[PP-F11] Finding Myself, Part 3: Trouble Arises

"Oi, What's going on here?" A voice called out. "Aw, great, now we're in trouble..." Akudo then spoke to those who weren't fighting. "Let's get out of here!" Venorim shook his head. "Not without Azrea. I'll see what I can do to pull her out of this." Kanari seemed disappointed. "Really? I was about to have the fight's spectators place their bets!" The pink haired player attacked with a fast right hook onto the woman, knocking her either to the ground, or a few feet. A large figure soon stood over the players who were fighting, his hands on his hips, and clenched into fists, too. "Alright you three, GET OUT. NOW!!" The pink haired player was definitely not in a good mood. She cursed under her breath, and fled from the building after saying to the woman, "We will finish this outside." Azrea wasn't willing to listen, however, and so the person had to get her outside forcefully. After all players that were fighting were out of the building, the person would mutter to himself, "It's no wonder I haven't gotten many customers lately, this is the third fight I've had to stop this month...why is it that everyone around here wants to fight?" Once he was outside, Vigilon sighed when he saw that the pink haired player was ready to fight again. "...Can't we just settle this another way?"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krysta heard someone ask what was going on, and things started to get out of hand. Akudo called out for those not fighting to leave, and Krysta was about to agree. She then saw Venorim refuse, saying that he would not leave without Azrea. The pink haired player attacked with a right hook, knocking the woman a few feet. She was about to retaliate, when someone came and told them to leave immediately. The pink haired player fled, and Azrea was forcefully removed from the scene. The woman walked out calmly, as if everything was normal. As she was walking out, she asked the person, "Is it possible for me to return as long as I promise you that I will avoid indoor conflict from now on?" Once the players were outside, Krysta saw that the pink haired player was ready to fight again. The woman noticed this too, and found a way around the small crowd of players without being noticed. Once she was behind the player, she acted swiftly, making use of her weapon to strike her, deflect the next attack, knock her down with the other end of the spear, and point the blade at her throat as her foot was on her torso. "If this was real life, you would have lost. Now then, must we continue this, or will you concede?" Perhaps Krysta could learn something from this woman.

The woman asked the person if she could return as long as she avoided indoor battles from now on. "I can allow that. Of course, you'll have to wait at least a week before I can let you in again. Can't be too careful, place to run, this current temporary expulsion, et cetera et cetera, you know." He seemed a bit relieved that the woman had at least a bit of decency. The pink haired player found herself being struck by a surprise attack by the woman, who then pointed her weapon at her throat and had a foot on her torso, holding her to the ground. "Hmph, I guess you're a worthy opponent after all. *sigh*, Well, you've twisted my arm with this, so fine, I can work with the others...as long as they don't end up being more trouble than worth." Vigilon let out a sigh of relief. "Finally, it's over." Another player noticed the woman, and came to her. When Vigilon saw her, he recognized her as Kaldui. "Oh, hey Kaldui! You're just in time, a fight just finished, and we're going to carry out an investigation." Kaldui recognized the woman, and came over to her. "Um...Petastora, what's going on? ..Y-you didn't fight over simple opinions again, did you? I... I don't want to be reminded of your fight with Druin all the time like this...n-nor do I wish for us to always get involved in such petty conflict..."

(OOC: In case you haven't seen what Kaldui looks like[or haven't read the first thread in the "Finding Myself" shenanigan], here is the pic in the spoiler below.)

Spoiler

Kaldui.jpg.828873b0d184a81fb66362a6d1141734.jpg

(OOC: I've read the first thread already, but thanks anyway.)

The pink haired player accepted her defeat. Petastora lifted the blade away and stepped off of her. Kaldui came and started speaking to her, worried about petty conflicts. "Worry not, Kaldui, it's only a mild disagreement that had to be settled. If you would like to assist us in the task ahead, you may feel free to join in." Krysta came closer and asked, "So...you two know each other?" Petastora would turn to her with a light, gentle smile on her face, and answer Krysta's question. "Yes, we do. We are in the same Guild, after all." Soon, another player called out, "Heey! is something going on here?" When Laida caught up to the forming group of players, she noticed and recognized four players. Vigilon, Krysta, Kaldui and Petastora. She first spoke to the two players she hadn't seen for some time. "Vigilon! Krysta! Nice to see you two again!" Then she looked over to the other two, one of them, she had not seen for even longer. "Kal! Peta! It's soooo good to see you again! It's been so looooong!!" Petastora chuckled. "I'm sure that we'll be working together more often like we used to. Don't worry, little Laida." Petastora then looked to Vigilon. "Since you were going to take action on the situation first, what do you suggest we do?" Krysta then added, "Yes, Alex, what do you think we should do?" There were so many players, and one task to do.

