[F4-pp]Frozen Enhancements <<essence of steel>>

Spoiler

<<The Essence of Steel>>

This quest takes place on Floor 4
This quest is repeatable

Word from Information Brokers speaks of a mysterious Beast Skull found in the far north of the Frozen wasteland of Floor 4. A small party reported having struck the skull with a nearby bone, waking a huge beast in a nearby cave. This monster, identified as <Snow Beast>, was easily equal in health and strength to a Floor Boss, and is said to yield an incredibly rare drop upon death that will allow a player to enhance a single item, improving it's quality by one level.

Requirements:
-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The Snow Beast must be defeated

Snow Beast Information:
<Snow Beast> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 250
Damage per Attack: 160

Special Ability: Partial Phase- Snow Beast will always deal a minimum of 24 damage, even through Armor and Armor Abilities.

Rewards:

1. Essence of Steel: an incredibly rare monster drop that allows a player to enhance a weapon, armor, or accessory and improve it's quality by one level. (Example, an Uncommon Weapon becomes a Rare Weapon.) Enhanced Gear is eligible for new Item Enhancements and must be approved through the Crafting Item Evaluation Topic.
    Note: This item CANNOT change a weapon's Tier. (Example, a Tier 1 weapon becomes a Tier 2).
  2. 1 Skill Point
Parties or Groups are encouraged, though only the player who takes this quest, and uses the Skull to awaken The Snow Beast will receive the <<Essence of Steel>> drop. That means ONLY ONE ESSENCE WILL DROP PER TOPIC.

Hei had been at Stryder's shop to get the few unidentified Items he had collected over the time, and once he had heard, that one of them was a spear with unique enhancement, that would make a devastating weapon once he could upgrade it to a perfect weapon, he was eager to do that. Since he had been busy crafting some pieces of armour for all the people that had ordered in his shop, today was the first time he had time to have a crack on the task. Knowing, that he could easily kill the monster on his own, he didn't have to ask anyone for help, but he always enjoyed some time with his friends from the guild, and so he sent a message at Stryder, who had told him that he should upgrade the spear in the first place.
Hey @Stryder, how are you today?
I was just wondering if you would like to tag along, when I once again enter the icy cave of the snow beast, looking for the essence of steel?
It would be nice to have you around.

Once he had sent the message, Hei walked through his workshop, to tell Fae that he would leave soon, and to find out where Huatli was hiding. It seemed the small raptor liked it to hide from him everytime he was in the workshop. So Hei had to go and look for her before he could leave.

Spoiler

Hei: 600/600 HP | 60/60 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG | 27 MIT

Item Stats:
- Gae Bulg, Spear of Mortal Pain +3 DMG
-
Harbingers Sigil +27 MIT
-
Scales of Speed +3 EVA
-
The Champions Robe +3 LD (vanity/ battleready items)

Battle Ready Items:
The Champions Robe (takes one, even when worn as vanity )
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
3 charges: Nature's Blessing (healing 15xTier)
<<The Martriarch's Stinger>> (+1 DMG for one Battle)

• 4 weeks later...

Sky groaned as he wiped his brow off, sweat flying off and matting the wall next to him. He had been working on his shop all day, after having been at a mountain retreat forthe last month. He had fallen behind, and apparently, everyone had gotten a lot stronger than he had realized. Hell, Pinball was now level fourty! He had to start pushing himself, he had a long way to go to catch up.

He looked up, seeing his message box flashing. He swiped his menu into existence, and then opened it. He saw it from Hei, then seeing if he wanted to join the quest he was doing. It was one they had already done, and Sky remembered how it went that time. He had launched himself at the enemy, and had smashed right through it instantaneously. He shrugged, sending a message back.

@Hei  Sure thing, will see ya soon. Meet you in the fourth floor main town.

He didn't bother really putting any of his gear on. Hell, nearly everything was just a outer layer anyway. He had no shirt on, just an open jacket, and his guantlets and gloves on. He then ran his way  to the portal on the fourth floor, deciding to wait for him  there.

Spoiler

Stryder - 700/700P | 70/70 EN | 62 MIT | 4 ACC | 3 EVA

GM Martial Arts - ferocity - precision | Rank 2 Light Armor | Concentration - Ready | -Survival Active

Equipped Items

Hide contents

Starlit Waves + 3 DMG (Gloves)

Starshield + 3 EVA (Light armor, jacket)

Aura of Guardianship(Aura of the Guardian) +3 MIT (54) (Heavy armor, guantlets)

Battle Ready inventory

Hide contents

Quick Menu (Items) (5 Slots)

T1 Mass healing Crystals

Reveal hidden contents

--

Name: Mass Healing Crystal
Your Profession: Merchant
Your Rank: 2
Item Type: Crystal
Roll Id: 
 LD:  20
Tier: 2
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: 2 Mass Recovery
Description: A crystal containing healing mist, when crushed heals those around.

