(PP-F10) Meetings are Trial and Error

Ragdoll had gotten herself a place to stay at McFroppy's with Tsu, and she loved it. After a bit of talking, Tsu had told Ragdoll about a few people she had met. One of them was Embers, who Tsu regarded as a firey type. Obviously not really caring too much about that, Ragdoll wanted to meet Embers, but she wanted to meet her alone without Tsu there. So when a day came that Ragdoll had McFroppy's to herself, she sent a message to Embers. Hey! You probably have no idea who I am! But I heard about you from a frog girl you might know. I was hoping to meet you in person, so come to McFroppy's on the tenth floor and I'll whip up a free meal for you! -Ragdoll She sent Embers the message and then waited. She had on her normal pseudo cat outfit, which was now the McFroppy's uniform thanks to Ragdoll. Based on Tsu's description, Ragdoll would have to be at least a little more careful with Embers.

@Embers

Embers stared at the hawk, that was perched on her right arm. They had been staring at each other for barely a minute, and to anyone else, it would appear as if they were doing just that. Staring. But for Embers, she knew it was more than that. Rowan, of late, had been acting up. Sure, her training of him hadn’t gone to plan and, for the most part, she allowed the familiar a large amount of freedom in his actions. But recently he’d been picking up other people, strays, and it was annoying her.

The staring would have continued, if the girl hadn’t received a message. Her first reaction was to frown. Who messaged her. And the frown didn’t go away upon reading the messenger. Ragdoll? Who the hell was that? Meeting at..Tsu’s place. There was a lot that confused her about the message, and more than anything, she wanted to know why Tsu gave out her name. Didn’t hybrid know she didn’t like to be bothered?!

The girl didn’t bother reply to the message, but she made her way to the teleporter and moved to the 10th floor. It didn’t take her long to kick the door open, her crimson eyes locking onto Ragdoll. Embers, armed with her black knights armour and scythe, let out an animalist growl “You ragdoll I presume?”

As expected, Ragdoll didn't have to wait long for Embers to show up and kick the door open. She looked exactly as Ragdoll had pictured her in her head, minus the black armor. It didn't take long for her to tell that Embers was bothered being here, but Ragdoll kept her smile. She nodded her head when Embers asked if she was Ragdoll. "Yep, that's me!" Ragdoll confirmed as she stepped out from behind the counter. "Before we do anything, can I ask you to put away your scythe? It's just store policy." Ragdoll asked, pointing at the scythe. While it would be fun to try and mess with Embers, it would be ultimately a pretty stupid idea. "I asked you to get to know you, and at the same figure out what kind of build I want your advice on a few things. So go over the menu here and I can get something for you to eat while we talk!" Ragdoll said as she pointed to the menu above the counter.

Ragdoll. The first thought that crossed over Embers mind was she looked like an idiot. That stupid uniform, and just her aura. Embers believed herself a good read of people, and something was just off about this ‘ragdoll’. At her order to remove her weapon, Embers laughed loudly and shook her head.

“No. You asked me here, you go by my rules. My weapon stays on me” she said clearly, not taking out her Scythe but not making any more to remove the item from her back. While she didn’t say it, part of her wondered if this was an ambush. She knew of a Pk guild on the rise, and she had been part of the bust. If people didn’t like her before, that would be enough to get her killed. Ambushed. Assassinated. If some idiots were dumb enough to try that, she would be keeping her Scythe on her at all times.

