[PP - F04] Bring out the tackle box and ice pick, we're going dragon hunting <<Feeding The Enemy>> (Ruby)

Neo listened closely to Ruby as she went up to get the chest. She just shrugged at the comment about sexuality. Neo had never really given it any thought, she just let people like who they liked. She had never really had strong feelings for anyone, though she did have a couple close friends. As Neo was holding the line, another shark man burst out of the water. Not wanting to let go of the chest, Neo tried to get her rapier out. Though the shark man did manage to kick her while she was one the ground, Neo pulled out her rapier and let loose more thrusting attacks. She managed to bring the shark man to his knees, paralyzed from her attack. Neo hoped that Ruby would be able to take the creature out with as much ease as she did last time. It looked as though it was scaled to her level this time, so it shouldn't be that difficult for Ruby to take out.

ID: 102743 - CD: 3
ID: 102744 - BD: 10 - major crit CD: 11 - recovery
ID: 102745 - MD: 7 - hit

Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 108/110
Neopolitan- HP: 286/320 (-34 [14 MIT]) - EN: 30/32 (-3 sword art; +2 recovery) H: 2 (+2 crit)
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 136/160 ([4 base + 2 crit] * 4 sword art) - DMG: 48 (bleed for 12 damage/turn for 2 turns; paralyzed for 1 turn)

Loot: 200 Col, 5 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby had felt her feeling a bit more upset by her own thoughts, however she had finished her introduction "But besides all that, I managed to get through just fine. I pursued fashion mostly because of my time with my mother... and well, in Japan I can't speak fluent Japanese... so talking to other people wasn't a thing for me. I kind of felt... well, mute really. No one really understood me, so thats why I came to this game. Hoping to find people that would be a friend. However of course I never expected it to be a death game." she had giggled. However before she could get to opening the chest, she had looked over to see that Neo had fished up a monster, rushing over there she had been a little too late and it had struck against Neo. However with one movement and punch the Monster had immediately perished. 

@Neopolitan

ID: 102785 - BD: 7+3=10 

Sword Art Used: All Might [18*15=270]
Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 92/110
Neopolitan- HP: 286/320 - EN: 30/32
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 0/160 - DMG: 48

Loot: 2400 Col, 5 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]

With the second shark man defeated, Neo went back to trying and fish up some more materials. Though she was primarily here to get herself a familiar, the fish were biting well enough that Neo didn't see harm in not trying to get herself some extra loot along the way. Neo kept looking around for something that could become a familiar, but nothing was catching her eye. The only things of note she had seen so far was the shark men and the treasure chests they had fished up. Neo's line gave another tug, and she reeled the line in around the chest still waiting to be opened by Ruby. Neo quickly grabbed at the fish to collect the materials and went back to setting up a new line and looking for her main objective.

Let's see just how long it's going to take to finally find a tiny friend of my own.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102865

CD: 7 - 2 T1 Mats

Loot: 2400 Col, 7 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]

After Ruby had finished off the last Shark Man, she had noticed that she had just went back to fishing. Ruby had let out a sigh, she didn't really know what she had been doing wrong for her to not do anything. However with a frown she had just went back to the Chest that they had found a lot earlier. After successfully opening it she had seen it was a pretty decent load, however it was still a little bit of profit "Some is a lot better than none I presume." she had thought then let out a sigh. Heading back to the fire and sitting down she had grabbed her fishing pole and with a smile she had said to her "There's not much more left to learn about me. I'm just a fashionista that likes clothing and the same gender as me. What about you Neo? Tell me a bit about yourself, or type me a bit about yourself." she had chuckled.

