[PP-F2: Quest] Giant Wasps? <<Long live the Queen>>

A link to the quest :3

Spoiler

I walked along the grassy fields, watching as several players began taking down <<Wind Wasps>> ... I wasn't watching out for one of those mobs though. it was a elegant, much larger variant of the wind wasps, known as the <<Wind Wasp Queen>>. I had my cloak inverted, showing its green side, making it so that I partially blended in with the grassy plains. I let out a faint sigh, and unsheathed my beloved rapier, Soul Fragment. A faint breeze was swirling around the field, and the weather settings were actually optimal for today, meaning it felt rather pleasant outside. I stood still for a few moments, before erupting into a flurry of movement, my rapier seeming to glow with light as I practiced striking the air. "Haaah!" My familiar fluttered around me, releasing a surprised chirp at my shout. I chuckled, and held my arm out so that she could land on it."Naa, Naaa! I didn't scare you, did I Akame? Please forgive me if I did~" Akame landed back on my arm, and I giggled as she darted up, and started nuzzling my face. "Naa, Naaa! Quit it! that tickles~" I giggled, and pulled her on top of my head. It was her favorite napping spot, and she immediately began snoozing. I giggled again, and sat underneath the tree, taking a peaceful nap while I waited for the mob to spawn

Mina's stats:

Spoiler

Tricolor_Mina

HP: 200/200

EN: 20/20

Base dmg: 4

Edited by tricolor_mina

I had settled down by the tree I was under, and had just begun to take a nap when I heard screaming. I jolted up, and rushed in the direction of the screaming, Akame fluttering behind me. People were fleeing from an unusually large <<Wind Wasp>> , and it seemed to stop chasing after a while once they left a certain part of the field. "Naa, naaa... could that be it..?" A person ended up getting hit by it's stinger, and their health got brought down a sixth of their regular health. 'So it's attacks do a decent amount of damage, eh?'I readied my rapier, and charged the giant wasp, stabbing in four of it's jointed limbs. I ended up being forced to leap backwards when it's stinger almost hit me in the face. "Holy Sh*t!" I gasped, and I moved backwards, not eager to get hurt by the strong wasp. I held Soul Fragment with the proper stance, and let out a heavy sigh. "Let's go, you big ugly bug!"

Battle's current results:

Spoiler

ID# 101432 results:

Battle: 8 (Successful attack, Quadruple pain activates, deals 16 damage to enemy)

Craft: 11

Loot: 20

MOB: 6 ( -1 is 5, so the attack misses)

Tricolor_Mina: 200/200 HP, 16/20 EN, 4 DMG

Queen Wind Wasp 34/50 HP,  20 DMG

Edited by tricolor_mina

I let out a hiss of pain as the stinger cut into the side of my face, and I took a hefty chunk out of my health, about a tenth of it to be exact. I dodged, and aimed another attack at the giant wasp, and flinched when I realized that I had missed. "Na, Naa! looks like you got lucky queenie! But not too lucky! you activated my thorns!" the wasp let out a strange sounding roar when the effect kicked in, and it took 7 damage from the effect. I grinned, and noticed that Akame had fluttered in front of the wasp. "Naa, Akame! what are you-" without warning, the wasp swiped at her, and, in a burst of polygons, I witnessed my beloved familiar, the one that I had gotten right around day one... Die...

... Needless to say, my scream was heard throughout the entire field.

