[F16-PP] Snake Skewering <<Snake out of Water>>

I look over towards the snake as it slithers away as i get ready to attack once more getting within the first position of the sword art as i keep a steady eye upon the water. Keeping a firm watch i see the snake once more lunge from the swamp as i quickly activate my sword art planning to strike while i am able to do so. However, instead of landing a hit my sword bounces off of its fangs repelling it back while also doing the same for myself as i feel my health tick down ever so slightly from the toxic venom surging through my veins and then getting healed back up from my healing abilities. I rub the wound at my neck ever so slightly before focusing back on the beast as i raise my shield once more ready for a quickly repeated attack from the creature in vengeance of it failing to strike me once more.

Action: Legion destroyer

#102229 BD:5  CD:7  (-2) (+4)

#102230  MD:2+3=5

- Enemies - 

Hebishinu: 299/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 
If lands 9-10 on MD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll
<<Must Roll an LD of 10+ to Qualify for Attack>> 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 125/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:3] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 46/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fight was heating up. Which wasn't exactly hard, because this heat was stifling. Pinball found that the longer the fight dragged out, the easier his mind lost focus. Maybe it was the environment. Maybe he wasn't meant for fighting. Or maybe, there was something else on his mind that was destracting him. Pinball shook his head, his eyes shooting back over to Hestia and her exchange with the creature. With its stealthy inclination and quick attacks, Hebishinu was hard to keep up with. Pinball almost called out to Hestia, but thought better of it, instead trying to make out the snake's figure amongst the water and leaves. "...There!" Pinball leapt forward just as Hebishinu poked its head out from the trees. He caught good air, and Pinball rocketed towards the monster's coiled form, his spear lashing out with a vengeance. 

Hebishinu hissed upon impact, and began squirming and thrashing about the branch it was lashed around. Ice began to creep across its scales, slowly but surely covering its body. The intensity of the thrashing began to gradually slow, before eventually coming to a stop. Cold radiated from the creature in waves, its icy form preventing any attack it'd possibly hope to launch. Pinball took a step back. "Jesus..

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Critical Hit! [-17 EN, +1 EN] [Phase Proc] [Freeze Proc] 
Hebishinu: ID#102272  BD: 9 (Critical Hit!) LD: 8+3= 11 (Success!) ~ 15+1= 16*15= 225-50= 175 DMG + FREEZE

- Enemies - 

[FROZEN] Hebishinu: 124/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 
If lands 9-10 on MD, adds Paralyse or Toxic Venom. On CD, if the dice is 1-6, its Toxic Venom. If 7-12, its Paralyze, along with the +1 or +2 Damage from the roll

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 125/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:5] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 30/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I look over towards where i saw Pinball strike the creature, but then finds myself unable to spot where exactly it had gone and blended in toward as i sigh in frustration at losing the mark of where the beast had gone to as i glance on back towards pinball and just shrugs my shoulders not really knowing what to do here.  With a sigh i just back away as my sword art is forced to end burning up some of my energy as i then gesture for Pinball to go in for the killing blow if he can manage to find the creature within this swamp. I really don't know where it has gone off to. It is up to you to find and kill this thing Pinball. I say towards the scorpion fighter as i wait patiently feeling confident that we will be safe for the time being since the snake wouldn't have been able to move that much so Pin should know where it is.

#102289  BD:10  CD:12  LD:6 missed. (-2) (+4)

Action: Legion Destroyer

- Enemies - 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 127/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:5] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 30/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

The frozen creature, although slowly, had somehow managed to slink back into the shadows. Pinball didn't care too much; it was good as dead already. Judging by the size of its health bar, one last good hit from him would do it in. Instead, he looked to Hestia. She was apparently poisoned, according to the status effect icon next to her healthbar. Curiously enough, what health she lost shot right back up. Battle Healing, probably. Still, Pinball was inclined to ask. "Are you alright, Hestia?" He cast another glance out into his surroundings, trying to see if he could pinpoint where Hibishinu had gone, as it couldn't have well gotten very far. A cloud must have been passing over, because the lighting suddenly dropped. Pinball gave up the search. It'd probably lash out at one of them in a moment, and he'd take advantage of that. "That looked like it... should have hurt.

