[PP - F2] <<The Venomous Warg>> The One who Becomes The Predator

With Macradon in tow, Sotarou entered the town and headed towards the nearest pub in [URBUS]. Hearing about where the NPC is, Sotarou made his way over to the corner where there was a bearded fellow with a hat. He gives Sotarou and Macradon a pleading look. If he recognizes Macradon, he doesn't give it away.

"You come for the bill I posted? I am Gatsly. I work as a mercchant, making just enough to support me and my family, but lately all of my supply caravans have been destroyed or chased away by a ferocious beast." He looks down at the floor, "I don't have much, but if you could slay the beast, I would pay you."

A dialogue box opens up:

ACCEPT QUEST?
YES          NO

Sotarou obviously pressed yes, then pressed another button to mark it as the active quest. Once, done, Gatsly points to Sotarou's map and marks on it where the beast is located. He mentions that it's a mutated, venomous wolf, deadlier than any other in the forest. He hands a vial of green liquid to each Sotarou and Macradon. Sotarou looks at Macradon with a smile. "Seems easy enough. We just need to fight a bunch of Wolves and then this bigger beast should come out. That's usually how boss types work. Beat up the minions, big boss comes out to see what's going on." He looks at Macradon. "Ready?"

(( Summary: Accepted Quest <<The Venomous Warg>> with equipment listed in Signature along with 2 Healing Potions ))

After handing in the Wasp Queen quest for Sotarou, the pair walked back towards the town. Macradon would hold the chain to Belphegor tight and close, making sure nothing bad would come out of this, just in case something would spark Belphegor’s interests that wasn’t needed at the current moment. This was a rare occurrence, the quest Sotarou had found in the pub in Urbus was a quest he hadn't’ done before. A scruffy merchant would talk with Sotarou since he was the Party Leader, somewhat disregarding Macradon’s presence. Letting Sotarou rule the dialogue, Macradon would sit tight and await. Macradon would smile and jump down from the small bar stool and grab the vial “Aye, but be careful, sometimes they spawn together with the small dregs. I’ll adjust my modifications for this battle” he said and made sure that his Howl skill and Focused Howl modification was set to what would be most preferable for Sotarou staying alive.

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 76
1565 HP
152 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
18 Base Damage
 (30 w/ Holy) (23 w/ Charge)
- (1 Base + 7 Skill + 1 Athletics + 9 Familiar)
116 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 81 Armor)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Armor of the Scarlet Templar ..... // +81 Mitigation
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Banner of Command ................ // +1 Base Damage. 1 Charge left.

Buffs

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +30 Damage Mitigation
Search and Detect          | Rank 5: +5 LD
Charge                     | Rank 5: +5 Damage on first hit
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 75 HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Extended Weight Limit    | +3 Spaces for Battle Ready Items
Howl                     | Adds +3 Hate each against up to 4 targets.

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 20 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Eneryg Cost of attacks by 3
Bull Rush                  | A successful Charge also stuns the target for 1 turn.
Focused Howl             | Adds +5 Hate against a single target.

Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20).
Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat.

Sotarou nodded to Macradon. It was kind of a surreal feeling... he was getting helped out by a member of the KoB! A year later, and the KoB was still helping him out! Even if indirectly... either way, Sotarou was glad for the help! If he was gonna get stronger quickly, this was the way to do it. Pulling up his map, he noted where the Warg and other Wolves were to be. "Alright. Seems simple enough. Just need to avoid getting poisoned for the most part. The wolves should be easy clean up, but... I don't know much about this Warg... just to be safe, we should try to keep him separated from the other Wolves. It'll probably do us more harm than good if they're all together." He really was walking in blind going into this... it was gonna be interesting, to say the least...

As the duo were walking towards the spot where the Warg was to be, Sotarou had just one thing on his mind at the moment... "Hey... Macradon... how did you join the KoB, if you don't mind me asking?" An innocent enough question... but an answer might at least help him understand the mentality behind the Guild that avenged his fallen friend... even if indirectly.

