[F1-PP] Enegery for a Mute {Neopolitan}

Sunova was laying on the bed she rented in the Inn she always stayed in. Putting her hand up into the air as her white hair was laying still on the bed. What can I do today, Maybe have some fun? I don't want to see another boar pup ever again. She thought to herself as she got up from the bed. As she walked down she asked the Innkeeper for a piece of bread so she could it eat while trying to find out what to do. The Innkeeper gave her a piece of bread and with all respect, Sunova thanked the innkeeper for the meal once more. Walking outside the sun was still low, it was just getting warm outside. She made her Blue long Jacket appear and then puts it on, with a deep breath in she walked to one of the many places in the town. 

As she came to one of the many plazas in the town, There were some market stalls off to the side and NPC selling their stuff. It was nice to be around here. There it was, the music started playing and once again it was beautiful, Sunova ate her piece of bread quick and then walked over to the NPC playing the instrument. Oooh Music, You know what. She said looking around to see if there was anything else to do but with that simple look around she made up her mind. As the NPC started playing a new song Sunova started dancing like a butterfly on the wind, She moved so smooth on the music and she danced so nice. slowly but surely players started to move around and made a circle around Sunova who was dancing on the music. She could hear some of them saying thing like "Who is she" And "That is so amazing looking" And "Wow she is cute"  The small white haired girl started to blush a bit but kept dancing. Her movements were so smooth, it almost looked like she was weightless on the wind. More and More players started to Gather around to see what was going on there, and as they came to see what was happening they saw Sunova dancing beautifully.

@Neopolitan

Neo had just returned from the lake, having completed yet another quest, and was tired from her journey back. She considered going to get a bite of food to eat, when she noticed a crowd gathering in the central plaza. Neo pushed her way to the front to see what the commotion was about. The commotion was puzzling, as it couldn't be a fight and none of the NPCs were interesting enough to draw a crowd. But when she got to the front, she was mesmerized in an instant. In front of her was a girl, not much younger than her, dancing around to an NPC's music. The girl had such grace in her movements it was hard to pull one's eyes away. As she watched the girl dancing, she saw a green icon above her head, with the name Sunova hovering by it.

Strange, I wouldn't think that many players would want to dance, especially in a place filled with so much despair.

More and more people surrounded her as she was dancing more and more people came to watch, but none of them looked interesting it was mostly guys that where looking. While she danced her eyes fell on this girl with Brown and pink hair, quite a bit taller than her but her hair was the only thing she was looking at for a time while dancing. It was clear Sunova was looking at her, She didn't even hide it was clear she was staring at her now. She waved at the girl in the middle of her dance, All the guys around the girl looked at her looking a bit jealous. It was understandable A girl got all the attention from Sunova and not the guys that were cheering her on.

As the music stopped Sunova took a deep bow thanking everyone from cheering for her, but as soon as she was done a group of guys surrounded her saying things like "OMG your so cool want to hang out with me and my friends?"  Sunova looked very surprised but also trying to look for a way to get out of this "Thanks... Thanks but I have ... I have plans already" She paused and then looked at the girl again that she waved at while dancing "Oooh there you are, I was looking for you." She says with much energy jumping out of the group of boys surrounding her. She took the girls arm without a warning as she whispers "I just need your help, So please play along." As she smiled at the girl waving the boys of taking the girl to somewhere where it was much calmer then here. As they got a bit far away Sunova let's go of the girl's arm, "I feel so sorry I dragged you into this, but I needed an escape plan. My name is Sunova and if I can ask can I stick around with you? Don't want any off does boys surrounding me again" Sunova said with a smile hoping that the girl was not scared off by her actions. 

The music had become so entrancing that Neo had lost all sense of thought. She hadn't even noticed that the song was over or that all the boys started to swarm the girl. She snapped out of it and turned to leave when there was suddenly a tug at her arm. The girl she had just been watching was pulling her away from the crowd that had formed around her.

She probably needed some sort of escape out of that crowd.

Neo didn't offer any resistance as the white-haired girl directed her towards a much calmer area. They soon stopped and the girl let go of Neo's arm. After listening to her request, Neo just nodded with a kind smile resting on her face.

She seems nice and all, I'm just not sure how well I can really make friends. Everyone at home knew I didn't speak, but here I have no one I'm familiar with to act as my translator with someone new.

