[PP-F1] Finally Some More Friends (Fayetta)

Spencer and Noot were traveling the first floor for a moment, he had just got finished with some errands he was doing, and was happy to be able to get to other things that he had to do, like explore and be by himself. His social anxiety tends to hit him at moments of emotional stimulation, mostly negative, and with what happened between his friends Teion and Ryo and himself, his social anxiety was off the charts. Luckily, he was able to get through that with some grinding on his own time, now he was happy to just walk around a bit, and go back to where he had met his first friends, two people he hasn't seen in forever. "I wonder what they are up to... I wonder if I'll see them again." He shrugged and set his Penguin down, the adorable Noot squeaking a bit and waddling around, taking in the scenery as well.

Man, I wonder if anyone wants to hang out.. Wait everyone I know is from my guild or very close to the guild... Wow are all my friends from the guild? Oh my god they are all related to the guild. Jesus Christ me, I need to get some more friends. He grumbled to himself and sat down on a log he had found out in the open. The fact that he had no other friends other than the guild and Teion kind of made him a bit annoyed at himself. He couldn't really count Calypso as a friend because he didn't really even know the woman, so it was just that group of people. "I wonder if I'll met anyone on this floor." He thought to himself, the penguin familiar he had started to waddle off and explore more of the forest.

@Fayetta

"Ohhh myyy Godddd." A muffled groan passed through the fabric of Fayetta's baggy sleeve as he held the hand hiding inside of it over his mouth. The young man had been loitering about outside of the first floor's main settlement for some time now, with little other reason for doing so than to keep himself from loitering around inside of it. Which would undoubtedly lead to apathy, and later sulking as he realized he wasn't doing anything productive, which would remind himself of how far behind in levels he was compared to all of the people that were working to seek out the next floor bosses, and that would surely bring to mind how daunting and intimidating the concept of being a frontline player was, and by comparison he was just lazy, dead weight by comparison.

But, despite his attempts to curb such thoughts by getting out of town, enjoying some 'fresh air', and slaying a few of the most basic mobs in the game an attempt to boost his suffering ego, Fayetta was having a miserable time keeping those thoughts out of mind anymore. Mainly due to the fact that he had been wandering around through trees and fields, blindly trying to navigate his way back to town after having strayed way too far past the Town of Beginning's borders. "How the hell could I lose a city that big...?" He asked himself aloud, dragging his hand away from his mouth to fall back to his side. It picked up again, just a bit, for the tips of his fingers to touch the hilt of his dagger. Luckily, the monsters he had encountered thus far had been trivial on their own, but Fayetta shuddered to think how he might fare against a whole pack of rabid wolves.

Spencer heard a noise off in the distance and he cocked his head, confused at the sudden and strange noise. He slowly stood up, and went looking for Noot, maybe the penguin had made a noise instead of someone, or something else. Spencer walked for a moment, softly concerned for the well-being of his familiar. Luckily, he was able to find the flightless bird standing and looking over in the distance. Noot pointed excitedly at a player who was out in the forest and messing with his dagger. Spencer tensed up a bit, but luckily the man seemed to be a low level, which made Spencer calm down slightly. I wonder what he is doing out in the woods, I think I'm going to pay him a visit? I was just complaining on how I didn't have any friends at the moment, so hopefully him? He thought while watching the man for a moment.

Noot was not having this, and started to run forward. "Noot! What are you doing?!" He whispered in a concerned voice, he wanted to make friends with this man, sure, but this was not the way to go around making said friends. The penguin reached the man and Spencer ran forward. "S-sorry about him, he loves meeting new people, even if I tell him to stay by my side." Spencer gives Noot a look, then looks up at the other man, who seemed to be a little down in the dumps. Same dude, same. He thought bitterly for a moment, before changing his tune. "I-I'm Spencer, this is my Familiar Noot, they only penguin I've met to want to run off on his own."

