[F01 - PP] I found the key to the garden <<Nature's Treasure>> (Pick)

Neo had come down to the first floor once again because she was in need for more ingredients. Though she wasn't struggling to keep producing at the moment, she knew she very well could be soon. It would be a better idea if she just did some gathering now and went on her merry way. She already knew a pretty good place to find some gardens, and thought she saw a good spot to go fishing around there as well. She thought about going at it alone once again, but decided it would be nice to have some company for this trip. SHe put up a request on the player boards and waited to see if anyone would respond to it. She didn't want to wait long, but if there was someone that was also looking to get some gathering in she figured she may as well help as best as she could.

Mid to Low level player looking for gathering and fishing buddy. Already know where the location is, just looking for anyone else who wants to gather with me. All players welcome, shouldn't be any threats around.

@Pick

-1 T1 Loot Die Expresso (+3 LD)

Pick got out his last loot die Expresso before walking out of the inn that he was currently residing in on the first floor. Pick smiled, drinking the thing in one gulp before letting out a satisfying ahhhh... Today would be a gathering day, like the previous days that he had spent. Like this, he would slowly build up the amount of materials. Soon enough, he would use the materials to get Col, and although he doesn't have a method of doing that yet, he'll think of something when the time arrives. Pick opened his menu, clicking a few buttons to check if anyone was interested in material gathering, preferably a female. Pick smiled, of course, when there was in fact one person who had asked for companionship in a gathering/fishing session. Pick shrugged, although he couldn't fish, he was one lucky guy, meaning gathering was probably no problem for him. Straightening up his collars, sent a message to the player:

Hey, there! I would like to join you on this material gathering session. May I ask where you are, and how I can confirm that it's actually you once I arrive at the location? @Neopolitan

Edited by Pick

Neo sat and waited for a response. She ended up waiting a little bit longer than she originally intended to. Just as she was about to get up and head out, she got a notification for a response to her post on the request boards. Quickly reading over it, she typed up a response. Though she didn't give many details about how she looked, she figured just her hair color would suffice. She had yet to see someone who had hair color close to hers. And as she thought about it, she realized she was the only person who has two-tone hair. Maybe she was forgetting about someone she had met, but she couldn't recall for certain. Shrugging it off, Neo went to the meeting place she had designated in her mail. It was a quiet place right towards the edge of the Town of Beginnings. As far as she could tell, it was the closest exit to a safe zone to the garden she had in mind.

Once they get here, we'll see how long it takes for them to pick up on my silence. The time it takes varies almost as widely as it does for people in real life, though I haven't seen many people get it in a median amount of time. They either get it right off the bat or need some serious hinting towards it. Either way, I just hope to get a good fishing trip in.

Glad to have someone to go along with! Meet me at the west entrance of the Town of Beginnings, I'll have brown and pink hair.

Pick received the notification that he had received a message almost as soon as he sent his previous message. Without another second wasted, Pick began to walk towards the western entrance without even taking in the scenery around him. Usually, he would stroll slowly past the NPCs, the markets, the rushed players, everything and admire how a game such as this can make every thing so darn realistic. This time, however, he had someone to attend to, and an objective to meet... which is why he could spare no time wasted. I don't think I've ever walked as fast as I just did, Pick thought, keeping an eye out for someone with the hair description that was provided to him.

Just like that, Pick managed to spot a girl who fit the description perfectly. He walked up to the girl, giving her a bow in greetings. "Greetings, a fine day for some material gathering, isn't it? I suggest we get straight to business, then. A minute wasted could be a material that could've been found. I suggest you lead the way, then." Pick exclaimed, stepping aside and putting one arm out, suggesting that she walked before him. "Oh, how rude of me. My name is Pick by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you."

