[F4-pp]Frozen Stakes - Finding the essence of steel COMPLETED

With both of them ready to leave the nice and cosy tavern they had been to, Hei opened the door and led the way into the cold and snowy world of the fourth floor. The sun had risen already, but the light was not really bright, as it had started to snow again and the falling snowflakes reflected it back to the sky. None the less, it was good weather, the snowfall was just a little bit, so they would be able to find their way to the cave they were looking for, and the sparkling white that fell from the sky looked gorgeous. "Look at this, I believe the gods are with us today. The last time I have gone for the quest, we got trapped in a blizzard, but it looks like we just got a nice little snowing going on." Hei said happy and smiled at Saphira.
Even though he thought he had got a little used to her sight, but it still took his breath for a short moment.
- She looks so beautiful, and the snow flying around her head, sticking to her hair makes her look even better - he thought, but was interrupted when Huatli jumped into the snow in front of him and made it fly in all directions. "Hey there, be careful!" he said, even though he knew it wouldn't help, as Huatli just loved the snow.

Moments later they had left the village behind them and maid their way through the snowy hills and forests of the fourth floor, following Hei's directions, as he knew where they had to go. He once or twice saw ice elementals not to far off, but he was able to guide them so they didn't get the mobs aggro even once. They walked through the snow and after some more minutes Hei saw a strangely symmetric heap of snow. Being as curious as he had always been, Hei walked over to the heap, and after brushing away some of the snow, he found a wooden chest hidden underneath it. "Hey sweety, come over here, I found something." he said, so Saphira would see the chest too.

ID: 107931
LD: 14+3 = 17 -> found a treasure chest

OOC: du kannst sie mit nem LD wurf aufmachen (nicht modifiziert durch irgendwas), aber bei ner 1-3 ist es ein mimic, der dich angreift.
Oder du kannst einen Post warten und ich mach das.

Edited by Hei
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two of them and Huatli had left the tavern. Outside it was cold, windy and full with snowflakes. Even if it was about to snow the world around the little group looked friendly and beautiful. Saphira enjoied every single moment of it, the cold weather still was'nt her favorit weather but with Hei it was okay, it did'nt felt that worse, he was like a warm shine in the cold air and just looking at him makes her feel warm. A few moments later he turned to her and told her about the last time he had made this quest, they got trapped in a blizzard, Saphira was'nt really sure what a blizzard was but it did'nt sound friendly. Saphira similed back at Hei - If they are really with us, I hope they stay untill we go back, I do'nt want to be trapped in a blizzard. -
As she looked directly into is eyes she saw the dreamy expression in them a warm smile reached Saphiras lips but the moment was'nt long the sound of Huatli who jumped into the snow with a happy noise interrupted the perfect atmosphere.
They continued her way and as she stopped for a short moment to look at a white fox in some distance, Saphira heared Hei who was calling her over. She walked over to him and was able to see the chest he had found - Good job honey - Saphira said to him with a bright smile and after she had kissed him on the cheek she added - You should open it, you did found it. -

Edited by Saphira

After Hei had called for Saphira, she quickly walked over to him, and once she was able to see the chest he had found, she told him Good Job , smiling brightly and once she had really reached him, she kissed his cheek. With her touching him, Hei blushed, but he was able to stay focused on what she was saying. "Okay, if you think so, there is no need to tell me twice. I always love hunting for treasure" he said, looking at the chests lock and deciding, that it would be the same as ever. Hei was extremely bad in opening locks, but there always was the barbaric version of doing it, in which he was pretty good. The trident in his hand began glowing when he charged the weakest swordskill he knew, and once it was charged, he attacked the padlock, breaking it and freeing the chest.

The moment he opened it, a pop up appeared in front of it, telling him what was in there.

<<This Treasure Chest contains>>
600 col
8x Materials (Tier 1)
1x armour (Tier 1), heavy, perfect <<unidentified>>
2x consumables (Tier 1), rare, <<unidentified>>

"Wow, we must have gotten really lucky with all this loot" Hei said, turning to his now girlfriend and hugged her really tight, pulling her close ho himself and he felt his face get even hotter than it had been before. Then he whispered "I think you should take this armour to Stryder, he should be able to find out, what it can do" and after accepting the loot, he opened a trading window with Saphira, sending her half of what he had found.

