[PP-F05] Hot sands and Burning Sun <<The Traveler>>

It was really hot on floor five, why did Sunova come her was for her jet unknown to herself, but once she saw a person in clock with a quest marker above her head she knew she wanted it to do it with someone. The floor was hot and knowing that it would be hard was known to Sunova. she opened her menu to look at the people who were in her friend list, two names came by, two names that were special to Sunova and she wanted to be with them. She planned to send them both a message with the information and location where they would be meeting up.

Now, why not wait a bit, as she walked over to the location she said on the edge of the small town right across from the lady in clock and the quest she wanted to do. Then she saw why most players tried to evade this floor and get as fast as possible to the next one. there was a big Sandstorm coming here way, it even looked like it was going to there way, let's hope it does not hit while we are doing this quest, I know sandstorms have a small damage hit so it would be best if it did not hit us during the quest.

The message she sends to @Neopolitan And @Hazado

Heyo, Nice to talk to you again, I wanted to ask you if you can come to floor five and do a big quest with me, it sounds like it has some good things to get once you finish this quest so I wanted to aks both a Tank and a DPS player, so thats why I asked a friend to come as well. I'm in the small town on floor five at the edge of the town at a small sandstone gate. I meet you there please don't be late I don't like this hot sun here!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazado was walking around wanting to do something but he knew there would be a lot of things to do in this world, He always ended up alone so it would be easy however He was scared of death and did not take many risks, As he got a ping from someone he opened his menu to see who it was, Oh course the only person that would end up pinging me would be you, Su, he thought, looking at the message. mph a big quest, and she both wanted a Tank and DPS so three people, I would like to know who but on the other hand it would be ... yeah, it would. he thinks not letting his own mind finish the sentence. He got to the teleporter and went up to floor five.

Once on floor five he started walking to the Sandstone gate Su mentions and he sees the small white haired girl standing there. Taking a bit of a sprint Hazado became already tired because of the warmth of this floor and his armor made it even hotter. "Goodmorning," he said with an English accent "How are you Su, Long time no see. How have you been" he said looking around to see if this other player already showed up but of no sighed of the other player Hazado continued. "So about this quest, What is it about, Because this Sun is really hot, How does it even shine so hot here and not on the other floors?" he said stretching out a bit.

Neo was in her shop when she got a ping for a message. Bringing it up, she saw that it was Su wanting to do another quest. Figuring that it couldn't hurt to do another quest, Neo quickly geared up for whatever the quest may be. Though she still had to wear her leather, she made sure to wear some loosed clothing underneath. She had been to the floor before and knew that it was going to be quite the heat up there. Warping to the fifth floor, Neo was welcomed with the sudden wave of heat. It was quite strange, as the floor just below was completely frozen over. Though perhaps if this game were truly a bit more real this would be where all of the heat would go. Neo walked over to the sandstone gate that Su had mentioned, and saw that someone else was already there. Neo gave a smile and a wave to the both of them, it seemed that Neo wasn't the only one who made a few new friends since they had last met up.

She was waiting and the sun began to burn a bit on her head, so she took under a shadow quit quick. But then she heard an all to familiar accent, the accent of an English man. She turned around to see if it was truly him and yes it was, "I have been great, What are you looking for Haz?" she asked knowing he was looking if the other player showed up yet. It was great to have now her two best friends meet each other even if Hazado did not like making friends. As he said it was warm he giggled a bit "Of course it is warm, you big softy. You are wearing heavy armor that is made of metal." she commented hitting his chest.

As she looked past Hazado she saw an all to familiar face that waved at them, "NEO OVER HERE," Sunova waved back at her. She jumped passed Hazado and took Neo by the hand to the gate, "Neo this is my friend Hazado, He is quite a good tank If I must say," she said looking at Neo and pointing at Hazado, "Haz this is Neo also my friend, she is Mute so she won't talk that much," she said looking at Haz and pointing at Neo. Sunova had so much energy that she started to hop a little up and down, it was great that her two best friends finally meet and she was part of it.

