(PP-F1) Taking on the Tutorial <<TFFLaF 1>>

After keeping to herself for so long in her travels, Kat had decided that maybe she should have done what was basically the tutorial in this game a long time ago. After hanging out with Tsu, she learned the names of a few players that could possibly help her out. One of them was Hei, who Tsu had referred to as a good gathering partner. Kat had made her way down to the first floor before sending Hei a message. "Hey @Hei, I heard about you from Tsu. I was hoping you could help me out on the lessons quests. Meet me right outside the floor teleporter if you can. See you there!" Kat hit send and then sat down on a bench in front of the teleporter. Even sitting, Kat still fidgeted around due to her hyperness. Meeting new people wasn't exactly her strong point, so Kat was hoping that Hei was as nice as Tsu had said he was, or he would get annoyed fast by her hyper antics.

Spoiler

<<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

Image result for D&D innkeeper

Background Information - An old NPC man, dubbed 'Zackariah', is in the Town of Beginnings. He plans on helping the new players of SAO by helping them understand the basic's of Sword Art Online.

Quest Objective
-Go fetch five(5) Tier one materials and give them to Zakariah.

(Go into the wild and gain materials though non-combat gathering and by rolling the LD, and linking it to a post. These materials are then given to the NPC)

-Help Zakariah in his workshop by crafting a Healing Potion.

(Roll the CD by linking it to a post.)1-3 fail, try again| 4-6 (Good Quality- Success)| 7-9(Rare Quality-Success)| 10-12(Perfect Quality-Success)
[Zackariah will give players materials until they roll a success, but the player is helping him, so he keeps the crafted potion(s).] [Zackariah is kind hearted, and will not berate the player should they fail, merely try to talk them through to process and help them]

-Zakariah asks you to deliver a package to Lyle Tealeaf, a local Blacksmith

-The Blacksmith, Lyle Tealeaf, thanks you and says he could use your help on another matter 

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (20 or more posts)
-Players can find Materials by rolling the LD(11+)
-Must RP traveling to his workshop and from Zackariah's place to Lyle's workshop
-Maximum Party size of 2.

(Please note, this only works for quest materials. If you find more than you needed this way, you do not get to keep them because this LR roll amount is reduced for the quest only. All other non-combat gathering needs to conform to the standard rules. You CANNOT selectively choose whether it's a quest material or not. )

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded the following items
    - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
    - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
    -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

2. 2 Additional Skill Points

If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 5 materials)

Recommended Level: 1

Hei had been up to nothing much besides crafting after he had finished a few quests some time ago, so when he got a notification about some message, he was keen to see who had sent it to him, hoping that was a chance for him to get some action. When he opened the menu and saw, that the message was from someone he hadn't heard of before, he hoped it wasn't someone who wanted to order some item from his shop, and so when he read the message he was relieved that it was someone asking for his support. - Very well, it seems I got myself some action. I wonder what Tsu told her about me, did she mention we are in the same guild? - and while he wondered about that, he started equipping himself to make a good first impression. As one of the three leaders of the guild, he would wear his Champions Robe, the cool spear he had recently gotten from Stryder and the dragon eye, just in case they had to fight. Underneath the combat gear, he wore easy dark green shorts and a kind of top of the same colour.

Once he had left the Hanger and made his way towards the teleportation plaza, he started looking for someone who looked like he was waiting, as KitKat hadn't told him how she looked. There were many players, as there always were on the first floor, but not many of them looked like they were ready to leave the town. This left just three players for him to ask, but before he would do that, he would simply message her, look who of the three opens their menu afterwards. Hey KitKat, I have arrived at the plaza, you will find me by looking for the walking sunrise with his damned spear

Spoiler

Hei: 560/560 HP | 56/56 Energy | +3 LD | 3 ACC | 6 DMG

Item Stats:
- Blighted Dreadspear | Blight 1, Paralyze 1
- Dragon's Eye +3 ACC
-
The Champions Robe +3 LD (vanity/ battleready items)

Battle Ready Items:
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)

Edited by Hei

Kat got a notification for a message shortly after she had sent Hei a message, so she opened her and checked it out. Hei said he arrived, so Kat looked around for someone with a spear that matched the description. It didn't take very long for Kat to spot Hei, and she jogged up to him immediately. "Hey, Hei right? I'm KitKat, or just call me Kat!" Kat introduced herself with a quick salute wave. Kat was still just level 1, but she had suited herself up with a tan and red striped top along with a tan skirt. "Thanks for coming, I don't really have a grasp on this game yet, so I just wanted some help. Plus I get to meet some of Tsu's friends!" Kat thanked as she held her hand out to shake. Kat was trying her best to control her energy, mostly because she wanted to make a good first impression.

