[OP - F2][MM] Bloodhounds

I gaze around the area and sighs softly realizing the situation that i am in. That i will actually have to have tact in finding tracks and other things to have a chance of even finding people as i nod my head as i scroll through my menu and equips my golden fleece searching bonus item. My heavy armor switching on over to a black shirt, and grey shorts with a golden cloak with the depiction of a Ram in scarlet red on the back of it as i start making my way around the clearing. Leaving away from the group of potential killers that was the group of Seul, Fae, and possibly even Outlander who was probably close enough to make things annoying. I glance towards Baldur and nods my head figuring there is no harm fro a duo to try and help each other, and having an ally nearby does make things seem less mentally draining when it comes down to everything. I glance around the area with a cold gaze with my blue eyes searching for anything that would give way to the idea of traveling for a person. 'If only i had time to question Oikawa where he went for so long this might be easier. To have the mentality of a killer would give way to knowing where to hunt.' I think to myself in some annoyance at my own incompetence of not talking to man who had murdered a unique skill user for one reason or the other.

I glance towards Baldur before shaking my head as i walk right past the samurai as i make my way towards the base of the mountains my golden cloak blowing within the wind along with my hair as i quickly move my hands towards my hair. I pull it back and take out a small little band as i change my hair style to that of a pony tail to make it less annoying for it blowing within the gusts of wind that the storm causes. I gaze around the base of the mountain gazing around the area getting onto my knees to look closely towards the ground as i look closely at the earth to see if there are any scuff marks or displaced earth near it to give signs for him fleeing towards the mountains.

#102021  LD:20+5(golden fleece)=25

57/150

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krysta had also made her points to the player with the orange cursor, already considering him untrustworthy. Granted, there were some orange players who were merely defending themselves against green players who wanted to kill them, but the mistake was not letting the enemy attack first, which would have allowed the kill to be legal, seeing that killing players with orange cursors, temporary or permanent, did nothing to damage a green one's color, from what Vigilon knew. Krysta also spoke to the buff player as if she was pushing him away completely, and she took hold of Vigilon's left hand. He didn't really mind, but he was slightly concerned. Someone spoke from behind, defending the player with the orange cursor, and saying his name was Jonathan. Lessa spoke to all the players, and it seemed they would be splitting up to search in three areas. Some players had already turned their eyes to the river area, so Vigilon thought about trying to see what could be in the Mountain base. There could be tracks leading to a cave, or something that may have been dropped, or...Vigilon's mind was drawing a blank right now, but something would come to him soon. "Hey, Jewel, why don't we search in the mountain area?" After getting his answer(regardless of what it was), he would head over to the mountain base to see if there was anything that might have to do with Wyson's whereabouts. He would examine the area closely. He didn't want to miss anything.

@Krysta

10+5(item: Karri's Fang)=15
ID# 102024
72/150

Total Current Progress: 48%

Edited by Vigilon

ybMucU2.jpg?1

The player named Hestia knelt, one hand on the scuffed earth, as if it might give her a sign. That sort of thing might not have been unusual in a programmed, in-game event, but this was not that. Akihiko Kayaba had not, with his own hand, directed this man to kill. And while perhaps one might argue that the game itself had warped the man, Wyson had taken lives entirely of his own volition. There had been no game mechanics here, and Aincrad would not knowingly aid them in their search. In fact, the storm that brewed above the party's head appeared to do the precise opposite.

But while the game would provide no clues directly, the world it offered did so. In the lush, dark dirt that smelled richly of fresh earth, there were footprints to be found: deer, rabbit, and nestled among them, the unmistakable outline of a boot. The forest grew darker as the clouds swirled overhead, but upon close inspection, there was no missing the tell-tale sign - toes, like a flashing beacon, pointed directly toward the base of the nearby mountain.

72/150
Total Current Progress: 48%

This post was triggered by Hestia's natural 20. It does not reset post cool-downs.

