[F17-SP] <<Challenge Of Olympus: Cook>>

Spoiler

Floor 17
<<Challenge Of Olympus: Cook>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: 1 (Solo Only)
Must be Rank 2+ Cook | Non-Repeatable

LyIBIoVqggeZYH4dZRXeKMOVUVBzU-9DRuQannf4

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP
  • (+1) CD Tool, Hestia's Flame

Objectives:

• Roleplay The Challenge:
    • Meet with the satyr on Floor 17.
    • Meet with Hestia outside of Mt. Olympia and accept her challenge.
    • Describe the details of the challenge, face-off with Hestia and roleplay out how you best the Goddess of the Hearth.

Summary:
Disclaimer:  The God(s) in this quest are NPCs for RP flavor only and cannot engage in combat nor affect the world in any way other than what’s described.

Cooks who have reached rank 2 in their profession receive a notification stating that a rare quest is available to them on floor seventeen. Upon arriving to the floor, a satyr's sudden appearance will easily startle nearby NPCs, and he promptly inform you that you have been invited to the gates of Mt. Olympia. It seems that Hestia herself would like to challenge you to a Battle of Crafts.

Players must RP meeting with Hestia, and they are free to describe the details of the challenge that is issued however they like as long as it pertains to cooking. They must RP the challenge out appropriately, encouraged to make the crafting battle very difficult, though not impossible. 

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • All crafting done in this quest is RP only--no rolls required, and items cannot be given stats or submitted for evaluation.

It was a pleasant afternoon in the caves of the 21st floor where, right next to the popular attraction of the hot springs, Beat's house resided. Part of the young player's house also functioned as his shop. It was a large kitchen with plenty of seating and a pleasant atmosphere that had some Japanese influence mixed in. Today, Beat was hard at work in his kitchen, the pleasant music playing throughout his restaurant and his form moving to the beat as he prepared several orders at once. His focus was broken by the familiar ping of a message coming into his inbox. He continued to stir a pot of beef stew as his left hand flicked through the air and his dancing fingers opened the inbox message. His brow rose as he read the contents. 

Dear Beat, 

Master Hestia, renown chef of Aincrad has heard of your culinary accomplishments and wishes to meet with you. Meet me tomorrow on the 17th floor in the inn closest to the teleportation pad. Bring one of your signature confections please. 

Signed, 

An Admirer

Beat swiped away the menu and resumed stirring the contents of a pan with his freed hand. He couldn't help but smile at the idea of someone reaching out in such a way just to acknowledge his cooking. The rest of the day went by quickly as he continued to work with his mind focused on the future, wondering who this Hestia was and what she wanted exactly. 

Edited by Beat

Beat woke up early the next day and made for his kitchen, though rather than turn the sign on his door from closed to open, he simply fired up his stove and began to work. He wasn't sure if he had a signature dish, but he did have favorites that he enjoyed. He started by making himself a breakfast of eggs and toast, seasoned to his liking of course, and then began going through his inventory for inspiration. His free hand stroked his chin as the other manipulated the floating menus before him as he spoke out loud to himself. 

"I could do booze, but it feels odd making a protein item alcoholic...I do make a lot of cheese, so that's an option..." Beat scrunched his eyes and ruffled his hair as he groaned, "uuugh I don't really have a signature!" 

He crossed his arms and decided to go with his favorite creation so far, the Solid Marble Cake. It was simple, delicious and Beat himself enjoyed it, which he figured was certainly part of having a signature dish. Thanks to how fast cooking was in the game, the cake took him mere minutes. He boxed the item up and stashed it in his inventory before heading out, wondering how he was suppose to recognize the person he was to meet. 

It was an uneventful journey through the caves of the twenty-first floor to the small settlement where the teleportation pad resided. The young chef held out his arm, allowing Horus, the hayabusa falcon, to land on his arm before he shouted the name of his destination, "Floor 17!" 

With a flash of light and the sound of rushing water, Beat was whisked away from the dank caves and placed almost instantly at the center of the main settlement of the seventeenth floor. He admired the while marble of the Grecian themed city as he panned his eyes around for the pub of which his 'admirer' had mentioned. Sure enough, towards the south, a small but inviting pub rested in-between a clothing store and a restaurant. Beat looked to Horus who gave Beat's arm an affectionate nibble before taking off into the air, to keep his sharp eyes out for trouble. Beat simply smiled and made his way into the cozy little pub.