Current results:

Spoiler

ID# 101433 results:

Battle: 1 (Miss,

Craft: 7

Loot: 8

MOB: 8 ((EVA brings 8 down to 7)Normal hit! 20 dmg to Mina+ 9 thorn dmg to Queen wasp)

Tricolor_Mina: 180/200 HP, 13/20 EN, 4 DMG

Queen Wind Wasp 25/50 HP,  20 DMG

Edited by tricolor_mina

Ooc: Rip Quest boss XD

I sat there for a few moments, my face a stony mask. I heard a faint chirp, a mere whisper of what I had heard not even a few minutes before. I looked up at the wasp. I hadn't even felt myself Move. All I saw was a flash of sky blue and lavender beams skewer the wasp, and that there was the faint outline of blood. A bleed effect... I didn't remember that bit until much later though... 
I paused for a few moments, taking in the fact that there were somehow still polygons floating in the air. I almost dropped my rapier, I was so focused on those polygons.... Then I realized that the wasp gone, that it was the cluster of polygons floating around me. I ended up falling over onto my backside, and... I let out a scream of anguish, of sorrow. My own words couldn't describe it. "AKAME!!"

Spoiler

ID# 101438 results:

Battle: 10 (CRITICAL! +2 dmg, and Bleed is active!)

Loot: 6

MOB: 3 (Brought down to two from EVA, Miss from the Hornet)

<<Results  at current>>

Tricolor_Mina: 181/200 HP, 10/20 EN, 4 DMG 

Queen Wind Wasp 0/50 HP,  20 DMG, Bleed 1/2

Edited by tricolor_mina

I sat there, watching the last of the polygons float away from me. I let out another yell, and started punching the dirt, Ignoring the beeping of the system informing me that the ground was an immortal object. Eventually, my anger had given way to deep sorrow and grief, and I let out a strangled sob, before stabbing Soul fragment into the ground. The game didn't even bother with the error message, and just let my rapier cut into the polygonal dirt. "...aAAAAAAAAAGH!!!" A faint memory of Akame playing around with an adorable panda, and playing with my first friend in SAO... Then a memory of Akame sleeping on the head of Itzal, and chasing his familiar, Velnia, around a tree at his house. A memory of finding Velnia again, and being chased around by a giant mob. Tears dripped down onto the blade laying in the dirt, and I sobbed again. I heard another buzzing sound, much louder than the one the Queen wasp made. I turned my head up, and saw that it was an even larger wasp, and it seemed to give off an Aura of intense heat. I yanked Soul fragment out of the dirt, and took up the proper stance. I let out an angry yell, and I rushed it with a weaker skill, though apparently my rage must have made my lack of accuracy and luck fighting mobs dissolve. I skewered it several times in the torso, and danced around the flames and stinger. When I looked back, I realized dimly that I had knocked it down an entire quarter of it's health, and that I had also triggered the bleed effect of my rapier. A grin appeared on my face, and I held my hand up, beckoning for the wasp to come at me.

Spoiler

New fight!

ID# 101439 results:

Battle: 9 (Critical! +1 dmg to <<Accel Stub>>, and bleed is active)

Craft: 7

Loot: 6

MOB: 3 (Eva -1, so 2 [Still a fail lol])

Tricolor_Mina: 182 HP,   8/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 75/100. bleed 1/2 (30 ATK)

Edited by tricolor_mina

I danced around the stinger and flames again, feeling the virtual heat on my skin. and failed to strike the creature. I let out another roar, and kept swiping, despite not being able to land a single hit. I thought back to the other hornet, and ended feeling even worse, even angrier if it was possible (Which, I realized later that it really could get way worse.). the wasp and I circled each other as a wind blew through the field. My hair was lifted and tossed about in the wind, and the wasp was jostled around. I felt quite a good deal emptier than I had before, like it wasn't important what happened, so long as I beat this monster. "Naa, Naa... It's been so long since I've felt so, so tense like this." I raised my blade, closed my eyes, and bowed respectfully to the giant wasp. it was like it wasn't even trying to fight anymore, at least for the moment. I watched as the next tick of bleed damage took hold, and took another 12 points of it's health away. My eyes Snapped open. "Naa..... I'll look forward to our battle, Mr. Wasp!"