Fayetta's fingers were idly tapping on the handle of his dagger, still resting in its sheathe at his hip. Outside of his rambunctious streaks in his early childhood, Fayetta was terribly unfond of violence. But something about life in a fantasy game just made the idea of flourishing a deadly blade on the battlefield sound rather cool. In reality, he surely looked more like an inexperienced child waving around a kitchen knife than a skilled assassin, but maybe the impressive moves and fancy footwork would just come with a bit of practice.

Just as Fayetta's head was stuck in the middle of fighting for his life, the sound of something small scurrying about to his right caused him to freeze up. Was it another wild boar? A wolf, or a snake? His instincts finally kicked in, and Fayetta's hand wrapped around the dagger's hilt as he pulled the weapon free. He took half a step back from the direction the noise came from, and brought both arms in front of him as he held his weapon in front of his waist. He froze up again when his eyes finally found and made sense of what it was that was approaching him. A small, baby penguin, and a player with a green cursor spinning over his head.

His face turned to one of confusion rather than fear as he stared blankly at the taller man who offered him an apology. Fayetta just blinked, dropping his sight to the black-and-white bundle of feathers when the stranger named Spencer introduced them both. The situation hit him all at once, and Fayetta hurriedly moved to return his dagger to its sheathe. "Oh! Oh, oh my God, sorry! He shot back, realizing that he had just pulled a knife on the person and his pet. He chuckled nervously, a faint brush of pink tinting his cheeks. "O-oh, heh, Spencer?" He repeated the name, immediately wondering whether the man was giving him a username or a real given name. "I'm, Faye." He said with a moment's hesitation. He was already embarrassed enough that coming forth with a username like 'Fayetta' just sounded like a terrible idea. "What's a, err, familiar?" He quickly asked to try and change the subject.

Spencer chuckled internally at the sight of the man blushing and getting so scared at talking to him. Man, this kid seems like me a few months ago, luckily I'm not that bad. He thought to himself and sighed a bit, listening to him ramble off his name, and also the apology for holding a dagger at him.  "Don't worry about the dagger, you have to be as safe as you can be in this game. And nice to meet you Faye I'm Spen- I just told you my name." He blushed and face palmed a bit. Faye then raised a question about a familiar and Spencer set Noot down, the penguin slowly waddling up to the man and waving, hoping on to his foot. "A familiar is basically a pet. You have to do a special quest for it, it helps with stats, but yeah.. It's just a glorified pet. But you can get some really cool animals instead of just dogs and cats." He smiled and gestured to the Penguin, who was Nooting a bit, happy to meet more people.

After he said something, he was kind of just standing there, and realized that he might want to continue the conversation if he wanted to actually make friends with him. "So Faye, what brings you out into the forest on the first floor? I'm out here because... well I'm bored. Nothing major is really going on. I'm just using this time to relax and hang out. Bonding with Noot here, and detoxing from constant social stimulation." He was proud of himself, he was able to talk about his Social Anxiety Naturally.

He let out half a chuckle, his nervousness draining just a bit as the conversation progressed. He had yet to meet anyone that was downright terrible, and Spencer seemed even friendlier than most of the down-trodden faces he saw milling about on the first floor. He froze up for a third time, for just a moment, when the infantile penguin hopped up onto his shoe. Should he move, should he stay still? He opted for the latter, the corner of his mouth picking up into a crooked smile at how downright adorable the small creature was, looking up and waving to him. All the while, he listened to Spencer's explanation and nodded in understanding. "Ohhh, that's pretty cool." He thought aloud in response.

"Oh, ahh, um," He suddenly found himself wondering the same question that Spencer had posed to him. Why was he all the way out here on his own? His hand traveled upward and the large cuff of his sleeve slid halfway down his forearm while he rubbed gently at the back of his neck. "Just, y'know, getting out of town for a bit. Kind of the same as you, I guess." He said that, but he didn't know how much of that was actually true. He was bored, sure, and walking circles around the Town of Beginnings again just sounded like a chore. But he didn't have a pet to bond with. He understood what he meant, more or less, by the last bit, but he hardly had any friends or anyone in the game he could regularly socialize with if he wanted to. Sure, he considered himself an introvert, but that didn't mean he didn't like people.

