[PP-F11] Finding Myself, Part 3: Trouble Arises

After the unfinished business in the sixth floor was taken care of, Vigilon, Krysta, and Vigilon's real world friend, Amelia(known in the game as Kanari_Kakaze) headed over to the eleventh floor, and entered one of the floor's restaurants to discuss what they were going to do next. The day was still young, after all. There was still time to do something else. "Who knew that Wyvern Fangs could pass for Dragon Fangs? Well, in some cases, that is, from what Scilla told me." The potion had finally been made, and he was told that it could cause certain things to be clearer, depending on the situation. Vigilon guessed that it would apply to things like being in his mind while resting at the Waterfall of the sage, or even make it possible for these weird dreams he's had to make sense. Either way, he wouldn't be drinking the potion until later. Much later. "Maybe, these weird dreams I've been having could finally make sense...then again, when have my dreams ever made sense?" Kanari shrugged. "Beats me."

@Krysta

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krysta had followed Vigilon and who just so happened to be a real world friend of his, through the sixth floor, and over to a restaurant within the eleventh floor. Perhaps it would be best to get to know this friend of his, and possibly try learning more about her boyfriend via conversation. "So, Amelia, may I ask what your username is?" The potion that the the NPC known as Scilla had made for Vigilon was said to make certain things clearer. The only question was, what was Vigilon trying to make clear? "Alex, may I know what has been happening lately? If that potion truly is meant for making certain things crystal clear, what is it you're trying to solve?" The questions kept coming to her. However, Krysta believed she would understand the situation in due time...eventually, but she didn't know when. Yolviinsil remained near Krysta, shyly curled up, her wings in front of her head.

@Vigilon

Krysta asked Kanari what her username was. "I guess I'll just introduce myself with my username, along with a little extra! I am Kanari Kakaze, Freedom Typhoon!" Vigilon looked over to her. "Did you make that up, or is that an actual title?" "It was merely me being myself that got me that title. You know, following my moral compass, being exempt not by others, but by my own choice, whether they like it or not... I'm more of an exempt person, but 'Freedom' had a better ring to it, so..." "Huh...well all right, then." Krysta then asked Vigilon about what was going on. "Well, I guess it's high time I told you both. I'm...finding myself. The question is what are all the exact details of what I'm going to do in this game, what I am exactly, and a riddle given to me by...myself...the only way it could remotely make sense is if those hearing have been to the Waterfall of the Sage, and completed the quest that may occur. that riddle was, 'Go find the Dragon'."

@Krysta

Amelia reintroduced herself as Kanari Kakaze, "Freedom Typhoon". She and Vigilon then discussed the whole title thing for a bit. There was only one thing that confused Krysta, however. "Um...exempt? As in, free from all obligations and just law? Isn't lawless behavior something that we don't practice, especially in this game or the real world?" Vigilon explained his reason for the potion. Apparently he was "Finding himself", trying to figure out several things, some were...actually a bit obvious, although it may have just been him trying to dig deeper into that, which Krysta could understand. One thing was a complete riddle. "Go find the Dragon." "The Dragon? Well, I don't know of any non-familiar dragons that are benevolent, but should they exist, could one of them be your next hint, riddle or the like? Hopefully the answers you seek!" Maybe they should speak with Mitria. She might know of a benevolent dragon somewhere.