When Hei saw how one of the three girls opened her menu, he run his fingers through his wild black hair, making sure that it won't hang into his face when they met, and soon the girl wearing a top and skirt jogged up to him. It seemed like she had energy flowing and when she introduced herself, Hei quickly accepted her hand, shaking it "Yeah, I am Hei. And I'll go with Kat then." he replied to her first introduction. Then she told him, that she didn't know much of the game and was just happy to get some help and meet friends of Tsu, which reminded Hei of many players that still were on the first floor, only staying in the town of beginnings. "Well, I wouldn't really call myself a friend of Tsu, but I know and like her. We didn't have that much chances to really get friends, but if she said I'm a friend, I am happy to hear that.If you don't have a grasp on this game yet, how about we go and have a look at the beginner quests. There is a series of quests that was designed to help players get to know the game. The first NOC we have to talk to doesn't live far from here" Hei told her, feeling the opportunity to help someone. He always liked helping people, and as part of the Guardians, it even was part of their guilds identity to help the inexperienced players become stronger. 

Kat shook Hei's hand as he confirmed he was Hei, and then calling her Kat. "Nice to meet you then Hei! I look forward to working with you!" Kat said, rounding out their introductions. Hei said that he wouldn't really call himself a friend of Tsu, and afterwards he brought up the beginner quests. "Well, I hope you two become what you call friends. If you need to know anything about her, then I'm your gal!" Kat said, pointing to herself with her thumb. "I don't know much about these quests, all I know is that we have to gather for the Zacharias NPC guy." Kat said in regards to the quest. Most of her information came from in game quest descriptions, which weren't all that helpful.

Hei thought it was nice, that Kat wanted to help him becoming friends with Tsu, and at the same time, he wondered how they knew eachother. "Ok, I might come back to this offering, but right now we should focus on the beginner quests, so you get a hang on how this game works." Hei said and proceeded towards the house Zacharias lived. Before he entered the house, he once again turned around to Kat, as he hadn't actually asked her if she already had the quest. "Hey Kat, in this house over here we will find Zachachias, but in case you already got the quest, we can ignore this and just head towards the outer wall and the gate." And while he waited for Kat to answer, he remembered how the quest had been for him. - I hope today will be a smoother experience than when I did the quest. Even with the increased chance of getting the mats, it took me like nearly all day to get the few herbs he needed-

Kat nodded her head when Hei said that they should just focus on the beginner quests, and he would take Kat's offer later on. "Alright! We'll just focus on the prize!" Kat responded as she followed Hei to Zachariah's house to start the quest. Hei said that they didn't have to go in the house and just head of town, to which Kat promptly opened the door. "Be right back!" Kat said as she stepped inside and closed the door right after. After a short bit of dialogue, Kat started the quest to get 5 materials. Kat stepped back out of the house and waved at Hei as she did so. "I've started the quest, so let's get going!" Kat said as she started to skip towards the outer gate between buildings.

Kat quickly disappeared into the house to get the quest for herself, while Hei waited outside the door. It didn't took her long to get the quest, and so they soon started walking towards the outer gate. Hei noticed, that Kat was not just a little hyper in talking, but also full of energy when walking. She was rather jumping than walking, and so Hei had to fall into an easy jog to keep up with her. "It's been quite a while since I have done the quest, so could you please tell me again what we have to do. Was it something with herbs or mushrooms?" He asked, as he really wasn't to sure about the quest anymore. He remembered that there were four quests, and that one of them had him gather stuff, but he wanted to be sure that this was the right one. Besides that, he looked at Kat and noticed, that they weren't part of a party at the moment, so he couldn't see her stats, which something he had learnt was helpful when helping the lower level players. "Hey Kat, wanna form a party for the quest? It would help me by sharing the quest details, and we could see each others HP bar, just for safety reasons"

Kat answered Hei quickly when he asked whether they were gathering herbs or mushrooms, "We're gathering herbs, just five of them!" Kat answered, before going back to skipping. Hei was jogging along with her, and it didn't take long for them to arrive at the main gate. But before they could go any further than that, Hei asked if Kat wanted to form a party for the quest so they could see each others stats and so he could see the quest details. Kat nodded without hesitation and sent Hei a party request, her big smile still unchanging. "I almost forgot about that! Sorry, my bad!" Kat apologized before laughing for a few seconds. Fighting was still a thing she wanted avoid, mainly since the quest didn't accept mats gained from kills. Looking out at the fields, Kat hadn't stepped out of the safe zone and then turned to Hei. "So, are you ready to go?!"