@Neopolitan

ID: 102976 - LD: 12 = 400 Col, 5 T1 Materials, 1 T1 Rare Unidentified Weapon, 2 T1 Perfect Unidentified Consumables
Loot: 2800 Col, 12 T1 Materials, 7 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b], 1 T1 Rare Unidentified Weapon [102976], 2 T1 Perfect Unidentified Consumables [102976a, 102976b]

As Neo let Ruby finally open up her treasure chest, she began to write up a message to her. While doing so, Neo wasn't paying attention to her line and let it stay in the water even as it was tugging. As the line continued to tug, the tugs became weaker and weaker until the ice began to tremble. Something was trying to break through! Neo realized this and quickly minimized her message, saving the draft. She would have to save the expositing for later. Suddenly, a shark man wearing a pirate captain's hat burst out of the ice hole, shattering it into a much large one than before. It tried to lunge at Neo as she scrambled to grab her rapier, but thankfully missed. Neo looked over at Ruby with a little fear in her eyes, she didn't want to have to fight this thing as she felt as if she might end up living in the fountain of resurrection.

ID: 103004 - CD: 1 - Boss monster spawn

ID: 103009 - BD: 5 - Miss - CD: 10 - recovery - MD: 2 - miss

Sword Art Used: Quadruple Strike [x4]
Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 110/110
Neopolitan- HP: 302/320 (12 from one out of combat post, 6 from two turns of battle healing) - EN: 32/32 (-2 miss; +2 recovery)
Frozen Shark Pirate Captain - HP320/320  DMG: 96 - MIT: 16

Loot: 2800 Col, 12 T1 Materials, 7 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b], 1 T1 Rare Unidentified Weapon [102976], 2 T1 Perfect Unidentified Consumables [102976a, 102976b]

Ruby had looked to see whether or not she had been typing a message, and indeed she had been, with a smile she had been waiting eagerly to learn a bit about her. However as she had been typing her line had been moving, "Uh... Neo?" she had exclaimed out, till it had became a bit rapid "Neo!" she had yelled out however it was too late. Ruby had looked and moved back when the boss had appeared itself, Ruby had just rolled her eyes this had been the third time when a monster had ruined what she had been talking about to this woman and she really wanted to get to know more about her. With a single movement she had once again slammed her fist against the bosses jaw and dealt almost its entire Health bar in damage. "Can you all just let me learn more about this cute woman for one god damn minute!?" she had yelled out.

@Neopolitan

ID: 103010 - BD: 6+3=9 
Sword Art Used: All Might [18*15-270-16=254]
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 110/110
[H: 0] Neopolitan- HP: 302/320 - EN: 32/32 (-2 miss; +2 recovery)
Frozen Shark Pirate Captain - HP66/320  DMG: 96 - MIT: 16

Neo watched as Ruby punched the rude interrupter into near oblivion. It was amazing what the difference was in damage between a player like Neo and one like Ruby. Neo wanted to get up their badly, she wanted to fight on the front lines. For now, she would have to settle for this shark man. Before Neo could act, the shark man turned and took a bite out of Ruby's arm. It didn't seem like it drained her HP that much, but Neo doubted that Ruby would just shrug off someone biting into her clothes. Neo quickly tried to retaliate, and though she connected with the shark man, his skin was too tough for her to do anything of note. Lamenting her lack of damage, Neo made sure to give Ruby the opening for her inevitable punch. It was actually nice to be able to communicate with someone so personally, but their fishing kept getting interrupted by little nuisances.

ID: 103011 - BD: 8+1=9 - hit CD: 6 - recovery MD: 9 - crit
Sword Art Used: Quadruple strike [4x4 = 16 - 16 mit = 1]
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 1003/1100 - EN: 110/110
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 302/320 - EN: 31/32 (-3 sword art; +2 recovery)
Frozen Shark Pirate Captain - HP65/320  DMG: 96 - MIT: 16

Ruby had got a little bit heated because of the all the monsters that had prevented her from going any further to getting to know Neopolitan any further, and the fact that the boss and bit her only had made her a little more mad. With one movement she had swung her other arm against its Jaw and removed the rest of its HP away from existence. Rolling her eyes she was a tad bit upset that they didn't get any rewards for that encounter, but at the same time she was just glad that it had been done and over with. Taking a deep breath she had then said to Neo in a sweet tone "Can you at least try not to fish up anything that wants to hurt us while writing your message please?" she had let out a giggle. She had returned to her spot and held onto her fishing pole.