ID# 108245
LD: 20 -> 600 col | 8 T1 mats | perfect <<unidentified>> T1 armour/ shield | 2 rare <<unidentified>> T1 consumables

Hei: +300 col | +4 T1 mats | +1 rare <<unidentified>> T1 consumable
Saphira: +300 col | +4 T1 mats | +1 rare <<unidentified>> T1 consumable | perfect <<unidentified>> T1 heavy armour

Edited by Hei

With a smile Saphira looked at Hei as he told her, that he loves hunting for treasure and then he opened the chest in a cinda babaric way - Maybe he is just to curious or he is bad at opening locks, maybe both of it, who knows... - she thought for a short moment than was the chest open. First she was glad, that the chest did'nt start to try to eat him, then she looked curious as Hei at the pop up which had appeared in the moment Hei had opened the chest. Saphira was flabbergasted when she saw all thise things on the list from the pop up - It seems like this realy is a lucky day - after she had finished her sentence, Saphira found herself hugged from Hei, happy she hugged him back.
Saphiras smile became a little bit bigger as Hei gave her the heavy armour too - Thank you - she said warm and happy - But I think we should continue our way soon, I would like to walk back while there is still some sunlight - as she said the last part, she smiled a little bit, then she grabbed careful Hei's hand and start to continue there way. After some time of walking and watching Huatli jumping through the snow, Saphira was able to see something dark in the white invironment that looked like the entrance to a cave - Hei, over there, could this be the place we are searching? - she asked him and pointed at the black entrance.

After Hei had split up the items that had been within the treasure chest, so they both would have something, he had hugged Saphira, who had hugged him back. After that, they had continued their walk through the snow, Huatli always jumping from one snowdrift to the next. - She seems so happy with all the now. Maybe I should come here more often- he thought, when Saphira asked him if what she had seen was what they were looking for. Hei had to look for it for a moment, before he saw the dark entrance into the cave system. "Yeah, that would be the entrance. In there we have to be careful. There are more monsters than just the huge ice monster we want to slay, so always stay close to me" he said and then he whistled once and Huatli quickly came to them and stopped jumping around.

With them assembled like that, Hei grabbed his spear and made his way towards the entrance, and even though it looked dark from the outside the cave wasn't really dark, the blue ice got lighted by rays of sunlight that travelled through the ice from god knew where. It looked fantastic, and if there weren't the bones scattered around it would be a great place to look at.

Spoiler

29a523ea94c29322f70dcdc00ac99f34.png

Between the Bones that littered the floor, there was a huge skull, that sat on an ice pillar and Hei knew, once he would smash it, the sound it created would summon the beast they were waiting to slay. "You have to be careful, the beast is really strong, and I don't want you to get hurt, so you best stay back and wait for me getting it's attention, once I summed it by hitting this skull" he said, but he did not really gave her a chance to reply, as he smashed the skull with the shield on his arm, and heavy steps could be heard from the deeper caves.

The huge hairy monster with it's sharp claws and fangs walked into the cave, not like something that was about to kill someone, but like something that was just going to have a look who had arrived. Once the beasts glowing blue eyes had seen Hei and his companions, it growled and it seemed the cave started to shake. Hei who had seen it before whistled two times, and Huatli started to circle the monster, ducked to the floor so it wouldn't see her all well, while Hei shouted "Hey you, Snowy, I'm gonna kill you" and banged the spear at his shield. The blue eyes glowed brighter when the monster face Hei, who had already started running at it, his spear glowing from the power of the swordskill within. When Hei was close enough for the beast to attack, it tried to hit him, but the small raptor that had sneaked up to it jumped it's knee and the big monster fell to the ground, allowing Hei to release his swordskill, hitting it multiple times and dropping it's HP to not much more than half.

Spoiler

28b08f4a12a830d6642f6a2fd48d7bac.jpg

ID# 108622
BD: 5+3 = 8 -> hit -> 9*12 = 108 dmg -> 142/250 HP
MD: 1 -> crit fail
Snow Beast: 142/250 HP | 160 dmg | partial phase (min 24 dmg even though mitigation)
[1] Hei: 600/600 HP | 47/60 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG | 27 MIT
[0] Saphira: 240/240 HP | 24/24 Energy | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | DMG 5

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

Saphira followed Hei through the snow after she had pointed at the dark thing which really seemed to be the entrance to the caves. As they came closer she walked more careful, watched her steps and looked into the cave, there were bones, nearly every were at the floor of the cave and a big skull, Hei told her to stay back until the monsters attention was at him and that she should be careful, he didn't let her some time to answer him, after he had told her this he smashed his shield against the skull so he wasn't able to hear what Saphira wanted to say him since the sound of a shield smashing against a big skull and the steps of a big ice monster weren't really quiet. Just a few seconds after the monster had arrived the entrance of the cave and looked short around, Hei start to scream at him, then he attacked it. As Hei had made his successful attack Saphira made herself ready to attack the hairy snow monster too. Saphira took in a sword art pose, she wanted to try one of the stronger attacks, Shadow Stitch. With a glowing dagger she came closer to the side of the ice monster, lifted up the dagger and slashed it through his body, she wasn't able to deal as much damage as Hei did, still she made the HP bar of the monster drop down.