So they both came to help Sunova in this quest it would be a great time and maybe it was time for Sunova to take the role of a leader "So both of you are here, so how would you like if I became the leader of our little adventure, I will make the party and we can start the quest," she said opening her menu and inviting both players into her party. She then waited for both the accept and start this quest.

It was good to hear that Sunova was doing good and even greater that she was still her same old self. Then she commented on his Armor and that is was no wonder he was warm. "True you got me there," he said with a low giggle. The Sunova began to yell and wave, Hazado turned around to see who was the DPS she talked about. there he saw a girl with two different times of hair color, she is the person that would be the DPS interesting. he thought,doing  an awkward wave at the girl walking up to them, before The girl was close Sunova ran up to her and grabbed her hand and took her to the place he was still standing, he was not surprised for that kind of reaction from her but still it was something he would never do.

Sunova started the introductions and called him a quite a good tank, of course, he was good in other games but that did not mean in this as well. And Then Sunova introduced him to the girl Neo was the name even if the name tag said Neopolitan, must be a nickname. he thought as he reached out to sake the girl's hand. "Um... Nice to meet you Neo... Not much of a talker he... Well um same here... Su will do the talking for us." he said with a joking smile trying not to make it more awkward for himself then it was. Sunova asked then if it was okay to become the leader of the party "Sure... You were always my leader party " he said scratching his head a bit as the window of the party invited popped up he pressed accept

Edited by Hazado

Su pulled Neo closer to the group a bit suddenly, but she didn't mind. Su was energetic, which it seemed her other friend lacked. There really was some meaning when people say that opposites attract, the most energetic person Neo knew had to of her closest friends being quite calm people. Seeing the invite, Neo quickly accepted it and shook the friend's hands. Though he had declined to offer his name for the moment, Neo would glance over to her HUD a little later and see it there as they were now in a party. Neo had a smile still on her face as she shook his hand lightly. Even if they weren't going to end up friends, there was no reason to act anything but kind. Neo turned toward Su and gestured for her to lead on. She doesn't have a problem letting someone else lead, and she didn't even know what worst they had yet.

Sunova nodded and took both the players hand and walked over the sand to the other side of the gate was a woman in clock was sitting, "Good day miss, you look a bit in trouble what is the problem if I may ask you?" sunova said to the lady who was sitting there. The lady looked up, as her face was also cover and she looked really shady but that did not matter to Sunova at the time "Yes Cough ... You can help me, I have some important Cargo hidden in the desert and Cough ... I have the location of the cargo and I could get it myself If I did not become so sick and weak Cough ... So that was you can help me, so if you like to get me my cargo I will reward you for it," As she gives a map to Sunova with the location of the Cargo.

"Neo, Haz, We got a job to do and we have no time to waste so let's get ..." She said before she looked to her left where the location was "Noooo, Not now you are kidding me right." as she pointed at the sandstorm that was about to hit them. "I have an Idea if we move now maybe we can get away from the sandstorm so let get those legs moving both of you." as she pokes both Neo and Haz in the side. as she started to walk ahead hoping them both would follow her. She stood on a small hill of sand and turned around waving them to come.

[ooc Sandstorm will do damage in my next post]

Sunova took both their hands and dragged them to the quest on the other side of the gate, Jeez you are strong for a small girl, he thought knowing she was strong because of the real-life training and of course because of the game. As Sunova was doing the talking with the NPC what looked to be interesting because of the NPC's look. He turned to Neo "Sorry If I come over as weird ... Just me, I think you deserve a proper introduction from myself instead of the one from Sunova..." as he clears his throat a bit  "Name is Hazado, A good friend of Su here, I have been with her and played many other games with her." he says to Neo, As Sunova was done doing the talking with the NPC she turned to both of them and said they have a job to do.

