[PP - F5] Playing with Fire, I guess. << Blood in the Sand >>

Ruby in her newish outfit found herself on the fifth floor today hoping to finish up some of the last few quests that she needed to do on this floor, it wasn't many however there is a good chunk of quests she hasn't completed fully yet. She had spent a good portion of time re-exploring the area as it had been a minute since she had been on this floor before... however she had been feeling a bit more sweaty. She had found a bench to sit on and removed the hood from her head puffing out her chest and letting out a breathe in a form of a whistle wiping her head with her forearm "Man I forgot how hot this floor can be... I am sweating up a storm!" she had exclaimed out to herself as she had opened her inventory to pull out a water bottle and drink from it, however not drinking the full thing. A trail of red smoke just circling around her feet as Purb remains in his smoke form rather than his ball at the current moment.

@Embers

The 5th floor was…odd. Embers wasn’t a huge fan of it, she was used to the heat but this floor was heat to the extreme. It wasn’t her domain, but hey, she would live. Rowan on the other hand, the White-Tailed Hawk had been flying around since they’d arrived on this floor, and she was pretty sure her familiar was loving it. Embers grinned, opening up her inventory and flipping through the items, before finding the water she picked up before coming here. Just incase she felt the need. Placing it back in her inventory, the girl let out a yawn and looked around.

For once, Embers wasn’t wearing her combat armour, after all, no need. She instead wore a simple tank top, along with camo pants and boots. It was, in her opinion, perfect for casual hiking. Freedom of movement, and she liked to show herself off a little. She did enjoy it when people watched, and even more when she could hit them.

She made her way away from the teleporter, a kick in her step as she hunted around for, well, something to do. She had been trying to locate all the quest she could, and she was certain there was something she had missed on this floor.  

Ruby had simply puffed out a breath of air, thinking to herself, there had been a bit of quests she had needed to complete on this floor, and the floors below this one... however she had been ignoring the overly cold floor of floor four, if she could control it she wouldn't dare step on that floor. However with a shake of her head she had opened her inventory and read over the message she had received from a player about all the different quests that she would need to complete, and she had simply played the picking and choosing path when it comes to growth of her own level... she didn't need to grow in levels, however she just needed a lot of skills to become a bit more useful to other people. She had simply let out a breathe of air before saying to herself "Man I got quite the list of quests that I need to do..." she had placed her hand on her cheek and her elbow on her knee looking forward once again.

@Embers

Embers looked at her arm, where Rowan sat patiently. The bird had been acting up, and Embers had only recently realized why. Rowan was, annoyingly, too much like herself. So the bird demanded, didn’t ask. So, Embers had realized to let the bird do as it wished and, he, in turn, would always be with her. While Embers wasn’t an a fan, she had realized a simple fact. If she were Rowan, that’s how she’d want it.

The bird shot off into the sky, and Embers shook her head at it. “Freedom cannot be stopped, even when claimed” She muttered to herself as she simply watched Rowan fly around in the sky. The girl let out a sigh before looking around, and her eyes zeroed in on another player. While she was wearing a hood, Embers could clearly see it was a she, and she looked…bored. Embers looked up, spotting Rowan enjoying himself, before sighing.

“Oi!” She yelled at the other player, walking over to them “Whatcha doing on this floor? Ain’t it too hot to be doin’ nothing?”

@Ruby

Ruby after a bit of sitting around reading the messages, she had looked over to see a red haired woman coming onto her asking what she had been doing on the floor, Ruby had simply smiled and said out to her "Well, its always hot when I am around, all I am saying." she had giggled but then said out to her "I am just figuring out what to do is all, I have a mountain of quests that I need to get finished, and I don't really know what to do. I have completed Bloodstained Land, however I never finished its base version, and there is also one more on this floor I haven't quite done that involves some sort of alligator boss or something like that." she had sighed "Just so much work I need to do before the next floor boss." she had placed her hand on her cheek and looked forward once again.

