[F16-PP] Snake Skewering <<Snake out of Water>>

I land upon the sixteenth floor with a smile upon my face wearing my usual combat gear with my sword and shield on my person. I look around the area seeing the rather rundown and very basic town of the sixteenth floor. I smile a bit at that fact as i think of the quest and sighs softly knowing it is going to be an annoyance for me unless i bring an ally alongside me. With that thought i take out my friends list and scrolls through it looking over be, and sees the name Pinball and nods my head at that name. I think about it as i just click Pinball figuring i will bring him along since i am certain he will be able to help out a lot when trying to strike this thing.

Spoiler

yo @Pinball want to help me go and kill a snake? it is on the sixteenth floor, and i wouldn't mind some extra help killing it. Shouldn't be too difficult really with the two of us tackling such a thing.

With the message sent i lean against a house looking towards the teleport gate as i wait for my friend to show up.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an ordinary day for the spearsman. That being said, he wasn't particularly busy, although he definitely should've been. With the newly discovered Boss Fight, all the frontliners were in a frenzy to gather what they'd need to survive. Consumables were actually necessary for once, and Pinball had received an unprecedented boom in his business. Being one of the most active Cooks in the game, and being a frontliner himself, he was tasked with supplying players with the items they'd need to survive. 

Instead, Pinball lazed about his shop, sleeping. Sometimes in a chair, sometimes on his counter. He'd rarely be in the kitchen, and when he mustered up the willpower to actually do something, he left what he made lying about without a second thought, and went right back to sleeping. Pinball was in the middle of one such nap when the familiar ping of a notification woke him. It was from Hestia, asking for him to do a quest with her. Eager to please, Pinball rolled out of bed (figuratively speaking; he was sprawled across his shop's floor), and made his way to the 16th floor. He was there in an instant, the flash of the teleportation pad heralding his presence. He quickly made his over to Hestia, waving. "Hey-yo! Been a while!

I wait calmly where i am for what feels like months as i glance over towards my familiar with a curious gaze within my eyes. Do you think i am being impatient Kuro? I ask my familiar as he lifts up his head and gazes at me with a rather blank look before lowering his head once more. Lazy lion not even willing to talk with me to try and pass the time. I say with a pout on my face as i then sigh softly and looks up towards the sky with a neutral expression. Looking at the virtual sky as i consider what to do next within my plans of trying to learn what i can of the past, and how to handle the creature that will be within the swamp like area of this floor. Knowing that this quest is rather famous for being somewhat of a annoyance for those who don't have that search skill. I open up my menu once more and glance through the names looking upon the name of the first friend i had made within this game. Just giving it a long good stare as i then hear the teleport gate activate as i quickly close my menu to hide that i was looking upon it. When i see the familiar black haired spear user i smile rather happily at seeing the familiar face having time for myself even with all that needs to be made for the frontlines.

I get up from the spot i had found myself waiting for him as i look at Pin with a smile on my face. Nice to see you again Scorpion fighter how have you been doing? I ask Pinball with a amused and joking tone within my voice as i use the nickname that i had given him. My familiar Kuro quick to come to my side and wait beside me as i have my heavy armor equipped onto my person along with sword and shield that i have been using more so then the last since i haven't found a reason for using status effects that much. So then what have you been up to Pin? I ask after a little pause as i wait patiently to hear my answer.

"Hey, dude," he said, his voice losing its extroverted tone as quickly as it had come. "Sorry for the wait. I may or may not have stopped to fight a few monsters on the way here." Pinball shrugged, scratching the back of his head. "And Zomekko kinda hates me for putting her through so much so early. I've been out of the fray for a while." Pinball clicked his tongue, resting a single hand on the jar that contained the inky blackness that was his familiar. "But uhh, yeah. Nevermind that. What are we after here?" Pinball looked over to the tank, who stood wearing some of her usual attire. "Some snake thing, you said. Is this like a... tasty kind of food thing? Or is it a boss, or..." Pinball kept trailing off, tapping the tips of his fingers together. "Uhh." He turned. He took a step, then stopped. Looked back over to Hestia. Pointed towards the edge of the safe zone. "Is this the right way to go?