@Neopolitan

It didn't take long before Neo spotted someone walking quite briskly towards the entrance. His eyes were scanning around until they finally settled on her. Neo looked his way as he approached and began to talk. She nodded in response to his initial greeting. Even though it was just about always a good time for gathering on this floor, that was no reason to disagree. Once he gestured for her to lead, she began to walk towards the garden. As he introduced himself, Neo gave a little bow of her head and sent out a party invite. She hoped that the invite would suffice as an introduction. There wasn't much else she could really do, at least that she had figured out yet. Perhaps with time she would be able to get the hang of introducing her self properly. For now though, it was best to just head towards the garden. She began to walk there quickly, though not as quick as Pick had approached her. There would be plenty of time to gather and fish, so Neo saw no need to be in a rush. That's not to say she didn't want to waste time, so a quicker walk was her final decision.

@Pick

ID: 13471
LD: 15+6=21 (2 Materials)
CD: 12 (3 Bonus Materials)

Pick smiled softly. The woman didn't say anything in response to his introduction, signalling that she was one of those quiet ones. Pick didn't mind though, as she sent him a party invite, and the name fit the one who had sent the player request message. The woman then decided to take him on a hurried walk, to which Pick followed behind with no problem, and he was glad that she was so rushed to not waste a single moment's notice.

Soon, the two players would arrive at the garden, where the two players would most likely spend the rest of the day in. He had been here once, and had gathered quite a bit of materials here. The place was beautiful, and Pick would never have enough of the scenery as this one. "Well, now that we're here, let's get started right away." Pick declared, going to a nearby flower bush and without looking, swiped five white-petaled flowers and offering it to the girl with a smile and a bow. "Consider it a gift. Gifts are a symbol of acquaintance."

@Neopolitan

Total materials: 5

Edited by Pick

Fishing Results: CD 1-4: Nothing; CD 5-6: 1 mat; CD 7-8: 2; CD 9-10: 3 mats; CD 11; 4 mats; CD 12 & LD 1-14: 4 mats; CD 12 LD 15+: Chest

Buffs: +2 LD from Cloak of Eyes

ID: 103472

CD: 10 - 3 T1 Mats

Totals: 8 T1 Mats

As soon as the two arrived at the garden, Neo began to look for a good spot to fish. Pick offered her some of the petals he had collected and Neo pushed them away. If he was going to give gifts, she would rather they split their finds up in the end. It would be much quicker for each of them to gather or fish on their own and pool things together. It was quite likely one would be giving some of their things to the other, and it was better to save it for the end. After pushing the flowers back towards Pick, she drafted up a message and sent it off.

We can split things up at the end, though I do appreciate the offer.

She looked around for a pond and quickly spotted one that looked deep enough to fish in. She cast out her line and made sure she had everything properly equipped. She felt a tug quite quickly and reeled in what would hopefully be the first of many catches this day.

@Pick

ID: 103474
LD: 20+6=26 (2 Materials)
CD: 9 (2 Bonus Materials)

Pick shrugged when the girl refused his formalities. The girl seemed quite reserved, and now he was suspecting that the girl simply could not speak in general. It didn't matter though. He watched as the girl opened up her menu and sent him a message before giving her a sincere smile. "Alright." He said, watching as she got her fishing started. Pick was actually curious... for this was the first time that he had seen someone use fishing as a method of obtaining materials. It sure was unique, but he would much rather grab up patches of seaweed from the side of the pond, which was what he did. With three seaweed in his hand, he walked behind the girl and opened his menu as well.

Very well. Let us enjoy our time with the material gathering, and gather as much as we can. Also, do you mind if I watch you fish while I gather materials? This is the first time I've seen it in action before, and I'm not quite sure how it works.

@Neopolitan

Total Materials: 12

Edited by Pick

Fishing Results: CD 1-4: Nothing; CD 5-6: 1 mat; CD 7-8: 2; CD 9-10: 3 mats; CD 11; 4 mats; CD 12 & LD 1-14: 4 mats; CD 12 LD 15+: Chest

ID: 103475

CD: 5 - 1 mat

Totals: 13x T1 Mats

Neo watched as Pick grabbed some seaweed from the pond. He seemed to be rather adept at finding things to scavenge for, much better than Neo ever was. Even though she had gotten used to gathering she had gotten used to fish ever since she unlocked the skill. Neo got another ding, and read the message she was sent. She quickly typed a response and sent it to Pick, casting her line out after she did. Their wasn't as quick of a bite this time, but she wasn't surprised. If this place was as good for materials as she thought it was, other players would've likely fished it dry by now. She reeled in the bite, careful to make sure her feet were firmly planted. Even if the pond didn't seem that deep, it wouldn't be a good idea to go swimming at the moment as it would likely scare off whatever fish were spawned in there right now. Once the fish was within distance, Neo carefully leaned and grabbed it. It dissolved into the material item and she put it into her inventory. Checking to make sure her line was still good, she pulled back to cast it once more.

