[F21 PP] <<Trouble in the Mines>> Baldur & Shield

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 1 [+0 EN] Meditation [4/5] Healer [4/4] Vengeful Riposte [3/3]

Action: Energize > Baldur [Shield: -10 EN, Baldur: +8 EN]

[H:0/0] Shield - HP: 1349/1590 | EN: 51/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
[H:0/0] Baldur - HP: 
975/1110 | EN: 56/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

Drake Skins: 11/20

<< Drakeling 15 >> HP: 0/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]
<< Drakeling 16 >> HP: 251/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

Drake Attacks:

Drakeling 16 - ID# 110603 results: MOB: 4 [+2+1=10 - Hit! 200-169=31 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

"Baldur, are you feeling alright?" Shield asked, raising an eyebrow at him which, by all rights, should have been burned off long ago by the drake flames. "If that's a euphemism, it's one I'm unfamiliar with." He turned his attention to the end of his blade, focusing his thoughts and energy there, watching as the dot charged up into its full size and tossing it towards his companion. "One down, another to go, and then a million more after, right?" he jested, a little exasperated at just how many they had already had to mow through. "It's been a long time since I've grinded this many of the exact same mob without a break. Not that we can't handle it, but it does become a little tedious."

The remaining drake of the pair swooped down on him, clawing at Shield's arms with its hind legs. The damage registered, but immediately began to heal up, the scratches vanishing among the remaining burn marks. "You're going to have to do a little better than that to make a difference, small fry," he mocked, pushing it back with his shield.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Heh, sorry Shield. I knew it was an odd one as soon as it came out of my mouth."

Baldur glanced at the remaining drake, and activated <<San Ge>> making short work of the flying creature, and finding another skin.

"It's an old saying, from the guy who held the world record for winning the most Iron Man races. The world's most difficult triathlon."

Baldur turned to look at the next two who were preparing to attack them and readied himself to dodge the inevitable fire.

"He had an intense regimen, basically performing a quarter iron man every day. He was lean, and strong, and incredibly determined. He was so hungry for victory, he did everything he could think of to give him an edge, including WASHING HIS COTTAGE CHEESE. It eventually became an expression to mean that your dedication is so extreme, that ven for a guy who didn't need to count calories, he believed that every advantage was what he needed. Did it make a difference? Who knows, but he believe that if it did make a difference, he needed that edge."

The samurai turned to smile at the indomitable tank.

"So would the songs make a difference? Maybe, maybe not. But if they are the difference, I would rather have them then not. If if becomes the difference between someone living or dying, I want them."

@Shield

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+33 HP

Action: San Ge [Baldur: -14 EN]
ID#110610 BD: 2+5-1=6 (hit) = Dead Drake
ID#110611 LD: 18 (+1 skin)

[H:0/0] Shield - HP: 1349/1590 | EN: 51/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
1008/1110 | EN: 43/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

Drake Skins: 12/20

<< Drakeling 16 >> HP: 251/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

Edited by Baldur

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 6 [+3 EN] Meditation [5/5] Healer [0/4]

Action: Energize > Baldur [Shield: -10 EN, Baldur: +8 EN]

Free Action: Healer [+135 HP]

[H:0/0] Shield - HP: 1361/1590 | EN: 45/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
1008/1110 | EN: 51/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 17 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]
<< Drakeling 18 >>
 HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]

Attacks:

Drakeling 17

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 110612 results: MOB: 8 [+2+1=7 - Hit! 100 dmg]
AoE vs. Baldur - ID# 110613 results: MOB: 8 [+2-3=7 Hit! 100 dmg]

Drakeling 18

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 110614 results: MOB: 10 [+2+1=8 - Hit! 100+2=102 dmg]
AoE vs. Baldur - ID# 110615 results: MOB: 1 [Miss]

"I mean, is that about on par with fishing in dark caverns just to try to get at as many chests and pieces of armor as possible just for the slim chance of one of them maybe having an enhancement that adds to my build without having any that detract from it?" he called out, just spotting the approaching wings of more drakes flitting around the corner. "If so, I've washed my fair share of cottage cheese myself." He chuckled a little to himself at how ridiculous those words were coming out o his mouth.