Stats

Spoiler

Sotarou - Level 3
60 HP
6 Energy
0 Accuracy
1 Evasion
Base Damage
- (1 Base + 1 Weapon Skill)
9 Mitigation
- (9 Armor)

Items
Bolt Blade ................................ // 8-10, Paralyze for 2 Posts
Lucky Straights ....................... // +2 to Loot Dice Rolls
Akaviri Samurai Armor ........... // +9 Mitigation, +1 Evasion

Battle Ready Inventory
x2 Standard Healing Potion ... // Heals 50 HP

Buffs

Skills
Curved Blade                    | Rank 1: +1 Damage
Heavy Armor                    | Rank 0: +0 Damage Mitigation

Skill Mods

Edited by Sotarou

Looking at the location Sotarou pointed out, Macradon would cross his arms, listen and observe. “Well, I haven’t done the quest before, only heard about it and noted some details down. From the details I’ve collected from just wandering around and eavesdropping on people through the time, I’ve come to this conclusion” he said and brought up his HUD to find his notes. “I’ll be able to one shot them no problem, but you won’t get any fighting experience of me taking care of the battles like that. What I can do is grab aggro for a round or two and kite them in a way that will help you get some hits in. If it gets out of hand, I’ll have to step in and attack. This will be a great exercise for you” Macradon said, looking at Sotarou with a smile. Macradon definitely had the stats needed to tank out their damage. Even with their poison, Macradon’s battle healing negated every ounce of damage they did. Looking over at Sotarou with a curious face, Macradon would answer the question posed at him “The process itself was very … straight forward I’d say. Happened like nothing and everything just sorta fit together and … happened” he replied. “You meet with the commander, giver out your vow of oath and are then knighted. I’m mostly doing those duties to this days, but we haven’t had many new members lately, and many old members have fallen out, losing their spark for the fighting on the frontlines. Even though I’m not Vice commander, I’ve been doing most of that work because out Commander and Vice Commander haven’t had the time, nor have they been present.”. He would ask Sotarou “Why did you ask?” with a friendly smile.

Sotarou just shakes his head. "Ah, no real reason... just curious, I guess..." Maybe if he turned out to be as nice as his perceptions show him... maybe he'd give the actual answer... maybe...

Either way, with Sotarou apparently leading the way since Macradon hadn't done this quest yet... even though it was rather low level.. the two were off to confront this enormous Warg... the trip was rather lengthy, but that didn't really matter to Sotarou. He was more just wanting to get this done. And that meant even if he didn't get experience from the kills themselves, he was gonna get the experience from the quest itself. That was the more important part. And so he continued towards his destination, his stance a determined one. There were times when a random sound popped up, but it was just the movement of an animal leaving the area so as not to get stomped by the high level player in the area.

After about an hour of searching... there it was... a little ways up was the Warg, sleeping soundly with 2 others while a third one was awake and alert... it didn't seem to have noticed the pair of them just yet... too far out to draw aggro. Sotarou looked at Macradon. "So. How do we wanna do this, exactly? You just taunt the group while I wail on the boss? Can you even survive that kind of onslaught?" He drew out his blade just to be ready.

Macradon chuckled “Fair enough” he replied and smiled, shaking off that question off of his mind. It didn’t seem like Sotarour was too honest with that answer, but it didn’t matter at the moment. The two would walk for a short while, not really conversing through their short journey, which was fine. Macradon didn’t need the conversation, but it would’ve probably made the walk more tolerable and less boring. As they arrived at the designated destination, Macradon would look at the battlefield. It was pretty open, the forest had this open field where warm light shined down upon the wargs, giving them a nice place to rest. “Aye, I’ll go in, taunt them all and take the brunt of the attacks. Don’t worry, I won’t get hurt, not matter the amount they damage me. Use this opportunity to memorise and fight around their attack patterns. At some point in the fight, they may shift their focus, all but the big one at least. If that happens, I hope you’ll be able to defend yourself for a short while, but if they are still at high HP, I’ll take them out when they look away from me” he said and readied himself. Tugging at the chain of Belpehgor, the cerberus would ignite its flames, engulfing its body in hellish red flames as he and Macradon engaged into battle. With a fierce roar from both the mighty knight and his companion, Macradon had initiated the battle for Sotarou to follow up.

