[OP-F16] Everyone needs a break in the summer. All competitions is over. Time for prizes!!!

The blonde girl (@Vigilon) who had splashed the two boys earlier came to her and suggested a little stunt. One that Arabelle had already done before and was more than willing to do again. A mischievous smile adorned her lips as she gave the cute, blonde girl another once-over. "You. I like how you think." Looking at @Grimm, who was flailing around like he was half-blind (water had gotten into his eyes?), she decided to mark him as the easier target and sunk underneath the water.

A flash of yellow and green. And she saw Hazado get dragged underneath. Arabelle's laughter came out in bubbles as she took hold of Grimm's legs and dragged him deeper into the water. At some point, their gazes seemed to meet, so she threw up a peace sign and rejoined the blonde. The mischievous girl introduced herself as Kanari. Then, she provided her real name. Oh. Right. Some people did that. "Arabelle," she introduced. "The guy I dragged, over there, is Grimm."

Just a few moments after Arabelle introduced herself, @Hazado said something about payback before going underwater. Arabelle couldn't help but laugh as Kanari was pulled underneath, but her laughter was quickly turned into muffled cursing as she found herself underwater as well. She resurfaced quickly, coughing, and noticed the rampaging Hazado pull Grimm under...for the second time this day. "Hey! I didn't do anything to you!"

Edited by Arabelle
added the last paragraph, i didn't realize Hazado did that earlier
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few minutes have passed since he built the four sand 'cones'. Those cones were taken down and soon he ends up building a 'volcano', complete with a hole in the center. It takes him some time and effort to make sure that the volcano doesnt fall, and though it still looks decent, at least he created something pleasant to his own eyes.

As he finishes building his sculpture and washes the sand away from his hands with the tide, he stares at it, sitting down in front of it. Reminds him of Lake Ashi for some reason. Misses the place. He sighs quietly.

He looks at his right, where he can see the party going on, to see a large fiddler crab staring at him with its tall eyes, not moving at all, save for its legs and large purple pincer. Kioshi stares at the rather interesting creature.

Like other mobs, it has health, but the marker that is normally above players and mobs is absent. Maybe this one's harmless.

Both of them gaze each other like museum exhibits for minutes.

Despite the noisiness of the beach, Shi felt at peace. He had nobody to talk tonbut he still felt as happy as ever, if not happier. His gaze moved to Cain, who was in the process of chatting up another girl. It seemed as though the previous woman had deemed him unfit to talk to and left. If this really was the blonde man that Shi knew and loved, then he was not going to give up because of one failure. No, instead he would move forward and continue flirting with every girl who he thought was even a little bit cute.

Shi was different, however. It wasn't that he didn't flirt (believe me, he did), but that he was not flirtatious around random individuals. He did not come to the beach to find someone to sleep with; he just a friend to talk to.

He eyed down a group in the water who had been splashing each other. They were clearly the kings and queens of the party, as they consisted of a good number of players. As much as he wanted to talk to them, he did not. Instead he made his way over the shoreline until the people in the water were behind him. He had experience with groups like that and normally, they didn't interest the noirette. As he confidently moved through the wet sand, Shi noticed a man who looked to be about the age of his grandfather staring down a crab. 

"Cool looking crab, huh?"

@Kioshi

Krysta looked over to see what was going on in the water, since Vigilon looked over to it to see his friend drag someone under, followed by Arabelle dragging the other under, and when they all resurfaced, they were all dragged under by the first to be pulled under. Vigilon explained his experience being one of those who Kanari had dragged under. It explained why Vigilon wasn't surprised with Kanari dragging the guy under. Sunova said that Krysta and Vigilon were cute together, and that Vigilon had a nickname for her...? "Oh, ahaha, actually, Jewel is my real name. We decided to call each other by our real names when we got into a relationship. Although, if it wasn't my name, it would truly be a nice nickname." Sunova said that she heard that Krysta was very romantic and that she respected that. What could have brought that to her- The note. Vigilon must have told Sunova about it. It would be the only explanation for this. Krysta blushed slightly upon the realization. Sunova seemed to be hyper at this time, for she was hopping up and down a bit over seeing Krysta and Vigilon together.