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Critical Miss! [-2 EN, +1 EN] 
Hebishinu: ID#102293 BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) LD: 14 (Success!) 

- Enemies - 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 127/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:5] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 29/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I nod my head towards Pinball giving the spear user a smile as i do so. It is nothing to worry about Pinball this fight is nothing at all to worry about. It'll be a practical breeze through the park. I say with a grin on my face and as i say that i see the snake lunge forward as i prepare to attack the creature in question, but to my surprise i see it lunge towards Pinball instead as my eyes widen in shock from that. Though a feeling of relief quickly following after such a shocking revelation for myself as i see the snake managing to miss hitting the spear user. 'it is a lot more difficult to know which they are targeting when you can't even see who they are eyeing up.' I think to myself in annoyance at now needing to predict when this thing could be going after my partner with an attack from literally nowhere it seems like.

#102294  BD:7  CD:6  LD:7 (+2 ENG)

#102295  MD:5-1=4 (attacked Pinball)

- Enemies -  

Hebishinu: 148/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 129/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:5] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 29/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG 

"A breeze in the park," Pinball echoed, his eyebrows furrowed. He'd never heard that expression before- whoosh! The sound of something big lunging forward pulled Pinball from his thoughts. He barely had time to react, but he somehow managed to side step the giant snake head that had shot out of the water. "Jesus Christ!" Wasting no time, Pinball hopped backwards again, then, rushing forward, unleashed Dimension Stampede. The flurry of blows collided with Hebishinu's body, each impact of his spear thrusts pushing the snake head further and further back. It let out a fierce hiss, writhed in the water, then immediately submerged itself. The snake swam away, leaving ripples in its path, though even those quickly faded. Then, all was silent. "I'm pretty sure it's nearly dead now," he said carefully, as if the monster would reappear in an instant. "Nearly finished, nearly finished.

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Hit! [-17 EN, +1 EN] 
Hebishinu: ID#102296 BD: 7 (Hit!) LD: 11 (Success!) ~ 15*15= 225-100= 125 DMG

- Enemies -  

Hebishinu: 23/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 129/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:5] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 13/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

I look as the snake gets absolutely stabbed over and over by Pinball as i let out a low whistle out how well this is going just because of the fact of having the spear wielder here to make this go by faster. I move on over towards Pin and sets my hand upon his shoulder as i activate energize to recharge his energy since it is rather low. Starting to think if it wasn't for the fact of having Pinball here this would be a very long and annoying fight that could go on much longer then it should have by myself. With such a thought i focus back on the snake trying to find it at all from any of the rest of the green swamp with which it is blending into. Finding nothing of the such i just relax as i quickly see the snake once more lunge towards Pinball and managing to miss the spear wielder by seemingly a mile from not knowing how to strike the vastly faster opponent that it is trying to kill with its fangs. I just shrug my shoulders not all that worried since Pinball seems calm enough to be able to strike the creature and win the fight just on his own from here on out.

Action: Energize  [-10] [+8]

#102307 MD:3-1=2

- Enemies -  

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 120/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:6] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 21/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG 

With the sliver of health Hebishinu had left, its death seemed inevitable, and not at all far off. One more hit would do it in; hell, Pinball figured he wouldn't even have had to use his strongest attack to finish it off, but with Hestia's Energize, he reasoned that it was best if he played it safe. After all, there was no accurate way to measure the amount of damage he would do, and not knowing the specific number of the creature's health didn't help things in that regard. Another one of Hebishinu's attacks came and went, and Pinball was feeling more and more relieved by the second. "We're almost done." The only problem was that the snake was gone as fast as it had appeared. It seemed that with its lower health, it was trying to be more careful with its attacks - at least, that's what Pinball thought was happening. He had no idea what kind of behavior the mob actually had, or if it was even that advanced. "Just have to wait for it..