@Neopolitan

ID: 103024 - BD: 9 - Crit
Sword Art Used: All Might [18*15=270]
[H: 3] Ruby - HP: 1003/1100 - EN: 95/110
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 302/320 - EN: 31/32 (-3 sword art; +2 recovery)
Frozen Shark Pirate Captain - HP0/320  DMG: 96 - MIT: 16

With the captain like enemy defeated, Neo went back to casting her line and waiting for things to bite. She pulled back up her menu and continued to type out her history to Ruby. Shortly after sending it off, she got a tug and reeled in a small catch. There was a nice amount of loot being found, but it still wasn't as much as she had gotten before.

Where to start. Well, I'll start off by saying I've always been mute, since birth. The doctors were never sure what caused it, I just couldn't make a sound. Of course, this made life a little difficult, not many people liked a girl who didn't talk. Those who did were certainly not the type of people one would want to be around, they liked it a little too much. I never really got picked on at school, people were just as silent to me as I was to them. I tried to find my passion and do something, but nothing ever stuck out to me. I had just gotten out of high school when SAO was going to be released, so I thought I should try it. I got it as it came out and well, you can guess roughly what happened than. I spent the last two years hiding in alleyways crying myself to sleep, scared of dying. It wasn't until recently that I heard news of the floor 22 boss being defeated and finally picked myself up. I've been power leveling since, trying to make my way to the front lines.

ID: 103038 - CD: 5 - 1 Mat

Loot: 3120 Col, 15 T1 Materials, 7 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b], 1 T1 Rare Unidentified Weapon [102976], 2 T1 Perfect Unidentified Consumables [102976a, 102976b]

(Boss dropped 2 mats and 320 Col as guaranteed drops)

Ruby saw that she had sent the message and had immediately opened her messenger and began to read the message, and the reason why she hasn't spoken was clear to her now. She had frowned a bit seeing that she really didn't find some sort of drive while in school, and she had felt a little concerned that she had been hiding in alleyways crying herself to sleep. In a way it had reminded Ruby of herself after the incident with those people, she had looked up and asked her "Well.. is there there anything I could do for you? I am willing to help you. We need more brave souls out there on the front lines. If you still feel upset I could always offer you a hug." she had giggled until she had looked over to see another pirate coming up from the river. Ruby had let out a scoff and got extremely angry she had swung her arm at the Monster yet again to remove half its HP, however it critically slashed its claw directly at Ruby, taking more than a fair amount of damage.

@Neopolitan

ID: 103041 - CD: 2 [end my suffering]
ID: 103043 - BD: 6 [Hit] - MD: 9 [please end my suffering]
Sword Art Used: All Might [18*15=270]
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 838/1100 - EN: 81/110
[H: 0] Neopolitan- HP: 302/320 - EN: 31/32
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 280/550 - DMG: 165

As she waited for Ruby to read the message she sent, Neo saw what looked like a small dragon flying around in the sky. It came down towards Neo and landed next to her, it seemed to emanate its feelings towards Neo. It felt, curious. It was like it was trying to figure out who these people were. Neo made sure to give out a feeling of kindness towards it, she meant it no harm. It seemed to accept that, and came closer though still hesitant. Neo was suddenly broken out of her little bonding ceremony as she heard Ruby's punch. Neo hadn't even realized another enemy had shown up. She gestured to the dragon to wait a little bit as she switched gear and  went to go help her friend. Neo hoped that the dragon would stay, but she wasn't sure. Then a little thought popped into her head. Not a dragon, just a pseudo dragon.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103047

LD: 17 + 2 = 19 - Familiar with enhancement found (finally!)

