[F2-PP] Hard as a rock. <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

As Myth successfully teleported to the gate of Floor two he couldnt help but be a little surprised at least. “So it turns out it was true, we really did clear Floor one. This sure looks a lot different, like a completely different place. I guess I can just explore for a bit.. maybe I can find a quest that doesn’t require any actual combat or anything. Actually I think I know of one.”

Myth continued walking through the floor, looking for the nearest town. Eventually he came upon it, a town known as Marome Village. Deciding it wasn’t better than nothing, Myth entered the town and figured he would find somebody to ask about a certain quest. He had asked people before about some of the quests but now he needed specifics on where to find the NPC just so he would be able to start the quest. He was a bit suspicious though as whenever he asked about It people would laugh at him as if the quest was a sort of joke.

”Breaking the Unbreakable? Is this actually a quest or is everybody just trying to pull my leg about it?” Myth shrugged and stuffed his hands into his pockets while he continued roaming.

Edited by Myth

Olive eyes scanned the horizon of the second floor, getting a perfect view of the stone walls surrounding Urbus and the rooftops of all of the buildings inside. A small smile crept onto the man's lips as he looked out at the town he once called home, enjoying the reminiscing site. Now, the man fought on the front lines, and lived in his own home on the eleventh floor (rather than just sleeping inside of his shop), with his soon to be wife. Life really had taken a turn for the better in recent months, and Jomei could not be any happier.

Pressing his gloved hands against the grass he sat on, the ginger rose to his feet and stood atop the tall hill that stood tall over Marome village. "Hm.. I don't think I've ever been there before.." Jomei said to himself before turning his chin to look at the brown owl that sat on his shoulder, "Why don't we head down there and check it out, then we can head back home." With slow, careful steps, Jomei made his way down the side of the hill until he was on level ground, where he moved directly into the small, unfamiliar village. Not many players walked the streets, and any that did had the starting armor equipped and did not look as though they were planning to go out into the crossing fields anytime soon. The Irishman stroked his chin, looking from building to building, "I wonder if there's a place to grab a pint in this town.."

@Myth

All around him he saw players in a similar situation as himself. However he was different from them. Everybody else seemed content with just letting other people go out and fight for them, risk their lives just so they could get free. Myth was different, he wanted to be on the front lines but he didn’t have a choice after what he had gone through. Now he was stuck in a spot where he had to play catch up. He learned that plenty of other people were already level 50, leagues ahead of him and Myth could only imagine that he could have been one of those guys. He had the ambition, the determination, he was merely unlucky.

The redhead’s thoughts were interrupted when he caught eyes on somebody that definitely wasn’t wearing starting armor. Was he one of those guys that was level 50 or higher he heard about? If so he probably completed this quest already and would be a great asset. The boy ran up to the other male and gave him a smile. “Excuse me sir! Have you got a minute? I’m looking for the NPC that gives out the quest called ‘Breaking the Unbreakable’. You heard of it? Due to.. certain circumstances I’m still st a very low level and I heard this quest was danger free and I’d be able to get some ok EXP from it.”

@Jomei

The ginger's search for a place to sit down and have a drink was interrupted by a player rushing up to him, calling out to him. Jomei quickly halted and looked at the other redhead, who was slightly shorter than him, and seemed quite a few years younger as well. Who was Jomei to deny a player in need, so as a friendly smile crept onto Jomei's lips, he nodded, "Sure, what can I do for you?" he asked curiously. The warm smile that Jomei wore slowly faded when he heard mention of "Breaking the Unbreakable" .. not that damn quest again. It was almost as if the ginger was cursed by that quest, always around when players needed help with it, or even just mentioned it. Closing his eyes for a moment, Jomei took in a sharp breath through his nostrils before returning his attention to the player. Jomei nodded, before pointing towards the outskirts of town, a couple of short mountains poking out from behind a forest, "There's an old man that lives in a small hut in the mountains, just over that way. Usually once you enter the radius of his hut, he will end up coming to you when you least expect it." The ginger chuckled, "Just.. don't be surprised when he takes your weapon." He felt the need to give the player the small bit of information about not being able to use a weapon... however, as a joke, he kept the 'whiskers' to himself.

