PP | F04 - Avalanche

Running a hand through her hair, Asakku made her way through the cold streets of the small village. "I just wanted to do a freakin' quest but he's not even here," she grumbled, rubbing her elbows. Keeping her eyes on the streets, she had her usual scowl on, But no, he relocated to another stupid  town on this floor. And theres no way in heck am I moving to another town in this weather. Cursing under her breath, she found herself running straight into someone. Landing on the ground with an unsatisfying 'oof', she glared upon the person she bumped into. "Hey, the hecks your problem?" she spat venomously, who just stands in the middle of the street in the cold like this? The frick?

Shaking her head, she abruptly stood up with a frown. "Why are you even standing in the middle of the cold, or do you like being frozen?" she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms in annoyance.

@Pinball

Pinball walked through the empty paths of the snowy village, his head tilted upward and his eyes closed. He relished the idea of being in the cold. He let the icy weather wash over him in waves, savoring every chill and shiver that crawled up his back whenever a sudden gust of air crept up his winter jacket. Pinball enjoyed the stormy weathers the most. There was something about the way it washed over the scenery. He found there was always some kind of unidentifiable feeling instilled in him. It was in the middle of these thoughts that Pinball bumped into something hard. He staggered backwards, his head snapping back to its normal position. "Oh, Jesus," he squeaked, startled. He began to offer his hand to the girl, but she was already getting herself up. "Are you... oh." There was a brief pause as Pinball registered what was happening. She's angry, he realized. His head was obviously still readjusting to normal thought as his daydreams faded away. "I... I like the cold," a stupified Pinball replied. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 40
Health: 800 | Energy: 80
DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [23/50]: Rank 3 - Expert

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>>

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Demonic] Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, Phase, Cursed
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC

Edited by Pinball

She let out a scoff, “Yeah, bet you do,” rolling her eyes, she blew a stray hair out of her face, “that doesn’t explain why your standing out here like a little idiot though,” her lips tugged down into a frown as she said those words. Seriously, who does that? 

Pressing her lips together into a thin line, she let out a sigh, rubbing her eyes, “Don’t you have somewhere else to be? Like somewhere not standing in the middle of the road?” She pressed, tapping her foot impatiently on the cobbled paths.

Each second passing seemed to tick her off even more. Why am I even here again? Why am I associating with him anyways? This game is getting to me, she let out a frustrated groan and massaged her head, don’t let it get to you Ada. Letting out a sharp sigh, she bit her lip in agitation. Looking up at @Pinball, tilted her head, “well?”

His initial dumbfoundedness was slowly fading, and the red in Pinball's face was getting brighter and brighter. "Oh, yeah, right," he stammered, taking a hesitant step back. "Sorry, sorry." As the... rather short woman scolded him, he grew more and more flustered. "Yeah, yeah," he squeaked, "I've got places to be, yeah." He struggled to make up an excuse to leave. Where did he need to be? He really didn't have anywhere to go. "Avalanche," he said quickly in reply, "I'm doing a quest. Yeah. Avalanche." Pinball's eyes drifted to the side, and he wondered if it was alright to start moving away now. She certainly didn't look like she wanted to deal with him, and Pinball wasn't quite sure why he stopped to explain himself, either. Normally he would just ignore the person and move on. Am I really that lonely? Pinball was hit by a momentary wave of sadness, though he quickly subdued the emotion. "Sorry, sorry. I'll go now."

Her brow rose up as she heard of the quest. “A quest you say?” She let out a foggy breath before turning to him again, “Hey, mind if I join you? Sorry I was a bit rude earlier, I was just a tad bit mad,” she gave a forced smile and clapped her hands together, “please? I’m an actual newbie at this kind of stuff and I could really use the help,” she said sweetly, disgusting herself with her own voice. I feel like I’m going to vomit if I keep this up. Her face wavered for a second before going back to her seemingly innocent mask. 

“I wasn’t myself, sorry,” she looked down at her feet with ‘guilty’ eyes, “this is just so frustrating sometimes y’know?” She asked, tilting her head. Good lord, even I wouldn’t fall for this stuff, I’m acting like a complete doofus in public, she bit the inside of her cheek as she looked around slowly, there’s not much people around, that’s good. I don’t want people to think of me like this every time hey see me.