I don't mind at all. And by the way, you don't need to send me messages. I can hear just fine, I just don't speak is all.

@Pick

ID: 103478
LD: 18+6=24 (2 Materials)
CD: 6 (2 Bonus Materials)

Pick smiled. He had read her message, picked up a few more seaweed in the shores, and watched as the girl reeled up a fish. She never thought that fishing would've been an effective method of gathering materials, but as far as he could tell, he was getting most of the materials with the patches of seaweed that he was easily taking from the side of the pond. Pick was curious... this was the first time in his life that he had met someone who simply cannot talk. It really was difficult communicating when the two of them aren't communicating in the same manner.

"So... you've been fishing for a long time now? What's the biggest fish that you've ever gotten? Maybe some of them even have jewels inside their bellies, ever thought about that?" Pick asked, joking of course, but there must be another way that an individual can benefit from fishing, as it was obviously not as effective as a material gathering skill as the gatherer skill that Pick had invested in. "I hope you don't mind me sitting down next to you." and even though he had asked this, he sat down before receiving an answer - keeping his distance, of course.

@Neopolitan

Total Materials: 17

Edited by Pick

ID: 103511

CD: 10 - 3 mats

Totals: 20x T1 Mats

Neo cast out her line and began to wait for her next bite. The place was good, though as always it just seemed as though she got lucky when it came to finding fish. As Pick continued to ask questions, Neo turned towards him. She shook her head to his first one, she had only begun fishing recently in the game and never had done it before SAO. As he asked about the size of fish that she's caught, Neo thought about it for a little. She has never really paid attention to the size of the fish she has caught, it never was a detail she bothered about. Suddenly there was a tug on the line and Neo began to reel it in. She could feel the weight of the fish behind it, it must be huge. As she saw it beginning to surface along the water, it was making some pretty large splashes. She managed to get it onto land though and it didn't take long for her to quickly bash its head and claim it as her own. It was a monster of a fish, stretching across the length of her arm. She pointed towards that and gave a look of affirmation. She would've remembered if she had ever caught a larger fish. It shortly turned into materials and faded into her inventory though, a glory short-lived. Soon after checking her inventory to see the resources she got, Pick sat down next to him as she shook her head to his semi-question. He seemed to be intent on it anyways, so there was no need to try and fight it. She rarely could win an argument anyway, most people could just ignore her and command the attention of peers with their voice.

@Pick

ID:  103513
LD: 18+6=24 (2 Materials)
CD: 12 (3 Bonus Materials)

"Woah, now that's a fish muy grande. I bet that one's worth a ton of materials, huh?" Pick remarked, surprised at how well-timed that was. As soon as Pick mentioned a big fish, the girl managed to fish up a fish of quite the size. Pick watched as the girl continued to fish, keeping her hands on the fishing rod silently. He leaned backwards, supporting his body with his two hands behind his back as he looked at the sky. "Beautiful day, sometimes, I wish I could be like the birds, flying in freedom, not restricted by anything." Pick mumbled to himself quietly when he suddenly felt something by his right hand. "Bah-" Pick yelped, surprised at the presence of four crabs that had crawled up to him. One of them had its claws tightly wrapped around Pick's pinkie. If that was in real life, he would've definitely have bled from that. "Why you little crab, sneaking up to me like that." Pick cursed, picking up the crabs one by one and inserting them into his inventory. When he got to the last one though, he noticed that it's pincers had were closed on a small little orb. Taking it out of its claws, Pick raised it to the sun. "Quite real. Do you have a taste for jewelry?" Pick asked, unable to close his mouth due to his like of talking, even if he was talking to someone who appeared to be a mute.

