to the floor boss?" She sought confirmation, thoroughly surprised. The man had expressed his interest in joining the frontlines and attending the fights, but as he was absent for the twenty-second floor's boss, she hadn't expected him to show up so suddenly. "You did what?!" The final piece of the puzzle finally settled in, and Teion realized exactly what her own presence missing from the latest raid meeting had resulted in. Hestia had placed them in the same team, under the understanding that they were on good terms. Her first two fingers slid upwards to rub at her temple, attempting to calm herself after snapping at the woman again, and telling herself that Hestia didn't know any better to want to have them split up. But then, there was still something curious about those circumstances.

"Wait, so he was there? And, he didn't say anything about being in the same team as me?" Her voice was almost hopeful. If Aereth hadn't objected, or switched himself into a different team, then what did that mean? Was that some sort of confirmation that he didn't hate her after all?

I smile as i watch the cute little kitten just groom itself with its paw and tongue like a actual cat as i sit contentedly watching this for awhile until i hear the purple haired girl's reaction to my words. A non-aggressive mob on this floor? Such ideas of non-aggressive mobs seems to be a rarity and have very specific areas that have such a effect of having no mobs or just peaceful mobs. Usually with some kind of peaceful scenery or feeling towards everything, but well obviously this area has nothing of the sort besides that death trap of ruin monsters. Cause unless that is some kind of facing your demons 2.0 i think this is a cat who has taken a liking to you and has become your familiar. I say towards the purple haired girl with a nod of my head as i look you within the eyes with a rather calm and almost a bit of a amused look sparkling within my eyes. Amusement from the idea of finding a familiar that joins you rather then convincing it, and furthermore some confusion at the same time of finding such a thing weird concept that a non-aggressive mob could be around and just following someone for seemingly no reason at all.

I then hear the next statement and nods my head willing to back it up for the meantime as i nod my head once more at the question. yeah Aereth showed up, but was more so sticking to the back. I think he didn't care for talking because of his crystal. Unlike the Oikawa guy that showed up halfway through the meeting. I say giving some musings about the killer of Zelrius and what he could've been doing for so long. I then flinch ever so slightly with a bit of a worried look at hearing the reaction towards my words regarding the man known as Aereth being paired up with her. Well i just placed you in his team with Itzal writing them all down and showing it to everyone. I didn't think anything about it since i thought you two were on friendly terms, and that it wouldn't be awkward or anything like i-. I stop as you continue on as i nod my head slowly. Yeah Aereth didn't say anything. i quickly reply and then promptly shuts up not wanting to possibly make things worse. My familiar Kuro slowly approaches the small shadow cat and tries to poke it gently to get its attention.

While Hestia looked on with amusement, Teion glared at the small creature that had effectively taken possession of her makeshift seat. Finished grooming itself, the shadowy cat tucked its dark paws beneath its chest as it lay down, remaining impassive to the conversations around it. The violette's face clearly bore a mixture of irritation, annoyance, and inconvenience all at once. but her stance finally began to relax and her hand dropped from her temple and back to her side. She took a couple of steps back to the two figures, keeping her eyes on the strange, seemingly domestic creature as she reached cautiously over its head. Thankfully indifferent to her movement, Teion reached down to take the scruff of the cat's jet-black fur in her hand, effectively plucking the animal from its resting spot. Her familiarity with cats in general led her to reason that even if she tossed the thing aside, she wouldn't be doing any real harm. And so she did, picking the shadow cat up and pulling it forward, dropping the creature several feet away in front of them. It landed on its feet, only mildly disturbed as it turned around to face them again with large, red eyes.

As Teion moved to reclaim her seat beside Hestia atop the small boulder, the cat moved around them. It circled past Hestia, eyeing the edge of the rock for a moment before it jumped up behind the raven-haired player and leaned over. It began to sniff at the shaded area directly behind the woman, as if inspecting something. Looking as though it was simply investigating a new piece of the boulder, Teion dismissed the action with an exasperated sigh and forced her attention away from the creature.