@Aereth @Hestia @Baldur @Fae @Vigilon @Krysta @Jomei @Morgenstern @Seul @Blood @Ruby

ID: 102038 - LD: 10+5 [Purobolos]= 15

Ruby had took a deep breath as they had reached towards the mountainous area along with a foresty area and people had began to split up looking for clues rather than really working together. While Ruby was completely against something like this, she had just accepted the fact that not everyone had wanted to work with everyone, however she was not going to leave @Hestia's side not even for a moment, she almost died in a floor boss lord who knows what Ruby might accidentally stumble herself into. Ruby had looked towards her familiar "Purobolos" and gave him a signal to help look for clues, staying behind Hestia of course looking along with her, after a bit of time she had exclaimed out to Hestia asking her "Hey Hestia, you found any clues yet?" after looking for a bit of clues she had returned back to Hestia's side as she had felt the most safe there right now.

87/150

Both Hesita and Ruby responded to Jomei's concern about how they were holding up. The group was searching for a serial killer.. something that fell under the jurisdiction of the Holy Dragon Alliance, but a feat that the ever growing guild had yet to actually attempt, let alone accomplish. Each of the women seemed fine, not letting the pressure or thought of actually spotting the man that sported the orange crystal so proudly get to them. With a small smile, the ginger nodded, and his attention was soon brought elsewhere to a player, donned in samurai like armor. He addressed him as Jomei-chan, the ginger recognizing the dialect as Japanese, and introduced himself as @Baldur. Jomei knew he had seen his face before, as well as heard his name, yet a formal meeting or introduction always managed to slip by them. The words the samurai spoke of Jomei and the respect he already seemed to hold for him were more than kind, and actually brought a flustered blush to his cheeks. According to him, others had kind things to say about him as well, and Jomei could only reply with a bashful chuckle, rubbing the nape of his neck that currently hid behind a hood. "Thanks." he managed to get out through the small laughs, before clearing his throat, "I cannot take all the credit for this guild. It wouldn't be what it is today without some of the members. And to all of them, I am truly grateful." 

The storm only seemed to worsen as they moved along, and Lessa halted the group to begin searching for signs of Wyson, as they currently stood at his last known location. The ginger responded with a nod before taking a quick look around. Watching where he stepped, Jomei walked towards the tree line, where the forest became more and more dense. His gloved hand ran along the bark of the first tree he found, looking for any nicks or damage to the tree. Olive eyes turned up to the sky before letting out a sigh, "Would have been a lot easier if Adere was with me.. but with this weather she could get hurt." As another powerful gust of cold wind bit at his cheeks, the man yanked his hood forward and continued scanning the trees alone, one at a time.

LD: 13
ID# 102039
100/150
Total Current Progress: 67%

I smile as i find the tracks right away as i get up from my crouched position and turns towards everyone within the group and goes to shout it before pausing realizing that such a mistake might be lethal if Wyson could be around this area still relatively recently. I look towards my familiar and pats his head. Okay Kuro go to every players and nudge them in this direction. This is the correct one. I say to him in nothing above a whispered tone as my lion with wings nods and heads over towards the rest of the players to point them in the right direction as i look towards my big sister figure and nods towards her. Towards the mountain is where he went. If we head over there we might start to find him. i had Kuro go back to inform the others since i couldn't afford to be loud and announce it. Lets get going @Ruby. I say in a soft tone of voice as i nudge my head over in the direction of where the foot print lead to as i start heading towards the base of the mountain. Doing my best to follow the path of where the foot print lead towards. I head into the forest hoping that my familiar can rally enough people in the right direction.

#102043 LD:12+5=17

117/150

@Jomei@Baldur@Lessa@Krysta@Vigilon@Fae@Seul@Outlander@Ronin Dragoon@Morgenstern@Blood

Baldur was startled to find Kuro, Hestia's familiar, nosing his leg to try and get his attention. At first, Baldur was worried that Hestia was in trouble, but then Kuro went off to nudge the next person, and so on. Turning to look around for Hestia, he saw she was heading off towards the mountain. It made a certain amount of sense to look over there. Turning, he called out to Lessa, "I think Hestia found something!" He then proceeded to head over her way and see what she had found. The sight of a footprint startled Baldur. It was a very odd thing to find, and certainly spokle of him having been through this way recently.

"Good find, Hestia!"