Embers took a look at the menu. She would play ‘nice’, but that didn’t mean she’d play by this girls rules. “Build huh?” She asked before sighing. Some people in this world, idiots. “Screw it, those nuggets. A lot of them” The girl moved, kicking her feet up on one of the tables and looking at Ragdoll “Whatcha wanna know….? And don’t waste my damn time”

Embers had refused to put her weapon away, and just nodded her head, keeping her smile. As much as she wanted to argue and try to get Embers to follow the policy, Ragdoll knew better than to mess with her. One look was all it took to get her read. "Alright then! Just don't tell Tsu you were here and I'll let you keep your weapon on you k'? Thanks!" Ragdoll said, her left eye twitcing every few seconds. Embers ordered chicken nuggets, and it was a lot of them, so Ragdoll took that as a 20 piece. After Embers ordered, Ragdoll bounded off into the kitchen before coming back with a box of 20 nuggets and fries on a tray. "Here you go! 20 chicken nuggets fresh from the farm!" Ragdoll said as she placed the tray down on the table Embers was sitting at and then sat down across from her. Embers asked what she wanted to know and Ragdoll cut right to the chase. "I want to know the best way to level up, since I'm a bit behind! And don't worry about wasting time! I've got something for you when we're done here to make this worth your while!" Ragdoll asked, before throwing a hook to at least try and keep Embers interested.

Embers had every intention to talk to Tsu, namely about giving out her god damn name to a complete nutcase! Even she could see that this Ragdoll wasn’t operating on all cyclinders, a waste of her damn time. She had half a mind to just kick open the window and leave. But she would wait and see what this Ragdoll wanted from her.

Seeing the food placed infront of her, she quickly opened her inventory and used anti-paralyze item, before grabbing 4 in a single handful and stuffing her face. She hated that Domarus had been right. After their bust against the Pk’er guild, more strangers would approach her. She continued to eat, and briefly mulled over her options. She had nothing better to do, and Ragdoll was offering something. Well, she doubted they had anything she didn’t, but no harm in it.

“Quests” She said bluntly “Find a partner you can stand, do quests for the first time to get a big bonus. Or simply do them over and over if you like that crap. That’s why people like me aren’t high levelled, can’t be bothered doing the same quests over and over again” She let out a sigh “At this point, get in a guild and pray the leader is kindhearted” She didn’t offer Ragdoll her guild. Ever since her meeting with Hestia, something had felt off about Domarus. More so than what she already knew.

Ragdoll watched as Embers put anti paralyze on the nuggets after Ragdoll brought them out. Upon seeing this, Ragdoll giggled a little bit. "Oh come on! You really thought I was gonna poison you?! Might as well use it on the fries if you're that suspicious!" Ragdoll said, her big smile never even coming close to fading. At least Embers was actually eating, so she seemed at least not 100% distrust Ragdoll. 

Embers answered her question by saying that doing quests over and over was the best way of levelling up, but most people couldn't be bothered to do the same quests again. Well, thanks! So I'll just do the same quests over and over then!" Ragdoll thanked. Now that the easy part was over, now it was time to try and connect with Embers. "I've got a question, why do you hate me so much?! Was it something I said?! Because everytime I look at you, you look like you want to beat the crap out of me!" Ragdoll asked, still using her cheery voice and keeping a big smile.

At the other girls joke about the possible posion, Embers merely snorted. She didn’t care about this others girls reactions nor opinions. She had recently taken apart of a bust of a player killer guild, and she had been damn public about it as she did it. As they wrapped up, a simple warning about possible attacks against her game out. In a fight, she felt confident. But if she was paralyzed, well, she was dead. She refused to take that risk.

“I’m a possible target for player killers. I know I can kill them if they attack me, but if I’m stunned, I die. I refuse to be killed like that” she said simply. Whether the other girl understood or not, Embers cared little for it. She had her reasons for what she did.

Embers took another handful of nuggets and started chewing right as Ragdoll asked her why she hated her. Embers couldn’t stop herself and started laughing at her, loudly as she finished chewing, before shaking her head “Hate you? The hell would I hate you for? You may be a grinning idiot” Embers closed her eyes, leaning back in her seat “I just don’t like you”

Ragdoll listened to Embers's reasoning behind her suspicion of poison, and it made a lot of sense. "So you're a target huh? How do you that I'm not out to get you still? Tsu could be locked in the restroom, and I'm just pretending to work here! I'm glad you're suspicious. It's better than blindly walking into traps like an idiot!" Ragdoll said, almost as though she was proud of Embers.

