[F4-pp]Frozen Stakes - Finding the essence of steel COMPLETED

Spoiler

<<The Essence of Steel>>

This quest takes place on Floor 4
This quest is repeatable

Word from Information Brokers speaks of a mysterious Beast Skull found in the far north of the Frozen wasteland of Floor 4. A small party reported having struck the skull with a nearby bone, waking a huge beast in a nearby cave. This monster, identified as <Snow Beast>, was easily equal in health and strength to a Floor Boss, and is said to yield an incredibly rare drop upon death that will allow a player to enhance a single item, improving it's quality by one level.

Requirements:
-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The Snow Beast must be defeated

Snow Beast Information:
<Snow Beast> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 250
Damage per Attack: 160

Special Ability: Partial Phase- Snow Beast will always deal a minimum of 24 damage, even through Armor and Armor Abilities.

Rewards:

1. Essence of Steel: an incredibly rare monster drop that allows a player to enhance a weapon, armor, or accessory and improve it's quality by one level. (Example, an Uncommon Weapon becomes a Rare Weapon.) Enhanced Gear is eligible for new Item Enhancements and must be approved through the Crafting Item Evaluation Topic.
    Note: This item CANNOT change a weapon's Tier. (Example, a Tier 1 weapon becomes a Tier 2).
  2. 1 Skill Point
Parties or Groups are encouraged, though only the player who takes this quest, and uses the Skull to awaken The Snow Beast will receive the <<Essence of Steel>> drop. That means ONLY ONE ESSENCE WILL DROP PER TOPIC.

Hei had been questing with Saphira since he had met her, and so he knew about her equipment and her level. To be honest, it wasn't just that, he had made nearly all of what she used, and what he didn't make, he got for her. Now that she was level 12 or so, Hei thought she needed some kind of better equipment, the dagger he had found in the endless frost of the fourth floor was okay, but not good enough to compete with monsters her level. - I surely could buy her a new weapon, but I don't think she'd like getting all that just as a present, she probably wants to work for it, how about we go and take on the monstrous snow beast, that drops the essence of steel, so she can simply upgrade the weapon she is used to? - he wondered, and after deliberating about it, he thought it was a good idea, and that he could invite her over for it.

Hey @Saphira,
Do you still remember when we fought the wasps and I told you you can have my accuracy once I get my familiar.
Thanks to you I got a familiar, and so I want to hand you a present. Please come and meet me in the hangar. And bring warm cloth, we will head out to the fourth floor afterwards.

Yours sincerely,
Hei

Spoiler

Hei: 600/600 HP | 60/60 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG | 27 MIT

Item Stats:
- Gae Bulg, Spear of Mortal Pain +3 DMG
-
Harbingers Sigil +27 MIT
-
Scales of Speed +3 EVA
- Huatli (Accuracy Familiar Rank 3)
-
The Champions Robe +3 LD (vanity/ battleready items)

Battle Ready Items:
The Champions Robe (takes one, even when worn as vanity )
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
3 charges: Nature's Blessing (healing 15xTier)
<<The Martriarch's Stinger>> (+1 DMG for one Battle)

Edited by Hei
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was close to noon and Saphira was sitting in a little tavern on the first floor, in front of her a cup of hot chocolate and a sandwiche. Between a few bites and a sip of her hot chocolate she looked at her dagger, still she wanted to get stronger, but for this she needed a better weapon or she had to give her actual dagger an upgrate. Saphira finished her sandwich and took another sip of the chocolate, while she was thinking about a quest, which would help her to improve her dagger as she heared the bell sound of a message. Curious she opened her menue, to have a look on the message, it was from Hei. After Saphira had read the message, she emtyed her cup as fast as she could, without getting her tongue burned, paid the food and left the gloomy tavern. She walked through the town to her shop, to get some warm clothes. She grabbed a thick, warm cloake and a scarf before she left her shop again and made her way over to Hei´s shop " The Hanger ".
Soon she arrived at the shop and entered the building. - Hey there - she said as she did found Hei and came closer, trying to not trip on Huatli. The little raptor surrounded her curious - Hey  little one, be careful - Saphira said with a smile to the raptor before she looked again up to Hei - What do you want to do on the fourth floor? And also I brought something to eat, I wasn´t sure if you already had something and I thought, maybe someone could get hungry by what ever we will do. - and she showed a bag filled with cookies

Spoiler

Saphira: 240/240 HP | 24/24 Energy | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | DMG 5

Items Stats:
- Frozen Death (+ 1 DMG | Bleed 1)
- Embrace of Darkness (MIT 2 (18) | EVA 1)
- Fearless Wings (MIT 1 (9) | Regen)

Battle Ready Items:
- Mister CrawCraw (LD +1)
- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)

- <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.