I look over towards Pinball and chuckles softly at his way of phrasing things and just shakes my head from side to side. My blue colored eyes having a look of amusement within them as i look towards you. You don't need to apologize about the wait Pinball it is only a small part of my day that i would've spent doing nothing anyways. Soo spending it outside is rather helpful then spending it indoors within my shop waiting for something to happen to me really. I say jokingly towards the spear user to try and cheer him up as i just nod my head. What we are after is a quest that will require a rather good eye to even see the creature we are going to fight. Which is why i would recommend switching over to something that can help you spot things if possible since otherwise this could be a long and slow battle. I say towards the spear user as i then look around the town trying to remember the correct direction as i open up the menu and reads over the quest. Mumbling softly to myself the details as i then slowly nod my head after reading it. yeah lets go that way Pin, but i will lead the way towards the creature since i am worried if you did your sense of direction might get us lost forever. I say in a joking tone of voice as i pass by the spear user and pats him on the shoulder with a smile. Trying to show that my words are only meant to be for good fun and not anything insulting. I begin to walk forward as i make my way towards where i remember the location is supposed to be at from what i have heard and learned from the information i had gathered about it.

"Oh, god," he grumbled, hearing Hestia point out that they might have difficulty even seeing the boss in the first place. "It's one of those monsters..." Still, Pinball had dragged himself all the way here, and even though there was a certain sense of danger lingering in the air, he wasn't going to leave at this point. Especially not with Hestia around to watch his back. Sullen, he swiped his menu open, his fingers swiping through the air. His menu opened with the sounds of bells. In an instant, his armor flashed and was gone, leaving Pinball in a plain, dark green shirt. Half of the shirt was tucked into his pants at the side, but only a single part; the rest of the fabric hung loose, covering his belt. It didn't matter much, though. With another tap of his finger, Pinball's form was enveloped in a long black cloak. The ends of the cloak were torn and jagged, worn with use, but the few tears in the fabric that had been present in the past were stitched up with an emerald green fabric, and the small badge of the Emerald Harbingers popped out in stark contrast of the dark cloak. Even with torn edges, the cloak still went down just past his knees, completely concealing his arms and torso. The hood was surprisingly long, and if Pinball were to pull it on, it would hang low past his eyes. Instead, he remained hoodless. The weather was fine, and he wasn't seeking anonymity. "Yeah," he chuckled, "let's just... get a move on, then.

I nod my head at the request to get moving as i accept the request as i make my way through the area to head towards the area where the snake is meant to be residing within. I glance back towards Pinball glancing at his cloak and noticing the green part of it as i just nod my head. Remembering having asked about it before out of idle curiosity. I make my way through the fields in relative silence with my familiar padding alongside me on my right as i glance on over towards Pinball. So then Pin how is your guild doing? How is Stryder and your guildmates responding to the whole three members going to the frontlines to fight the boss there? I ask out of curiosity, and to fill the silence of the walk since that is just uncomfortable to be doing when you have someone walking alongside you. I make my way through as we quickly enter a forest once we leave civilization as i glance about trying to spot when the swamp part of this floor is meant to be forming which would be signal enough to know the snake could be close by.

He walked in silence for a bit, trying not to let his cloak drag in the occasional spot of muck. The deeper they got into the floor, the wetter it got, and Pinball was realizing how something that wasn't a cloak would have been nice for his first guild uniform. Something that didn't drag behind me. He raised his eyebrows, upset over his lack of an equipped weapon. Something I could wear with a spear on my back. He couldn't complain, though. This was the first time he had gone out in days, and he appreciated both the company and the oppurtunity to get back into things. "My guild?" Pinball was strangely thrown off by this question. "Well, uhh..." He hesitated. Should he be completely honest? Pinball picked his words carefully. "Not much has happened, really. Guild activity is pretty low. Even with my little... break, I'm still one of the most active members. I might be the highest leveled member by this point, too." He shrugged again. "Actually, Hydra was still pretty tough," he mumbled, trailing off. He shook his head. "What about you? How've you been? Your guild? Anything, uhh... interesting happen?