@Vigilon

Kanari seemed intrigued about the riddle Vigilon needed to solve. "The Dragon, eh? I wonder..." Krysta had a question for for Kanari, one that had Vigilon worried. "Lawless?? Pffft, I'm not totally lawless, I've got a moral compass to guide me! Freedom's the life for me. Honestly, tying myself to rules made by some who can easily become corrupt? Sounds like either one of two things, meaningless drudgery, or a big mistake." Vigilon didn't know where all of this would lead, but he would need to speak to Krysta... "Jewel... I need to tell you something. A while before I started on this path to finding myself, I got involved in some...nighttime shenanigans. I got myself some vanity gear and a potion to obscure my appearance, and I tried to gain some intel on a shady bunch I've heard of. Of course, Domarus had also heard of this meet-up they were having...and completely crashed the party...I took a bit of a hit as well, since the disguise hadn't worn off then...but at least I'm alright. However... I have this knowledge I can share with you. One: Outlander, the jerk who was there at that gathering competition that Nova set up, he leads that group. Two, I know of about..two players I now have to keep my eyes peeled for, and what they might leave behind. Those two players are Sharr and Fae. ...I hope you're not upset about what I did, since you asked that question to Amelia..."  Krysta also had some thoughts regarding Vigilon's riddle. "That...is a convenient, and very unlikely yet possible solution. I don't know much about where to find dragons in Aincrad, other than the seventh floor, as well as frost dragons specifically in the fourth."

@Krysta

Kanari's response to Krysta's question left her worried. "Moral compass...let's...hope that works out..." Kanari continued, and it really caused Krysta to be worried. This player seemed very distrusting of authority, whether they were just or not. " 'Easily become corrupt'? 'Meaningless drudgery'?? 'A big mistake'??? Just...just how reckless are you???" Krysta was full of disbelief on how reckless this player seemed. Vigilon then spoke to Krysta about something he had been needing to tell her. He spoke of a meet-up with villainous players, and how he intended to gather information in guise as one of their sort. A clever method that Krysta not only didn't think could be a possible solution, but wouldn't have the courage to do so herself. She couldn't even act close to their sort, so she wouldn't have been up for the task either way. She would have been one of the party crashers instead. He also shared what he knew of this dastardly bunch, and the members he'd seen, including... "W-what!?!?" She couldn't believe it. She had seen Fae at two events, and both times she had seemed like the sweet, innocent child... Was it all merely a ploy? Or did she snap under the game's pressure and influence? Vigilon was hoping Krysta wouldn't be upset with him. "Alex...you had the acting, the disguise, the purpose, and the courage to do that for the greater good. I might have had other methods of handling the situation, but what matters is that you did it for the greater good, and that you were honest about it."

@Vigilon

Edited by Krysta

Krysta seemed completely surprised, and she asked just how reckless Kanari was. "Absolutely. I'm stubborn in the face of stupid...twenty-four seven." Krysta took in all that Vigilon told her, and was shocked to realize that Fae had snapped and joined a criminal Guild. Krysta had her reasons to not be upset with Vigilon over his course of action during the matter. He inwardly let out a sigh of relief. Everything was going to be fine. Soon a familiar player approached the table. "I've been wondering when I'd see you again, Vigilon." Vigilon turned to see a red haired player with a red scarf. "Akudo, nice to see you again." Akudo looked towards Kanari. "Nice to know you've reunited with the girl I spoke with, and told you about, too. Which reminds me... that'll be about 100 Col for all the current total intel I've given you since the last payment." Vigilon had already pulled out the col, but there was one problem... "Wait...you spoke with Amelia? Not...?" This was now a major problem. Who had spoken with Auranika? Kanari looked to Akudo. "Yo."

@Krysta

Akudo:

Spoiler

Akudo.thumb.jpg.22aca254e0c4a0fb2186b4534fb524b1.jpg

Kanari had responded to Krysta's question completely in a casual way. What she said was, "Absolutely. I'm stubborn in the face of stupid...twenty-four seven." She didn't even seem remotely concerned at all, and she was completely blunt on her answer, too. "I...I don't get how...I..." Vigilon seemed relieved to know that Krysta wasn't completely bothered by how he had handled the situation he was in. It wasn't long before another player came up to the three players. He had red hair, a red scarf, and he seemed to know Vigilon and Kanari. From what she heard, the player's name was Akudo. Akudo asked for payment on intel, so he must have been some sort of hired informant. Vigilon realized something, and then seemed worried. "Is something wrong, Alex?" What could this be? Could it be something serious, or could it be something minor? Krysta waited to hear Vigilon speak again. He might speak of the new situation.

