[PP-F08] Sizing down Trees (Kasier)

Hazado was most of the times walking about seeking new things to do, Always looking away from people and staying out of contact for some time, His friends that he made did not like it for a bit, but he always said he just needs to do it. Hazado self didn't really like groups and people at all, mostly because of his past. He always kept to himself but once he made friends he got into fighting with someone, but his old habit of being alone didn't change at all. Thinking to himself what to do if he wanted to protect the people he loved, And then it came to him. As the looked at his friend's list he spotted some people who he wanted to ask but sort after he changed his mind.  I'm not dragging people into my problems and tasks, I Hazado need to do this alone.

As he came to floor 8, the floor that was almost covered in trees. Hazado was not really happy how warm it was outside on this floor right now, he walked over to one of the Settlements where he could stay before moving on. <<Friben Village>> was not far away and was most of the times calm and easy to go in. He came into the settlement and looked around, not many players walked here, but there walked some NPC's around. Looking at the board first Hazado didn't see anything interesting to do, Thinking about it now Hazado got an Idea. He took some paper and wrote down, Tank Needed come to the Inn of this Settlement. First off he didn't want to do it but remembered what his friends said to him about making contacts with new people.

As he walked over to the Inn of the settlement he saw more player inside than outside, It was cold in here and that took Hazado for a surprise. Many of the players that were in here were just sitting still some were talking about things. He even overheard about how sad things are and that some people lost their friends already, not thinking about it he sat down at the end of the inn. He sat there slowly nobbing into one of his nightmares he has been getting lately.

@Kasier

Edited by Hazado

Got it. Kasier thought, charging forwards and diving at the apple that she had shook from the weakened apple tree of the first floor. With the tip of her finger, she made contact with the plump, red apple, that would certainly be useful in her cooking profession, only for the apple to be tipped away, and all she could do at that point was watch as the potential material fell to the ground with a loud thud, creating a spill of blue and purple crystals that evaporated into the sky. Kasier sighed, stomping her feet against the floor once she stood up and dusted herself off. Without any scouting skills, she found it awfully hard to do anything in obtaining a material that could help with leveling her up in her profession. She was having a bad morning in terms of material gathering, and this had been one of the earliest times that she had woken up. Kasier sighed once more, sagging on in her quest for materials. 

It was then that she realized that perhaps she should stop searching for materials on this floor, and go up on the higher floors to search for the items that she could use to help her with cooking. The first floor was always low on materials because this was the floor that most players spend most of their floor. Instead, she can go up to the eighth floor - the floor filled with giant trees and frequent apple dropping from so high up that it seems like it's raining them. Besides, she has yet to explore the villages of the floor, so without another thought, she made her way up to the eighth. "Tank needed," Kasier read, "Eight floor. I'm sure I can handle anything on this floor." She shrugged, walking into the hollowed out tree that was the main attraction of this floor. Inside, there would be many players and NPCs trying to get around, so it would be hard to find whoever wrote the note. "Let's see here." She mumbled to herself, scanning the room with the note in her hand.

@Hazado

Dosing off Hazado got one of the many nightmares he was getting. He saw himself on the ground laying in the fields of floor 1 right in front of him where he friends lying dead on the ground, He fell on his knees and looked at the bodies off his friends. Scared of everything at that point he heard a voice behind him. "Now it is your turn" and as he looked behind he saw a shadowy figure right in front of the sun, taking out his weapons and holding it to his neck. "WHO ARE U" He yelled but nothing. As the shadowy figure hold back his sword ready to hit Hazado. Just before the sword was going to hit him he woke up with a shock. His armor made a really loud noise and most of the players looked up to him But looked away fast meaning he was the only person in heavy armor.

Hazado was a bit ashamed that everyone saw him jump up like that, But he knew they weren't in any better place to judge him for it. The waiter came and asked him what he wanted to drink "Just Some water please." He said this with one tone voice, He couldn't put up with the happiness that was surrounding him at this point just because of the nightmare. As he rubbed his eyes he started to look around for anyone that as a hold of the note he wrote, His eyes spotted this blonde haired girl. He stood up walked over to her, "See you have my note, Why don't we sit over there and talk business" He said this without any emotion and just stared and led her to the stools he was just sitting by.