He stood up... he couldn't quite follow where the tracked headed, but it gave them a general direction. That was currently better than the other 359 directions they could try.

"Think maybe he's hiding out in a cave for shelter?"

LD: 6+5=11
ID: 102054

Edited by Baldur

The storm that was brewing worried Jonathan, causing him to glance up at the sky.. A flash of lightning would signal him to work faster. The group was then sent out to look for clues, something Jonathan was not skilled at. Jonathan was far better when it came to combat related things while his partner in crime Itzal was supposed to get them all of the best things from what they fought. They made a good combo, and it was a shame to not have Itzal with him. They were able to speak with eachother without words and for hunting players that might be a crucial skill when coming down to it. He heard Hestia find a clue that showed signs of heading towards the mountain. They seemed to be getting closer and closer, and he was impressed with the progress. "Well, let's see what we got here" As he searched forward, he began to move towards the base of the mountain. 

He seen something in the distance and thought back to shouting to his friends in the distance, but if any enemies were nearby that would alert them. "Well, maybe some of them followed me up here" he muttered to himself. 

LD:18 +5 (Finding Stone) = 23
ID: 102074

@Lessa @Plot Master

Just moments ago, Ronin had been dwelling around the outskirts of the group when Hestia's familiar had found him and indicated that the group was heading towards the mountain. He had followed out of his own interest to best this killer in combat, but didn't care much for social interaction or clue finding. Now he found himself at the rear of the party, tilting his head toward the peak like the rest, wondering what could occur next. Things might've gotten a little more interesting, but nevertheless he was still bored. The stormy weather sure didn't help, and there had been nothing to hit. "If this Wyson guy is somewhere on that mountain", he thought, "I could just run ahead of the group and find him myself before anyone else does. Then I'd have the duel I came for". Ronin pondered this seriously for a moment, and decided "Well, they deserve to get the credit for looking for clues. And it's their mission anyways. The last thing I need is a bunch of people against me for taking their prize".

Never being one who was adept at stealth or tracking Seul decided to take a step back and let the others handle most of the work. From the way they spoke earlier, most didn't trust him anyway. That was fine with him; they were strangers and he wasn't about to give them his life story while there were more important matters at hand.

The forest canopy would do little to shield him from the storm brewing above, but even so he sat beneath a tree in an effort to avoid getting drenched once the rain started to fall. Relaxation never lasted long in Aincrad though. Some kind of chimera thing had grabbed his attention and promptly began directing him toward the base of the mountain. It was the pet of that Hestia woman who confronted him earlier.

“Something must be happening…”

Through mumbled breaths he got up and made his way toward the rest of the group, intent on seeing for himself how the next part of this story would unfold.

Blood sighed, listening as Michael started blurting out random gibberish from out of no where. Luckily, before he could attract even more attention to himself, a series of lightening flashes appeared in the sky, giving Blood the opportunity to hurry along and get Michael to shut his mouth before he could further the damage. Hopefully, the others didn't see her grabbing onto Michael's tank top and tugging it so the man noticed that she was unhappy with what he was doing.

"Look man, I'm just trying to fit in with everyone else." Michael said, chuckling as he followed Blood, "Why don't you go talk to someone for once?" He continued, getting on Blood's nerves, which wasn't that hard of a thing to do in all honesty. Blood ignored him, continue to walk and follow everyone else as the useless words of the green-haired gangster passed through her ears. She needed to keep track of what everyone else was doing, and if she was to get a hint of where this player killer was, she would go after him without attracting too much attention. That was her plan, but if Michael here keeps on doing the careless things that he has been doing, Blood won't get the opportunity to pull off her intentions. Perhaps she won't even be able to spot her before someone else does. If that happens, this was just a big waste of a time.

Finally, the group of players reached the destination - the last place this player killer was spotted. She doubted that the PKer would show himself here, since no smart killers stay in the same place that they have executed. For now, Blood would watch from the back as everyone else did the work for her. "Don't show yourself that much. I don't need you ruining my plans. In fact, I don't even need you here to be completely honest."