• 2 weeks later...

The commotion had finally calmed down, and at this moment, about seven other players had arrived since Vigilon's conversation with Krysta and Kanari began, making a grand total of ten players in this one spot of town. Petastora and Krysta looked over to Vigilon, asking what he thought the players should do. "...Could I just ask a few questions before I give my suggestion on how we go about this thing? First, I don't intend to pry, so I don't mind if you'd rather not answer, but...who's Druin?" Akudo spoke up. "Druin? I've heard of him. He started a Guild of treasure hunters. They happen to be very competitive, and spend most of their days scouring the floors for dungeons and treasures." Kaldui stepped forward. "While that may be true, that isn't the whole story...He used to be one of us. We were the founding members of the Crystal Crusaders, all four of us. We began taking many quests and braving the dungeons for the sake of sharing resources and items with initiates who can't retrieve those themselves... However, he was...corrupted by greed. He and Petastora fought over their opinions, and in the end, Druin left, and took all the resources and treasures we gathered with him."

Vigilon had a question he wanted to ask before he gave his suggestion. He asked about the one Kaldui mentioned while speaking with Petastora. Akudo gave his answer, and then Kaldui told the story. "You were betrayed?" Krysta asked Petastora. "I'm afraid we were. We thought Druin was a kindhearted soul, but then one day, he showed his true colors as a man who sought to take anything he could have possession of. We haven't been able to get up so easily because of his actions. Sometimes I wonder what he is doing now..." Laida would come up to Krysta to add more to the story. "I was a Tank-in-training, Kaldui was a powerful DPS, Petastora was both a healer and a mild DPS, kind of like you seemed to be, and Druin was a scout. He only participated in the combat once he got his weapon skill grandmastered. We were a full party that took on some of the weaker dungeons when we started. Then we moved on to intermediate dungeons and quests. He tried his best to get to know us, and he shared some of his history with us...but it seemed that he didn't tell us everything. One day, I found him fighting Petastora, and he took quite a beating. He wanted to ask Kaldui if she could come with him, even if it was for a small while until he got back on his feet from expulsion, but Petastora refused immediately." Petastora looked shocked. "You saw us fight and argue?" Krysta had heard more than enough about Druin at this point. "Um... Shall we get back on track?"

Petastora and Laida told the rest of the story having to do with Druin. This guy...was an idiot. Krysta asked if the players could get back on track. "Yeeeeaaah, I've...heard WAY too much about the guy already, so...um, how about...ok, I hate to temporarily split you three up after your reunion, but how about this: In one party, there will be Krysta, Kanari, Akudo and I, and in another party, there will be Laida, Venorim, and Azrea, and, finally, there will be Petastora, Kaldui, and....hey, what's your name?" "Stryker." "Right...anyone opposed to this?" Azrea spoke up. "I am. I'm not going in any party without Kaldui, and maybe Petastora and Stryker. I wanna learn their battle styles, man! I wanna to be able to tear apart my enemies without mercy!" Vigilon facepalmed, Kaldui facepalmed, Venorim facepalmed, and Stryker facepalmed. Needless to say, Azrea's objection was ignored. Nobody else had something to say against the idea, so it was time to split up and set out. "Alright, either Laida's group or Stryker's group can start with this settlement. The rest of us will search on the rest of this floor. If Auranika is on this floor, please let the others know. If she is found, do the same and include the coordinates. That sound like a plan?" And so, it wasn't long before the players left the safe zone.

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta agreed with Vigilon's idea on how to split the parties, while Azrea did not. Apparently, Azrea only wanted to learn battle styles that she could use to "Tear apart her enemies without mercy". Oh, dear... Vigilon finished explaining his idea, and then Krysta would say, "I'm all for it." Petastora would add, "Sounds fair and balanced. There should be little to no risk with a party setup like this." It wasn't long before the players left the safe zone when Krysta noticed something different. Under the roots of a tree, there was a chest right there. This was unexpected. Only a few minutes after leaving the safe zone and she'd spotted a chest. "Um...Alex, I might have not found a person...but I still think this might be worth looking at." Chances were, it could either be filled with loot, or it could be a mimic that could be looted. Either way, it seemed like a fair idea to take a chance and go for it.

ID# 109382 LD: 15+3=18(Success, Found a chest!)