With Kat telling him that they would gather mats, Hei made a plan in his head, for a good gathering route. He had been gathering on this floor many times, and so he knew all the good spots and would use it to their advantage. So when they continued towards the outer gate, and Kat apologized for forgetting about the party and then invited him, he quickly accepted the invite just to see, that Kat's in game name was Ragdoll and nothing with Kat at all. - Oh, she must be one of the players that give away their real name. I wonder why that is, doesn't she know one normally uses his gamer tag - he wondered, before he could answer her when she asked if he was ready to go.
"Yeah, I am ready to go. So let's leave this place and gather all the materials we need. I already got a good route we could walk and search for mats on the way, got some experience with gathering down here" He said, before he started towards a group of bushes not to far off, which would be where he started searching for herbs. And indeed, there was a small amount of herbs growing there he quickly plucked. "You see that, if we continue on this small path, we should have the herbs in no time" he told Kat, pointing towards the path they should take.

ID# 101706
LD:
16 -> found mat

1/5 Herbs gathered

Edited by Hei

Ragdoll had came to a quick realization when Hei accepted her party invite. He had used his username for what people called him, not his actual name. "Ah, I made anbit of a mistake! I should have introduced myself as Ragdoll! Just call me that now! Now I'm feeling silly!" Ragdoll said before laughing at her own mistake for a little bit as she walked out into the fields with Hei. It seemed he already knew a good path to finding herbs on this quest, which was great because Ragdoll would have spent a much longer while looking around if she didn't have a path to look for and go down. He said they would find herbs in no time, but Ragdoll couldn't see only on the path so far which she picked up immediately, so maybe he meant once they reached where the path went. "Alright! Thanks for helping me out by the way! You're just as nice as Tsu made you out to be!" Ragdoll thanked, hugging Hei tightly before going back to skipping along the path.

ID: 101707 LD: 12 (Success)

Ragdoll: 1/5 Mats Found

@Hei: 1/5 Mats Found

Edited by Ragdoll

"There is no problem with using another name than the gamer tag, but if you think it's better if I call you Ragdoll, I can do that. I mean Tsu always uses her name too, even though her tag is Froppy. Maybe we will come back to using other names if we know each other better" he replied, as Ragdoll excused for making a mistake with not using her gamer tag to introduce herself. Then the two of them went on, looking for materials, as they probably both wanted to finish this quest rather quickly. There was no need to take a long time for this, if all one could learn could be learned in a short time. So when Ragdoll found the first herbs, Hei smiled, seeing how happy she looked. She then thanked him and told him, that he really was as nice as Tsu had told her, and then she hugged him tightly. This was kind of strange to Hei, who had grown up within a culture, only family members normally touched, and that kind of behaviour was a sign of bad manners. He blushed a little bit, and when Ragdoll released him from her hug, he stuttered a little bit, as he told her that it was alright, and that he was really enjoying the time where he was doing something besides crafting, especially if it was helping friends of his guildmates.
As they still had a good part of work to do, Hei went on, leading them down the small path and now and then he had a closer look at some locations known as spawn spots for mats, but it seemed that he was not lucky this time. After he had checked a dozen locations, he turned to Ragdoll and said
"Seems like there is someone else collecting all the mats we need. Wanna go and search somewhere else. Maybe you have more luck than I do."

ID# 101729
LD:
6+3 = 9 -> nothing found

@Ragdoll: 1/5 Mats Found

Hei: 1/5 Mats Found

Edited by Hei

Ragdoll nodded her head on Hei's idea of what they could each other. "Just call me Ragdoll! Now and forver! I just like it a lot more!" Ragdoll answered, striking one of her cute cat poses upon talking. Ragdoll skipped behind him as he looked around for mats. After hugging and thanking him, Hei had followed up by saying that it was okay and that he loved helping friends of guildmates. "Aww, thanks! I already planned a meeting with your leader Stryder, since I want to join the guild too! So you're actually helping a future guildmate!" Ragdoll exclaimed, bouncing up and down again, this time with her left eye starting to twitch sparratically every few seconds. After Hei couldn't find anything, he suggested that they look for mats somewhere else, and Ragdoll nodded her head, heading in the direction of the woods. As she skipped she spotted another herb sprouting out of the ground, so she took it immediately and put it away.

