[SP-F17] <<Challenge of Olympus: Cook>> [Complete]

Kasier sighed. She had a notification that she never opened, and she probably should. She was laying in bed when she suddenly realized that there's this quest that she had yet to complete. She had heard about a quest that is given to players who level up their profession up to level 2. Kasier had already reached rank 6 in terms of cooking, but she had yet to finish the quest that was supposed to help her with crafting. Kasier opened her menu before clicking a few buttons and getting into her inbox. Soon enough, she scrolled all the way down to that one message that she had yet to open. Kasier read it silently, and reread it again. Indeed, it was a very well written message that was meant for a professional. It was obviously written by someone with ancient knowledge... and he or she was so intelligent that he was able to craft such a well-written letter.

Using Mega Slime Farm +2 SP

"Greetings,

My name... no, my name is not important, for I am only a servant of the Greek gods and goddesses that behold the majestic seventeenth floor here in this game of Aincrad. Now, you may ask why I am here bothering you on a delightful day on a delightful floor that you are probably relaxing in. To be completely frank without wasting any more of your time, this is simply an invitation sent out to the most prestigious artists and craftsmen in all of Aincrad... and you have been chosen. That's right. You, Kasier, the cook on the first floor. Although you aren't the most masterful of all the cooks on your floor, you are still a great cook with amazing abilities. I am here to give you a quest, but I cannot give you any more information regarding this quest. You must meet me face to face on the seventeenth floor."

From,
Satyr

Kasier sighed, closing the message. There was no way that she would get out of the house at this point, especially after what happened at the last Celestial Ascendants meeting. She hates to admit it, but depression really hits hard. She knows it, too, that she's depressed, but what can she do with it? She cannot deny that she has depression, which is already an unlikely symptom, but even though she has depression, she cannot find a cure for it. In fact, she embraces it. It's truly a psychological injury that is extremely difficult to erase, and she is too lazy, and too weak to do anything to patch up this so-called injury. Kasier sighed, shaking her head as she sat up higher on her bed. She didn't want to leave, but she had one more crafting session, and she wanted to knock it out. Kasier yawned, walking downstairs into the kitchen of her shop.

"You know what, why the heck not." She said to herself, staring at the pan that was rusting at her counter. She needed something that can inspire her... persuade her to come back to the brilliant art of crafting... or cooking for her. She wanted to cook again, but she had no inspiration to do so. Perhaps it was because of the coffee that she drank the day that she witnessed so many players die before her eyes. Kasier could only shake at the result of what happened that time... It was practically a reversal of luck. The players had just managed to beat the next floor boss, and boom, what do you know, everything's gone just wrong. It's a shame really, that she went from just cheering up a little compared to the past to being even more depressed than what history could tell. Kasier sighed, stepping out of the door to her shop.

Soon, Kasier found her way all the way to the seventeenth floor. Her mouth went wide when she arrived, because immediately, she could see the majestic ancient Greek buildings with all its pillars and statues. Just by scanning around, she was sure that she saw Poseidon, Zeus, Athena, and all sorts of different Greek gods and goddesses. These weren't what appealed to her, however, because the structures were built to perfection, almost entirely out of marble, and there were no words to describe the beauty of the floor. She found that since the event that caused fate to change her life forever, she has been taken a lot more into nature, often drowning herself within the beauty of the environment that she can be placed into randomly. Now that she's here, she still felt an urge to simply walk away and leave due to the laziness that she had, and go make herself some coffee instead.

Kasier took one step, and instantly a mist appeared out of no where. Once the mist disappeared from her eyes, Kasier saw that a figure unknown to men had appeared. He was a satyr. So not only is his name Satyr, but his entire body is that of a satyr. Of course, the people who were innocently and casually walking around suddenly realized that there was something wrong here. For a half goat half man to appear in the middle of the city right next to the teleport zone was absolutely incredible. Everyone backed off, and some even burst off running, thinking that a monster had managed to find its way into the safe zone. Of course, Kasier couldn't be bothered to say anything, so she studied him silently. The man had goat legs, and a mohawk as hair. His black hair seemed conditioned, yet greasy, but that was to be expected from a goat.

His legs were strong because they were extremely defined. Although they were not big, but small, it is clear that the man does a lot of running with those goat legs of his. His face isn't handsome... not a lot of faces are handsome compared to the face of Itzal, who seemed to have a bit of less contact with her recently. Kasier sighed, as she could not help but look at his head... no not her face, but her forehead, where two big, goat horns poked out of there. If someone was to suddenly appear like this, and have the appearance like this, it would be obvious that something was up here. Kasier crossed her arms, swaying her hair to the side as some of it had found its way down onto her face and in front of her eyes, blocking her vision. Kasier coughed, suggesting that the other party should speak first.