- Health List -
[4,4,4,4] <Macradon>
1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 142/152 NRG <Howl> (-10)
[0,0,0,0] <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   6/6   NRG

<Wolf 1>               40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon>
<Wolf 2>               40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon>
<Wolf 3>
               40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon>
<Venom Snapper>
       150/150  HP ||   0 MIT || 35 DMG || 1 EVA                <Focus: Macradon>

Edited by Macradon

Sotarou chuckled as the battle was now underway. This was going to be rather rough if they turned... They don't exactly dish out small numbers... But Sotarou took this opportunity while the pack was focused on Macradon to get around the side and get a swing in. As he swung, the blade seemed to just glance off and deal no damage. This was just like when he fought that Queen Bee! He didn't have much practice with this kind of blade... he hoped his Katana was ready when he got back to Floor 1...

The Warg and it's compatriots howled back at Macradon as they were taunted into battle by this metal can! The smaller wolves got their licks in before the Warg got it's chance to shine! Except the first Wolf did nothing. Kind of anti-climactic... but the second one got a hit in! And while the second one was dealing damage, the third one got a superior strike on him only for the Snapper to actually miss its attack. It didn't matter if they only did a single point of damage each hit. They felt accomplished that they could deal damage to... whatever this thing was! And the Venom Snapper only had to get one solid hit in with Poison and that'd be all she wrote for the Man In The Metal Can!

Spoiler
ID Battle Craft Loot MOB Character Link Purpose Time
102821 2 10 8 4 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Venom Snapper Snarling Bite Macradon 2018-07-11 06:52:28
102820 9 2 13 9 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 3 Bite Macradon 2018-07-11 06:51:11
102819 2 11 20 7 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 2 Bite Macradon 2018-07-11 06:49:54
102818 3 3 11 5 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Attacking Venom Snapper - Fell Crescent / Wolf 1 Bite Macradon 2018-07-11 06:46:16

- Health List -
[4,4,4,4] <Macradon>
 1563/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG          <Howl>
[0,0,0,0] <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA <Fell Crescent>

<Wolf 1>               40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG          <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 2>               40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG          <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 3>
               40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG          <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Venom Snapper>
       150/150  HP ||   0 MIT || 35 DMG || 1 EVA <Focus: Macradon> <Snarling Bite>

Edited by Sotarou

As he stood there, taking in as many of the hits he could to distract them from Sotarou, Macradon would begin to yawn softly. Looking at his health bar ticking down so little that it was negligible, and not even just that, Macradon’s battle healing kicked in as well, bumping whatever was missing back up to full again like nothing had happened with him and the wolves. “See, Sotarou, don’t worry about me, I’ll take care” he said with a smile as he then drew his blade and gestured towards the larger of the pack, the one in funky colors, the one named ‘Venom Snapper’. “You’re going to fall today, like it or not!” he roared as Belphegor would stand by his side and roar with its three heads as well, hopefully intimidating their opponent. With the full focus on Macradon for the time being, he would stand still and look at Sotarou’s oncoming attacks and hopefully help him on how to angle his attacks better.

- Health List -
[4,4,4,10] <Macradon>
1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 135/152 NRG <Focused Howl: Venom Snapper>(-2)(+75)(+1)(-8)
[0,0,0,0]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   4/6   NRG (-2)

<Wolf 1>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon>
<Wolf 2>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon>
<Wolf 3>
<Venom Snapper>

Edited by Macradon

Sotarou chuckled as he just saw Macradon's health total just bump back to full. Guess it paid to have Battle Healing. And large amounts of mitigation. Though he had to imagine that at later levels, the mitigation and Battle Healing wouldn't do nearly as much to save him. But he now had mad focus on the Venom Snapper! This was his chance! Breathing, he made one more attempt to Stun this beast with another Fell Crescent! His grip tightened, but his Energy wasn't gonna be able to make a second one of these strikes... so he had to make it count! And with his swing, he struck true! And just as his blade was about to hit, it sparked with electricity, causing a dance along the blade which proc'd its Special Ability: Paralysis! So not only was it Stunned, it was Paralyzed! But... it didn't matter. The cooldown was still the same either way. The Warg wouldn't be able to attack this turn.

The Wolves were all in a frenzy as Macradon was making a show of territory, it seemed! They weren't about to cede their territory without a fight! The Wolves each made their attacks with the Venom Snapper making its attack after them. Or it would if it had not just been Paralyzed and Stunned. Rookie mistake, but... it'll live. The damage was rather minimal. Either way, the other 3 Wolves made their attacks, with the first one taking a proper bite out of the Man In The Metal Can. But again, it did hardly anything. The second Wolf gets a hit in as well, only dealing minimal damage. And the third one severely messes up, hurting its own jaw as it tried to clamp down hard on a full metal part. Not its finest moment... of course, all the Venom Snapper could do here was snarl.

