[PP-F3] Not a Coincidence This Time <<Worn out Welcome>>

To: @Froppy

Hey, Tsu. I'm taking this really low-leveled quest on Floor 3 (the one with the Dark Elf mob) and I'm a bit bored. Wanna come along and hang out? I'm sitting near the settlement's main exit, by the way.  ^-^

Such was the content of the boring, uninspiring PM Arabelle sent to one of her friends. Well, maybe Tsu wasn't even a friend. Maybe just an acquaintance. They haven't actively spent time together outside of the two parties they'd seen each other in (and yet another coincidental meeting while they were out gathering materials) and Arabelle wanted to change that. Aside from the occasional passive-aggressive jabs the frog girl threw at a certain person she didn't like, Tsu seemed like a pretty nice girl. Maybe...just don't bring up her ex, Arabelle thought to herself as a reminder. Even so, the curious side of hers always springs at the worst time. 

Arabelle sat down on a bench, her lovely, lovely black and green scythe on her lap. It greatly clashed with her current outfit: a plain turtleneck cream-colored shirt with long sleeves, tucked into high-waisted dark brown shorts. She crossed her legs, knee-high brown combat boots crunching against the gravel, and brought up her PMs as she waited. 

Spoiler

BATTLE STATS

~STATS 
Level: 7 - 15 SP
140 HP
14 Energy
5 Damage
1 Accuracy
2 Paralyze

~EQUIPPED
» [T1 - Perfect] Shikama Dōji -- Enhancements: Paralyze, Paralyze, Accuracy 
» [T1 - Vanity] Starter Light Armor

~BATTLE-READY INVENTORY
» 3 Starter Healing Potions (heals 50 HP)

~SKILLS
Rank 2 - Two-Handed Battle Axe (+4 DMG, access to rank 2 sword arts)

E - 

~SWORD ARTS
Two-Handed Battle Axe

Rank 1
» [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
» [x2 AoE] Smash (2 Energy + 2 per target hit) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.
Rank 2
» [x3 AoE] Lumberjack (3 Energy + 2 per target hit) - Three wide sweeping strokes aimed at multiple targets.
» [x3] Ultimate Breaker (3 Energy) - A pair of uppercuts that finish with a vertical slam to the target's head.

Tsu was in her shop, tidying up the place and making sure the place was ready to go when she received a message from Arabelle, asking if Tsu wanted to hang out after doing a quest. Tsu hadn't really met Arabelle outside of the two parties and the coincidental material gathering, so it would be nice to actually get to know her. Tsu quickly changed out of her uniform and into her normal green shirt and skirt, before leaving and warping down from floor 10 to floor 3. Tsu found Arabelle shortly and hopped over to her. Tsu had her rapier with her, but it was more of a sidearm just in case. "Hi Arabelle, ribbit. Good to see you again, it's fun hanging out with you. But I won't be too much help in combat, since I just have ranks in healing, rrrrrrrribbit." Tsu said, sitting down on the bench beside her. It was good to finally meet Arabelle properly, or at least not just a coincidence.

Spoiler

Tsu's Stats

Level: 11

23 SP

220 HP

1 DMG

1 MIT

Skills:

Rank 4 First Aid

Equipped:

Tadpole Rapier (Bleed)

Tadpole Helmet (+1 MIT)

Arabelle blinked up at Tsu as she approached, dressed in an all-green outfit. That was fast. Seems like the girl was also bored and looking for a chance to hang out with someone. "Hey, Tsu!" she greeted with a small wave. She was almost tempted to say 'ribbit' back at the girl but quickly lost the opportunity to as the player moved to sit beside her. Arabelle moved over and rested the blunt end of her scythe against the ground to make space for Tsu on the bench. She leaned forward with a lazy smile, her head bumping the shaft of her weapon. "Healer build, huh? I didn't really take you for the healer type...no offense. But that's fine, that's fine~. Take care of me out there, okay?" Having said that, she stood and took the girl's hand in hers. She held her scythe with her other hand and started them off, leading the way to the NPC armorsmith's house. "Come on, let's get this quest over with so we can play!"

While walking, Arabelle glanced at Tsu's outfit once again. "Say, do you also like the color green?"