"Greetings, Kasier of the first floor, one of the better cooks in this game. I am here to deliver a voice invitation into Mt. Olympia, one of the most wealthy, famous locations in the entire world of Aincrad. It is truly a priviledge to be invited to the place, and you should be delighted that a message that I'm about to read is going to be delivered to you. Now, listen up closely, master cook, for Hestia, the goddess of domesticity, the master cook... the one above all other cooks, has sent me to tell you to meet her in Mt. Olympia. You two will be undergoing a competition... a cooking competition, to see who can cook the best items. Of course, since she's the best cook in the world, being a goddess, she will allow you to prepare your ingredients before hands. Now, I shall read the rules of this contest." The satyr began.

"There is basically no rule," The satyr finished, "It's practically impossible to find a combination that can possibly beat Hestia, anyways, but if you somehow manage, you'll forever receive a blessing on your crafting efforts. Now, both of you will be crafting three different food items. The first, being the appetizer, since the judges will want to eat that first. In terms of what you make for an appetizer, it is not important to Hestia, nor is it important to the judges... nor anyone to be completely frank with you. You just need to make use of the experience that you have obtained since you first started your quest, <<Earning a Living>>. Now, that was a long time ago, was it not? So you should have plenty of cooking under your belt at this point. Even with all that experience, it's still very difficult to beat Hestia in a competition of cooking." Satyr continued.

Kasier coughed, half-listening, but she could tell that the man... or, uh, goat was going off track. He should be talking about the different foods that Kasier will be required to make, not boasting about how brilliant Hestia is. Kasier could honestly care less if she beats Hestia... actually, on second thought, she wanted to beat Hestia, just because she's a goddess, a master of cooking. Kasier will never lose in a cooking contest... and little does Hestia know, Kasier's coffee is a breath taker.

"Ahem, sorry about that. I tend to get off track when introducing players to this quest. Anyways, the second food item is the main dish, which is not hard. Once again, you will decide on what to make, as long as it is to your best efforts. Finally, you must make a drink. Once again, it is not important exactly what types of beverage you make, as long as it fits with the rest of the meal."

Kasier continued to nod. Simply speaking, she needed to gather ingredients from the Greek markets around, and then use them to defeat Hestia in a fight between the cooks. Shouldn't be that hard, considering that this is one of the quests given to a player who has only recently reached level 2 in their profession. The fact that she's doing it now should make it even easier, since most of the quests in this game don't scale to the player's levels. Kasier sighed, finding her way to the market as she looked around at all the vegetables. She wanted to make Keftethakia, or Greek meat ball in simple terms. Kasier looked around at the vegetables and the meats around that she can purchase for this cooking competition. Although she didn't really care that much about the actual competition, she wanted to cook to the best of her abilities, since cooking is her passion, after all. 

Kasier saw a lettuce on the side that she gladly picked up for herself, in addition to some beef that was quite expensive, but sure to be good quality. All the other tens of tens of ingredients that she picked up will not be described any further because the multitude of ingredients will surely be blended perfectly to create the masterpiece that will defeat the Greek goddess. Kasier yawned, inserting all the materials that she picked up which will soon be used in the duel of the century. Kasier braced herself, finding strength in her legs as she confirmed that she had picked up everything needed. Kasier could now head up to Mt. Olympia and meet up with Hestia, who will be having a cooking competition between with her, and giving the food items to the Greek goddesses and gods who will be trying out the foods for themselves, and determining the winner.

Kasier walked up the steps of Mt. Olympia, realizing that the steps were far too long. Just walking up the stairs would've required her to stop and take a few breaks before getting to the top, and when she got to the top, she would've been exhausted and bent down and panting to try and recover her breath. Luckily, this game doesn't have any mechanics that imitate true stamina that would've been depicted in real life. On the steps, she expected a majestic female with light shining behind her. She thought that she would have a queen's crown, with perfect craftsmanship. Kasier did not get what she expected, instead, she saw a small little girl with a red hood, and a seemingly fire-like figure coming from behind her. Kasier didn't speak, only observe her with a stern face while the girl stared right back, but with a grin, a different type of emotion.