@Kasier

Kasier suddenly heard a scream from the side as if someone was under attack. Her first response was a step towards that particular direction, in case there was some how a method for which players could kill in the safe zone. The voice had been of a man's and the surprising yell in the middle of a quieter place was quite a surprise for both players and NPCs who were currently inside the place. Once everyone realized that nothing was wrong around here, they went back to the own businesses, drinking coffee, drinking whatever the heck they were drinking. Kasier sighed, calming down as she, too, realized that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the place at that particular moment. 

Kasier glanced at the guy who had made the scream, what a weird dude, she thought, shrugging as she continued to look for the owner of the note. Then, the same man who had made a scene came walking towards her to get her attention. Kasier smiled a fake smile, before following the man down to one of the stools that the guy had been sitting on. Kasier coughed, clearing her throat. "Business? Let's first talk about what you need. There are certain things that I cannot follow through with," Kasier exclaimed. These things mainly included quests where the boss is far too difficult to deal with. "Let's talk about what you need for now. Why is it that you need a tank? I assume that it is for a quest or a boss or something of the sorts?" Kasier asked with a questioning tone. "Oh, and water for me as well," Kasier said, watching as the waiter came to the table with a cup of water for the man. Kasier really wasn't thirsty, but she decided that it would be polite to get something to drink for courtesy reasons.

@Hazado

As Hazado just realized what went wrong with his note the put down he spoke up "I messed up a bit, I don't need a tank I'm one myself, I was asking if anyone needed a tank... I ... I'm a bit sorry if I made you come thinking you needed to tank."  He sighed and clearly looking a bit nervous because he messed up his note. As he gets a bit more nervous because he realizes that all the people that he met were girls. Hazado was still wondering how he was still so call in his voice while his heart was raising, This is something new to him he never really got out there with people and helped them.  "I ... Sorry, a bit lost in my own mind"  as he takes a sip of his water "Name is Hazado or Haz for sort" He said this almost like it was his real name but he already got used to calling himself Hazado. He was looking so calm but while his heart was racing so fast he didn't know what to say.

Then it came to his mind She was the only one that jumped into action after his he woke up almost screaming.   "And again ... Sorry, if I made you worried there. You were the only one that jumped in"  He said calmly and in one tone. He really did not want to be here and had no energy once he woke up from his nightmare, It took almost all of the energy that he had at once. "But yeah, As I said I messed up a bit there,  I never wanted someone to help me, I just want to help others."  He paused a bit thinking about the words he was going to say next, he didn't want her to come all this way for nothing. "I have an idea, Why don't I help you in whatever you want. so we don't leave both empty handed"  As he took another sip of his water.

@Kasier

Edited by Hazado

Kasier scratched her head before looking at the note again, and then looked back up at the guy. "Tank needed," She read out loud, looking questioningly at the man who seemed like he needed some work on grammar when writing notes. Kasier sighed, before nodding to the waiter who had come to deliver her the water that she had asked for. "I'll go with Hazado. My name is Kasier," she introduced herself, "of the Celestial Ascendants." She cleared her throat, wondering what she would go do now that her plans had been ruined. She had no need for a tank at the moment, in fact, she was a tank herself, just a mediocre one, but one that can do the business when she is needed. 

"What was that, by the way? The scream. Do you have a habit of screaming randomly in public locations?" Kasier asked, "and it was kind of stupid of me, since there cannot possibly be danger in the safe zone." Kasier exclaimed, when he apologized for potentially worrying her with the public scream. After that, the guy offered to help her with something, so the two players don't leave empty handed. "Well, all the quests that I have yet to complete are high-tier ones. You may be able to help me out with them... what's your level?" Kasier asked. "If you aren't high-level enough, I guess we can go gather some materials or something." 