Edited by Krysta

It wasn't long before Krysta had already found something. Under some roots, there was a chest right there. "Good eye, Jewel!" Kanari was a bit excited. "We've been blessed with luck! Get the shovel! Let's dig this chest out!!" Akudo laughed and pulled out a woodcutter's axe from his inventory. "I don't think we'll have to use shovels on this one." Kanari stared for a few seconds, then said, "I dig, you chop." The two players were at an agreement there. Once they got the chest out, Vigilon walked over to open it. Vigilon jumped back immediately once the chest opened itself and jumped at Vigilon. Kanari and Akudo were startled slightly, and then two Antmen came up to them from behind. Kanari assumed they were hostile, and so she grabbed her scythe, and struck them with an AoE attack, grabbing their attention. Kanari and Akudo were stuck with two Antmen, while Krysta and Vigilon were stuck with this mimic.

ID# 109383 LD: 3(It's a freaking Mimic!!!)

ID# 109384 MD: 6-1=5(Miss)

Vigilon: HP 540/540, EP 64/64, | 12 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | 1 PAR | 1 BLD

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 270/270, 81 DMG

Stats:

Spoiler

Level:  27
HP:  540
EN:  64(Base[54], Energist[10])

Damage(MA): 12(Martial Arts Rank 3[+5], Veriost[+6])

Items:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Skills: 

One handed straight sword Rank 2

Energist

Meditation(Currently Unskilled, cannot be used yet)

Martial Arts Rank 3

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: Ugh, again? You've been getting quite a few mimics lately...)

Vigilon remarked on the fact that Krysta had spotted the chest. Kanari and Akudo worked together to free it from its wooden prison of roots. Unfortunately, there was one problem... When Vigilon tried to open it, it turned out to be a mimic. Not only that, but Kanari and Akudo found themselves occupied fighting off two Antmen. Krysta believed that she and Vigilon could take on this single mimic. It was two on one. As long as its damage wasn't too risky, killing and looting it would be a simple task. She attacked with the Sword Art known as Crucifixion, dealing a fair amount of damage. "If you wish to fight, come and face me, ravenous trickster!" She was certain that even if the mimic was able to strike her, Vigilon would be able to deal more damage to it, bringing it closer to its imminent defeat. Thus, she didn't mind having its attention for the time being.

ID# 109423 BD: 9(Critical, +1 base DMG)

Crucifixion: 8x6=48

Vigilon: HP 540/540, EP 64/64, | 12 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | 1 PAR | 1 BLD

[2] Krysta: HP 360/360, EP 30/36, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 222/270, 81 DMG

(OOC: I know that any Combat was originally intended to be RP combat before this mimic came along...but just to be safe, I made sure my stats and equipment were from the time this thread was created, from what I remembered. Maybe you should, too.)

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  18
HP:  360
EN:  36
DMG:  7(OHR Rank 3[+3], Star Saber[+3], Yolviinsil[+2])

Equipment:

Star Saber(3 DMG)

Guardian Vest(2 Mit. [Total 18])

Andvari's Blessing(3 LD)

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 3

First Aid Rank 2 

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 2[Does not apply, due to an equipped item]

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: Fixed. Thanks, Krysta.)

The mimic was about to lunge at Vigilon again, but then it was caught in Krysta's attack. It turned and snarled at her, showing all of its razor sharp teeth. It leaped at her, but it missed by an inch. Vigilon prepared his sword art as he muttered under his breath, "Oh, no you don't." He rushed in and attacked it with Tornado Kick, sending it flying towards one of the trees, as well as inflicting bleed and paralysis in the process. The single eye on the mimic glared menacingly at Vigilon. He'd caught its attention, that was for sure. "Well, I guess this won't take very long." He thought as he looked at its HP, which was close to yellow. "I think we've got this one in the bag, so let's kill this thing and get its loot!" Kanari and Akudo seemed to be doing fine over where they were fighting. Vigilon was sure they had their fight handled, too.

ID# 109425 MD: 5(Miss)

ID# 109426 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG, inflicted paralysis and bleed)

Tornado Kick- 14x6=84

[3] Vigilon: HP 540/540, EP 56/64, | 12 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | 1 PAR | 1 BLD

[2] Krysta: HP 360/360, EP 30/36, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 138/270, 81 DMG Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG {Paralyzed}

Edited by Vigilon

The Mimic snarled ferociously at Krysta, showing all of its razor sharp teeth. Clearly, she had angered it quite a bit. Krysta dodged the mimic's leaping attack, and then the mimic was kicked hard enough to send it flying towards a tree. It was also paralyzed, and, apparently it had the bleed status ailment as well(despite being a living chest, is it actually capable of bleeding?). Its one eye glared at Vigilon, who had caught its attention. Krysta rushed in to attack while it was immobilized like this, but...somehow she missed. How could such a thing be possible? It was right there, paralyzed, incapable of movement, and yet, she missed? Krysta couldn't understand this at all. "I must have misjudged the distance. That is the only possible explanation, and thus it must be the case." Perhaps looking before striking, and making sure the attack would be precise, would be a better course of action when attacking a paralyzed foe.

