[OP - F1][MM] The First Meeting

"So, which team are you going to choose?"

Shi turned his head towards the direction of the voice. He eyed Cain before speaking. "I don't know. I'm thinking Lessa, we met a while back." The noirette turned back to the crowd. Joining Lessa's team would be a comfort pick for him, nothing more than that. He knew that it was not necessarily the best choice, but it was the easiest for sure.

"No you're not, bud," his blonde friend began, "Aereth's team is suited perfectly for you and you know it. Did you even listen to the speech?"

For a moment, Shi stayed quiet. Cain was correct, there was no reason for him to not join the orange player's party. It would bring him one step closer to achieving his goals. "What about you? Are you joining Aereth then?"

"Nope. I won't be participating in this one. It looks like there are already more than enough capable players, I'd just slow them down." He let out chuckle, before dropping his arms down and sliding them into the pockets of his black overcoat. "Well, I'd better get going. Don't die out there, we've still got lots of training to put you through."

Shi was only a tiny bit annoyed that Cain had brought him all of the way to the Black Iron Palace only to abandon him moments later. "Aereth it is then..." the charcoal-haired player mumbled, although he was still looking in Lessa's direction. Although every part of his body wanted to move towards the woman's group, he could only think of what Cain had told him. It made him think about his future and dreams. Where will this road take me? He thought, slowly stepping away from Lessa's team and towards Aereth's.

"Hey," Shi started, "I'm Shi. Room for one more?"

- joining @Aereth -

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little tension relieved itself from Oxand's neck as he'd realized no one had heard him.  When crowds gather to crucify you, that's usually the point where all join in for a jolly glare, but thankfully, this particular crowd appeared to be assembled for something else.  Brushing the light of the window out of his face, he pondered how good it might feel to slump back down and meet consciousness for another round tomorrow.  His curiosity, though , began its eternal chewing at the back of his mind. 

His first impressions weren't all off, this group *did* seem to be looking for someone.  Why was this so familiar?  Weren't the interviewees on about a killer yesterday?  Of course, that's what drove him here to finally clear his doubts.  Whomever this group was hunting hadn't ended Mia directly, but the rumor wasn't all vapor; he had noticed a name with more than a few repeats around the one he'd come to find.  Not directly, he thought, but there are other ways...

As the group began to divide itself into separate parties, details bubbled to the surface of Oxand's attention.  One cadre looked to be reporting in with a stoic, claymore-wielding blonde, the other exchanging greetings with a man who reminded him a bit of a gymnast, sporting one of the few orange cursors in the room.  Varied as the scene was, the latter party was particularly curious.  It sported two of the three flagged players, including its leader, alongside one in Blood Oath colors and a few other individuals; there was even a girl dressed as a frog.  His intuition tugged him forward to join them as a dog pulls its master, the scent of esoteric patterns now wafting in its nose like delicious meat.  As casually as he could, he let it.  Curiosity could sink you in this universe, he reminded himself, but at least frogs are lucky.

Oxand, while never particularly adept at hiding or sneaking around, had an uncanny lack of assuming about him.  It wasn't something he fully understood, but he'd learned to utilize this almost reflexively, sometimes even musing over how long he could go without attracting attention or suspicion, just blending in and acting as if he were supposed to be where he was.

@Aereth@Shi@Macradon@Sunova@Sharr@Hikoru@Jevi@Hidden@Outlander@Pinball@Kasier@Froppy@Dazia

Edited by Oxand

Aereth did already turn his back to @Teion when she declared that she would stay in his search party. It pretty much confirmed his first thoughts when he initially spotted her in the crowd. “Come on Thea… You’re not here for the search….” he thought before stopping for a brief moment. “Fine, have it your way then.” he simply answered without facing her again.

Now the brunette finally managed to give his full attention to @Jevi.  “That’s very good. And don’t worry about your level. I’m not going to send anyone on a suicide mission. Once we are done with dividing the groups I’ll assign tasks to everyone, so just head over to the others and try getting to know them a little better.”

