[PP-F1] It Already Feels like a Bethesda Game <<The first few lessons are free>>

(OOC: Sorry @silver crow, Vivlia happened to be on at the time, and the max amount of players in this quest is 2, once again, sorry.)

“Athel. Where are we going?” I asked in a slightly annoyed tone, he never tells me anything, thanks Athel. Maybe it's because he is mute that he doesn’t actually say anything but, we both know sign language. At the moment, he was wearing a open tan trench coat with a light brown scarf around his neck and black fingerless gloves on his hands. Underneath the coat was chainmail armor which only covered the top half of his chest. Underneath the chain-mail you could tell he was wearing a black shirt, for his lifestyle, you’d be surprised it doesn't have any obvious stains or spills on it. He had a few small satchels on his belt, of which were nothing but cosmetic. The belt was dark brown which matched the color of the pair of pants they were holding up, the only difference between the two was one had a slightly different color tone.  His leather shoes were also black. This whole thing makes me wonder where he gets this wardrobe I don’t know about, I mean really, It seems like he has an outfit for every scenario possible. “Adventure.” He responded with in sign language. Great, I loved adventure, especially if the person you going with is silent and refuses to tell you where we are going. Eventually we arrived at an old, run-down building. It looked like it would collapse under its own weight at any moment. “Athel, what is this?” I asked. He grinned in response then made a few gestures in sign language: “First adventure.” Well, that's not technically true, we got lost in a forest once looking for materials, and spent a whole week out in the wilderness, which were full of monsters, creepy abandoned structures, and a really weird stalking silhouette. Good times. I didn’t want to ruin the “first adventure” thing so I stayed silent and walked in. Inside was a little laboratory, I didn’t think it was very safe to keep alchemy equipment inside a building that probably failed its safety tests. “Excuse me…” I said to the old man at the counter. His face had an odd relation to Santa Claus. I looked behind me to see a wide grin form on Athels face. “...I’m looking for Adventure? You sell any of that here?” That is my glorious attempt to confuse the NPC, unfortunately, it just made me look like an idiot. Thanks Athel.

@Vivlia

Edited by Aspect

Vivlia entered the alchemists shop hesitantly, the last time I was here.. I had to do that quest.. I never want to relive that moment. She sighed thankfully, sweatdropping. When she arrived, voices could be hear from around the corner. Drat, there’s people here.. she sighed, narrowing her eyes on the two players next to Zackiriah. But I need to ask him something real bad.. she huffed, crossing her arms. I guess I’ll just stay here until they leave, hopefully they won’t notice me.. she crossed her fingers and browsed the supplies of potions. I’ll just be here.. waiting. She sighed again and looked around at the potions.

Gosh darnit, what’s taking them so long. It’s been like five minutes already. She mentally groaned and shook her head. It never took this long when I talked to Zackiriah. She raised a brow at her own statement. But then again, I don’t speak to anyone. Even if I do, the conversation was pretty short. Jeez, why am I more talkative in her than in real life? This frekin sucks..

@Aspect

Unfortunately for me, Zack didn’t serve adventure, only gathering materials that I wouldn’t even get to keep. “Wow…” I said turning to Athel. “...Looks like today will be filled with tons of meaningless quests.” I said in a half sarcastic, half serious tone. He scowled back at me, not enjoying the comment. I backed away from the counter now having my instructions, and walked towards Athel, who was in the back of the room. “I don’t suppose, you know how to gather materials?” Athel nodded and signed “No” at the same time. “Maybe I can just cheat the system and give him some materials from my inventory, I mean, I have like twenty-five.” Athel just nodded no this time, I didn’t like my chances at this quest. “So, let me get this straight, you dragged me into a fetch quest that neither of us know how to complete?” The one time I actually wanted him to nod no. He nodded yes. “Looks like we'll need some help.” I said looking around the room, and spotting another player, she kinda looked like she was trying to avoid us, but unfortunately for her, I was kinda what people would call, desperate. “Athel, I have an idea, it's not a good idea, just an idea.” I said, with a hint of confidence in my voice. I approach the player, who was looking at all the potions and alchemy related items stacked on the wooden shelves. “Excuse me, but, we kinda need your help.” I said with absolutely no confidence in my voice, it seemed like a good idea to ask for help until the very last second, I don’t know why either, I just have trouble asking strangers for help. “You see, me and my buddy over there…” I gestured behind me, Athel made a weak smiled and waved in response. “...have no idea how to gather materials, and, well, are you any good at gathering?” I said, my voice got a little better than before, why couldn’t I be mute like Athel? That way he can’t force me to be the one to talk to absolute strangers, but this girl didn’t seem like that bad of a person, at least, from the outside.

