{PP-F10} Making Amends (But Not Really Though)

Pinball's hand brushed against the cool stone as he silently made his way through Yomi. Every so often, a hallowed villager would pass him, staring at him with empty eyes. Pinball barely acknowledged them. They don't talk much anyways. It had been a long time since he had talked to her. Pinball bit his lip, his eyes downcast. As Pinball made his way to Froppy's shop, he went over his apology speech several times. An overwhelming sense of anxiety threatened to consume him, but he pushed on. He couldn't keep making up excuses. He found himself going out of his way to avoid anything having to do with her. Since the incidents, there was scarce a moment that passed that he didn't regret what he had said. I didn't... Pinball shook his head. As he finally arrived at McFroppy's, Pinball gripped the door's handle, staring at the ground. This is the right thing to do. Pinball closed his eyes, took a deep breath... and the droopy, glum looking teenager entered McFroppy's. 

@Ragdoll

Ragdoll had started her shift about 4 hours ago when Tsu had left to do the usual material gathering. It was just part of their agreement. If Ragdoll watched the place, then she could live there. But today had been a bit of slow day, as no one at all had come inside so far. She was getting bored of hanging out, so Ragdoll did what she usually did and took a nap on the counter cat style. With her pseudo cat costume, Ragdoll almost looked like a an actual cat napping. She had napped for only 20 minutes when the bell rang that signalled the door opening. Ragdoll perked up and hopped off of the counter after waking up, which took about a minute after the player had walked in. "Hi! Welcome to McFroppy's! How can I help?!" Ragdoll greeted, waving from behind the counter. Her left eye was twitching a bit every few seconds. The boy looked familiar and fit a description that Tsu had told her to watch out for, so Ragdoll had to confirm. "Who are you by the way?! I like getting to know the customers!" Ragdoll, asked a big smile staying on her face, never changing.

@Pinball

Edited by Ragdoll

When he entered, he was immediately hit with a wave of memories. It all seems so surreal. Not too long ago, he had been sitting here eating breakfast. Everything was fine. You ruined it. And for what? He had hurt somebody for a few moments of solitude. And from the way things were when he had been forced to talk to her, she despised him. That's why you're here, he sighed, then took a few steps toward the counter... only to freeze up when he noticed the lump curled up on the tabletop. 

Pinball stood there for a moment, trying to comprehend what he was seeing. A girl dressed up as a cat? Pinball suddenly felt very embarrased. He slowly took a backwards step towards the door, his hands held out in front of him. He grit his teeth as he inched his way to the entrance - or, in his case, the exit. It was then that the evidently hyper girl hopped off the counter and greeted him. She's so loud??? Pinball couldn't muster up the words to speak for a few, tense seconds, but he finally managed to put a sentence together when she asked him who he was. "Me? I'm, uhh... just leaving. Sorry.

Ragdoll couldn't help but giggle at the way the boy was reacting. Just by the way he could barely form a sentence, Ragdoll knew something was up. The boy started to head for the exit, but Ragdoll circled around him and blocked him from leaving. "Come on now! Don't go! Are you here for one of Tsu's orders? She should be back soon, I'm just watching the place while she's gone! So stay for a while, I can whip up something good for you!" Ragdoll offered, toning her voice down a few noise levels once she realized she was being too loud. It was always like that when she woke up. She never knew how loud she really was. Taking the boy by the hand, Ragdoll brought him over to a booth and sat him down. "So what kind of breakfast can I get for you? Today's specials are the biscuits and the pancakes!" Ragdoll asked, trying to be as friendly as she could.