Spoiler

ID# 101441 results:

Battle: 2 (Miss)

Craft: 12

Loot: 5

MOB: 5 ( -1 from EVA is 4, so Miss)

Tricolor_Mina: 183/200 HP, 6/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 63/100 HP, Bleed 0/2

Edited by tricolor_mina

The wasp and I were still circling, awaiting an opportunity to strike at the other. It was heart wrenching, and I felt my heart in my throat. Without warning, the Wasp swatted at me with burning claws, so, after seeing an opening,  I ripped into it with my rapier, dealing another 12 points of damage to the thing. The mob had injured me decently, taking me down to 170 health. but it was just under half health, so it was close to dying. I grinned, and swiped my blade around again, the wind tossed my hair around, and blew my cloak around wildly. the wasp seemed to be wavering somewhat in the wind. it was like it wasn't focused again, so I used the time to look around the field. The puffy white clouds on the painted sky above looked rather nice. It was nice to see, that's for sure...

Spoiler

ID# 101442 results:

Battle: 7 (Normal Hit!)

Craft: 2

Loot: 7

MOB: 8 (-1 from EVA is 7, so Normal Hit! Thorns activated! -9 hp to Dragon Hornet)

Tricolor_Mina: 154/200 HP, 4/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 42/100 HP, Bleed 0/2

Edited by tricolor_mina

I let out another gasp as the wasp charged me, though this time I was completely caught off guard, and I was winded by the sheer force behind the wasps attack. "Ghaa!!" I flew back a few feet, and smashed into a tree. I stood up, and brushed my hair out of my face, staring the wasp right in the eye. I was furious now, I'd been duped by an over-sized Wasp on steroids. If I lose to this thing right after I just killed the quest boss my friends won't let me live that down!!

Spoiler

ID# 101443 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 8

Loot: 18

MOB: 8 (-1 from EVA is 7, so Normal Hit! 30 Dmg to Mina, and 9 to Dragon Hornet from thorns!)

Tricolor_Mina: 125/200 HP, 2/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 33/100 HP

Edited by tricolor_mina

I charged up an attack to send up at the wasp, and charged forward, a frustrated yell escaping my throat, when...

'Shik'

I suddenly found myself soaring through the air, letting out another scream of pain as the stinger ripped into my shoulder again, and flicked me into a tree. As soon as I landed, however, I realized that I was now below half health, so I was currently in trouble. It didn't exactly help that my attack completely whiffed the freaking hornet. "You freaking..! Rrrgh!

Spoiler

ID# 101444 results:

Battle: 3 (Miss)

Craft: 6

Loot: 15

MOB: 7 (-1 is 6, So hit for 30 DMG +9 dmg to Hornet from thorns)

Tricolor_Mina: 96/200 HP, 1/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 22/100 HP

Edited by tricolor_mina
  • 3 months later...

I slumped forward to the ground, falling flat on my face as the giant Hornet slowly flew towards me. This time, I didn't even bother trying to attack it, and instead I simply decided to dodge the massive stinger as it dug into the ground near my head, yelping in surprise as I did so. I got up, and scrambled out of the way of the Hornet, shaking as I did so. I glanced up at it, carefully examining it. The hornet had brilliant golden yellow skin, and black-green armor plates on its skin. Its eyes were a dark red in color, and seemed to be extremely intelligent. "haa.... n-nice Insect..?" I walked back some more, the giant hornet seemed to be staring me down. 'Great, just great...' I thought, a bead of sweat dripping down my face. 'I've just ticked it off by killing it's friend, and now I might die!'

Spoiler

Dice Roll ID#: 105877

MD: 3 (-1 is 2, still a miss lol)

Tricolor_Mina: 97/200 HP, 1/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 22/100 HP

Edited by tricolor_mina
  • 2 weeks later...

I shivered again, and continued on my path backwards, keeping my eyes on the wasp, and withdrew my rapier from its sheath. A nervous smile crossed my face, and a bead of sweat ran down my face. "H-hi there m-mr, Hornet..?" I said, "A-are you still m-mad at me..?" Its responding growl made me realize that it definitely, Definitely, was still P***ed off at me. 'If I can't hit it again I'm so dead...

