SP | F02 - Feeding The Enemy

Finding herself wound up on floor two, the crimson eyed player looked around skeptically. The town of Urbus, a medevil like town, was strangely comforting her. The rugged buildings and exquisite architecture strangely her feel at peace. Ah, remember why you’re here. She told herself, now where’s the old lady. This game includes of old people strangely.. her lips tugged down a few notches before resuming back to her neutral face. 

Weaving her way through the town, she finally found herself the old gypsy her ‘source’ told her about. Taking in a sharp breath, she approached the quest giver, “Ah, hello. Someone told me that you had a certain quest?” She chose her words, carefully, not wanting to draw any attention to herself. 

The old woman turned to her with a toothy grin, “Of course, dear. I’m assuming you want it?” The gypsy asked. Replying with a short nod, a short pop up appeared in front of her. Handing her a bag, the quest giver gave another smile, “Be careful, you don’t know what you could find these days,” she shook her head and with a small wave, walked off.

Edited by Asakku

Rolling her eyes, she gave a shrug and placed the bag in her inventory. What’s the fun in being careful? She smirked, making her way out of the town. Taking her scarf out of her inventory, she loosely wrapped it around her neck and sighed. This is going to be a long day. She shook her head m, waving off the thought. I just hope I get a decent Familiar, one that can actually do some kind of work. Her eyes narrowed, the height of a weak companion made her cringe. I won’t be hesitant to kill anything if I don’t find it useful. Her strides were long as she made it to the edge of town. This is it, I could die. But this is it. There’s no harm in trying. She told herself as she walked off.

Don’t see, don’t hear, don’t feel. She repeated these words constantly until she reached the forest.

As she entered the pine rich forest, she swiped open her inventory. Scrolling through the (few) items she had, she finally pulled out her spear she had gotten not too long ago from Macradon’s shop. I haven’t used this yet, but oh, wouldn’t it be fun to stab something today? She traced her fingers down the wooden body and down to the metallic tip. Sighing, she swung the spear around and threw it at the ground, it’s light, she acquired, picking up the spear again. We’ll just see if I can use it today. She had a played smirk as she walked off into the forest.

Pacing herself, her right hand gripped her spear as her left casually swayed next to her. Oh the adventures I’ll have today! I wonder what Familiar I’ll get? Her sarcastic tone was resonating in her head. Well I’ll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Asakku

Taking a small breath, she marched deeper into the forest. I would be surprised if I can even find something that can be my familiar, there's nothing here. She gave an irritated sigh and continued onward. Taking a glance at her arms, she gave a frown. I'm so skinny.. I guess I didn't expect much. Do I still have the scars I had in real life? She frantically check the back of her arm and sighed in relief. They didn't add that thankfully.. I would be full of them, people would look at me all over, her head dropped with demise. Well, thank god no one can see them then! She cheered, thought the moment only lasted for a few seconds until her eyes widened. I should be in the hospital right? Who's paying for the bills? I don't have enough money for that.. unless. She gave a nervous gulp, he's paying for them.. 

Her eyes widened as she felt her hands tingle, if he’s paying the bills, oh lord. Please no. He’s going to be mad.. even more mad then last time. Why, why, why, why. If I ever get out of here... I’m probabaly in a hospital.. somewhere. If I’m in a hospital, when I get discharged, I wouldnt have anywhere to go, I’ll have to resort coming to him.. no, no, no. She looked at her scrawny arms, shuddering at the thought of ever going back. Please no. I don’t want to go back to him.. I don’t, I don’t. She felt tears well up in her eyes. He’s paying, why is he paying? He could leave me for dead, but why would he be paying. Does he like having me suffer? She choked on her thoughts. 

Rubbing her eyes, she gave out a sad croak, “I can’t go back to him, I would rather live on the streets..” She shook her head, her hand gripping her spear tighter. This world doesn’t seem so bad anymore, I don’t want to go..