Spoiler

Roll

attacking snow beast with shadow stitch

ID# 109419
BD: 5 + 3 = 8 ---> success --> 5 x 6 = 30 DMG to snow beast

Snow Beast: 112/250 HP | 160 dmg | partial phase (min 24 dmg even though mitigation)
[1] Hei: 600/600 HP | 47/60 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG | 27 MIT
[1] Saphira: 240/240 HP | 18/24 Energy | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | ACC 3 | DMG 5

Edited by Saphira

Hei hadn't seen Saphira fight that often, and in the fights before, she most of the time had missed, which was why he had gave the dragon's eye to her. Hei knew how hard the life in SAO was without the right items. Now that her accuracy was enhanced, she did what every good fighter would do. She charged in after him, hitting the monster with her dagger and making it's HP drop to yellow. Hei had done this fight before, but he wasn't quick enough to use this to his advantage, as the monster changed it's attack pattern. It jumped back to his feet and with a swipe of it's big hands the snow around it tranformed into a kind of heavy spiked tail.

Hei tried to jump back, bu the shield was to heavy, so he was still in reach of the tail, when it flung at him. He raised the shield and was able to block a little of the blow, but the snowy tail collapsed around the shield, grabbing his arm. If this would have been reallife, his arm would be broken and maybe even shattered from the pure power of the attack. His HP dropped down by nearly a quarter. A look towards Saphira showed him, that she was save, and to make it stay this way, Hei pushed the tail aside, turned with it sill being wrapped around his arm and brought the spear down onto the body. The monster hadn't expected this, so there was no defence and since Saphira had weakened it, Hei was able to kill it with multiple heavy slashes of the spear.

With the beast dead he quickly walked towards his now girlfriend, uneqipping his shield on the way and hugged her. "I love you... AndI am so happy this hasn't happened to you." after this he took some time, just embracing the hug, before he added "Maybe you should get the essence of this monster before it despawns. And what'd you say about us leaving right after that?"

ID# 109537
BD: 9 -> crit -> 9+1 = 10 * 12 = 120 -> dead
MD: 9 -> crit -> 160+1 = 161-27 = 134 -> 466/600 HP

Snow Beast: 0/250 HP | 160 dmg | partial phase (min 24 dmg even though mitigation)
[1] Hei: 466/600 HP | 35/60 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG | 27 MIT
[1] Saphira: 240/240 HP | 18/24 Energy | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | ACC 3 | DMG 5

Edited by Hei

After her attack she made a step back, out of the range of the scary ice monster and looked over to Hei, hoping that e would kill it now and that he won't get hurt but it seemed like the devil wanted to play a role today too. The monster made a move with his hands and the snow around it turned into ice spikes. Saphira wanted to run at the monster and hurt it really bad, hurt it because it was about to hurt Hei. Before she was able to start to run he looked at her, then he killed the monster with a surprise attack, ramming the spar into its body. 
As Hei landed on the ground again he quickly walked over to Saphira and hugged her intense - I love you too - Saphira enjoyed the hug, she was glad, that the monster wasn't able to hurt Hei more worse as it actually did still it really had scared her to see how his HP drop down. As he mentioned the essence she nodded, walked over to it and came as fast as possible back to Hei to hug him - I am so glad, that it wasn't able to hurt you more. - She felt his warmth and his heartbeat and it made her calm down again - Yeah, we have now what we came for, I think we can go back now. - with this the two and Huatli made their way back, back "home".

Rewards:

Hei: 2 Sp | +700 col | +4 T1 mats | +1 rare <<unidentified>> T1 consumable

Saphira: 3 SP |  +700 col | +4 T1 mats | +1 rare <<unidentified>> T1 consumable | perfect <<unidentified>> T1 heavy armour | Essence of Steel

Edited by Saphira