I nod my head in understanding of the idea of one's guild not being that active after a certain period of time as i sigh softly that it doesn't seem to be just my guild being afflicted with what could only be called a curse if looked at it. I glance on over towards Pin and just gives a small smile of understanding. Sadly my guild is in the same place i am afraid. I do see them around enough to where i don't worry about them, but it is still nearly not enough that i am comfortable with. I only really talk to one guild member when i go back on home to the place that we are sharing since she didn't want me sleeping in my shop anymore. I say with a small frown as that fact hits my mind as i glance on over towards Pinball as i open my mouth and then closes it as i look away wondering how i should even phrase what i am going to say next in any capacity. I bite my lower lip as i then force myself to say the idea on my mind. Hey Pinball....what if your guild just..become totally inactive? What would you do then? Like not even Stryder was around to do things or anybody really just you. You knew all the other members were alive, but just not doing anything. What would you do in that situation? I ask the spear wielder out of curiosity.  Wondering what his answer to such a question would be. Knowing that for myself i don't have such a answer to that question yet within my grasp.

Pinball walked along in silence, nodding. It felt like guilds were dying left and right. Everybody must think going it solo is cooler, or something. It was agitating, to say the least, that people must be so small minded and selfish to keep to themselves in a situation like this. That's how people get killed. He didn't say anything after Hestia finished; he just clicked his tongue and kept walking. "Ah, well," he mumbled, "what can ya do." He was a bit taken aback, then, when Hestia sprung that question on him. Truthfully, it was a thought he had dwelled on in the past, but he was surprised to hear such thoughts coming from Hestia. Pinball raised his eyebrows, his eyes closing. "Well," he began, "if that happened... I wouldn't know what to do. I wouldn't have anything to do." He considered it for a moment. "That's like... the worst case thing. Because then I'd just go back to the way I was living before Atzo. And I don't really like that idea much.

I look over towards pinball and just nod my head in understanding of such a thought process within the spear wielder. That the idea of a guild dying out and being left to yourself is a frightening one for certain. I look down towards the ground as i hear Pinball say his thoughts on the matter as i nod my head in understanding. I think my answer would be is that i would ask my guild if they plan to help anymore. If they say no i would just leave the guild and go off to create my own. I wouldn't ever forget the family i had made in my previous guild, but a new guild i would have to create so people can have something to believe in. Something they could get behind and join if they believe in sticking around for as long as one is alive to fight for our freedom. I say in a quieter tone of voice as i look over towards the spear wielder as a determined and confident look is within my blue colored eyes. Even when i am speaking of such a frightening and scary future that would await such a event. If that were too occur and the same would happen to you Pinball i would request that you and i form this guild together, and if you care i could incorporate part of the name of the guild you are currently from, or from the other one this Atzo had made if you would wish to honor them. I say towards the spear wielder in a gentle tone of voice. Being entirely honest with him.

"Oh," was all he said for some time. Part of him had expected the conversation to drift to that topic. Even though he had partially expected her to say something along those lines, he hadn't prepared himself. Pinball was suddenly very flustered. "R-right, I, uhh. A new one. Right." Out of habit, he grabbed the back of his neck with a closed hand. Calm down. He considered it for a moment. After a bit more silence, he spoke. "If... if that were to happen to the both of us, and I'm still alive and not like, held back by anything... I'll do that with you, sure." Pinball bit his lip, squinting his eyes and looking off to the side. This conversation got really heavy all of a sudden. He straightened himself, walking with renewed purpose. "Yeah, sure. Why not." Pinball hopped forward once. "Let's go kill this thing now. I don't know where to find it, but it might be lurking around here somewhere... right?" Out of instinct, he glanced about his surroundings, trying to notice anything out of the ordinary. 

I look towards the spear user and sees the obvious nervousness with him that is more then the usual from him. Able to pick up the fact that he would prefer to move on from this discussion from how he is talking. Thank you for being willing to do say your thoughts on something that is a frightening though. I know it isn't something we would want to happen to the ones we love and care for within our families that are our guilds. Though we have to be prepared for such a possibility if our guilds are going down this route. I say towards the spear wielder and then drops the subject entirely from then on. Knowing it is a depressing subject for anyone within a guild to have to think about and possibly plan for. I look forward and gaze around seeing the swamp slowly come into view i glance around the swamp trying to find some kind of source for where the snake could be in all of this green swamp. I glance around and spots the snake right away as it slithers between the swamp as i quickly point towards it. we found the snake Pin. Now all we have to do is strike it. I leave that up to you really since this is your specialty. I say towards the spear wielder.