@Vigilon @Sunova

Almost immediately after a male player remarks about the crab's great appeal, Kioshi looks up, not opening his mouth to say anything. Long black hair. Some headband around his forehead bearing a symbol or crest of some sort. Is he trying to be a ninja? Stealth mechanics here might work, but Kioshi thinks that there must be limitations to stealth as the game isn't really clear about that approach in combat. @Shi

He gazes at the male player for only three minutes before looking back at the crab. As usual, he has nothing to say. The crab soon turns around so its front would face the sea, then it walks towards Kioshi and stops at just a few meters beside him. It probably wants company, or maybe because it is bored. Kioshi stares at the ocean too, not moving at all as his galloglass sword lies at his left. The breeze begins to get a little stronger as he feels the peace from the quietness of the beach.

As he admired the activities from afar, Sure had his doubts about jumping in. The last time he set foot on a beach was a few years prior during a week-long trip to California. What began all smiles and sunshine swiftly broke down into fully-fledged chaos, and a(n expensive) hospital trip was only the second worst thing to go down. On the plus side, the brunette did learn an awful lot about pier regulations that day.

Trying to psych himself up, he opened his inventory and began to carefully examine options for fashion. If he was going to go through with it, he wanted to look the part; Or at least to not look like he'd confused a beach party with a raiding party. The iron links of his breastplate clinked and dissolved into dust, only briefly revealing the tunic beneath before a khaki racerback tank slid over his torso. Despite feeling naked without a pair of sunglasses dangling from his neck, a simple combo of black shorts and matching sandals rounded off the holiday vibe he was shooting for, and the eager explorer soon set off to join in.

He spotted a small group engaged in thrilling conversation by the water, whilst another looked to be watching the crabs roaming the sands. Intriguing as it was, Sure wasn't looking to get snapped in half by the surprisingly dormant crustaceans, deciding to steer well clear instead. The brunette's interest naturally shifted to the nearby volleyball nets, forcing him to shudder and recoil at the sight. 'C-California... N-no, that wasn't your fault, damn it.' Ignoring the jolting flashback and going against his better judgement, he waltzed over to one of the volley balls and sneakily lent down to retrieve it. He smiled at how realistic it felt, commenting "Neat" beneath his breathe as he spun it around in his fingers. A brief look around revealed that no games were ongoing just yet, though that wouldn't stop him using the opportunity to practice his serve.

Edited by Sure
Fixed up the wording/grammar on the last paragraph.

She fumbled with her fingers and sighed. It's so hot. How can people live like this? She narrowed her eyes at the ocean water. I guess they have that too.. but, ugh. No thanks. She grasped her glass tightly, taking in it's contents. Placing it in her lap, she stared at the group of people in the water and shuddered. "When are they going to announce the competitions..?" she groaned, leaning back on her arms. I'm seriously going to leave if they don't soon. It's hot, boring and hot. She wiped her forehead and let out a hot breath, "where did the flirt go?" she looked around, a crossed look on her face. Agh, whatever. He's probably finding himself a beach babe. She rolled her eyes at the though, digging her feet into the sand as she did so. Wait, wheres Orias? She jumped up at the thought. I don't think he's in my shadow. if he was.. crud. "Hey Orias.." she whispered, trying not to let anyone hear her, "you there?" she mumbled, crossing her arms. No answer. Her face morphed into annoyance. "C'mon, you better not be messing with me again," she hissed under her breath. No answer. She sighed, her shoulders drooping. Crud.