His energy was running down, and fast. "It's going to be all you before long here, Baldur. I'm almost out!" He held out his blade, funneling a little more energy out, watching as his bar dipped down into the critical range, firing it off for Baldur just around the time that a new double wave of fire overtook them. Just before it hit, he felt the fangs of his familiar sink into his neck, and his health replenished nearly back to full. He dug in his feet and kept his ground, but his health by the end of it had dropped back down to right where it had been before. "Speaking of grinds..."

Edited by Shield

"Yea, that does sound like washing the cottage cheese, especially if you continue using a consumable every time you identify."

Baldur saw as a few more drakes flew in, and both of the HP was fine, but their energy was low.

"That's fine. These things can't kill me before they're dead. Why don't you step back, and once they've used their fireball, take the time to focus on Meditation. If you can get me another energize, it should give us enough for another set of drakes after this one before needing to rest."

Just as he spoke, another pair of fireballs rocketed towards them. Baldur was able to dodge one, but landed in the middle of the second. The fire singed him, but did little to his very large health pool. With is accuracy and damage as it was, neither he nor Shield were in any danger, they just needed to keep their energy up and going as long as possible.

"Alright, here I go!"

Baldur crouched down and activated another <<charge>> for his <<San Ge>> and the crimson bands of the <<Muramasa>> blew through the Drake, shattering it into thousands of polygons.

"Damn, no drops from that one"

Action: San Ge [Baldur: -14 EN]

[H:0/0] Shield - HP: 1361/1590 | EN: 45/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
1041/1110 | EN: 38/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 17 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]
<< Drakeling 18 >>
 HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]

Attacks:

ID# 110798 BD: 9 (Crit) = Dead Drake
ID# 110799 LD: 2 (no Skin)

Drakeling 18

Edited by Baldur

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 12 [+3 EN] Meditation [5/5] Healer [1/4]

Action: Run Away! - ID# 110829 results: Loot: 10 [+0=10 - Partial Success: Monsters fail to attack]

[H:0/0] Shield - HP: 1361/1590 | EN: 49/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
1008/1110 | EN: 51/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 17 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]
<< Drakeling 18 >>
 HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

Attacks:

N/A

"I do use a consumable each time I go through my piles of gear, but I double up on my ID's with a Crafter's Respite so I get double the mileage," Shield added, his eyes flickering to their depleted energy bars once again. "So I'm still washing cottage cheese, but more efficiently. Maybe think like... putting my cottage cheese in the dish washer to do the hard work for me." The image was an odd one, and he was starting to think that he was making the conversation more strange than it already had been. "On a side note... I don't think Meditation is going to cut it. They can barely touch you. I need to buy about eighteen seconds. If I can get that, my energy will be back to full, and I can keep energizing you as long as need be."

He made a quick assessment of the drakeling's positions and spun on his left foot, darting for one of the nearby passages. The monsters turned over in midair and dove for him, and Shield had to drop to the ground and slide to avoid their attacks. Unfortunately, he had not given himself enough momentum for the maneuver to take him safely outside of the effective battlefield. Once the drakes were past him, he kipped back up onto his feet, but he was still no closer to an exit. "Make that twenty four seconds..."

Edited by Shield

"Well then, I guess we'll call this one the last one."

Baldur crouched down in his very familiar position, the pre-motion required to activate his <<charge>> attack, and then followed by the pre-motion required to activate his <<San Ge>> katana sword art. The <<Muramasa>> began to glow with that vicious red light, before Baldur released the art, and the system took him over, moving his body at speeds no person could match. The slashes tore through the body of the <<Drakeling>> until all it seemed to be was covered in the red after image of Baldur's sword, or the exposed red wire-frame mesh that made up it's 3d sprite.

"I have to say, I feel so much better having buffed up for this quest now. It's a shame these last few drakes haven't given us what we're after, but at least we've moving through them must faster."

Baldur whipped the sword around in a while as if throwing invisible blood onto the floor before he sheathed the cursed weapon.

"But now I guess we need to wait and recover our energy."

