[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living: Merchant>> (Hazado) [Complete]

Now that Pick has obtained his first skill on his step to becoming both the richest and most generous man in Aincrad, he was prepared to complete his second quest and obtain some more skill points as a result of it. Now that he had the ability to obtain more materials, he'll be able to craft and use his materials in ways that are different to other people. The number one way to obtain wealth was to get a job, a profession that could earn you cash. Now, Pick was not into all the other normal, boring jobs like being an alchemist or blacksmith. Instead, he wanted something different, something unlike the rest of the professions. Indeed, he wanted to become a merchant. Through trading and obtaining cheap weapons or armory through different ways. Pick was a social animal, though, so there is no way that he would complete this quest on his own even if he had the ability to do so. Instead, he would post a notice looking for someone to accompany him on this quest of getting himself a job. After drafting the message real quickly, he went to a nearby coffee shop and posted his location in case anyone was willing to show up and help him out.

@Hazado

Spoiler

Hey,

This is Pick, a future master material gatherer. I am taking the <<Earning a Living>> quest to become a merchant. If anyone would be kind enough to accompany me on this quest, the help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Pick

walking around on floor One as he seeks for something to do. he has been trying to help more players every were Because he did not really care if you got hit by anything, It was his only way to really dagame his enemy anyway. He walked over to the Noticeboard as he did this more and more every day, His eyes looked over the board and spotted a post by someone called Pick, This person wanted help with a quest and something to do with one of the easier quests. He took the note from the board and walked to the location where this Pick person was.

With his Big Japanese style heavy armor and spear on his back he walked inside the Coffee Shop, For a surprise, it was quite empty only a few NPC's and one other player. This player was a bit smaller than him in length, and with Hazado's Heavy armor he looked really big but that was just his armor. He walked up to the guy, "Are you Pick," he said really not wanting to show any emotions. "I see you wanted help, Haza... Wait I know you..." he stopped and looked the guy up and down. a small laugh came from his face "You were at the beach weren't you,  I think you already saw me without armor, but just in case of, Name is Hazado, Nice to meet you.... again" he says this time with more that of a living person

@Pick

"Let's see here, two cups of ice coffee, one with little sugar, and one with a lot of sugar. Same amount of cream in both, thank you very much, waitress." Pick exclaimed, winking once at the pink-haired waitress before crossing his arms and sitting down near the window. The location that he had picked had a huge window which customers could see outside, this way, he can keep a tab on who walks in and who walks out, in case any of them looked like they were on business to help someone out. Two sofa-like seats with a cozy hue of brown surrounded a tiny little round wooden table, allowing customers to sit comfortably and enjoy their coffee and other snacks on the wooden table that didn't take up too much leg room or, overall, much space in general.

Pick crossed his fingers together, resting his mouth behind his two hands before staring out at the window when a brown-haired, generic looking man walked into the coffee place. He had a spear on his back, obviously a fighter. The spear was used as a method of fighting from a distance, yet he wore heavy armor, giving him even more protection than the distance. From what Pick saw upon first instincts, the guy was protective... maybe cautious around others and during combat. "Greetings, Hazado. I do recognize you from the beach, although I feared interrupting you along with those other friends of yours would've been inconvenient, if you know what I mean," Pick smiled, one of those smiles where the lips were sealed tightly and his eyes went closed. "Now, let's get serious. Yes, I am going to attempt to complete this quest, would you like some sort of compensation for your time?"

@Hazado

(Ooc is a mobile post until I come back)

Hazado sat down at the seat across from Pick, seems like he remembered as well, even if Pick did not want to trouble them because he was already talking to people. But who cared about it at this point, it happened so no running after old story's. Pick who wanted to repay Him because of helping him "see the payment as you see fit, it is all up to you I'm just here to make sure you finish this quest without any trouble." Hazado says looking at Pick with a serious face. Hazado did not care if he got paid or not, he only cared about that this player did not die. The quest that was mention was called earning a living, one of the simplest quests out there, and Pick wanted become a merchant. It was okay to him he did not care about it only cared about that he would not end up dead by some PKer.

"So merchant, it is simple quest so no fighting involved, but still you can never be more causes. Heard a lot of PKers started to pop up on floor one." he said looking at Pick, it was true he heard the story's, never got eye to eye with a real murderer in this game yet but who knows everything is a first.