There is only one thing Grimm knew for sure to do when around Hazado and Arabelle, don’t let your guard down around them. Unfortunately for him, this was exceptionally difficult to do, especially since they way they act is playful and happy. Grimm heard a strange noise and couldn’t place it, it sounded like someone went underwater. “Hazado. Be my eyes, what just happened?”  There was no response from him. Nothing but bubbles. “Hazado?” It was at this moment that someone grabbed his legs. “No! No! No! N-” Sebastian was suddenly yanked underwater, fortunately, he took a deep breath before submerging. He resurfaced to Hazado saying how he is “probably dead”. “Your lucky I can’t see that well. Besides, I was kinda expecting this.” Sebastian said with a grin on his face. He looked around, his vision was coming back. He noticed something immediately. “Wait a minute, where is Arabelle?” Just then, he felt something brush against his legs for a moment. “No not agia-” He was once again yanked under the water, this time by Arabelle, he turned while underwater to face her, his eyes were open. He saw a blurry shape which he figured was Arabelle. Then scowled, which is his way of saying "That was uncalled for." Then something occurred to him, felt like he was forgetting something, something important, oh yeah, breathing. He erratically swam up to get a breath of air as Arabelle resurfaced. “Well played… Well played…” Grimm said, his facial expression looked like he was brainstorming ways to get her back. “Well, now that I can see at least a little better than before, I’m gonna grab a snack from the barbeque, you two want anything?” Sebastian looked between the two players.

Edited by Grimm

Passing the ball between his hands, Sure scanned the beach to keep an eye out for potential players. Waves crashed against the shoreline and sprayed the brunette's feet with droplets of water, drawing his attention for a moment to the people chatting in the shallows. 'As entertaining as it would be, maybe throwing them a surprise ball isn't the best tactic...' He discarded the idea rather quickly.

The man sighed, resigning himself to a session of practice serving. Knees bent and with a focused mind, he flung the ball high into the air and pushed off the ground to spike it over the net, making contact with an explosive THWACK as it rocketed over to the other side. A hollow thud echoed as the ball burrowed into the sand, and Sure could only smile as he landed down on the soft floor. 'Nice!' he thought to himself, already ducking below the net as he shifted to retrieve the ball.

Swooping down to pick it up, he glanced upwards to see a player sitting idly in the sand nearby. Noting the shifty expression and drooped shoulders, he assumed she was trying to mask that something was obviously bothering her; That or the heat was beginning to get people down. With an uncertain hum, he debated whether approaching her was really the best idea, though it quickly became apparent it wouldn't hurt to try. Besides, maybe she'd be up for a game?

Sneaky as ever, he dropped the ball and punted it with the back of his heel, making the incident appear as an accident as it barrelled over towards @Asakku. "H-hey, watch out!" Shouting with a softened tone, Sure jogged after the ball at a mellow pace, slowing to a halt a few meters short of the dark-headed woman. "Sorry about that, didn't mean to smack it that hard," he lied with a nervous chuckle, massaging the back of his neck. Taking a second to breath, he waited a moment to pose his next question. "I-if you don't mind, are you alright? You looked a little... tense, just now."

Edited by Sure
Got Asakku's hair colour wrong.

[ OOC : She has black hair btw.. lol ]

The player watched the ball roll a few steps away from her with narrowed eyes. “Oh,” she sighed, massaging her temples, She studied his expression for a few more seconds before toying with her hair. People are so nosy.. she commented to herself as she heard his question. “Yeah, I’m fine. My stupid Familiar got lost again,” she huffed, noting that this wasn’t the first time Orias has wondered off. He better not get into any trouble or I swear he’s going to regret it. She mumbled a few more incoherent words before looking up at him again. “So what do you want?” she blurted out, “it’s not everyday a stranger comes up to you and asks you a random question,” she went into thought a few moments after that. Actually, that’s been happening a lot lately. Jesus, what is going on? Aincrad is so weird.. she sighed, face palming herself.

@Sure

[OOC: Edited to reflect that, sorry]

Sure raised an eyebrow, 'Again?' Given all the possible things that he thought could be bothering her, that wasn't particularly high on the his list. "Oh, uh," he started, "I guess not, huh?" His nervous chuckle returned for a moment. Ironically, this was the most normal encounter he'd had with another person so far. "A-actually, I was gonna ask if I you wouldn't mind passing that ball back, but that's not important for now." As much as he wanted to get back to playing, the disappearance of someone's pet took priority, even if they were essentially a stranger. "You um, you said you lost your familiar. A-are they like a dog or something? Does that... happen often?" It was a little strange for anything to get lost on such an open beach, he thought. 'Maybe the forest over there could provide some cover? If it's a pet monkey, I swear to God I'm not climbing any trees...'

