[F23-PP] The Fire Spreads <Itzal & Hestia>

Itzal had been wanting to explore the twenty third floor for some time now, so this was the perfect opportunity for him to do so.  Hestia wanted to spend some more time together so he figured the two of them could explore together...  On the surface that is, not the underdark.  Why did Kayaba steal something from D&D?  He wasn't even pretending to copy it, he just outright stole it.  It was something Itzal would never understand.  He sighed as he put on his deep purple coat and hooked his electrical blade onto his waste.  Velnia flew around him a couple of times and perched on his shoulder for a second.  He turned his head to look at her and grinned.  "You ready to see Kuro again?"  She grinned wider and shot off like a dart, flying all over the place in the span of a few seconds.  Itzal laughed and nodded.  "Right well that answers that question.  Let's go ahead and head out then."  He opened the door and headed to the town where the teleport pad was.  Once he went there he warped to floor twenty three.  He arrived in a settlement on the surface and immediately he felt the judging eyes of the elves on him.  He didn't mind.  He looked at Velnia who flew around for a second.  "Let's wait for Hestia outside the town ok?  That would probably be for the best."

@Hestia

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grin to myself as i ignore the stares and the glares of the masses of people as i wear nothing but my casual clothing. Feeling safe...enough within this area that i wouldn't need to wear my actual combat gear within a safe zone. That even if these elves are racist to every extreme imaginable that they wouldn't seem the type to go in for the kill. Sneers and jacked prices seemingly are what they seem to enjoy doing though from what i have seen. Over priced rooms, food that is sold cheaper to their own kind, and much much more i sigh softly as i shake my head. 'A mental test to remind us that we're not special? To make a comment about the real world? Is this floor meant to correlate to something? Some theme or idea that traces back to the real world.' I think to myself as i make my way through the city to head towards where i told Itzal to meet up. My familiar looking at me curiously with a head tilted to the side as i chuckle softly when i take notice and pets him gently. It's okay Kuro we're just finally exploring this floor. I am rather curious what kind of things we will find out about. Maybe find out what evil dark elf magic these people can do, or maybe find out what kinds of mobs roam these floors. I say with the biggest and happiest grin on my face.

While Itzal waited outside the town gates he remained observant.  He noticed each dark elf walking along the path both into and out of the town.  He noticed the dark elf teenagers hiding in the shadows of the trees, observing him and muttering to themselves.  It was then a pair of dark elf adults began walking over to him, a very unfriendly look in their eyesItzal nodded to them with a smile as they approached.  "Morning sirs!  Is there anything I can-"  "Leave this land now you filthy human.  And rid our town of your stench."  Itzal sighed and shook his head.  "Not even passive aggressive huh?  Up until we slayed the previous floor boss you haven't even seen, let alone heard of a human.  Why then would you be racist against us?"  "Speak without respect again and you won't be alive to ask anything,"  Velnia shifted on his shoulder, drawing their attention to her.  One of then narrowed his eyes at the creature and she yawned in a rather bored like fashion.  The dark elf grit his teeth at the 'disrespect' and moved to attack her when Itzal suddenly shifted a little.  That's when they noticed that he was in a stance prepared for battle the minute they started their conversation.  He was a veteran when it came to combat, not a novice.  "Leave now or there will be trouble."  "I'll head out as soon as my friend gets here.  I chose to meet her out here instead of in the town because you guys don't like our kind.  Be patient and we'll be out of your hair."  Angrily they walked back into the town.  Itzal had a feeling this wasn't the last he'd see of them...

@Hestia

I make my way through the floor at a relaxed pace with my hands within my pockets keeping a sharp lookout for anybody that could try to rough me up or rob me. Not feeling up to the task of wanting to deal with NPCs that could try to take what would belong to me. My familiar sticks to by my side as i glance towards a child that looks ready to fling a rock as i give the dark elf child a glare and slowly pulls out my sword from its scabbard causing the child to run away. After the child runs away i sigh softly and shakes my head ignoring the yells of dark elves causing me a terrorer, and heartless fiend. 'I don't want to do any of this, but i won't stand by and allow these elven people to harm my Kuro. To harm my best friend.' I think to myself as i eventually make it towards the entrance where i see itzal and gives a genuine kind smile at seeing someone i can actually stand being by. How are you Itzal? You ready to leave? I ask not noticing the almost tooo eager tone i said when i said the word leave.