@Neopolitan

Total Materials: 25

Edited by Pick

ID: 103515

Totals: 28x T1 Mats

Neo cast out her line again, listening to Pick's comments. She shrugged as he talked about being free to fly like the birds. She was never one to dream as such, she never dreamed much of anything. She was always just content with where she was at, not wanting to change. Becoming stuck within this game certainly derailed that plan though. As pick let out a small yelp of pain, Neo looked over to see the crabs walking around him. She silently brought her hand up to her mouth and shook a little in a laughing motion. She had used it in the real world before, and it seemed here it was also the best way for her to convey her laughter. As Pick offered her what looked like a pearl, Neo accepted the generous offer. She didn't wear a lot of jewellery, but she could easily make an exception for someone so kind. Soon after putting the pearl into her pocket, she felt another tug of the line. Reeling it in, she noticed it was another rather large fish. Not as big as last time, but still worth a good amount of materials. She put them into her inventory and checked her line once more. The fish were biting quickly and she didn't want to wait too long before casting her line once more.

@Pick

ID: 1034518
LD: 13+6=19 (2 Materials)
CD: 4 (1 Bonus Material)

Pick collected a few stones that apparently counted as materials, not that he minded, because they were practically waiting for his hands to take them and claim them. He was so lucky that materials find him instead of him finding materials. Pick shrugged, noticing that he had managed to amuse Neopolitan as she portrayed laughter, or her own version of it. Pick smiled, watching as the girl reeled yet another fish of decent size. Just like that, both of them managed to add a few more materials to their material stockpile. I wonder how many materials those fish actually gives her. Pick thought, putting his right hand on the bottom of his chin in a thinking motion.

"Since you've got this skill to get you materials, I won't engage you in boring business talks. I'm assuming that you've got this skill for a reason? Probably a profession, since that's what materials are used for. What do you do?" Pick asked, trying to know the girl better.

@Neopolitan

Total Materials: 31

Edited by Pick

Roll ID: #103530

CD: 1 - Nothing

Totals: 31x T1 Mats

Neo threw out her line and continued to listen. Fishing was making for a very peaceful time, even with quite the chatterbox coming along with her. She didn't mind too much though, it was much better than just going at it all alone. Even though she didn't talk, it was good to have someone come along with her to just have some company. Nothing seemed to be biting, so Neo became a bit more relaxed. Now that things were going to a more reasonable pace, she took the time to give a slightly more crafted response to Pick. As he asked what she did, Neo gave a motion like stirring a pot with one hand. Though she realized this could be misinterpreted to mean she was an alchemist, hopefully doing it with the single hand would show she was a cook. If he did misinterpret it, she would just need to substitute in another gesture. It wouldn't be the first time she would need to do so.

@Pick

ID: 103575
LD: 7+5=12 (1 Material)
CD: 3 (1 Bonus Material)

Pick leaned backwards and grabbed up some glowing stones that he had somehow managed to miss when he first inspected the area. It was good that he managed to grab the stones now and claim it as materials before he walked out of the place without those two precious stones. Throwing one up into the air and catching it afterwards, he continued to the conversation. "Stirring... Wait." Pick thought, putting a finger to his chin. The only stirring that he has ever seen in his life are those witches who surround a stirring pot with green ooze inside it as if they were making some sort of magical curse. Pick smiled. "So, you are a wit-" Pick slapped himself before he leaked out more information. "Hold on, I mean so you're an alchemist? Meh, although it's a nice profession, I don't think they have loot die bonuses though, so I don't think I'll be buying from an alchemist." Pick exclaimed, smiling as he continued to watch the girl fish. The day was still early, so they can still get in more material gathering.