4tc1kqT.jpg?1

At Baldur's theory, Lessa nodded. "That makes sense," she answered, before pivoting to move toward the mountain. Odds were likely that Wyson was no longer in the vicinity, but if a storm as wild as this had found him, would he not have sought shelter? Mother nature must have read her mind, because a sudden crack of thunder shook the forest. Lessa imagined it being the last cry of protest while a dam gave way, as rain finally began to fall in sheets. She was soaked through before she knew what was happening. Uttering a string of curses, she moved into a run, closing the distance between herself and the players ahead.

She was swiping helplessly at the water in her eyes as she fell into step beside Morgenstern. "Anything?" she asked him, before taking a look around herself. They found themselves nestled in the last row of trees, tucked up against the mountain's steep face. It was still dark here, due to the canopy cover, and the now-raging storm. But as she squinted through the downpour, she caught sight of what could only be a cave opening. "To me!" came her booming command. She hoped it could be heard over the storm's onslaught. Boots slipped in the wet underbrush as she stumbled her way into the newly found shelter. A taller player would be required to duck, but Lessa found that the cave opened the further in she walked. It would be possible to cram their large search party into the cave, but they would practically be standing in sin. So she ventured all the way in, and that was where she found the hastily constructed campsite.

"Well well. Nice find, Morgenstern." Offering the man a tight-lipped smile, Lessa made quick work of re-lighting the remains of the fire. The smoke drifted lazily through an opening carved overheard, either carved naturally, or by a previous occupant. Regardless, she was grateful for it, as it ensured that her party would not be smoked out. One by one, they trickled in while Lessa glanced around. What she found was the small fire pit, a pile of blankets and pillows, and a pot for cooking. A quick search of the make-shift bed also revealed a small book.

Flipping through the pages, Lessa stepped closer to the firelight. "Interesting," she mused aloud, before conducting a hurried headcount. Everyone was here. Good. "We lucked out," she told the other players, "because it's definitely Wyson's. On the inside cover, someone scribbled 'property of Wyson the Wise, do not read, at risk of death. This means you, Max.'" Sadness ghosted across her face at the lighthearted tone that the words took. "I skimmed while I waited for you guys, and most of his entries are just dramatic re-tellings of killing low-level mobs and exploring floors." It was fairly sweet, in truth. Lessa imagined she might have written something similar when she first entered Aincrad. "But I did find a few things of interest. The first is that a handful of names keep coming up: Max, Jess, Liam, Rin, and someone named Amanda, who Wyson notes hates being called Mandy. He teases them a lot, from the looks of it. Given the theatrical flair he uses, I can't really tell if it is entirely welcomed by them."

She pawed through to a new page, and continued. "I also found the words 'X marks the spot,' and coordinates written in a margin. He also drew a skull and crossbones symbol." Like a kindergarten teacher during story time, Lessa turned the book to show her team.

"Finally, I found this entry a bit interesting. It's the last one he wrote." Turning to the final page, she cleared her throat, and read. "We will venture back to the Fortress tomorrow morning, as we refuse to take no for an answer. For an establishment with such a powerful name, it must be the seediest place in all of Taran Village! But we fear nothing, not even the vile man who mans the bar!  What valuable information will our heroes succeed in extracting this time? Only time will tell, for adventure comes with the rising sun!" 

Lessa closed the book with a small thud, and scanned her companions. "I'm thinking we've got two options, at this point. Go check out the coordinates, or walk to Taran Village and try to find this Fortress he references. What do you think?"

Spoiler

In this cycle...

• Discuss the two options with the rest of the team.
  • You must choose one of two options:
    • Option A: The Coordinates
    • Option B: The Fortress
  • When you've made your decision, post which you prefer at the bottom of your post.
  • You may change your vote, but you will have to make another post to explain why your mind was changed.
  • You may post as often as you'd like this cycle, but ensure that at least three other people have posted first, to avoid spamming.
  • The next cycle will happen in approximately 24 hours, or when everyone has posted. Please notice that this time limit is a bit shorter than past cycles!
  • You are also welcome to brainstorm in the Mysterious Murders discord, but remember, all discussion there is OOC.
  • All questions can be directed to Lessa!
  • Click here for inspiration.

