Do you prefer TEXT based or NUMBERS based role plays more?

Numbers or Text?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Numbers or Text?

• Text
    • Numbers

I do like Text Based RP's, the only problem is that this is an RP based on an RPG; so numbers are imminent. Problems with text based RP's in this case would be power scaling, if there are no numbers, who's stopping someone from landing every single hit no matter what, who's stopping someone from triggering a critical hit no matter what, who's stopping someone from triggering a status condition and so on.

Of course, we could have more Text based and less number based but still have numbers, but we have had that before, and it just didn't work that great.

I think a healthy combination of the two is great. You can RP here while using Text based combat jut fine, but on the other hand its fun to watch yourself progress through the game, make it to the frontlines and participate in bosses with the set up that you made your character with!

I am not choosing one over the other

Text may be required for story and all, but without the numbers, unfair actions/combat are more likely. Thus, numbers help to keep things fair...but it doesn't always end in our favor. Numbers are a useful, although sometimes cruel tool, but in the end, they are kind of a necessity at times, to say the least.

In the case of SAO-RPG, I would say that you cannot have one without the other.