When Saphira entered the Hanger, Huatli who had known her from the day Hei had found her, squeaked in excitement and ran over to sniff at the girl and look at her with her big eyes. So it was nearly impossible for Saphira to walk up to him, so Hei closed in, once he had greeted her. "Hey Saphira, nice to see you gain" when he saw that Huatli wasn't gonna stop circling her, Hei kneeled down and petted her, so the little raptor stopped walking around and made sounds that were strangely close to the purring noise of cats. With the little raptor calmed down, he turned his attention back to Saphira, who asked him what he wanted to do on the fourth floor. "Well, I thought you got to a higher level, and so you should have equipment fitting that. I know you like the frozen dagger I gave you, so I was thinking we could do a quest called the essence of steel. It's a huge and dangerous monster, but it drops an item, that allows for enhancing an item that already exists. And besides that, I wanted to really thank you for your help with finding Huatli, so I got a present for you."  And with that said, Hei took something from his inventory and handed it to Saphira. In his hand was a black necklace with a red dragon eye pendant.

- Dragon's Eye

Spoiler

Name: Dragon's Eye
Profession: Artisan
ID:  84284
Roll: 12
Item Type: lucky charm
Tier: T1
Quality: perfect
Enhancements: Accuracy (3)
Description: A black necklace with links, that are about 3cm big. The pendant looks like a dragons eye, made from a red gemstone.

Saphira listened to Hei as he explained, what he wanted to do at the fourth floor. It sounded kinda dangerous, but she was sure, that she would be able to do it with Hei´s help. Also it was a suprise for her, that Hei handed her the necklace over, she wasnt really prepared to get something like this. With big eyes she looked at the red gemstone, which looked like a dragon eye, the gem gave her the feeling to be observed. - Thank you - she said with a big, bright smile and hugged him intense. After some time she let go of him again and said  - Yeah, I really like the dagger you gave me, it is a good weapon and I think it would be good to give it an upgrate, I mean, I want it to stay as helpful as it is now, but for that it needs to become better. And with you by my side, we would be able to slay that monster and manage the quest - she was still smiling and added after some time with quiet voice - I think you would have a chance, even if you are alone, so this means much to me, if you come with me and help me to get stronger. This time, I think, I will be able to fight better than the last time. -

Spoiler

Saphira: 240/240 HP | 24/24 Energy | MIT 18 | EVA 1 | DMG 5

Items Stats:
- Frozen Death (+ 1 DMG | Bleed 1)
- Embrace of Darkness (MIT 2 (18) | EVA 1)
- Fearless Wings (MIT 1 (9) | Regen) Dragon´s Eye (ACC 3)

Battle Ready Items:
- Mister CrawCraw (LD +1)
- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)

- <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.
- Fearless Wings (MIT 1 (9) | Regen)

When Hei had handed the Dragon's Eye to Saphira, he was a little surprised by her reaction. He had learned that she was the shy kind of girl, so when she tightly hugged him, he didn't know how to react himself. "Y-you're welcome" he said, slightly stuttering, while his face turned red as an apple. - I hope she doesn't see it, I don't know what to tell her- he thought, while he tried to think about something else. Hei slightly shook his head, before he could look at Saphira again. Her green eyes seemed to glow, while she looked at the red gemstone, and he couldn't come around thinking that she was quite nice looking, and that he maybe should ask her, what she thought about him, when she turned to him and told him, that she liked the idea of upgrading the dagger he had gotten for her. "Yeah, it for sure is good. It's always better to keep an item one got used too, then getting a complete new one. And you are right, i could do it on my own, but I really want you to come along. You should earn it yourself, and I will make sure you don't get hurt, or at least don't die."

It was one of the very rare moments, that Saphira really felt happy, the kind of happy she wasn´t able to feel often. It seemed, that Hei was also kinda suprised and - Did he blush? - Saphira thought as she looked at his face and saw the red cheeks. For a short moment she had to look down, before she could look at him again - It sounds good. Since I reached a new level I want to try some new skills with my dagger, and with that necklace, I think, I will be able to hit the mob, or at least better than these dumb wasps. - grumbling she looked down, then she opened her inventory and took the cloak and the scarf out of it - I think we should start our way to the fouth floor, if I remember it right it gets dark there soon and I dont want to fight against a strong mob in the darkness. - she smiled and put the warm clothes on before she turned and made her way out of the shop.