Tsu didn't say anything but just smiled and went along with Arabelle as she held her hand. She was a little bit hyper in Tsu's view, but Arabelle seemed like a nice girl, so it would be fun to spend time with her. Arabelle said that she didn't expect Tsu to be the healer type, and then added that she meant no offense. "None taken, ribbit. I just prefer to heal over combat, since there are so few healers in this game. Someone has to do the job right, rrrrrribbit?" Tsu said, explaining herself. Then Arabelle asked if Tsu liked green and she nodded her head. "Yes, green is my favorite color, ribbit. Since I'm froggy, green just naturally became my favorite color. It fits me like purple fits you, rrrrrrrribbit!" Tsu answered, walking up alongside Arabelle. "So, what did you have in mind for us to play once we finish this quest, rrrrrrribbit?"

"Yeah," Arabelle agreed in response to Tsu's explanation of why she chose to become a healer. "Out of all the people I've met, I think you're the first who has a healer build. Heck, I think I even forgot about SAO's support players 'til you came along. It's a nice break from all the DPS and tank players, even though that means I'll be taking all the hits." A grin formed on her face as the frog girl explained that green was her favorite color. "Oh, it's mine, too! Purple's kind of my second favorite and I only dyed my hair purple cause when I had it green, it looked terrible." Arabelle held up her scythe with both hands so that Tsu could see the scythe's green blade. "I particularly like this shade of green. And maybe the lighter shades of green, too. That aside, I guess you really go with the frog theme, huh?" 

Arabelle assumed a thoughtful expression when Tsu asked her what she had in mind after they were done with the quest. "Uh. Ahahahahaha, I guess I really didn't plan that part. Got any ideas?" Before she could react to Tsu's suggestions (if she had any), Arabelle spotted the quest-givers' armor shop. "Hold on. I'll just pop in and accept the quest real quick and then come back out." With that, the small purple-haired girl opened the shop door and stepped in. 

Edited by Arabelle

Tsu giggled a little bit when Arabelle said that Tsu was the first support player that she met so far. "That's exactly why I'm a support player, ribbit. Since there is so few, it's better to just help everyone, rrrrrrrrribbit." Tsu said as she winked at Arabelle. Tsu then nodded her head when Arabelle said that Tsu really went with the frog theme. "When you're 14 percent frog, what other theme do you go for, ribbit? I just roll with what I have. I would explain, but it's a  long story, rrrrrribbit." Tsu responded, before laughing briefly. When they finally arrived at the quest house, Arabelle went inside to accept the quest. While she was gone, Tsu thought about what they could do after the quest, but couldn't think of anything. When Arabelle would come out, Tsu would say, "What if we hit the beach again, ribbit? Just the two of us would be nice right, rrrrrrribbit?"

Edited by Froppy

"Mhm. Light armor. Um, I don't really have any design specifications," Arabelle replied quickly. She bounced on her heels impatiently as the quest NPC explained what type of material she needed to get and from what mob. A special type of leather only <<Dark Elf>> mobs carried. Arabelle didn't really listen to the NPC's explanation on why they specifically wanted that material, but she surmised that the leather was easier to work with. Or, whatever. She didn't care too much about the game's lore. Or how NPCs did things. She cared more about the frog girl who was waiting for her outside. 

A hundred years of boring dialogue later (it was really just two and a half minutes), Arabelle closed the shop door behind her and walked up to Tsu. "The beach? Sounds good to me! I don't think I've gone swimming with you yet," Arabelle agreed. Even though, back in the beach event, Tsu was the one who suggested they go swimming in the first place. Arabelle didn't know what Tsu was doing at that time and was too caught up playing with her friends to actually drag the other girl in. Ahahahaha. Whoops. 

She brought up the map and checked the spot she had marked earlier. Where the Dark Elf mobs supposedly spawned. Being a beginner-friendly quest, the quest mob's spawn point wasn't too far from town and would only take a few minutes to reach. Arabelle squinted at the map. Leave town by the west exit, keep walking straight until...oh, whatever. She turned to Tsu. "I'm ready. Let's go?" And with that, she started them off in what was hopefully the right direction.

Tsu got a smile on her face when Arabelle said that the beach sounded good to her, since they could go swimming this time. "Alright then, let's get this quest over with, ribbit. Maybe this time we go I can actually cover myself, unless you want to stare at my boobs again like last time, rrrrrrribbit!" Tsu said, joking at the last part as she opened her menu and switched to her contest swimsuit. Tsu then giggled and switched back to her normal outfit. "I'm sorry, ribbit. It was just a funny memory to me, rrrrrribbit.Tsu apologized, blushing a little bit. Tsu followed Arabelle as she led the way, hopefully the right way. "Oh, and one quick warning, ribbit. I heal people with my tongue, since it has the most reach. Just giving you a heads up, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu said, sticking her tongue out and winking.