As a small spark of joy came from Sunova the moment she nodded "Thanks, I wouldn't  make it if you weren't there on the moment, I wasn't sure if I would make it."  She said with joy in her voice as she smiled. Sunova was happy and became really energetic, She then looked at Neo. Taking a good look at her she saw the green icon and next to that was her name Neopolitan, Interesting name Sunova though. Thinking about it Sunova realist that she never told her name and how she just only nodded to her with a smile. "Is it okay if I call you Neo, Your username is a bit too long for me." She said while trying to say Neopolitan correct in her head. Sunova then looked the girl up and down she was inspecting her quite a lot her eyes were mostly fixed on the girl's hair. "Your beautiful, I like it. wish my hair was those colors"  Sunova said but definitely sounding a bit down. She was thinking about how elders and quick believers always judged her because of her hair, and that is was so white just as a witch in the old story's her hometown had.

"He, you look like you have been doing things apart from relaxing, Why don't you join me in a nice dinner I know a great place to get some food," Sunova said with the most about of energy she had. Sunova took Neo's arm and took her to a street that was not far from the place they were at right now. As they walked to the dinner Sunova wanted to go to she looked at Neo and let's go off her arm. "Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry... I'm acting without thinking again I'm sorry"  She said thinking about it and feeling very sorry for how she has been acting up until now, she has been dragging the girl with her up until now, she didn't even have the change to talk to her normally. "I'm very sorry, I ... I'm sorry okay. Why not sit down over there first at the fountain."  Sunova says pointing at one of the benches at the fountain. Once again Sunova took Neo's arm and took her to the benches she pointed at and sat down waiting for Neo to sit down next to her.

Though the girl was very talkative, Neo was fine with it. Seeing as she didn't contribute verbally to the conversation, people would often fill the gaps in with as much talking as they could. She nodded at the request to shorten her name and realized how easily her username shortened to her real name.

I probably should've picked a better username, though I guess when we're all trapped in a game together I don't really have to worry about security.

At the compliment about her hair, Neo bashfully smiled. No one at home really liked her hair, they always thought it was to draw attention without speaking. As the white-haired girl started to slow down her talking, she suddenly picked up again and once again began to drag her somewhere to relax. Neo didn't offer much resistance, just let the girl lead so she didn't go the wrong way. When they slowed down, they were near a fountain with a nice stone ring as well as benches surrounding it. And as the white-haired girl sat, she followed suit.

She certainly can be a handful, but it feels nice to finally have some bliss. With the energy about her, I can so easily let my worries sit behind as I enjoy a happy moment.

It was clear to Sunova that Neo was not really saying anything it made her feel a bit nervous. Most of the time people would start to speak with her already  or just say things like can you take it easy. Thinking about it Sunova took out a brush out of her inventory. Brushing her hair a bit, "So what do you think about me, I know I can be a handful but I'm used to making decisions, because I had many friends at home" Sunova said as she was brushing her hair a bit more "And one more thing before I get ahead of myself, do you have any friend, so no let me be your first one" Sunova said with a lot of energy in her voice

"So tell me Neo, you don't talk because of me. Please say so if it is, and if I'm not right and you are just not a talker then ... just nod" Sunova said with now a very serious toon in her voice. Sunova just got this feeling there was something more to Neo then she let's off. It's not just because she has been quite up until now, but also Neo aloud Sunova to drag her around. Not many people did this and most people just pushed her away as she did it. 

Edited by Sunova

The awkwardness had begun to set in, and Neo was painfully aware of it now. As easy as it was for people to talk about themselves, they always froze when the conversation turned towards her. She was once again stuck with needing to establish basic phrases through her movements. It was almost as if she was a child again, unable to communicate and almost left feeling alone. As Sunova went through a small barrage of questions, Neo did her best to give appropriate responses. She shrugged when asked if she was a handful. Though she was a bit of a handful, it was nice to see someone so full of energy. As she asked about having friends, Neo's face grew a bit dark as she shook her head no.

I really don't have anyone here, do I? It's certainly been nice of her to just randomly welcome me as if we've been friends for years.

At the last question for her, she was a little confused at first as to how she should answer. Thankfully, Sunova cleared that up by just asking her to nod if she wasn't a talker, which she promptly did. Seeing the girl being quiet once more, Neo gestured for her to continue. As quiet as she was, she never liked it when others stopped talking because of her silence.