As she said about the sandstorm Hazado looked at it hoping it would lay down before it got to them. Sunova already walked ahead and Hazado looked at Neo, "Better not to keep her waiting there for much longer Neo, come one" he says before heading out to were Sunova was standing,

As Su talked with the NPC to get the quest, Hazado introduced himself. Even though he said he was weird, Neo just thought he was a bit shy. She gave him a smile and a not, acknowledging his introduction. Neo pulled up a chat window and gave Hazado an introduction of her own. Though she wouldn't talk, it would be a good idea to give an introduction that wasn't from someone else.

Hazado,

My name is Neo, and though I don't speak it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope we'll have the chance to qork together more in the future. Any friend of Su's is worth becoming a friend of mine.

Neopolitan

P.S. You don't come off as weird.

With the message sent and Su raring to go, Neo made sure she had everything equipped and was ready to head out. It seemed as though they would be going through the incoming sandstorm, which could be poaing some issues.

Let's see if Su has any good ideas to counteract it.

Sunova looked at the map the NPC gave her, it was quite far away. She looked around to see how long it would take for them to get there, At this point, the sun was already burning on their skin she looked back at her two companions and she could do nothing else than feel sorry for Haz with his heavy armor, he must be very hot in that armor, she thought. She slowed her tempo a bit for the two to catch up and walk next to them, "Haz if you are warm just say so, Don't want you be overheating in that armor of yours, and Neo you should also be careful I don't want any of you to take a heat stroke." she said with a worried face.

and then out of nowhere the wind began to blow really hard and took quite a lot of sand, Sunova could not hear herself think and her vision was sorter in the sandstorm, " Neo, Haz, make sure you keep close to each other, don't lose sighed of the person next to you, If you think you lost them call out as hard as possible, I also will do a Rollcall from time to time so be ready for that," she said loud to make sure everyone could hear it. she looked back at Neo and Haz, they both looked like they would be having a hard time. "Haz Sorry but I'm going to use your big body as cover from the wind to make sure we walk the right way even if we are in this sandstorm the quest marker is not really helping at this point so I need to just both this map," as she held up the map the NPS gave " and my own map with quest marker, at this point it is pointing straight ahead," she said looking at her menu to see where the quest marker was.

ID: 103329

CD: 4 [Sandstorm no effect]

Edited by Sunova

He nodded to Neo as he read the message, it was good to hear well see that Neo wanted to work together, even if this quest did not make you fight something it was a good way to build up some trust if they were to work together longer. Hazado was walking behind, the sun was not helping his movement at all and he would be one of the main reasons the quest would take so long. "Jeez ... Why are you doing this to me Sun," he said low using his English accent removing sweat from his forehead as his armor was getting hot slowly. then Su walked next to them and sounded worried a bit that both of them could get a heatstroke or something. "You are right it is hot, Maybe... Yea why not." as he opens his menu and takes off his armor leaving only his summer jacket but leaving the bottom part of his armor on just to make sure he did not lose too much MIT "Much better, Now let's hope the sandstorm does not hit us yet," he said

But before he knew it the wind took much stronger and sand was moving everywhere, I jinxed it didn't I, he thought to himself covering his eyes. Sunova then began to speak loud but it was hard to hear what she was saying because of the wind and the sand "Still here next to you I think," he said loudly to hope his voice got over the sound of the wind and the sand, then he remembered something. ooh God Neo, she doesn't talk better keep close to her, he thought as he moved closer to Neo almost touching her "Neo uh... If I'm to close... Say... Mean poke me or something, Just want to make sure everyone it together. The Sandstorm can be a dangerous place" he said a bit nervous Then Su got closer to him and said something about cover from the wind and his big body, "Su... Please just make sure ... what I said," sounding a bit nervous even more then what he said to Neo. It almost looked like he was some sort of guardian for both girls, making sure one did not lose the group and the other protecting from the Hazards.

Role ID: 103330

CD: 6 [not affected by sandstorm]

Edited by Hazado

The group went out and was soon engulfed by the sandstorm. Neo couldn't hear much over the sound of the same blowing past her ears and could see even less. She looked through her inventory and managed to find some cloth to use as a makeshift mask. As little as it did, it was helping. The sand burned hot against her skin, and Neo heard Su shout something about roll call. Neo was unsure as to how they would accomplish that, but made sure to always keep one of the two in sight. So long as she could see one of them, they could relay her presence to the other. As for her, she would hopefully be able to hear them shouting to each other. Looking at her health bar, she noticed it fluctuating a bit. Thankfully, she had some passive regeneration that was cancelling it out for the time being.

