What is your/your character's alignment?

Alignment  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is your/your character's Alignment?

• Lawful Good
    • Neutral Good
    • Chaotic Good
    • Lawful Neutral
    • True Neutral
    • Chaotic Neutral
    • Lawful Evil
    • Neutral Evil
    • Chaotic Evil
    • I disagree with the result I ended up with

So, I once found a site where I tested my character's alignment, and after I got my result, I became curious as to what alignments the others' characters were. Because of this, I decided to set up this thread and it's poll. Feel free to take the test and place your answer in the poll if you'd like! You can even choose to test yourself if you'd like(I guess)! Please note that everyone is unique, and two can be the same alignment, but in different ways. Alignment isn't some straitjacket to restrict yourself to, you know.

The known alignments in the test are as follows:

Lawful Good

Neutral Good

Chaotic Good

Lawful Neutral

True Neutral

Chaotic Neutral

Lawful Evil

Neutral Evil

Chaotic Evil

If you're interested in taking the test(and/or answering the question above), I've got the link to it right here: http://easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html

Alright, I might have a character with a changeable alignment, but... to be honest, the changeable alignment is for whenever she enters a game, for she usually does what suits/helps her the most. Sure, Dazia's "True" alignment can still be altered, just slightly, or barely, from what I know.

I took the test, but...I was not at all expecting the answer I got. I was expecting true or chaotic neutral. What did she get? Neutral Evil. And her good score? Zero. Zilch. Nada. Not at all what I was expecting whatsoever. However...if those donation, family, and defense till last breath questions were what had to do with good...In Dazia's case, it may have possibly been just asking the wrong questions. As for the family portion, allow me to let out a bit more on Dazia's past... Dazia had five siblings, but she only cared about one older brother, and one older sister. She cared about her mother somewhat, but sadly, she couldn't care less about the rest of her family... Friendships are far easier than family bonding, to be honest, but there is one spectrum of family that she can care about...she just hasn't discovered it yet, nor does she have it yet.

From what I know, Dazia is actually quite different from the average neutral evil, should that actually be her alignment. Sure, for the most part, she's out for herself, but she can actually care about friends and family(Not her real world family, excluding those two siblings, but...), and when she's capable of doing so with little risk, she is willing to protect them. Other neutral evils might see her as weak in this case, but everyone is different, the neutral evil I read about isn't some straitjacket to restrict my character's actual self to.

So, fine, I'll use the result Dazia got in the test for the poll, but other tests might come up with different answers if they had different questions... and to those I rp with who are neutral or good, please don't let my answer discourage you, I'll only end up regretting letting these facts be revealed in this thread... You can still affect Dazia's in-game alignment, or even make a small impact on her actual one! Nothing wrong with character growth and development, you know!

I got lawful good, but was 1 point away from Neutral good.

Neutral good is what Baldur really is.

I have some issue with the context of these questions not being suitable to SAO, but I'm familiar enough with the alignment system to know how it fits my character accurately.

I'm not surprised a lot of people who thought they were playing "Chaotic Neutral" actually came out Neutral Evil. That's actually a very common mistake with people who think Chaotic Nutral is the "I do whatever I want" alignment. In 25 years of gaming, I have never seen anyone play Chaotic Neutral correctly.

@Dazia Idk about you, but despite the points you made, it does kinda sound like Neutral Evil to me, when I think about it in depth and detail... but I do have to say, you might actually get a Good score higher than zero on some other alignment test out there, assuming it's accurate. Heck, I don't even know how accurate this one is.

@Arabelle Glad to know you enjoyed it. I found the test while trying to study up on a certain alignment.

@Hazado so keeping people at a distance and fleeing when things go downhill too fast contributed to your neutral scores? feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't intend to jump to conclusions, but that sounds more like chaos to me...not that it is, I don't know that much about alignments just yet...

@Sunova I kind of expected good, having read your character's journal once, I just didn't know it would be chaotic. It's still fine, though, there's nothing wrong with that! However, I've met a few people who seem to confuse the behaviors between chaos and evil, associating them with one another... I honestly don't know what to say about what they think, but it's their opinion, and I respect that.

@Hikoru Idk very much about your character, but I can guess and believe that neutrality suits him.

@Lessa Well, everyone has character growth/change in different ways. Despite what some might think(assuming there are any who dislike such change), I'd say that's pretty nice.

@Baldur Nice to know I'm not the only Neutral Good out there. In my opinion, I think it's the best alignment. I completely understand that not every question has to do with our character's actual situations, but then again, this is only a single test. There could be others with questions more suited to what happens to our characters. Not like I know they exist, this is the only one I've found, so... *shrugs* To be honest, Vigilon wasn't the only character I'd tested. NPC players I made, for example. I tested them, too. I even tested my character's older sister(Who, I admit, is an alternate I made for the world seed not too long ago, which reminds me, I have a post to reply to)...and it was she, out of all my characters, it was she who ended up being the only one to get Chaotic Neutral.

Phew, coming up with thoughts for each post on thread wasn't easy...which is why I'm only doing this once. All I'm hoping though, is that during what I said, I didn't mess up and say something too rash!

Did the test for myself. I'm predictable as heck.

Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (36)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (25)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (28)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXX (3)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXX (3)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Evil ---- (0)

Edited by Lessa

I did the test for my character, and I got Neutral Good. When I took a look at the details of the results, I could see how it lined up with my character. Honestly, I believe Krysta is a mix between Lawful and Neutral Good. She fights for justice, opposes Evil in so many forms, even though she has encountered a few mobs she was reluctant to fight.

Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment because when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (28)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (29)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXX (3)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaos --- XX (2)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Evil ---- X (1)

On 6/3/2018 at 11:40 PM, Baldur said:

Which is funny cause Cap is the definition of lawful good :P

Well, what brought me to this conclusion was:

In Captain America: Civil war, there is a situation in which the Avengers must either agree to or decline the Accords that were presented to them. Alignment-wise, this came across to me as, "Law or Chaos. Pick one or the other, you can't do both."

I could see both Iron Man and Captain America as Neutral Good, so when it came to the choice...

Iron Man believed that the Avengers needed to be put in check, and that otherwise, they were uninhibited, unsupervised, "no better than the bad guys"; Law.

Captain America said that if they signed the accords, they would be surrendering their right to choose and have a say in things. they wouldn't be free; Chaos.

At least, that's how I would put it. But that's only what I think is an educated guess. *Shrugs* Welp, we're all human, nobody's perfect.

Edited by Vigilon
  • 8 months later...