[PP-F05] Hot sands and Burning Sun <<The Traveler>>

The group pushed on further into the desert and eventually came to a halt. As Neo peered towards the ground, she could see three boxes peeking through the sand, She bent down to help dig them out, careful not to let more sand cover them up. It was slow going, but she was eventually able to pick up one of the boxes as the others got loose. She pulled up a messaging window and messaged both Su and Haz. If the sun was going down, they would probably want to camp out for a bit. Even if they had to sleep in the sandstorm, it would be better than walking through it without seeing the stars and freezing themselves.

Party Members,

We should probably camp out for the night. Even if the sandstorm doesn't blow over during that time, it would be better than getting lost while trekking through the night,

ID: #103583

CD: 12 - No effect

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunova stacked the boxes as they got pulled out, three boxes for one each. Like Hazado said that there would be three boxes of those supplies wondering what was in them, sadly there was a lock on all of them. "darn it, locks sadly won't be opening them then," she said to her friends, it was a hard try but it would not help, the Sunova jumped a bit as the message notification popped up ,"ooh its just your message Neo, I jumped a bit," as she mumbled behind her makeshift cover. The message said they should make up a small camp, as this came to her mind Sunova looked into her inventory, she did not have anything to make a small tent but she did how ever had a sleeping beg she once bought by an NPC"Haz do you have anything to make a tent or something like that, ooh yeah and we need someone to stand guard as well." she said looking at her friend in the hope he had something to make sure he got something to get a bit saver from the night, "I can make a fire Neo want to help me?" as she got a few sticks out of her inventory and started to make a small fire beginning.

ID: 103618

CD: 12 sandstorm no effect

They got the boxes out as Sunova mentions there being a lock on them so they won't open even of they tried, maybe only the NPC can open them, he thought looking at the locks on the boxes. Hearing a small ping from a message, he saw Sunova jump in reaction to it, he laughed a bit at it as she jumped from this as he as well opened the message, "got it, I agree with Neo here, we should get something to camp at, maybe a fire or something, desserts end up freezing in the night and the sandstorm won't help at all," he says looking at both the girl, as he looks inside his inventory to see if he had something fora makeshift tent, luckily for him he had not a tent but more or a small shadow maker, it was not a tent but it gave at least some cover from the sandstorm and the cold. As the sticks and the cloth from the shodow makes popped into his hand Hazado began to set it up not gar from the two girl as they tried to make a fire. Sunova then mentions someone needed to guard, it was only one problem that person would not get any sleep, "if you want at least I can stand guard, but don't end up crying the next day that I need to speed up," he said to Sunova pointing out that he wouldn't sleep if he did stand guard. Looking at the two girl trying to make a fire looked good and it was not to know that Su knew a bit of camping as she told h before that she went camping with her family quite a lot.

RoleID: 103624

CD: 2 -sandstorm no effect

As Neo went over to help Su with making the fire, she realized that the sandstorm was just going to put it out almost immediately. She positioned herself to block the winds from hitting the fire as much, and was able to get a small fire going with more help from Sunova. Just as they did, Neo felt a large gust hit her in the back, knocking her over. The fire stayed lit, thankfully, and Neo got back up without much trouble. Her health bar had taken a hit from it though. She watched as it slowly crawled back up.

Thank goodness for that healing skill I took.

As Hazado announced he could take guard, Neo quickly wrote up a message. She didn't want to make someone stay up all night just to keep guard. It wouldn't even be that likely that they wee attacked during a sandstorm like this.

Hazado,

I can split guarding with you tonight. You should get at least some rest while we're stopped for the night.

Roll ID: #103669

CD: 1 - 20 damage from sandstorm

Neo: 340/360 HP

as all of them tried to do there best to set up a little camp she was Haz pull out something that looked like a shadow screen, but it was good enough for some cover at least. as Neo helped her make a campfire she started to see a bit of a smoke trail, "If we keep this up we would get fire, Eep if the wind was not so strong," she said looking at the shadow screen that Haz was putting up. Neo then fell to the ground trying to help her with the fire, as Sunova looked to the top of her few she saw Neo's health drop a bit, "Neo watch out please, PLease okay," she said moving closer to Neo to heal her up right away with her skill. Healing Neo felled good and Sunova was trying to give a small smile to Neo but the sandstorm made it impossible. She saw that Haz got the screen up and he said that he would be standing guard for the night but then Neo typed something probably to Haz.

