SP | F1 - The First Few Lessons Are Free

The ravenette stepped into the piercing rays of the sun, "Gah, so bright," she muttered under her breath, shielding her eyes from the bright rays. Taking off, she wove through the crowds of people, giving the occasional glare and scowl to those who would bump into her. This stupid quest better be worth it or I'm going to be hella pissed, the agitated player growled, making her way to a familiar shop. Opening the doors, she made her way to an old man resembling the cheery Santa Claus. "Zackiriah," she paused to get his attention. He looked up from whatever he was doing and gave her a wide grin.

"Oh hello there Asakku!" he gave a hard chuckle and patted her back. "What brings you to my humble little shop, hm?

Shrugging his arm off, she gave a defiant glare before crossing her arms, "I'm here for the quest you said you had," her tone was harsh and venomous, "The one with the materials?"

The old shop keeper didn't even flinch at her glare but simply kept on smiling, "Ah, feisty one I see!" he laughed to himself, nodding his head. "Yes, young'ne, I do have that quest. No need to explain," he gave a eyes closed grin. "You sure you want it? It can be.. frustrating," he warned pointing a finger up in her face.

She rolled her eyes, Oh how much I want to punch you, she spat bitterly in her head, making a 'tch' with her tongue. "Frustrating my arse, just give it to me," the player gazed at him with narrow crimson eyes, slapping away his hand.

Edited by Asakku

“Haha.. aren’t you a special one!” His broad chest heaved with laughter as he topped her nose leaving him with a toxic scowl. “Yes, yes of course, here you go,” the silver haired man gave her a thumbs up and resumed it what he was doing, dismissing her.

Giving him one last glare, she made her way out of the shop. Special? Why would I want to be normal? Oh well, nothing a little APSD can’t fix, she mentally groaned at herself and rubbed her temples with her fingers. Weaving her way through the beginners town, she finally found herself at the edge of town and the beginning of the forest. “There’s not going back now,” she shrugged, trudging fowards into the dark abyss. Well isn’t this splendid, finding myself among virtual trees, check that off the bucket list.

Getting stuck in a virtual game, whoo.. never thought I’d say that. And my scholarship went down the drain, still better than living with.. father. 

Crouching near a small bush, she blew a puff of air, “Nothing here,” she muttered, standing up abruptly. Brushing off her legs, she scanned the area for any of the materials she needed. “You’d think even in a forest, you could find some kind of material,” she mumbled, giving a ‘tch’ of her tongue. Crossing her arms, the dark haired player paced forward, her ebony hair flowing behind her. At least here, I can do what what I want, not like I ever did in the real world. I guess they had more limits than this world.. oh how fun this would be, she couldn’t tell if her last comment had been sarcastic or genuine.

Shrugging it off, she continued down the bare forest trail, Oh what fun I’m having, this was a waste of money, and my time. I spent four years of hard work for what? Being stuck in a video game, this has to be some cliche plot on a romance movie. But I cant do anything about it, although this is all the peoples fault. Her lips curved into a frown, oh look, there’s technology that allows you to do things virtually without moving a muscle in the real world, better check everything is safe so thousands of people don’t get or hurt or killed! ... not.

ID : 101851

LD : 2

Edited by Asakku

But rolled her eyes, but no! It’s so darn cool, we don’t need procautions! She growled under her breath, rubbing her temples. Almost stomping through the forest, she swore she scared away most of the creatures there. It’s a good day, she scoffed, crossing her arms.

Though, from the corner of her eye, she spotted something bright and red. Finally, I found something, she rolled her eyes briskly and strolled over to the material. It was a basic apple, just a few one a small tree. Better than nothing I guess, the corner of her mouth tug up by just a hair as she picked the apple off the tree, it’s height not bothering her. Throwing the apple between her two hands, she gave it a blank stare. One down, four to go. Then I’d have to talk to Santa Claus again. She ran a hand through her black locks. Lovely.. just, lovely. I’m going to talk to artificial  Santa Claus, another check on the bucket list.