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Miss! [-2 EN, +1 EN] 
Hebishinu: ID#102308  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) LD: 6+3= 9 (Failure!) 

- Enemies -  

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 120/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:6] Pinball: 800/800 HP | 20/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

I look towards Pinball as he manages to not spot the creature just like myself as i sigh in utter annoyance at this entire thing as i just hold onto my weapons ready to try and attack the creature when it would come out once more to try and strike the two players.  I spot the snake and smiles as i activate my sword art and charges towards the beast to try and attack the creature with a flurry of swings from my sword. The creature reacts by springing away by lunging towards you and digging its fangs into your neck like it had done to me to inject its deadly venom into your body. I sigh softly and shakes my head at this beast managing to just be the biggest annoyance within the world to be able to hide like it does by blending into nature and then strike whenever it wants on opponents who don't know where it is ever. Sorry pinball! I call over towards the spear user.

#102309  BD:2 CD:12 LD;12

#102310 MD:10   140 DMG+toxic venom T2

- Enemies -  

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 122/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:6] Pinball: 660/800 HP | 20/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG  (toxic venom 0/4)

Pinball looked around, the silence making him anxious. He heard a soft splash, turned... nothing. "..." Then, he felt something sharp pierce his neck. "ACK!" He instinctively grasped at what was clamping down on his neck, but it was too late. He felt a pulse throughout the entirety of his body as venom entered his system. Immediately the grip around his neck loosened and the snake slithered off, leaving Pinball clutching his neck. "Hestia!" He whirled his head around to face the woman. He gestured angrily up and to the left, where his health bar was in his personal HUD. "You're supposed to be the tank, damn it!" He laughed. "Jesus!" Pinball rolled his head, rubbing his wound now. "Toxic Venom..." He watched as another chunk of his HP disappeared. "Damn it, man." He heard another splash in the distance. This time, he didn't wait for the snake to make its next move. He leapt forward, delivering a swift finishing blow. Pinball spear finished the Sword Art through Hebishinu's head. Before the monster shattered, he lifted the snake into the air. Its jaw was slack, its tongue lolling out, and it slid down the shaft of his spear as he lifted it. "Finally." When the deed was done and the monster was killed, Pinball trudged through the water back over to Hestia. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] Hit! [-17 EN, +1 EN] 
Hebishinu: ID#102311 BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit!) LD: 11 (Success!) ~ 15*15= 225-100= 125 DMG 

- Enemies -  

Hebishinu: 0/600 HP | 100 MIT | 140 DMG | 2 ACC 

- Players - 

[H:5] Hestia - HP: 1465/1465 - EN: 122/142 - MIT: 151 - Thorns: 54 - EVA: -1 - DMG: 16 - Regen: +45 - BH: 73 - Rec: +3/CD:6
[H:7] Pinball: 644/800 HP | 4/80 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 15 DMG  (Toxic Venom 1/4)

Edited by Pinball

I glance over towards Pinball and gives a wince ever so slightly at his comment and knowing that while that was true the enemy was very close to death itself and he had been doing rather amazing in dodging all of its attacks. I rub the back of my neck while glancing away giving a ever so slight nervous chuckle as a response before saying ever so slightly hesitantly. Feeling more then a bit of guilt from having not protected Pin just because of how close the monster was to death. I..i'm sorry Pinball, but you have to admit we were rather close in killing that thing. Come on let me make it up to you. I say as i walk on over and puts my hand against the area where the snake bite had occurred as i activate first aid and starts to heal up all the damage that was done by the creature. Once i move my hands away i nod my head seeing that you are already back up to full practically from what had just happened. There you go good as new Pinball. Now we just head on back to town for us to finish this quest up. I say towards the spear user as i first glance around the area as i pause. Unless you would want to find a dungeon or chest. I have a few blank maps so i could record the location of where the dungeon was so we could come back here later. I offer towards the spear wielder.