And with the topic of friendship, or the lack thereof, fresh in his mind, Fayetta's eyes moved back up to meet Spencer's. The man seemed plenty nice, but based on his last statement would he prefer to keep their meeting brief? Then again, he was the one who was primarily moving the conversation along. 'Nah nah, you're reading way too much into all this.' He told himself. With a small shake of his head, he dropped his hand back to his side. "So! Well, if you want we could stick around for a bit? I haven't found anything cool out here, but I can't think of anything better to do." He ended with another small laugh that bubbled up from a fresh wave of nerves at his lackluster suggestion.

"I would love to stick around and get to know you better, or just hang out and see more of the floor, I love walking around the forest." He smiled and gestured to the area around him. Spencer bent down and scooped up Noot, walked around a bit, trying to find a good path to walk on. Okay, he seems sweet, a little awkward, and definitely not a threat to me. I have a feeling he is a really low level, maybe even level 1. Hopefully he starts to level up a bit. It seems like he is finally getting used to the game a bit, considering he is already out and about in the forest, he also seems like he wants to get out and start doing things, which is a lot like me when I first started grinding to increase my levels and actually get out into the world that we are stuck in, I'm going to keep a close eye on him though, don't want him to get hurt possibly.

After his mental monologue, Spencer started to walk with Noot in his arms, walking through the forest and stepping on to a dirt path that leads farther into the woods. Spencer looked back at Fayetta and motioned him to follow him, the two seem to have found a place that they could walk and talk. "So Fayetta, with it seemingly like we are going to be walking around for a little bit, anything on your mind that you would like to discuss? I'm not the best at keeping conversations so I'm sorry for my talking skills." He laughed and blushed a bit, looking at the other man, Noot snuggled into his arms.

With his foot freed from  beneath the little penguin, Fayetta followed after Spencer's lead with little hesitation. He was surprised to meet anyone out here, let alone have an interaction that consisted of anything more than a brief smile or nod in greeting before they would go on their separate ways. Another mental reminder that the blonde man seemed nicer and friendlier than most, he pushed the incredulous thought that someone would want to get to know him aside, trotting along a couple of steps so that he didn't fall too far behind. "Oh, hmm," He considered the question posed to him. 'Man, of course we have to be similar in that regard.' He thought, wracking his brain for the most appropriate topic of conversation. This person was still a stranger, and so every time a question or statement came to mind he found himself second-guessing before he could air it.

'What did you do before this? No, all that real-life stuff might be sensitive. How old are you... Maybe that's too personal? Why did you pick a penguin for a pet? Well if the answer is just because he likes penguins, that would just be dumb. What kind of build are you going--Ahh, no, he probably knows way more than me about games, I'll just get lost after my own question.' Fayetta was walking with one arm crossed over his torso while the curled knuckles of the other behind his sleeve pressed against his lips through the fabric. He was deep in thought--probably much deeper than he needed to be--when something finally, and suddenly, came to him. "Ah!" He pulled his hand away, exclaiming a bit more enthusiastically than he had meant to. "Which kind of weapon do you use?" Perhaps not the most riveting conversation-starter, but something so specific might give him a leg to stand on, and wouldn't run the risk of prying into unwelcome territory. As long as Spencer wasn't a number-crunching elitist, that should work. "I picked Dagger cause it just seemed like the one I'd be the best at using. I don't like the idea of a big, heavy weapon, and I like to move around a lot, heh."

Edited by Fayetta

Spencer stood there for a moment, waiting for Fayetta to reply to what he had said. Aww this guy is super shy... It is actually kind of adorable. He smiled and blushed a little bit at thinking that. Fayetta stood there for a moment, then finally said something, asking Spencer what kind of weapon he used. Fayetta went on to explain why he used the dagger, which was completely different than his own weapon he used. Hmmm, This kid is cool. Maybe possibly not guild material so I might not suggest that he come to join Holy Dragon Alliance, but he is someone that I would definitely like to get along with and become friends with. He smiled a bit and opened his mouth. "I use a mace. I almost wanted to go for a dagger, but I really like the idea of tanking, it seems like something I would definitely want to do. I'm going for more of a Paladin build, healer and beefy tank. Yet I'm still low level so I can't do much beside hit people with my shield and cry." He laughed a bit, knowing his build still wasn't good at all. "What kind of build do you think you are going to go for? You could maybe do stealth. scout build? Or a support." He offered his ideas and looked at him.