As Neo explained a bit with her hands Sunova just smiled, She already found it out Neo didn't talk too much because she is a Mute. Sunova looked at Neo as she said no to if she had any friends. "It is official then, I'm your First and best friend from now on. So let's make it the best of it then and have fun."  Sunova said after the light nod, but the fact that she found out that she was a mute made it for Sunova not easier to keep the conversation. But she knew a real mute in her old life and she was friends with this mute but making a friend mute here was just weird because of the system giving you a voice.

Neo then nodded to her last question, so meaning that she wasn't a talker. As she nodded it was clear and it was good to know. "You are a mute then, Okay... I know the system has this thing that allows even Mutes to talk but if you don't want to, That's okay for me." Sunova said with a happy smile to Neo. Who cared that she didn't talk and who cared that Neo didn't want to Sunova would make a way around it somehow. "You know what, Why not just get something out of the way. If you want something, like to point something out just tab on my shoulder two times and after that just point at the direction." Sunova said as she showed her how to do it. "And if you want me to talk about something just do this" As Sunova said she was spinning her hand around while having one finger out. "And last thing, If you want to slow down a bit just do this" As Sunova showed to push her hand down just almost like pumping up a wheel of a bike. in the end, Sunova did the OK sign with her hand just to make it clear if she got it.

Seeing as how well Sunova was taking the lead, it seemed as though she knew someone who was mute before. Not many people did too well without having audio cues from another person to talk to. Neo actually enjoyed having a silent conversation, as it forced one to actually focus on the topic at hand rather than just idly chat. Sunova declared herself Neo's first friend, and she couldn't feel happier.

It's nice to have someone who cares, even though they barely know me. I wouldn't dare be this quick to jump to a friendship in real life, I've always been so scared of others. At least here I can start fresh. I guess there are benefits to not knowing anyone after all.

Sunova further demonstrated that she had dealt with mutes before by understanding that it was her choice to stay silent. Many people had shunned her, always thinking she didn't talk just to stand out. Though it always hurt, it was a quick way to determine if someone was worth having as a friend or not. Sunova went so far as to even give her some simple hand gestures to follow, something that took her parents years to establish.

I just hope we both can remember these. It'll be awkward to have a misinterpretation.

Once Sunova gave the ok sign, she gave the sign back to acknowledge her understanding.

Neo did look happy after Sunova went in to so much effort to get some basic gestures. "you saw me dancing right, then that must mean you liked it. I know not many people think it's the best way spending but it is clearly not a bad way to spend time." Sunova said with a smile, she knew that if people saw her would think of a homeless person but Sunova could pack a punch. "It will sound crazy coming for a young and little girl like me, but I don't want to sit idle while others do the job. That's why I became a support, and is also the reason I want to come to the frontline." Sunova said it with so much determination in her voice it was like she knew what to do and already had a plan in moving. "Funny thing is, I need a good DPS player to help me, and I still haven't met anyone that is good in DPS, but who knows," Sunova said with a giggle. "Hey, Neo did you know I met a level 40 player who helped me train. She does believe in me, while other high level players see me as a wreck. But who can blame her, I'm a strategist most of the time." She said looking at Neo, "Most of the time, if not in combat." She giggled a bit because she didn't look like one.

the conversation went on Sunova's stomach began to rumble pretty loud, the only thing that happened after that was that Sunova began to blush quite a bit. "Eh... eh... I think that I'm a bit hungry" She said with a awkward smile. Sunova looked around holding one hand on her stomach and the other against her lips. She then jumped up, " I know a place to eat are u coming, I'm not going to drag you this time" She said with a smile

Edited by Sunova

It seemed as though Sunova was cheering up again, which meant she was back to talking without hesitation. As she commented about her dancing, Neo just shrugged. Dancing was something worth the distraction, but did nothing to help further progress. Neo listened to Sunova talk about being a support, and when she said she still needed a DPS Neo made a gesture to herself and then shook her hand in a so-so gesture. She knew she wasn't the best DPS, but she was working on getting better. Sunova went into her anecdote of meeting a high level player, and confirmed Neo's suspicions.

I guess it was a good idea to wait to find high level players. I don't want to be stuck with them looking down at me.