Let's hope that this storm will break soon. Knowing the floor and the quest, it may not let up until we're done here. This will be a rough couple of days.

Spoiler

Roll ID: 103390

CD: 6 - no damage

Sunova looked at Hazado who became a bit like a small wind shield for her, but it did not help much she still got hit by the sand and the wind. She gets out a scarf she had with her and pulls it around her mouth to make sure sand did not come into it. She then looked at Hazado who got closer to Neo, it was nice to see that Haz was caring for others almost right away even if he had to break his nerve sometimes."We don't seem to move fast but it is not that far any more, Haz you know things like this, can you see what time it is?" she called out to her friend who was not walking far from her, she looked back at Haz en Neo who were walking really close to each other, she knew that Haz just wanted to make sure they didn't lose Neo but she thought it as a cute thing from him to do. She walks next to Haz and then gives him a small push to Neo so the would touch, after she did this she skipped a few steps ahead to look as innocent as she could be.

ID: 103454

CD: 4 (no damage)

The storm and the sun were not making it easy for him he had covered his mouth and was trying to follow Sunova closely so he would not lose her. Sunova began to say something but he could barley hear is because of the wind that was blowing hard but luckly he heard it just. "let's see, about 6p.m. or something, the Sun is still here I can feel that for sure but in about three to four hours it would be dark and I think so," he said turning his eyes back to the ground were he saw Sunova's footsteps. "Su make sure you walk to the location and not make us walk in circles as you most likely will end up doing somehow" he said with a joking tone in his voice. But out of nowhere he felled something pushing him as he lost his balance a bit and fell to Neo hitting her with his body, but he caught her just before she fell to the ground, he began to blush a bit and helped Neo back to her feed "s-sorry N..Neo something pushed me and I lost my balance a bit, again sorry." he said with a nervous voice, as he looks at Neo. The then looks at Sunova who was acting all innocent in front of them, like nothing happened.

Role ID: 103457

CD: 8 (sandstorm no effect)

They kept pushing their way across the sandstorm, and Neo caught Su asking for the time. Hazado gave the time, as well as the general position the sun was in right now. He certainly seemed to have a talent for it, and that was going to be of quite a bit of use while they were trying to make their way through this sandstorm. They were making good progress, and it seemed as though they would still be able to get to the cargo before sundown even through this sandstorm. Suddenly, Hazado fell on top of her, knocking her over. She was about to hit the sand when he grabbed her just in time. He gave a nervous apology and Neo waved the hand not holding the cloth up to her mouth in an attempt to tell him that he didn't need to be apologizing. This sandstorm was prone to sudden gusts of wind and she was just glad to have someone blocking her way a little bit. She was also trying to make sure he couldn't see her blushing from the kind gesture. Even though they had just met, he was already being such a gentleman to her. Thinking about it, she realized that just about everyone she had met in this game was really kind to others. It was certainly a different atmosphere than some of the other online games she had played. Maybe being trapped in this game together was making all of them bond together with a bit more ease. Or maybe it was just the type of people the game marketed to for the opening day were all nice. Either way, it was an interesting mix of things that Neo didn't think she could ever find in a game.

Role ID: 103458

CD: 6 (sandstorm no effect)

Sunova laugh a bit looking back at the two companies she had with her, Haz moved quick in trying to catch Neo before she hits the sand and he was of course getting nervous not sort after that, but what Neo did was even cuter that she had hoped, Neo covered her face even more with the makeshift face cover and that is something that most people would do to hide something,that is so cute, like really cute, she thought and moved next to Neo. "hey, how are you holding up, did the strong hero make sure you did fall for him,"she said just to tease Neo a bit in the fact that she was the one who pushed Haz into her. Sunova acted real innocent and made sure it did not get noticed that she was up to something. She looked at Neo and spoke low so Haz did not hear it "Neo how do you like Haz so far, quite a gentleman right, he never treats me like that or anyone else so you must be getting spacial treatment from him," she said hoping for a great reaction from Neo even if she did not speak the reaction would be great. She did a small giggle hoping Neo did not notice it as she looked at the marker of her quest and saw it was not far away anymore. She jumped to the front of the group again and walked backwards,"keep it up, it won't be far anymore just a little bit more." 