@Shield

Action: San Ge vs Drakeling 18: [-14 Energy]
ID# 110932 BD: 8+5-1 = DEAD DRAKELING
ID# 110933 LD: 4 (No Draking skin found)

[H:0/0] Shield - HP: 1361/1590 | EN: 49/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
1074/1110 | EN: 24/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 18 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]  (No skins found)

Edited by Baldur

Passive [+45 HP] [+1 EN] Passive Energy Recovery [1/2]

Shield - HP: 1406/1590 | EN: 50/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

"We do," he said, leading the way around the corner away from where the enemies had been massing. "It never feels good to run away, but considering how many we've mowed through, I can't call that first wave a complete failure." He opened his menu, checking through the exact amount of skins they had managed so far. "All things considered, we're not doing too shabby. We've already blown the bare minimum out of the water. Twenty is more than doable at this point. Especially with that 'damned' blade of yours cutting them down as quick as they can."

He watched the energy counter tick back up, leaning against the wall of the mine shaft. "I suppose I'm not quite dead weight. You would have needed to recover energy far earlier than this. Who knows? You may have even taken a second attack by now," he chortled, marveling at the superior evasion of the samurai and how well it had served him in the fight. "I don't think Beat could do any better himself in this situation. Maybe Zandra, with her top tier AoE, but even that has its limits. She'd have run out of energy pretty quickly, so even that wouldn't have been a one-shot."

@Baldur

[H:0/0] Baldur - HP: 1107/1110 | EN: 25/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5 (+1 Energy, +33 HP)

"Yea, this certainly hasn't gone as planned, but I think we've found something that works better. It's amazing how much a couple of spare rare buffs can help out. Now that we're capable of one-shotting them, you become a backup battery that let's me last much, much longer than I would be able to otherwise."

Baldur gave a soft chuckle, "but I'm definitely not volunteering to help anyone with this quest. It's not as bad as that quest I stumbled onto on the cave floor, <<Hidden Village>> but it it is certainly taking the cake for length and effort. But then, we are going for the bonus points."

Baldur sheathed the <<Muramasa>> and followed Shield away from the spawning ground of the <<Drakelings>>. Baldur didn't consider this retreating, rest was an essential piece of combat. He didn't remember who, just that it had been a Navy seal, who had told him rest was a weapon. 'Never run when you can walk, never walk when you can stand, never stand when you can sit, and never sit when you can sleep. Sleep was a weapon.' He had been speaking about a slightly different, situation... but not terribly so. People who did not rest, cracked. Or got reckless and died.

(out of combat 1/3)

Passive [+45 HP] [+1 EN] Passive Energy Recovery [2/2]

Shield - HP: 1451/1590 | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

"Nothing ever goes exactly according to plan," Shield sighed, glancing around the dungeon of a mine that they were in. "I mean, did either of us plan to be stuck in this game?" He spat on the ground and wiped the side of his nose. "In any case, luck tends to favor the well prepared, so the fact that two of the best prepared of their builds made it this far despite the sheer numbers is unsurprising." Behind them, Shield could hear a beating of wings and a confused screeching. The players were well out of sight from the spawning ground, but it seemed that the game had not forgotten they were there.

Checking his HUD, Shield gave a slight nod. "In any case, your battery is fully charged. As soon as you're topped off, we can head back into the fray. If anything, I might just jump in early to burn through their flame AoE. Give the 'squishy' a little less grief to have to worry about." He tested his neck, stretching it this way and that before rolling it in a wide circle and declaring it good. "Who knows? If you take too long, my thorns might even start ganking your kills," he jabbed, swinging his mundane, practically useless blade and turning his back on the samurai. He gave a slight hitch step and jogged off around the corner to face the drakelings.

Edited by Shield
  • 2 weeks later...

Baldur chuckled at Shield's jest of his thorns stealing Baldur's kills if he took too long joining the fight. As great as the thorns were on Shield's armor, if he didn't get hit, then the thorns did little damage, and the thorns themselves would not proc on a hit from the fireballs, which seemed to be the only way those draklings could hurt them.

"You are right though, about being prepared. I think we showed in the dark elf battle how much that was a game changer when people came prepared. And they didn't even come as prepared, or as consistently, as I would like. But that's why we're starting this venture of ours, right? Let's get the frontline organized and prepared, and see what we can really do."

Baldur gave a slight smile as he saw his energy ramp up some more.