Kasier continued staring at the girl, keeping a tab and making a mental note of her appearace. She had red eyes, the type that glared into your soul, the type that was almost evil. While Kasier had similar eyes, they weren't nearly the same as the eyes that seemed so powerful within the white space on the girl's face. She was also wearing a brown robe that intercepted each other at around the chest area of the girl. She didn't look that old, maybe like 14 or 15, but no doubt, she was definitely a couple of thousand or hundred years old because all the Greek gods and goddesses can not simply be younger than all the players. They are definitely filled with wisdom and their appearance is for the pure purpose of deception. Kasier took a step closer to the girl, triggering an NPC speech. "Welcome, my name is Hestia."

The girl began to speak, introducing herself as Hestia. Hestia continued as Kasier continued to stare at her youthful face with absolute seriousness. Hestia, on the other hand, seemed to be mocking her, with a playful face filled with hidden jokes and other sorts of obnoxious motives. Kasier didn't like how the girl was looking at her, but this was a Greek goddess that she had to beat, so she must somehow find a weakness here that she can take advantage of and defeat her in the actual contest.

"Well, since you're already here. Do not be disturbed by the pure majesty of this place. I won't bother to show you around, for you can look around after the contest. The place is filled with things to look at, and for you to observe everything would probably take a day. I do not have time for that" Hestia continued to explain, walking into Mt. Olympia.

Kasier followed Hestia inside. "It's going to take about twenty minutes to get to the actual cooking competition place." Hestia explained to the girl that was closely behind her, "so enjoy yourself as well take this leisurely walk. There's a lot of pictures on the walls that you can enjoy, but I think they are a waste of space... except for the ones with me and the different foods that I've made. Those are typically the types of art that intimidate my opposition, you see, I've been cooking for longer than all the players in this game have been born. All the ingredients, and recipes that remain in my head are the greatest things to ever exist. I cook for the goddesses and gods because of my ability to create food in great multitudes at any moment." She finished, causing Kasier to yawn in boredom at the girl's explanation of some of the art.

Finally, the two reached the final destination. It was a dark room with the audience already in their seats. They were staring at the center of the stage, which had bright lights shining upon it. There were two counter tops facing each other... one with bright fire behind it, sitting there with no explanation while the other counter simply had nothing. "The one with fire is mine, the one without is yours. Don't worry, the fire won't affect the battle. It is used simply to mark where each person will be. Once we cook for all the audience members, all of which will be our judges... we have a one hour time limit by the way, for about a hundred people. Let's get this thing started, what do you say?" Hestia asked, beginning to walk to her location, and Kasier nodded, parting ways with the goddess before finding her way to the counter.

Kasier smiled at the audience as she and Hestia found their way to the counter. Next she saw a male in a suit arrive at the stage with his hands held high with a microphone to his face. "Let's see here. Here we are with our two contestants. Hestia, the goddess, and Kasier, the human, both outstanding cooks in our world of Aincrad. They will be having a contest here to see who will be the better cook. Now, Hestia has been undefeated for the past 5 times that she's had this competition against some of the best cooks in this world, and Kasier, well... this is her first time, so things might not be easy for her. She must get used to being looked at while cooking, and with the pressure of competing with one of the best cooks in this entire world. Now, with a clap, let's get this thing started!"

Kasier got started right away. She knew that her coffee was going to be the thing that won her this contest. If she manages to make the greatest coffee, it will give the audience a great boost in morale. Once she makes the coffee, she'll make the other stuff that didn't really matter to her because she was not used to cooking anything other than coffee. She didn't use a coffee machine to make coffee. Instead, she made it using the beans that were found in the Caribbeans to create the savor flavor that would make the coffee more brilliant than those made from the coffee machine and water. Kasier smiled, getting her show on the road. She used the beans melted them, and blended them with water, and not the bad water either. After some complicated processes, she managed to make all that coffee... The other stuff, they weren't that important.

Finally, Kasier managed to craft everything, and did so she did in perfect time. She managed to spend just enough time... 55 minutes. She looked over at Hestia, who was placing a cherry on the cakes that she had been making. "Dessert?" Kasier asked, causing Hestia to look up, "that wasn't part of the necessities."

Hestia smiled, "A good cook doesn't simply cook what is necessary," she explained, putting the finishing touches. Kasier smiled, getting a bit nervous. "Ok, I am done as well... Let's get the judges their food."

After a couple of seconds, the food were distributed to all the audience somehow, and Kasier tapped her feet repeatedly in nervousness. She needed the audience to drink her coffee and enjoy it for her to have a chance, because the other stuff isn't that important. Finally, Kasier heard a voice, "Due to extraordinary coffee beverage making skills, the winner is.... KASIER!!!"

Thread Complete:

+4 SP
+200 Col
+Hestia's Flame