Switching Cloak of eyes for ring of +1 ACC

At this point, Ruby was a little bit more angered than usual, she had just wanted to speak to this woman that she had met and got to know a little bit. Looking over, she had seen that she was a bit distracted with a small little dragon that had flied to their location, looking a bit friendly. Ruby had smiled, but she had looked back to the enemy that was in front of her. Ruby had tried to move her arm back to hit the monster, however as she had done so she had slipped and fell onto the ground. As she had fell on the ground the Monster had raised its claw into the air and moved down to hit Ruby, however having good enough evasion she had rolled over on to her stomach to dodge the attack. Pushing herself up she had faced the enemy once again that had been attacking her.

@Neopolitan

ID: 103054 - BD: 1 [Kill me please] - MD: 5-3=2
Sword Art Used: Failed Attempt
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 838/1100 - EN: 80/110
[H: 0] Neopolitan- HP: 302/320 - EN: 31/32
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 280/550 - DMG: 165

As Neo thought about the mysterious voice in her head, she went to attack the shark man. This lake seemed to be full of them, and there was no end to them. Maybe if this lake wasn't frozen over, they would be rampaging all over the place taking out strangers. Neo didn't have time to think about it though as she drew her rapier and unleashed a sword art at them, narrowly hitting them. She wasn't sure how well she would far, and was sad to see the health bar only dip a little bit. It seemed to be enough to help out Ruby in taking it down though. Neo turned her head to see if the pseudo dragon was still there. Sure enough, it was. It was staring intently at the combat happening before it. It was almost as if it was trying to figure her out as much as she was trying to figure it out. She shook off the feeling, whether or not this thing was sentient was something she would have to ask later. Now it was time for her to focus on the combat in front of her.

ID: 103054 - BD: 5 + 1 = 6 - CD: 7
Sword Art Used: Quadruple strike [4x4 = 16]
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 838/1100 - EN: 80/110
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 (added health regen for out of combat posts) - EN: 31/32 (+2 from posts regen before; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 264/550 - DMG: 165

Ruby had looked back over to Neo as she had returned back into the battle, and she had seen that she had made herself a little friend. With a smile she had said out to Neo "What a cute familiar you found, matches a cute girl like you. Please help me with this beast please." and after she had asked Neo had moved forward to attack. Noticing its HP dropping just a bit more, she had figured that she would be able to finish it off herself, and with a attempt the Shark had moved out of the way of her attack which had brought a growl to Ruby's throat. Afterward the Shark had tried to attack back, however of course Ruby herself easily managed to get out of the way of its attack. "Is that the best you got?" Ruby had exclaimed out to the Shark Pirate that had been in head to head combat with her.

@Neopolitan

ID: 103058 - BD: 2+3=5 [Kill me please] - MD: 2-3=-1
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 838/1100 - EN: 79/110
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 (added health regen for out of combat posts) - EN: 31/32

Neo stood back, not wanting to accidentally hit Ruby as well. Even if she did manage to hit around Ruby, she would likely draw attention to herself. Neo didn't want to play the odds of how hard the Shark man could hit her, and decided to play it safe. As she was holding back, she felt an itch in her head, like a longing to help. It wasn't coming from her, though. She looked back towards the dragon, and saw it picking up its clawed feet, rearing to go. Neo nodded her heads toward the fight, asking a simple question. She felt a feeling of relief and the dragon took up into the sky. For a moment, Neo was worried it would run away, but instead it turned in to try and help the fight. Neo wasn't sure what it was trying to accomplish, but it seemed to be analyzing the fight for the moment. Hopefully, there would be some good help that came from all of this.

Attack Skipped.

[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 (added health regen for out of combat posts) - EN: 32/32 (+1 regen)

Ruby had let go of the Shark to gain some distance, instead of being face to face with the monster she had figured that at a distance she could get her attack just right. Ruby was just a little bit upsetted by all these monsters that had been constantly appearing and her constantly messing up attacks to get all of them. Ruby had looked back at Neo and she had been only a bit grateful that she hadn't been attacking the monster, the last thing she wanted was for her to fight a monster the power of Ruby's level. She had looked back to the Shark Pirate in which had moved forward but slipped onto the ground, Ruby had smirked seeing the opportunity she had to end this, moving forward she had moved her hand to move down on the Shark's Jaw, however it had managed to get out of the way of her strike once again.