ID : 101853

LD : 15

Edited by Asakku

He could literally pass as a Santa you would see in a mall during Christmas. She rolled her eyes at her silly comment and strided deeper into the forest. He sounds like a Santa too.. but what would I know? She shrugged, her lips tugging down. Sighing, she realized she had been walking for quite some time now, only finding one material in the process. Well ain’t the most bull crap you’d ever see. Ugh. It’s probabaly been an hour, tops. One. One stupid material, stupid game logic. The girl mumbled to herself, kicking a close by rock, only for it to barely move and emit a bright purple light. ‘Immortal Object’. 

Cursing under her breath, Immortal Object, so life like! She retorted sarcastically in her head. The scrawny player continued down the forest path with an aggravated aura surrounding her. Immortal Object! Way to make this game realistic Kayaba! If you’re going to make us stuck in some stupid video game, at least have the decency to make it like the real world! 

ID : 101854

LD : 3

Edited by Asakku

Massaging her forehead, she gave deep breaths. Don’t let this game get to you. Jeez, I’ve never been this mad before. Sure maybe once or twice at dad but this game is ruining me.. she sighed deeply, ridding herself from the thoughts. Focus on the task at hand, she muttered under her breath about stupid materials, but trudged onward. This quest isn’t that hard, just finding a bunch of dumb materials.. right? Even she didn’t believe herself. Well, here I am. A student who had a medical scholarship, picking stupid materials in a virtual game. My life just went down the bull crap drain, huh? 

Putting her hands behind her head, she was in  thought for a few seconds. Years to get away from my so called prison and when I finally get out, into another one. Ain’t that just great?  I feel like a frickin’ refugee for Gods sake. 

ID : 101888

LD : 9

Edited by Asakku

A prisoner of my own mind, she scoffed and rolled her eyes at the thought. Finding herself trailing away farther from the task at hand, she gave a tired sigh. "Isn't it just lovely how I end up in situations like these?" she chuckled bitterly to herself. Clutching her forehead, she rubbed her eyes. "The world just isn't on my side today, huh?" she took in a sudden and sharp breath, "though it never was, right?" she wanted to ask anyone but herself. Here I am.. in a video game.. talking to myself. I'm losing my sanity by the second! Huffing in annoyance, she raked a hand through her hair, Thank god, if this was in the real world, I would have gray hairs everywhere. Agh, stupid stress. Shaking her head violently, she inhaled deeply. No sound, no smell, no sight. Exhaling after a few seconds, she sighed, let's just get this stupid quest over with.

ID : 101893

LD : 8

Edited by Asakku

An eternity seemed to pass by as she searched. And searched. And searched. A terrorizing aura emitted from her as she leaned back onto a sturdy tree with a scowl on her face. "This game is so full of [beep]!" her brows knit together in frustration as she clutched strands of her hair. "What kind of system is this? I can't even find anything!" her shouts and protests could be heard echoing throughout the forest. Pressing her head backwards onto the cold and hard bark, she sighed heavily, "This sucks.. a lot," the player murmured softly, her head tilting up at the canopy. 

Sighing, she pushed herself up and brushed her back, "Screw this crap, I'm the boss now, no B.S game is gonna tell me what I can do," she huffed arrogantly, marching through the leaf covered floors. No game is going to screw me over like this, even if its cutting edge technology. 

ID : 101907

lD : 7

Edited by Asakku

Finding herself in the deeper and dark part of the forest, she sighed. "So boring," groaning, she rubbed the crook of her neck as she wondered aimlessly through the trees. It wouldn't hurt for something to pop up, no? She asked herself, looking around blankly. After while of looking around, something finally caught her eye. Taking a few steps closer to the object she identified it to be some kind of cherry. Two down, three to go. She breathed a heavy sigh as she placed it in her inventory and strode onward. I've probably been out here for here hours, yet I've only found two materials. What a load of crap. She frowned, stretching her arms out In front of her. I hate these kinds of quests. Mumbling, she crossed her arms. I would rather my hands get dirty then doing this kind of crap, she huffed with agitation, "this to be one of the most boring quest by far," she sighed, closing her hand around her eyes, "Gosh darn it, why can't this all be a bad dream?"

