Teion

[PP-F14] <<Feeding the Enemy>> The Friend in My Shadow

I just nod my head at hearing the question i was going to expect from me saying anything about Aincrad's greatest killer. I think back to my encounter with the man as i look towards the purple haired girl as i follow her. Well finding him wasn't easy to begin with. Who would've guessed trying to find a infamous person would be difficult? I say in a half attempt at a joke as i chuckle ever so slightly before shaking my head. But yeah i managed to eventually find him, and got him to go into a field away from other people upon his request. I say with a nod of my head remembering the man's voice and how annoyed he must've been at that moment. The short trip from the bar to the field by myself with not even having my familiar by my side. I tried to ask him about why he did what he does. He basically responded with asking me what i would do if my friends were in serious danger. What extremes what i go to, to try and protect you guys. I say as i glance towards Teion including her with the people that i deem as friends. Not seeing a reason not to do so since she has been kind enough..more then kind enough with how i interact with her. I told him that i would go to any extremes to protect you guys...i then told him that you cared about him. I tell the purple haired girl remember the violent outburst at the inn when i first said anything without really knowing the man at all. I shake my head getting rid of the small feeling of dread from the response i got.

The more Hestia went on to recount her meeting with the infamous player, the more Teion's smirk grew wider and more genuine. She spared a glance over her shoulder, catching a glimpse of the woman's expression as they walked. "Hmmm. So, not quite the 'monster' you made him out to be, I take it?" She didn't bother suppressing the smug attitude that her voice was sure to carry after listening to Hestia relate to the mysterious man's motivations and finally seeing the humanity in him despite the name he'd made for himself in Aincrad.

Hestia's last line caused her to falter, and for a brief second it was as if her legs forgot how to carry her. She stopped, expression changing in an instant while she kept her eyes trained forward, no longer looking to the raven-haired tank. She pushed herself to keep moving, swallowing down the lump of apprehension that was quick to form in her throat with the direction the topic had taken. Now she was wondering just how recent this conversation of theirs had been. "Ah, is that so?" She filled the silence with a distant, generic response, but curiosity burned inside of her. If Hestia was saying such a thing, does that mean Aereth didn't tell her anything about their relationship, its current status or otherwise? What in the world did Max have to say about her after what she'd done? "And...? How did that go?" She treaded carefully now, for some reason, anxiety and more apprehension festering inside of her.

I just nod my head not caring if you are being rather smug about it since you have every right to be about that entire situation. Yeah. he is seemingly a nice guy if not for a very cold exterior that will be difficult to break through. His heart is in the right place though. I say with a nod of my head as i continue walking with you till i see you stop at me mentioning about me telling how she felt about Aereth. I just nod my head figuring that her reaction matched up rather well with how Aereth did when i had said that to him. I then hear the question as i look towards the girl able to get the idea that she is ever so slightly nervous about the result possibly from the phrasing and pausing between words. I then take a calming breathe then looks the girl in the eyes knowing i have to say the truth. When i told Aereth that he didn't believe me at all. Saying how he thinks nobody could like him..at all.I think he called me a liar more specifically? The details are a bit fuzzy honestly to the exact phrasing. Though the general idea was total disbelief on how that could be a thing. I say towards the purple haired girl trying to think back towards that night that was rather long ago with as much detail as i could.

'Will be difficult to break through?' Her mind echoed, wondering about the implication of Hestia's choice of words. Did she plan to keep in contact with him, or try to get close to him? The thought surprised her on both ends: that Hestia was stubborn enough to try to make friends with the man she initially held so much disdain for, for reasons unknown to her, and that Aereth might allow anything of the sort to happen. Especially after how she had treated him, of all people.

The lump returned as Hestia went on to recount the brunette's reaction. Guilt was quick to grip at her, even with the woman's uncertainty and inability to recall every detail of their exchange. The message, and the damage that Teion had done, was clear. Her jaw clenched while she grit her teeth in silence, a slew of complicated emotions running through her. "I messed up..." She whispered through her teeth.

The violette stopped again, taking a second before she turned to face Hestia. "Look, I... I told you we were seeing each other, right?" She asked, not waiting to hear the obvious answer before continuing. Her right palm reached up to press against her forehead, gaze dropping to the floor. "That's--that's not true anymore. I ended things between us, and I can't think of a worse way I could have done it." She struggled to keep her voice from cracking. Teion took a couple of steps backwards until her peripheral vision came through for her and she ran into a small boulder that would serve as a chair for her to lower herself onto. She sat, still drilling her palm into her temple with fingers curled against her hair. "I went on and on to stand up for him... I still would if someone was brave enough to talk some sh*t about him around me. But..." Her other hand rested in her lap as she trailed off, clenched tightly for the fear that it might start shaking if she didn't hold it in place against her legs.