"I c-can also stand guard if you two want to sleep!" she said quickly hoping they both would accept her trade so that they would sleep. Sunova then went on with making the fire and slowly but surely thanks to the screen the fire went on, it was warm and nice and Sunova waved both of her party members over and got out her notebook. "Haz... you take first watch, then Neo and last but not least me, cus I won't sleep long because of this storm," she said as she wrote it down plus some other things like how she pushed Haz but without success of Neo's reaction. Sunova then laid down and closed her eyes hugging her notebook in her arms "Neo Get some sleep, Haz has first watch." she said before falling asleep.

Spoiler

First Aid used on Neopolitan

Neo: 354/360 HP [+14HP]

ID: 103714

CD: 3 sandstorms no effect

[OOC Haz, if you take watch you will be doing it first after the end of your post Its Neo's turn to stand watch and then my turn]

Looking back at the two girls making the fire he sees that Neo got hurt, "Neo are you alright, make sure to stay in the cover of the screen," he says as he moves to the girl seeing how the fire was going and to make sure the wind did not hit them. he then got a message from Neo saying that she wanted to take turns with watch, "Sure if you want to, I'm okay with it" he said before he could continue Su spoke up quick about that she also wanted to stand guard so they both could get some sleep. "Are you sure Su, It not like that we don't want you to stand guard but if you like be my guest," he said with a grin on his face. As Su then took out her notebook He looked at what she was writing down, WAIT is that a dairy, he thought and move back quickly to make sure she did not see that he watched what she was writing down. Sunova explained her plan for the watch and Hazado agree with the plan with a stern nod. Both the girls went to sleep he thought and he would stand just good to still keep an eye on both the girls and the area around them.

It got dark quicker then Hazado was thinking and the fact that the sandstorm was still going on did not make it a perfect way to see into the dark, as well that Hazado did not like the dark at all and was a bit scared about it. Ever simple sound he jumped a bit as he held his spear in his hand and guarded their small camp. he stood there for some hours now and still, he did not get used to the sound of the dark desert. Why did I go first watch, I hate the dark like no hell I would do this for strangers, but sins it is Su I will, He thought looking back at the sleeping Sunova. he jumped a bit at every sound and slowly began to nod into his sleep, he did not see the moon at all because of the sandstorm and it was to hard to see far into the sandstorm itself. he then looked at Neo and walked up to her tapping on the body "Neo, Can you ... take over watch, I'm getting tired now so just wake up Su if you get tired," he said as he yawned a bit

RoleID: 103715

CD: 4 Sandstrom No effect

Neo gave a nod to Su, both in gratitude for the heal and agreement for doing the watches. She did her best to get comfortable, but the billowing winds made that a little tricky. Her passive healing was definitely helping a bit though, so Neo was glad to have it. It felt like it had only been moments before Hazado came to get her for the next watch. She nodded towards him and gave him a spot inside the shade maker. She made herself warm by the fire that had already been reduced to just embers. At least she didn't have to worry as much about falling asleep while on watch. The sandstorm definitely took care of that. She waited what felt like a few hours, wanting to help Su get more sleep. She then went over and gently shook Su awake, hoping she would remember her watch was up next.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103716

CD: 9 - No sandstorm effect

Neo: 357/260 (+3 from battle healing)

(OOC: Don't forget the energy cost for first aid Su)

As Sunova feels a faint shook she opens her eyes to see Neo, "My.. Turn, Okay just hold on" she said as she gets up pushing Hazado a bit just to tease him. She pointed at the spot where she was laying "It is warm, Haz also is giving off a bit of warmth," she said wanting that Neo went to sleep there. she then stood up as she looked at her fire that was at this point just coal and nothing more, "Brr, When does the sun come up," she mumbles to herself as she looks to the distance in hope to something move up slowly. What felt like a sort five minutes took hours and the sun was starting to rise already. Looking back at her friend she smiled and then shook them awake in the hopes they could move on again as early as it was.