Tangling her fingers in her hair, she gave a inaudible sigh, "I don't want to go.." her head hung lose as she kept her gaze on the grass and fallen leaves under her feet. "He'll just hurt me again, again and again and again," she whispered under her breath. Shaking her head vigorously, she snapped out of her thoughts. We don't even have half of the floors finished, I'll probably die before they finish the game.. and if it ever comes to me getting out here, she gave a small gulp. I rather kill myself then go back to him. She gave a small gulp and brushed off the thought, "lets.. just continue this quest," she muttered to herself, I'm actually going to need therapy, somethings wrong with me. Trailing her hand down her spear, she pressed her finger on a sharp end. It's a dull feeling, I feel like I'm hurting. But at the same time, I don't. She stifled a laugh, crazy, thats what this is. Thats what I am! I'm crazy, hah!

Dropping down next to large tree, she burst out laughing. I'm going crazy, this game is going to be the death of me. Physically and mentally. She gave a small chuckle and leaned her head back on the smooth pine bark. Maybe I should just give up on this quest, I think my sanity will drop to 0 if I keep going. She gave a small stake of her head. No.. I need this familiar, whether I can or not, I'm getting this stupid animal. She huffed, raising herself up with her spear. No pain, no gain. Like what father used to say. Except I never gained anything from it, it was only him gaining.. but what was he gaining? She bit her lip at the thought, did he like beating me up? Did he like leaving scars and bruises on my body? What could he possibly gain from abusing me?

What could he possibly gain form keeping me alive too? She glanced in another direction, trying to let the thought drift away. Stop thinking about it, don't think about it. She gave a heavy gulp and whirled off to wherever her legs would take her. I can't live like this anymore, No fear. No fear. She repeated in her head as she made her way to a darker part of the forest. "Wow, so spooky," she muttered sarcastically, holding her spear with two hands. Keeping her groan of boredom stuck in her throat, she glanced at the tall trees as she walked by them. I still can't find anything.. where  did everything go? Her brows furrowed in confusion as she stepped cautiously through the dimly lit forest. "Come out, come out you guys~" she cooed, an irritated aura emitting from her. Seriously, I can't find anything here.. She growled in anger, her ears ready for any sound.

Her previous words echoed through the forestry as she marched onward, whirling around at the slightest sound. I'm being paranoid, it's too quiet. And if as on cue, a small rustle from a bush behind her, now we're talking.. A smirk grew on her face as she watched carefully for any more movement, though none ever came. Making sure there was nothing left, she gave a sigh and relaxed her shoulders. It could've been something, but who knows? She gave a stupefied groan and trailed along the path with a depressed mood. Somethings watching me.. she suddenly realized, whipping her head around  to find that one something. Am I being paranoid again..? Nothings here.. she produced a low growl and walked on.

Once she has had enough, she gave a loud shout, "hey! Whoever its watching me, you better come out right now!" And when nothing came, her face distorted into pure anger. Stupid game is making me paranoid! "Ugh!"

Part of me wants to believe its paranoia, but the other half is telling me to watch out.. ugh, so confusing. Her frown growing bigger, she gave herself time to rest before she would start walking again. Placing herself on a fallen log, she pressed her elbow against her though and sighed against her palm. It's been a long day, like I've calculated. A very.. long day. She grunted in displeasure and dropped her spear on the ground. Life is wonderful, they say. Live it to the fullest, they say. Being trapped in a video game is a wonderful way to die! She gave a small chuckle, but hey! I've talked to more people in here than in real life, what do ya know? She gave a short, bitter laugh and looked at her feet. I'm rather tiny.. aren't I. I'm malnourished.. and just bare bones. But I feel so much more alive in here than in real life, I can move freely, do what I want. I wish the real world can be like that.