Itzal stroked Velnia's head and looked up when he heard Hestia's voice.  He nodded with a smile and said, "They've been causing trouble for you as well huh?  Come on let's go ahead and head out.  I suggest we avoid the underdark for now.  I just can't say that word and not think of dungeons and dragons though...  Anyway, if we encounter any monsters I'll probably not wear Niger Natio so that we won't draw more unwanted attention from the dark elves.  A black hooded and masked figure with a lightning sword and dragon is not a very welcoming sight on a place where they already dislike you.  I wonder why they hate humans if they've never seen them.  What we could have done to cause such anger.  And what the best method for reversing it could be.  Hopefully we can make this floor a little more peaceful."  Itzal lead Hestia onward into the forest.  Down a path where dark elf hunters may or may not be.  In all honesty there didn't seem to be any place void of elves so it was a risk wherever they went.

@Hestia

I nod my head towards you question as i follow alongside you nodding my head at the mention of the game. Having easily associated it with the thing Shield had mentioned when they were looking for the tower of the boss room. Honestly you have to wonder sometimes if floors are meant to be connected or something. You have elves scattered all over the place it just makes you wonder. I say with a shrug of my shoulders as i walk alongside you out of the town to be greeted to the cavern like systems of the underdark that has the occasional plantlife that slowly becomes more and more common the closer we get to the upperside of the floor. Where the boss room was found, and where the forest elves reside at. My familiar quickly flies on over towards Velnia to play with her while they travel. The lion seemingly doing a equivalent of a smile when meeting up with its friend. Honestly itzal i don't think these people are going to be the kind sort of people. They just seem like supremacists for their own kind if anything if they have never seen a human before, but at the sametime they seem not to surprised when they saw us initially. Which means they are either hiding their curiosity of our biology and such or they have seen humans before.

He put his hand to his chin as he thought about what she had said.  "Well, that is an interesting theory...  Actually I think I'll look into that more.  Take a closer look at the many floors and see if...  Maybe..  Something for me to think about."  When Kuro flew over to Velnia she saw him smile and almost celebrated it.  She gave him a little familiar hug before leading him off to the side so they could play games of tag and hide and go seek...  Though preferably tag, since it seemed to her that Kuro was getting closer to matching her speed the more they did it.  Itzal listened to Hestia's words and smiled sadly.  "Do you know why bullies become bullies?  It's usually because of three reasons.  Growing up they lacked something.  Maybe it was kindness.  Maybe it was strong intelligence.  Maybe good looks.  It sparks jealousy in them and a bully is born.  Another reason is if they were abused in some way as a child, and they take out their anger and stress on others.  A third manner is when they are full of self doubt.  They grow up feeling weak, vulnerable, defenseless.  And to counter that they do whatever they can to make others feel weak and inferior.  I'd say the dark elves fit into the third category.  Just because the entire race is like that, doesn't mean they are beyond hope.  They are broken, and it's up to us to learn what happened, and try to help heal that wound they've been carrying for who knows how long.  You believe in helping those who are hurt right?  Shouldn't we help them so that they can help others?  And I know this sounds stupid, believe me.  I already have a friend who thinks treating npcs like they're real is an idiot tactic.  But I can't help it."

@Hestia

I just shake my head no not knowing why people become the way they are at all. I just listen and nod my head along as i save the information and my mind auto making a link to Domarus and how he acts. Finding the fit to be rather perfect in every way possible. When it comes to the helping of NPCs i don't put much faith in it at all in trying to change them Itzal. I know they look human and it is hard not to want to help them, but when it comes down to it the fact is they are programs. We can't change them at all, and the only way we could is if the game had a quest or some kind of big floor event that would allow their perception to be changed. That is even suggesting Cardinal would care enough to try and do that. I say with a shrug of my shoulders as we continue walking through the underdark as i just walk the way that i know towards the exit. Knowing enough of the layout to know where to go down to a science at this point. I think back towards Domarus and nods my head knowing that the mistreatment fits rather perfectly for himself. Though the idea of a bully might be a bit too much, but also fits because of him needing a outlet which turned into keres.