Sotarou noticed the Venom Snapper's health not even go down a small bit... he sighed. "This is gonna take a while..."

Spoiler
102842 2 12 12 1 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 3 Attacks Macradon 2018-07-11 14:45:49
102841 7 11 8 5 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 2 Attacks Macradon 2018-07-11 14:44:53
102840 8 8 13 8 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Attacking Venom Snapper - Fell Crescent / Wolf 1 Attacks Macradon 2018-07-11 14:32:47

- Health List -
[4,4,4,10] <Macradon>
 1563/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC <Focused Howl: Venom Snapper> (-2)
[0,0,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA <Fell Crescent>

<Wolf 1>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG          <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 2>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG          <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 3>
                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG          <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Venom Snapper>
        148/150  HP ||   0 MIT || 35 DMG || 1 EVA <Focus: Macradon> <Snarling Bite> <Stunned, Paralyzed>

Edited by Sotarou

Looking at the situation Macradon would nod “Aye, your damage isn’t where it should’ve been for this quest, but that’s fine. Just give me some notice when you need me to clear them for you, either if you’re out of energy or if you find it tiresome to attack them, it happens for the best, even me.” he said with a smile as the small wolves bit down into his armor, dealing the most minimal damage possible, while also just being negated by his battle healing. With one last deep breath, Macradon would emit a mighty roar, establishing dominance over all of the wolves and the big warg. They had nothing that could touch him, he was too strong for them to be able to do anything, a pure meat shield. He would just stand ready, not really budging from place when the warg and its smallfry went after him.

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 126/152 NRG <Howl>(-2)(+75)(+1)(-10)
[0,0,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   1/6   NRG (+1)(-4)

<Wolf 1>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon>
<Wolf 2>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon>
<Wolf 3>
<Venom Snapper>

Edited by Macradon

Well, at least Macradon was still able to take the hits. He wasn't taking a single bit of damage and that was good. But now Sotarou was still slightly worried... he couldn't use any of his energy right now. He was out. Thankfully, he regained Energy at a decent rate... but for Macradon, he was using more energy constantly. Sotarou had to take a break. He couldn't do another of those Sword Skills. Sure, he could just attack normally, but... he'd be at a severe disadvantage, not dealing nearly enough damage... so he just waited it out, let his Energy get back up. "Give me a sec... to get my Energy back..." He sounded a little tired... but he still looked good enough to go.

As for the Wolves, they were heavily intent on the attack. They were gonna tear this tin can apart if it cost them their lives! The first Wolf doesn't even get past the metal. The second one does and he THINKS he gets a meaty hit... but it really wasn't anything. The third one misses as well... but it's the Venom Snapper that does its thing! Venom dripping from its fangs as it bites down... hard... hard enough to get past the armor and to pierce the skin a small bit... and apply its poison! This could be bad for Macradon!

Spoiler
103062 9 12 15 9 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Venom Snapper Attacks Macradon 2018-07-12 20:51:28
103061 4 11 12 3 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 3 Attacks Macradon 2018-07-12 20:51:10
103060 6 9 4 10 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 2 Attacks Macradon 2018-07-12 20:50:45
103059 5 11 9 3 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 1 Attacks Macradon 2018-07-12 20:50:30

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1563/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 126/152 NRG <Focused Howl: Venom Snapper>(-2)(+75)(+1)(-10)
[0,0,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   2/6   NRG (+1)

<Wolf 1>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 2>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 3>
                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Venom Snapper>
        148/150  HP ||   0 MIT || 35 DMG || 1 EVA                <Focus: Macradon> <Venomous Bite>

Edited by Sotarou

Macradon nodded at Sotarou as he just silently stood there, tanking all the hits. This wasn’t to prove anything to anyone, but a training exercise for Sotarou. Even if he did have the necessary damage to take out these monsters, if he couldn’t adjust himself to hit them, the extra damage would be futile and not add to anything. Standing there, Macradon would just slowly get hit and then heal it all back up again, taking this easier than it probably was designed, but either way, Macradon wasn’t having the most exciting day, but it was all in the name of helping Sotarou get stronger, and one day reach the frontlines. With every hit taken, his battle healing would heal back the damage 37 folds, being an overkill tank for a job like this. “That’s fine, I’ll just keep them at bay. Try to see if you can see their attack patterns and if they reveal anything when they attack or the like” he said, giving a small tip to Sotarou so he could try to spot when and where to attack.