@Neopolitan

Total Materials: 33

Edited by Pick

Roll ID: #103582

CD: 6 - 1 mat

Totals: 34x T1 Mats

As Neo reeled in another catch, she realized her actions had been misinterpreted. After claiming her materials, she waved her hands in disagreement. She thought a little bit about what would be better to convey her profession. She ended up doing a motion like chopping a vegetable on a cutting board. It was a little awkward being done in the air, but she hoped it would convey the message better. Now that she thought about it, she really might want to consider making her restaurant seafood themed with all the fishing she does.

Guess it doesn't really matter in the end. All the materials will morph into what you want for cooking anyways.

Neo looked at the in game clock. It was still set to her timezone when she had entered the game, but it seemed most people's schedules had deviated from the typical 24 hour period. Time was still important though, so the clock still had some use. There didn't seem to be a date function, so she couldn't really keep track of how long she had been stuck in this game. All that time spent not doing anything had really messed with her sense of time.

@Pick

ID: 103606
LD: 1+6=7 (No Materials)

Pick's eyebrows went up slightly when the girl did some motion with her hands. It seemed that he had accidentally misinterpreted what the girl had motioned to her before. Now, she was imitating cutting vegetables - a cook. Perfect. Pick thought, smiling as he bent back to his originally position, ready to stand up and gather more materials around now that he had managed to grab up everything that he sees around him in that sitting position. "Well, as a material gatherer, I'm looking forwards to working with you in the future. Especially since cooks can make those items that makes your luck better - the loot die thingy." Pick exclaimed. "You really do make your own luck after all." He smiled. It was a common quote from Pick whenever people question or rage his luck, but luck is produced when you look on the bright side of unluckiness to the point where something unlucky actually becomes lucky for you and people who observed the event. That was in real life. Now, you could actually just make your luck increase with items and consumables.

Pick stood up, noticing a small red blur appear in the pond. It was a fish. Perhaps he could sneak up to it and grab it out of the pool? That was what he had decided to do, and perhaps it wasn't the greatest choice, because he found himself falling into the pool after taking a bad step that resulted in him sticking his foot under a root. Soon, his entire upper body was inside the pond.

@Neopolitan

Total Materials: 34

Edited by Pick

Roll ID: #103658

Totals: 37x T1 Mats

As Pick talked about working with Neo more in the future, she gave a smile. She kept smiling and nodded in confirmation that cooks could make items that helped one's luck. Her smile was taken a little from her face as she was yanked to her feet by her line getting pulled on by a fish. She was still getting used to this and thankfully hadn't actually lost the fish from that. She was extra careful to reel it in this time, and managed to snag herself a relatively large fish once again. This pond certainly had fish that were larger than one would think would fit in there. Regardless, it was giving plenty of materials for the both of them to share. Neo quickly typed up a message and sent it off to Pick.

We've probably been at this for long enough now. If you're ready to head out just let me know and we can head back. Don't get too far ahead of me, we're not far into this hedge maze, but it moved around last time I was trying to find materials in it.

@Pick

(OOC: So sorry for the delay)

ID: 103692
LD: 5+6=11 (No Treasure Chest)

"Ok," Pick said just as he finished reading the message that Neo had sent him. "I'm gonna call you Neo from now on," Pick exclaimed, smiling as he began to walk. "I think we did a decent job with the material gathering." He said, evaluating the day. He had gone on a material gathering by himself, and he was able to collect more materials on his own in the same time than with someone else, but he didn't mind because the time that he spent with another person is simply worth it. Pick was glad that he had come with the girl and gotten to know a new person, even if she wasn't talkative... or couldn't talk at all. It had been a fun time, and he had dried himself off after falling into the pond like that. He had expected for the girl to chuckle or laugh or indicate in some way in response to Pick making such a clumsy move, but she didn't, so maybe she's had enough of what he had to offer in a day. "Alright, let's split up the resources... Also, may I add you to my friend's list in case you or I need more materials on our hands?" Pick asked, sending the invitation as he led the way out of the maze.

(Can you lock? Thanks!)

@Neopolitan

Thread Complete:

Both Players: +1 SP, +200 Col

Neopolitan: +19 T1 Materials
Pick: +18 T1 Materials

Edited by Pick