"It'll be a sight to behold, won't it?"

(out of combat regen 2/3)

@Shield

Edited by Baldur

Passive [+0 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 10 [+3 EN] Meditation [5/5] Healer [1/4]

Action: None

Shield - HP: 1430/1590 | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

<< Drakeling 19 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]
<< Drakeling 20 >>

Attacks:

Drakeling 17

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 111978 results: MOB: 1 [Miss]

Drakeling 18

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 111979 results: MOB: 3 [+2+1=6 - Hit! 100=100 dmg]

Shield popped around the corner just in time to have two waves of flame flood trough the mineshaft towards him. The first, he managed to duck, but even as he did, the other washed over him. His health dipped even as his healing kicked back in, and he sighed, instinctively wiping at what in the real world would have easily been singed eyebrows. At the moment, he did not have anything pressing that needed doing. His health was not low enough to need a heal, and with Baldur one-shotting everything, he did not even need to sharpen or howl.

"Don't worry about me," he called out to Baldur, raising his shield in defense. "I'll just be here getting burnt and chewed on until you decide to join me again." Shield swatted with the flat of his blade, driving the nearest drake back and away. Granted the hits they dealt were hardly a threat, it was still not an irritation he was eager to put up with unnecessarily. The nearer of the two landed on his shield and began chewing on the edge, its teeth scraping loudly as it failed to find any meat. "Man, they must have been hungry without me to gum on."

Edited by Shield

"Excellent! I prefer my canned food to be thoroughly cooked!" Baldur called out to the tank with a smirk on his face as the man took a blast of fire from the drake full on. He was lucky they had no risk in this fight. Their large HP reserves meant that it would take a pair of drakes forever to actually put them into the yellow, and Shield would probably regen his HP faster than the Drakes could do damage. Now that Baldur was hitting consistently and one-shotting the drakes, they seemed to be moving along at a good clip to be able to get this reward. A much different morale from the feeling at the beginning of the fight when he seemed to be going through energy far too fast for the number of drakes they were killing.

"So after this, are you gonna make any drake skin boots? I feel like we should have enough from twenty some odd of the little buggers for some kind of a momento. Maybe a belt or something?"

The wanna-be samurai slowly stood up from where he rested as his energy finally flashed over to full.

"There we go! Now let's get this party started in here!"

(3/3 out of combat rest. Energy full)

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 1 [+0 EN] Meditation [5/5] Healer [1/4]

Action: None

Shield - HP: 1478/1590 | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

<< Drakeling 19 >> HP: 251/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]
<< Drakeling 20 >>
 HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

Attacks:

Drakeling 19

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 112270 results: MOB: 5 [+2+1=6 - Hit! 200-169=31 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

Drakeling 20

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 112271 results: MOB: 2 [+2+1=5 - Miss]

With the samurai rejoining the fight, it was time to start focusing on tactics. "So the game has changed from 'make them take thorns' to 'keep Baldur swinging as long as possible.' That means holding onto energy first and worrying about making them hurt if something comes up." Since this was the first time in a little while that two drakes had been left standing, there were actual decisions to be made. As they lunged and swiped at Shield, one of them missed entirely while the other caught him on the shoulder. Its health dropper accordingly, suffering the pain of the tank's defenses.

"That one," he said, throwing his shield forward and pinning it to the wall. "Leave this one to me. I might be able to take it down to low enough hit points to make killing it a free swing for you. Blow your full attack on the full health," he said, nodding towards the less accurate of the drakes. "Depending on whether or not you miss, that'll tell me how hard I have to Howl to keep the pointy things off of you." The possibilities played out inside of his head, but regardless of which one presented itself, they had the fight well in hand.

Edited by Shield

"You've got your work cut out for you." Baldur said with a smile as he prepared his <<San Ge>> and <<Charge>>.

The sword art was fast. The system taking hold of Baldur's movements meant that he moved faster than any human possibly could. It wasn't a skill of Baldur's, nor did it have anything to do with his having practiced with the Katana in the real world. The system here was made for anyone to be able to become a deadly blademaster. What experience gave you, was the time to it took to activate the sword art. Baldur had used this one possibly thousands of times. He had no real idea how many times he had stepped into the pose that would activate the sword art, but he had long grown familiar with that sweet spot of activating it, but not releasing it. It was like driving a stick shift. Every car had that one spot where the clutch would catch, and learning it was different for every car. Once you were familiar with that spot, you could get the car to operate smoothly.