@Vigilon

"What are you trying to say, Vig?" Akudo said, with a confused look on his face. "...Do you remember, by any chance, speaking with a player who goes by the name Auranika?" Akudo shrugged. "Nope. Although I have heard of Auranika." Kanari then asked, "Hey, I'm not trying to pry too deep, but...who is this Auranika exactly? it seems like you happen to know this player. ...Please tell me it's not Katrina. I really doubt she would have gotten this game anyway regarding the state she was in." Welp, Vigilon was going to have to tell her sooner or later. "Auranika...is April." Kanari looked surprised. "April? As in, April Darren? The girl who basically had the whole school, excluding a select few, right in the palm of her hand? That April?" "Yup. She had claimed that someone had spoken to her, someone in a cloak...we guessed it was you, Akudo, but the fact that it wasn't you has me concerned. Really concerned." Kanari seemed to be in thought, as if hesitating to pick one of two possible options. "Well, as much as I'd hate to do so, we've gotta look into this. Who knows what that cloaked guy had in mind, and I'd rather not let someone like her fall into the wrong hands, or even die without learning that one lesson she refuses to learn." Well, that settles it. Jewel, are you in?"

@Krysta

Krysta listened to the conversation unfold. Vigilon mentioned Auranika, the player who was at the event Nova had set up, the one with a karaoke competition. The player who's arrival was announced, said to be the leader of a Guild known as the Angelic Brigade. Kanari asked Vigilon who Auranika was, and he revealed her real world identity. It seemed that Kanari might have not exactly had the best history with this young woman. Vigilon said that he had guessed it was Akudo who was the cloaked player that spoke to Auranika, but with the proof right in front of them, it was now likely that a shady player had spoken to the young woman, probably for some ill intent. Vigilon asked if Krysta was in on the task of helping. "I wouldn't stand idly by while some shady player gets what he wants! You can count on me to assist in this task!"

@Vigilon

It was nice to know that Krysta was willing to help. From behind, a voice said, "So Miss full of herself is actually in a pickle without knowing? Hope you don't mind an extra companion here!" Vigilon turned around to see Azrea, one of the players in the Platinum Force. Behind her, Venorim said, "Not without me, I'm not letting Azrea out of my sight!" Azrea scoffed. "Who are you? My babysitter? Pah! I can handle myself!" Vigilon walked closer to the player. "Changed your hair slightly, I see, but it seems to me that you yourself haven't changed though." Venorim didn't seem to be in a good mood. "I'll say. She's been a real handful, and that's surprising, as it is saying a lot for her age." Kanari asked, "Who are these two?" Vigilon decided to explain. "Azrea here, until today, I have never seen around anyone other than her Guild's leader, who just so happens to be Victor Falcon." "Whoa, whoa whoa. Victor Falcon? The Victor Falcon?" "Yes. Azrea loves the thrill of combat...but can get carried away too easily. Venorim here, I had a run-in with back in the third floor...over a pendant." Venorim sighed. "My failure brought me this." he said, gesturing to Azrea. So Ind0minus needed someone to keep an eye on Azrea at all times, and there was a pretty good guess as to why Venorim was right now...

@Krysta

Azrea:

Spoiler

Azrea.jpg.35b87330a2b2d7fa4e424b8cedfcc083.jpg

Krysta heard someone else offer to join, and Venorim said that the player who had just offered to join wouldn't be going without him. Was this player a member of the Platinum Force? The player scoffed, and asked if Venorim was supposed to be her babysitter or something else of the like., and said she could handle herself. Vigilon recognized her, noting that she had changed her appearance somewhat, but not her personality. Kanari asked Vigilon who the two players were, and Vigilon answered the question, giving some information about the black haired player, Azrea, as well as info on Venorim. Krysta herself hadn't really heard much about this Victor Falcon person, but from what Krysta could tell, there were definitely chances that she might encounter him in this game at some point. Venorim gestured to Azrea as he spoke of his failure, and it seemed that Venorim was tasked with keeping an eye on Azrea...but why? Krysta feared she might find out soon enough, but wouldn't want to know it. She did have a few stern words for Venorim, however. "I do hope that you've learned to not be a dishonorable thief."