@Pinball

"Yeah," he replied quickly, still scooting off to the side. He was still trying to break away when her personality did a complete 180. His eyebrows immediatly furrowed, his mouth twisting with disgust. He shook his head, turned away while she was still talking, and started to walk again. "Yeah, I get it." he grumbled, barely audible in the wind. His previously shy and nervous tone had already faded, replaced with a rather cold, standoffish way of speaking.  "Come if you're coming. I don't care." Pinball didn't look back. Not this again. Pinball had already dealt with the polite facade of Mars; he had exposed his true personality and found that he liked it a lot more. He had an inkling as to what Mars' motives were based on their conversations, but this girl was still very strange to him. What makes people like that? Pinball grimaced, shaking his head again. Not once did the realization he was helping someone he didn't want to cross his mind. She had asked for help, and Pinball's natural response to a request was to accept. He drew his hands across his face, taking a deep breath, and turned around. "What level are you?

Her cheery façade soon faded as she watched him turn cold. Ugh, I need to work on my acting skills. Sighing, she pushed her hair back slowly walking after him, "you're not as dumb as you look," she commented, keeping her eyes in front of her. "Look, I couldn't give two craps about you but you're my ticket to getting stronger so you're stuck with me," she walked faster so that she was in front of him, "got that?" the girl asked, turning her head to look at him dead in the eyes. Turning back to her front, her lips pressed together in a thin pale line, "I'll be out of your hair once this stupid quest is over with," she muttered, falling back so that he was in front of her again. Hopefully we won't pass by each other again in the future, he'll be a pain in the butt if I see him again. 

Quirking up an eyebrow, she rolled her eyes at the question, "I rather not say," she said simply, intertwining her hands at the back of her neck. No kidding when I say I'm a newbie.. she blew a frustrated sigh and turned her head away. Well, this is not going as planned, but its the best I got right now. Wonderful situation I'm in.

@Pinball

When she started to talk again, he glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, but said nothing. He shoved his hands deeper into his jacket pockets, and walked silently. He took the verbal beatings with a grain of salt. As the talking went on, Pinball's face grew increasingly tired and droopy. When she said she'd be out of his hair when the quest, he nodded. "That's good." He frowned when she refused to tell him what level she was. "...Alright." Pinball lifted a hand up to his hair, twirling one of the longer strands. Probably too low-leveled to be doing this quest, he reasoned. Pinball stifled a sigh, but his shoulders drooped. That's fine. I'll kill it before it has a chance to react. He didn't want the girl to die, despite his dislike of her personality. Hopefully you're being quick to judge. He'd hate to find out she was just as rotten of a person as she let on. 

As they entered a snow forest, and Pinball's boots started to sink half an inch into the snow, Pinball looked over to Asakku. "If anything jumps out at you in this forest, get out of the way. The monster we're after is just a little bit further ahead, but there's mobs around here. Be careful." Pinball's hands brushed over Zomekko's jar, which hung towards front and right of his belt. Wrong side. His left hand touched a leather pouch tucked into the belt on the back of his left hip. He pulled open the strings as he walked, and dug up a teleportation crystal. "Here." He tossed the crystal over his shoulder to Asakku, not stopping to look if she caught it or not. "You might need this." Pinball pulled his winter jacket back over his belt, hiding the pouch and partially concealing the dark jar on his waist. 

Sent: [x1] Teleportation Crystal to @Asakku

She simply rolled her eyes at his short answer, "indeed it is," she retorted, crossing her arms. It would be better for both of us if I leave quickly, she sighed, stretching her arms. As most things, lets get this over with. After a few more eternities of silence, she finally spoke up, "I'm Asakku by the way," the ebony haired player glanced at the numerous things tied around his waist, her eyes focusing mainly on the jar that held some kinda of black foggy substance. What in the world is that? Her face formed into curiosity as she watched it aimlessly do nothing. Shaking her head, she rid herself of the thought. Only time will tell I guess.

Lifting her feet out of the snow, she grumbled, "stupid snow, why the hell is it so cold?" Though her attention was back on Pinball as he spoke to her, "I'm not dumb, I know when to move if something jumps out of nowhere in front of me," her scarlet eyes showed a hint of agitation as she scoffed. Rubbing her hands together, she looked up, nearly missing the crystal. "Thanks for the heads up," sarcasm seethed through her teeth as she spoke. "Lets just be done with this," Asakku rushed through the snow to stay side by side with, once this is all over, I'm doubt I'm going tag along with any other person now, this is just utter hell.