As Sunova got up to go to a restaurant, Neo also got up from her seat and gestured for Sunova to lead the way, not knowing where she was heading.

Sunova gave Neo A big smile after she pointed out that she was a DPS, It meant something that it was kind of helpful to meet her.  "How about we work together, And be best of buddy's," Sunova said as she was full of happiness because she found someone she liked and was an also a DPS. She looked at Neo for a time and then took a deep breath, "Neo, I trust you. It sounds weird that already trust you. But you sound okay. Well, my Name Is Sumiko Royama Or Su for most of my friends, And if we get out of this game we will meet okey, LET'S MAKE THAT A PROMISE OKAY!" She said with much happiness. It was something Sunova did not do very often, but the feeling Neo gave her was so trusting and she had a great feeling around her. She did not act like most people who called her a witch because of her hair Or yelled at her because she was so small.  Neo made her feel safe and it did show.

She then looked around trying to see if there was anything she liked to eat, As her eyes met a nice place. It was the first food store she ever went to, they sold nice sweets and some coffee. Sunova pointed at the store and looked at Neo. "Let's go over there, I think I'm in desperate need of some nice sweets. let's go I will pay." She said as she skipped along at the same speed so Neo could keep up with her. Apone coming to the store Sunova looked at the door taking another deep breath as we walked in.

This meeting had been quite fortunate, and Neo was happy to have found a friend already. As soon as Sunova asked to work together, Neo nodded her head in affirmation.

It will be good to have someone to work with, I doubt I can make it to the front lines all on my own.

As Sunova continued to talk, she seemed like a weight was being lifted off her shoulders. Neo couldn't place it, but she could feel so much positivity that she doubted it mattered. Sunova gave her her name, and though Neo obviously wouldn't be speaking it she made sure to keep it in mind.

Su mentioned that she wanted to meet up after they made it out. Neo gave a hesitant nod.

As much as we can bond over this, how will we exist once we're back in the real world. Our lives have become this game, we won't even really be in touch with the world we know.

Neo was pulled out of her thoughts when Su stopped. It was a sweet shop. Though it felt wrong to have sweets for a meal, they didn't have to worry about sticking to a diet. She was happy to hear that Su was paying, it meant they were truly starting to bond, and followed her into the shop.

As they walked inside Sunova smelled the sweets already, She took Neo's hand and walked to one of the sittings places. The table where they went and sit down was low to the ground and they could sit on the mat next to it. Sunova went sit down crossing her legs as she sat down on the mat. "Aah Nice, So this place is one of the first things I went to. It doesn't fill you up and all but I can't say no to sweets." She said as she pointed across the table from her to show to Neo to take her place as well. "Menu, Menu Menu... There it is." As she takes two menu's as she gives one to Neo as well. Sunova remembered the first time she ate with someone, That time she was eating sushi with Kasier the girl that helped her at the very start. She then realizes she never went with anyone else to this Store, she always came here alone and she already knew what she wanted.

as the waitress walks up to the table "So what would it be for the lady's, Same as always Miss Sunova" The waitress said as stood at there table. Sunova looked up at the waitress still it was a wonder that NPC easily remembered faces of the players and knew their names too. "Uuem... No, I would like to have something else than the normal thing, I want to try the ... Yes, I want to try the Chocolate Room Cake please, And a caramel coffee" Sunova said clearly knowing what there was to get, as she then looked at Neo "Need help saying which one you want, just point at it and I will order them for you" She said to Neo, Clearly Sunova wanted Neo to relax as Sunova smiled to her. Her smile gave off a warmth and save feeling, one you would say comes from a  friend you knew since you where little.

When Neo entered she was hot by an aromatic wall of sweetness. It took her some time to adjust to the drastic change of environment.

I didn't even realize places like this existed. I just thought the starting town was full of gloomy people and places. This is so much different and happy.

Su handed her a menu, and Neo glanced over it. There were so many options to choose from, and they all looked good. As Su ordered, Neo could tell she been here a couple times. The waitress even recognized Su.

Amazing how immersive such a simple feature can be.

After deliberating for a bit on what to get Neo ground the perfect choice. Enjoying the slight irony of it, Neo pointed out the Neapolitan waffle come.

Something simple. As much as I enjoy not having to care about food as much, I should stay in the habit of eating decently well.