Pinching her nose, she frowned, why can't I be this free in the real world? She sighed, resting her hand on the rough pine wood. You can't do half of the things you want in real life. She hooked her hands together and rested her chin on her knuckles. "Ugh, so confusing.." she muttered, closing her eyes to think. What to do.. what to do. I can just wait here until something comes along. But wheres the fun in that? But.. what can I do? She frowned while she was in thought, I don't really feel like walking.. maybe take a break for an hour or two before I start searching again? That would be a little bit logical, I'm not particularly in the mood to search for anything. She sat there for a few more minutes, thinking about how her life is going so far, 17, I was stuck in a video game when I was 17. Wouldn't that be an interesting thing to put in my resume when I get a  job, huh?

Jobs, jobs, jobs.. talking about jobs. I should consider taking in a profession. But which one? I don't think I'd have much luck with being a Tailor or a Blacksmith.. possibly an artisan. I don't even know anymore, a frown pressed on her face. I'm probably going to need a place to earn some cash, you can only get so much by doing quests. Performer is off the list. I don't think I can cook very well so Cook is off. I don't intend on doing alchemy either. That leaves Artisan.. Ugh, at this point, I don't even want a profession anymore. My shop would be too small to compete with other shops. It'll be too late for me. She groaned, opening her eyes. Taking in a mouthful of air, she looked uncertainty at the sky. I wonder if the professions here are hard to do.. Maybe it's like being in the real world too?

Opening her inventory, she pulled out the pouch the old quest giver gave her. Peering through it's contents she gave a surprised brow raise. Theres a bunch of stuff here.. meat, seeds, hay, carrots.. almost all of them look like they're for a herbivore. Theres fish and and meet but I'm pretty sure thats it. Oh never mind, theres bugs too, gross. She quickly closed the bag, not wanting to see anymore. Does this lady want me to tame some stupid rabbit or something? I'm not taming something thats only going to get in my way, she growled impatiently, throwing the bag at her feet. It's either a familiar that can actually do something, or not familiar at all. Her eyes narrowed at the bag as she tapped her chin with fingers.This familiar better be worth it, or I'm outa here. She gave a yawn and wiped her eyes, I don't know why I'm putting myself through this..

She looked at her hands. Why am I putting myself through this? She asked herself, why am I putting myself through this [beep]? She scowled at the thought. Picking up the bag, she threw it around for a bit before becoming bored once again. Ugh, this is so stupid. Half of  me wants to stay here and do nothing while the other wants me to actually do something while I'm here. Her gaze focused onto her palms. My hands are small.. I wonder if I grew at all in real life? Maybe I'm taller. I'll still be skin and bones probably, but it's better than being dead I guess. She gulped, her gaze lowering to the dirt and leaf covered ground. Everything is too surreal, it's fake. But why does it feel so real? She pressed a finger on a brown tinted leaf. It's so real.. yet so fake. Why?

Edited by Asakku

Then she had that feeling again, this isn't paranoia. I'm being watched. She grabbed her spear, pressing the end into the ground. "Who's there?! I know you're watching me. Come out and show yourself!" she hollered, her eyes showing fury. All of a sudden, she heard something from behind her, "come out!" She growled aggressively, her grip tightening on her spear. From the corner of her eye, she saw a shadowy figure. Whipping her head to the source, she narrowed her eyes as she watched two white orbs float as if in mid-air. Then did only a pearl white toothy grin show. W-what is that.. Shaking her head, she watched the creature come closer. Blowing a nervous puff of air, she slowly reached for the pouch. As she scanned through the contents, she glanced up at the creature, its appearance striking a similar body as a wolf. Meat, thats what it'll probably like right? Taking a small handful of what seemed like raw beef, she held it up. "This is what you want, right?" she asked, edging closer to the animal. It gave a huff and slowly paced closer to her. 

Oh lord, this is giving me anxiety. "Yeah, come here.. I'm not going to hurt you.." she whispered, reaching her hand full of raw meat out. The 'wolf' paced closer, and very carefully took the meat out of her hands. Yes! 