When the heavens opened up in a torrent of rain, Baldur simply smiled and turned his face to the sky. It was an impressive rainstorm, even by his standards, but where he grew up, this kind of a rain was common. Not to mention this was SAO, getting wet wasn't really a thing, it was one of those old habits from the real world that was so difficult for people to break. But it had rained so much on him as a child, that he just got used to it. He remembered people avoiding going to the beach in the rain... because they didn't want to get wet? The thought is what brought a smile to his face.

Rain and wind whipped at his hair, and his clothes, and made visibility difficult, but the gaijin samurai didn't increase his pace any to keep up. Instead, he lagged behind and made sure everyone knew where to go. The storm raging around him, and the man seemingly completely unconcerned with it.

"Over here, I think they found a cave!"

The large wanna-be samurai would have to duck his head to get into the cave opening, but was pleased when he saw that it opened up to a chamber large enough for all of them, and Lessa had already started a fire. He listened as she outlined the what she found in the book. What an oddity. Narcissism maybe?

"I don't know what the X marks the spot could entail, but it seems irrelevant to our mission. We're not going to find the murder weapon there. I really see our only choice being to head back to Taran and look for the fortress. It's not a big settlement, so there can't be that many buildings, let alone bars."

Baldur Chooses Option B.

I make my way through the forest as the skies suddenly decide to open up a storm of rain down pouring onto all of the players present as i just shrug my shoulders not really caring that much. i glance back to see my familiar quickly landing on the ground and running over towards me as i give him a smile and pets his head affectionately as i see players from the group making there way over. Nice job Kuro i'll make sure to cook you a nice meal when we get back home. I say rather happily as i keep a good eye on the surroundings all about till i hear a very faint shout of something about a cave. I tug gently on Ruby's clothes encase she didn't hear the shout. Come on @Ruby seems like there is shelter for the meantime. I say towards the blond haired girl as i then quickly make my way towards the supposed cave which does reveal itself as i quickly enter it and looks around. 'Campsite in a random cave? Definitely some player had to use this at some point.' I think to myself as i rest against the cave's wall sticking close to the entrance since if something comes from the front i can deal with the hits from being a tank.

I listen to Lessa talk about the book and nods my head as i look towards the ceiling of the cave thinking between the two options that are available, and the different benefits that could be provided from the two of them.After a few minutes of thinking i turn my head towards both @Lessa and @Baldur. Well to begin with the two things have two avenues for us to try and pursue this man. The first with the x marks the spot is possibly a future location he would try to head towards, or it is just there for some treasure he found awhile back. If it is the future location we can shorten our approach when trying to find Wyson by skipping over this Taran town to head towards some location he could've been in the future. At the same time it could've been a past location and a waste of our time. For the Taran village that is definitely the more safe option since it is a guarantee of where he had gone next from this position, but i will also point out that such a thing as he wrote down sounds like it was from awhile go if he still had friends. If this is still a fairly fresh campsite however that brings up a point we will need to consider. He has allies willing to fight with him, and this guy considers himself a hero for killing people. I say while looking towards the two people making sure this information is known as a possibility. Now that i layed out the pieces here i will state my vote. I want to go for the X marks the spot. It is a gamble, but sometimes gambles are worth it in the end.

Choosing to go to the X

@Morgenstern@Blood@Seul@Ronin Dragoon@Krysta@Vigilon@Jomei

Ronin hated the rain. 

It hindered his progress, and he didn't like the feeling of water in his shoes. This sour mood followed him into the cave where his "team" gathered, and the thought of being stuck inside the cave with so many people only frustrated him even more. Nevertheless, he had followed silently behind the group, and leaned against the wall of the cave as everyone else gathered around Lessa to hear what she had uncovered. The group was silent as Lessa spoke, that Ronin could hear the explanation perfectly from his left and the rain on his right. A debate arose over where to head next to track down the killer. 