Itzal chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.  "Yeeaaah, in that case I'm definitely hopeless if you believe it's not worth my time trying to help npcs.  I just can't help it though.  I don't actively try to help them, but if I run into some npcs I can help, I do my best...  Though come to think of it, I've come across many npcs across the floors that I was able to influence in many ways.  Almost as if their programming gave them a personality that could operate on it's own..  Do you think cardinal is slowly giving npc's an official programming and thinking process rather than a set command of phrases and responses?"  He thought about this as they walked.  While they did Velnia continued playing with Kuro, doing what she could to slowly get the familiar to do more and more bursts of speed.  She wanted him to be as fast as she was to make the games more interesting.  That, but if they were the same speed they could have races, and train together to increase their speed further.  She was like a lightning bolt, shooting in random directions at rather fast speed.  It seemed like she had no pattern, but she was being strategic.  Kuro would not be able to cut her off anywhere and would only catch her if he could follow behind and keep up.

@Hestia

I like to believe the NPCs are built like AIs all around. That they are self-sufficient beings that are programmed to act and behave in a certain manner that is whatever they were programmed to be like. That is what i believe in regards to how they are meant to be like. I don't like to put in any bets to them just being programmed responses done by conditional phrases since that would ruin the magic of this world. I say with a small smile on my face as i put my hands behind my head. You know? I would i rather believe that they somehow have all the computational power in the world and just have a bunch of AIs on every floor doing things. I mean it is entirely possible if they have that ever changing program Cardinal in charge forging the world and keeping things up to date and all that. I say with a nod of my head as i walk alongside you as i watch Kuro chase after Velnia competing with her speed as best as he can do so with his larger frame and weight still slowing him down. Most likely being able to match her speed if it wasn't for his size by now. So while i do think trying to change these NPCs minds is a lost cause i do think if a situation was setup where Cardinal allowed their outlook to change it would be entirely possible. It is just a matter of knowing when and how. I say to you as i slowly start seeing more and more vegetation as i grin rather happily at the sight. Knowing that means we are close to getting out of the underdark.

Itzal nodded to Hestia, understanding what it was she meant.  "Yeah I understand.  I still have hope that we can change them over time though."  Soon they were out of the underdark and Itzal put his arms behind his head and stretched.  "Sweet we're out~  So we could go look for materials and chests, or we could look for some mobs to fight...  Though the monsters may be a bit tough col and gear is, well, col and gear heh.  Speaking of which, does your guild need any col?  For a guild hall and such?  Or is there anything else you guys are purchasing?"  Velnia continued to keep up her speed as they continued to play tag.  Every now and then she'd give him the chance to tag her back as, this was a game and not actual training.  Still, Velnia wondered how long it would take before Kuro figured out what she had been doing.  How she had been helping him get faster and faster specifically so that they could do so much more together.  Most of these exercises required him to not actually know her end game and just roll with it, so she hoped not.  As she flew around she thought she saw a snake shoot into the brush and watch them from inside.  She cocked her head curiously and that made her slow down, enough to be caught and get tagged.

@Hestia

I smile rather happily at being out of the underdark. The entire time down there being usually miserable with very little good things happening there at all. 'I wonder if there are any meaningful quests that could be found up here?' i wonder to myself as i look out through the vast nothingness that is the exit of the underdark. No nature, or anything seen for miles except for the tower that is right besides us. I look at the structure and runs my hand gently along its stoned structure wondering what use to reside within it. "love live the queen" i frown remembering the words that Shield said were on the wall of the boss room as i look at the tower. Did you use to be a castle? I say softly to myself as i gaze upon the tower that is by itself with a hint of sadness at what could've been a beautiful sprawling city and castle that was brought down in some war or over time.  I then snap back to reality as i gaze over towards the person i have been conversing with and gives Itzal a kind smile.

Well in regards to the actual whole guild hall thing i could buy it entirely by myself from funds that i have saved up. I have spent time mob grinding with some guildmates here and there before where we split he rewards. Along with having done some mob grinding with some non guild members. I say with a nod of my head towards itzal as i then gaze back to the castle for a split second before looking back towards my fellow player. In all honesty for what i want to do. I want to do what you usually do or should do. Explore the floor and find spectacular things and spectacles that could be amazing. Quests that have never been catalogued, events that will blow our minds, beasts of unusual sizes. I chuckle after saying that and smiles remembering a old movie rather fondly. Or even just explore the wonderful nature that can be found if we walked for quite awhile away from this tower. Shield theorized that some kind of war happened that ransacked ever bit of nature around this tower. Which is possible if they had some kind of fire bombs or something that spewed fire. This entire area is dead, and looks like it has been dead for a loooong time. I say towards you.