Fortunately, I did hit it... but it swatted me in the face with its stinger the instant I hit it with Rip Ravine. "AAAAAAAAH!!" I was flung backwards with a sharp swipe from it's stinger, and I smacked back into the tree. "Urgh... T-that hurt.." I winced, and after I sat up, my eye widened with fear. The Hornet was hardly an inch from my face. My gaze flickered over to my health bar, and I realized that my health was nearly in the red

Spoiler

ID# 106058 results:

Battle: 7 (Hit! 8 damage to the dragon Hornet

MOB: 9 (EVA has no effect due to critical hit)

Tricolor_Mina: 68/200 HP, 0/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 14/100 HP

Edited by tricolor_mina

(OOC: oof)

I let out another shriek when I got hit again with the stinger, and it finally knocked me into the red zone. I had tried making a wild break for it to escape the hornet and I had gotten smacked directly into the ground. I got up from the ground, and shakily lept backwards. 'I'm such an idiot! what was I thinking fighting this thing! I got too cocky with it...' I opened my menu, and sent a frantic Message to Itzal, before backing up again, trying my best to avoid the other stings from the mob. my eyes flickered up to it's health, and I realized that it only had 5 health left. A mere 5 points and I would have killed it.

Spoiler

ID# 106059 results:

Loot: 2 (Running Failed, Mob Attacks!)

MOB: 8 (-1 is 7, still a hit. -30 Health to Mina)

Tricolor_Mina: 39/200 HP, 1/20 EN

Dragon Hornet: 5/100 HP

Edited by tricolor_mina

Note*  Gained permission to jump in and join the fight.  No loot gained by any player due to level difference.

Itzal rushed into the fight as soon as he had seen it.  Velnia was flying overhead when she suddenly looked worried.  When she landed on his shoulder, she seemed to be worried about something.  So Itzal had equipped his demonic blade Yakimba, his ring Beauty Incarnate, but decided to keep his Twilight Cloak on since this was a low floor.  They weren't in any dungeons and no event boss was near.  Heck there wasn't even a quest nearby so he should be fine.  When he saw the player and the monster, he recognized her as...  Mina!!  He activated charge, his blade sparking with electricity but not enough to paralyze.  When he saw it's health he knew he was wasting his energy by activating Meteor strike.  But he activated it out of habit.  He slashed the hornet in half and it shattered into shards.  He then sheathed his blade while Velnia flew over to Mina and rubbed her cheek against her friend.  Itzal turned around with a smile.  "Hey Mina!  Long time no see!"

ID#  106060  BD:  5+3=8  17+5x11=242 dmg

@tricolor_mina: 39/200 HP, 1/20 EN
Itzal:  1,490/1,490  <>  135/146

Dragon Hornet: 0/100 HP

(OOC: Thank you for allowing this admins!)

I flinched as the wasp prepared to strike me again, and it was nearly an inch away before I heard the sound of a sword art activating. I let out a sigh of relief as I saw the Hornet shatter, and a familiar black dragon perch on my shoulder to nuzzle my cheek. "T-thanks for the save Itzal...!" I said, scratching Velnia under the chin as I turned to face Itzal, and gave him a shaky wave. "And it definitely has been a while..." I said, walking over to him. "but I'm really glad to see you've been doing well, Naa~" I removed my eye-patch, and placed it into my coat, after which I sheathed my rapier. "You definitely look a lot stronger than I remember, or am I just Imagining things?" I turned slightly so I could stroke Velnia easier. "Naa, naa... I missed you too Velnia... I remember helping to search for you with Itzal~ we nearly got mauled by a giant snake!" I exclaimed, a grin on my face. "It was almost as tall as the tree!" 'At least nothing happened to little Velnia or Itzal' I thought, my smile faltering briefly before returning to normal.