@Pinball

Judging from her responses to his cold dismissal of the player, it was obvious she wasn't too fond of him. And maybe it's better that way, Pinball moped. And yet, even still, he couldn't help but feel like he might being too rude. He grit his teeth, debating whether or not he should apologize. Then, she told her his name. A moment passed, with Pinball not even acknowledging the fact that she had spoke. Another moment. And another. Then, finally, he responded. "I'm Pinball." The girl said some more about something after that; Pinball had tuned her out. He was more focused on the hunt at this point. "He's just up ahead," Pinball said. "Get ready. I want you to rush in and attack it first. I'll follow up and finish it off." It was at this point that Pinball equipped his spear, a flash of blue light heralding its presence as it blinked into existence. He gripped the weapon with both hands, then gestured for her to move ahead. "As soon as you see it, attack it. Right?"

Fidgeting with her fingers, she gave a small sigh. It's quiet.. and cold, she realized she was freezing again. Shaking her hands to get some warmth in her body she mumbled with a sour voice, "stupid cold." After she introduced herself, she had expected him to introduce himself too, but apparently that didn't happen. I'm a jerk but at least I have morals, her gaze drifted away as she scoffed. "Little late there buddy," she sighed, her frown deepening. "Aye, aye captain," she rolled her eyes and gave a sarcastic salute. Biting on the inside of her cheek, she pulled out her spear. I was wondering when I'd finally use this, she blew a puff of air and nodded, "so you're that strong, huh?" she asked, her gaze not wavering. I'll get there one day. Feeling her hand clench around her spear, she hesitantly walked toward the glowing blue aura. 

The next thing she knew, she was right in front of a very angry Frosty The Snowman. No regrets I suppose, she tilted her head while gripping her spear. Oh, how I have a basket full of insults for him. Taking off, she gave a small smirk, "Where did your carrot nose go?" she cooed, pissing off the creature, well more than it already was. It gave out a terrorizing roar which only made Asakku's smirk grow wider, "aw, you can do better than that you oversized ice cream cone." As she focused in on the mob, she gave a disappointing snort.With my stats, I wouldn't be surprised if I'd miss this, she sighed, shrugging, What's the harm in trying? She told herself as she lunged at the ice covered monster. And.. of course, missing by a cinch, she quickly regained her posture and frowned, "what a great first try," she muttered, dashing back a few a few meters away.

ID : 102015

BD : 3 + 1 = 4, Fail

Asakku | H : 0 | HP : 60 | EN : 5/6

Pinball | H : 0 | HP : 800 | EN : 80

-

Avalanche | HP : 100 | DMG : 40

Edited by Asakku

As soon as the monster was within sight, Pinball tensed up. This was a life or death situation... not for him, but for her. And her disregard for that is pissing me off, he thought, keeping a careful eye on both her and the mob's movements. She missed her first attack, and that was fine. That just meant he had to keep his attention. If he were to hit it with his strongest sword art, it'll die. He wondered if another beginner attack would still kill it, but he couldn't be sure. I'll go with my very first Sword Art, he decided, and I'll see how it goes from there. 

As soon as Asakku backed off, Pinball took her place. The tip of his spear nearly touched the ground as he ran, and as soon as he was within range, Pinball lashed out, bringing his weapon across the monster's torso. The creature reeled back, swinging at Pinball with a heavy hand, but it was too slow. Pinball easily pulled his head back, unflinching, and the creature's long arm missed his face by an inch. He watched its health dip; not enough to kill it, but not as much as he had wanted to do. Still, it'll give her a decent challenge. Pinball stepped to the side, so as to let Asakku charge right at it. "You're up.