Immediately after finishing the sentence, a new face appeared in front of the brunette hunter, asking him if he would be allowed to join his search party. He nodded one more time to Jevi and turned to @Pinball. “I would mind if you wouldn’t.” he said dryly, still feeling that slightly uneasy sensation from the conversation with Teion earlier, but he would never allow something personal to interfere with the task in hand. “Just tell me your build so I can take it into consideration when I’ll be making teams.”

After hearing two player talking about how this event would just serve as an opportunity for them to kill somebody legally, Aereth slowly turned his gaze towards @Hikoru and subtly locked eyes with him. He would need to make sure to have eyes and ears around them.

For the first time since this whole thing started, Aereth was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face. “Heeey there @Kasier . It’s been too long. Hope you and Itzi are doing well.” he answered, small smile, creeping out from under his mask of stoicism. This was the girlfriend of the man that showed him everything inside of this game, so it was only natural to give her some some special treatment. “Speaking of which; will he also join us?”

Shortly after the small talk with Kasier was over, the next newcomer already introduced herself to the orange player. “Pleased to meet you.” he answered finally noticing that the girl had an orange cursor. “May I ask what kind of build you have and if you have any PvP experience?” @Hidden

Talking to so many players at once wasn’t quite his favorite task, but what had to be done had to be done. Quietly thanking the other new player for not talking too much, the brunette simply sent a nod in @Macradon's direction. He already knew who he was from the last floor boss meeting. One of the strongest frontliners and a higher ups in the KoB.

“Sure. Just head over to the others, we will be just be waiting for a couple more minutes before we head out. Build?” he asked the noirette. @Shi

OOC Note:

This thread will be closed on the 2nd of July. Players that didn't join up until then: Don't worry. You can still join in later stages of that plot.

Yellow eyes nodded at the group leader, who suggested she meet with the rest of the party to get to know them better. Great, icebreakers, my favorite.. As Aereth turned away, she took one last look at the crystal that remained stagnant in the air above his head, and the eerie orange color is held. Could a player killer like him really be trusted? Gnawing on her bottom lip for a moment, the lids over her eyes closed. Stop being paranoid Alex.. it'll be fine. He would not have even been able to get to this part of the city if not so.. Turning away from the man, she walked to the designated location where everyone else waited. Her eyes scanned the group, looking for a familiar face she could cling to. Not a single one. "Sh*t.." she cursed to herself with a click of her tongue. The brunette's shoulders rose and fell with a heavy sigh, before taking a few steps to join the group. Keeping her mouth shut and to herself as the others all spoke among each other.

Teion was still gritting her teeth at Aereth's chilly reply. She was fighting herself, and likely would be for a while, telling herself that this was a chance to confront the man about wrongness of her actions at the same time as realizing this was no time nor place to do anything of the sort. 'I wonder if he would even hear me out...' She wondered as she stood in the wings, simply waiting for some kind of call to action once the arrangements of groups had been sorted out. 'But, did he even read what I wrote to him? With how he's acting... Does he really think I didn't care? Or does he think I just said all that as an excuse?' Her thoughts were running wild the longer she stood by herself in silence, and before long she could feel her nails beginning to dig into her palms.

Drawing a deep breath in through her nose, Teion took a moment to calm herself down. 'Just ignore it for now, Thea.' She told herself, letting cobalt eyes wander over the other players loitering on their side of the massive room. There was hardly another face that she recognized among the crowds. She thought she caught a glimpse of orange hair above a green collar that reminded her of Jomei, and after studying the face of the woman Aereth had turned his back to her for, she realized she had seen Jevi once before at the party Ryo had thrown for all of the Holy Dragon Alliance's members. Then again, that night had turned out to be much less of a party for her, and her memory of any light-hearted conversation that night was hazy at best. Working to accept her fate of getting herself in far over her head once again, Teion pursed her lips and slipped a thumb into the edge of the wide leather belt resting above her hip.

Thread Summary:

@Hestia: 2 Posts
@Baldur: 2 Posts
@Fae: 2 Posts
@Lessa: 1 Posts
@Outlander: 3 Posts -> 1SP
@Vigilon: 2 Posts
@Froppy: 2 Posts
@Krysta: 1 Posts
@Dazia: 2 Posts
@Sharr: 2  Posts
Aereth: 3 Posts -> 1SP