@Neopolitan

ID: 103137 - BD: 2+3=5 [KILL ME PLEASE] - MD: 1
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 (added health regen for out of combat posts) - EN: 32/32

Not wanting to attract any unnecessary attention to herself, Neo decided to hang back as she watched Ruby throw another miss. For how top heavy the shark man should be, it could certainly move quite quickly. There was little that Neo could really do anyways. The monster was too tough for her to do that much damage to and if she took a hit, she might end up dead. Neo felt the same twitch in the back of her mind, a feeling of hope. Neo couldn't tell where it was coming from until she saw the tiny dragon above her. It seemed as though it was trying to say to not give up. It was strange communicating purely through feelings. Though Neo had often needed to read into people to better understand what their intent was, she had never had this kind of emotional connection with someone, or something, before.

Ruby had looked to the Frozen Shark Pirate and was seriously ticked off, her luck recently has not been the best at all, she had been missing a lot of attacks that she should be landing, shes been constantly fishing up monsters and bosses threatening her own life... and she had just wondered what she had done to deserve luck like this. However she was snapped back into reality as the monster moved forward and got a critical hit against her, Ruby had moved back a bit after the attack and looked up to her HP, she had been taking more hits than what she had been originally comfortable with which she had just connected again with her outstandingly bad luck lately, however moving forward and slamming her fist against the Shark's jaw she had managed to finally hit it with a critical ending its life. Afterward Ruby had took a moment and took a few deep breathes to calm down.

@Neopolitan

ID: 103308 - BD: 10 - MD: 10
ID: 103309 - LD: 13+6=19 - CD: 12 = 1650 Col, 4 T1 Materials
Sword Art Used: All Might [Damage: 18+2=20*15=300]
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 673/1100 - EN: 63/110
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 (added health regen for out of combat posts) - EN: 32/32
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 0/550 - DMG: 165

Loot: 4450 Col, 16 T1 Materials, 7 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b], 1 T1 Rare Unidentified Weapon [102976], 2 T1 Perfect Unidentified Consumables [102976a, 102976b]

Neo watched as Ruby finally managed to take out the shark man, even with the difficulty coming her way. The dragon circled back down towards her, and looked towards her in a curious fashion. Neo cast her line before trying to communicate with it. It seemed as though it was communicating through feelings, which was fine as Neo wouldn't be able to communicate with words. It was giving off a sense of patience as Neo cast her line. She gave back a feeling of acceptance once more, and felt happiness return to her. The dragon came closer and snuggled up against Neo. She didn't have much time to enjoy it though as she quickly had to reel in a catch on the line. Startled, the dragon backed up a bit, but came in closer once Neo had settled in again. She would let Ruby recovery a bit while they bonded, but Neo's job here was done.

@Ruby

Spoiler

Roll ID #103319

CD - 6 - 1x T1 mat

Loot: 4450 Col, 17 T1 Materials, 7 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b], 1 T1 Rare Unidentified Weapon [102976], 2 T1 Perfect Unidentified Consumables [102976a, 102976b]

Ruby had finished her deep breath after that battle, she had found herself lately getting more annoyed by these sort of things... and a part of her really didn't understand why fully. However, she just needed to get past that and finish things up with Amethyst. Ruby had walked up to Neo as her familiar snuggled up to her, and she had smiled a bit seeing a adorable creature snuggle up to her. Ruby said out to her "What a cute familiar you have there Neo..." she had giggled "However I feel as though we've done enough work for today, you wanna call it a day?" she had asked her. She had finished up her statements by saying out to her "We should try to meet together to do another thing next time, I do promise that my luck will be a lot better next time" she had rubbed the back of her head with a nervous giggle.

@Neopolitan