While he listened, Fayetta's eyes naturally drifted down and spotted the wrapped handle that rested at Spencer's waist. He registered that the item hanging at his side was, in fact, a mace, and for a brief moment he realized that he could have gotten the answer to his question by just being a bit more observant. But, that would have taken the fun out of the conversation now, wouldn't it? "Tanking..." Fayetta echoed in a mumble. A couple of seconds into the explanation, and the blue-haired man almost began to internally panic until he realized Spencer's choice of words made it just easy enough to follow along and understood what his terms meant. A ripple of relief washed over him when he heard the blonde admit he was a low level. Despite 'low' being relative, he suddenly felt less alienated, like Spencer was that much more relatable as a person because he wasn't one of the high-level elites. 'Lord help me if I run into someone like that.' A fleeting thought.

"Pfft!" The end of Spencer's explanation caught him off-guard, and Fayetta let out a chuckle alongside the other man's laughter that was much more genuine than his earlier nervous habit. "Aww! He didn't have anything to offer besides the sympathetic gesture, but luckily Spencer took the opportunity to move the conversation along. Unluckily, he turned the question back on Fayetta. Again, his choice of words were plain and gave him an idea of what they might entail, despite not knowing anything about what went into them for certain. "Oh, hmm..." He hummed aloud, bringing the tips of his first two fingers to his chin and idly tapping. "Those sound good..." He mused after a moment of thought, trying to imagine himself in each type of role. "Yeahh, I don't really know what kind of, umm, play style I like. Or what I'm good or bad at." He admitted, skirting around the topic of his inexperience with video games as a whole. He thought about revealing how he hadn't been spending the skill points he had earned, simply because he didn't know what he wanted to invest in, and the game's skill system seemed pretty close to unforgiving if he were to make a mistake or change his mind. He stopped himself though, not wanting to risk the embarrassment. At least not so quickly. "Oh, do you know anyone who does that kind of stuff?" He asked without thinking.

"Oh God knowing people, my fear." He laughed and blushed a little bit. He tried to think back to all the people that he knew, but there weren't any people that were really coming to mind. Hmm. Telrenya, Jomei, Teion, Ryo, Ruby, Kairi, Kimi are all major Damage dealers. Hestia is a tank, so am I. No idea with Calypso. Jevi I think is a Damage Dealer? Haven't Seen Tyonis in forever. Hmmm. No Scouts, I've heard from the less level players of some Stealth/Scout builder who is really strong. I think he is Hikoru? I have no idea the exact name. He thought for a while and looked around a bit. "Yeah I'm sorry dude I don't really know anyone that went that build. I've heard of a stealth build that some high level was doing, but I do not know for sure." He shrugged. "Sorry I can't be of much help, I only know DPS and Tank builds, mostly just DPS builds. I can help you out in any way you need if that helps at all? I'm not the best at all when it comes to build building, but I can be a good travel buddy if you ever need that? Don't feel pressured to answer now or even say yes or no, just something for you to think of." He smiled and looked at the man before he kept walking.

He is at the point of where I used to be. It almost makes me happy to see how far I have grown as a person, so to see someone I can understand that their social anxiety mimics mine in many ways, but I can push past it. It... It just makes me happy. He smiled a bit to himself and continued to walk along the dirt forest floor. "So Fayetta. Don't mean to pry into things you might not want to talk about, but are you like seeing anyone? Not trying to make you uncomfortable, just curious that is." He looked at him with a smile.