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Heft] [-2 EN] / Charge! +3 Base 
Avalanche: ID#102042  BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) MD: 7-3= 4 (Miss!) ~ 15+3= 18*2= 36 DMG

Asakku | H : 0 | HP : 60/60 | EN : 5/6
Pinball | H : 1 | HP : 800/800 | EN : 78/80

-

Avalanche | HP : 64/100 | DMG : 40

Edited by Pinball

She gave a small nod, "I can tell when I need to go," she mumbled right before she dashed off, her spear flowing right by her side. Second times a charm? She thought as she whirled around the foot of Avalanche. Giving a wry smile, she blew a small raspberry, "I think you're missing something.. a hat, a scarf, and wheres that charcoal smile?" she gave a fake pout as she drew back her spear. Its now or never then, she blew a huff of air and dashed forward. As the wad of living ice gave a deafening roar, she gave a frown, oh now I pissed him off. Rolling her eyes, she gave a quick moment of thought, why don't I use a sword art? This won't be hard at all. Digging her feet into the ground, she sprinted quickly, readying herself for a large jump, don't miss. Twisting herself, she landed a blow on the chest of the giant creature, all while earning herself a loud roar.

Leaping back, she tilted her head in satisfaction. That was.. decent. She gave a smirk and turned over to Pinball, "can you finish him?" she asked, digging the head of her spear into the ground. I think one more sword art from him can deal enough damage to kill it, I just hope he doesn't miss.

ID : 102049

BD : 10 + 1 = 10, Success

Action : Pierce, 3 + 2 = 5*2 = 10 DMG

Asakku | H : 2 | HP : 60 | EN : 3/6

Pinball | H : 1 | HP : 800 | EN : 78/80

-

Avalanche | HP : 54 | DMG : 40

@Pinball

Edited by Asakku

There was a brief pause in his demeanor when she asked him if he could finish the monster off. "No, I can't finish it off! I thought you were the strong one in this situation!Pinball then, wasting no time, rushed the monster once more. He twisted strangely before starting the Sword Art, to attempt to give the impression of activating a different one. In reality, he activated the same attack as last time, though this time with a slight fluorish. I've had enough of this whole level hierarchy bull****, Pinball thought grimly, bringing his spear up and across the monster's chest once more. A blast of cold ice burst from the frosty giant's chest, blowing Pinball's hair and leaving shards of evanescent, glittering ice floating in the air. The creature was not dead, but it was seemingly frozen in place. A thin layer of white frost crept and began to cover the already bright blue of the ice mob's shoulder's and legs. Pinball paused, a bit surprised that freeze had triggered now, of all times. He turned back to Asakku, leaning his spear across his shoulder. With one arm he gestured to the quest mob, "This is in no way whatsoever a testament to my abilities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Heft] [-2 EN, +1 EN]
Avalanche: ID# 102068 BD: 9 (Crit!) MD: 4-3= 1 (Miss!) ~ 30 DMG + FREEZE

Action : Pierce, 3 + 2 = 5*2 = 10 DMG

Asakku | H : 2 | HP : 60 | EN : 3/6

Pinball | H : 3 | HP : 800 | EN : 77/80

-

[FROZEN] Avalanche | HP : 24 | DMG : 40

Edited by Pinball

She threw up her hands in a riot, "what are you talking about? I'm the one using you here!" she growled, shaking her head as he left. I will get strong though. I will. Gripping her spear as she watched him impale the monster once again in the chest. Why are we only going for the chest, the frick? Watching him with a curious expression, she sighed, "yeah buddy, believe what you want me to believe." Rolling her eyes, she glanced at the now seemly frozen Avalanche, "did whittle Frosty get too cold?" she cooed, "Aw, yeah me too Frosty. Let us kill you faster so we can go home and I won't have to see Mr. No Morals over here again!" She gave a closed eye grin and pointed over her shoulder at Pinball.

Taking advantage of the situation, she aimed for the chest.. again. At a few meters away, she gave a large leap and impaled her spear into the icy chest of the living iceberg. Jumping back, she gave a confused furrow of her brows. The only thing in front of her was now a cloud of glittering blue shards. "Huh?" She gave an inaudible curse and gripped her spear even harder. He still had a wad of health left, how did I do that much damage? It was three times more than my last attack.. She glanced back at @Pinball with a shrug, "I don't know what I did, but we can finally get out of here so yay me," she frowned, still confuzzled on what just happened. 

ID : 102073

BD : 5 + 6, Success!

Action : Pierce, 3*2 = 6 + 24 = 30(?)