@Asakku

Edited by Sure

Hazado nodded to @Grimm who said he was getting some food, Hazado followed him "Do my a good chunk of meat, I will be right over here or maybe there," as he points to the small group that was existing out of Krysta Vigilon and Sunova. He looked back at the water where the two girl where still in the water. He knew Arabelle would come for some payback soon or later so he stayed on his guard making sure Arabelle did not sneak up as she did most of the time. He starches a bit and looks around to see what kind of people had joined the party, a guy with still full clothing was wondering around and some other people, he then saw a girl he knew, what the hell is she doing here, thought she did not like things like this, he thougt to himself.

A small laugh came of as a ball landed next to her, a guy was playing with that ball all by himself. He thought is would be funny to see her reaction if he walked up as well, but however as he looked closer he saw that her small shadow hugger was not around. He walked up to the two and greeted them "Aah look who is here it is the 'Next time I'll see you I'll try to die' @Asakku herself," he said equipping his summer jacket again. He then turned to the guy "good day to you as well, see you are talking to Asukku here,Tip she doesn't like to talk really and likes to be left alone, Name is Hazado." @Surehe said to the guy standing there. He looked around to see if the shadow hugger of a familiar was around but of no luck "Think your buddy shadow hugger is over there at does shadows from the trees or maybe at the barbeque over there,"  he said to her

Sh picked up at the ball and sighed, "well," she started, throwing it in the opposite direction, "whoops." She blinked innocently and shrugged. Scratching the back of her head, she gave a low snort, "I guess you could say it's a dog. It doesn't really look like a dog. It kind of resembles a wolf in a way," she pondered, putting the image of Orias in her head. "Oh yeah, it happens all the time. He's annoying," she mumbled the last part under her breath and blew a puff of hot air. 

She turned to hear a familiar voice. Ugh, why is he here? She whirled her head to see the one and only. "You," she seethed, Okay, I regret coming here, "Yeah, listen to him," she jabbed Hazado in the stomach and face palmed. "Why are you here? More importantly, why are you talking to me?" She groaned, covering her eyes. The world is ending, thats the only way. "Shadow hugger?" she peeked from her fingers, "thats the first. Thanks for the suggestion or whatever. I'll be going there.. to find him," she lied. I'll be going there to get away from you two. She scoffed, getting ready to leave.

@Hazado @Sure

Sunova looked quite happy as she talked to both Vigilon and Krysta, she always has like to see Krysta ever sense Vigilon talked about her while doing there quest. It was good to speak with people who she liked on first meeting and she would love to hear more about the love between Vigilon and Krysta, "Jewel, that is a beautiful name for a beautiful person as you, I like it. My real name means 'Clear Child' mostly get called Sumi instate of my real name Sumiko, but my friends say Sumi sounds cute." she said looking to Krysta. She was really having a nice conversation with the two as this was one of the first times she acutely saud her real name to someone, appart from her best friend Haz, now also Krysta and Vigilon knew her real name. "but did you know Vigilon saved me a lot's of times when we did a quest, first thing he did for me was save me from a group of guys, taught them a lesson or two, Vigilon no worries my friend Hazado over there has been taking care of any other stalkers," she said turning to Vigilon.

As he was talking she heard a lot of splashing as she turned to the water only to see Hazado pop up out of the water laughing, what did the idiot do, she thought as she saw the others come up from the water too. It was clear to her that her friend was doomed and that some people would go at him for payback, she did not want to get involved. He followed Grimm out of the water and then walks to some girl she did not know, "the big guy, right there is Hazado if you wanted to ask,"  as she point to her friend. He seemed to know the girl and said something, as a reaction to what ever Hazado said the unknown girl jabbed him, Big softy at it again, she said as a small giggle came out of her, "He can be a idiot sometimes as he shows right now," she said still a bit lauging about how Hazado always got on the bad and of some girls.

@Vigilon @Krysta

Pick had gone to the lemonade stand to fill up his cup of beverage, and when he came back, he noticed that Asakku was conversing with two other guys. Huh. Unusual. He thought to himself, chuckling. She's not necessary the type of girl to want to talk to one guy, nevertheless two. Taking a sip of the lemonade that didn't seem to have that much taste, he closed in on the three players, listening closely. It seemed that Asakku had managed to lose her familiar somehow. Although it was a serious problem, Pick would never let other people steal the girl that he is already in the middle of talking to. Although he had taken a break by going to the lemonade stand, it doesn't mean that he has moved on to someone else or gone out of the conversation.