"Pfft!" Fayetta couldn't stop another muffled laugh as he brought his sleeved hand up to his mouth. Spencer had given it a bit of thought, but eventually admitted that he didn't know anyone to direct him to when it came to experience in a certain build. Fayetta simply shrugged, not having expected anything to come from it. "Hey, no problem." He thought about continuing, making some kind of joke about not having to harass someone else for advice, or poking fun at his lack of knowledge and experience, but he couldn't find the right words and so he kept his mouth shut. Spencer was nice, but that didn't make his insecurities less embarrassing to talk about. As if on cue, the blonde's offer for help, whatever it could be, caused him to smile. "Yeah, that's alright. Even though we've been here a while, I'm still pretty new to all this. Definitely not one of those hardcore players." He ended up admitting, bringing his hand behind his head. His fingers poked out and ran through his colored hair before trailing down to the nape of his neck.

The conversation shifted again, and at first Fayetta was grateful. But when the subject matter clicked into place in his mind, he suddenly wasn't sure how to react. It was obvious what Spencer meant. The only time someone used that term was in a romantic context. 'Oh God, why would he want to know something like that, of all things? I wasn't expecting that, ahh what do I say?' He paused for a moment, unable to get his messy thoughts in order. Of course he wasn't involved with anyone in that way, inside of this closed-off world or out. He'd been on a date before, at least. Like, once. And to say that it went well would have been generous. Regardless of how clear Spencer's question was, Fayetta responded in the only way he could think to: feigning ignorance. "Oh, uh, you mean, seeing someone, like--" Before he had the chance to finish, the sound of movement caused the man to freeze up. He snapped to attention and almost immediately the source made itself known. Crawling through the forest, a group of Nepents weaved the roots that served as their legs through the dirt to pull themselves forward in the players' direction. The monstrous plants looked disgusting, and unlike anything Fayetta has ever seen. Cloudy liquids dripped from the pair of wide red lips that formed the majority of its 'head' as the creatures drooled all over the forest floor. Spotting the red-tinted crystals hovering above them, Fayetta fumbled for a moment while he reached for his dagger, embarrassing thoughts replaced with fresh nerves and fear. "What--what the hell? These things are monsters?"

Spencer was listening to Faye talk about how he wasn't a hardcore player and stuff like that, it seemed to Spencer that Faye was a little uncomfortable doing those sorts of things, like fighting and attacking creatures. His heart went out to the kid, it took him forever to get used to it too, took a lot of support, and some help from Tyonis to get him where he needed to be. "I'm not really one of the hardcore gamer pro people things. But I work on my leveling when I feel the need. Some times I loose the muse to do work and stuff." He shrugged. Faye was a sweet kid, maybe someone he could help level and grow more as a person.. hopefully. I hope I can help this guy out, ti was difficult for me to start out with my own build, hopefully it comes easier for him, but luckily I can be there to help.... Look at me go, trying to help a low level grow and build, just like my guild has done for me.. man I miss them so much.

Spencer was about to comment on the way Faye reacted when it came to his comment on relationships, but it got cut short by the arrival of some not-so-nice monsters. The creatures slowly started to crawl towards them, making strange noises. There were four of them in total, and they seemed to be coming to attack them. Spencer shivered a bit with the look they gave the two players. Spencer slowly got his shield out and got ready to protect himself and protect Faye. "Stay behind me, these things are a bit tougher than the regular monster, and aren't really the type of thing level one players fight." He said to Faye, getting ready to strike. The first three of them went right for him, launching themselves at Spencer. Spencer shoved his shield forward, and with that, the three Nepents vanished into crystals as they made contact with the shield, and only giving Spencer minimal damage. The last one stayed back in fear.