@Itzal

Edited by tricolor_mina

Itzal nodded to Mina with a smile.  "Anytime Mina!  And yeah it has been..  Jeez, how long exactly?  I can't follow time in this world easily...  Or is that just me?"  He chuckled when she told him it was good to see him.  "I'm glad to see you too Mina!  And yeah, I went up a few levels, nothing much.  Doesn't help when I barely deal any damage on the front lines thanks to the stupid sword arts on the one handed straight sword.."  When Mina brought up Velnia and that memory they had she gave a dragon like purr and snuggled up against her...  Then took off into the air five seconds later and began zipping all over the place.  Itzal chuckled at her as she shot around.  "Yeah, but that snake didn't stand a chance now did it?  Goes to show size doesn't mean victory.  Especially in a video game."  He looked around the area.  "So you out mob grinding then?"  He asked.  There hadn't been anything around this area so he was rather confused...  Then another question popped up.  "Hey Mina?  May I ask what you've been up to all this time?  It's has been a while since I've last seen you.  I knew you were safe, but I still missed hanging out with you."  Suddenly Velnia flew over with a dead rabbit in her maw, shot lighting at it to cook it, and began eating.  Itzal shook his head.  Should have known, floor two always had good hunting grounds for her.

@tricolor_mina

I shrugged at his question of how long it had been. "I don't think that it was that long since i've seen you Itzal, probably just a month or two.." I sighed when I heard that he had leveled up yet again. "Yeah, that's kinda what I'd heard..." I groaned, "weren't you in your mid 70's the last time I saw you..?" I shot him an envious look when he mentioned his low damage output. "Itzal, you deal a lot more damage than I can right now, I just finished up with a quest and was screwing around with a hornet when you showed up." I snorted when he brought up how the snake barely stood a chance against his damage. "Isn't that kinda contradictory though?" I asked, "Even though that was a long time ago, you were pretty much at the same area, just with less health and somewhat worse gear." When Itzal asked what I had been doing before his arrival, I gestured at the empty spot where the Hornet used to be. "I was trying to kill that mob because it looked like it was gonna drop loot, but It didn't drop anything when you killed it. And uh, remind me never to fight mobs like that unless I have mitigation, I nearly died before you showed up.." I gestured to my health bar as I spoke. "And I've been doing fine lately, just doing various quests like <<Long live the Queen>>... and I decided to aggro that mob after the quest boss ticked me off by attacking Akame." My eyes darkened after I finished speaking.

@Itzal

Edited by tricolor_mina

"Well yes and no Mina.  Last time we met I was in my fifties.  Now I'm in my seventies,"  he said, rubbing the back of his head.  Suddenly he saw her look and heard her words, including the snort she made afterwards.  He looked at Velnia who had stopped eating, due to her noticing the tone and attitude as well.  He looked back at Mina.  "Sorry Mina, I didn't realize, I'm sorry..."  While she was correct in that he dealt more damage than she could, there was one major difference:  He couldn't get any higher, no matter how hard he tried.  Unless he switched sword arts, which he could never see himself doing, he was literally as high as he could go damage wise, unless he somehow gained a more powerful weapon than Yakimba.  Which was already outdated and needed to be replaced.  Whereas if Mina worked hard and trained diligently, she'd be able to continue growing in power.  "But, you're wrong Mina.  I didn't just have lesser gear and health, I had far less skills and mods.  And the issue is that I can't increase my damage any higher.  No matter how hard I try.  Compared to the other frontliners my damage is weak, and it kills me that I provide little to no use on the front lines most of the time.  If you want, I can help you level up through quests.  There have been a lot more coming out lately."  When she told him about the quest and how she was fighting monsters he blinked.  "I was asking what have you been up to between our last meeting and now, but recently is good too."  When they heard that her familiar had died Itzal looked shock, then empathy.  Velnia flew over to Mina and cuddled with her for comfort.  "I'm sorry Mina..  I know how it feels to lose your familiar....."

