[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living: Performer>>

Thicc sighed, listening to the beautiful voice that rained down upon the three players. He looked at Blood with a raised eyebrow, but not opening his mouth to ask whether she truly planned for this to happen. He? A performer? It simply does not add up. Still, he will not question the decisions made by Blood, so he decided that he would simply zip it and follow through with what she wanted. He will make it work with a flute, not his own actual voice, so everything should be completely fine. Thicc went up the stairs into Alyssa's studio and accepted the quest to become a performer, knowing that this will change how he plays this game for a time being. This would make it far harder for him to level up, but in the long run, getting a profession would help the party of three in debuffing future opponents.

Pick watched as Thicc walked up the stairs and down the stairs once again. He would accompany the guy and hopefully, Pick's luck can rub off of Thicc. Blood would probably end up doing her own thing, which is also to be expected since her level was much higher than the two of the rest of them's are. Currently, they need to catch up to Blood, so that means doing quests one by one until they were of the same level. Pick took a glance at Blood, before looking back at Thicc who had just come down after accepting the quest.

"Eyo, I got this cape that I bought from a pretty cool tailor place a couple of days ago. I was wondering if you would like to borrow it. Oh wait, no, I wasn't wondering. You can borrow it for this quest, I don't have the patience to wait for your rotten luck."

Blood took a glance at Pick, knowing that he had bought the item, since she was the person who instructed him to do so. It's good that he offered for Thicc to borrow it on his own. This was how to develop team chemistry. "Once you guys finish the quest, if you have time, get some materials for me. I ran out of all my materials by buying these potions for both of you. Pick, you save yours... but Bates, you need to drink yours for this quest to make everything easier for yourself, got it? Good. Actually, I'll hold onto yours for now Pick, in case you forget. I'm going to head off and do my own thing for a bit. You two have fun out here, alright? Make sure that you get the job down before reporting back to me." Blood instructed, sending Thicc the expresso that would make material gathering easier.

Thicc received the items that both of the players happily gave him. With the luck boost, he should be able to complete this quest much easier than compared to if he didn't have the items. Without hesitation, he took off one of his heavy armor pieces that didn't cause him to expose too much before putting on the cape that Pick had given him, and he drank the expresso that would give him a luck boost as well. The coffee was absolutely delicious, and he didn't know where Blood could have possibly gotten the item from since she wasn't a cook, but an alchemist. Of course, Thicc does not ask questions, so how Blood does certain things are not important to him. He would obey and drink the coffee, equip the armor, and use it to complete the quest in the most effective manner possible. With a nod, he began on his way to collect the materials.

-1 T1 Loot Die Expresso
Equipped Cloak of Masterpiece Heist

ID: 103332
LD: 3

"Alright buddy, here's the plan. You are going to get that quest done as fast as possible, and then we're going to collect as much materials as possible before the time runs out. We're not doing a contest this time, since you obviously have a major advantage. I am kind of curious exactly how much you're luck would increase as a result of using those items. That way, I can notice how much luck changes by doing something in this game. I'm telling you, fam, luck is what you make out of it... luck does not mean chance, it means the resentment that other people think of you for how great your life is. Let's get it boy," Pick said, giving a long speech as soon as Blood was gone. Now, Pick was not simply going to give up on his own material gathering while waiting for Thicc, so he's going to get some gathering done too.

Total Materials: 0

ID: 103333
LD: 12+6=18

Thicc smiled, he knew that he had the advantage, so he wanted to taunt the lucky guy by challenging him to a material gathering challenge. Of course, Thicc did not feel like speaking, so he simply offered, "Ok, let's all do our material gathering individually. I want to stay silent for a bit and get this thing done as fast as I can." Thicc declared, walking off on his own as he went ahead and found a material right away. It was a mushroom, with green dots that surrounded a purple star on the top of the mushroom. Without even inspecting the mushroom with that much detail, he decided that it would be good enough, because he doesn't even know why you need materials to become a performer. It was not his place to judge though. The game, and the quest giver, and Blood had instructed him to gather these materials.

Total Materials: 1

ID: 103334
LD: 14

Pick nodded in agreement, and he couldn't care less. Thicc wanted to spend this time alone, so Pick would allow him to do so. Now, Pick was a sociable guy, so he decided that he cannot stay silent for that long. While he was staring at the ground for some materials, he noticed a timid looking girl in the distance that he can definitely spend some time with.