ID : 101923

LD : 17

Edited by Asakku

Furrowing her brows, Asakku looked up at the sky which held a tint of orange and pink, it's getting dark.. Shaking off her train of thought, she pushed her way through the shrubbery and into a small clearing. Why the heck is there a random clearing here? After shrugging it off and muttering something about 'game logic', she found herself looking for more materials. After searching for five minutes, she finally stumbled on some material. Taking on the shape and color of wild onion, the material was easily plucked and placed in her inventory. Two more, shouldn't be hard. She thought breezily.

By name the sky was covered in pink clouds and an orange sky, I guess you would never find something like this in real life. A small crooked smirk played on her lips. Both Aincrad and the real world.. everything is just so stupid, both have horrible people I suppose. Running her hand up her hair, she sighed, but I do suppose I am one of those people. Can't meet those good standards, I'll just have to meet the bad ones.

ID : 101936

LD : 17

Edited by Asakku

Taking in a sharp breath of air, she let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes peacefully. Don't feel. Don't See. Don't hear. She repeated this things countlessly in her head until she swore she could hear it ringing in her ears. Breathing slowly, she pushed herself up and gave quick cough. There's only two more, just two. Not that much left hahahaha.. She clutched her head, her breathing more ragged. I'm losing my sanity in this game. This is just great isn't it?! A small laugh escaped from her. Kneeling down, she put a hand over her face. I'm losing it here. Her eyes were wide confusion. Why is this happening? Why me? If she could have a penny for every time she had asked those questions to herself, she could probably be rich.  Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Removing her shaking hand from her face, she sighed. I can't live like this.. she sighed. It was only until then did a small vine of grapes dropped in front of her. The heck?

ID : 101947

LD : 19

Edited by Asakku

The heck? She looked up, there was a small vine that was attached to a nearby tree. Picking up the vine of grapes, she examined it. Well that was good timing, her lips pressed together, better than nothing I suppose. Storing it in the inventory, she stood up and brushed off her knees, That's one more to go, lets just get this over with so I can finish this right away. She blew a strand of hair out of her face and continued to look around. Spotting a small tree a few meters away, she examined it closely. Bright orange colors hung from the branches, oranges, does this forest have every fruit? What the heck? Shrugging it off, she reached for the material. After nearly falling on her face, she successfully grabbed the fruit from the tree and placed it in her inventory. That's all of them, I guess I should be heading back before a mobs come in. Time to go then.

ID : 101848

LD : 12

Edited by Asakku

Dragging her body out of the forest had truly made Asakku exhausted. I hate this floor, she felt herself groan tiredly. After what felt like centuries, she finally reached town. Making her way to the potion makers shop, she would give a death stare who would bump into her at the state she was in. Arriving at the shop, she pushed in the door and made her way to Zackiriah who seemed to be doing the exact same thing he was doing before she left. "I'm back with the materials," she spat, leaning against the wall with a relieved sigh. 

He gave a laugh, "frustrating, no?" He gave another small one as she threw him a scowl, "Alright young'ne lets get started."

She nearly fell to the ground, "wait what? I have to do more work? I just got your stupid materials!" she hissed, pulling on her hair, "I thought you were going to make the potion, not me!" she groaned and started banging her head against the hard wall.

"No, no. Now where's the fun in that?"

She grimaced, walking over to him, "Fine, what do I do first?" she asked, "I'm not an expert alchemist, help me out here," she sighed, running her hand over the counter.

He gave a chuckle and nodded, "yes, yes. Of course I'll help you." Zackiriah grinned, "first you got take out your items, and second, you have to get that jar for me," he said, pointing to a jar in the corner of his workshop. 

Pulling out her materials, she stifled a groan as she abruptly made her way to the corner of the shop, picked up the jar and brought it back to the wad of fruits that sat on the counter. "Okay, check and check. Now what?" she said with an irritated voice. These rewards better be worth it if I have to go through this [beep] all in one day. She huffed, crossing her arms, "why can't you just do this yourself?" I don't have to waste my time here when he can do it.

Zackiriah only shook his head, "Because if I do it, you won't get any learning experience," he stated simply, "now I need you to put those materials in that funnel right there, and put that jar under that pipe first," he said, pointing to a small little pipe and funnel that were connected to each other. 