@Pinball

Edited by Ragdoll

This isn't going as planned, Pinball lamented, allowing himself to be dragged along the store and seated at a booth. He looked side to side, poring over the store's every detail; looking for any sign of Froppy. He found nothing. Maybe she was out? He had all but zoned the cat girl out, but her ramblings confirmedd it.  Listening to the girl talk, Pinball finally sighed. "I'm not here for an order. I don't have much money," he began, "but... sure. Yeah. I'll uhh... take the special." Pinball cast a quick glance at the energetic waiter, grimaced, then looked down at his folded hands. He had come here to do one thing. One thing. And you're already wimping out, huh? Pinball shook his head, and dragged his hands across his face, mussing up his hair in the process. What was he going to do? What am I supposed to do? Part of him wanted to quit - to just walk out and leave, like he was never here in the first place. And yet part of him wanted to stay. At least for the breakfast. 

Ragdoll tilted her head to one side and patted the boy on the shoulder when he grimaced at her before looking down. Something was definitely wrong. Ragdoll was still smiling and she tried what she could to be comforting. "What's got you down? I know exactly when someone's got something on their mind! So feel free to open up to this cat if you want! You can call me Ragdoll by the way! So just think on if you wanna open up while I go get your food!" Ragdoll introduced herself, along with offering help. She then ran back to the kitchen and found the premade breakfasts that Tsu had left for her in case someone actually came. Ragdoll couldn't cook to save her life. She came back after about thirty seconds with a tray in hand. "Here you go kitty! And don't worry about paying by the way, it's on me!" Ragdoll said as she sat down across from the boy. "So who are you and what's got ya down?" Ragdoll asked, resting her elbows on the table.

@Pinball

Edited by Ragdoll

He flinched at the touch on his shoulder, but didn't openly protest. Instead, he just looked very uncomfortable with it. "Nothing's got me down," he mumbled, shifting in his seat. His voice was monotone and tired, and his eyes were getting droopier by the second; whether from sadness or general exhaustion, even he himself didn't know. Pinball propped his head up on his palm, and rubbed his finger along the table, staring off into space. "Thanks for the offer, though." When the girl left to get his food, Pinball slumped over, putting his on his crossed arms. I really should leave. This is weird. Why are you even still here. Pinball sat up, deciding in a split moment that'd he just try to get to the door as quickly as possible... only to find that Ragdoll had already returned with his breakfast. That was... fast. Pinball nodded, offering a smile as he accepted the tray. He took up a fork, then glanced over to Ragdoll, who didn't seem like she was going to be leaving. He balanced the fork on his finger. "I'm not feeling down. Just a hungry guy."

Ragdoll sighed as she saw the way the boy looked uncomfortable upon being tapped on the shoulder. Her smile didn't go away, but she felt a little bit upset inside. She was running out of cards to play already to get to know what was wrong with this boy. When she came back and he said that he was just a hungry guy, Ragdoll giggled at how obvious his lie was. "I know there's something up with you, and you don't have to tell me. But is there any chance that your name is Pinball? Because if so I know what's up." Ragdoll said in a bit of a serious tone, her smile completely ruining it. "I'm surprised you even showed your face here after what you said to my best friend. Normally I'd give you a good punch, but you seem like a cool cat, so I'll let it slide. Can I just ask why you came here?" Ragdoll asked, cutting right to the chase. If he wasn't going to say anything about Tsu, then Ragdoll sure was.

@Pinball

Admittedly, he wasn't very hungy. As he sat there, Pinball played with the fork more than he actually ate anything. In fact, he didn't touch the food at all. He stared at it, twirling the fork on his finger. When Ragdoll asked if he was Pinball, he flinched. He quickly ran through his options; he could lie about being Pinball, he could accept it, or he could just dodge the accusation entirely and leave. Instead, he shrugged. "Yeah," he agreed, frowning, "you probably should punch me, actually." Pinball took another moment to glance down at the food in front of him. He imagined himself eating it, but couldn't find the will to actually go through with it. He pushed his utensils to the side. "And I really only came here because I was hungry." Trying to rid himself of his monotone voice, he added, "I get cravings." He pushed himself to the edge of his seat and started to stand. "Guess I'm not as hungry as I thought I was." Pinball's gaze lingered on the seat, then his attention shifted to the door. "I'll get out of your hair. Duty calls.