He normally liked to rush towards his goals, but even this matter was so controversial it made him even angrier. At Wyson, at the team, and most importantly, himself, for not being able to make a clear decision in the midst of his confusion. He longed for a fight, and if it were his quest he would've gone to the X with the skull immediately, because the symbol of a skull always meant danger. But it wasn't his quest, he had followed along, and as much as he wanted to he knew he couldn't just lead the whole group into a death trap for his own selfish reasons. He struggled with his thoughts for a few more seconds and was about to speak in a harsh tone. "If you make a group of players as large as this turn on you, you might be digging your own grave deeper than Wyson's". He relaxed and took a deep breath.

"I disagree", he said in reply to @Hestia

"I don't want to take that chance. Wyson can't outrun us forever, and I'm not going to walk all the way over to that X just so we can stand there and wait for him to never show up. If we go to the village, we can find out what he did there and track him with more evidence. The X is a possible future location which means if he hasn't been there yet there won't be any clues to go off of. Besides, the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime, if a crime is what he and his lackeys committed in that village. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours".

(OOC: Ronin chooses to head to Taran Village)
@Morgenstern@Blood@Seul@Krysta@Vigilon@Jomei@Lessa@Baldur

Edited by Ronin Dragoon

The dark clouds above their heads lit up as an even louder crack of thunder boomed. The ginger player's eyes turned towards the sky as the rain immediately followed, large droplets of water pelting his face. The sound of Lessa calling out to the group could be heard from behind him, as all the players began rushing towards a small cavern they had found. Calling off his own search in the trees, Jomei followed with a quick pace. As he stepped up to the mouth of the cavern, a small frown formed on his face when he realized how tight the space was for someone of his size. With a heavy sigh, the man ducked his head and shoulders, and carefully made his way into the cave.

The group was met with an interesting find, an abandoned camp ground, still all of its provisions remaining in their place. Jomei, now able to stand up straight, walked to the sheets and pillows that were left there, checking them to see if they had just been used or not. His attention was brought away from his search as Lessa began to read through a book she had found, with the name Wyson written inside. The journal discussed various stories that made no difference to them, yet some of the newer entries deemed more interesting. The information they now had left them with two decisions, follow the coordinates to the "x" as the older entry states, or follow the newer entry and find The Fortress in Taran Village. 

The others began to discuss, Baldur believing it best to go to the village, while Hestia thought they should follow the coordinates. A third player, one who Jomei did not recognize, disagreed with Hestia, and essentially called her plan a waste of time. A sharp brow rose above Jomei's eye at the rude choice of words thrown at his friend, yet he held his tongue on the matter. "I actually have to agree.. if the newest entry in the journal talks about going to The Fortress.. we should be heading there. It would be safer in case we do run into him, being we will be inside a safe zone.. For the sake for much of the group, it may be smarter to do this without confrontation. Not only that, but from the sound of it.. it could be a spot he frequented." the Irishman continued, "Even if he is not there, I'm sure someone there knows more about him than us."

(Votes to go to The Fortress)

From what Vigilon could gather, the mountain base was the area with an actual clue. He headed over towards the other players that were searching the mountain, and suddenly the storm let loose on the group of players. "Augh, seriously? Now?" He heard Lessa call for the players to follow her, and he did so, running until he found and entered a cave. Vigilon waited for Krysta to enter as well, and he was willing to go back out there if she couldn't find her way through the storm's downpour. A voice beside him asked, "Hey, you aren't susceptible to colds, are you?" Vigilon turned to his left to see Kanari standing there, her blonde tresses soaking wet, and she was almost shivering. "I'm not sure players can get sick in this game, but that downpour sure was pretty cold, while the wind only made things worse." Vigilon heard Lessa speak of the journal she had found. The writing may have portrayed someone adventurous, yet slightly childish, maybe. If this really was Wyson, this could mean a lot of things. He thought carefully about the two options. "Well, if we are to chase Wyson down, the latest place mentioned, The fortress, should be our best bet. If the morning that was mentioned was this one, assuming this campsite is still fresh, he should be headed over there now, if he isn't there already." Honestly, from what he could gather, he was absolutely confused. He may have had a hopefully solid theory on where to go, but he couldn't understand, why did the journal not make any sense in regards to what was discussed at floor one? He couldn't wrap his head around it.