Once Embers ate a few more nuggets, she said that she didn't hate Ragdoll, she just didn't like her. Instead of reacting like a normal person and being upset at being calling a grinning idiot, Ragdoll just laughed loudly along with Embers. "Woo! You really had me there! I had a feeling that's what it was! Tsu told me that you don't like anybody, so I'm not surprised." Ragdoll said as she leaned back in her seat a little bit before grabbing one of Embers's fries. Upon taking a bite, a little yellow square with a lightning bolt showed next to her health bar and Ragdoll lost the ability to move. She had put paralysis in them as a prank, but now Embers might take it differently. Ragdoll still kept a smile and tried to pretend as though she wasn't paralyzed. 20 whole minutes she was stuck.

Embers let out a soft growl. This Ragdoll was messing with her primal instincts. Part of her was on alert, and that alert kept one of her eyes trained on the closest door, and one hand near her Scythe. She had no issues fighting her way out, not since she was safe from any stupid tricks.

Ragdoll was a smiling idiot, and yet, she smelt different. Something about her put her on alert. As long as she didn’t make any quick moves, Embers wouldn’t cut her open.

“Tsu…damn hybrid” Embers said “Not sure why she handed out my information, even more since she knows i prefer to be….” Embers opened her eyes, and noticed it instantly. Ragdoll stopped moving after taking a bite. Her mind knew, raw instinct kicking in. She stood up to her full height of 6’0 and in a fluid motion, pulled her Scythe off her back, eyes hungrily hunting for anyone stupid enough to take a swing at her. After several moments, Embers eyes zeroed on the other girl.

Her crimson eyes looked hungry for blood, as did the smirk on her face.

“…You’re one of them, and you picked the wrong target. Unlike Domarus, or Hestia, who would throw you in that damn prison of theirs, I have no issues doin’ what’s gotta be done” Embers chuckled darkly as she reached forwards, grabbing Ragdoll by the collar of her uniform and grinned right in the other girls face “Pray to whatever pathetic gods you have, because they aren’t savin’ you from me”  

Ragdoll didn't have a single look of fear in her eyes, and her smile never faded when Embers picked her up by her collar, the little cat bell on it ringing lightly. Ragdoll couldn't move, so her body just hung limply as Embers held her. "Man I really went to far with this prank didn't I? I had set all this up, and then you tell me that you're a target! The timing couldn't have been worse, but this is fun!" Ragdoll explained herself, before bursting into laughter. "I was hoping to tick you off with paralysis, and then we could have a fist fight, but now it looks like I'm dying today! What a fun turn of events!" Ragdoll exclaimed, still laughing. She wasn't going to let Embers have the satisfaction of breaking her. Embers told her to pray, and Ragdoll closed her eyes, pretending to do so. "There, now I've prayed, but I'm still dying right? Just make it quick and fun!"

Embers frowned a little. This wasn’t what she had expected, she had prepared for some stupid talk about how she would ‘regret her actions’, as her last assassin had sprouted. This girl was…something else. Insanity reeked off of her like a plague. Was this one too mentally weak to survive the shift? That appeared to be the case. Oh well. No matter what stupidity went inside her head. She was a dead girl the moment she came here.

“You’re insane” Embers muttered looking around. She’d rather not ‘kill’ her, if only because she’d get an orange marker. It would be easier to put the other girl in a position to be killed rather than kill her herself. It was the best she could do, since bringing her Scythe down on her would only bring more issues. Embers let out a growl, stupid world.

Gripping the other girl by the collar, Embers began a short march outside of the shop, dragging Ragdoll across the ground as her crimson eyes looked for a place to dispose of her. They quickly zeroed in on what looked like a lake. Embers had no idea if you could drown in this game, time to find out.   