@Pick

ID: 103443
LD: 2 (Uncommon)
CD: 4 (Light Armor)

"Ok, then. I'll decide on how to compensate you afterwards. You can protect me from PKers on this floor. Although I am quite a lucky man, I doubt that I'll ever be under the blade of a player killer, although it's better to be safe. Thanks. Oh look, our coffee is here. Would you like a cup?" Pick watched as the waitress arrived with the two cups of coffee that he had ordered before hands. Signalling for the waitress to hand the other cup to Hazado. Pick smiled, "Lets take the coffee with us, I'll pay. I want to get this quest done as fast as possible and maybe I'll even have some time to do some material gathering." Pick declared, standing up, paying, and walking out of the shop. Soon, he came into the wilderness of the first floor where he could dig up some weapons.

At least, he thought he would be required to dig some up. However, he soon managed to find a random item in the middle of a random location. He bent down, observing the armor and finding out that it was rather light, and he could easily lift it up despite him not being a very tanky player. This means the armor was light armor, and the way that it's glowing didn't resemble the perfect armor and cape that he had, meaning it was different. Probably uncommon since it didn't seem that powerful. "It's an uncommon light armor. Not that great, but a good start. Let us continue, shall we?

@Hazado

Items Obtained
1x <<Unidentified Uncommon Light Armor>>

Edited by Pick

A waitress came and she had two cubs of coffee with her, oh he must of ordered those two, I sure take one, he thought as he took the coffee the waitress gave him. "ooh, um thanks I guess, and I do believe that is a good way taking to coffee with us." he said taking a sip from the coffee. He followed Pick to the wilderness to find the thing he needed to find for the quest, it was not a hard one it was just looking for items and get them later on in the quest identified. It was not hard and Hazado took another sip from his coffee.

As he watch over Pick as he was looking around for items he seemed to get distracted a bit by the fact that this was a area where he was before, it brought some good memories back. He then sees Pick getting something, it looked like armour light for sure and yes it was an uncommon item so it was not really something special but at least it was a beginning to a starting point, "Pick I know this area, and not much down that hill is a old kind of old temple, it has no monsters spanwing near it so it should be save there to look for items" as he point behind Pick to some small hill where there was a pillar standing out of the ground.

@Pick

ID: 103459
LD: 17 (Rare)
CD: 9 (Shield)

Pick laughed, "If I was to go search for these items, what use would I have for someone like you? I might as well stay out here in a more dangerous location, so you have a job to do for me." Pick declared. Honestly, he just didn't want to move to a different location if he didn't have to. What's the point if he could just find the exact materials right here? Nothing here should be a threat to two people at once, even if they were threatening to one person. However, knowing this risk, Pick asked for assistance, and now that assistance was here, he didn't mind staying out in the wilderness.

"Besides, I find it much easier to find things here. With my luck, it seemed as if materials came falling from the sky sometimes," Pick exclaimed, going to a nearby tree and shaking it a bit before a shield came falling from the branches. "I wonder how this thing got stuck up there. I'm not complaining, though." Pick said, picking the shield up. This time, the shield gave off a presence that the last item didn't provide. It seemed to be shining in blue... literally shining. Pick yawned, "I mean, I wouldn't mind going there, but first, let me ask you a question. Why do you help people who are low-leveled?" Pick asked.

@Hazado

Items Obtained
1x <<Unidentified Rare Shield>>

Edited by Pick

Hazado brought out a small smile on his face, even though Pick was right it would be still a good option to look at that location. "you are true about those words Pick," he said still with his voice as serious as he could be. Pick did not seem like a bad guy even if his accent sound like someone from far away, even so Hazado knew that he was not the only one from a different country. Pick walked over to a tree and began tk shack it a bit, Hazado looked up a bit weird as a shield fell out "Strong looking shield, very interesting one. Still need to find me a shield and maybe a one handed spear later if it comes to that. A shield is the best option to protect and use the MIT best way." he says as he moved over to Pick to look at the shield he just found.

Pick then turned to Hazado and asked him Why he decided to help lower leveled players, "well, I have been tank in most MMO's but as I learned that a lot of players died because they did not have any means to protect themselves with I decided to step in and sigh myself up as a shield for hire, and I just don't want to leave anyone behind and let them die." Hazado said, truly this was not all whay he thought as he was not really into conversation with people he did not know good, but still it was a rough explanation why he decided to help low leveled players.

@Pick

Edited by Hazado

ID: 103510
LD: 20 (Perfect)
CD: 10 (Consumable)

Pick smiled in return for the man's own smile. Pick had noticed that Hazado didn't smile that much, maybe perhaps he was just a serious guy, or something or someone had taken happiness from him. Pick sighed, he had met plenty of serious men before, and they all had about the same emotions. "You need a shield? Too bad it's only a rare. You know what, if you would like, I can take you on a material gathering session of sorts, and get you the materials you need to get that shield you want. For now, though, I can get this unidentified shield checked out. If you like its enhancements, I'll give it to ya." Pick winked, referring to the compensation of the quest. However, he knew that just that was not enough for the time that this warm-colored hair man had wasted with him.