@Myth

Myth couldn’t help but furrow his eyebrows when the male began to lose his smile. Was there something wrong? Originally when he asked other people about the quest they all laughed about it when they heard he was interested in it. Now this guy seemed to have a sort of grudge with it? Was it dangerous? ”Right, old man in a hut.. but he’s taking my weapon? I mean I heard it was a danger free quest and all but why don’t I get my sword? Also, I feel there’s something you’re not telling me. I may not be the smartest guy but I can tell by your face you had some sort of experience to say the least with the quest. Do you mind explaining?”

The redhead stuffed his hands into his pockets as he questioned the man before him. ”Oh, by the way, my name is Myth.” With an introduction made he figured the man would do the same. Perhaps he could convince this guy to come with him on the quest. 

Jomei nodded his head a few times as the young player questioned what the ginger had already told him, "There is no danger in the quest.. I guess aside from possibly running into a monster on the way to the quest I suppose. Basically.. you'll have to break a boulder with your bare hands." Jomei chuckled, bringing his arms up and crossing them about his check as he shifted his weight, "Its tedious... very very tedious work.. but it unlocks the Martial Arts skill.. which can come in handy from time to time," his shoulders rose and fell with a small shrug, "Or, in most cases, you just do it for the extra experience and Skill points." Olive eyes widened a bit when the red head accused him of hiding something from him, was Jomei making any sort of face (aside from his dislike of the quest itself) that would make him think so? The ginger shook his head, "I'm not hiding anything from you. Nothing of importance at least." 

Finally learning the player's name, Myth, Jomei figured he would introduce himself as well. "Jomei. Pleasure to meet you." he said with a slight bow of his head. He was not being quick to rid himself of Myth, but he also was not too fond of going to help yet another player with this quest.. though judging by his introduction, and the hopeful look on his face.. Jomei knew exactly what he wanted. "You.. want me to go with you, don't you." the Irishman said as he brought a hand up, rubbing the nape of his neck. 

@Myth

• 3 weeks later...

Myth quickly learned that asking this person who he soon learned was named Jomei was a good decision. Jomei has already completed the quest and was able to tell him it rewarded him the Martial Arts skill which could definitely come in handy. When he was about to ask him for some assistance, or at least try to get him to come with, Jomei already offered his support. Myth couldn’t help but nod, his mind having been read. ”Yeah, that would be pretty helpful. It would make it a bit less tedious, don’t you think? I mean, unless you have something better to do then I don’t want to trouble you, sir.”

The redhead placed his hands on either side of his waist as he awaited the others response. At this point Myth began to wonder how far this guy had went. He heard the front liners cleared up to the 23rd floor or something like that so he couldn’t help but wonder how far he had went and just what was in store for him up ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course. Jomei thought, there were not many people he ran into wanting to take this quest that didn't ask for his help. Especially after telling them he had done it, as if there was some secret way to complete the quest. Though that secret, Jomei supposed, was finding someone with the skill to go along with them..The ginger chuckled, "Nah. I'm free for the day. Simply doing some reminiscing about the floor is all." The man stepped past Myth, gesturing with his hand to follow him, "I'll show you where to go, it won't take long." Slipping between some of the cottages that made up the Northern side of Marome Village, Jomei and his new companion made their way through the small forest, in the direction of the mountains he had pointed out before. "Sometimes, to mix things up.. The old man's hut changes location. Keep an eye open to see if you see anything." Jomei turned to the owl on his shoulder, requesting the same thing of her. With a nod of her feathered head, Adere took off into the sky high above the two, scouting the ground below her for any signs of the quest giver. 

@Myth