Ragdoll continued laughing as Embers told her that she was insane. Both of her eyes started twitching randomly now, and her smile grew even wider. "Yay! You know me so well! But now it's time for me to say bye bye!" Ragdoll exclaimed as Embers dragged her along the ground and out of the store. "Just so you know, I never meant to kill you! But you don't care about that do you?! You just want me to die!" Ragdoll explained, tears starting to come out of her face. Her smile never faded tho, so it was hard to deal if she was happy or sad. As Embers continued to drag her, Ragdoll had thought up her last words. "Before you do anything to me, can you strip me out of this uniform? Don't worry, I'm wearing stuff underneath it! Just give it to Tsu as a memento of me if you ever see her! Tell her that Ragdoll will miss her!" Ragdoll said, her face covered in tears as her smile stayed. She wasn't really making an attempt to save herself. "One last thing, can you stay with me while I die? I don't want to die alone." 

Embers didn’t hesitated in her walk, but something the girl said stuck within her. She didn’t ‘want’ the girl to die, but she had to. Embers focused her eyes on the river she was approaching, and let out a soft growl listening to her spout off. Tell Tsu about her, and change her? What an idiot.

Embers threw the girl on the edge of the river, and shook her head “Law of the jungle assassin. You were weak, and picked a fight with someone who was stronger. Therefore, your life is forfeit. Like a tiger trying to become head of the pride” The tears on the other girls face did nothing to change Embers mind. She felt…Odd. She’d never killed another human, despite her love for embracing her emotions, there was something inside of her that was screaming at her.

She didn’t want to die…alone? Once again, that screaming inside her heart got louder. Did she really want to kill the other girl? Never. But what else was she to do? No one else understood, so if they judged her, let them. She shook her head. If someone came at her with a knife, she’d stab them with it. But this girl hadn’t come at her with a knife, but poison.

Embers lashed out at the ground, kicking it several times to try and vent her anger. Why the hell was this so hard for her!? Why was her gut split in its decision? Part of her wanted to obey her own rules, her laws of the jungle. The rules that she had obeyed for years, the rules that had helped her rationalise the world she grew up in. And yet, despite her years of instinct that should be driving her forwards, something was holding her back! Something was crippling her, changing her. What the hell was it?!  

Ragdoll still didn't even bother trying to save herself, but instead just stopped crying and accepted her fate. Ragdoll still had a big smile on her face as she looked up at Embers after being thrown onto the ground. Noticing the river, Ragdoll now realized that she wasn't going to be killed by Embers, she was just going to drown. Embers explained the law of the jungle assassin to her, and Ragdoll would have nodded her head in understanding if she could. "I get it, I deserve this! Woo! So just kill me now then! You just want to this smile go away, along with the rest of me! So just finish the job!" Ragdoll exclaimed, before laughing again. She found the whole situation funny, so she couldn't help herself from laughing out loud. "It was nice meeting you Embers, so I'm glad I'm going to die at your hands. We're like best buddies already!" Ragdoll said, her smile getting bigger as her tears started to return.

The most Ragdoll spoke, the more Embers was getting pissed off. The laughing, the smile. And the fact Embers wanted nothing more than to kill her, punish her for the attempted assassination attempt. If this girl would just shut up, it would be so much easier! Instead, however, everything this girl was doing was pissing her off.

She kicked at Ragdoll’s stomach “Shut up already!” she yelled loudly. She didn’t need this girl making her think more than she had too. It was really starting to piss her off. She lashed out once again before pacing away. She didn’t want to kill her, but letting her live without pain. Pain pain pain! She needed to inflict pain, that would make them even, but this stupid game denied such a basic commodity.

“You’re lucky, in a way” Embers let out a deep breath “If this was the real world, I’d punch you until you bled all over this damn grass. This stupid world doesn’t allow me to give you pain, punch you like you damn well deserve” Embers stood up and turned her back to Ragdoll, muttering several things to her Familiar.  