"I like your attitude, fella. Es muy bueno. However, don't you need to be grinding to get to the front lines? I would expect that they need as much help as they can possibly get. Perhaps if you didn't spend as much time in the lower floors helping low-leveled players, you could be using your time getting to the front lines."  Pick said. In the end, it was a trade-off, like a business transaction. Just then, he felt something at his foot, and when he bent down to pick it up, he realized that he had somehow kicked a potion that was randomly sitting on the ground. "Good stuff. Let's head back and see what I can get from these unidentified things."

@Hazado

Items Obtained
1x <<Unidentified Rare Shield>>
1x <<Perfect Consumable>>

Edited by Pick

Hazado liked the sound of this small trade he had with Pick getting a shield was maybe of his goals before heading out for the frontlines, but not only that he could make sure by using a shield that he protected his good friend as she was most worried about because of her fighting style. "You have a nose for good trade don't you, well it is understandable that you do. So I will mostly end up accepting your offers because I can see something useful in you," he said sounding a bit more happier then before.

As a response to his answer Pick reacted with something that sounded very familiar to him, better of it sounded like Spanish. A small laugh came of him "haha, your Spanish I hear." he said with a grin on his face "British English as you hear," he then said in full English and a British accent not showing any tone of Japanese accent. He shakes his head a bit "Sorry on with business, the frontlines still have no need for me, and I'm waiting for my support friend she is still trying to see where to go but we are slowly are getting there," he said as Pick took the last item he needed for the quest. As Pick suggested to go back and start to work for the last part of the quest.

@Pick

ID: 103538
LD: 18 (Mitigation)

"See something useful? I'm not an object. I can rip you off with a snap of the fingers if I wanted to." Pick exclaimed, keeping the same face that he had on just a second ago. "Whether I would do that though, depends on the person." Pick explained, laughing afterwards to signal that it was a joke, but it could be interpreted in an entirely different manner. Pick walked to the place where he had gotten the quest, beginning the process of identifying these unidentified items. He would probably go for the shield last, just to save up for the suspense, since that was probably the best item he had gotten, due to how useless consumables were in terms of value. Pick sighed... the light armor had been a mitigation armor, which was actually a decent enhancement to have on an armor, since the whole point of them was to prevent damage.

"Slowly getting there? Ok then. That's better than not getting there at all, like me," Pick smiled, finishing up with the identification before moving onto the next one. "Ah, the English accent. Makes you sound like royalty." Pick exclaimed, "Royalties tend not to like me in real life." 

@Hazado

Identified Items
1x Uncommon Light Armor (1x Mitigation)

Edited by Pick

As Pick said about him not being a object Hazado looked a bit guilty about it and igored his joke a bit "I did not mean you being a object, but I'm sayimg you are very useful to have around, just like I'm useful in helping people," he said following Pick to the last party of the quest. It was now all up to him to identify the items and see what got out of them, as for now he had three items one uncommon one rare and the last one being Perfect, still even if the perfect item was a consumable it would be a thing Hazado never gets used to, because what ever it is, it came from the ground.

As they came to the place for Pick to identify the items he started with the light armor, it was nice and good item even for an uncommon the MIT would help out a good bit for lower leveled players. Then Pick commented on his small Accent he did earlier, "don't class as royalty, maybe some years back but we don't, even if my father serves as a sergeant in the Japanese Royal army," he says as the leans back at a wall waiting for Pick to finish up his thing here. "Darn, I really don't care about my father but he got me this game after my accident,"he says pulling up his left side of his pants showing a big scare on his legg, "I official got out of the hospital about one week after this started, think I'm back at the same bed again tho," he said with a smile.

@Pick

Spoiler

ID: 103572 
LD: 8 (HP Recovery)

ID: 103573
LD: 4 (Protein)

ID: 103574
LD: 2 (Vitality)

Pick watched as enhancements seemed to appear out of absolutely no where. This was how identifying enhancements worked... but the consumables didn't make sense. Pick had been pretty sure that vitality simply did not appear as an enhancement for potions, yet he was able to identify a potion with this enhancement. Pick smiled, shaking it around. He wasn't sure what protein was, but he'll find out soon enough after he tests it out for once. With a cough, he inserted the item into his inventory, deciding that it would be a good item to keep for the future in case he had a need for it. 