ID: 101730 LD: 15 (Success)

Ragdoll: 2/5 Mats Found

@Hei 1/5 Mats fFound

Edited by Ragdoll

Hei nodded, when Ragdoll told him, that she would stay with Ragdoll forever, as she liked it way better, and while she was speaking, she stroke a cat pose, that looked kinda cute. - I wonder what it is with all those cat related female players. But I definitely don't mind - he thought, while smiling at Ragdoll. As they went on searching for mats, she told him, that she wanted to meet with Stryder, as she wanted to become a member of the guardians too, which somehow made Hei feel proud. He had been a founding member of the Guardians, and he had known Stryder and a few people from the guild even before that, and as one of the leading trio, he could not feel better, as when people wanted to become part of all this. "You know, you really got lucky today." he said, because she had found some more mats, and besides that, because she had told him, and he was going to tell her about his position. "Didn't Tsu tell you, that I am part of the guilds leading trio. If you want to join, I can arrange that. I just have to talk to Stryder later on, but I am sure he doesn't mind you joining." Hei hoped, that Ragdoll was happy about that, but then he remembered that he had to gather some more materials for the quest, so he moved his focus back to the surrounding and searched for something worth plucking, and indeed, there was a bush Hei had seen before, that held berries, that were good for potions.

ID: 101743
LD:
15 -> found mat

@Ragdoll: 2/5 Mats Found

Hei: 2/5 Mats Found

Edited by Hei

Ragdoll nodded her head when Hei said that she got really lucky. Although right after he said that, Ragdoll spotted another sprouting herb in the ground, so she bent down to pull it out. When she pulled it out, it turned out to be an apple that already had been gotten to by ants, so she threw it as far as she could. "I don't know why this game lets apples grow in the ground, that's pretty weird!" Ragdoll said as she got back up and continued skipping. As she skipped, Hei told her about his position in the guild and he could arrange it for Ragdoll to join. Ragdoll clapped her hands quickly in excitement and she started to jump a little bit higher when she skipped. "That's great! I can't wait to join then! Is there anything I gotta do to prove myself or stuff like that?" Ragdoll asked as she looked back at Hei while skipping. This just made things a whole lot easier.

ID: 101745 LD: 2 (Fail)

Ragdoll: 2/5 Mats Found

@Hei: 2/5 Mats Found

Edited by Ragdoll

Hei could see Ragdoll's excitement when he told her, that he could get her into the guild as she clapped her hands and seemed even more energetic afterwards, jumping even higher when they "walked" through the green grassy hills of the first floor. As they were still searching for materials, Ragdoll plucked something from the ground, and it was an apple, so she wondered why this was possible. Hi who had a big interest in those kind of things, as he had gathered infos about little estereggs like that for his job before he had been in sao, had a good look at it. "Well, I would say, it's not that they grow in the ground. Do you see the apple tree over there, maybe this should simulate animals taking them to their home" he speculated.
When Ragdoll asked him, if there was something she had to do, to prove that she was worthy to enter the Guardians, Hei shook his head.
"There is no such thing, but you have to follow the guild rules and the way of the Guardians, which is to help others that need help, and it would be great if you try to get along with the others" he told her before shifting focus back to the plants growing all around them, but all that he could see was grass and a few trees not to far away.

ID# 101811
LD:
5+3 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Ragdoll continued to skip along the grassy field in search of a better spot to find materials, not really seeing much around to pick up. The grassy fields had already been gotten to pretty much all of the other players. It wasn't much of a surprise coming from the first floor, since there were so many players. Hei said that the apple in the ground was supposed to simulate the animals taking it to their home. Ragdoll nodded her head and then went back to skipping. "That sounds about right! You don't really see it happen, so the game just fills in the blanks!" Ragdoll said as she skipped a little bit ahead of Hei. He then told her that there was nothing she had to do to get in, just follow the guild rules and get along. Sounded easy enough. "Alright! I can handle that! I think I get along with people pretty well. Is there problems between the other members or something?" Ragdoll askes as she looked back at Hei while skipping, giving him a thumbs up.

ID: 101874 LD: 1 (Fail)

Ragdoll: 2/5 Mats

@Hei: 2/5 Mats

Edited by Ragdoll

It seemed, that Ragdoll was onboard with his attempt to explain how the apples came to the ground, and what she said made sense. "That should be the case. If the system actually had to render all those insects transporting fruit on all floors, all time, we might not even be able to play the game without lags" Hei said, before he followed her further down the way. She looked for some more mats, but it seemed she wasn't able to find any, and so she simply continued the conversation. "Well, there aren't exactly problems, but people tend to not get along with everyone, so there is a little tension between some members, but I think you'll be able to overcome such problems"  Hei said, and hoped, that this was true. It might be that Ragdoll's active and open nature were problematic for some of the players, but not to the extend of being a problem. While he thought about the possible problems, he looked for more mats and still didn't find anything of interest. - I wished there was a good way to gather them quickly - he thought, but he didn't knew of any way to make it faster.

ID# 101955
Ld: 5 -> fail

Edited by Hei