ID: 102685 BD: 4 (Miss)
ID: 102686 MD: 7 3 Dmg
ID: 102687 MD: 2 None
ID: 102688 MD: 7 3 Dmg
ID: 102689 MD: 9 4 Dmg

-3 Health to Spencer, -14 Health to Nepents 1,3,4. One Nepent Left

Spoiler

1x Nepent
HP: 7
Mitigation: 0
Damage: 3

Spencer: [HP: 437] [ENG: 42] [DMG: 4] [Thorns: 14 DMG] [MIT: 47] [REC: 1] [REG: 1]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|
Fayetta: 

ID: 102698 BD: 1 (Critical Miss)

"Yikes..." Fayetta held his dagger square in front of him, much like when he had first encountered Spencer and his tiny familiar. The large cuffs of his sleeves hugged against the hilt while his bright blue eyes danced between the crawling plants that worked their way towards the two players. Meanwhile, the man at his side was faster to move with more certainty, flaunting a shield on his arm and mace in one hand while he took up a defensive position. Fayetta swallowed, sparing quick glances over each shoulder. From the corner of his vision, he could see more movement, and what he thought were even more of those nasty creatures wandering their way. "R-right, yeah." He responded when Spencer gave him instruction. 'Does he know I'm a really low level? Gah, of course he does. Is it really that obvious?' He got caught up in his internal ramblings just until the Nepents in front of them shuddered, their root-legs churning and digging into the earth to carry them forward fast. They charged at Spencer, but Fayetta found himself dumbstruck as three out of four attackers were reduced to shining pixels without so much as a swing from the blonde's spiked mace. He stared in awe, mouth agape as he simultaneously wanted to ask Spencer how in the world he did that, and also not make a fool of himself over what must have been some simple attack, or mechanic, or something.

With one Nepent still standing directly in front of them, Fayetta's lips met and the grip on his dagger tightened. 'He said they're kind of strong... Would I even be able to scratch these things? Boars are pretty easy by now, but... Arrghh, I don't want to just stand here and do nothing!' His inner battle waged more violently than the real one in front of him. Gritting his teeth, he urged his body to move. Fayetta leaned forward, aiming to dash at the Nepent and drive his dagger right into the side of its wriggling, plant-like body. Before he had taken two whole steps, the sole of his left shoe slid against the grass, slick from what must have been the viscous mucus that seeped from their opponents' mouths. Friction was lost to him, and Fayetta fell forward, promptly landing face-first on the ground.

Edited by Fayetta

Spencer turned just in time to watch as Faye fell to the forest ground. Spencer gasped and ran forward, using his shield to block any possible attacks. "Are you okay?" He looked closely at Faye, making sure he wasn't hurt. Spencer then turned to the Nepent who was charging an attack at the fallen boy. Spencer grimaced and charged forward, slamming his mace down on to its head. The mace cleaned right through its body, killing it on contact. Spencer's mace went through and struck the ground with a loud thud, the blue crystals dancing through the air and making his eyes glisten softly. Spencer holstered his mace and started to help Faye up, wiping some of the mud off of the man's shirt. "Are you feeling okay?" He said and bent down to look at the man at eye level.

Before he could say much more, he heard another noise, a bit more angry and deep in sounding. Spencer bit his lip and slowly turned to whatever it could be, but it was almost like the creatures the two of them had just fought... almost like them, but more evil. Spencer quickly got to his feet and held his shield it, the boss monster was starting to come towards them, making Spencer very nervous, but he knew he could take it. If it hits me more than once I can take it, I just need to make sure Faye stays safe, this thing could really hurt him.

ID: 102717 BD: 6 (3x4 = 12 Damage)

Spoiler

1x Nepent
HP: 7
Damage:

HP: 15
Mitigation: 5
Damage: 10
Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10

Spencer: [HP: 437] [ENG: 40] [DMG: 4] [Thorns: 14 DMG] [MIT: 47] [REC: 1] [REG: 1]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|
Fayetta: 

Vines whipped through the air, cracking against the metal of Spencer's shield as he stood over Fayetta. The blue-haired man's cheeks burned brightly with embarrassment, though he kept his head down to keep his protector from seeing the shame on his dirt-covered face. Fayetta pushed himself to his knees with his dagger still clutched in his right hand. "Yeah, I'm fine." He replied, bringing his opposite hand up to wipe away what filth he could with his baggy sleeve. A second later, he felt Spencer's arm hook under his own to help pull him to his feet, and while he was grateful for the man's immediate help, he could feel just how hot his cheeks had become. He took one more motion to rub at his face and ruffle the dirt from his hair, avoiding Spencer's eyes all the while. He nodded again to confirm his health and recovery from his own clumsy blunder. "Mm, I just tripped. I'm okay." He admitted with a touch of hesitance.