Edited by Saphira

Hei quickly changed into a stuffed and warm cloak and warm trousers, before he left the hanger with Saphira and his familiar. This would be the first time that Huatli entered the fourth floor, and Hei was eager to see, how the small raptor would react to the cold and glittering landscape. "Your right, we should hurry to reach the cave before it gets dark" he said, and lead her and the small dinosaur towards the teleporter. While the were on their way, Hei opened his menu and had a look at his notes regards the monster they had to kill. - Okay, it's a beast made of snow, that attacks with both it's claws and his spiky tail, that can deal huge amounts of damage. So I definitely should try to prevent it from hitting Saphira - was what he got from his notes. Once the reached the Teleporter, they quickly ported to the fourth floor, that indeed was already close to sunset. The snow already shone in an orange light, and Hei wasn't to sure, if they should head out this day, or maybe stay in a tavern to wait for the next day, so he turned to Saphira and asked "Wanna risk getting caught by the dark, or should we better stay the night before continuing with the quest?"

In one of the other moment, it was cold around Saphira, they had entered the fourth floor. She looked at her surrounding, the sky already had the colors of the coming sunset and it wouldt take long, till it´s dark. As Saphira heared a excited sound from the ground she looked down and saw Huatli, jumping through the snow, trying to catch a snowflake with her mouth. - It would be better, if we stay the night in a tevern or something. It doesn´t sound like a good idea to go out of the town now. - Saphira answered to Hei´s question and searched for a close tavern where they could stay the night. - What do you think about this one? - she asked Hei and pointed at a little tavern. While she was talking it start to snow and Huatli became more excitet than before. - Should we head to the taver or do you know a better place? - she asked and looked at Hei.

The exited scream coming from Huatli surprised him, and when he looked down, he saw the small dino to catch a snowflake with it's mouth, while she was jumping through the snow. Shortly after Saphira told him, that she agreed with looking for a tavern to stay the night, and after searching for one, she asked him if the small tavern she had found was okay. Hei had to look for Huatli before he could answer her, as the small raptor had run off, when the snow had started falling more heavy. "Huatli, come here. There will be more than enough snow tomorrow" he called the small one, trying to get her to come to him. After biting at some more snowflakes, she jumped through the snow towards him and followed them to the small tavern. Once Hei had entered, he felt the warmth of a burning fire in the fireplace and instantly felt at home. Looking at the interior all looked as if they were in someones living room and not a tavern at all. - This looks super nice, and just as if it was made for this - he thought, before he looked for the owner of the tavern. Soon an old lady appeared and asked them, what they were here for, and Hei asked if there was room for them to sleep. Looking at him, Huatli and Saphira the old lady said "Well, well. I believe I got just the room for you three. Good that you aren't any later, who knows if there would still be a room left." Hei slightly flinched when he understood, that there was just one room left for them, and so he turned to Saphira, to see how she would react and ask her "I know it's not the best of situations, but are you okay with us sharing a room for tonight?"

Saphira already had start to shiver and was really glad as Hei start to walk towards to the tavern she had pointed on before. Followed from Huatli the two reached the tavern and entered it. Saphira had to wait as Huatli jumped in front of her and kind blocked the entrance. After the little dino had walked out of the entrance to a little fireplace she followed Hei inside and looked around. It was warm inside the tavern, the air was filled with the smell of the fire and food and the room just looked like some kind of living room, this all let someone feel like at home. Even for Saphira it felt really relaxing and she start to feel kinda tired and sleepy. Saphira followed Hei, who had start to talk to an older lady, after she had a last look on Huatli. As she listened to what the lady told them she felt a little bit nervous and she wasn´t really sure, what Hei was thinking about this situation as he turned around and asked her about her opinion of sharing a room. - Y-yeah, it´s okay. - she said a little bit stuttering and looked at him, hoping, that it was also okay for him.