ID : 102082

LD : 20 + 3 = 23

Edited by Asakku

She crouched at least a meter away from the animal, observing it as it ate. It looks cool.. definitely not some kind of rabbit or ferret so thats good. Giving a sigh of relief, she approached the wolf with a neutral face. "Wow, aren't you something.." she whispered, examining it's body movements. Once it was finally eating, it merely stared at her with its blank white emptiness. "O-kay then," she frowned, stepping a bit closer to the animal, "what should I call you?" she scratched her chin as she crouched in front of the pitch black creature. Thinking about the times she looked into mythology, she came up with one, "I got it! I'll call you Orias," she gave a mischievous chuckle and stood up. "So.. what can you do Orias?" she put her hands on her hips and looked at him with a skeptical gaze. Yup, Orias is the best name for this little guy.

Arias just gave a huff of whatever he was feeling and continued walking towards her. Looking at him with an unfazed expression she sighed, but her face quickly changed when he disappeared right into her shadow. "Whaaaaat?" she looked around, a course chuckle escaped from her. Putting her hands on her face, she gave a loud laugh, "so thats how you were following me! You were simply hiding in the shadows, what a sly animal you are.." she shook her head and laughed, "wow.. you are something. Yeah, come out now," her fingers snapped and the wolf seemingly appeared stepping out of her shadow. "Isn't that something.." she observed Orias' face and shook her head. "Nah-uh, we got to do something about that, it even creeps me out," she sighed bitterly, looking around for something, anything. Something dull but light attracted her eye. Bounding over to it, she grinned. This is perfect.

Edited by Asakku

Picking up the skull that seemed to belong to some kind of carnivore, she held it up to Orias. "Does this work for you?" Her eyes glinted with dark thoughts as she gave him a grin. The shadowy figure gave a small nod, earning a 'happy' grin from Asakku. Placing it on top of his head, she backed off a few feet and made a rectangle around his figure. "Yup, that works fine!" she gave a humble thumbs up and paced over to him. "Now, are you just going to hide in my shadow all the time?" she tapped the head of the skull and sighed. "How about this, you can go into my shadow whenever you want, but when I tell you to come out, you have to." Orias gave a small nod, "and.." she continued, "you have to wear the skull when you're outside my shadow, since it can't go with you in there. I can just carry it around." she looked at him dead in the void of his gaze. "Got it?"

Giving her another curt nod, he huffed and disappeared walking into her shadow, leaving behind whatever kind of skull he was wearing. Not very talkative are we? She sighed, picking up the skull and starting off in the direction of Urbus. As they-- or she walked, she realized she felt a lot less alone, It feels sorta weird. And I'm pretty sure he can hear me if I talk out loud. He's like the number one stalker out there, or he could be. Tailing people in their shadows.. wow. What kind of familiar do I have? She chuckled to herself, shaking her head. "Well, it's me and you against Aincrad now," she gave a small smile at the thought. Yay me, I can finally get some damage done. She huffed, her boots crunching against the fallen leaves. I should consider buying decent armor though, I can't do much with what I currently have..

Resting her hands on her head, she sighed, "I'm bored, hey can you come out Orias?" She stopped in the tracks to wait for the wolf to reappear out of her shadow, "there you are.." she calmly put the skull on his face. Yeah, I don't want to do this every time he appears. She mumbled incoherent curses and walked on. Seeing the medieval structures, she gave a blink of relief. Oh thank lord we're back, I'm tired as hell. She yawned, stretching her arms. Orias snorted, quickly glancing around the candlelit houses. "yeah, I guess you don't like bright things that much either," she huffed, crossing her arms. I guess i have to rent a room in an inn for the day. I'm way too tired to go anywhere else. She cursed under her breath and made her way to the closest inn she could find, with her familiar quickly trailing behind her. This is going to be weird, Orias doesn't have to most friendliest first impressions.. she sighed, her back drooping. Ah, whatever, screw em'.

Edited by Asakku