They passed the west exit of the settlement and entered the Forest of Wavering Mist. Arabelle paused and squinted up at the trees. They had to be about thirty meters in height and their leaves were thick, covering almost every inch of the ground in shadow. Along with the mist covering some parts of the forest (it was still thin since they were still in the low-leveled area), the forest gave off an ominous vibe. Like something was going to jump down from the trees above them at any second. Arabelle was slightly comforted by her quest partner's presence and the joke she made. "Ahahahahaha. Gosh, Tsu. If you're suggesting that, then I might as well," Arabelle responded in a joking tone. Then, Tsu switched to her swimsuit. Arabelle blinked and looked around, her cheeks reddening from embarrassment. "Aah, wait! Not here! Uuuu, what if there are..." She found no other players in the vicinity. "No guys here." She giggled, bringing a gloved hand to her mouth. "It's fine. Holy crap, Tsu. That's one way to surprise someone, though. A guy would've gotten an anime nosebleed."

Then, Tsu warned her about how she usually healed people.  "Like...you lick them?" Arabelle clarified. She was fine with Tsu doing that if that was the best way to heal, though she appreciated the warning. Arabelle would've jumped out of her skin if Tsu healed her with her tongue in the middle of combat. "So you know what everyone tastes like? Tell me...who tasted the best?" she asked with a wink. If Tsu was going to surprise her with that swimsuit stunt, Arabelle was going to mess around with her usual style of joking.

Tsu couldn't help but burst out laughing at Arabelle's reaction to her little swimsuit stunt. "That's why I did that, ribbit. If I did that to say Pin or Hazado for example, they would have fainted, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu explained as they walked, getting a bit closer to Arabelle as the mist started to form. Tsu nodded her head when Arabelle asked if she licked people to heal them. Then she asked who tasted the best, and Tsu got a small smirk on her face. "I would have to say that Stryder tasted the best so far, ribbit. Soft skin just feels nice. Maybe I'll get a lick in on you today, rrrrribbit.Tsu answered, before winking at Arabelle again. Now it was her goal to get a lick.

"Stryder...?" she echoed curiously. Tsu mentioning a name Arabelle was unfamiliar with wasn't really unexpected. She didn't know the frog girl very well yet, much more who her friends were.  A boyfriend, perhaps? Or just a close friend? Whatever Tsu's relationship with this 'Stryder' guy was, that didn't stop Arabelle from teasing. "Mm, guess I'll have to give him a good lick when I meet him, then," she hummed with a mischievous grin. Gawd, now they were starting to sound like pervy old men. Or maybe it was just Arabelle.

She didn't hear Tsu's response. Rather, she tuned it out. Not because she wanted to, but because she spotted the quest mob they were looking for. The <<Dark Elf>> stood a few inches taller than her and looked like a normal elf. Save for the visible dark aura surrounding it and its dagger. Arabelle whistled. "Time to get some leather. You ready, Tsu?" Confidently, she stepped out of hiding as soon as she heard the frog girl's response, with her scythe gripped in both hands. It started to glow green as she activated a Sword Art and bounded close enough for a swipe. Then, maybe out of overconfidence or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, she missed her attack. The quest mob easily stepped to the side and left a long red cut on her left arm. 

ID: 101437 | BD: 4 + 1 = 5 [fail] | MD: 8 [success]

[H:0] Arabelle | 131/140 HP | 12/14 EN | 5 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 Para. |  [-9 HP] [-2 EN]
[H:0] @Froppy | ??/?? HP | ??/?? EN |

Dark Elf | 12/12 HP | 9 DMG 

[ooc notes: since my guild recruitment thread with Stryder is not done yet, i'll just set this thread's timeline to before she meets him. hence, her not knowing his name.]

Edited by Arabelle

Tsu laughed a little bit when Arabelle said that she would give Stryder a good lick when she would meet him. Tsu only licked him for healing, but Tsu just took what Arabelle said as a joke rather than actually think about it. "Whatever you say, ribbit. I'll be doing what I can to help, my own way, rrrrrribbit.Tsu said as she hid behind a tree once the dark elf showed up. Tsu watched Arabelle try and attack, but miss. The dark elf had cut her left arm, and now Tsu knew she could get to work. Tsu came out of hiding and stuck her tongue out as it started to glow from activating her first aid skill. She then licked Arabelle's cut and it patched back up, her HP returning. "Just keep at it, ribbit. But you do taste a bit sweet. You're now the best one so far, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu encouraged as she went back to hiding.