#102218  LD:17 snake found

@Pinball

They had traveled to a much swampier, muckier area, and his cloak dragged against the slick, sludgy water and occasionally got caught in thorns or snagged in rocks. The water went up well past his ankles, and the density of trees prevented him from charging the snake monster as he would want to. The long, green mob slithered through the trees, its slimy form leaving a thick trail of ooze that seemed to coat its entire body. It regarded the two players with a flick of its tongue, and with surprisingly frightening speed, slithered through, over, and around the trees towards Hestia and Pinball. "Oh!" He drew his spear in an instant, trying to keep track of the camouflaged snake. "I'm not really in my element here, am I," he grumbled, dreading the answer. 

The snake was on them in what seemed like an instant. It stretched its mouth wide, lunging forth, though not yet targeting a specific player out of the two of them. In a flash, Pinball retaliated, sending a flurry of spear blows and stabs into the creature's face. To Pinball's surprise, with each thrust of his spear, the blade slipped off of its skin and launched harmlessly into the air. "What the hell?" Pinball hopped backwards, putting some distance between them. It hissed and reeled back, its eyes narrowed to slits. With that, it was hostile. Its health bars appeared in front of its head - empty, at first, but filling with green in a matter of seconds, and its name was revealed; <<Hebishinu>>. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 40
Health: 800 | Energy: 80
DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [23/50]: Rank 3 - Expert

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>>

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Demonic] Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Cloak of the Harbingers: +3 LD
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Hit! [-17 EN] 
Hebishinu: ID#102219  BD: 7+3= 10 (Hit!) LD: 7+3= 10 (Success!) ~ 15*15= 225-100= 125 DMG  SAFEGUARD 

- Enemies - 

Hebishinu: 600/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 
<<Safeguard: 1/2>>
<<Must Roll an LD of 10+ to Qualify for Attack>> 

- Players - 

[H:0] Hestia: ??? 
[H:1] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 63/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

I look towards the creature as it seemingly blends into the water and nature as i just keep my shield up ready to defend against the creature wherever it may decide to strike at me. I keep a calm focus on my surroundings as i just try to get an idea of where the creature is and how i will have to combat against it. I keep a careful eye upon the waters as i suddenly see gleaming yellow like eyes as the creatures lunges towards me as i raise my shield and bats the snake away with a smile on my face at that as i try to check if i did any damage. Before i could do so the creature once more blends into its surroundings once more disappearing into the swamp once more. I glance around trying to get a sign of it but there seemingly is nothing showing where it is going or how to combat against it. Well Pin now is the time to strike against it.

#102220  CD:11 (+3 energy)   MD:1

Action: Focused Howl [-8 ENG] [+5 hate] [+3 ENG]

Stats:

Spoiler

- Enemies - 

Hebishinu: 600/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 

If lands 9-10 on MD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll
Slick Body: Hebishinu is covered in a slime that prevents attack from causing dam

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 137/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:0] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG 

Hestia howled, and Hebishinu disappeared once more into the foliage and muck of the surrounding waters. Pinball took a single step back, causing ripples to spread across the water's surface. All was silent again save for the island's ever present ambience. Pinball's eyes darted to and fro, but he caught no sight of the giant snake. How does something so big enter stealth so easily? It was then that Pinball wished he had became a scout like he had initially intended. This type of fighting isn't my thing... Suddenly, he noticed movement overhead. Unflinching, and without hesitation, he thrust upwards with his spear. On a hunch, Pinball conciously chose not to use a Sword Art, after his previous attack had failed. As he suspected, his spear slid off harmlessly to the side. A thin layer of ice started to form on Hebishinu's form, covering the creature's head, and slowly creeping all the way down the rest of its body. Pinball threw himself forward as the snake slithered down into the water in between Hestia and him, looking like part of a giant icecube. Its tail was still coiled around a tree branch. Luckily for Pinball, its attention still seemed to be on Hestia. "I think I can attack it now..

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Basic] Hit! [-1 EN, +1 EN] ~ 15-100= 1 DMG  SAFEGUARD + FREEZE
Hebishinu: ID#102222  BD: 8 (Hit!) LD: 15 (Sucess!) 