@Baldur @Krysta @Ronin Dragoon @Jomei @Seul @Morgenstern @Hestia @Blood @Ruby

@Lessa

-Vigilon has voted for Option B

I look towards the new player that has decided to speak up with a rather annoyed look mainly for the fact of choosing unnecessary words to try and get his point across. Look here whoever you are. I get that you would prefer the fortress, but you could go about saying that without insulting me that would be preferable. I say back towards the player as i then turn towards @Jomei as i look him in the eyes. Secondly Jomei i don't know how much you know of Taran Village, but i have had my time learning when i've helped players a lot who were lower leveled. Taran Village is a town of stone pillars and heavy military yes. However, i have never seen a castle or anything like that as a literal structure within the town which means that it is possible this fortress they speak of. Could be a dungeon, or just a little hideout that they use to have back before anything else. Furthermore, if you expect to find him within the town of Taran you would be sorely mistaken. Since as you said Taran is a safezone and Wyson is a player killer. Player killers can't get within safezones normally. I say as i look over towards Lessa as i make that point with a confused look. Speaking of that @Lessa how did Aereth even get into the Town of Beginnings? He is a player killer the guards should've kicked him out the moment he tried to step in.

I then look towards the wannabe samurai as i continue. Baldur while it is true we don't know what the X marks the spot could lead to it might be worthwhile to try and go there since this trail to this fortress could be a dead one since if the fortress is within Taran. We're not finding Wyson, and if he has any intelligence within him he wouldn't leave anything in such a hideout. The best we could maybe find is something like information on whoever his friends are, and that is assuming if his friends aren't in on it with Wyson then it could be possible they took there stuff leaving us with a dead fortress trail. The x marks the spot if it is out of safezones might be the perfect place to try and find him since it could be a place he would've gone back to once he started his killing spree. As a way of having a home when he knew he couldn't go back into settlements.

@Ronin Dragoon@Vigilon@Baldur

Baldur gave Hestia a soft smile, "I'm sorry Hestia, but there's no evidence that the skull and crossbones is a location he's visiting. It's probably buried treasure or some other kind of stash. No one would be dumb enough to leave a map to the other hideout in their backup borehol hideout. However, this bar he calls the fortress is mentioned in the journal as if the reader should know what it means. That also means that if Wyson isn't acting alone, the fortress is still a location we need to learn about. You have a point about him not being able to enter a safe zone, but the best player killers use bait to stay green. Get someone else to strike the first blow then you're killing in 'self defense' and as we've now learned, it seems there is a way for orange players to sneak in."

He shook his head to reiterate his point, "The smart move for the long game is to check out the fortress, and only if that comes up dry do we go to the skull and crossbones."

The moment Hestia said "without insulting me", Ronin's anger flashed inside him. He looked down, and at this point was no longer listening to whatever else Hestia had to say about him. In a moment of pure rage, his eyes widened, his muscles tensed, and he imagined drawing his sword, slicing straight through Hestia, hearing the sound of her scream, filled with agony and regret as she exploded into shimmering pieces.

"NO!" he told himself. "STOP THINKING THAT, YOU'RE NOT A KILLER!" He blinked hard. Ronin pushed the murderous thought away, but the anger still remained, even if it was a little less intense than a couple of seconds ago. "How dare she call me rude! Who does she think she is? I open my mouth to share my opinion and she humiliates me in front of everyone? How ungrateful of them, all of them! This is why I prefer to work alone". He noticed Hestia had finished speaking and was about to unleash his wrath upon her which consisted of a lot of yelling, but stopped himself. There was a whole group there. Just like earlier, he reminded himself that getting this group to turn on him would be a fatal mistake.

"Yeah, but it was already hard enough to calm myself down then, and just when I was able to force my opinion out, it's like they're testing me! My patience! What, you think it's easy to contain myself?" he thought, and attempted to relax, but failed. He gritted his teeth. "It's still their stupid 'quest'. I'd be wasting even more time if I retaliated now. Why did I sign up for this nonsense? I'm never joining a team ever again". Slightly satisfied with the compromise he had made with himself, he tightly clenched his fist and crossed his arms, so that no one could see. He remained silent and looked away from the group, still fuming but listening.