Instead, she frowned. Oikawa was another familiar name, though her reunion with the blonde was recent and their relationship before then was nothing more than passing acquaintanceship. When Hestia confirmed that Aereth rose no qualms about being placed into the same group as her, she was able to feel a moment's relief before her head would undoubtedly wonder why that would be. "Mm... Alright." She accepted the circumstances outwardly, but the upcoming boss fight was going to bring a new sense of dread once the frontliners would call to arms. "Everyone else is going, right?" She asked, a twinge of hope resonating in her chest. Of course Hestia would be participating, and if other familiar faces like Jomei were around, maybe she could keep her anxiety to a minimum.

Before it had finished whatever inspection it had started on, the cat milling about behind Hestia was startled by the gentle prodding of Kuro's nose at its back. Spinning around, the cat first looked defensive, though its expression remained incredibly impassive. Curiosity took over, and the cat leaned its head forward while its long ears twitched once or twice. Carefully, it raised a paw from the ground. The scene would have been endearing if Teion hadn't wanted nothing to do with the stray animal. The cat moved extremely hesitantly, reaching forward slowly, then quickly, as it worked to curiously bat at Kuro's large nose.

I look towards Teion and chuckles a bit with how she is treating her cat. Though also a bit disappointed with how careless it seems, but mixed with some are since she is treating the cat gently but also just haphazardly just dropping it seemingly. I look over towards the purple haired girl with a raised eyebrow. You know you could be kind to the cat. it is just trying to be affectionate and get some attention. It isn't like it is trying to kill your or something. I say towards the girl as i look her in the eyes as i then glance towards the cat as it inspects the boulder for what i can only assume is finding the best spot to rest its body on. I then glance back towards Teion and continue on. I mean it is just trying to be friendly with you. Are you like scared of cats or something and that is why you are just ignoring it? I ask the girl curiously as i turn to my familiar and gives him a gentle pat on the head as he goes off to do something as i focus upon the questions that i get and i just nod my head as i go to respond. Well yeah Jomei, Ruby, and Telrenya are going to be at the next boss fight possibly also. I don't know about Tel since she wasn't at the meeting, buuut considering the fact Jomei is going there is a high chance Tel is going also. I say with a nod of my head as i look towards the girl.

Kuro looks towards the small shadow cat as it bats at its nose as the larger familiar doesn't really mind that all that much. As Kuro nudges the shadow cat ever so slightly for the fact that it is batting at its nose. Kuro then proceeds to lay besides the boulder where the cat is at to just observe the small little thing. Not resting his head against any thing and keeping it up and watching the shadow cat do whatever it is going to do.

What about yourself Teion any fun plans for the rest of the day besides looking around this floor? I ask Tei curiously as i glance towards the shadow cat wondering what kind of familiar it is if anything. Figuring if anything it could be some kind accuracy familiar, or damage depending if Teion had her gear changed since she got the cat.

"Pfft, scared of cats?" She echoed in a scoff. It wasn't like Hestia knew much about her, but Teion still found the assumption amusing. She shook her head, "No. I actually...have a cat back home." She admitted, hesitating for a moment before getting the sentence out. It was incredibly rare that the woman shared anything about her 'real' life, outside of the game. Then again, nobody ever really asked. Whether the real world was a topic reserved for only those who held a certain bond or level of friendship, or if it was simply an unofficial taboo amongst players, Teion never found herself talking about herself beyond Aincrad, and realized in that moment that the topic was one she thought about less and less as time moved on. She drew in a breath through her nose, pursing her lips as she tried to challenge Hestia's assumptions, and reason against her plea for kindness. "I told you, I don't plan on getting a familiar. And even if it's some demon thing," She spared a glance back at the creature as it batted playfully at Kuro's nose, rolling over onto its back once the winged lion gave it another dismissing nudge. "Adopting some other cat, just feels..." She trailed off, her expression souring as she failed to find the words to describe her feelings.

