[OP -F1] Flashback

SAO_Population1.jpg.cf.jpg

It's been fifteen minutes and yet every part of him was still stiff with fear. The cold hard truth had never been so clearer. “No, he… he can't be telling the truth. This has to be some kind of sick joke. There has got to be a way out of here.” Aki muttered to himself, trying to calm his nerves, but not doing it as  successfully as he would have hoped. He looked up from where he was sitting. He was on the floor against the wall. In the center of the Town of New Beginnings. Everyone around him looked scared and confused, something he really didn't want to be. He managed to calm himself down enough to stop ranting like a madman. “Ok, Akihiro, you've got this… You've got this…” He repeated calmly, his breathing slowing down as well. “If I really am going to be stuck here. I’m going to need to know who to trust…” He began to stand up, and walk out of the center of the town through the crowds of frightened players. "But who would that be..."

(OOC: Hello everyone reading, this is a open flashback RP to day one of SAO. Feel free to join, but, no PvP… I'm not ready for that yet.)

Edited by Aki

Well, he certainly wasn't lying. Kataware was looking through her game menu which took a while as she still was not well acquainted to the game. However, after the 15 minutes of the announcement, she officially concluded that there it was indeed nowhere to be seen and decided to close the menu.

Looking around, there were a lot of people who seemed confused and within shock considering the situation that suddenly befell them. "No use staying here while everyone just mulls about." Kataware decided to see if she could climb any of the buildings or if she could simply get a better view of her surroundings. Upon a quick survey of the buildings surrounding the plaza, Kataware concluded that the best course of action in this situation was go to the building at the southern entrance that also had a rooftop access.

Upon reaching the rooftop, she sat on the edge, her feet dangling three stories above the ground. "Hopefully everyone back home is doing okay."

Edited by Kataware
End quotation

"I probably shouldn't have told mom I'd be off by dinner." Dustin looked around and saw all of the other players petrified, so he walked towards the center of the crowd and sat down, leaning against the teleport gate and closed his eyes. He tried to sleep, but pictured his brother dying. Well that wouldn't be very good, Mom would kill me. Still, he stayed in place, clenching his fists, just watching the crowd. "None of them have moved. Not even an inch." He climbed to the base of the clock tower and shouted, "Anyone who doesn't want to die should probably get the stuff they need to survive!" He sat down and waited for something, anything to happen. He looked for the people who are moving and told the closest people to go after them and ask for help. He dropped back down and sat down, waiting for anyone to approach him.

Krysta's thoughts drifted to her memory of that fateful day, when the game's creator revealed that this was no longer a game. Before she had holed up, there was a short period of time, starting from the announcement, and it lasted about three days before she hid herself in the Town of Beginnings for a long while...

"I...I can't believe this..." she thought. "I must be having a nightmare or something... Wake up, Jewel, wake up!" She pinched herself, she slapped herself in the face, but to no avail. She felt the pinch and the slap, but not the pain. "It...it can't be... Am...am I on my lonesome in this mysterious new world?" Nothing seemed to make sense at this moment, she wasn't taking the news too well. "Now I've lost all of my family...first the plague took Mother while she fought against it, it took Aunt Alison and Uncle Damien as well...on Father's side, my family spread out too far for frequent visits...now I've been separated from Father and Leif, and I'm trapped in this game..." She walked as she revealed this horrible truth to herself, and then she tripped over the legs of someone sitting down, for she was not paying enough attention to notice the player there. "Oof! Ahh, I'm so sorry!"

@Dustin

"Oh, hello." He said. "Sorry, I didn't see you. Name's Dustin." He stood up and helped her up. "Where were you headed to?" He asked, "I assume the ground was not your intended destination." He chuckled. "If you need any help, I'd be glad to." Wait, this probably seems like a bad attempt at a flirtatious notion. He looked around. "Have you seen my brother? Light brown hair, short, looks to be about 12." He asked. "I have little skill, but I'll help you if you need it." He continued, "Money back probably guaranteed." He finished, with a thumbs up. He turned around, "I need your help anyways." He explained, "How can I help these people if they won't listen?" He continued. "Even still, don't know how much help you'll be." He climbed back up to the base of the tower. "You won't even watch where you're going." He reached down to help her up to the base of the tower. "Care to join me?"

@Krysta

Edited by Dustin