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 127/152 NRG (-2)(-10)(+75)(+1) <Poisoned>
[0,0,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   2/6   NRG (+1)

<Wolf 1>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 2>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Wolf 3>
                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Venom Snapper>
        148/150  HP ||   0 MIT || 35 DMG || 1 EVA                <Focus: Macradon> <Venomous Bite>

Edited by Macradon
  • 2 weeks later...

Sotarou would nod to Macradon. "I'll try to keep an eye out. But I don't know how it'll go in any case. Just hope I get some lucky break and do some major damage or something..." It wasn't gonna happen, but it was nice to at least dream! So with some energy regained, he decided to use his other Skill. Taking a breath, he got into the proper pose, his sword glowing as he made his two strikes rather quickly! "Rage Blow!" Unfortunately, the attack glanced off the Venom Snapper and it did nothing to the creature. "Damnit! Come on!"

After that, the wolves then took their turn to attack Macradon some more. All that Hate was good for something. First, Wolf 1. It made a biting motion at Macradon. It hit, but it still only did the piddly little 1 damage. Same with Wolf 2, but this one thought it got more meat on there... but nope, it was just more metal. Still only 1 damage. Then the third Wolf had its try, failing to even get any damage in at all. And finally the Venom Snapper, opening its wide jaws to clamp down on Macradon's leg... only for it to chomp and hit nothing but air as its frustration was getting rather palpable by this point.

The poison the Venom Snapper had applied before was dealing its damage now... but it still wasn't enough to really be any threat... 10 damage unmitigated? Peh. Baby numbers for a Knight as powerful as Macradon!

Spoiler
103788 6 2 11 1 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Venom Snapper biting Macradon 2018-07-30 05:26:00
103787 9 1 12 3 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 3 Biting Macradon 2018-07-30 05:25:38
103786 9 4 10 10 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 2 Biting Macradon 2018-07-30 05:25:19
103785 1 5 15 2 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 1 biting Macradon 2018-07-30 05:23:28
103784 3 8 14 8 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Sotarou using Rage Blow on Venom Snapper 2018-07-30 05:23:05

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1553/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 127/152 NRG (+75)(+1) <Poisoned -10 damage, 1/3>
[0,0,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   1/6   NRG (+1)

<Wolf 3>
<Venom Snapper>

(( I did a stupid and accidentally forgot to say the purpose of my character roll also being for Wolf 1's attack. So I put down the Wolf 1 Biting Macradon roll just in case the ruling needs to change and Wolf 1 missing is the outcome. ))

Edited by Sotarou
  • 2 weeks later...

Macradon would look through the battlefield, glance over everything that happened. He noticed that a Poison condition had been triggered on him, withering his Health down faster than the monsters themselves, but it was to no avail, as his battle healing did more healing than they all were able to do to him. Being at full health again, Macradon would switch from just standing there, into a fighting stance. Not really sure on what would be the best call, if he should AOE stun the monsters, or if it was too risky and he would kill them in a single swoop. Taking in a deep breath, Macradon would make a decision and went by the small wargs, getting really close to the <Venom Snapper> in the blink of an eye as his <Charge> kicked in. Four feral attacks would begin to manifest as the Cardinal system guided his attack pattern, but to his misfortune, the Venom Snapper was ready for this engagement, dodging the four attack with ease. “Well, it’s more slippery than I had anticipated.” Macradon said with a chuckle as he prepared to receive the brunt force of the oncoming attacks, but he would probably be able to hit the <Venom Snapper> next time.

ID: 104451
BD: 1+2-1=2, Miss.
CD: 6, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used:

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 133/152 NRG (+75)(+7)(-2) <Poisoned -10 damage, 1/3>
[0,0,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   1/6   NRG (+1)

<Wolf 3>
<Venom Snapper>

Edited by Macradon
  • 9 months later...