He smiled, fixing his blonde hair with his free hand before taking large steps towards the two male players. "Uhm. You are Sure, I remember. And you... I have never met." Pick referred to the red-haired man. Soon, however, he would meet him in a quest. "Well, it turns out that I saw the familiar not that far away." Pick lied, "If you would like, I can take you to find him." Pick glanced at the other two players, giving them a hearty smile as well.

@Asakku @Hazado @Sure

Arabelle introduced herself to Kanari, and also introduced Grimm, right before Hazado introduced himself, as well as proclaiming some payback. "Nice to meet you two!" As expected, she got pulled under. When she resurfaced, she just laughed and remarked, "Wow, you weren't kidding about being a perfect swimmer, that was flawless!" He said that he was going to be doomed...oh, he WOULD be...Kanari was already plotting some ways to get back at him for this payback. Hazado also mentioned that maybe he could get someone named Sunova after this, since she was still dry. "Not if I get her first." Grimm and Hazado began to speak of getting some barbeque. Kanari wasn't exactly starving for food, but she could eat. However, she was fairly hungry for some payback. She checked her inventory as she walked out of the water and onto the shore. Guess that bucket was going to come in handy after all. She'd used it to help someone with getting their water(for a little col, of course), but now she was going to use it for vengeance. She spotted a cooler with some ice, and she scooped some ice into the bucket, as a mischievous smirk was on her face. She then noticed Hazado was speaking with some players. A distraction. Perfect! She went straight towards the water, and filled the bucket the rest of the way. Now all she had to do was sneak up on Hazado when he wasn't looking. Hazado looked around him, trying to spot something, and Kanari froze in place for about a second or two. When he returned to his conversation, this was her chance. She came up to Hazado from behind and poured the ice water on him. No doubt, that was probably cold. She laughed and said, "How's that for payback, Hazado?"

@Hazado

Vigilon turned to watch the shenanigans in the water end. He returned to the conversation, hearing Sunova's compliment on Krysta's real name. "Yeah, it really is a beautiful name. I can't imagine any other name to be fitting enough for her. Sumi does sound like a nice nickname. Last time I checked, the name Alex apparently means 'Defender of The People'. Some people seem to give names they like the sound of, but to me, it's very interesting to uncover the meaning behind some names." Sunova then mentioned a friend of hers, and even pointed him out. Pretty soon, he noticed Kanari was walking up to him, a bucket of ice water in hand. "Oh boy, she's at it again...no doubt this could lead to more..." He had to at least say something. "Hey, Sunova, my mischievous friend is about to dump ice water on Hazado..." Oh boy, this probably wasn't going to end well...

@Krysta @Sunova

Sure could only watch as the ball rolled further across the beach, his eyebrow twitching as he grumbled beneath his breathe. "Aren't you just lovely..." With a somewhat vague description of Asakku's familiar, at least he would know what to look out for. "The apples don't fall too far from the tree, huh?" he quipped. "Thanks, I'll... keep an eye out for it, I guess." 'Not a friendly gal, huh?'

It wasn't long before another player showed, and Sure turned to greet the mystery man. With Hazado's warning and Asakku's reassurance that she disliked company, the brunette took it at face value, raising his hands innocently. "Y-yeah, message received. Name's Tully, by the way," he revealed, "B-but just call me Sure." Two was a party, three was a crowd, and the social pressure was beginning to mount up.

Another person would soon approach, though Sure knew exactly who this person was. Remembering back to their first meeting, he immediately got an idea of what the blonde might be after. "Oh hey, what's up," he greeted, casting a friendlier smile than he'd given the others. "Still on for talking business sometime?" To the brunette's relief, Pick mentioned he knew where the familiar was, and he rested easy knowing he wouldn't have to spend any effort looking.