Alright, let's find this mystery admirer.

As Beat wandered inside, he was greeted by the scent of garlic and various forms of liquor as well as a small hint of honey. It was an odd mixture, but he did not find it unpleasant. In fact, Beat found himself enjoying the boisterous atmosphere and a small grin spread across his face as he made his way to the where the bar was, but before he could reach his destination, he heard someone call to him. 

"Beat! Over here!" said someone in a somewhat high-pitched growl. Beat's head turned and his eye widened a little at the sight of was clearly not a player. Sitting at on of the tables against the wall was a Satyr with red fur below the waist and tightly curled ebony horns. The creature stared at the young player with it's bright yellow eyes that reminded Beat of a goat. With only a slight pause of hesitation, Beat walked over and took the seat opposite of the Satyr, awaiting the creature's next words. 

As soon as Beat had settled into his seat and begun to eye the satyr cautiously, the creature spoke again, in his high-growl of a voice, "So, did you bring the dish?" it said quickly. Beat nodded and opened his menu with his left hand, his fingers dancing through the air until a small marble cake appeared in front of him. The satyr stirred in his seat as he reached out of it, sliding it across the small table to himself as he eyed the dessert hungrily, "This will do!" Beat smiled at the creature's approval, but before he could respond, the satyr dug his hands into the cake and began shoveling handfuls of cake into his mouth. 

"Hey!" Beat shouted, reaching for the cake, but to no avail. The satyr lifted the remainder of the confection to his face and crammed the dessert into it's mouth with a wide, mocking grin aimed directly at Beat. The young player scoffed and folded his arms as he waited for the creature before him to finish chewing. Several minutes of chewing passed before the creature spoke again, smacking his lips and cleaning his fingers, "Yeah, you've got the right stuff. I wonder if you're up for the challenge."

Edited by Beat

The Satyr's final words caused Beat's brow to furrow as he started back into the yellow goat eyes of the creature, "Challenge? I wasn't aware of there would be a challenge," he said with a great deal of interest in his voice. It wasn't every day one was tested in Sword Art Online beyond combat and questing. It had been some time since he had done either, so a chance to stretch a different muscle was a welcome change and he could not hide the smile that had slowly begun to creep across his face. 

"Yes, my master wishes to test her own culinary might against yours," the satyr said with a wry smile at Beat's apparent interest, "of course, I doubt she expects you win." 

"Oh really?" Beat said, his smile looking more like the satyr's as his confidence rose, "I'm no slouch, so I wouldn't suggest she go into this thinking she's already won. I might surprise her."

• 1 month later...

Now the Satyr was the one intrigued as a wry smile creased his face as he stared back at the young player who had readily risen to his mistresses challenge, "Well, I have to say that I hope you're as good as you claim to be. It has been quite a while since the master has had a decent challenge." 

"Alright, I think it's time you show me this master of yours. I'm looking forward to meeting them. Let's go." He said, motioning for the creature to follow as he stood up and turned to leave. He was all for showing off and "talking the talk," but at some point, you had to get down to business. His anticipation of this meeting was beginning to boil and he knew his patience wouldn't hold out forever. He carefully made his way through the crowded pub and eventually made his way outside, habitually checking his menus before waiting for his new acquaintance to join him.  

Edited by Beat
  • 1 year later...

"Right." The Satyr said excitedly, clearly looking forward to the clash of culinary talents, "Follow me." The Satyr walked past Beat and led him through the town. Beat found it hard to keep his eyes on the Satyr as he admired the marbled architecture of of the settlement. He had certainly learned about Greece in school, but he really only recalled what he had seen in videos or other games based in the same setting.

"Hey! Are you paying attention!?" the familiar voice of the satyr called out. Beat's eyes snapped back to his tour guide and he nodded as he jogged to catch back up, "Sorry, I was just admiring the buildings here. I don't see anything like this in my home town." The satyr shook his head and waved fro Beat to follow as he continued to lead the player through the streets of Athenaia, "Sure, sorry about that."