- Enemies - 

[FROZEN] Hebishinu: 600/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 
<<Safeguard: 0/2>>

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 137/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:2] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 63/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I look over towards the snake as i see it get frozen entirely in a nice thin layer of ice as i get within the first stance of my sword art as i feel the game giving me the go ahead very soon after. Well Pin lets test that theory shall we? I say in a questioning tone towards my partner as i charge forward letting the system guide me as i strike at the snake that just breaks out of its icy prison as i slice into it over and over again. My sword feeling like it is striking against stone with how impressively sturdy the scales of the snake are compared to how strong my attack feels like it should be. Once i finish my attack i watch the snake disappear once more blending into its environment from being the same color as it as i just back out of the water for safety. Keeping my shield up once more to block any incoming attacks towards me as i glance towards Pin's energy bar and nods my head seeing that it is fairly well off for the fight's entirety possibly for the moment.

Roll

Action: Legion Destroyer Hebishinu  [-11 ENG] [+4 ENG]

#102224   BD:8  16x11= 176-100= 76+24 freeze damage=100    MD:8(frozen)  LD:16  CD:8

Stats

- Enemies - 

Hebishinu: 500/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 
If lands 9-10 on MD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 130/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:2] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 63/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

As Hestia's sword bit into the scales of Hebishinu, sending shards of ice spraying in every which direction, Pinball took a single step back. The serpent wasted no time slithering away from the group, injured. Pinball's heart beat fast in his chest. He took a few steps closer to Hestia, wading through the ankle deep waters. The thrill of the hunt. Pinball winced, his head on a swivel, searching for any sudden movements... anything at all that stuck out. But he couldn't see anything. All that he saw was the swamp-like environment around him, and all that he heard was the chirping of birds and bugs. He paused, fidgeted with his spear. "H-hestia," he finally whispered, still looking around. "I don't see it. Where... where'd it go?" Pinball took another step closer to Hestia, gripping his spear anxiously. He could probably take a hit, but he sure as hell wasn't looking forward to it.

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Miss! [-2 EN, +1 EN] 
Hebishinu: ID# 102225 BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit!) LD: 5+3= 8 (Failure!) 

- Enemies - 

Hebishinu: 500/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 130/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:2] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 62/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I look towards Pinball for only a brief moment before focusing once more on my surroundings analyzing them slowly to get an idea of where the beast will be to get the best chance at striking it down with my blade. I get within the first stance of my sword art as i feel the blade begin to well up with power as i smile to myself at that activating. Pinball. I am going to need you to be calm. Consider these quest you go on a test. A way to prep for the ultimate beast you will fight. A floor boss. They are the greatest unknowns and you will never know for sure what you will fight. because of that you have to be fearless in the face of them, and this snake is a test of sorts lets say. A way to see if you can have nerves of steel even when faced with a unseen enemy. You must use your other senses besides sight to know where it is. I say towards Pinball in a calm tone of voice.

I look towards the water as i suddenly see yellow eyes as before i could even react i feel fangs sink into my neck as i grit my teeth and swings my blade cutting into the stomach of the snake as i stab it repeatedly over and over until it finally releases its grip upon my as i hold my neck. Feeling myself not feeling the best as the toxic venom status affect appears right next to my HP bar. Oh for the love of. I mutter softly under my breathe in irritation at having this happen to me.

Action: Legion Destroyer  (-11) (+4)

#102226  BD:6  CD:9  LD:15  176-100=76DMG   

#102227 MD:10 100-151=1(min) toxic venom T2

- Enemies - 

Hebishinu: 424/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 123/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:2] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 62/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

He wasn't scared. Or at least, that's what he kept telling himself. This thing couldn't be all that powerful. He could certainly survive a hit or two, even without Hestia's help. He had been closer to death before. Still, there was something about this monster quite unlike any other he had fought so far. Out of all of them, this creature's stealthy inclination had to be one of the most unique characteristics he had ever seen in a mob before. "I'm fin-" he began, instinctively jumping three feet backwards. He landed back in the water as he watched the giant snake bite into Hestia's neck, his eyes wide. "Jesus Christ!" Hestia started attacking the creature, and Pinball, shaking, tried to join the assault too. Luckily for him, the snake wasn't hiding, and it was too preoccupied with Hestia to notice Pinball's approach. Right before it slithered back into stealth, he unloaded a volley of blows, dropping its health bar. "Finally! A hit!

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Hit! [-17 EN, +1 EN] 
Hebishinu: ID#102228 BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) LD: 7+3= 10 (Hit!) ~ 15*15= 225-100= 125 DMG 

- Enemies - 

Hebishinu: 299/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 123/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:3] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 46/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

Edited by Pinball