Kuro chases after Velnia at top speeds rushing towards the small and swift dragon with a smirk on his face. When they break through the underdark it grins at the oppurtunity to burst through the surface and resume there game in a much more spacious area. Kuro grins at the challenge as it chases swiftly at the small dragon not noticing the small snake trying to hide underneath some rubble of the tower and tags the dragon. After doing so he eagerly bursts with speed once more through the air to get away from the swift but small dragon. Not noticing that his wings have gotten tougher during his games with the dragon thus having allowed him to propel himself forward a lot faster through the more force he is able to generate with stronger wing muscles.

Soon the air did a completely one eighty.  The temperature switched from a murky, humid and frigid like feeling to a gentle warm breeze.  It was such a pleasant feeling, especially after being in the underdark.  Itzal closed his eyes and just stood there for a moment to enjoy the nice breeze that kicked up, causing his coat to flap in the air.  His hands were in his pockets to keep the coat from flying off of him and just stood there.  Even Velnia sat down for a moment with her wings in the air to let the wind breeze between them.  When it calmed once again he opened his eyes.  Not only was the air warmer and no longer humid, it wasn't as heavy as it was in the cave.  Not as stuffy, thick.  In addition to this, the rather unpleasant smell that they had the displeasure of having in the Underdark was very much absent out here.  He was glad for that, glad that they had finally made a floor that, while it had some dark areas, did in fact have a lot of pleasant lands as well.  Suddenly he heard Hestia say something and turned to her.  "I didn't catch that, what did you say?"  Soon he realized she was talking to himself and followed his gaze to the tower.  While Hestia was wondering whether it was once part of a castle, Itzal was almost certain it had been.  Either castle or a fortress of some kind.  It was clear there had been a war for some time, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise to him.

He listened to Hestia as she explained to him that she had been going mob grinding so many times with her fellow guild mates and with total strangers and friends.  Because of these continuous adventures and col hoarding, she had more than enough col to purchase an entire guild hall all by herself.  He nodded with a chuckle as he had quite a bit himself.  Though it was greatly reduced since he had purchased a place for him and Jenna to live together.  He nodded to her.  "Alright then, I guess col isn't as useful as everyone thinks it is heh.  Beyond saving up for a guild hall and a house there really isn't much use.  Other than, well, purchasing from merchants, as well as having items approved in the hopes that we get something with the right stats and perhaps a unique enhancement.  Which tends to take forever.."  Hestia then went on to discussing what she wanted to do with Itzal and brought up the desire to do what he typically did:  Explore the floors and find every nook and cranny.  Itzal grinned when she said that.  "Speaking of which, I have floors one through four fully mapped up, and several others nearly finished as well.  Only when new quests are released is there anything new for me to discover.  As far as cataloging, I was planning to do that soon.  I should really get started on that...  Printing out books and guides on the many quests among the floors.  Hidden details on the lore of the floors, little gems that people haven't discovered before.  Who knows?  Maybe I can get other people to share what they encountered or learn, have the book grow that way.  I also want to publish some training guides for players who want to train without, erm.  Going to military like players for training."  When Hestia mentioned how Shield suspected this place was once a war zone Itzal nodded.  "He's completely right.  If you look at the tower there, the top of it?  The way it's chipped mimics the way a boulder would smash it off if thrown from a trebuchet perfectly.  Those stones over there are further proof of such machines as they aren't ruins, but loose stones that were scattered among the battle field.  If we dug around here we would certainly see skeletons and old artifacts.  If you look closely, you always see the story."

When Velnia got tagged she yelped in surprise.  She hadn't been tagged before.  Her eyes flashed with excitement and energy as she shot off like a lightning bolt to follow Kuro.  The familiar would notice that she wasn't holding back as she was at one of her top speeds.  Her fastest time was unbeatable as she moved at the literal speed of a lightning bolt, but while her current speed was far slower than a literal lightning bolt speed, this was by far her second fastest.  And Kuro was able to keep his distance for about five full seconds before she caught up and made an attempt to touch his tail or wings with her nose.

@Hestia

I look towards you as you speak of the necessity of COL and i shrug my shoulders. I mean i wouldn't even have enough COL for myself all that much really...well okay that might be a exaggeration really. Though i wouldn't really have all that much in comparison to what i have now if i had gotten my armor and weapons from Macradon. I say with a nod of my head with a small sigh as i rub the back of my head as i look towards itzal with a nod of my head. So COL is pretty dang nice for what Macradon charges for just now. I men seriously 10K per gear thing if you want it perfect. I don't even want to think about what it will be like when we get tier four stuffs. His prices are so disturbing to even think about. I say in a overdramatic tone. having gripped at my heart when speaking of even thinking at them and putting the back of my arm against my head and tilting my head back as if a spotlight was shined upon me if i was on a stage. After that little moment i go back to being normal standing normally and chuckling to myself. Meh. I know that was silly, but just trying to have my fun in my life. Gets kinda boring really with nothing fun seemingly happening. I really need to meet up with Jomei or something to help with my songs. I say outloud mainly towards myself more then you when speaking of my songs.