Just as the danger seemed to die down, the sound of crawling roots drew closer again. While Fayetta could still see the figures of plenty more Nepents slinking through the forest all around them, he turned alongside Spencer to see the stronger creature pulling itself towards them. It seemed to smile, then grinned at them as it spat more thick mucus from the oversized lips that made up its face. Fayetta grimaced at the sight, feeling his virtual stomach turn. At his side, his hand gripped his dagger tightly, but he stood frozen in place. 'I don't want to hide behind him. I don't want him to have to worry and protect me. Why even is he so worried?' He was kicking himself now, gnawing at the inside of his cheek while Spencer raised his shield against the more menacing Nepent. 'Are these things really that much harder than all the boars I've killed on my own?'

ID: 102825 BD: 3 - Miss

HP: 15

Spencer: [HP: 437] [ENG: 40] [DMG: 4] [Thorns: 14 DMG] [MIT: 47] [REC: 1] [REG: 1]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|
Fayetta: [HP: 20] [ENG: 0/2] [DMG: 2] [MIT: 9]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|

Edited by Fayetta

Spencer smiled a tad bit sadly at Faye, he really did feel for the kid. Just last year he felt the same way he did. Being around so many higher levels just made him feel like he was never going to be good enough to fight and help out in battles. It really ate at him sometimes when he was around his guild, they were always going to be higher levels than him no matter what he did, and it really was starting to get to him, but knowing that he could help someone that was in his past situation right now, that made it feel a little better. But as the newer and more dangerous Nepent came closer, Spencer got ready to defend Faye. "Just let me know when you want to strike and I'll move out of the way for you." He smiled at him and got his mace ready. Spencer charged forward, but one of the vines shot out and knicked Spencer on the shoulder. He grimaced and kept running striking with his mace first, knocking the creature into the air, and then forward, slamming it with his shield and hitting it against the tree. The creature let out a mighty roar and disintegrated into blue crystals. "S-sorry, I guess I really didn't give you a chance to show your stuff."

ID: 102977 BD: 9 (3 x 4 = 12 - 5 = 7)
ID: 102978 MD: 7 (1 Damage to Spencer, 14 Damage to Nepent) 
ID: 102979 LD: 11

HP: 8

Spencer: [HP: 436] [ENG: 38] [DMG: 4] [Thorns: 14 DMG] [MIT: 47] [REC: 1] [REG: 1]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|
Fayetta: [HP: 20] [ENG: 0/2] [DMG: 2] [MIT: 9]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|

Fayetta's eyes grew a centimeter wider. He watched, clutching his dagger as Spencer's spiked mace crashed into the bottom of the Nepent's oversized lips. A quick combination of strikes, and the unsightly creature was quickly felled. He felt a wave of relief wash over him, and naturally chuckled at Spencer's apology. "Hey man, no worries." His embarrassment was fading, more thankful for the man's help than anything else now.

Their peace was short-lived, as even more Nepents slunk closer to them, pulling themselves through the ground by their roots. Fayetta swallowed. Without a scratch on him, and with how easily his new acquaintance wiped the monsters out, the blue-haired man mustered his courage. He quickly switched his grip on his dagger, curling his fingers around the hilt where the blade now stood perpendicular to his arm. "Alright, let's go!" His confidence swelled for just the few moments he needed it to while he announced his intention to rush forward at one of the approaching creatures. He bent his torso, leaning forward into the run he broke into, and dashed to one of the Nepent's sides. His right arm shot forward and dragged across in the motion of a hooked punch, allowing the short blade to slash across its body covered in vines. Fayetta spun around on his heel after the attack had landed, watching at its HP bar drained past the half-way mark with an excited grin.