Spoiler

First Aid used, 9 HP healed

[H:0] @Arabelle | 140/140 HP | 12/14 EN | 5 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 Para. |  [-9 HP] [-2 EN]
[H:0] Froppy | 220/220 HP | 20/22 EN | 1 DMG | MIT [-2 EN]

Dark Elf | 12/12 HP | 9 DMG 

"Maybe it's from all the candy I've been eating?" Arabelle responded. She had grown so used to her way of speaking that she didn't need to think hard for a witty response to everything anymore. At this point, it sort of just came subconsciously. Once Tsu had retreated back into hiding, the Dark Elf swiped at her again with its dagger. "Whoop." She lurched back (a bit clumsily), effectively dodging the hit, and placed a few more steps of distance between her and the quest mob. With both of her hands keeping a steady grip on her glowing scythe, she swung the weapon upwards, blade dragging across the quest mob's flesh. Then she twirled her scythe in her hands and delivered a second uppercut, bringing it back down to slam the blunt side of the scythe to the Elf's head.

The typical death voice clip - was that wailing? - played as the quest mob shattered. But it didn't unnerve her like it normally would with other players. It was simply an AI, made to look like an actual living creature. A window appeared in front of Arabelle, showing the EXP and loot rewards. "Oooh, I got the item!" she announced to Tsu with a victorious grin. "That was too easy. Is this what frontliners feel like when dealing with mobs?"

ID: 101456 | BD: 7 + 1 = 8 [hit] | MD: 4 [miss]

Ultimate Breaker: 5 * 3 = 15 DMG

[H:1] Arabelle | 140/140 HP | 9/14 EN | 5 DMG | 1 ACC | 2 Para. | [-3 EN]
[H:0] @Froppy | 220/220 HP | 20/22 EN | 1 DMG | MIT |

Dark Elf | 0/12 HP | 9 DMG | [-15 HP]

Edited by Arabelle

Once again, Tsu laughed a little bit at Arabelle saying that the candy was what made her taste sweet. Tsu didn't say anything back and just watched as Arabelle took her scythe and uppercutted the elf twice, and then slammed her scythe back down on it's head, killing it easily. Tsu stepped out of hiding as it disappeared. Then Arabelle got the item and announced it while Tsu walked up to her."Nice, that was even easier than I already thought it was going to be, ribbit. We'll just hand in the item and then we can hit the beach, rrrrrrribbit!" Tsu said, getting a grin on her face as well. Arabelle made a comment about frontliners, and Tsu shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know how it is for the frontliners, ribbit. But it must be easy for them to do quests like this, rrrrribbit." Tsu answered, starting to walk back in the direction they came.

"Hm, wonder what its like, being one of them?" Arabelle thought out loud. She followed Tsu back to the settlement, hiding her hands behind her back. Of course, she still had her scythe at ready in case something suddenly jumped out at them. "Must be pretty cool, since you're one of the strongest players in the game. But I suppose it must be stressful and all. I can't imagine the amount of planning and strategy that goes into those boss fights. And all the responsibility that comes with the role... Say, Tsu. Do you want to be a frontliner, too?"

They reached the quest NPC's shop and Arabelle went in to hand the item over. The armorsmith frowned down at the leather she gave him before nodding silently and moving to the back part of the shop. "How long until it's done?" she asked the armorsmith's wife. 

"Oh, just a few moments."

"How long is--"  Her ears picked up the sound of armor being successfully made. Not too soon after, the armorsmith walked out from the back part of the shop and handed Arabelle her new armor. (Which she wasn't going to use, because she'd already ordered a much nicer and higher-quality set from a player-owned shop). "Th-that was fast," she commented, taking the coat. But she wasn't complaining. At the same time, a notification popped up in front of her. 'Mission Complete!'

Arabelle dismissed the notification and met back up with Tsu outside the shop. "I'm done. So, let's hit the beach now?"