Sunova giggled as Neo choice the sweet that was so close to her own nickname, It was very fitting and all and she liked it that Neo was enjoying herself. It was nice to see that Neo liked it, It was something that she never saw, many players would just eat in one of the many inns but it was nice to see that players would come here too. "Nice to see that you like it, I know it is much for the first time, but the food here is not that expansive." She said as she slimed a Neo. It was the first time some came here with her it was really nice too, It was really a memory to keep. Sunova than wanted to talk about something, but she was thinking about how Neo would need to answer some of the things she was going to ask.

But shortly an idea came up to her, people could see your menu and that could help very fast, and not only that Neo could send a message to her to read it as well. "While we wait on or food and drinks can we talk about skills, As if we fight together we need to know what we for skills have and where we are trying to aim to in skills." She said clearly opening her menu and showing the skill menu. "I will go first, At this point I have >Curved Swords Skill Rank I> And <First Aid Skill Rank I> I will aim to get better in <First Aid> But I'm also trying to get the skill <Katana> Because I got myself a Katana now." She said pointing at the Katana skill on her menu. She then looked over to Neo "What about you, If you want you can point at it in my menu or send a message." She said with a smile, It was something that Sunova wanted to know to learn more about the partner and friend she made. Of course, this was because she was very tactic and always wanted to have a plan before starting combat or anything. As she waited on Neo, the waitress came back with the Chocolate Room Cake, Neapolitan Waffle, and the drinks. As the waitress placed the items on the table and bowed deeply before heading off.

It was nice to see Su so happy. Even though this game was so dreadful, she just looked so happy. While waiting for food, the two began to discuss strategy.

I never really thought through what I was aiming for. I just know that I want to make it to the front lines.

Neo pulled up her menu, and pointed out her Rapier and light armor skill. After that she started to write a message.

Su,

I don't mind writing so much, but it's obviously a bit awkward to do in conversation. As for skills, I don't have an exact plan yet. I wanyed to get to the front lines as quickly as I could and was expecting to have yo solo my way there, so I was planning on becoming tanky through evasion. Still make sure I can take a hit, but make it hard for creatures to hit me. I'm planning on focusing on my rapier skill for weapon choice, and try to get some nice defensive combat skills. If you have ideas, I'm open to them. I'm not the best at optimizing, but I'm great at listening.

Your new friend,

Neo

P.S. Thank you for respecting my silence.

Send that off, should be sufficient enough to explain. I'm still not sure where to go with my build, but at least that's a framework.

As Neo pointed at the light armor and Rapier skills and already Sunova knew what kind of type she liked to be. In her thoughts, she was already making a sort of plan, While Neo used her Rapier skills and Light Armor to put out damage and jump around evading attacks as much as possible, While Herself would heal Neo whenever she needed and dealing Damage with her Katana while supporting the line in the front. As she then took a bite of her Cheesecake.

Neo than started writing a message, It became already a bit awkward but thanks to Sunova's sort attention she started to look out of the window. But then she heard the ping of the message Neo sent. As she started reading the message she saw what kind of way Neo wanted to go She giggled after reading the first sentence. "Yea, To give you some help here, Light Armor is a good choice to get that evasion in. But as I was told by a friend making it to the front lines alone is something you can't just do alone. If you want some extra defense get <block>. Rapier Is really handy too as Katana and both Rapier skill line works well together."  Sunova said in a one tone sounding like an expert on leading on combat and strategy. She then giggled "I know how I sound, I can turn into a real fighter just by talking about it, I know IRL how to Handle a Katana, my Grandpa teach me it." She said with a smile as she took a sip from her Coffee.

It was nice to talk strategy over food. For one, it gave them something to do besides just eat. It was also good to know where both were heading in terms of abilities so that they can make their way to the front. Neo let Su finish and then went into a couple hand gestures. She crossed her arms at the wrist in a blocking motion and shook her head. Though defense would be an issue, it was not the kind of defense she was looking for. She wanted to prevent a hit in the first place, not take a hit better. She also wasn't worried about Su being so strategic, in fact she welcomed it.

We might want to spend some time on some basic combat first rather than trying to get to the front as quickly as possible.

Neo opened up her profile again, pointed to her level, than at each other, and than up.

Either way we need to power up more. That should be a priority if we want to get better.