I glance towards the tower and just nods to myself fine with it being a old war relic if anything as i then turn to Itzal. Well we've been here enough for now. We can't go and find things if we stick to being within one place. Come on we got a very long and flat field to cross before we get to anything actually interesting. I say towards him with a nod of my head as i start to make my way through the fields with having a firm grip upon my sword and shield. Knowing that no mobs were seen while Shield and i were traveling but that could easily be a fluke with powerful monsters just being over the horizon or hiding in plain sight. I look towards the two familiars playing tag as i chuckle at Kuro just getting tagged as he tries to chase after the small little dragon once more. Seems like Kuro finally got a point in there little game of tag. Though i guess one tag is impressive since there is probably a huge difference in times they've been tagged. Like 1 for Kuro and never for Velnia until just now i guess. I say with a small smile at the rather joyful game between the familiars. Being reminded of just two dogs or something playing and having fun. I smile  a bit at such a thing as i nod my head. hey Itzal. When i get out of here i am so getting a dog. Maybe like a black Lab. Something like that so i can name him Kuro. I don't ever want to forget my little familiar and the time we spent together in here. I say softly and happily with a small smile on my face with my posture totally relaxed with no sign of tenseness anywhere. Just being happy with living in the moment of watching two friends play. Instead of the usual tiring job of finding one quest after another to complete.

Kuro feels Velnia tag him and seemingly shoot away at faster speeds then he has ever seen before and grins the entire time of that ocuring. The lion beats his wings harder trying to push them towards there limits to get one more tag in before the small dragon could disappear totally from his vision. Kuro chases the small little dragon as long as he can before he starts to feel a strain upon his wings as he quickly lands on the ground panting heavily. His wings very slowly and carefully moving back towards his body for safety as Kuro looks rather tired and ready to lay down as he glances towards me as i nod my head. I open up my inventory and gets out a bottle of water and makes my way over to Kuro and gently starts feeding him some water so he can stay hydrated. There you go Kuro. Slowly now. No need to accidentally start coughing or choking on water. I say in a soft and gentle voice as i look down towards my familiar as he drinks the water up from my right hand while the left pours it slowly and carefully to avoid any spilling needlessly on the ground.

Hearing Hestia talk about her col being far too low to buy all of that, he looked at her curiously.  Since what she said before and what she was saying now contradicted one another.  Then she mentioned how she was over exaggerating when it came to how little col she had.  He chuckled but didn't say anything and simply allowed her to continue.  Issues with col had been divided into two categories lately.  Either you grind the hell out of mobs and become the richest player ever, or you didn't spend all your time grinding and end up dirt poor.  It was an unfortunate bit but a truth nonetheless.  Hestia then explained how the reason she said all of this was because of Macradon's prices.  He blinked when she told him the warrior charged one thousand col for perfect items.  When she mentioned how his pricing was disturbing to think about, and when she did it in a dramatic flare Itzal laughed a little and nodded in agreement.  "Certainly.  That is a rather steep price.  Unfortunately no one is training to replace him as best and most active blacksmith so far, so he kind of controls the blacksmith market being rank ten.  If someone else could reach that rank then we wouldn't have much of an issue.  Also, if you need to buy something I have an abundance of materials you can use to purchase with.  Remember, as a scout I can find and replace materials very easily.  Especially with the new 'nature's gathering' thread.  That sucker is a life saver.  I may do some mob grinding in there sometime....  Actually, I may even store up col and donate it to lower level players.  They sure as hell could use the boost."  He then heard her mention how things had been getting rather boring as of late and Itzal nodded in understanding.  When she mentioned her songs however, he looked to her.  "Well if I can help in any way let me know alright?"