Tsu always did wonder what it was like being one of the frontliners, she just hoped to find out on her own experience someday. "It probably is stressful, doing what they can to make sure that no one dies, ribbit. I want to be a frontliner, that's why I heal. I want to help in the areas the frontliners lack, rrrrrribbit.Tsu answered as they walked back to the NPC shop, nothing else coming at them. The item was made quickly thanks to the game's mechanics and now it was off to the beach.

Arabelle had come back outside and Tsu nodded her head when she said they would hit the beach. Tsu held Arabelle's hand and walked over to the floor teleporter, before warping them both to floor 16. Once  Tsu stepped out of the teleporter, Tsu changed into her normal swimsuit, not the contest one. "As much fun as it is to mess with you, it's a bit embarrassing to wear the other swimsuit, ribbit. But I'm glad we can hang out now. If you want, I can change into my bikini, rrrrrrrribbit.Tsu said as she crossed her arms behind her back, a small smile on her face.

Spoiler

Tsu's normal swimsuit:

tsuyu.jpg.42c136c494501785c6bafd6642624348.jpg

Arabelle followed after Tsu and stepped into the teleporter after her. They were both warped to floor 16, where the beach party was held just a week earlier. It was also the place where she and Spangie totally got their asses kicked in volleyball by Tsu and some scary redheaded girl. Good times. Tsu's form shimmered as she changed into her swimsuit - a different swimsuit this time, this one was much more conservative and had lots of stripes - and Arabelle did the same. She equipped the same swimsuit she had worn back at the beach party: a (slightly oversized) green shirt, black swimming shorts, a pair of flip-flops, and a white glove on her right arm. And a black bikini top underneath her shirt, just in case. 

"Ah, it's fine," Arabelle said with a small laugh. "Your normal swimsuit looks nice, too. Come on, let's go. We don't want a crowd to form now, do we?" She smiled mischievously and took Tsu's hand in hers, skipping towards the beach. Arabelle wasn't looking, but as soon as she and Tsu changed into their swimsuits, she started feeling eyes on her and on Tsu. They were still in the middle of the main settlement, where most players were still wearing their normal clothes. Arabelle was sure some lucky guys were enjoying the show and she turned around long enough to spot a particularly cute one and give him a wink. Then she tugged on Tsu's hand and continued walking to the beach.

Edited by Arabelle

Arabelle said that it was fine and her normal swimsuit was fine, before adding that they wouldn't want a crowd forming. But as it turned out, there were already a few guys looking at them, still in their normal clothes. "A crowd wouldn't really be good, ribbit. So let's just get out of here, rrrrrrrribbit.Tsu said as she skipped along with Arabelle. Tsu noticed that Arabelle had winked at one of the cute guys, so Tsu found another guy and shook her chest a little bit and winked. It only took about a minute to get out of the main settlement and arrive at the beach itself. Unlike last ime at the party, there was actually a bunch of people at the beach today. "So, what did you want to do first, ribbit? I'm up for pretty much anything. If you wanted to play, or maybe just sunbathe, I'm up for it, rrrrrribbit.Tsu asked, looking out at the ocean.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Tsu giving one of the other guys a wink. Though unlike Arabelle, she went a bit further and bounced her steps a little, causing her large chest to shake. Dayum. The frog girl had much more game - and guts - than her. Arabelle looked over her shoulder and spotted Tsu's 'target' blushing and giving them a thumbs-up. Then he caught her gaze and looked away, embarrassed. "Gets flustered too easily. Cute, but not my type~," she commented nonchalantly, her voice low enough that only Tsu could hear her. "Say, Tsu," Arabelle began, hiding her hands behind her back. They'd already arrived at the beach and Tsu had asked her what she wanted to do, but she made no indication of going into the water. For now, this type of information was important. It always was, among girls. "We can go swimming after this, but for now I want to know. What's your type of guy?"

Tsu giggled a little bit when Arabelle made a comment about the guy that was Tsu's target. "You sure have standards, ribbit.Tsu said back in the same low voice. It was funny the way guys reacted to stuff like that, and when they get flustered always made Tsu amused. She never really saw why they got flustered. Before Tsu could say anything else about it, Arabelle had asked what kind type of guy did Tsu like. "Umm, that's a hard question, ribbit. I like nice guys, not super cool or nerdy, I mean middle of the road average, ribbit. That's the type of guy I like. What about you, rrrrrrrribbit?" Tsu asked, crossing her arms and pushing up her chest a little bit. After Pin, Tsu wasn't really sure how to feel with guys. She still didn't know if it was even worth dating, but that was something she would have to figure out on her own.