Placing the jar under the pipe, Asakku muttered a few curses, "It'll be a good learning experience, I don't want to be a bloody alchemist! What am I learning from this?" her aura screamed agitation as she forcefully held the fruits in her hand. "Will this actually work? Or will I have to do this all day like I had to do for the materials?" she narrowed her eyes at the old NPC, not wanting to go through the whole experience again.

Zackiriah shook his head, "dear heavens no. Don't worry, you have a high chance of doing to successfully," he reassured her. I better have a high chance.

Edited by Asakku

Throwing the materials in the funnel, she crossed her fingers. Dear lord, don't make me go through this hell again, she shut her eyes tight as she waited for the potion to take its toll. Opening one eye, she sighed in relief as she watched the potion fill into the jar like its supposed to. Oh thank god. Turning to Zackiriah, she frowned. "Am I done now?"

Zackiriah gave a thumbs up, "yup, just give me the potion and you should be on your way to wherever," he grinned.

Asakku's mouth fell agape, "Oh hell no!" she stomped right up to him, "I worked to [beep] hard for that potion and youre not even giving me anything? Do you want my fist in your frickin' face?!" she hissed out venom. There's no way in hell I'm leaving here with nothing. No way, no how. This old man better give me something with while before I turn him inside out!

ID : 101963

CD : 5

Edited by Asakku

Instead of cowering back in fear like Asakku expected him to, he simply gave a chuckle, "Ha.. I'm only messing with you Asakku," his eyes washed over the flushed faced girl. "Of course I'll give you something, that is only fair for you since you helped me is it not?" he shook his head and gave a wry laugh. Gathering a few nearby potions, he handed about seven to her. "Though they are not the potions you made, they are far better. Trust me."

"Okay... what do they do?" she asked, examining each of them closely.

He pointed to five of the same color, "these heal you." Turning to an individual one he said, "This gives you extra damage for when you attack," and finally turning to the last one, "this temporarily raises your health during a battle. Got it?

Nodding slowly, she looked up at him, "So I'm finally done? Nothing more left to do?" She pressed, placing the potions in her inventory. It makes me do some other crap, I'm going to be hella pissed. She could practically see herself, burying Zackiriah with steam coming out of her ears, "Zero? Nein?" Please let this be the end.

Zackiriah crossed his arms, "actually.." Thats it, I'm digging a hole. No more Zackiriah.

Opening her mouth in protest, he cut her off, "--relax, I just need you to deliver a package to my friend. He's a blacksmith just on the other side of town," he explained, holding up a small parcel. "You'll be done with the quest and you don't have to come back, seem fair enough to you?" his eyebrow rose up, as if he was defying her.

Giving a heavy sigh, she held out her hand, "fine, just give me the stupid package."

Zackiriah gave a hardy laugh and gave her a thumbs up, "thats the spirit!" she used her out of the shop, "come back for a visit you hear?" But by the end of his sentence, she was already long gone, nope, no visit. Never, nu-uh. He'll come to have my corpse to for me to visit again, she shook her head violently, pushing her thoughts away. Almost done, just need to deliver this package and everything will be fine. Fine!

Making her way down town, she held the package tightly, stupid package, I could've been enjoying myself after this stupid quest but you had to come along, she scoffed, glancing in another direction. I wonder if all NPC's are like Zackiriah, if they are then I might as well stab myself to death. No way am I going to be facing each of those every time I want to have a quest. Her faces twisted in disgust. Bleh, no thank you.

Edited by Asakku

Peering quietly at the parcel in front of her, she wondered. I wonder whats in this box? It's probably nothing, he must have given this box to hundreds of players. Probably just something made to feel heavy so it feels like theres something in here, her mouth tilted downwards. Thats smart, but it can't fool me. I'm not dumb like most of the people in Aincrad are. The short girl smirked at the thought. Where is this stupid blacksmith anyways? I should've asked him for directions.. Though it means I would've stayed there longer, Eugh. double no.

As the sun started to fall even more, the more agitated she got. Stupid blacksmith, why can you have a giant sign?! She puffed out angrily, her legs taking her nowhere. I better find this stupid shop before I pass out from exhaustion. The could feel her eyelids dragging down, nope, nope! Her eyes shot wide open. We are getting this quest done!