@Asakku @Hazado @Pick

Edited by Sure

The guy that called himself @Sure sounded a bit nervous at first as he spoke to both Asakku and himself, some people aren't just cut out to talk been there myself, he thought inspecting him but as he felt a jab into his stomach he knew who it was, even is she did not like him at all she always ended up thanking him once more. "and that is a second time you thank me @Asakku you keep doing it. So for why I'm here simple got tricked into coming here, and for why I'm talking to you, well to see how your holding up, like I said before in or other conversation I will keep doing it. It's what I do!" he said holding his stomach a bit for the jab she gave him. As she was about the leave to get away from the two guys, what she tried to most people a guy in full suit came walking up, who seemed to know the guy next to him and both Asakku. He laughed a bit at it. This guy looked like he wanted to hang out with Asakku more that he did to find her shadow Hugger. "Asakku you have fun trying to get away from this guy, he seemed interested in you. And if I find your Shadow hugger's play skull or himself I will call you," he said as he turned to the guy he did not know the name of "good day, name is Haz..." as bucket of cold freezing water went over his body, "Jezz, darn christ." he yelled out in his British accent.

@Pick

He turned around only to see Kanari saying "how is that for a payback" he stood there completely still. The then held up one finger "Excuse me for a moment, I need to deal with someone." as he stood in front of Kanari and took up a quick reaction and grabbed her over his shoulders. "water seems nice doesn't it Little missy, why not go for a swim with the fish again you, me and the fish," he said holding her over his shoulder making sure she could not escape his grip as he walks away from the conversation he was just in with Kanari on his shoulder.

Looking around to see a good spot to drop her into the water his eyes spot a small cliff above the water, "how much do you like height," as he walks over to the cliff. Standing on the cliff he tried to look down to see if it was save, luckily for him he saw that it was deep there and could safely jump down. " here we are now how about a flying lesson from me," as he took her to the cliff to throw her in, with one smooth movement he threw her into the water from the cliff how ever as he did this he lost his footing and felled after her ,karma is real darn, he thought falling down as well.

@Vigilon

She glanced from boy, to boy, to boy. “What is this, a harem?” She muttered under her breath,  glancing up at the sky for a few moments,“oh Jesus, what have I ever done to you to make me deserve this?” Waving to Pick as he entered their little ‘group’, she bit her lip. “So, you guys know each other. That’s just dandy,” she waved t off and looked up at @Pick, “You know where Orias is?” She flicked him in the forehead, “why did you tell me earlier, huh?” 

“Yes, yes. I am the most loveliest and most sweet girl you’ll ever meet,” she said in a higher pitched tone. “Nice name.. Sure,” she scoffed, rolling her eyes. Peoples names these days.. tch. She looked in between Pick and @Sure for another few moments and rubbed the bridge of her nose with annoyance. “As much as I’d like to know what your so called deal is, I need to find my familiar,” she gave a loud cough and harshly nudged her elbow on Picks arm.

”Let it be the last time I thank you if you’re gonna be so egoistic about it,” she mumbled, crossing her arms. She tuned in to the last time they talked, “Whatever, just go back to your swimming and junk.” Raising a brow at his warning, she shrugged it off, “oh please, I couldn’t get away from this leech even if I tried,” she motioned towards Pick. Watching him run off soaking wet, she suppressed a snicker. Well, there goes my relaxing day at the beach.

@Hazado

Edited by Asakku

Dustin walked onto the beach, panning his eyes across the horizon. This is gonna be relaxing. He looks around, too many people for my taste. Making his way back to a tree, he sits and exhales. "Way too many people." He sighs, opening his inventory and looking for his regular clothes. Then again, it does feel nice to not be wearing all that armor, even if it is super light. He slides his body lower to a laying position. After a few minutes, Dustin stands up and leans against the tree. Bad idea to sleep here, too many people. Plus I talk in my sleep, so that's no good. Dustin runs as fast as he can to the emptiest part of the water and dives in head first, not realizing it's only a few feet deep.

He stands up quickly and spits out sand, looking around frantically to make sure no one saw. "Close one, too close. I was almost embarrassed." Dustin turns, noticing everyone on the other side of him. He looks at the sky and holds his face. "This was supposed to be how I learn to talk to people." He complains. Might as well just sit and wait, hopefully someone else will initiate the conversation.