"Uhh... No, not really. She faced forward again when Hestia shifted the topic to other plans she might have for the day. "Coming out here was really just to kill time. I haven't been on this floor before, so I figured I might as well get out and do something." She shrugged. It felt like a lot had happened since the twenty-second floor boss had been defeated, but when Teion actually thought about it she could hardly back that line of thinking up. Perhaps the mental journey had been enough of its own toll. Ever since the Valentine's party she'd gone through one emotional trial after another, and days like today left her tired. "Maybe, I'll see if Ryo is home later today..." She thought out loud in a tiny mutter, oblivious to her own musings.

I just nod my head as i then pause and smiles a bit as i turn my head towards the purple haired girl with a grin on my face. Wait you have a cat back home? What is its name, and what kind of cat is it? I ask curiously with a smile seeming rather excited about talking about this as i glance towards my familiar and smiles a bit as i then glance back towards the girl i am with. Finding myself more and more surprised the more i learn about her that contradicts her initial first appearance of being a rather cold person that prefers being alone. I don't have any pets at home sadly for myself, but i do plan to get like a little black lab puppy when i get out of this game so i can always remember Kuro. I say with a smile on my face as i pet the head of my familiar as he looks up towards me seeming rather happy about the pets that i give him as i continue petting him more and more.  I giggle slightly at how the cat is being just a rather happy and normal creature despite its rather odd appearance of having multiple red eyes. I then nod my head as you trail off understanding where you were going with the sentence. You don't need to say it Teion i know what you mean. Adopting another cat would feel wrong since i am guessing you would feel like you're trying to replace the one you have back in the real world. Right? I say in a questioning tone towards the purple haired girl not wishing to assume her feelings about anything, or her own mental process of why she wouldn't wish to simply get another cat.

I nod my head in understanding with a small little chuckle as i shrug my shoulders. Well i just came to this floor in search of understanding of what this floor could have. Something beyond its lore for the green cloaks and that skeleton lich in the castle. I want to try and understand the full source from where everything came, and if there are any neat little secrets tucked away. Plus you can never be too sure where players could be hiding out if they have orange cursors, or secret bases crime guilds like Laughing Coffin could be setup. I say with a shrug of my shoulders finding nothing really wrong with trying to find such dangerous things by my lonesome. My familiar nudging my leg ever so slightly as i look down towards him as he stretches out ever so slightly. Getting tired of just laying around buddy? I ask him in a gentle tone of voice as i only get a yawn in response as i shake my head in amusement as i pet his head gently. yeah i know you enjoy your lazy days especially since i've slowed down with questing, but i do enjoy your company you know that right? besides who knows what we could find out here we might even find like a shadowy version of you. Wouldn't that be kinda cool? I say to my familiar as he slaps my leg right after i say that as i pout for a second. Fine whatever i was just trying to think of something that would be different is all. I say to my familiar with a playful/joking like pout across my face that turns into a smile and a chuckle at my own silliness of talking to my familiar.

"Oh, uhh," Teion was surprised by the woman's continued interest, and her further questions caught her off-guard. "Err, I'm not smart about cat breeds," She admitted, a hand gravitating upwards to settle at the back of her neck. "But her name is Chii. Her fur is short, and all white, with blue eyes." A small smile crept onto her expression as she recalled the attention-hungry pet that always kept her company after a long day at work. Her small apartment felt lonely most nights, but at least she always had Chii to look after.

When her companion voiced her assumption as to Teion's hesitation, she pursed her lips again and tilted her head to the side, hand still sticking to the nape of her neck. "Mm, something like that..." Cobalt eyes glanced back at the cat behind them as it rolled the rest of the way over. With Kuro gone, it gave a quick shake of its head and went back to inspecting the shaded stone surface beneath them. This time, it edged closer to Teion's side, darkened nose twitching as it sniffed at something. It spent only a couple of seconds investigating this time, seemingly satisfied with the area behind the violette. Its paw dragged lightly against the ground in front of it, then the small animal crouched a moment before hopping forward. It was as if the cat dove directly into the rock itself as it vanished completely, and the motion in the corner of her eye caused Teion to give a start, twisting her torso to look for the creature that had vanished. She raised a single brow in suspicion, but she was already worn out with the strange cat's hijinx that she didn't bother trying to find out what it was up to.