First aid heals: 160 HP

He was surprised when Hestia seemed to take his accusation a bit more seriously than he had intended. Worried he had somehow gone too far with his joke, or that (as he usually found) that it wasn't obvious he was making a joke, Pinball shook his hands dismissively. "No, no, no," he chuckled nervously, "I was just kidding. You really don't have to." He accepted Hestia's heal anyways, and though the poison still persisted, it wasn't much of a threat. Not like it was much of a threat to begin with, at that rate. Pinball looked around. "Actually, yeah," he nodded, "I have a dungeon map here as well. Do you think..." Pinball rushed a bit deeper into the once-was battlefield, searching. Suddenly, he stopped. He shook his head. "Nah, nothing here. That's a shame." Pinball made his way back to Hestia, shrugging. "Ah, well.

Searching for T2 Sub-Dungeon: ID#102366 LD: 13+3= 16 (Nothing) 

Edited by Pinball

I smile a bit at Pinball trying to make myself feel better at the fact that i had in fact failed to do my job. Knowing that it was meant in some kind of good natured spirit of things, but in the end it was true that i am the tank and i didn't protect my teammate from the damage that was inflicted to him. It's fine Pinball i just feel like doing so after all i am a support and i want to make sure my friends can stay at maximum health points. I say towards the spear wielder as i then back away once he is back at full as Pin seemingly is eager for searching for a dungeon as he goes off to look for one. Myself just glancing around the area to find the way back towards the main settlement as i nod my head with a smile having figured the location from what i can understand of where our position is in relation to the place. At hearing the mention of no dungeon i just nod my head. It's fine Pinball not every place would have a dungeon possibly. we just got to keep a better eye out in the future is all. I say in a optimistic tone of voice as i then start leading the two of us back towards the main settlement.

"It kinda sucks I couldn't fine one, though," he sighed. Pinball felt his luck was horrible when it came to stuff like that. Fishing usually turned out to be near death experiences, and chests pulled Mimics more often than actual loot. "But it's whatever, really." Pinball trudged through the muck until the water got more and more shallow. Eventually they were finally walking on dry land again. They made their way through the forest, Pinball mostly silent. Then, he remembered something important that he wasn't sure if he had told her before. "Hey, Hestia," he said quietly, his head low and his eyes downcast. Immediately his tone picked up, adopting a more playful spin. "Did you know a group of pugs is called a grumble?" He paused for a moment. "And also that yellow rice is really just white rice with spices and stuff." Pinball kicked a twig, sending it flying into a bush. His hyperactive behavior had kicked in, and Pinball suddenly felt giddy and energetic.  

I just give a kind smile knowing that pinball did try his best in trying to find a dungeon that could be undertaken now, or in the future depending on how much energy the spear user had within him. i walk through the forest at the same pace as Pinball as i hear him talk so i turn my head towards him and chuckles softly at what he says. Well i didn't know that, but i guess i now know that encase i need to know such information. I say in a amused tone of voice as i then turn my attention back on not tripping over my own feet, or walking right into a tree as that would be rather embarrassing. So then Pinball do you think you're ready for the floor boss raid? I hear that it is starting up rather soon? I ask him curiously knowing that facing your very first can be rather nerve wracking having personal experience with such things since my first was the last floor boss that was taken down.

His giddy demeanor crashed as soon as it came. With nothing serving as a way to express his emotion, they vanished, and Pinball's heart sank when Hestia brought up talk of the upcoming boss fight. He felt a sudden rush of different emotions. Excitement, a hint of fear, and a dash of guilt. Excitement and fear that he would be joining the frontliners, pretty much the end goal of any player dedicated to the cause. Guilt, probably because he was a giant procrastinator and shouldn't be entrusted with crafting for the frontlines like he had been. Those were just his personal thoughts, though. "Uhhh," he managed to say, "sounds like it'll be... pretty fun. I guess?" He shrugged as he walked. They should be nearing the settlement by now. Just a bit further. "Honestly though, I'm not really sweating it. Whatever happens happens." He sighed. "We'll see how it goes.