ID: 103496

CD: 5 no effect

Hazado saw that Neo tried to show him that he didn't need to apologize for himself, but still it was in Hazado's nature to do so. He saw Su move to Neo with a small spark of joy in her eyes, what was she up to he thought to himself as he couldn't hear what she said to Neo. Even if she was up to something Hazado did not try to care and focused himself of keeping a eye out for both Neo and Sunova, more to Neo then Su because Su always showed she did not get lost even in this sandstorm. Sunova was done talking to Neo and this made him a bit curious to what Sunova said to Neo, but that changed fast as Sunova said to them to keep moving. "you... forgetting that... I'm wearing mostly heavy armor, I like to move faster if I could." he said to Sunova who was walking in front of them again. Hazado looked up at the sun trying to see what time it was but instate of seeing the sun he saw a orange glow to his left, "Su, not to alarm you or anything how long will soon be, the sun already started to set a bit," he called out to Sunova. Hazado knew from a documentary he once saw that the desert becomes real cold as the sun went down and he did not want to stick here for that long.

RoleID: 103497

CD: 6 sandstorm no effect

Edited by Hazado

As Neo was getting up, Su came over to her to whisper some rather insinuating things in her ear. Neo just rolled her eyes, not wanting to give much of a reaction. Even if there was a reason behind it, there was nothing for her to return at the moment. It was a kind gesture and that was it, no need to look into it any further. She just kept pushing forward into the storm, careful to make sure further accidents wouldn't lead to another domino effect. According to Hazado, the sun was going to set rather soon, and Neo hoped that meant they were getting close. The NPC said it would be a days journey out and another back. If they had any luck, though, that day estimate was neither expecting clear skies nor counting nighttime travel. If it did, they would probably be in for a long walk. Neo began to wonder what the cargo may be, they had just said it was precious to them. That meant it could either be high in intrinsic value, or just very sentimental. Perhaps it was a bit of both.

Roll ID: #103504

CD: 8 - No effect from sandstorm

Although she did not get the reaction she hoped for from Neo she would if she turned to Haz, he was still close trying to shield both her and Neo at the same time. She giggled a bit and thought he had it hard enough already, as Haz said about the time and that the sun was about to set Sunova looked up to see what he was talking about. "okay, we will hit the stop soon so be prepared,"  she said looking into her menu as she saw that the quest marker was just over the hill they were on. Sunova began to take a bit of a sprint up the hill, it was hard but still and once reacting the top she saw something stick out of the sand. A wooden box stuck out, "Snails get over here, I found it, Haz, Neo help me dig this up" she yelled back at her friends as she already started digging into the sand to only find out that there were three boxes sticking out.

ID: 103531

CD: 7 sandstorm no effect.

Hazado saw how both girl and himself were having it hard with thks sandstorm but he tried to shield them as best as he could. It was not that the sandstorm was much trouble it was more the time they had to spend trying to get to the location of the supplies. "If we hit this spot I bet for at least something that it is going to be three boxes of those so called supplies, like just out of coincident," he said as he looked at Su who was getting a bit hyped about the supplies somehow. As Sunova took a sprint however he lost sighed of her only to hear on the other side of the hill that Sunova called them snails and needed to help digging. He did not have time to sit around and run after Sunova so he just walked up the small hill looking at Neo what she was going to do. As he came to the other side he saw Su again but digging in some sand, as he walked closer he could see three boxes called it, he thought and helped with digging.

RoleID: 103571

CD: 11 sandstorm has no effect