"Neo, Haz, I want to leave this place, Don't want to be here any longer," she said in the hopes they heard her. She looked at the boxes who still stood there with all their pride as they were still locked. She looked at Haz and then pointed at the shade maker. "Make sure you take it, Next time it would be useful," she said grabbing a box and holding it on her side with a small strep. it was not really to heavy but still walking with this and the sandstorm felt harder then it looked.

Spoiler

EN: 16/16

ID: 103748

CD: 6 sandstorms no effect

He was sleeping quit peaceful even if he was laying on the sand with a sandstorm around as well, he knew that Neo and Su would do the watches now and he felt save a bit more knowing they got his back. as he slept a bit he felt a poke as he turns to try to hit the thing that poked him but with a lot of motivation, he only turned around and not hitting anything at all. It felt like a small thirty minutes have passed as he gets woken up by Su, He looks up at her as he also looks at Neo who was no also getting up, "you did your part Su, I will do my part now in getting up," he said as he stands up waiting for Neo to do the same before removing the Shade maker.

As he grabs the shade maker and it disappears into pixels and into his inventory he walks over to one of the boxes and grabs it. Putting it on his back as it felt like nothing to carry but still, the sandstorm did not help him move at all. "Good choice to keep us up now, as it is still early we don't have to worry about the warmth too much," he said looking at both the girl. He then walks up to Su and pats her on the head, "Good job standing guard Su," he says. He then turns to Neo "And you too Neo, great job, We did not get attacked by anyone so that's a good sign," he said with a small laugh as the sandstorm was still moving around, Why is the sandstorm still here even, Maybe it is because of the quest, who knows. he thougt to himself covering his eyes for a bit

RoleID: 103752

CD: 11 Sandstorm no effect.

Edited by Hazado

Neo got up as Hazado removed the shade maker, buffeting her with more sand. She quickly pulled up the piece of cloth she had been using yesterday to try and filter out the sand. It was still relatively early and actually a little pleasant, save for the sandstorm. Neo gave a short nod to Hazado in thanks to his praise and stood up. Taking the middle watch, Neo didn't really get much of any sleep. She would push through it though and do her best to keep up. The sandstorm still hadn't changed directions and was now going to be at their backs, unless Neo was forgetting her directions back. She quickly scattered what remained of the fire pit she and Su had made, even though there wasn't exactly a risk of a fire spreading or a need to cover their tracks. The sandstorm would've taken care of both of those for them.

Roll ID: #103753

CD: 5 - No Sandstorm effect

Neo: 360/360 (+3 from BH)

• 4 weeks later...

Walking back was not as hard as Su was thinking, both her friends looked okay and the sandstorm was still going on. With the piece of cloth, Su turned to the two and waved them to come and follow her. "Come, I know the way back for sure, Its this way," she said walking over a small hill and looked into the distance in hope to see the town, but luckily Su had a great sense of direction and knew where to go.

A few minutes have passed and Su knew for sure they would be coming into the town soon, then she saw it a small tower sticking up out from the sandstorm. "THERE THE TOWN, I SEE IT!" she yelled with a lot of energy and started to take up her speed. With the box on her back, she moved closer and closer to the town, as the town got closer and closer the sandstorm seemed to calm done more, but still it was there and for how long was it going to be there. As then a popup came saying <Entering Safe Zone> Su let's out a sigh and looks back at her friends.

Spoiler

ID: 105007

CD: 4 Sandstorm no Effect.

Edited by Sunova

Su was full of energy once more as if she was back to her normal self, Hazado looked at Neo as she got ready as well to leave, "Just trusting In Su with her directions," he said to Neo as he heard Sunova say I know the way. Even if it was still with the sandstorm Hazado was not really bothered by it as it was just kicking him a bit, However, the sandstorm did do some small Damage but not much that you could see it. "We are coming," Hazado yelled after Sunova as she already seemed a bit too far for his liking.