ID# 109427 BD: 2(Miss)

[3] Vigilon: HP 540/540, EP 58/64, | 12 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | 1 PAR | 1 BLD

[2] Krysta: HP 360/360, EP 29/36, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 138/270, 81 DMG Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG {Paralyzed}

Edited by Krysta

Krysta attempted to strike the Mimic, but she ended up missing. The Mimic finally got over its paralysis...just to be struck and paralyzed again by Vigilon's next use of Tornado Kick. Not only that, but Vigilon's attack brought its HP into the red. Its lid was still open, a strained snarl coming from it. Vigilon smirked. "Kind of annoying, isn't it? Just when you can finally move again, you're back to being immobilized." It wouldn't be long before this fight was over. Vigilon looked over to see that Kanari had already obliterated one of the two Antmen. "You wanna get squashed next, bug-boy?" She called out. Akudo sort of softly noted, "While that might not have been howl, that ought to get its attention." The remaining antman was glaring at Kanari, and it was clear that she was currently the most hated of the two in that separate fight. She must have scored a few critical hits.

[Paralysis refrains Mimic from taking action]

Bleed Damage: Mimic takes 12 Damage

ID# 109449 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, Refreshed status ailments), CD: 12(Recovered 3 energy)

Tornado Kick- 13x6=78

[6] Vigilon: HP 540/540, EP 52/64, | 12 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | 1 PAR | 1 BLD

[2] Krysta: HP 360/360, EP 29/36, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 48/270, 81 DMG Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG {Paralyzed}

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta watched as Vigilon used Tornado Kick on the Mimic once more, refreshing its status ailments. Perhaps this time, Krysta would be able to strike it. She waited for the opportune moment, she paid close attention to the distance, and thus she was able to reach the monster without much trouble. She attacked with the Sword Art known as Crucifixion. At this rate, the bleed damage should be able to finish it off. "There, that ought to do it." Krysta noticed that the other two players were having little trouble with their fight, as one of two enemies was already vanquished. What Krysta hoped now was that maybe the loot received from the mimic was at least similar to what a real chest could provide. Although it would be a shame to receive less loot from a mimic when compared to an actual treasure chest, it would at least be more than nothing.

ID# 109595 BD: 7(Hit)

Crucifixion: 7x6=42

[6] Vigilon: HP 540/540, EP 56/64, | 12 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | 1 PAR | 1 BLD

[3] Krysta: HP 360/360, EP 24/36, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 6/270, 81 DMG Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG {Paralyzed}

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: Alright dice, I get it! I'll loot it since the bleed damage finished it off...)

Krysta dealt the last blow before the bleed damage finished it off. The loot menu appeared in front of Vigilon, showing that he had received 810 Col, three tier two potions, and a pair of tier two Handwraps. Hopefully, this pair of Handwraps would at least be a bit better than his current ones. "Right...would you like half of, or all of the col looted from this thing, because everything else is...tier two. Sorry." He didn't intend to disappoint her, he was just telling it as it was. Kanari finished off the other antman, and overheard Vigilon talking to Krysta. "I'll take anything you don't take! And uh, Akudo, you'll let me have 65% of our take, right?" Akudo chuckled and responded with, "Did you think I was born this morning? I'll be taking at least 50%, thank you! I'll prefer 55% if you'll allow that." Kanari smiled and said to that, "Oh, really? In that case, let's find a competitive way to decide who gets 15% extra, leaving the other with 35%!"

[Paralysis refrains Mimic from taking action]

Bleed Damage: Mimic takes 12 Damage

ID# 109597 CD: 12, LD: 20+1=21(Looted 810 Col, 3 <<Unidentified Rare T2 Potions>>, and <<Unidentified Perfect T2 Handwraps>>)

(Congratulations dice, you've been forgiven...hopefully.)