@Hazado

He looked up from his cup of water back at Kasier, "Well ... It's not just something I normally do, Just ... had a bit of a nightmare, really don't want to talk about it. Clearly, he looked not to be in the mood of talking about anything in that matter, one of the reasons he came here is just to blow off some steam without his friends getting into his way off being so reckless.  "My level well I'm level 8 right now, I know it is not that high at all... I can clearly tell that those quests you mention aren't anything good for me. So ..." He pauses and lets out a deep breath. "Yeah, they aren't any good for me, so if you want we can do the second thing." Hazado was so calm at this point of the fact that someone with a much higher level choice to stick around with him. He was still ashamed of what happened and slowly he was going to feel down about himself not being any good for anyone around him

Hazado took a sip of his water again "If alcohol had an effect I would be using it now, cus this game makes you feel like a train wreck"  He said to himself. He looked up to Kasier again, she must have been around the same age as him. But as he looked at himself he looked much older than most people around here just because he was 5,9 and had a big body with muscles, so it must be looking weird for some looking older then he is to act like there was nothing left  "So where do you want to get the Materials, Floor 8 is big with its rivers and all... so where do we start." Hazado asked waiting for a response from the blond girl.

@Kasier

"Nightmares? Quite early in the day to have one when you should be out there fighting monsters and collecting loot, huh?" Kasier exclaimed, nodding to the waiter who had come to collect her empty cup of water. "And alcohol ain't ever the solution, is it?" Kasier asked, but rhetorically. She knew that alcohol was never the solution, which was why her family and herself had never touched the drink because it is not only harmful to the liver and the body, it is also potentially damaging to personal relationships with other people, and Kasier could not imagine that. She hated the idea that her mind could be impacted in such a drastic method by an exterior influence. Hence, she would never touch the drink, no matter how sad she becomes... but the choice to drink was made by other people, and she had no right to judge others on this decision. "Not that it would do anything in this game anyways. I'm sure you wouldn't get drunk no matter how much you drink." Kasier concluded, looking around and getting more comfortable on the wooden chair that she was sitting in. Plus, it tastes disgusting. I don't know how some people do it.

"Well, since we're going to rivers. I suppose there would be plants around the river bank that we can collect. We'll see what materials are around once we get there." Kasier exclaimed, standing up and pushing in the chair with one smooth motion. Honestly, she didn't particularly plan to spend today with material gathering, but since the opportunity has risen for her to gather some materials quickly, she would take advantage of it. With that, Kasier led the way out of the tavern.

@Hazado

"I don't usually drink alcohol but I was hoping it would make me feel better, but as the game just gives you the taste of it there is nothing else than some bitter taste." He said, It was true there for. Alcohol was just nothing like the same as IRL here it was just the taste of bitterness and that was all. So drinking it was useless for most people so he just wanted to try it but, when that day will come he would be around the end of all of this. Hazado was not really keen on the material gathering but if he was asked to come he would be happy to join Kasier.

As Kasier stood up so did Hazado, moving to the exit of the tavern as he opened the door for her "Lady's first." He said to her while holding open the door. once outside he would be starting to look around at some of the players around here, there were not many players here only some people who had the same idea as they did. "To the rivers, we should go, I will just take the lead if you don't mind, my armor has Thorn so I will do just fine." He said walking to the exit of the settlement.  "By the way Kasier, What level are you anyway. At how you talk and you do I think you much higher level than me then. What was it that you said yes to my thing that I help you out with things." He said really wanting to know what a girl like her was going to do with a guy like him. It was not really clear to himself and while they walked to the exit of the settlement, it was the only thing that was on his mind at that point, because of nobody that high of a level should be around someone like him.

@Kasier

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 101608
LD: 9

"How can you possibly tell how high-leveled I am from how I speak? And I invited you to come along because of why not. I would be material gathering even if you didn't come along, but I wouldn't mind company, I suppose." Kasier explained. She had no idea what a high-leveled player talks, because she had always been talking like this since she was around level 10 or something. She had not changed the way she talked just because she had become higher-leveled. The way she talked according to her own perception of herself is just a serious tone, because that's her personality. She hated revealing herself in public, which is why she spoke in a tone-less voice. However, this was far from the cockiness that she knew some of the front liners had. Maybe she was just being interpreted in a wrong manner. Or maybe he just heard something else in the way she talked that led him to believe she was high-leveled.