Ragdoll didn't even flinch upon being kicked in the stomach, her smile not even coming close to fading. Embers yelled at her to shut up, and Ragdoll closed her eyes, deciding that if Embers wasn't going to kill her, then she would just try and take a nap. Embers said that she was lucky, saying that Ragdoll would have been punched until she was bleeding all over the grass. At this point, Ragdoll knew it was bait to say something else and just get Embers even more upset. Ragdoll remained silent and didn't answer, but just nodded her head the best she could in her paralyzed state. But now Ragdoll was getting bored of this act quickly so she opened her eyes back up. "Trust me, I feel the pain! Just I tolerate it! I'll be your punching bag as long as you want! Then the paralysis can end and things will be back to normal!" Ragdoll said, before bursting into laughter again. It was weird, she couldn't help herself but laugh at dire times like this.

@Fae

Fae had been watching most of this unfold for a while now from outside of McFroppy's. Somehow, Ragdoll managed to screw things up worse than Fae thought she would. It was stupid, and now she was going to die for it hopefully. How fitting. You fail your task, so you die. But Embers seemed to be taking her sweet time with killing Ragdoll, so now was the point that Fae decided to take this into her own hands.

Stepping out from behind the restaurant, Fae walked up to where Embers and Ragdoll were. "Hi miss Embers! You really disappointed Fae. You have a failed assassination, so you can't even fill her last request or kill her swiftly! Fae will take care of her for you!" Fae said as she turned towards Ragdoll. "Fae will tell miss froggy all about your little favor miss Ragdoll! Just let Fae get your uniform off you and then you can perish!" Fae said in a singsong voice as she stripped Ragdoll down to her underwear and put her uniform in Fae's inventory. After that, Fae kicked her into the pond, before turning to Embers and hugging her. "There you go miss Embers! Took out the trash for you! Fae was assigned to take you out, so while miss froggy had left, Fae went in and made miss Ragdoll invite you here! If she didn't, both she and miss froggy would be cut to pieces! But she messed up so badly, she paralyzed herself instead of you! Fae was going to take you out while you were paralyzed, but maybe next time Fae will get you! It's good to see you again!" Fae explained, going over the entire situation all the while Ragdoll would begin to drown.

• 2 weeks later...

Embers anger kept washing over her again and again, unsure what direction to take. The law, her own rules, said Ragdoll had to suffer. She had attacked her, and must suffer. Embers didn’t want to KILL the girl, the more she thought about it, but the other girl had to suffer! Pain was her currency, and it was pointless here. She let out an angry growl as she tried to find her solution.

Of course, Embers mind deviated the moment she spotted Fae. Last she had seen her, she’d ditched from the PK guild meeting. Embers blinked once, trying, against everything, to keep her mind. But she became blind instantly, and lost herself to her own emotions the second Fae kicked Ragdoll down into the river.

As quick as her large frame allowed her to move, Embers leaped into the river, grabbing Ragdoll by her neck and throwing her onto the grass, out of the water. Turning to face Fae, Embers leaped out of the water and landed near the other girl, anger tracing her face. Her crimson eyes burning with rage, hatred.

“You know Fae, I think I should thank you….” Embers said slowly, each word a battle to select as her rage washed through her. Embers grinned darkly as her right arm shot out and grabbed Fae around the neck, tightly. “You taught me a truth, a simple truth I thought I knew” Embers shifted her arm, with all the strength she needed to lift up the small girl “That, even in this game, I cannot trust people” Embers grinned, a murderous grin consuming her face “And that is a truth, you need to learn~”

Ragdoll hadn't expected Fae to come back so soon, but all she got was her requests and a kick into the pond. She hadn't expected it all, so she couldn't really get a chance to hold her breath and blacked out rather quickly from a lack of air. Oddly enough, Embers had went into the water and pulled her out of the water and threw her onto the grass. Although Ragdoll was unconscious, her body still seemed to calm down a bit, regaining air. All that was on Ragdoll's mind was if Tsu would be okay, hoping that she didn't show up anytime soon with Fae around. Now Ragdoll was actually supporting Embers here, since her life kind of depended on it. She was still paralyzed, having about 20 minutes left before she could move again. Only a third of the time had passed, but hopefully nothing else would happen during that time.