[6] Vigilon: HP 540/540, EP 53/64, | 12 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | 1 PAR | 1 BLD

[3] Krysta: HP 360/360, EP 24/36, | 7 DMG | 18 MIT

Enemies:

Mimic: HP 0/270, 81 DMG Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG {Paralyzed}

Edited by Vigilon

The mimic shattered, and Vigilon received some loot from it. He asked Krysta if she wanted half of, or all the col dropped by the mimic, for everything else that was received was tier two. "Are materials part of what was tier two? I might be able to use those if I manage to achieve my profession soon. If not, I wouldn't mind taking all the col if that's what you wanted." She heard Kanari say that she was going to take anything that Krysta didn't take. She proceeded to hear Kanari's conversation with Akudo, and it was clear that she was obviously going for as much loot as possible, even if she had to risk some of her own in the process. "I'm not sure if that's the smartest move for you to take, Kanari. I'm pretty sure you're better off taking half, and letting Akudo keep the other half." She looked back to Vigilon. "So...I'd prefer that you choose whether it is all or half. I'm sure we can find another chest at some point, plus, we can seek out lootable monsters almost anytime."

• 2 weeks later...

"Yeah, sorry, there are no materials that came from this one." Krysta would say that she didn't mind taking all the col if that was what Vigilon wanted. She also gave her opinion towards what was going on with Akudo and Kanari's conversation. Once Krysta finished making her choice on the matter of loot, Vigilon would place the col in her hand. "Then by all means, take it all." He said as he smiled. He then turned back to the conversation between Akudo and Kanari. "Ok, instead of whatever it is you're about to do, I'd recommend you try this instead...why don't you two just settle this like adults? I mean, with all the time that we've been in this game, we pretty much are....I think." Kanari and Akudo looked at Vigilon, then back to each other...just to try rock paper scissors as the method of settling the dispute, which brought Vigilon to facepalm. Why couldn't they do this like most normal and fair people, trying to divide it 50-50 as much as possible? "Man oh man, it's like we've all grown into adults...but some of us don't seem to behave like most do..." Then he'd smile during his facepalm, and take his hand of his face as he shook his head. "But then again, we only became adults recently when this game started, so I guess I can just get used to it." It was time to get back to the task at hand. "Well, back to the search, I guess!"

-Gave the 810 col looted from the Mimic to Krysta

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon gave Krysta the col, all 810 of it, smiling as he did so. "That's very generous of you, Alex, thank you." She said as she smiled. Vigilon gave his suggestion to Kanari and Akudo, who then began doing Rock, Paper, Scissors as their solution, to which Vigilon facepalmed. "Well, not everyone has the same solution to a problem, besides, it was their choice, not ours." She thought. Vigilon spoke about what just happened, and smiled as he stopped facepalming. He then decided that it was time to return to the search. "He's right, we must press on!" Krysta had only seen this player they were searching for once, at a party, so she didn't know what she looked like out in the field. "Hey, Alex, do you know what Auranika looks like out in the field? I've only seen her at a party wearing a dress so far, so do you know anything about her appearance whenever she's outside the safe zone?"

Krysta asked a question that would have been useful since before the split-up. At least each party had one member who had seen Auranika before, so that was a repairable mistake. "Yeah, Alex," Kanari added. "What does she have equipped while out in the field?" Vigilon would give his answer based on the last time he had seen her. "Well, last time I saw her, she was wearing a set of gold armor. Yes, it is literally made of gold. The set of armor also has...believe it or not, a metal set of wings. Sure, they move, but they cannot make the wearer fly; they are simply for show. She also uses a two-handed spear, one that is probably cleaned and polished daily, 'cause it's always seems to shine. Then again, I've only seen that weapon during the daytime, so..." Kanari already had some thoughts on what Vigilon recalled of Auranika's appearance. "Ugh, she's still as vain as ever. Golden armor? Really?" Well, if there was one thing that was agreed upon, it was that the primary material of Auranika's armor didn't really make any sense.

Krysta listened carefully to the answer. She was a bit surprised about the material Auranika's armor was made from, and that it was complete with...apparently, flightless metal wings. "I fail to understand why she would wear armor made from gold. I mean, shouldn't gold be used in an artisan's crafts, for one? The weight of the armor would also be quite heavy, too." It wouldn't be long before Krysta received a message from one of the other parties.

To: Krysta, Petastora

Subject: Search

Group B confirming that Auranika is not in the settlement! We're free to join up with one of the other groups if possible!

-Laida

"Well, Alex, it seems that Auranika has not been seen in the settlement, so that's one portion of this floor searched. Laida also noted that her group is free to join up with one of the other groups if possible." She wondered what his next choice would be, or if her party would run into the other one still searching.