I look towards the purple haired girl with a bit of worry and confusion at seeing her react in a negative fashion to me telling her how Aereth had reacted when i told him about her concern for his safety and health. I then just nod my head towards her question just remaining silent not wishing to ruin what she has to say by interrupting whatever is going to be told. My familiar Kuro slowly walking on over towards Teion and if she would let him nuzzle his head ever so slightly against her side to try and provide some comfort to the poor girl that seems rather sad and upset about something. How did you end it between you and Aereth? I ask the purple haired girl breaking my silence as i gaze towards her as i take a few tenative steps as i then pause putting together the man's reaction toward just hearing about Teion, and then her reaction about however she ended there relationship. 'Ohhhh please don't tell me i just messed up on a royal level.' i think to myself in some worry remembering the boss meeting and how i put the two together thinking they were at least on some friendly level with one another.

I take a few more steps towards the purple haired girl and then gets onto one knee quickly followed by me moving my body putting pressure onto one hand as i sit beside Teion. I then look towards you with a saddened gaze as i move to put my hand against her leg to show that i am there for her. Take a few deep breathes okay? Don't need you having some kind of panic attack because of all of this. Just try to relax and why don't you try to help me understand. I would like to try and understand why he reacted the way he did. i say in a soft tone of voice. Hiding nervousness that is threatening to spill out of my own voice. Realizing how badly that i messed up the boss group formations by putting the two together.

"Like--like, a stupid coward." She couldn't keep her voice steady any longer as a heat stung at the corners of her eyes. Her vision blurred as couldn't help herself from imagining Aereth's expression as Hestia recalled her conversation with the man. "I, didn't even talk to him. I thought, I thought I could get all the right words out if I wrote it down. S-so, I left a note in his shop. I, I haven't seen or talked to him since, so it makes sense if he hates my guts now." She choked out the last few words. Despite her desire to put an end to the romance between the two of them, the realization of how she had hurt Aereth, paired with the assumption that he held her in such a negative view after the fact wrung at her heart with an intensity that caused beads of hot tears to spill over and run down her cheeks.

At Hestia's gentle instruction, Teion took in a breath that was more like a broken gasp that paired with her soft sobs. Dropping the hand from the side of her head, she tried again after a heavy exhale. Her chest rose as she drew in air steadily through her nose this time, and just as quickly as her wild emotions had surfaced she began to pull them back again. Behind her, the same sets of ruby-red eyes blinked open in the darkened stone where her shadow lay cast. They closed once more, and a shimmer of motion ran closer to the woman's back. As if climbing directly out of Teion's shadow, the pitch black paws of a cat-like figure crawled up and onto Teion's shoulder between the two players. It's five red eyes blinked once more, pausing for only a second before the creature's face moved forward and a small red tongue dragged itself up the blacksmith's cheek to lap up the tears that coated her skin.

Teion gave a start at the sudden, unfamiliar contact. She let out a short scream as she caught sight of the dark figure perched upon her shoulder, and scrambled to push herself off of the rock and spin around to face her assailant. With her sudden movement, the cat simply jumped from its perch back down to the rock, turning back to face her as well and sitting itself down where Teion had been resting. Its taller-than-normal ears fell back and its eyes closed into bright red slits as its mouth opened into a yawn before it went back to staring at the shocked player. Tufts of what looked like fur stood up around the sides of its face, chest, and back, while its limbs and the tail that curled around beside it was sleek. Bearing the same color as its eyes, sets of slim red runes looped around the middle of its ears, around its neck, and the edge of its tail, appearing as though the markings were suspended and floating around the creature's jet-black form. "Wh-what the hell?!" With a palm pressed against her cheek, Teion's expression twisted and her voice strained from its emotional distress to clear confusion.

I look towards Teion wanting to hug the poor girl, but thinking that might be a bit too much at the moment for her. Knowing that she is emotionally compromised at the moment from thinking of how she ended it with the man. 'Ending it by letter though?' I think to myself with some surprise. Knowing that in terms of just movie tropes that such things never end well at all, and that the trope apparently has a lot of grounds based on reality figuring how the two ended up in terms of their relationship. I slowly move my hand and puts it on the girl's leg to try and show some kind of sign that i am here for her in the end. I'm sure that given time that you and Aereth can go back to being friends if you can put the time and effort into it. I say in a soft one of voice towards the girl as i look towards her. Annnd wellll...i might've..kinda..put you on the same team for the floor boss so you will have life and death to bond over. I say with nervous laughter towards the girl hoping that she doesn't blow up at me with the news.

I see darkness move as i look towards the purple haired girl's sister as i look at he catlike creature and then smiles a bit. Awwwww that is such a cute cat Teion. When did you finally get a familiar? I ask the girl with a smile on my face as i stand back up and tries to look at it better only to be interrupted with you suddenly screaming and backing away from the familiar as i look towards the purple haired girl. Not catching the multiple red eyes of the cat of shadows from turning to look you in the eyes instead. Why are you screaming at your familiar? It is just a cute little kitten. I say while gesturing towards the cat as i notice all of its little features. I then pause and looks between the cat and then Teion. Waaaaiiit a minute....i thought you said you've never seen those ruin creatures before, but here is a cat that seemingly likes you like a familiar following you that looks like them. I say with a confused look as i look towards the purple haired girl as i rub the back of my head slowly. Being very much so puzzled by everything. Not really thinking that this cat could be new since i've never met a familiar that just suddenly starts following for no reason at all.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.