The warm air and the cosy atmosphere made Hei feel comfy, so when he heard that it was okay for Saphira, he was happy that they would stay at this place. He had heard, that she had stuttered a little, and so he started trying to find out the meaning of it. - Maybe she doesn't really like it at all and it would be better to leave the tavern and look for another one, but she probably would have said so. So what else could it be? - he let this thought hang in his brain for some time, while he turned towards the armchairs that were placed in front of the fireplace and made his way up to them. "Hey Saphira, come here and limber up, it's the best to do against the cold outside" but he didn't really was there, as he was still thinking about the meaning of her stuttering. - Could it be, that she really likes me, and it is embarrassing for her to stay in the same room, as she doesn't know if I like her too? - was the next that wet through his mind. Maybe he would find out later, but if this would be the case, he could stop thinking about it now. As he returned from his thoughts, he noticed, that he felt a little hot in the face, maybe he had blushed, but it could just be the fire in front of him, so he did not do anything and just used the time to sit, pet Huatli who had crawled up in front of him and slightly smile at Saphira

After Saphira had answered Hei´s question, it seemed to her, like he was thinking about something - Did I made him think with my answere? - a little bit curious she lookeed at him before he start to walk towards to the armchairs close to the fire place. After he had sit down he told her to come and limb up, as she was about to walk over to Hei, Huatli, the armchairs and the fireplace, she saw a sign with some recommended dishes. Saphira turned to the lady - I would like to order something, miss. - she said to the lady and with a smile she replied - What can I bring you? - - I-i would like to have two of the mushroom soups - the women nodded, then she left the room. - I-i hope you don´t mind, that I ordered also a soup for you - she said to Hei as she reached the armchairs and took also a seat. The warmth of the fire felt good and soon the old lady appeared again with two bowls filled with soup in her hands. She placed the bowls on a table between the two chairs and walked with a smile on her face away. Careful she tried a sip of the soup, it did taste great. 

Once Saphira had sat down in an armchair next to him, she had turned to the old lady, that ran the tavern and asked her about some food, ordering soup for both herself and Hei. Hei wasn't a big fan of mushrooms in real live, but who knew if they would taste the same in this game, so when Saphira asked him, if he was okay with her ordering, he nodded and turned to the lady "I'd like to add some drinks to our order, if you'd be so nice to bring them too." he said, before the lady had left the room. Then he turned back to Saphira, looked at her with her shiny green eyes and said "Thanks for ordering, even though I probably would have ordered something else. What'd you say about us going to bed early today, so we can leave with sunrise. It's a superb view out there with all the snow reflecting the rising sun." While he waited for an answer, Hei petted Huatli who was snuggling up against his legs in front of the warming fire.

- Thats a good idea. Also, if we start our way that early we will still have light on our way back, so we don´t have to walk in the dark. - Saphira answered and start to feel kinda nervous. While eating she tried to find something to talk about, to feel a little bit less nervous, but the only thing they could talk about, she had in her mind, was the upcoming fight against the monster, and the fear, that she would be to weak to fight it. This would´nt be a good theme for talking so she tried to find something else, they could talk about. While she was thinking, the lady came and brought the drinks - Thank you - said Saphira, still in thoughts. She looked at Huatli, who seemed really happy and sleepy. After some time of just sitting there, Saphira had emtyed her bowl, the warm soup was good and helped her by warming up again. - What do you think by going to sleep after the drink? - she asked Hei and tried her drink the lady had brought them after Hei had ordered them.

Once the old Lady had brought them the mushroom soup, Hei hesitated eating, as he saw the shrooms swimming in the soup and memories of the strange taste of his families secret mushroom soup came to his mind. After Saphira had tried hers, and nearly emptied it halfway, Hei was able to fight down the memories and tried the soup. It was indeed tasty and did not taste like the mushroom soup he knew. - Puh, seems I am lucky. It tastes good and I bet I don't have to spit it out either - he thought and took another spoon of soup. "Mhhh, it's really tasty. Thanks for ordering one bowl for me, too. And yes, you are right, we should be able to get back before the sun sets, at least if we don't have any problems with the weather. Till now, I always had Eatos and Angel at my side, to find our way through bad weather, but it seems kind of nice at the moment." he told Saphira, before leaning back in the armchair and eating his soup.
Once the innkeeper returned with their drinks, Hei hastily drank some, before turning back to Saphira, who asked about going to bed after finishing the drinks.
"I think it's a good idea, going to bed early, but how about we go outside once it's dark and have a look at the aurora borealis, we might be able to see? It's a beautiful view and I want to tell you something" And with this vague hint, he watched how she would react.