Baldur had used this sword art so many times that it was perhaps the most natural thing he could do. <<Charge>> and <<San Ge>>. He was perhaps the most expert and practiced katana user in Aincrad. At least, among all the ones he knew. He may not hold that title forever, but someone would have to work hard to take it from him.

"How are those thorns coming? I'm gonna try and kill steal it from you." Baldur said with a smile on his face that spoke of laughter behind his steel blue eyes.

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+33 HP

Action: San Ge [Baldur: -14 EN] 24 (base) +5 (Charge) =29x14 (San Ge)=406 (raw) -15 (Mit) = 391 DMG Dealt
ID# 112316 BD: 4+5-1=10 (hit)

Shield - HP: 1478/1590 | EN: 146/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
Baldur - HP: 1110/1110 | EN: 95/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 19 >> HP: 251/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]
<< Drakeling 20 >>
 HP: -41/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

ID#112317 LD: 8 (skin found)
Drake Skins: 13/20

@Shield

Edited by Baldur
corrected HP to include Battle-Healing during downtime

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 7 [+3 EN] Meditation [5/5] Healer [1/4]

Action: Focused Howl > Drakeling 19 [-7 EN, 1/3]

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1526/1590 | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
[H:0] Baldur - HP: 1008/1110 | EN: 95/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 19 >> HP: 152/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 2/4] - ID# 112342 results: MOB: 6 [+2+1=8 - Hit! 200-169=31 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]
<< Drakeling 20 >> HP: -41/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

Drake Skins: 9/20* [Checking for errors]

Shield watched as the other drake was shattered before nodding and turning back to the one he had pinned. Filling his lungs, he puffed out his chest and charged the air with the skill that would net the most potent concentration of focus without wasting energy, his <<Focused Howl>> skill mod. "Hey, scale head!" he bellowed, the creature now plastered to the wall by the force of his air rather than his shield. "You gonna look at the guy with the pony tail over there, or are you going to look over here?"

The drake screeched out of rage and confusion, blindly scratching at the thing that had just assaulted it with sound. Shield took the hit, watching as the now even more confused drake took far more damage from the attack than it had managed to deal. "Looks like your job should be pretty simple," Shield said with a satisfied twist of his lips. He stepped back, giving the Gaijin room to swing. "Don't worry. I softened him up for you." He checked his vitals, but they all seemed solid, improving rather than declining even despite the hit.

Edited by Shield

"That's actually pretty helpful, if you can get them down to that level of HP."

Baldur whipped his sword around into a different, rarely seen stance, and activated the sword art <<Gen Getsu>>. It had been a long while since Baldur had used that sword art, but at one time it had been his go-to. His katana slashed the air, and the red arc of light wobbled from his blade which cut air, and crashed into the Drake , the arc of light severing the creature into two pieces before it was destroyed in an explosion of luminous mirror shards.

"Alright, I'm ready for the next two. Looks like I miscounted my stacks in my inventory though, I think we're only up to 9 out of 20 Drake Skins, so we've got our work cut out for us. Just a shame these aren't at least loot mobs."

Turning to face the chamber where the drakes seemed to come from in endless supply, Baldur tried to be ready for the fireballs he knew were coming.

Action: Gen Getsu > Drakeling 19 [-6 EN]
ID#112366 BD: 3+5-1=7 (hit)
24 (base) +5 (Charge) = 29 x6 (Gen Getsu) = 174 (raw) -15 (Mit) = 159 DMG Dealt

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1526/1590 | EN: 143/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
[H:0] Baldur - HP: 1110/1110 | EN: 90/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 19 >> HP: 152/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 2/4] - ID# 112342 results: MOB: 6 [+2+1=8 - Hit! 200-169=31 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]
<< Drakeling 20 >> HP: -41/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

Drake Skins: 9/20
ID#112367 CD 2 (no skin found)

@Shield

Edited by Baldur

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 11 [+3 EN] Cool Downs - Healer [2/4]