"Hola, there, mis amiga, la bonita of the first floor. May I ask what you are doing on this sunny day out on the fields with these boars that shouldn't even be coming near you physically?" Pick said, jogging up to the blonde haired girl with a huge smile. The girl stared at him, and smiled a fake smile back - for these he had seen often. "I'm just material gathering." She replied simply, looking back onto the ground. "Well... Well, why don't I join you?"

ID: 103335
LD: 10+6=16

Thicc looked up as he saw Pick engage a girl in a conversation. The boy was so innocent and so straight forwards as if he had yet to experience anything in life, but Thicc knew that Pick had experienced plenty back before he entered this game. He knew fully well that Pick was a thief, a person who went through massive heists for the good of humanity and the homeless children that he couldn't bare but to help. Unlike Pick, Thicc had gone through practically the same experiences of life and death, but Pick still had an optimistic lifestyle while Thicc had become the opposite. Thicc sighed, looking down on the ground with boredom as he realizes that another material was there for his picking. Picking up the apple that he discovered, he picked it up and claimed it as his own before walking away, shaking his head. Youths can be too reckless.

Total Materials: 2

ID: 103336
LD: 17

While Pick was busy picking up a girl and Thicc was busy getting his quest done, Blood was out far away from them way out into the outside of the safe zones. She was surrounded by tall grass and had gotten out her katana so the boars cannot attack her due to intimidation. Out in the fields, she began to gather some materials for herself. She didn't want to, and would much rather be resting because the time was day time, and she was most active during the night, but if she didn't gather these materials, she would not have very much left to do everything else that she wants with those materials. With those materials, she could craft plenty of potions to hold on to. She sighed, digging through the heavy grass when she saw a small patch of grass. Pick smiled, picking through the grass and adding to her material count.

ID: 103337
LD: 6+6=12

Thicc, this time, wanted to go even risker to try this one out. He wanted to get closer to the safe zone and see how good this luck is. Unfortunately, either the boost wasn't high enough, or he just got unlucky here, but he was unable to find any materials that close to the safe zone. Instead, he would walk back to where he had originally started, which was far away from the safe zone. He sighed, knowing that he had wasted all that time going to the safe zone only to find out that there still weren't any materials left there. Anyways, Thicc decided that he had learnt his lesson and would return way out to the end of the floor so he can scrap any materials that were left for him. During this time. he thought about his decision making skills, and how it must be improved in order to make himself efficient in this game.

ID: 103338
LD: 3

Blood yawned, looking around for any materials that she can potentially use. After this quest, she was sure that the other two players would be able to obtain their first skill, which would help all three of them progress as dominators of the world. For now, she must get through with the boring stuff... that is, the grinding to get to that stage. It won't take that long since time passes by fast before the three of them reach the top of the ladder, but right now, it seemed that time was going slow and all three of them weren't really making that much of a progress. Still, it is undeniable that this game was not meant to be easy, so Blood didn't mind it at all. In fact, she embraced the difficulty, knowing that one day, that difficulty will become far easier. Difficulty is simply another word to restriction of progress.

ID: 103339
LD: 2+6=8

Thicc decided that he would try once more to get an apple nearby. He now doubted himself because the last material gathering attempt had been a failure. He hoped that this time, the same result won't be occurring because he needed to get this material gathering done as fast as possible. He sighed, getting to the closest apple tree that he could see before standing up and observing the lowest apple. Without considering his decision too much, he grabbed ahold of the fruit and dragged it down so that it came loose from the tree. However, what he failed to realize was that the front of the apple was red while the back of the apple, the side that he can't see is actaully green. Due to this, Thicc was unable to get a material from the apple that he had managed to take... for it was not ready to be picked.

ID: 103340
LD: 2

Blood sighed, this was not how she wanted to spend the day. She should be out here at night, terrorizing any newer players who had come out to this floor without knowing what they are doing. She should be staring into the souls of players with absolute menace and stabbing the absolute crap out of players. This was not the thing that Blood should be doing. Blood should not be wasting her time material gathering, but she had to, to be complete honest. This was how all players started off in this game, by material gathering, getting gear, crafting, until they were of decent level to kill things and get even more materials afterwards. Blood yawned, laying on the ground, completely sprawled out as she found a relaxing spot in the shade. This was what she needed to do... sleep in the morning and play during the night, killing them things.

ID: 103341
LD: 14+6=21

Thicc had learned his lesson. He would not go blindly grabbing for materials now. He would observe the apples before grabbing it out of the green trees, and this time, he spotted quite a round apple on one of those trees. With a sigh, he tip-toed and got as tall as he possibly can before taking off the apple. It was a perfect apple, far bigger than anything that he had ever seen in his life. Thicc was glad that he had managed to progress once more in this game of material gathering. He inserted the apple into his inventory, looking into the direction of Pick, who was still hitting it up with a girl. It seemed that the blonde player had given up material gathering for the time being, not that Thicc actually minded. He did not want to be annoyed by constant chattering, so it was good that he was occupied.