Hestia looked back up at the tower and nodded in agreement, acknowledging that it was indeed a part of a castle or fortress, just damaged and broken from some forgotten war.  When she turned to him he expected some conversation related to the old war and what it may have been about..  Then she surprised him and.  Well semi surprised him by saying that they should probably go ahead and head out, explore and such.  When she stated how they couldn't find anything if they hung around here he nodded in agreement to her point.  "Yeah that makes sense.  It's cool to study the world and structures, and research the lore and history of these floors.  They can be very fascinating to discover...  Either that or they turn out to be very plain and dull, but it seems we left those types of floors behind us now.  Hey Kayaba!  How about an update for the previous floors eh?  That would be nice!"  Itzal nodded to Hestia when she reminded him that they had a lot of ground to cover and that they should head out.  As they began walking out he saw her grip her sword tightly.  Itzal didn't worry about defense much, as his reflexes were quick enough for him to draw his sword to deflect and parry blows.  Not only that but it probably helped him when he had light armor that didn't restrain his movements.  When Kuro managed to tag Velnia Itzal chuckled along with Hestia.  "Yeah seriously.  I don't know if you've noticed, but the more the two play together, the faster Kuro is getting."  He leaned in to Hestia and whispered to her:  "I think this is what Velnia was trying to do all this time.  Have you noticed she's been slowly speeding up every match?"  Then Hestia mentioned how she planned to get a black lab dog when she returned to the real world, and name him Kuro.  Itzal chuckled and looked at Velnia.  "I'd do the same, but I doubt there's any animal that could match her personality.  To be honest, if I could send data from this game to any storage unit, I'd hack into her file near the end of the game, and send her into said unit.  That way I could still have her when we're out."

@Hestia

I nod my head with a small sigh at the whole part of someone being trained to be a more active blacksmith. Knowing that is relatively true for the most part. Well i know you are right Itzal though i did say i get this new gear without having to pay Macradon's prices. I say with a grin on my face at that little fact of managing to avoid spending almost 70K col to one person alone. I happen to have a friend who is a blacksmith that is almost rank ten who is willing to make me gear. Even if said requests were so close together i am surprised she didn't slap me with her axe. I say with a chuckle as i rub the back of my head with a slight nervous chuckle. I ordered seven perfect armor basically within a month time span i feel so sorry for her from having to deal with me ordering new gear so quickly after the last set. I say with a smile as i walk through the dead wasteland of the twenty third floor looking around with disappointment at everything that i can see. Seeing no signs of life for miles upon miles knowing that it is going to take awhile till anything that could be of use comes into sight.

I smile a bit happily hearing that you are going to start a charity service basically. i am glad that you are going to do so Itzal. That way people can be prepared as much as they can while taking their first steps. Since i think it is possible that the most common deaths are caused from being under prepared which might stem from the whole not having enough Col. I say while glancing towards teh ground at such thoughts. thinking of the possibility of so many players having died from possibly not having enough gear to survive. I glance back towards you and just gives a kind smile and a nod of my head. Well at least you will find something to push your money towards. i still have a home, and a guild hall to buy once i can think of the right decour and such for everything. Especially when it comes to a home i don't even know where to begin. i say with a chuckle and a shrug of my shoulders a s i keep my hands holding onto my sword and shield. ready for a fight to break out at any moment possible. Not trusting this new floor at all. I then hear you shout to the sky as i give you a pat on the back. Come on Itzal you know he isn't listening to you. He is probably more preoccupied with testing our mental stability, or writing how successful or failing this social experiment is. I say with a shrug of my shoulders still not knowing and really not wishing to understand the machinations of the madman that was Kayaba's plan for trapping thousands of players in a game.

I smile as i feed my familiar his drink of water as he rests his wings by just walking alongside myself as i nod my head towards you with a smile. Whispering back to do my best to keep Kuro from hearing this. I know Velnia is trying to get him faster, but he does have more limitations then she does. he is bigger for one and more bulky thus meaning he is working himself a lot harder to try and match her. At best he might just be able to do short little bursts before needing long rests. i say softly towards you as we walk through the top side of floor twenty three signs of life still being rather minimal for things that could be anything close to nature. Also, you can't be guranteed being able to hack Velnia out of here. I mean i am pretty sure keeping thousands of people trapped in a game is illegal. The police will probably delete this world and everything in it once we escape, or steal it for themselves to work on making it better somehow. I say with a shrug of my shoulders not really knowing what the end result is going to be. Just glancing towards my familiar and feeling ab it saddened knowing my time spent with him won't be forever.

