[F1-SP] <<Earning a Living: Blacksmith>> {Ronin} (COMPLETED)

Spoiler

ID: 101889

LD: 14 - Fail

Ronin approached the entrance of the nearest cave. He peered inside. From where he was standing, he could see that the cave gradually descended a few feet and then turned into pitch black darkness. It didn't seem to narrow, and some stalactite hung from the roof of the cave. "Hello?" he called. The cave echoed with the sound of his voice, but there were no signs of provoked monsters. "There could still be monsters in there", he thought. "Who knows how far the cave goes? Besides, it'd be too dark for in there for me to find anything anyways". He walked off and found a pretty flat area next to the lake. He crawled up to the lake's edge to wash his face. As he peered over the lake's surface, he saw his reflection. It reminded him of home, and he said to it "My name is Riley Yan, and I will survive this death gameI'm coming back, mom and dad". With that, Ronin washed his face and went back to digging.

Spoiler

ID: 101890

LD: 9 - Fail

Ronin was in the zone now. He was so concentrated that not even another player passing by could've caught his attention. Part of it was because of his reflection. Seeing it reminded him of his goal to return to the real world. The other reason was, he was simply too tired at this point. He had been digging all day, and there was only enough energy left in him to focus on one thought, which was digging. "All I need is one more", he thought. "One more piece of ore and I can move on to the real part of the game. This game might kill me, but I'm going to die of boredom first if I don't get to play Sword Art Online for the reason I bought it". Now that the sun was high in the sky and its rays could truly shine, Ronin began mistaking glistening rocks for pieces of ore, and him being tired didn't help with that. "I can't even begin to imagine how that blacksmith NPC gets his ore, having to do this on a regular basis. I don't want to be a blacksmith if this is what I need to do every time I want to craft something. And if it turns out getting materials to craft as a blacksmith is actually easier than this process, that Cerdic is gonna have a word with my sword once I figure out how to use it".

Spoiler

ID: 101892

LD: 4 - Fail

Ronin's hands moved like a well oiled machine, pushing apart the pebble filled soil, trying to uncover the remaining piece that stood in his way of victory. The soil here was rich and easier to dig through than his previous location, and he suspected that was because he was next to the water. He could dig a deeper hole compared to his last one, but that still didn't mean it would be easier to find anything. Ronin thought about what he would do after the quest was over.

"So I still have one piece of ore left to get, and once I'm done with that, I still have to go all the way back to the blacksmith and craft something with those pieces. Then once I'm done with that, I'll receive my rewards, which will boost me up a level and make me a blacksmith. As much as I don't really want to be a blacksmith, it could be a good business to make money from now that I think about it".

Spoiler

ID: 101894

LD: 15 - Success

Ronin's thoughts were cut short when he felt the familiar texture of a piece of ore beneath the dirt. He pulled it up immediately and smiled. "There we go", he thought. "As soon as I start planning it appears, perfect". Ronin went into the menu and put back on his shirt and chestplate. 

"Let's finish this". It was now in the middle of the afternoon as Ronin sprinted north to get back to the Town of Beginnings. He was so close to finishing his first quest, and felt excited. As he ran, he drew his sword, a one handed straight sword with a brown hilt and a blade made of steel. 

"I can feel the weight in my hand", he thought. "I need to get used to running with it and holding it so I can fight properly". With that thought, he ran with it all the way to the South gate of the Town of Beginnings. 

Spoiler

ID: 101910

CD: 10

Cerdic let out a laugh as he saw Ronin approaching. Ronin stopped in front of him. "I have the 5 materials you asked for", he gasped. "I see", said Cerdic. "Come with me". Cerdic lead Ronin into his forge and handed him a smithing hammer appropriate for Ronin's size. The two went back to the anvil Cerdic was using and he showed Ronin how to forge a weapon. "Now you try", he said. Ronin heated up a piece of ore, turning it into an ingot. He placed it on the anvil and hammered it into a one handed straight sword. "Well done, young swordsman!" Cerdic exclaimed. "That sword is yours to keep. You just became a blacksmith". 

Ronin's eyes widened as a new window popped up with the words "Quest Completed" and a list of his rewards. "Uncommon one handed straight sword huh?", he thought. "Not bad, but I already have a rare one handed straight sword". He dismissed the window and smirked. "One quest down".

Thread Summary

Spoiler

Rewards:

2 SP

<<Blacksmith>> Profession

Uncommon T1 1H Straight Sword

Standard <<Blacksmith>> Shop

(9) Tier 1 Crafting Materials

400 col