Leaning back with a sigh, she looked to her side where Hestia was carrying on a playful conversation with her own familiar. The corner of her mouth raised into half a smirk, amused by both their interaction and the woman's endearing intention to get a dog of her own in the future. 'Maybe a cat wouldn't be the worst thing...' She thought, and the train running along inside of her mind seemed to carry her to the purple-haired katana-wielder on its own. She was wracking her brain now, trying to remember if Ryo had ever told her whether or not he liked cats. If this peculiar little rune-creature really was insistent on sticking around, perhaps she'd find out one way or another.

I smile towards the purple haired girl with a nod of my head after i finish talking to my familiar. That is a cute name. Chii. I say with a nod of my head keeping that in mind for the future when i meet the purple haired girl as i stand up from where i am with my familiar quickly following my example, but not before stretching out by lowering his front half to stretch his front paws forward while arching his back towards the sky. I then look towards Teion and gives a simple wave of my hand. Well i am going to head home if you don't mind Teion. Kuro has deemed he wants a comfortable rest back at home, or at least somewhere he probably find a decent napping spot. I say with a small chuckle as Kuro nudges my leg as i look down to see a slightly grumpy look on his face. Oh what's the problem? Hmm? Don't like me telling your habits? I say playfully only to get nudges again as i chuckle for a little bit and then just nods my head. Okay, okay i won't do it. I say in a amused tone of voice as i then nod my head towards Teion, and then pauses seeing the shadow cat gone as i then just shrug figuring it will find its way to Teion if it truly wants to be with her.

Well i am heading off then Teion. At least be willing to stay with the kitten since it is by itself with nobody at all. It does need a home if it is going to survive within this game. I say as i then wave my hand as i open up my menu and takes out a teleport crystal as i pet my familiar's head with a smile as i say the activation code. Teleport, Snowfrost. With that i get covered in the familiar glow as i get taken back towards my home floor as i then quickly make my way back towards my shop with a smile on my face. having enjoyed the rather short walk on the fourteenth floor, and even more so the bonuses that came with it. Getting to know Teion a bit more which was a bonus since the girl seemed difficult to get to at times, and with a more interesting bonus of seeing those shadow beings. Leaving time to figure out what those ruins could mean and if it is a sign for what the floor could hold within its dark secrets. That floor just got a little bit more interesting. I say with a grin across my face.

Teion pulled her right knee up, crossing her legs while she placed her palms flat on the uneven surface behind her. She looked on when Hestia bid her farewell, leaving her with more encouragement to keep the cat with her, if it really had taken a liking to her. The blacksmith only cocked a brow, reflecting for a moment on the words. The cat needed a home to survive? It was all alone? Her skepticism kicked in full-force, having to stop herself from scoffing before Hestia's avatar had disappeared. She lifted a hand up to wave her away before the light of the teleport crystal engulfed her, waiting a long second before planting it back behind her and lifting her chin up to the sky. "It's just some in-game monster pet..." She muttered to herself, trying to dismiss the sympathy that Hestia so clearly showed. Even under the huge assumption that she was getting out of Aincrad alive, the thought of getting close to something that she couldn't bring back with her wasn't far from heartbreaking. The familiar system had its perks, but surely Hestia knew that Kuro would--at least figuratively--die by the time they'd beaten the game, so why was she okay with being so friendly with the beast? Perhaps the value of that companionship in such a harsh world outweighed the consequences that would come later, she inwardly mused.

A minute or so passed, Teion growing lost in her own thoughts. She drew in a sharp breath through her nose as she brought herself back to the present, and pushed herself from her seat up to her feet. "Might as well head back, too." She spoke to herself, bringing a hand up to swipe through the air and summon her menus. The woman composed a quick message to none other than Ryo, inquiring if the man was home, and if he minded her coming by.

Thread Complete!

• Teion: +2 SP, +200 col, +<<Jinx>>, Shadow Cat familiar
  • Hestia: +1 SP, +200 col