Now, there was one last item, but before that, he would respond to the words of Hazado. "Unfortunate. If it doesn't invade yoru privacy, may I ask exactly what type of accident this was?" Pick asked, getting his unidentified shield out. Even I didn't injured after all those dangerous heists... I wonder how this guy managed to get hurt enough to stay on a hospital bed?

@Hazado

Identified Items

1x Perfect Consumable (1x HP Recovery, 1x Protein, 1x Vitality)

Edited by Pick

Hazado nodded to the question Pick asked, he did not spoke of it much or even other scares on his body but this one on his leg was very new and there for it was visible in game. "As you may already know, I feel at home at the water, it's great. I had a boat at my home, lived next to the sea. And one day I went out with my boat and a small storm came by," he stops for a few seconds and then looks back at his scare, he knew what really happend but no one believed him at that point no body did. "well normally my boat would have been okay in a small storm, so I did not worry at all. But once I prepared for tje storm my sail got lose and was hanging from one rope,because of that a wind smashed my boat upside down with me in it." he knew at this part it was all black for him he did not know what happened he did not even knew about the things that happened in the hospital. "simply putting it like this I don't know what happened, the hospital said I was found laying in the beach with a big wooden pike in my leg also said I was luck it did not hit my muscle but my bone so I officially can't walk but I can in here." He said turning his way to Pick as he took a deep breath and continued " but I know one thing, my sail got sabotaged by someone other wise my sail wouldn't have come lose. But at last the police did not believe the story and just said it was my own stupid fault." He sounded a bit angry in his voice that that changed quickly as he looked into his menu and his friends list "Jezz that was a lot, at least I got that bit of stress out." He said moving away his menu and coming to stand next to Pick

@Pick

Spoiler

ID: 103637
LD: 16 (Mitigation)

ID: 103638
LD: 19 (Mitigation)

Alas, it was time for the shield. This was the shield that he would gift to Hazado depending on whether he would like to have the shield or not. If it ends up having undesirable, he won't blame the man if he doesn't want it. "So, you are a warrior of the seas, huh? Not going to lie, I spent some time in the ocean as a sailor for a couple of years back in real life as well. Been through some exciting adventures, but never faced any sort of danger like what you described," Pick exclaimed, pushing his magnifying face against his eyes as he observed the item in perfect precision. Two mitigation... that's probably the best result for a tank who wants to absorb damage. Pick thought, picking the item up with both his hands due to it's weight. "Well, I've faced other sorts of dangers, but not at sea. Anyways, this shield appears to have two mitigation on it, which I think is pretty good for a tank like you. What do you think? I'll give it to you for a spot on your friend's list" Pick chuckled looking over at the quest giver who was grinning at the completion of yet another merchant's quest. Pick smiled, opening his menu to start the trade.

@Hazado

Identified Items

1x Perfect Consumable (1x HP Recovery, 1x Protein, 1x Vitality)
1x Rare Shield (2x Mitigation)

Edited by Pick

It was good to tell about his things that have happened it was even better to tell about this stupid scare he got. As Pick told about that he used to he a sailor for some years Hazado grain a bit of a smile, knowing that he was talking to a fellow sea user. "The sea can be fighting back, but it can always be conquered, you either go with the stream of be pushed under by the waves." he said making some kind of wave hand sign. "Funny to see that me being near water or even talking about it gives me a boost to keep going, the first step I ever did to even get some friends was going to the beach, and getting a stronger bond with someone of a nice boat trip, funny how the thing that gave me this scare also gives me the hope and joy of living." he said this as he looks out of the Window. Thinking about the things he did while in this game. 

Hazado looked back to see the magic of Pick unfold, the shield was quite big and it looked promising form Hazado's angle. Pick took the shield with two hands and looked like he had at bit of trouble holding it up. Hazado too the shield out of Pick's hands and hold the shield perfectly fine with one hand. "You can't accept a friend request if your hands are both occupied, can't we now," he said opening the menu with his other hand and sending Pick a friend request. " ha I give you the full pride of naming the shield my new friend, what ever you want the name to be it will be that, don't go all to crazy about it though." Hazado said with a smile on his face.

@Pick

Pick observed the shield, wanting to come up with a good name for it. The shield had a warm atmosphere to it, as if inviting for challenges. To demonstrate its richness, it had silver plating surrounding the outside of the shield. In the middle of the round, red shield was, there was an image of a boar head, threatening monsters that come in its way. It was, indeed, a well-made shield, and he had no idea who in their rightful mind would leave this thing on the top of the tree that he had found it in. Whatever the reason was, he didn't really care that much, since he had managed to get his hands on something and with his skillful luck was able to identify it and find out that it had quite the good mitigation on it.