@Vivlia

Edited by Aspect

The jumpy player gave a small combination of a squeak and a yelp as she heard someone talk behind her. Zackiriah? No, no, he sounds too young. Gosh dang it, it’s those people I saw talking to him.. no backing out now.. she gave a heavy sigh, slowly turning around with a deadpan. “W-what kind of help?” She stuttered, taking a look at both of the players. Giving a small wave and an even weaker smile back at the quiet one, she turned her focus to the one speaking. “Gathering huh..” she murmured softly, scratching her chin. “W-we’ll, Yes? And, no,” she said depressingly, her shoulders slumping.

”I know how to gather, I’ve done the quest you’re doing before,” she gave a sweatdoropped look, scratching her chin, “but I’m not very good at it, my luck is not that great here,” the anti-social peach said nervously. “But I can help you if you want, you’re luck is probably ten times better than mine.” She shrugged, knowing that it would be good for her to get out with.. people. I almost regret everything I have done in the past 17 Years of my life, she made a sour face but quickly shaking it off.

@Aspect

I was almost stunned by the other person’s reaction, the sound was high pitched enough that I thought I heard my ears start ringing, I shook it off just fine. The girl looked kind, however she looked at me with a emotionless stare, it kinda looked like she was doing it on purpose, I was pretty good at reading people and I could tell she didn’t want to be here anymore then I did, which just made me feel bad dragging her into this. “Well, it seems you're more experienced than we are.” I said trying to lighten the mood. Then the player offered to help if we wanted, which is just was I needed, we really did need help. “Thanks, we could use a hand in this.” Athel, who was still in back tried to get in on the conversation, which I happily forced him into. I grabbed him by the shoulder and placed him next to me, he looked like I put him in a very uncomfortable position. “This is Athel, he can't talk, he is mute.” Athel then scowled at me and made a few gestures in sign language that you couldn’t make me translate. “...and that was the sign language version of an angry rant.” I forced a grin to Athel’s silent tantrum, which he calmed down from saying in sign language: “Don’t say my name. Remember.” “Right!” I concluded. “Lemme restart that. I’m Aspect, this is Silence. He doesn’t talk much, and you are…” I paused waiting for the girl to finish the sentence, and also, in case she had anything else she wanted to add in.

@Vivlia

Edited by Aspect

She shook her head with grimace, “barely.” She gave a nod of her head, “Yeah, I could get the fresh air,” she joked, fanning her hands at them with a nervous grin. She shifted a few steps back as they introduced themselves, making a mistake saying their real name. “Mute, huh,” She whispered softly, wonder what it’s like? I’m quiet, but not taking at all seems like a stretch.. she sighed, folding her hands under her arms. A small laugh came from her, “Sign language huh? I can understand a bit, I think a read a book about it,” I’m not sure if I enjoyed it or not though, sign language isn’t the best criteria to read about.. 

Nodding once again, she spoke in a hushed voice, “Well Silence and aspect, nice to meet you two,” she tilted her head as he trailed off. Realizing he didn’t know her name she panicked. “O-oh! Vivlia. My name is Vivlia,” she corrected her actions and gave a small apologetic bow. A few awkward moments of silence passed by, “So is this your first quest?” 

Most of the conversation went underway as usual, all the way until the girl, who announced herself as Vivila, said that she thought she understood sign language. Athel’s eyes widened in surprise and excitement, mainly because he wanted to know as many people as possible who speak sign language so they would understand him. He looked at the girl, clapped to get her attention, then made a repeated series of gestures that meant: “Do you sign? Do you sign?” The only thing unusual about the gestures was he was doing them more rapid than usual. I stared at Athel for a few moments then turned my head towards Vivila. “Want me to translate? He is saying “Do you speak sign language”. He wants to know if you do. I’m afraid if you don’t answer soon, he will pass out exhaustion.” I said in a joking manner, unfortunately, what followed was complete silence, and I’m not talking about Athel slowly trailing behind us like a ghost. After about a minute of awkward silence. Vivila asked if this was are first quest, I obviously had to answer true. “No, my very first quest was to cut him down from a tree. He got, um, tangled.” I pointed to Athel who was looked around like he had no idea what I was talking about, but he did give me that “I’ll kill you later” look. “...but other then that yeah, this is our first.”

@Vivlia

Edited by Aspect

She shrugged blankly, “I guess?” Her head tilted, trying process what he was gesturing. “Slow down Flash,” she muttered, shaking her head. Turning her head to Aspect she spoke in a amused voice. “Yes..” she said glancing to the quick and frantic hand gesturing boy behind him, “I can clearly see that,“ she stiffled a giggle, “So yeah, slow down I guess,” she gave a finger gun to the mute player and rubbed her neck awkwardly.

”He got tangled in a tree? Well isn’t that something,” she chuckled, running a hand through her peach-ish hair. “Maybe even the first, not exactly a good kind of first though,” she shrugged. “Yeah this might be one of the first quests I’ve ever done too,” she tucked her hands in her arms. “Well, lets go then? Gathering doesn’t come to you, y’know?” She giggled, striding away.

@Aspect