"I'm around level 40. Not that high, actually, but I would like to say it's quite a good level to be at at this point in the game. I'm still working hard to get higher-leveled." She finished, looking around the river banks to check for mushrooms that can spawn there. Unfortunately, it seems that the mushrooms had already been picked up by the numerous crafting professionals on this floor. This floor is the most populated out of all of them, after all, so it's not a surprise that a lot of the materials had already been picked up and used. "We need to get far away from the entrance of the safe zone if we want to find anything that hasn't already been picked up by other players."

Materials: 0

@Hazado

"well At the way you sound so cold, and no hope." Hazado says as he pauses in his speech "NOT THAT IS IS A BAD THING, IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE HIGH PLAYERS HELP THE WEAKER ONES" He said in a toon almost something was going to hit him. It was true the people he spoke to were most around his level and talk much happier and more open most of the time. Even he met some of the cockiness of some of the higher leveled players around ar to him. Thinking about it thought made it a bit clear tho "But ... Kasier I know one thing. At least you are not some kind of high-level solo player that lets everybody behind." He said to her with a calm and smiled. "Level 40, In my eyes that is still high, But if you think you can become better then go ahead I will trust you if you think you can do it." He says after she announced her level, He was really good to hear that even the higher players that there dreams.

Looking around while walking for a bit He hears Kasier say that they needed to move more away from the safe zone, it was true however there would be monsters out here, why won't be a problem to Kasier but they would to Himself. Following Kasier His eyes spot something as it was he yelled over to Kasier "Hold Up I think I see something" as he walks over to the side of a big tree pushing away some vines he gets out a Crafting Material. "one against zero" He said with a smile.

ID: 101693

LD: 17 (Success)

Materials: 1

@Kasier

ID: 101714
LD: 2

"Like I said, I'm simply realistic. One player cannot defeat a boss no matter how strong he is. It's a team effort, and right now we need to get everyone on the front lines, so players like us have to be willing to sacrifice some of our time to help out those who aren't able to do everything by themselves." Kasier said, scanning the area real fast, but she was unable to see anything that could be of use to her in the kitchen. It didn't really matter though, since she had not cooked in about a few months now, and should probably get back to doing that for the front lines. Kasier sighed, realizing that she is not succeeding at the luck game today. That's all there is to it really, luck, if you don't have the skills to boost it, of course. Kasier continued, "We've all been there once, and I still can't do anything by myself since I'm a tank and a healer combination. Without everyone working together, this game would never be beat, and we would all just die one by one."

She stretched slightly, fixing her hair after she did so. "Besides, it's not like I'm helping you with anything. I need the materials too." She finished, walking away further so she can continue to look for these materials in a different location to get a better chance to find one of these materials that seemed so hard to find.

Materials: 0

@Hazado

• 2 weeks later...

"I can understand that Kasier, I know that people need help there are a lot of players that still didn't leave beginner town. So I want to help some of them but it seems I need help as well" He said as his armor moved him down a little bit. Hazado knew clearly enough that he as a pure tank needed some help if he ever wanted to make it to the frontlines even tho he had not that many friends to go around with he still comes a long way. True because of his armor he could easily take out the monsters on the lower floors but he could never go as high as the 10th floor yet. "I Just like to help the people that want to fight but don't want to take a risk to die in combat, that manly one of the reasons I took the choice to be a Tank, And just to project myself  I use my spear to keep at least a bit on distance between the monster and myself."  He said knowing that not many players wanted to become a Tank just because the would take a lot of damage from monsters and he could really appreciate that Kasier had taken on the role of a Tank and healer at the same time.

He looked around as it seems like that there were not that many Materials to be found around here. It was like he was thinking before there must have been already players here that took some of the materials but did not take all. Then the thought came to him "Wouldnt it help if we started to hunt for some monsters, they have the best way of dropping items and materials and maybe get some extra things out of it."  He said with a questioning look on his face as if he really didn't know if Kasier wanted to hunt for some monsters or if she wanted to look around for some items by the normal way what was much harder then the normal thing. Yes true It would be dangerous if they did start to hunt monsters Even if it was floor 8 "Okay, I may be wrong here, as ... well, It could end up more dangerous, so ignore my last question."  He said clearly knowing that he was not ready to face any monsters this early.