Total Materials: 3

ID: 103342
LD: 15

Blood looked around herself when she was laying, sprawled out on the grassy floor. It was then that she saw a mushroom simply sitting there, waiting for her to pick up. With a sigh, she smiled, grabbing a hold of the brown mushroom and adding it to her inventory. She had gathered two materials, which was enough for her to make two potions. She can attempt two crafting attempts with the materials that she had gathered. She had spent enough time here, and therefore she is no longer needed for the time being. With a smile, she stood up and walked off into the distance. She had done her job here, and Pick would be able to get even more materials gathered, which is exactly why she is no longer needed for the moment. Blood sighed, charging off with both hands by her side, swaying without control. That was her unique running style.

Blood Leaves the Thread

ID: 103357
LD: 13+6=19

Thicc once again walked around with his eyes fixed on materials. He found that materials spawned a lot more easier with his ability to gather materials. Perhaps it really was true that you make your own luck. Perhaps Pick was actually right that he could make his own abilities count. This was unfortunate, because Thicc hated when people prove him wrong. Even so, he will never admit that Pick was right. This game was the only scenario where you can actually make your own luck. In real life, luck is just random, and there's no exception to it. In order to be successful, you must be able to learn from your mistakes and learn how to eliminate all factors of luck that can cause riot. Thicc smiled, grabbing onto an apple that was randomly hanging off a thin branch of one of the random oak trees. Using the apple, he inserted it into his material's inventory.

Total Materials: 4

ID: 103358
LD: 7

Pick glanced from the blonde girl back to Thicc for a brief moment. It seemed that he was doing just fine, and had gotten quite a deal of materials for himself. The day was almost over, and he had ended up spending a lot of time with this girl, Kesha, although the name sounds similar for some reason, Pick didn't really care that much. He had done his job. He had gotten on the good side of this girl, and added her to his friend list, which was the target on first association in this game. Getting a friend's list request accepted is literally like getting a phone number in real life. It was practically the same sort of thing, which was why Pick was very happy that he had managed to succeed.

"Now, how about we get some material gathering done while we walk around? The day is still not over." Pick suggested to the girl.

ID: 100359
LD: 1+6=7

Thicc watched as Pick managed to somehow get the girl on his friend's list upon first meeting her. He shook his head... sometimes, being too into women can be a down fall. There have been plenty of women who have tried to seduce him in his past during missions, but not a single one of them could attract him. His eyes focused solely on the mission, and completing it as quickly and effectively as possible. Pick was the complete opposite, how can Blood expect Pick to be professional on his quests? Thicc shook his head, perhaps she doesn't expect him to be professional... after all, he was mainly in charge of money and getting the party the funds needed to purchase houses and craft and do all those things. Thicc looked up, realizing that while he was distracted, he had walked out of the forest so there were no more apples for him to pick.

Total Materials: 4

ID:  103360
LD: 12 

The following is a transcription of the conversation that happened between Pick and the girl, Kesha. After Pick suggested material gathering, the two continued to converse and walk together,

Kesha: "So, you are a really good material gatherer, huh?"

Pick: "Well, not quite yet, you see dear, I'm currently doing a lot of material gathering and a lot of quests to earn skill points... and then I will use those skill points to improve my material gathering skills, eventually using the material gathering to get all the darn materials and col in the world. By then, I will be rich."

Kesha: "Wow, I was wondering if we can work something out where I can get daily doses of materials or something like that, and I can get you some other items for free on a weekly basis."

Pick smiled, "Well, let's talk about the future in the future. For now, we must enjoy our walk."

ID: 103361
LD: 12+6=18

Thicc needed one more material to return back to the performer who would certainly teach him how to use music to help during combat. Music would allow him to use buffs when he does not need  to obtain hate. That is what he heard from Blood... that is what Blood had in store for him. As soon as he completes this quest, he'll be able to grab a new skill and use that in combat. With it, he obtains his first step to becoming a great tank who can absorb damage and allow the damage dealer behind him to deal damage to the opponent. With one look, he looked down and grabbed a mushroom, completing his five materials necessary to complete the quest. Now, he just needed to go back to the original location... the place where he had gotten the quest started in order to get it completely finished.

Total Materials: 5