I nod my head at hearing the response as i go over and pat Pinball on the back gently with a kind smile. Don't worry about this fight if you are. I put you and your guild friends in the safest group you could ever be in. You're with Calrex, and Zandra the best tank and healer in Aincrad basically. You're the safest you could ever be when in that fight. I say towards the Spear wielder to try and help calm some of the first fight nerves that he could possibly have in regards to the boss fight that is up ahead. I look forward and watches as the main settlement slowly comes into view as i smile rather happily at that. So then the people from your guild who had showed up at the boss meeting. The quiet one and Stryder. Are they both still coming or has one or the other dropped out of the fight since the boss meeting? I ask the spear user curiously to see if he knows and if there is a positive answer how to switch up the teams then, or at all.

@Pinball

• 1 month later...

Ultimately, Pinball decided, there was nothing really there to worry about. He was either going to make it out of the boss fight alright, or it suddenly wouldn't be his problem anymore. Shakily, Pinball nodded to himself, his resolve steeled. There's worse ways to go out. Though he had a bad feeling the pit of anxiousness sitting in his stomach wouldn't go away, it had dulled to an aching, yet slightly more bearable throbbing. "Yeah, I think so," continued Pinball with a shrug. "I can't really say for sure about the quiet... Hydra, but I know for certain that Stryder won't let me go by myself." There was a slight tug at the corner of his lips, and he allowed himself a small smile. 

There came a point where the forest's earthen floor gave way to loose dirt, and soon thereafter to sand. As Pinball broke free of the island's forest and officially stepped onto the beach, he turned to Hestia. "You shouldn't have let me lead the way. Is it just me, or did that walk feel like it took weeks? Good lord." He shook his head, then jogged closer to the shore. He looked left and right, then back to Hestia again. "Let's just head back to town. I led us off track. My bad.

I chuckle softly at Pinball's words as i nod my head towards the black haired spear user towards his question. Yeah that walk felt like it took much longer then it should have, but i guess that could be accounted for how quiet it seemed to be. You know the old saying time flies by when you're having fun, and well walking in silence isn't the most fun thing in the world. I say towards the spear user in a joking sort of tone as the duo continues to make there way towards the main settlement of the sixteenth floor after having killed the snake enemy with relative ease thanks to the fact Pinball can hit basically anything seemingly when it can count. Also, i will keep in mind to not let you lead the way if you have such a bad sense of direction, and with that said i will lead the way back towards the main settlement. I say towards Pinball to go along with either him actually saying that or just the joke in general as i begin leading myself and Pin towards the main settlement with confidence that i am going the right direction. having my familiar at my side.

And with that goal in mind, the two made their way down the beach and into the safe zone of the mostly aquatic 16th Floor. As was the usual for higher floors, there seemed to be more NPCs than players, and what players were on this particular floor seemed to be focused in on the area he and Hestia had just left, or the ocean, which Pinball knew held various different islands scattered across the map. As the teleporter came into view, Pinball turned to look at Hestia as he walked. "Well, it's been fun," he said with a dramatic sigh, shoving his hands in his pockets. While the fight had gone on longer than most he usually engaged in, the skirmish still wasn't terribly time consuming in the grand scheme of things. In his experience, most fights (aside from boss fights, he figured) only lasted about a minute or two depending on the mob in question. So why do I feel like it took so long? Pinball shrugged the thought away, chalking his exhaustion up as the walk's toll on him. "I'll see you around. For the boss fight, yeah?" He said this as he took a few steps onto the teleporter, offering a small, dismissive wave. "Well, wherever it is, I'll probably see you again soon. Take it easy." And with that, Pinball vanished in a burst of blue light.