ID: 101972 

LD: 11 (failed)

@Kasier

"As a tank, you do need help. But once you get stronger and stronger, you'll be able to help players and save lives with the amount of damage that you absorb. Once that happens, you'll be happy that you chose the tank build." Kasier exclaimed, not even looking for materials at this point. She didn't feel like doing much searching right now, because with her recent luck, her chances of hitting a material jackpot today were very low. She'll need to buy some equipment if she wanted to increase the rate at which she can find materials. That'll just have to wait though, because Kasier was a queen of procrastination.

"I doubt that you'll be able to use your spear as a weapon any time soon, since you'll probably be focusing on the tanking skills most of the time," Kasier continued, looking at the tank. Who knows whether he will be a successful front liner in the future? Some people are able to tell just from looking at an individual, but Kasier can't, which is why she treats all the low-leveled players equally. The key to leveling isn't that complicated in this game - it's just a combination of persistence and a small amount of game sense.

Kasier nodded when Hazado suggested that they should kill some monsters for a more efficient material gathering session, but Kasier knew what was wrong with the suggestion. "In order to get loot, we must fight monsters that match my level, which would be way out of our league since neither of us deal damage." Kasier explained, "For now, just continue like this, I suppose. Maybe you can use the materials for some fresh gear... armor is quite important for a tank, you know."

@Hazado

He understood the basics of the world he lived in now and knew that fighting a monster here for loot would be hard. Hazado was not the best in the luck game that you had in this world and it was clear that he really didn't like the system just because of he always runs out of luck on the worst moments. It was a good idea for him to use the Materials he found on his armor to get better armor, It was true that his armor right now was also good but for the higher floors it would make a bit of a weak armor.

"Kasier,  If I may ask. Have you been helping lower level people most of the time?" He asked as he looked at her he continued talking "By any change, Have you met someone with white hair, Small and very and I mean VERY energetic. And if so How is She doing" He said this like he knew a person with this perfect description, but of course he knew the name of this player but maybe Kasier forgot the name. The girl he described as his friend Sunova he met from another game. "If you don't remember, then well I have to keep hoping she is going alright and she will do her own thing," He said as he started to look around to see if there were any materials around

Hazado was looking around really good in the hopes he found at least something useful but it was no good at all as it was really hard to find any, True it became simpler if you had the right items but as long as you didn't have them you were mostly just lurking around looking at nothing. "Having No luck here in finding Materials, Maybe if we move more over there." As he pointed at the side of the river where there were many sticks and leaves on the side of the river and not that far away was some sort of beach at the side of the river. He still remembers the first time he got in contact with people and that was at a beach party. weird how someone so big was the most awkward guy in the world but still at least nobody called him a big softy yet.

ID: 102100

LT: 3 (failed)

@Kasier

ID: 102182
LD: 15

Kasier browsed the ground for more materials that she could fit into her inventory when the man brought up a white-haired girl that instantly perked her interest. She remembered hearing about a man who she met through gaming, and the connection was easily made because the white-haired girl had made such an impression on her. This guy, however, did not appear to have the stand-out personality that matches Sunova's. Kasier couldn't jump to the conclusion that Sunova is who this guy is talking about, and she didn't just want to bring about her username without learning more about this particular player.

"Believe it or not, there are actually plenty of players in this game with white hair, so your description is too general, I would think. I've met a few in the past, and quite a bit of them are energetic, some even extraordinarily intelligent." Kasier exclaimed, moving a different location for more materials when she accidentally kicked something. When she looked, she saw a mushroom that was perfectly fine for picking. Gratefully, she walked over, picked it up, and put it into her inventory. "We're tied now." She quickly remarked, continuing to look on the ground for more materials as they continue to converse. However, from what she could tell, there weren't much around left, so she agreed with Hazado that they should move on to a new location near the river. Without suggesting it directly, she began walking to the designated location.