She seemed to agree with him whole heartedly, understanding how the crafting market worked.  Whoever was the highest rank called the prices.  If you wanted an item done perfectly and done well you had to abide by those prices.  Itzal wished it was easier to craft or rank up but that was the way of it unfortunately.  Hestia then mentioned that while Macradon's prices were absolutely absurd, she didn't actually have to pay the prices to get the items she needed.  He looked at her with mock suspicion for a second, wondering how she could get Macradon to craft her items and yet at the same time not pay the full price for said items.  Then she mentioned how she had another friend who was rank ten who would craft said items.  That made sense he thought to himself.  Then she mentioned requests being together and something about being slapped by an ax which went over his head, but he didn't mind.  He got the gist of it.  Then he figured it out when Hestia told him that she ordered seven pieces of armor at the same time and nodded.  "Aaaaah.  Yeah it can be a little challenge, especially if you don't have the materials.  Hey, just let her know that if she needs any materials in the future to let me know ok?  I enjoy helping other people, especially when it's kind of the only type of work I can do well in Aincrad.  Not many uses for a scout besides finding materials, finding dungeons, and locating the labyrinth.  That and I've been getting a bit bored lately soooo." 

Hearing Hestia agree with his plan to store up col and donate it to lower leveled players, supporting him in that made him feel a bit more comfortable.  He wondered if he could get other players in on it too.  Speaking with the front liners, asking if anyone who doens't have the need for col anymore would be willing to give their excess col to lower leveled players.  Then he could collect it and distribute it to the players in need evenly.  He could name a few front liners who may be too selfish to do so, but most of them he couldn't see that happening.  If Zandra was willing to do it then the income could be greater, if she was active that is.  When Hestia mentioned how most deaths seemed to be due to unpreparedness Itzal shrugged.  "You'd be surprised, most of the time it's because they bite more than they can chew.  Instead of taking it slow and taking down one monster, then resting till they are ready again, they attack another.  And another.  And they just keep going till they die, which usually doesn't take long.  Gear is important, but a level head and the right pace is just as important."  Hestia commented how he at least had something to push is col towards.  How she didn't know what kind of guild hall to buy since she wasn't sure what kind of style or decor to get.  "Check with your guild is my suggestion.  My guild preferred a building that wasn't tiny, but wasn't huge and boastful either.  The Knights of the Blood Oaths' guild is the exact opposite of what we want if you want an example.  And I'm pretty sure you've seen the guild yourself at some point right?  We wanted a family feel so we chose what is up there right now."  When she told him that Kayaba probably wasn't watching and that he was shouting in vane he shrugged.  "I'll give ya fifty col if it turns out he was watching and laughing.  Either him or cardinal system.  I've seen npc's have humor a lot, cardinal has to have a sense of humor.  Though do you really think he's going to go through all of that?  Personally I see him giving that assignment to his programs, and just enjoying the game, the world he's created himself."

He listened to what she said about Velnia and Kuro and nodded.  "That's true.  If that's the case I would suggest talking to Velnia directly about it, keep her from pushing him too far.  Actually I'd talk to them both since Kuro himself might not understand this.  As for hacking Velnia, not only do I doubt people would notice one npc out of trillions going missing, but I've got nothing to lose right?"

@Hestia

I just look towards you with a raised eyebrow as i look you directly in your eyes with one of much doubt. I cross my arms at my chest and shift my weight towards the right side of my body as i shift my gaze from yourself towards my familiar. The emotions flickering from concern when glancing towards my familiar to just neutralness when gazing to you. You do know that it isn't the case of can you hack one out of a trillion going misisng. it is the case of could you even see yourself moving at all? Or hacking into a server that probably has more cyber security then your nearest trillion dollar bank. Itzal i seriously think you should give up on the idea of hacking Velnia out of here. You probably wouldn't be healthy enough to do so in time, and that isn't even taking into account the amount of hacking you would have to do to have a chance. I say to you my tone having shifted from rather direct and forward. having gripped your shoulder to make sure you understood what i was saying for the most part till the last sentence. Where it shifted to soft and sympathetic as i gaze into your eyes and gives you a gentle hug. I know you want to save Velnia. i wish i could do the same for Kuro, but i am being realistic with knowing that wouldn't be possible with the condition we are in, in the real world. I say as i take a step back and look towards the ground before i shake my head knowing i should try to change the subject to something to lighten the mood up since it is a walk through a new floor. Depression having not been the first thing i thought would happen on such a walk.