Once they walked for a bit he hears Su yell, It was about the town could she really see it. and as he got up to her Hazado also saw the town, well at least the tower from the town. "Well color me surprised, it was faster than I was thinking at first," he says as he reaches out to Neo to help her a bit just to make sure everyone was okay. But Su took a small sprint and was already ahead again "Darn it she is fast, He Neo if you want Jump on my back and we get there faster" he says to Neo as he walks next to her.

Spoiler

ID-Role: 105048

CD: 7 [sandstorm No Effect]

Edited by Hazado

The group continued to make their way through the sandstorm, with Neo bringing up the rear at the moment. The trip back was feeling much shorter than the one out, or maybe that was just her imagination. When Hazado offered to give her a ride on his back, Neo shook her head and picked up her pace. She didn't want to burden him with any more weight. They would each need to be fending off against the sandstorm and she didn't want to put that on him, even if it was the final stretch. The town came into sight pretty quickly and Neo made her way there. With a little bit more effort, she found herself finally into the safe zone with the sandstorm now behind her. It was strange how it just suddenly stopped once it hit the border of the safe zone, but she wasn't complaining. She was pretty sure she would be blowing sand out of her nose for the next couple of weeks.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105063

CD: 9 - no sandstorm effect

@Sunova

Su smiled at her friends with joy "Happy we made it, I ... AM ... SO ... HAPPY," she said sounding like the normal and very energetic person again as she always was. She walked up to Haz and gave him a hug, "Thanks to your windshield we at least of some rest," she looks up at him and then let's go. She then walks over to Neo and Hugs her to "Thank you for being here as well, I loved it," she said to Neo as she hugged her a bit longer then she did with Haz. After that Su looks at the quest giver as the woman was still sitting in the same spot. Su walks up to her and the woman looks up.

Su Smiled at her and the woman looked shocked more than ever. "You got my stuff... That ... is amazing dear, I thank you many times over and over again," the lady said as she takes the boxes of the player's hand, the lady looked at the group and saw how they were covered in sand "Oh a Sandstorm came by, You know what, I will allow you to learn something from me, Please take this," as she handed each of them a paper scroll with readying on it < Survival > Inside the scroll was described how to use this tactic and when to use it, It was a good reward as the woman sat down again. Su turned to her friends and smiled "Well that quest is done, and we got this skill now that we can learn for, let's see, three Skill points. I think it was fun!" she said being as energetic as always and happy as she never could be.

Haz did a bit of stretching once they got all into the safe zone, The sandstorm was no more and the village was here. He goes with his hand through his hair as big pieces of sand come out of his hair, "Well I need to find a lake of Sea soon, to get all the sand out fully," he said still shaking out the sand of his hair. Su looked happy and then came up to both of them and Hugged first him, As he then patted her on the head, "No need for the hug, I have always been your Tank," he says to Su as she looks up to him, he looks then as Su moves over to Neo and hugs her as well, "I guess it going to be like this every time, from now on," he said with a small laugh. Su went over to the lady they got the quest from and gave them each a scroll, It was a skill that they could learn. Su looked happy doing this quest and turned to the two again with a smile.

"Yeah, This was kind of fun, But how about some drink now, could use some refreshments," he says facing both Neo and Su. It was the best idea Haz could get right now as he was exactly quite tired and thirsty. "There is a small bar not far from here, It is mostly calm there and there are a lot of seating places," he said pointing into the town as there was a small sign along the road, He moved to the sign and waved the two girls over.

Neo, a little surprised by the hug from Su, took a little bit to register that she should return it as well. She let her disengage when she wanted to and then turned in the box herself. With the scroll for the new skill attained, Neo turned to the rest of the group and listened. She shrugged with a facial expression of, "Why not?" on her face to Hazado's offer to get some drinks. Though she certainly wasn't above drinking age in the real world, it didn't seem to be any sort of hindrance here in the game. She could drink all she wanted and the game could only simulate being drunk. She had no idea if it was what it actually tasted like and didn't do it often, but it was an interesting feeling to have when she knew it was not for her.

Actually, I think I would be able to drink once I got out of this game. I haven't kept that well of a track on time but I think I would be twenty now.