Asakku | H : 2 | HP : 60/60 | EN : 1/6

Pinball | H : 3 | HP : 800/800 | EN : 77/80

-

Avalanche | HP : 24/100 | DMG : 40

Edited by Asakku

"Wh- wha?!" Pinball watched as she shouted out that she was the one using him. Pinball resisted the urge to grin, and watched as Asakku rushed at Avalanche once more. The creature was on its last legs. Freeze'll be more than enough to finish it off, he knew. Maybe I should tell her about it? But his thought was interrupted by another one of her accusations. "Mr. No Morals?!" Pinball protested weakly, watching as her spear impbedded itself in the monster's torso. He watched as cracks grew and started to cover every bit of the monster's body. When she pulled the spear back, chunks of ice started to collapse and topple over. After about three seconds, everything regarding the monster and its physique froze, shimmered, and polygonal shards burst in every direction. Pinball still didn't want to let on his exact level; if she thought he was a higher level than she was, that was good, but he wasn't awfully keen on making noticeable any insurmounatble gap in levels. "Good fight," was all he said, planting the butt of his spear into the snow. 

She grumbled and gave a small shrug, "barely, you did most of the damage," she rolled her eyes with a sigh and dropped her spear into the snow. "I'm just glad it's over, I should've told Frosty to send my regards to Santa before I killed him though.." she mumbled, digging her boots into the snow. Glancing up at him with a frown, "so what now?" She puffed, narrowing her eyes at the clearing where Avalanche was before he went full blue sparkles on them. Only did then did she realize how cold it was again. Holy mother of.. it's freezing! She gave a sniff and pulled her thin scarf closer to her face. Ack! I don't get how people deal with this in the real world.. at least you can't get frostbite in here. She gave a sigh of relief and rubbed her hands together. They still put us through the stupid torture of being cold. 

@Pinball

Pinball watched, finally relaxing now with the end of the fight, as Asakku dropped  her spear in the snow. He glanced at his own weapon for a moment, then turned his attention back to Asakku. Wish I could still drop my weapon. He squirmed in place awkwardly when she asked what was next. The white specks of snow and blue flecks of ice created a pretty scene in an alraedy inherently pretty landscape, and Pinball found himself captivated by the sheer beauty of the scenery once more. Even though it was a death game he was locked in... Pinball shrugged. "We go back to town, I guess." Pinball grit his teeth, winced to himself, and threw a thumbs up in Asakku's direction. "Yeah. Good fight. We should duel one day. You did a surprisingly good amount of damage." He started to walk, using his spear as a walking stick. "You can keep the crystal, by the way. Don't forget you have it." Pinball rubbed his chin with a cold finger. Judging by her personality, she'll probably have need of it. Real soon. Pinball made his way through the snow, growing quieter with each step. 

To town.. yeah, she was about to give a nod before scrunching her brows together as he gave her thumbs up, "uh, what was that?" She tilted her head awkwardly but brushed it off. Ah, whatever. Boys are.. weird. She told herself, looking back at him with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, as if. You'll be ahead of me even if I reached whatever level you are right now," she gave a bored sigh and picked up her spear, storing it in her inventory. She followed after him, giving a small snicker, "aw, is Mr. No Morals starting to get old?" She teased, "don't start getting gray hairs, it'll ruin your complexion," she whispered, giving him a nudge and a smirk. Taking a breath full of cold air, she gave a sigh, "hallelujah, I lived to see another day," she mumbled, not that it matters, I'm still useless.. she frowned and crossed her arms.

@Pinball

He made his way through the snow covered forest, keeping an eye out for the familiar gleaming of a polished treasure chest. He wasn't particularly excellent at finding them, and he didn't doubt that he wouldn't actually find anything by the time they were back in town. Asakku said so more stuff about him, though he couldn't really make sense of it, nor did he bother with acknowledging her remarks. After a few minutes of walking, Pinball realized they were making good time. "The town is just ahead," he said, pointing to where the trees stopped and the settlement's winding road began. He gave one final look around, just to see if he had missed anything during their walk... and nestled into the gnarled roots of a mighty, leafless tree, he spotted a smooth, glittering surface. "Hey!" Pinball rushed over to the treasure chest, yanking the box from the tree. A few twisted twigs snapped off, but gave way, and Pinball set the chest down in the snow. "Do you wanna open it, or should I?

Searching for Treasure Chest: ID#102083 LD: 20 (Treasure Chest Found!) 

Edited by Pinball