Itzal there is something that i should talk to you about regarding a player. I say as my mind catches up with my mouth far to late. 'What are you even thinking you idiot! Now is not the time after depression speak! Go to something happy like a nice picnic! or like a sunset! Buuut nooo i had to think of this right away! Stupid brain!' I yell at myself as i start laughing nervously as i wave my hand quickly. Nevermind, nervermind. No need to sour this walk anymore then i have with my talk, and if you want to hear more later we can talk about it later once we have cheered up a bit more you know! i say quickly thinking on my feet for words to say. Turning to face you directly while i walk by letting my left side lead towards the direction we are walking rather then the normal walking forward. Once i finish speaking i go back to facing forward and proceeds to speed walk a bit faster to avoid any awkward counter talk about the topic i almost started. My familiar just walking along behind us letting his wings rest for the moment.

He listened to Hestia's concern for a moment, and how she believed it to be entirely impossible to get Velnia out.  What she said had made sense, and he admitted he should probably find a way to practice hacking so he could get better at it, keep his skills from getting rusty.  "I appreciate the concern and the warning, but I don't believe anything is impossible.  Improbably yes, but I always have hope for success.  Who knows?  I may encounter another hacker or two who I could convince to help me.  Just because the odds are against me doesn't mean I can't do it.  And if I make the attempt and fail, I don't lose anything so there's no real reason I shouldn't try it right?  If it doesn't work however, I could always add Velnia to the video game I plan to make when we get out.  If I could just see Velnia's coding I could probably do my best to memorize the important bits.  Anyway, the point is there's no harm in trying.  Got to have hope you know?"  Hope was what mankind was built upon.  Without hope no one would get anywhere, give up before they even tried.  If someone told him to give up before he even tried it only pushed him to try even more.  When she hugged him and spoke about realism he smiled and hugged back.  "I know Hestia, just remember that if you are too realistic.  If you look at the world as it is and don't apply hope to what you see.  Then the world becomes hopeless.  Nothing you do matters at all.  At that point, all you're left with is drastic attempts to fill in the void in your heart.  Trying desperately to pleasure yourself, make yourself happy, or make others just as miserable as you are.  Then there's also trying to be in control so you don't feel powerless to others.  Hope keeps us afloat Hestia.  And I like to make a habit of applying hope to every aspect of my life, no matter how small."

Suddenly she mentioned wanting to talk to Itzal about a player.  Or rather that she should talk to him about someone.  He looked at her curiously.  "Alright who is it?  If it's Hikoru, yes he's been through a lot and he's rather....  Odd."  then suddenly she started waving her hand at him and tried to disregard it, mentioning how she wanted something cheery not sour.  Itzal was silent for a moment before he spoke, his face serious.  "Hestia, I usually indulge these dodges, but I'm going to ask you this time:  What is it?  Who is it?  It's clearly troubling you and if I'm honest I haven't seen you like this before.  What's going on?"  When Hestia sped up he put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to stop.  "Hestia.  Tell me what's going on ok?"

@Hestia

I just gaze towards you and gives you a kind smile not replying back with any words just a small action as my mind has a less happier outlook then what my face is showing. 'Itzal you are just setting yourself up for failure. I can only hope that when you realize you won't ever see her code, or anything like that you won't be absolutely devastated knowing your precious companion is gone to the ether as the game crumbles along with everything else.' I think to myself as i just smile on the outside hiding these thoughts to myself as i just nod my head. Being realistic also offers a way to not be blinded by being blindly optimistic. To know what your odds of success actually are, and to face the music of the situation where things could go hopelessly wrong in some many ways. I'm not all about the facts, but i do step carefully on the line of knowing when i am way too over my head about things. I say towards you as i put a hand on my hip as i look towards you keeping eye contact.

As soon as i start to try and leave i feel a hand on my shoulder as my fists tighten up ever so slightly as i take a deep calming breathe to steady my nerves realizing my mistake in this entire situation as i bite my lower lip slightly. 'I am so sorry Raven. Stay safe for me.' I think to myself as i turn around to face Itzal my expression changing from cheery normalness to dead serious with a look of fierce determination blazing in my eyes. Fine but realize this means you're in this with me and that i am risking a lot by saying anything. Understand? I ask you in a serious tone keeping that same look within my eyes as i wait for a positive answer and if i get one i would continue. A player by the name of Domarus who is in charge of Sovereign Union is trying to take over Aincrad through manipulation. I am not standing for that at all and i am trying to stop him, and i won't let anything get in my way. I say with a certain force on the word anything while is stare you down as i say the word. Now then before i continue what do you have to say?