Sotarou just wasn't getting anywhere with this fight at all... before, he looked solid and strong and ready to continue. But... as it was right now, he was tired... and that Venom Snapper was too hard to hit. So... he just took a breath and looked at Macradon. "How... how are you... recovering your energy... so quickly...? I hardly have enough to... use one or... or two abilities..." He stood back for a little while to recup his energy.

The Wolves, however, did not do any sort of thing, insisting on continuing their assault onto Macradon! The first wolf can get his fangs in there no problem, but still only dealing a minimal amount of damage.

Each of the other Wolves, however, tripped over one another in an attempt to get at this metal can! But nothing doing, tripping over each other and getting no progress. Well... except the poison from earlier. But what's a little poison now and again?

Spoiler
117493 1 1 16 10 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Attack from Venomous Warg 2019-05-21 06:59:29
117492 1 7 14 9 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Attack from Wolf 3 2019-05-21 06:59:09
117491 1 12 2 5 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Attack from Wolf 2 2019-05-21 06:58:57
117490 9 6 12 3 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Attack from Wolf 1 2019-05-21 06:58:42

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1554/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 133/152 NRG (+75)(+7)(-2) <Poisoned -10 damage, 2/3>

<Wolf 3>
<Venom Snapper>

Edited by Sotarou

Macradon would look at Sotarou and shrug with his shoulders “I’m not too sure, maybe just the experience and conditioning that happens on the frontlines.” Macradon replied, there wasn’t a skill that helped him replenish his energy, it was all in his gear and efficient usage of his energy, as well as the levels that did add to his energy gauge. “With time as you level, you’ll be able to use your Sword Arts more frequently, but that also means that you’d have to think of what to use and when, since you don’t want to waste your limited energy resource.” Macradon said and rushed into the fray, since the battle had dragged out long enough. As he jumped into the middle of the Venom Warg and Wolf party, one of the Wolfs would react and jump towards Macradon’s exposed back, but with Belphegor pinning down the Wolf as it was midair with his three heads, Macradon activated his sword art as he went into the stance for <Back Rush>. With his back turned, Macradon quickly made a downwards swing up over him, turned around, and sliced once into the wolf, making it shatter into pieces as the monster had been slain, now all Macradon was waiting for was the mere damage that would land upon him that he would just heal off again.

Spoiler

ID: 117504
BD: 8+2=10, Hit!
CD: 11, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Back Rush - 19x5=95 Damage to Wolf 1

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 135/152 NRG (+75)(+7)(-5) <Poisoned -10 damage, 2/3>

<Wolf 1>               -55/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG
<Wolf 3>
<Venom Snapper>

Edited by Macradon

Sotarou just stood there in awe as Macradon just... ended that Wolf in one blow! It was rather... awesome to behold! But he was not one to be outdone! With more Energy to himself, he pushed himself towards another of the Wolves, leaving the Venom Snapper to Macradon.

"I want at least one hit! Rage Blow!" And his sword rang true and powerful, striking the second Wolf with a powerful double-cut, dealing 3 damage twice in a quick double-slash! "Yeah! I finally hit with this sword! It doesn't look like I did much damage... I really can't wait until I can use my Katana." And the damage dealt also caused Paralysis in the Wolf.

Spoiler
117505 9 11 2 2 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Sotarou Attack: Rage Blow against Wolf 2 2019-05-21 12:38:01

The wolves, undaunted by the felling of one of their own, started snapping and biting at the canned man! The second Wolf made a huge lunge but didn't do much with it. The other two fared better... The Venom Snapper also seemed to reset the poison that had ticked onto Macradon, and the other one giving Macradon another single point of damage.

Spoiler
117508 5 6 12 3 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 2: Biting Macradon 2019-05-21 12:44:35
117507 4 7 20 8 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 3: Biting Macradon 2019-05-21 12:44:17
117506 5 5 17 6 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Venom Snapper: Biting Macradon 2019-05-21 12:43:51

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1553/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 135/152 NRG (+75)(+7)(-5) <Poisoned -10 damage, 0/3>
[0,2,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   1/6   NRG (+1) (-2)

<Wolf 1>               -50/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG
<Wolf 2>                34/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite> <Paralysis>
<Wolf 3>
<Venom Snapper>

(( Note: I had been using the Battle Dice for the rolls in the past. I only realized this recently, and forgot there was a Mob roll. I will use the Mob Dice from here on. ))