"Here, I'll call it 'remembrance' so when you eventually get yourself a better shield, you'll know not to throw this one away. It won't serve you that long. At least, I hope it won't serve you that long, but hopefully, you'll remember it as a gift when you stuff in along with all the other useless things." Pick exclaimed. He had said that, but before he named it the name he had, he was tempted to name it compensation just because he had wanted this shield to be used as compensation for the man's time. However, it seemed that Hazado had sort of forgotten about the fact that Pick would use this as compensation. Pick shrugged, watching as the quest accepted screen popped up in front of him. "Looks like I can start my merchant shop now, but I probably won't go ahead and get it started until I get unlimited col to identify and buy items." Pick said, "In the future though, feel free to come by with some items and I can identify them for ya." 

@Hazado

As he looked at the shield he was still wondering how this shield got into the trees and why even if it was heavy to carry, maybe a monster attacked a player or NPC and knocked them into the tree where they must have died. Hazado shacked his head to the thought and listens to Pick as he names the shield. Remembrance in like remember, he liked the name and if you think about it you could think about a second meaning behind the name. "Once I get a house I will put it on the wall as a remembering if I do end up getting a better shield, but for now the 'Remembrance' will be my shield," as he said this the name changed to the name it was given just now. as it looked like that Pick cleared the quest he said about a shop he could start now, it was okay to do so but Hazado did see it as a waste of time for him to start a job, "You are a great business partner Pick, and I see we helping each other out happening again, no worry I won't end up dying out of no where, it is not my plan to do so, but my spear is always here or there for hire or if your just want to talk I can also provide that," he said as he looked at the shield again,

thinking about were he met Pick the first time it was at the beach Even, and he was speaking to the girl who hated his guts because of there conversation. "Speaking of talk, You know Asakku, She really hates me you know, well she hates almost everything that tries to talk to her. but she hates me the most because of our conversation, let's just say She told her story to me and she did not like it that I know it," he said with grin on his face "you tried to hit on her I think on that beach party, well she is cold hearted so I wish you luck with that, Still trying to get her to like me." he said with a smile thinking about she always tried to avoid him at any cost.

@Pick

"Bah, I'm not nearly important enough for my shield to go on your wall... not that I mind of course. However, save that space for someone that might save your life or something, because I certainly will not have the ability to do so," Pick exclaimed. He wasn't going to be anyone important in this game. The only thing that Pick will ever be known for is probably his riches when he gets his hands full of them. One thing that he has learned from experience was people hated those who had money, and he probably will be too unless he shares the possessions that he obtains out in the wilderness. "However, if I ever have to take a blade for you, you bet I'll jump in front of a blade for you, and I expect the same when I ask you to help me with some of my quests. It's a shame though, since your going to be a tank, right? That makes it hard for either one of us to be really good at completing quests easily." Pick continued, finding ways to continue the conversation after completing the quest. The day was almost over, but it wasn't late enough to go straight to bed - in the best inn of the first floor, by the way.

"Oh, that girl? I doubt she'll openly say that she likes anyone. However, let me tell you a secret," Pick got closer to Hazado's ear, "With some luck and skill, I was able to brush up against her, face to face. And I got out alive, how about that?" Pick exclaimed, smiling as he did so. "The more time you spend with someone, the more they'll like you. Maybe ask her to do a few quests with you, and before you know it, she'll consider you a friend." He winked.

@Hazado

"Pick I'm not going to have you take a blade for me, I will gladly take a blade for you, well for everyone that needs one, Oh and don't worry about the damage, I have a two-handed spear and those do pack a punch, you will see it one day" he said with a smile. as Pick speaks about his little secret he laughs a bit "She would end up stabbing me anyways, no matter what I do." he says holding his hand to his torso where she jabbed him on the beach. "She does not say she hates me but she also does not like me but finds me handy to have around," he says as he tabs his chest to mark off that he means his tank abilities. Most people he knew were either his friends or someone he once helped in a quest. It was fun so long it lasted as he got a message from someone, "Hold on just one second," he says as he opens his menu to look at the message.

He reads the message he got and then just facepalms himself, "God darn it," he says with his accent again. "seems like my friend got herself into trouble again, and I need to play the hero for her again, Well this is what you get if you treat her like a smaller sister," he says closing the menu. He looks at Pick and nods "Okay Pick, my friend is waiting now as she is on Floor five now hiding in some ally from a few guys, think you saw her on the beach small girl with white hair, That's here," he said with a small smile. "If you want to say anything just say it,"

@Pick