--

--

Teleportation Crystals X2

• 2 weeks later...

Hei was still running through the Hanger, looking for the small raptor, when he heard the ring sound of the message notification. - Well, I'll just read what Stryder replied, then I will continue searching for Huatli - he thought and opened the message. Quickly reading it, he saw that Stryder would be meeting with him in the main settlement of the fourth floor, so Hei had to hurry up and find his small raptor. "Huatli, come out, come out. We have to go" he called his familiar, and indeed, the small raptor really came. She jumped from one of the stacks of fabric and Hei had to catch her, so she wouldn't fall to the ground. "There you are. We will go and fight an evil frost monster." he said and equipped his combat gear, taking the small raptor with him and leaving the store to Fae.

Hei ran through the town of beginnings, as he wanted not to let Stryder wait, and so he quickly arrived at the plaza of teleportation, and soon he and Huatli were in the cold and snowy place of the fourth floor. Not to far from the portal Stryder was waiting for them, and so Hei walked over to him, waving and greeting his friend. "Hey, we are here and ready to go. This is Huatli, I think you haven't met her" and he pointed at the raptor that was already jumping through the snow like a small child.

Sky got there after a little bit, only a few minutes. Luckily, he got there before Hei. He went and leaned against a pole near the portal, his wolf sitting by his side. He smiled, seeing soon Hei appearing near him, but he was quickly suprised when he saw a bloody RAPTOR RUNNING THROUGH THE SNOW AND JUMPING IN IT! He simply shook his head, Silver quickly moving behind him, a bit worried about it herself. Once the initial shock wore off, he looked at his companion. He hadn't seen Hei in a fair while, it had been a long time.

"Definitely haven't met the Raptor here. Nice to meet you Huatli" He says, hoping he prounounced it right. 

"I'm guessing you want to upgrade the spear i identified for you?" He says to one of his two 'Twin Speared Guardians'. He liked that nickname, the one that he had gotten for Hei and Pinball.... He didn't remember where he had got it from though.

Hei saw the surprise in Stryders face, when he was Huatli the first time, and what he hadn't though of was silver. The big silver white wolf hid behind Stryder when she was the small raptor jumping through the snow, before she slowly came back. As nice as Stryder always was, he greeted the little raptor, that stopped jumping around and turned it's head towards Stryder, interested in who had called her, she slowly came closer, but always had an eye on the much bigger wolf. Once she was nearly close enough for Stryder to touch her, Huatli jumped back and slightly hissed at him. "Hey Huatli, that's not nice. They are our friends" Hei said, before he could reply to Stryders question.
"Yeas, you are right. I want to upgrade the spear you Identified for me, so I can really use it. It's critical effects are really nice, but it's base damage is just so low, so i am going for an enhancement of it." he told his friend. Now that they met, it was time for them to make their way through the snowy plains of the fourth floor.

• 4 weeks later...

He didn't really understand much about this new random raptor that he had just met, but from the seem of it, it was a little bit of a prankster. It started coming towards him, keeping its eyes on Silver, who was a little intimidated, despite the size. Sky reached out a hand, only to be hissed at and for it to jump back. He let out a small laugh, then listened to Hei, who had just confirmed his guess. He smiled, glad that he was going to be using the spear he had enhanced for him... Well, technically enhanced. It was a powerful spear, it would just about ignore any mitgation the guy was trying to use, and it would hit with three different types of pain. Its a ruthless spear, he was glad he had gotten it to his companion. 

"Thought as much, yeah. I feel it would be good to use aganst a target you just can't deal much damage through the intense amount of armor they have, but.... Iv yet to find a hostile like that" He says with a grin, knowing that among the T2's, he could deal around the most damage thanks to his gear. It was a bit cocky to think and say, but... It was the truth.

So Stryder was not to serious about what Huatli did, as he laughed when the small raptor had hissed and jumped back. It seemed Silver was more of the problem, as she looked a little intimidated, more or less hiding behind Stryder himself. His friend then told him, that he thought of the weapon as a chance to fight enemies he wasn't able to directly attack, as he could get some damage through their immense armour, and then with a grin he had added that he hadn't found any of those. "You're right, there aren't many mobs that have high enough armour to protect them from your fancy martial arts fighting, but I very well remember fighting against mobs that just took no damage from my attacks. And I think I still don't deal as much damage as you do."   he told his friend. With them talking about the spear and what he could do with it, Hei realized, that it might be better to enhance the bleeding effect or something like that instead of adding raw damage, as that wouldn't really matter if he just used the weapon for heavy armoured enemies. Then he remembered, that they met to get the item and asked Stryder "How about we start heading out towards the frozen caves, and maybe fight some weaker ice elementals on our way, just for fun of course" he added with a smile in his face.