@Vigilon

Krysta sternly said to Venorim that she hoped he had learned to not be a dishonorable thief. Venorim looked back to the player he'd encountered that had managed to get away. "You can relax, girl. I once thought my duty was to obtain victory at all costs...but I doubt this extra punishment is necessary. I now know that a dishonorable victory is no victory at all, and so I shall play it fair from now on." Vigilon nodded his head. "Well then, I guess we can head out." Vigilon began walking towards the door, but then someone suddenly jumped in the way. "What the-?" The player in front of the door took off her hood and lowered the bandanna on her face. This pink-haired player then spoke. "I overheard your conversations. In my point of view, only the two players that have the proof will speak to Auranika. As for the rest of you, your assistance is appreciated, but not required. I'll take it from here." Azrea and Kanari didn't seem to like that. "Hey, what's the big deal? Was it something I said?" "So...April got herself a ninja or something? anyway, trying to stop me from coming wouldn't be possible...I could show you why if you'd like, but you'll regret it!"

@Krysta

Stryker:

Spoiler

Zerii.png.b769399b4671e967cbbe8d0befbbbb17.png

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta still looked sternly at Venorim, even though he had essentially told her that he intended to play it fair from now on. Vigilon decided it was time to head out, but then the door was blocked by someone. This mysterious player took off her hood and bandanna before speaking, and what she said basically meant that she wanted to do it herself. Kanari and Azrea didn't seem to like this at all. Krysta had her own opinion on the matter. "How do we know we can trust you? Besides, I still wish to help." This was probably going to end up nowhere. From behind, a voice said, "Having trouble, are we?" Krysta turned around and saw a woman standing there. She walked over to the pink haired player. "Why do you deny their help? Do you see them only as obstacles towards your goal, or do you wish to prove how skilled and secretive you are by doing this on your lonesome?"

@Vigilon

Petastora:

Spoiler

Petastora.thumb.jpg.2d9216121b1fa5e18b02488db7621990.jpg

The pink haired player began to hear the other players speak. She first spoke to Kanari. "Technically, I am a hunter of sorts. In my Guild, I am a High Guardian. I not only protect and train all members, including the other Guardians, but my position has me work directly for my Leader, The Golden Dragon; Lady Auranika. I care nothing about your threat. Fighting me would only be more trouble than worth." She looked over to Krysta, who questioned her trustworthiness, and insisted on going. "I swear my loyalty to family. Always. The Angelic Brigade, being a makeshift family, as a result, has my word. I won't allow you to get involved in conflicts that don't concern you." Akudo decided to speak up. "Hey now, there's no need to be like that, miss. Vig and I don't have to be your only companions on this!" A woman came up to the pink haired player, inquiring as to why she wouldn't let the others come. "This conflict is not their concern. This is Auranika's peril; this is my mission." She held up a dagger to the woman's neck, a false threat, hoping to be intimidating enough to get the woman to stop. "So don't interfere with me." Vigilon tried to come between the two. "Whoa whoa whoa WHOOOOAAAAAA!!!! This isn't the time to start a fight, this isn't the time for false threats, this-" The pink haired player shoved him aside, walked back over to the door, and gestured for Vigilon and Akudo to come. "Both of you, with me. Now. I don't want to waste anymore time with fools."