"Anyways, if you can give me more details on this girl, I might be able to give you something."

@Hazado

T1 Materials: 1

As Kasier Asked to give some more details about the girl he then holds his hand to his chin. "Let's see, From what I know from her is that she has yellow eyes, eeh... can be loud very loud, likes to get close and personal with people." He said as he remembers it right how she always wanted to meet him IRL  "Yeah... um, She would have a great fighting spirit, Think she mentions being trained by her grandfather, in using a weapon."  As she held his hand to his chin again thinking about his friend. "Great support in other games... always end up saving her ass. But otherwise, she would be a great strategist. Small temper in combat though, she doesn't like to miss things" He said as he smiles a bit as he remembers all the things he did with her.

Looking around for some materials was hard and he did not find anything useful to use as armor.  "Su would have been raging by now... ha she would not be happy having this much bad luck. Always liked how I always end up calming her if she started raging about her luck. I'm always so positive it gave her some self-confident if she would call it herself"  As he looks up at the sky wondering where his friend would be, Maybe his friend was still stuck on floor 1 or maybe she has already passed him and is going somewhere without him.  "I know at least one thing, She is still alive, I check the monument almost every two or three days, Luckily her name has not shown up yet. That is as much As I know from her, Never met her in real life, Must say she is here because of me, so I feel a bit guilty" He says not having any luck trying to find some materials.

@Kasier

ID: 102192

LD: 1

T1 Materials: 1

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 103229
LD: 14

Kasier nodded, checking for one more material before inspecting the man once again. The description does oddly sound like the girl that she had just met a couple of days ago. Everything matches, so Kasier felt a bit safer if she was to release any information she had on Sunova. Still, it doesn't hurt to be cautious, so she won't straight-up say it. 

"I think I know a girl like that. I met a girl that matches your description a couple of days ago. She was very talented at the art of sword fighting, but she constantly insists on becoming a support. I'll bring you to her when I have some free time to see if she is indeed the girl that you're looking for. Plus, do not blame yourself for bringing a player into this game. Fate is not something that can be blamed, you just need to deal with it. With her in the game, you'll probably find it much easier to discover the courage to overcome the obstacles of this world." Kasier exclaimed.

@Hazado

Hazado Looked around for some more materials but of no complete luck, even knowing that it was luck made it not any easier. As he waited on a confirm or even a deny from Kasier to see if she knew his friend whom he brought to this world. As he looked around just a little bit he hits his head against a tree branch and quickly acts like nothing happens, even if Hazado did not try to make it awkward by him falling completely still it was hard for him, he did not really like interacting with others but he knew he must, or he would be hanging back for a long time.

Kasier then said that she knew a player with the description of his friend and said that she was very talented in the art of a sword fighting, but he knew that she could turn completely nuts if she was getting into much combat or even if she would end up losing because of some stupid system or rule "Sounds like Su for sure, She always went healer in other MMO's so I think that's why, but I see why a DPS would be handy for her to now that it is VR. She once told me that she used to train with her grandpa and did some official fighting championships, but most of the time she would end up getting disqualified or just get really mad because of some rules. And all the times she came to me online to lose a lot of steam." he smiled knowing that his friend was completely safe even more than before.

@Kasier

Role ID: 103272

LD: 3

Kasier yawned. She was feeling rather tired at the moment, and she had had enough of the material gathering. Luck hadn't been on the two players' sides, and Kasier did not feel like continuing with the material gathering would produce any more materials than they had already. In all honesty, she wanted to go home and sleep for a couple of hours before getting out again for some more material gathering. Kasier sighed, "That definitely sounds like someone I know. Her name is Sunova... we're probably talking about the same girl, and your description certainly sounds like this person I met a couple of days ago. I know where this girl is... and I can show you her location. However, that will come a different day. For now, I want to return home and sleep for a bit. I'm feeling kind of tired from all this material gathering, and it's not exactly producing great results." Kasier turned around and began to leave. A couple of steps in, however, she waved a goodbye in pure politeness.

Thread Complete:

Both Players: +1 SP, +200 Col, +1 T1 MAT