Edited by Sotarou

Taking just a bit more from the wolves and the Venom Snapper, Macradon would just stand and let them hit as Sotarou landed a hit on one of the wolves. Going down into a low stance with his sword raised up beside his head with the tip towards the hurt wolf, Macradon didn’t even need Belphegor to pin down the wolf, since Sotarou had already set it up for execution with a paralyzation. Quickly  stepping up the wolf, Macradon would stab with his sword with such fierce force that the wolf shattered into crystals and flew in the direction that Macradon had stabbed. Looking over at Sotarou, Macradon would smile and have an embarrassed expression on his face “Sorry for taking the kill, I’ll try to let some of them be taken out by you” he said and turned towards the Venom Snapper, ready to redo a setup for Sotarou.

Spoiler

ID: 117529
BD: 4+2=6, Hit!
CD: 10, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Straight - 19x2=38 Damage to Wold 2!

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 140/152 NRG (+75)(+7)(-2) <Poisoned -10 damage, 0/3>
[0,2,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   1/6   NRG (+1) (-2)

<Wolf 2>               -60/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG
<Wolf 3>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Venom Snapper>

Edited by Macradon

Sotarou just waves a hand at that. "Oh... nono. Pay no mind... I'm just happy I hit something. I don't think I could meaningfully deal enough damage in any meaningful amount of time... it might just be better to end this quickly now... I've tried my best. I can't deal enough damage... so..." He just takes time to recuperate once more... darned the energy pool he had... maybe he could get that figured out later or something with some gear... regardless of getting better gear however, it was still infuriating that he had this much trouble with a mob that should have been so much easier to deal with! Not to say that these Wolves were easy... a few hits, and he was dead... but he wasn't gonna let that happen! He HAD to survive! He just HAD to!

Meanwhile, the lone Wolf and Snapper still snap at Macradon. The Wolf misses, but the Snapper hits again, refreshing the poison once more. The timer on the poison reset... which, while annoying, is nowhere near life-threatening for the stupid amount of Battle Healing that Macradon has.

Spoiler
117539 9 9 18 5 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Wolf 3: Biting Macradon 2019-05-21 14:41:05
117538 7 1 3 8 Sotarou Msg_hover2.png Venom Snapper: Biting Macradon 2019-05-21 14:40:34

Sotarou did take some notice that... as Macradon struck down that one Wolf, it landed aside from the rest of the group... and suddenly had an Exclamation Point above its body... a quest...?

- Health List -
[8,8,8,14] <Macradon>
 1554/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 140/152 NRG (+75)(+7)(-2) <Poisoned -10 damage, 0/3>
[0,2,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   2/6   NRG (+1)

<Wolf 3>                40/40   HP ||   0 MIT || 25 DMG                         <Focus: Macradon> <Bite>
<Venom Snapper>

Edited by Sotarou

With only to left, Macradon wouldn’t think much of it and would go in for an AOE attack aimed mainly at the Venom Snapper, knowing that this attack would not fully kill it unless he got a critical hit, he would be able to take care of both killing a wolf and leaving the Venom Snapper at low health, probably not low enough for Sotarou to take out, but maybe Macradon would be able to set it up even further. Thinking of his weakest AOE attack, Macradon would not activate it, since it would be too strong to just let the monster live, instead he would go for his old sword art <Fight Blade>, dealing a quick multi-hit sword art that left the Venom Snapper stunned as all of its vital joints had been slashes or pierced by Macradon’s blade. Macradon might’ve held back, but he was ready for Sotarou to take on the Venom Snapper when he felt like it. “If you want to, you can try to deplete som more health of the big one, I’ll take care of the smaller one next.” Macradon said and prepared himself

Spoiler

ID: 117554
BD: 5+2-1=6, Hit!
CD: 9, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Fight Blade - 19x6=114 Damage to Venom Snapper!

- Health List -
[8,8,8,16] <Macradon>
 1565/1565 HP || 116 MIT || 18 DMG || 2 ACC || 141/152 NRG (+75)(+7)(-6)
[0,2,0,1]  <Sotarou>    60/60   HP ||   9 MIT ||  2 DMG || 1 EVA ||   2/6   NRG (+1)

<Venom Snapper>
         34/150  HP ||   0 MIT || 35 DMG || 1 EVA                <Focus: Macradon> <Venomous Bite> <Stunned>

Edited by Macradon