Action: Energize > Baldur [Shield: -9 EN, Baldur: +8 EN, 2/3]

Shield - HP: 1390/1590 | EN: 138/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
Baldur - HP: 1009/1110 | EN: 98/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 21 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]
<< Drakeling 22 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]

Attacks:

Drakeling 21

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 112388 results: MOB: 3 [+2+1=6 - Hit! 100 dmg]
AoE vs. Baldur - ID# 112389 results: MOB: 9 [+2=11 - Hit! 100+1=101 dmg]

Drakeling 22

AoE vs. Shield - ID# 112390 results: MOB: 5 [+2+1=8 - Hit! 100 dmg]
AoE vs. Baldur - ID# 112391 results: MOB: 2 [+2=4 - Miss]

Drake Skins: 9/20

Shield nodded, watching as the shards of the last of the wave of mobs dissolved into the air like sublimating snowflakes. "I'm not normally going to have two cracks at their health before you swing like that," he answered, looking all around to spot the newcomers that would inevitably be dropping in. He saw them too late, watching as the flames washed over him like water, scorching his avatar, but leaving him relatively unmarked, much unlike real life flames. He coughed out a lung full of smoke.

"So just a little over half left," he sighed. "At least the experience should pay off, though I agree, paying off in loot would be nice as well." Glancing at the health bars that the drakes had, and knowing how much of it had vanished when they hit his thorns, he shook his head. "Not even close though. They're probably less than half the strength they'd need to be." It was a nice thought to be able to stack up the loot from this many kills, but that was a dream for another outing and another set of mobs to grind.

Edited by Shield

"There we go!" Baldur said, after picking up their 10th drake skin following their 21st drake exploding into light around them.

"Now we're halfway there!" He brushed at the scorch marks on his avatar's coat, annoyed, but knowing that time would cause the CGI decal to fade from the fabric. Just like being wet didn't require you to dry off, you just had to not be in an effect that added the wet effect. Still, the attention to detail was amazing. There were so many little things they did in the game that made you forget that you were in a game. Had this been a game and not a death trap, Baldur probably would have spent most of his life in the game anyways. Instead, they were literally living the game, and fighting for their life. Thankfully he continued his normal MMO trend of never dying.

At least, until the end game anyways.

The fact that they had managed to one shot so many bosses with so few casualties was actually quite amazing. Normally players died a lot to learn the  mechanics of a boss and being able to win.

Action: San Ge [Baldur: -14 EN] 24 (base) +5 (Charge) =29x14 (San Ge)=406 (raw) -15 (Mit) = 391 DMG Dealt
ID#112434 BD: 2+5-1=6 (hit)
ID#112435 CD: 8 (+1 skin)

Shield - HP: 1390/1590 | EN: 138/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
Baldur - HP: 1042/1110 | EN: 85/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 21 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]
<< Drakeling 22 >> HP: 350/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 0/4]

Drake Skins: 10/20

Edited by Baldur

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+79 HP] Recovery - Craft: 10 [+3 EN] Cool Downs - Healer [3/4]

Action: Energize > Baldur [Shield: -9 EN, Baldur: +8 EN, 3/3]

Shield - HP: 1438/1590 | EN: 133/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
Baldur - HP: 1042/1110 | EN: 93/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 22 >> HP: 251/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4] - ID# 112470 results: MOB: 6 [+2+1=9 - Hit! 200-169=31 dmg, THN: 99 dmg]

Edited by Shield

(rolling)

Action: San Ge [Baldur: -14 EN] 24 (base) +5 (Charge) =29x14 (San Ge)=406 (raw) -15 (Mit) = 391 DMG Dealt
ID#112470 BD: 6+5-1=10 (hit)
ID#112471 CD: 3 (no skin)

Shield - HP: 1438/1590 | EN: 133/146 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 79 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT
Baldur - HP: 1075/1110 | EN: 80/108 | DMG: 24 | MIT: 79 | EVA: 3 | BLD: 36  | BH: 33 | ACC: 5

<< Drakeling 22 >> HP: 251/350 | DMG: 200 | MIT: 15 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 1 [Breath of Fire - Cooldown - 1/4]

Edited by Baldur