@tricolor_mina

(OOC: It needed more flavor text)

I paused when Itzal continued on my previous thought of his level, and he eventually corrected me in my statement. Itzal had been in his lower fifties last time I'd seen him. his... lower... Fifties. at that moment It felt like I'd gotten hit in the face with a brick "... HOW IN THE-! WHAT KIND OF QUESTS HAVE YOU BEEN DOING??" I fell flat on my face at his statement. "And you say it so casually too... I'll never catch up!" I let out a groan of annoyance at his explanations. "Yeah, but all you need is a few upgrades and your damage still goes way higher than mine! whereas I have to work myself half to death to even catch up! And at least you can actually be on the front-lines! I can't! The mobs would freaking one shot me!" I sighed softly when he suggested that he help me with a few quests so that I could get more levels. "I don't mind exactly, but I doubt that It would have any effect for you, the quests I'm planning on taking probably wouldn't give you any rewards! " I said weakly, an exasperated look on my face as I looked up. "And on what I've been doing since you've last seen me..? I've just been relaxing as of late other than just taking this quest. I can do the lower floor quests with ease for the most part." When Itzal said he was sorry that I had lost my familiar I let out a Sigh. "No avoiding that I suppose..." I sighed, before continuing." I basically two shot the quest boss after it killed her, so there's that at least..." I let out a sigh before walking over to Velnia and kneeling so that I could continue stroking her, a neutral expression on my face. I perked up suddenly. "Actually, I wanted to see If we could find a treasure chest or two?" I said, "Especially since the loot I could have gotten from that mob was rendered non-existent"

@Itzal

Edited by tricolor_mina

Itzal shook his head at Mina's statement.  "You can do anything if you put your mind to it Mina.  Even if you haven't been active in the past that's not to say you won't be active now.  You just have to be determined enough.  And don't worry about me and rewards Mina, I'm not concerned about that.  All I'm concerned about is helping a friend of mine get to a place she's wanting to be,"  he said with a smile.  "I know it's been a while, but have you seriously forgotten that, well.  That's kind of my thing?  Regardless of if it helps me or not, if I see someone who needs help I'm there.  It's why I helped start the Celestial Ascendants guild in the first place remember?"  When Mina mentioned how there was no avoiding it he shook his head, and tried to be encouraging.  "There is an upside though.  Because she was an npc, that means that she'll respawn.  Which means you can find her again as a familiar!  I can lend you my coat to find her, as well as craft you a familiar sight item.  In addition to that, if we can get a food item with LD on it, you'll have a total of plus eight LD chance to find her!  Not to mention that I'll be helping you look for her as well!  And Velnia too by the looks of it,"  he said with a chuckle as she flew and darted around with a smile from the idea.  When she asked him if they should look for a treasure chest or two he nodded.  "I can do that yeah.  Come on let's head over there.  Chests aren't found in the middle of fields, they're found in concealed areas like forests or rocky areas."

I smiled at Itzal when he reminded me that all it would take is hard work. "I know, I know... I just have to work extra hard!"  I said cheerfully, "I appreciate the fact that you're so willing to help me, but I think that I can do most of the more "Minor" quests on my own~" I face-palmed when Itzal reminded me that helping people was one of the Basis's that the CA was built on. "How the heck did I forget that..?" I said, a concerned look on my face. "That... that's actually sad, like, really sad..." I questioned how much I've misjudged my forgetfulness for a few moments, before returning to reality when he brought up the fact that I could probably find Akame again if the system decided to spawn her again. "I'll definitely be going to your shop for a Familiar call later, and taking up your offer of help." I agreed, and laughed a bit when I saw Velnia darting about in excitement. "Does she ever calm down? Pfft!" I cheered when Itzal said that we could search for treasure chests. "Yay! I wonder what you can find in them.. Have you ever opened one?" While I was following him, I opted to search for a Material, which I couldn't find. "Oh well..."

Spoiler

ID# 106147 results:

Battle: 7

Loot: 10 (Nope)

MOB: 1

Edited by tricolor_mina