@Krysta

Krysta had trouble understanding the pink haired player's logic for having the least amount of players on the task that she was essentially dominating. She decided to speak up in favor of the one who had decided to begin this task in the first place. "The matter was first addressed by Vigilon. By all means, he should have a say in all of this, since he was the one who chose to act first." The woman who spoke to the pink haired player saw her hold a dagger to her neck; a false threat. It was obvious, seeing that no damage could be dealt in a safe zone, unless there was a duel. "Please." She rolled her eyes, and pulled out her own weapon, a two handed spear with a spearhead that shone like a crystal...wait, was the spearhead itself a crystalline material?? She pointed the weapon at the pink haired player. "Your false threat means nothing to me. Besides, in this game, I've been through worse, more intimidating foes than the demeanor you seem to portray. Let the other players go with you. If you don't agree, I will come along myself to assure that we work together as a group. You might learn something."

@Vigilon

• 2 months later...

Two players, each having an opinion that clashed against the other. This couldn't end well. Azrea pulled out her scythe as quietly as possible, hoping that a fight would start, for, as always, she was itching for some combat. Vigilon stepped back, just in case anything bad happened. The pink haired player didn't exactly like the woman's response. Her blade was still in her hand, and although she didn't have the skill to deal more damage with it, she could still make use of it if things continued to not go her way. She turned around to face the woman. "I see how it is... Your words won't get you anywhere. You can't persuade me, so you'll have to make me." Akudo Then said, "Hey now, wouldn't that be going too far? We're inside a building right now!" Yup, this was definitely going to end in some form of fighting, whether it be words, or actions.

The pink haired player turned to face the woman, and the words she spoke confirmed that there would be combat. Krysta waited to see what would happen, also considering whether or not she should intervene. The woman said, "Suit yourself." and took a defensive stance, ready to strike back if the player came close. "I'm ready." The woman waited to see what the player would do, whether she would back down, request that the fight take place outside, or come forward to fight here. Akudo seemed to be against the idea of indoor combat, and, honestly, Krysta was, too. There would be some destruction of objects in the area, not to mention, any others around might not be willing to witness a fight in this building. Krysta looked around her, and noticed that Azrea was pulling out her weapon. "Unless it is to intervene, I will not allow you to get involved." There was no need for unnecessary combat, so if there was going to be any more conflict, it would be so it would end quicker.

The woman took a defensive stance, ready to strike back if the pink haired player came close. Speed would be the key to striking her without immediate retaliation. Krysta saw that Azrea was pulling out her scythe, and told her not to jump in unless it was to try and stop the fight. Azrea smirked and responded with, "I'll do as I please, little princess." The pink haired player rushed forward, threw the dagger at the woman, then striking multiple joints immediately after any blocking or deflecting. Azrea jumped in during that moment, swinging her scythe in two alternating directions and slamming the blunt end onto the ground between the two. The pink haired player then retaliated with an uppercut and a kick that knocked her to the wall. "Keep out of this, it is not your fight, nor is it your concern." Azrea got back up, and said, "Just what makes you think I'm going to miss this? I love a good fight!" Venorim then came near Azrea saying, "Azrea, stand down. NOW." Vigilon backed up and decided to wait for now. He had no Idea what to do here. Jumping in might only cause a bigger brawl.

Azrea told Krysta that she would do as she pleased, and called her a princess. The pink haired player rushed forward and threw the dagger at the woman, which was deflected, but then the woman was struck multiple times on the joints. She was about to retaliate, but then Azrea jumped in, striking both players with her sweeping attack, which seemed similar to the Sword Art known as Explode Catapult. It wasn't exact, but it was close. When the woman got back up, she struck Azrea in the torso with the other end of the spear as the pink haired player kicked her, effectively sending her to the wall. Venorim ordered Azrea to stand down. Krysta decided that she would intervene if Azrea didn't listen, otherwise she would abstain and keep herself a safe distance away from the fight. Yolviinsil watched quietly, waiting to see what would happen, and listening for anything Krysta might ask her to do.