ID: 103213 BD: 10 - Critical Hit

4 Nepents
HP:
 7 (-4 HP to #1)

Spencer: [HP: 436] [ENG: 38] [DMG: 4] [Thorns: 14 DMG] [MIT: 47] [REC: 1] [REG: 1]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|
Fayetta: [HP: 20] [ENG: 0/2] [DMG: 2] [MIT: 9]  Hate: |2|0|0|0|

Edited by Fayetta
Spencer nodded at the man when he accepted his apology, because his intention was to never stop the man from showing what he could do. Okay, let the dude show his stuff, you maybe be a bit higher level than he is, but I doubt he is that weak, I bet he can pull his weigh- His trail of thought stopped suddenly as a group of 4 more Nepents can from the forest, coming to avenge the death of the Variant from before. "Great more of them." He muttered and readied his mace, but Fayetta was already running in for the attack. Spencer stopped himself from calling out, because the boy seemed to actually have it under control. He struck the creature, cutting its health bar in half, and not getting damaged in the process. "Good Job! You have better accuracy than I did when I was your level.... and about 5 levels above you as well."

He blushed a bit with a laugh, then got back to the battle, the first Nepent going in to attack Fayetta. Okay, how will he handle being attacke- His thoughts, once again, stopped from sometihng happening, or the lack of it happening. The damaged Nepent seemed to loose its footing, tumbling forward and falling face first in the dirt. Spencer laughed, but was immediately jumped on by the other three. "I. Did. Not. Consent." He said through his teeth as he threw the three off of him, unfortunately not dealing any damage. "Well, that was uneventful."

ID: 108570 BD: 5
ID: 108571 MD: 3
ID: 108572 MD: 3 
ID: 108573 MD: 3 
ID: 108574 MD: 5
ALL MISS 
4 Nepents
1: 3
2: 7
3: 7
4: 7

Spencer: [HP: 436] [ENG: 37] [DMG: 4] [Thorns: 14 DMG] [MIT: 47] [REC: 1] [REG: 1]  Hate: |0|0|0|0|
Fayetta: [HP: 20] [ENG: 0/2] [DMG: 2] [MIT: 9]  Hate: |2|0|0|0|

• 3 months later...

"Okayokayokay," Fayetta murmured the words so closely together that they melded into one. Cyan eyes darted across the battlefield, from the Nepent that fell flat in front of him back to Spencer and the creatures that surrounded him to the health bar that hovered next to the man's shoulder. His gaze stuck there for a second, watching worriedly until he realized it wasn't budging an inch. His lips pursed with an expression that was both surprised and impressed, but his head turned back to the Nepent that used its long roots to dig into the ground and push the rest of its body back upright. "That shield of yours is no joke!" He called over his shoulder.

The initial nerves of running into a stranger in the woods had finally settled. With a couple of swings in on either side as the waves of Nepents marched towards them to be cut down, Fayetta felt comfortable with dagger in hand again. 'Just like any other low-level monster out here.' He reassured himself. The sole of his shoe packed the dirt beneath him as he shot forward again. He took the creature head-on, bringing his left hand in to cup the pommel of his weapon right before he drove it into the Nepent's pod-like flesh. The second critical hit filled him with a rush of adrenaline and he grinned as he used his off hand to bury the steel a bit further. It lurched over, letting out a small squeal of pain and Fayetta had to jerk back with a grimace to avoid the viscous golden fluid that spilled from its massive set of lips. "Oh, gross." He muttered, taking an extra step back while the Nepent fell forward and burst into pixels.

@Spencer

ID: 108936 BD: 9 - Critical Hit

4>3 Nepents
HP:
 [0|7|7|7] (-3 HP to #1)

Spencer: [HP: 436] [ENG: 37] [DMG: 4] [Thorns: 14 DMG] [MIT: 47] [REC: 1] [REG: 1]  Hate: [0|0|0|0]
Fayetta: [HP: 20] [ENG: 0/2] [DMG: 2] [MIT: 9]  Hate: [4|0|0|0]