Saphira took another sip of the drink and listened to Hei as he start to talk again - Sure we can go out and watch them, I never was able to see them before, or I never found the time to go to this floor to watch them. - she answered Hei and had again this nervouse feeling - What is it, what he want to tell me? - with a wondering look in her eyes she careful watched Hei - What could it be? - Kinda unsetled and still a little bit nervous Saphira start to twist a flick of hair around her finger while she watched the reflection of the fire in his eyes. After some time, her sight wandered over his face and Saphira had to look away - This really is'nt helpful - she thought and emtied her drink. - Uhhm...I am sure the light wont take long to disappeare at this floor, so I think we can stay here before we go out to watch the aurora. - she said and added - I-is this okay for you? - soon after the first part.

Taking a sip of her drink, and then telling him, that she would come with him, having a look at the northern lights, Saphira still looked kind of nervous. Hei was lucky that she would come with him, and that she didn't tell him to leave her alone or so, so he would use this chance to tell her how he felt. In the beginning it had been like she was a sister or good friend, but the more time he spent with her, the more he realized, that his feelings might be more than just friendship. - Once we are outside, and the lights show up, I will have my chance, and I will tell her, that I really like her, and I really hope she does too. I don't know if I could still sleep in the same room as her, if she doesn't - he thought, while he took multiple sips of his drink. While he was sitting there, he noticed Saphira's gaze upon him, but when he turned to her, she was not looking at him any more. Still watching her, he saw how she nervously emptied her drink, and then turned back to him and told him, that they could stay down here until the lights would be gone, and added the question if he was alright with that. "Don't worry, it's all right. You don't have to reassure you for everything. Let's just stay here and enjoy the warmth of the fire and the good smell of the lady's food." he said and smiled at her.

Saphira turned her head again, looked at Hei and nodded, as he start to smile, she had to smile too. It was a strange feeling, that filled her whole mind and she did'nt know, what exactly it was, the only thing she knew was, that she did'nt want the feeling to stop or to fade away. She felt wightless and secured, she still did'nt really know why, but it was a good feeling, something she had'nt often in her live. Saphira had nearly complete forgot her nervousness and could'nt whait to go outside to watch the colorefull lights and hear, what Hei wanted to tell her. Saphira felt, like the only thing that could scare her now, could be her rejected feelings. She thought about starting a new conversation and since she did'nt know about what they should talk she endet up listening to the fire, enjoying the warmth, the smell of food and the presence of Hei.
After some time Saphira start to feel really sleepy - It should be dark outside. - she said to Hei - What do you think about going outside before we are both to tired to watch the night sky and the auroras? - she asked, stood up and stretched her arms, whaiting for a reaction.

Saphira was smiling at him too, and so feeling warm and cosy, both from the inside and the outside, but still a little nervous about what he would tell Saphira later, Hei was sitting in his chair and let the time pass. Every once in a while Huatli snuggled back up, when she had moved away sleeping. The crackle of the fire made him feel really sleepy, and after some time he felt his eyes becoming heavy and his vision blurry. This was when Saphira said that it should be dark outside now, and that they better started going outside before they would both sleep. Hei did not really understand the first part, as he was to sleepy, but he shook his head and got back up to his feet once he understood the rest. "Houugh, you are right, I'm really sleepy already. Let's go outside and have a look for the auroras." he said, stretching hi arms and hoping that the cold weather would help him to get out of the sleepiness.
Huatli was still sleeping in front of the fireplace, and he wouldn't wake her up, so Hei carefully walked out of the room, waiting for Saphira to follow him outside.

As Saphira had finished stretching Hei stood up, too. He already seemed very sleepy and Saphira was sure he had sleeped for a few minutes. He also stretched his arms, then careful not to wake Huatli Hei walked over to the door where he waited for her. Also trying to not wake the little raptor up she followed Hei and left the tavern. Saphira had to sudder as she left the tavern and felt the cold, soft breeze. She walked some meters away from the building to have a better look at the sky. Before she took a look at the night sky, Saphira wraped herself more in her warm cloak and turned to Hei - Should we stay here or do you want to walk a little bit? - she asked. The sky looked beautiful and ther was also no cloud, Saphira was'nt sure, if this sky was something like a copy of the reale one, if yes, she was able to see the Milky Way. While she looked at the sky, Saphira saw something green and soon after that a waved, light green line appeared at the sky, slowly movin around like a snake, at this point a violet tone appeared in the green. - It is beautiful. - mumbled Saphira and looked over to Hei.