@Embers

Embers frowned at the girls first comments. Was that…an attempt at self-flirting?! Embers wasn’t entirely sure, but dismissed it partly in her confusion. What caught her attention next was that the girl was girls list of quests and the comment about the front line.

“The hell is a front-liner doin’ here?” Embers asked, rather bluntly. There was no tact within her voice, to any capacity. She was curious, so she asked. “Aren’t the lot upstairs like, stupidly high levels or something? The hell are you quest hunting on the 5th floor for?”

A voice spoke in her head, and Embers let out a sigh. It wouldn’t hurt to listen to it, even if the voice wasn’t her own. Embers rolled her shoulders a little before letting out an almost animal growl “Look, if you wanna do some quests, I’ve gotta kill some shark thing out in the sand dunes. You could come along, doubt it’ll be a threat to you, but ya never know”

The offer wouldn’t hurt her, after all, Embers lost nothing by inviting the other girl and knew where she had to go in order to find the sand-shark monster.  

@Ruby

Edited by Embers
  • 2 weeks later...

Ruby had looked toward her with a bit of a bitter look saying out to her "Last time I checked, this floor isn't prohibited for people on the frontlines anyways. Second I am here because I have quests I haven't completed here as I got high level the extremely harder way. Easy SP means an easier way of gaining more levels and more skills to use." she had looked forward away from the woman. Then after all that she had said that she could come along, Ruby had looked up to her and thought for a moment, typically she would of told the woman to mess off with how she had introduced herself however... she just couldn't say no to a pretty face with a even greater figure. Ruby had stood up and looked at her saying "Fine, typically I wouldn't with how you introduced yourself, but you are lucky you are very hot. So I'll come along with."

@Embers

Ember frowned. The hell? Why would a front liner, or anyone, SKIP over quests? They were the quickest way to become relevant, why would you? The large girl shrugged, each to their own, even if she thought ‘their own way’ was stupid. Embers glanced at her shoulder, the hawk, who made a noise right at the girl rolled her eyes. Embers scowled at her familiar as the other girl stood up. Although, what she said did confuse the girl.

“The ‘ells wrong with how I said hi?” Embers asked as she looked forwards the endless waves of sand that was the direction they would be headed. “Mincing words takes too long, too many boring pleasantries and crap. You want something, do it, take it” Embers glanced over her shoulder at the other girl with a sly smile “As for the rest of it, well, damn right I’m hot. I’m me” She said confidently

• 1 month later...

Ruby had looked over and said to her "Well. It isn't quite nice of you to come up to me as you did. It doesn't matter if they mean nothing to you, some people will find it rude. Trust me, I have said almost the same things you've said to other people and it's almost gotten me killed. Remember that.". But eventually Embers had walked in front of her to lead the way to say that she was indeed hot, Ruby had smirked a bit seeing that she had been confident, she had earned herself a few points getting herself back to neutral after the comment she had made out to her. However Ruby had continued the conversation "Well then "me" I don't quiet think that is your name, could you tell me your real one beautiful? Mine is Ruby, its a... honor to meet you." she had thought of the proper word to say, however "Honor" was the word that Ruby had ended up using.

@Embers

Embers said her eyebrows, not at how the other girl seemingly didn’t like her, but rather, the fact this girl seemed to have been the target of assassins at one point in her life. The hell would they go after a front liner, like a complete dumbass? While Embers was tempted to mention it, she opted to keep her tongue held. After all, the past was the pass and there was nothing she could do about a clearly failed assassination attempt.

“Beautiful? Damn, didn’t realize you thought I was a catch” Embers laughs jokingly at the other girl, spinning on the heel of her boot and offering Ruby her hand to shake “Names Embers. And somethin’ tells me we’re gunna get along just swimmingly eh hun?” Embers threw a quick nickname at the other girl, trying to hunt for something that’ll stick to the other girl. She could be blatent and use a typical name, like hun, or babe. But for this girl, there was something that made Embers want to come up with something with a bit of flavour.