@Sunova

As both of her companions had the same scroll as her Haz came up with a good idea to get some drinks, Maybe it was for the best as they have not been drinking for almost a full day. Su nodded and thought about something and the legal age you needed to be, Haz was around 19 years old and She and both Neo were younger than that. Well at least from the start of the game, and knowing about Haz and where he officially came from he was already allowed to drink alcohol beverages. But there was not really something to get drunk by, Yes there was alcohol but to think they would use a drunk system was not for sure, At least from what Su knew from Kasier there was not really something like that. "Sure Haz, No strong drinks tho, you need to keep your head right, so please no alcohol okay?" she said looking at him as she followed him to where he pointed.

It was not far and Su was the first to enter the small bar, it was call and it even was very cool in here. Su let's out a sigh and sees that the owner of the bar was a player and not an NPC, It was kind of logic as most NPC's ran Inn's and other shops but not really bars. Su sat down at a table and looked at the menu there, it said on a side note "Order your drinks at the bar, I will not come to you." Su sighed and looked into the menu, "Ooh I want some <Fresh Spring Water with Sinas flavor> and what about you guys, Oh and Haz be nice please and would you get our drinks," Su said with a smile to Haz.

Both Su and Neo seem to like the idea to get some drinks, He followed Su as she was already making her way to the bar he pointed at, Always so fast on doing things, Take it easy, He thought following her into the Bar. It was quite empty in the bar and Su mentions that he was not allowed to start drinking alcohol, "Su no worry, Even If I did, I would not get drunk, the beer would taste only bitter and who wants that? Plus there is not really something to get drunk on, the system won't allow it," he said with a smile. The bar was run by a player, that seemed like a nice thing for some players but for Hazado it would only bring a bit of confusion to who is a player and who was the NPC, but as it seemed only players were in the bar.

Su looked on the menu and said she wanted fresh water with Sinas flavor, It sounded okay but Haz just wanted some water maybe like one liter of water, "You can take your Sinas water, I will just take a big Mug of water, maybe two My mouth is kind of dry, AND yes I will get the drinks for you two if I must," he said a bit irritated but not really sounding angry at all. He looked at both his companions and he let out a sigh and after that a smile, "I'm Happy everything is alright," he said low before standing up and waiting for Neo to say what she wanted.

Neo followed the others into the bar, not wanting to be left behind. It was a quaint little joint with a player manning the bar. She had never seen a player bartender before, and was curious why someone would want to do that here of all places. Judging by the crowd, it seemed as if it was actually quite the good idea. There was enough people that Neo figured the place would turn a profit. Sidling up to the bar, Neo quickly did her best to select the player and send a message to them. She ordered herself some club soda and also put in the message that she was paying for the other two. She figured it would be nice to cover for them as she knew she had Col to spare ever since she went up to the higher floors for a bit of gathering.With her order placed, Neo just kept a soft smile and faced towards the other two while their conversation unfolded. She didn't mind being the person outside of the conversation almost eavesdropping, it happened to her a lot. She found a lot of people gave up information they didn't intend to though when they were idly chatting. You would miss it if you were a part of the conversation, but you could catch it if you just listened closely.

@Sunova

Su seemed happy that she went here and smiled as Neo as she paid for the drinks, Not shortly after that the drinks came and Su took a sip of it, "Aaaah, So cold and nice," she said and gave Neo a friendly Smile. It was nice that all of them were in the bar and even Neo seemed to like it as she smiled. Su took another sip of her drink and after that got back all her energetic personality and sounded all full of energy again "Haz, I know you kind of have a goal to help the lower levered players, But are you willing to join me in a party for a long time, Like travel with me, And Neo Would you like that two, Because I can see us as a good team, Me as healer and tactician, Neo you as DPS and Haz as the tank," she said explaining and pointing to her two friends, Sure this would be a great thing to do and Both Haz and Neo would be sticking around her as she only Knew them as true friends. "So I understand If you don't want to, maybe because I'm holding you both up a bit with level but, If we work together maybe I could get to the same level as you two," Su said sounding very energetic about it, "So what you say, Haz, Neo... Just nod is good as well Neo!"